New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Creating Planets: The Apuchi Project

Golarion and its system belongs to Paizo, so let's claim another corner of the universe for our own to modify as we see fit!

Apuchi

The star Apuchi is a yellow white sun about the size of Sol. It is surrounded by an asteroid belt where our planet Mercury would be, then the terrestrial planet Arjan at 0.75 AU. Next is the terrestrial planet Denne at 1.5 AU. Then is another asteroid belt, and three gas giants with scores of dwarf planets beyond.

Arjan

Arjan is 1.1 the mass of Earth with a diameter of 9000 kilometers. It is mostly ocean with continental landmasses and many islands. It has an iron core and a magnetic field presently oriented towards the north. Arjan orbits Apuchi every 360 days. It has a moon about the size of Luna, named Pujal, with twenty-five lunar months every two Arjani years.

Arjan will be a world in the Pathfinder Universe with such modifications as you find reasonable. There will be Gates to Golarion and other places, but they are in mid ocean, are shifting, and not well mapped. You can explain that if possible. The demonology of Golarion is definitely present.

I claim for myself the island of Bardu, located from the 26th to the 32nd parallel south. Since it's first, it's also the reference for longitude. The holy city of Armatta is the reference point at 0 degrees and 28 degrees south. Bardu occupies a span of twenty meridians from 15 west to 5 east. I also decree nobody can be based within two-hundred-fifty miles of Bardu. That's about 3 degrees of longitude and latitude.

I don't have the math to calculate the distance of a degree on an oblate spheroid. On a perfect sphere 9000 miles in diameter a degree would be about 78.5 miles.

I will post more about Bardu and its people and pantheon, but for now know the Sun and Moon are gods of Bardu, are female and male, and are lawful good. Anybody wants to have a Sun or Moon god, needs to explain somehow why there's a difference.

I invite you all to populate Arjan and the rest of the Apuchi system.
    I reserve for myself the right to referee disputes about the globe of Arjan. I also reserve for myself the rights to curtail the powers of gods. I want to be reasonable, but the greatest and most powerful god on Arjan IS NOT your vampire.

In fact, go to Denne. The most powerful god on Denne IS a vampire. Maybe yours. Somebody else go referee that globe.

Some ground rules for settling Arjan:

1. Pathfinder Universe.
    2. Take up as much land as you like, except no overlapping obviously. Give map references please.
    3. Nobody has circumvented Arjan yet, so nobody on Arjan has a complete map of the planet.
    4. Racial proportions are up for grabs. You want a land of naga and halflings, have at it.
    5. Coexist. Your gods are not the bestest oldest strongest. You can't put a continent within a hundred miles of somebody else's and not reference theirs.
    6. Your people can BELIEVE your gods are the bestest oldest strongest. It's just not true.
    7. Scarcity of minerals, for simplicity's sake, should match Golarion.
    8. Tech is generally early medieval or less. If you want to have a crashlanded spaceship with cool stuff, be isolated please.
    9. If you create a whole continent, and you don't fill it up, you're asking others to do so. Thou shalt not resent enclaves on “your” continent unless you really use all that space.
    10. Don't be a jerk. If you want to introduce drow on a continent somebody else designed, don't stick them suddenly next to a major city. Use the blank spots on the map.
    11. “Enclaves” should be settlements of fewer than a thousand persons. Please respect others' work to create the larger canvas.
    12. If you have a land that would fit please feel free to import it.
    13. Anybody know some good cartography software, lemme know, because I'll be using a highlighter and a paper map for now.
    14. When I claim arbiter power I really mean to be more of a county recorder than a referee. I really want to give maximum freedom here.

Let's see what we can come up with!
    Last edited by TheYell; 2016-08-08 at 02:40 PM.
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Creating Planets: The Apuchi Project

Spoiler: Bardu
    Show
    Bardu is located in the southern hemisphere on the 32nd to 26th parallel. It is roughly bisected by the Harm Mountains, some of whose peaks are higher than 8000 meters. South of the Harm Bardu is the great Lake of Birds and south of that grassy steppeland roamed by tribes of Orc barbarians and shamans. North of the Harm are human kingdoms that follow the Romantic Pantheon. In the Northeast of Bardu is the Holy City-state of Amatta, home to the Twice-Summoned who worship Dad the Moon. The Harm Mountain range extends east of Bardu under the sea as the Bardeni Plateau, a shallow stretch of undersea mountains favored by Merfolk. Its bed is largely within reach of sunlight and is a rich area of coral reef, kelp forest and civilized peaks.

Spoiler: North Shore
    Show
    The North Shore of Bardu is divided into four Kingdoms, from west to east, Kors, Ajad, Morpa, and Armatta. East of Armatta is the undersea Bardeni Plateau which is the Kingdom of Oll of the merfolk.
    The merfolk of the Bardeni Plateau have taken up Paasa as their patron god and there are huge temples to the Erratic in Oll. As far as is known there are no temples to Mom the Sun in Oll, though this is rumored to trouble the high clerics of Armatta. The merfolk do not permit humans to fish or hunt the seals of Oll, though they are willing to trade fur and meat and fish and kelp and medicines for the forged bronze tools and weapons of men. The forged weapons of dwarves bring even greater prizes in Oll.

Spoiler: Kors
    Show
    Kors is bounded by the sea to the west. To the south the River Alasta and the foothills of the Harm Mountains separate Kors from the Great Grasslands. To the north is the sea. To the east is the River Terrej. Kors is the furthest from Armatta and Kabr has the greatest followers here though Kors has the smallest population of the North Shore kingdoms. Among the great jungle temples are those who even worship Kabr as a god of evil and murder, though even they are adamantly opposed to the cults of Orcus that crop up in the hinterland. There are garuda and derhii in Kors but not elsewhere on Bardu. The city where the River Terrej meets the Ocean is Ninsar.

Spoiler: Ajad
    Show
    Ajad is bounded by the sea to the north, the harm mountains to the south, the river Terrej to the west and the River Demmej to the east. Ajad is known as the Vacant Throne as no King has ruled in Ajad for a thousand years. It has gentled to the point that the Council of Dukes has weeks of summer jousting instead of wars. Ajad has more towns than any other kingdom, and intrigue and courtly chivalry are greatly prized there. Bled the Valiant has the most followers in Ajad. Lammasu are known to wander in Ajad. The city where the River Demmej meets the Ocean is Sosar.

Spoiler: Morpa
    Show
    Morpa is bounded by the sea to the north, the Harm Mountains to the south, the River Demmej to the west and the River Sellej to the east. Morpa venerates Hal the Bountiful almost as much as Mom the Sun. Guardian Naga are known in Morpa. Morpa is rich in farmland and has many villages but is less developed than Ajad. The city where the River Sellej meets the Ocean is Babsar.

Spoiler: Armatta
    Show
    Armatta is bounded by the sea to the north and east, by the Harm Mountains to the south, and the River Sellej to the west. There are dense temperate forests of eucalyptus and pine in the Armatta. Halfings and elves and half-elves have dense settlements here. Eastport is a city on the West Bank of the Sellej that was founded by a King of Morpa and permitted to exist by the Matriarch of Armatta after an infamous siege. The Holy City of Armatta is the base point for longitude on Arjan. It is home to the cult of Dad the Moon.

Spoiler: Harm Mountains
    Show
    The Harm Mountains are home to dwarf settlements, to elf rangers and druids, and to at least one colony of drow close by Armatta. These do not follow the human pantheon. The dwarves have the secret of iron and keep it strictly for themselves, though they may trade in iron tools and weapons for great price.
    The drow have been quiet for nearly three hundred years but their slave raids into the Armatta have not been forgotten by that city of warriors.

Spoiler: Great Grasslands
    Show
    The Great Grasslands are southern steppe broken by numerous rivers. The grasslands are home to roaming tribes of orcs with shamanistic beliefs and probably some demons. They destroy every attempt at settlement on the steppe. The Orcs of Bardu have no clerics or warpriests. They have no sorcerers or wizards. They have bloodragers and shamans and skalds, fighters, rangers, hunters and psions. Their gods are the Sky and the Land and no Orc speaks with their voice. They herd bison and cattle and horses and sheep. They do not take slaves, for what can keep up with an Orc? They do not tolerate crops or settlements on their Land, for it is an encroachment of the Wrong Ways. They have limited contact with dwarves and as little to do with elves as possible. They hate and fear the drow as slavers and killers. Contrary to human rumor, they do not worship demons, for they know demons seek to wrest allegiance from the Sky and the Land. They will not join with humans to fight a demon, however. They have their hot and cold hard lands to the south of the Harm Mountains and they do not know the monsoon. Half Orcs are extremely rare but accepted if they can keep up with Orcs. Half Orcs are not welcome in most human society though in Kors anything goes as they say.

The humans of the island of Bardu have a strange pantheon, called the Romantic pantheon. They hold that the Sun and Moon, called Mom and Dad, are superior to four minor gods called Suitors. The Suitors court Mom in their season, and are ushered out by Dad in their turn. The Suitors are associated with the seasons and zodiac of Bardu.

Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    The Bardeni year begins in Spring with the signs of the Plow, Horse, Oxen. Then comes Summer with the Sword and Shield. Then is the Monsoon season with the sign of the River. Then comes Fall with the signs of Corn and Wheat. Then comes four months of Winter with the signs of the Tomb, the Grave, the Coffin, and the Headstone. These are the zodiac as seen from the southern hemisphere island of Bardu.

Spoiler: Hal
    Show
    Hal is the god of spring and fall. His domains are Weather, Plant, Community, Animal and Liberation.
    His subdomains are Seasons, Storms, Decay, Growth, Family, Home, Freedom, Revolution, Feather, and Fur. He is Neutral Good, for all that grows comes from him, but not every seed prospers. His priests wear green and braid their hair. Hal is most popular in the kingdom of Morpa. Hal is known as the Bountiful. Hal hates all demons especially Deskari and Cyth-V'sug for the damage they do crops. Hal is ascendant when Mom is in the Plow, the Horse, the Ox, Corn and Wheat.

Spoiler: Bled
    Show
    Bled is the god of summer. He is known as the Valiant. His domains are known as War, Glory, Healing, Nobility, and Travel. His subdomains are Blood, Tactics, Leadership, Martyr, Restoration, Resurrection, Heroism, Honor, Exploration, and Trade. He is Lawful Neutral, for he does not take sides so long as the rules are followed. His priests wear red and trim their hair close. Bled is most popular in the kingdom of Ajad. Bled hates all demons but especially Nocticula and Kostchtchie for their treachery and senseless wrath. Bled is ascendant when Mom is in the Sword or the Shield.

Spoiler: Paasa
    Show
    Paasa is the god of monsoon. His domains are Luck, Water, Trickery, Chaos, and Madness. His subdomains are Ice, Oceans, Deception, Thievery, Insanity, Nightmare, Curse, Fate, Azata, Demon and Protean. His priests wear blue and leave their hair wild. Paasa is known as the Erratic and has the most followers in the merfolk kingdom of Oll, for the sea is always with them. Paasa is Chaotic Neutral, for the sea has few rules and does not show much mercy. Paasa hates all demons but especially Dagon and Lamashtu for perverting the sea and the gift of madness. Paasa is ascendant when Mom is in the River or when there is a thirteenth full moon of the year.

Spoiler: Kabr
    Show

Kabr is the god of winter. His domains are Death, Darkness, Evil, Destruction, Repose. His subdomains are Murder, Loss, Night, Catastrophe, Rage, Ancestor, and Souls. Kabr's worship is not much tolerated outside the wilderness kingdom of Kors. His priests wear black and shave their heads. Kabr hates all demons but especially Orcus and Kabiri because Kabr sees undeath as an abomination. He is Lawful Evil for all things come to death. Kabr is known as the Silent. Kabr is ascendant when Mom is in the Tomb, the Grave, the Coffin, and the Headstone.

Spoiler: Mom
    Show
    Mom is the Sun. Her domains are Sun, Air, Knowledge, Charm, Fire, Protection. Her subdomains are Cloud, Wind, Love, Lust, Ash, Smoke, Memory, Thought, Defense, Purity, Day, and Light. Her priests wear yellow and are women with hair in three equal tails. Mom hates all demons but especially Sifkesh and Haagenti for perverting the true nature of things. Mom is Lawful Good for she provides bounty and keeps to a strict schedule. Mom has temples in all kingdoms but Oll, but her temples are open by invitation only. Mom is ascendant during the day.

Spoiler: Dad
    Show
    Dad is the Moon. He is Lawful Good for he regulates all the gods according to schedule. Dad's domains are Law, Strength, Magic, Earth, Rune, Good, Artifice. His subdomains are Construct, Toil, Caves, Metal, Archon, Inevitable, Arcane, Divine, Agathion, Archon, Azata, Language, Wards, Ferocity, and Resolve. Dad hates all demons but especially Shax, Abraxas, and Socothbenoth. Dad is ascendant during the full moon. His priests may be any gender and are tonsured and wear silver.

When a Bardeni god is ascendant their clerics may wield the powers of a third domain chosen at the beginning of each day.

3. - Top - End - #3

Maybe I should be explicitly clear that someday i want to publish our stuff on Apuchi system in pdf format so we get DM respect for our homebrew.

So if you have an alien or spacefaring race you want to base in the Apuchi system, we have the following available:

first orbit asteroid belt

fourth orbit asteroid belt

Fifth Orbit ?????
    fifth orbit planetary rings
    fifth orbit moon one
    fifth orbit moon two
    fifth orbit moon three

Sixth orbit -????
    sixth orbit planetary rings
    sixth orbit moon one
    sixth orbit moon two
    sixth orbit moon three
    sixth orbit moon four
    sixth orbit moon five
    sixth orbit moon six
    sixth orbit moon seven

Seventh Orbit -- JISAN
    seventh orbit planetary rings
    KLEFA (Tvtyrant)
    seventh orbit moon two
    seventh orbit moon three
    seventh orbit moon four
    seventh orbit moon five
    seventh orbit moon six
    seventh orbit moon seven
    seventh orbit moon eight
    seventh orbit moon nine

frozen sunless dwarf planet one

frozen sunless dwarf planet two

frozen sunless dwarf planet three

frozen sunless dwarf planet four

frozen sunless dwarf planet five

frozen sunless dwarf planet six

frozen sunless dwarf planet seven

frozen sunless dwarf planet eight

So those are up for grabs. Let me know what you want, the name of the place, the race in occupancy (Please stat new races as Pathfinder player races) and it is yours. When I publish the Apuchi Chronicles I'll put your guys in as you describe them. Given that we don't have many takers yet I will let you be exclusive if you choose to be. You can get the whole moon or asteroid belt or dwarf planet to yourself as you see fit, GITP forum rules prevailing of course.

Denne the third orbit is vacant but I'd like to reserve it for grimydark horror stuffs and I'll let its inhabitants resolve the moon situation on Denne.

Let me start with an example. I said Arjan was the second planetary orbit and had a moon named Pujal. Pujal is a world of seas covered in shifting beds of ice. Pujal's depths have aboleth and the twilight shallows have a race of intelligent cephalopods called Thopt:

Spoiler: Thopt
    Show
    THOPT

Thopts are a race of sentient alien cephalopods who live in the twilight deeps of Pujal, with reported sightings off the coast of Bardu on Arjan. Thopts are always evil, usually chaotic evil, and are devotees of Dagon.

Thopt Racial Traits
    Outsider (Native): Thopts are proficient with no armor and with natural weapons only.
    Medium: Thopts are Medium sized creatures.
    Aquatic: A Thopt has the aquatic subtype.
    Darkvision: A Thopt has darkvision to 60 ft.
    Cold Subtype: A Thopt has immunity to cold and vulnerability to fire.
    Natural Armor: A Thopt has a +1 bonus to Natural Armor due to its rubbery hide.
    Camouflage: A Thopt gains a +4 to Stealth in aquatic environments.
    Swim: Thopts have a swim speed and +8 to Swim checks.
    Powerful Swimmer: A Thopt has a swim speed of 40 ft.
    Natural Attack (Slam): A Thopt can flail with its tentacles.
    Elemental Weapons (Cold): A Thopt does +1d6 cold damage with its slam attacks.
    Multiple Arms: A Thopt has six tentacles for limbs. A Thopt cannot be tripped.
    Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds Thopts for 1 round; on subsequent rounds they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
    Negative Energy Affinity: Thopts are harmed by positive energy and healed by negative energy.
    Vulnerable to Sunlight: Thopts take 1 point of Constitution damage after every hour they are exposed to sunlight.
    Languages: Aquan
    l

There we go, Pujal's oceans are mine. You guys could use the surface of Pujal, but be advised the ice is much less than 400 feet thick, so you'll be in telepathy range of evil squid psions.

...aaaand I just stocked my Moon, which is represented with a Lawful Good Moon God, with evil sentient fishies. Guess that's gonna be a looooong-term quest goal for my Bronze Age warriors....

edited to recalculate the Thopt a bit.
    Last edited by TheYell; 2016-08-12 at 03:21 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

The humans of Bardu are dark-skinned and have straight black hair. They tend to be about five-feet tall and of athletic build. The common human language of Bardu is Bardeni, which is widely used by Halflings and Gnomes. Elves and Dwarves generally do not speak Bardeni, though there are exceptions such as the loyal dwarven and elvish cantons of Armatta. Mudfoot's sign language is widely understood among the civilized races and by a very few half-orcs. Orcs speak their own languages. Merfolk speak Aquan and some know Mudfoot's sign language, with a rare few speaking some pidgin Bardeni.

Spoiler: North Shore of Bardu
    Show
    The North Shore

After periods of much turmoil the kingdoms of the North Shore of Bardu have known three generations of peace. Cynics say that is due to the absence of a King in Ajad. There is a loose confederation among the kingdoms. The military styles of the kingdoms have blended and it is now possible to see light infantry in the style of Morpa, heavy infantry in the style of Armatta, lancers in the style of Ajad, and skirmishers in the style of Kors in service in all armies.

The Great Company of Ajad, better known as the Mudfeet, is a trading company known throughout the five kingdoms and the Harm Mountains. It trades in iron with dwarves, alchemy with elves, fish and seal fur with merfolk, and everything else with humans and halflings. A very few adventurous souls attempt commerce with half-orcs along the Lake of Birds and sometimes their barbaric wares are for sale in North Shore bazaars.

The kingdom of Kors is in four regions:

Spoiler: The Palatine
    Show
    The Palatine
    The valley abutting the River Terrej is the most civilized portion of Kors. Ninsar, where the River Terrej meets the ocean, is the capital of Kors and its greatest city. Taxes are regularly collected. Mom has a great temple at Ninsar. Here the worship of Kabr emphasizes the Repose domain of the Sleeper. The king of Kors is more concerned with collection of taxes along the coast and in the jungle than competing in the jousts of Ajad. The Mudfeet have a great bazaar at Ninsar where the wares of Bardu can be had at Company prices.
    Elsewhere the Palatinate is a gathering of unfortified villages, tea plantations, and rolling pasture with the Terrej serving as the common means of transport.

Spoiler: Coastal Kors
    Show
    The Coast
    Coastal Kors is a region of small villages mostly given to fishing and some pastoral herding. Taxes are collected by catamaran from Ninsar and are paid in food, grain and livestock. Beer is a favorite coastal beverage and villages compete for the best brew. Kabr tends to be worshipped in his aspect of Catastrophe and Destruction, for the sea can be harsh.

Spoiler: Jungle Kors
    Show
    The Jungle
    Most of Kors is dense jungle and dangerous. It has the highest ratio of demon worshippers in Bardu, with an estimated 11 of 46 villages being given over to worship of Orcus or Kabiri. Of the remainder, many worship Kabr in the aspect of the Killer. These villages form rogues councils and make war on each other for human trophies. Bands of derhii roam the foothills of the Harm Mountains, and have little sympathy with evil humans. Some good villages are fortunate enough to be protected by a garuda.

Spoiler: The Veldt of Kors
    Show
    The Veldt
    The Great Grasslands begin some ten miles north of the River Alacasta and this strip of Kors is known as the Veldt. The Orcs do not tolerate settlement south of the Alacasta and still conduct small raids north of the river. This region of Kors is given to cattle breeding and horse raising, with fortified villages behind wooden stockades. A central adobe fort, Fort Pujal, is a base for lancers who patrol the villages in squadrons. There are even two companies of heavy infantry at Fort Pujal. Villagers worship Kabr in the aspect of Darkness and Loss and Night. Taxes collected in the Veldt stay here to pay for protection, which is appreciated.
    The traditional Kors skirmisher wears bronze chainmail, a bronze buckler, a bronze dagger, and bears a shortbow with 20 bronze-tipped arrows.

The kingdom of Ajad is in three parts:

Spoiler: Coastal Ajad
    Show
    The Coast
    Coastal Ajad is the most populated, with the cities of Dreu and Pars in between Ninsar and Sosar on the Demmej. Elsewhere the coast is given to fishing, orchards and vineyards. The Dukes of Dreu, Pars and Sosar all lay claim to the throne but after a hundred years seem prepared to go on ruling by council indefinitely. There are intrigues between these dukes but despite accusations none are ready to hire assassins from Kors to strike down the competition. Bled is favored in coastal Ajad in the aspects of Healing and Nobility. There are temples to Mom in Dreu, Pars and Sosar.

Spoiler: Central Ajad
    Show
    The Plains
    The plains of Ajad are famous for their horses. Thoroughbreds from Ajad bring double the price of a regular horse. Here in the plains, the fierce spirit of Old Ajad remains, and Bled is revered in his aspects of Glory and War. Cavaliers who cannot bear the recent peace in Ajad often volunteer to serve in the Veldt of Kors. The royal city of Kirkal remains whitewashed and gilded under the administration of its mayor, but there is no King in Kirkal. There is a great temple to Mom in Kirkal.

Lancers in Ajad and elsewhere favor bronze scale armor, a hinged bronze helm, a bronze buckler, bronze longsword, and a bronze-tipped lance.

Spoiler: Southern Ajad
    Show
    The Mountains
    The mountain city of Pojo stands among the temperate forests and mountains of Ajad as they build into the Harm Mountains. Here great logs are floated down the swift Demmej to Sosar. Furs and bourbon are the main exports from mountainous Ajad. The Duke of Pojo has no claim to the throne but takes on his share of the duties of running Ajad with his brother Dukes. The Great Company of Ajad, also known as the Mudfeet, has its headquarters in Pojo. Fittingly, Bled is revered in his aspect of Travel. There is also a temple to Mom in Pojo. In a very generous gesture, the Duke does not tax the Company but instead demands a flat fee for an annual license that has not grown in a dozen years.

The Mudfeet had developed a sign language, called Mudfoot's sign, which has been useful to talk to merfolk, elves, dwarves, and even half-orcs along the Lake of Birds. Ambitious factors make a point to learn the language of dwarf and elf, though the tongue of merfolk still seems impossible.

Spoiler: Morpa
    Show
    The Kingdom of Morpa
    The kingdom of Morpa is rolling hills from the Harm Mountains to the sea and much of it is arable. Many villages dot the terraced hills which are full of farms and ranches. Hal is venerated here as the land is bountiful. Hal is ruled from Babsar on the Sellej. There is a temple to Mom at Babsar.

The king of Morpa is elected every year from the Council of Freedmen, who represent the freeholding farmers and ranchers of the kingdom. There are forty in the Council and the current king, Jon, has been elected ten times running.

The city of Eastport is a relic of an older age when the King of Morpa was adventurous and sought land in the Armattta on the west bank of the Sellej river. The settlement was besieged and the King renounced all claims on the hinterland of Armatta. There is no mention of tribute but every year the Count of Eastport buys a dozen roc's eggs from the Matriarch of Armatta for an exorbitant sum.

The traditional socman of Morpa wears bronze ringmail, a boiled leather cap, a bronze light shield, bronze-tipped javelins, and a bronze scimitar.

The Kingdom of Armatta
    There are twelve cantons in Armatta owning allegiance to the Matriarch of the city-state of Armatta.

Spoiler: Halfling Cantons
    Show
    Halfling Cantons
    Goldenmere and Orchards are halfling settlements opposite Eastport. They were threatened by Morpa in the old war but were defended by the Matriarch with impressive force. Many famous bards come from these cantons.

Spoiler: Telemina
    Show

Telemina
    Telemina is an elf settlement in the interior of the Armatta forest. It is home to a famous college of wizardry and alchemy. The elves do not want much contact with outsiders and their college is by invitation only. Half-elves are not welcomed here and are sent to the adjacent canton of Wizards. Most other cantons do not approve of this attitude.

Spoiler: Willows
    Show
    Willows
    A half-elven settlement adjacent to Telemina, Willows is home to many rangers and hunters. The half-elves take pride in their separation from the elves and do not really wish to mix with them.

Spoiler: Darkhallow
    Show

Darkhallow
    Darkhallow is a dwarf settlement abutting the Harm Mountains whose king pledges fealty to the Matriarch. The dwarves swear they do not possess the secret of iron manufacture, but are not believed. Darkhallow is a famous source for bronze weaponry and tools on all Bardu. Darkhallows is growing crowded and there is talk between the two noble houses, Hadd and Thrond, of establishing a new kingdom under the Canyons, but the kingdom cannot agree who should rule such a new settlement.

Spoiler: Lorge
    Show
    Lorge
    Lorge is the largest human settlement entirely within the Armatta forest. It surrounds the city-state of Armatta. Lorge has a dragonkin community that supports the Matriarchy.

Spoiler: Northern Shore
    Show
    Northern Shore
    Nons is the canton opposite the Morpa city of Babsar on the Sellej. With decades of peace, some of the population of Babsar is starting to settle on the east bank of the Sellej in a town called East Babsar. The elector of Nons keeps a close eye on East Babsar and her troops are present to ensure it knows it is not part of the kingdom of Morpa. The rest of Nons is pastoral and forested. Its major settlement is the town Castroba some fifty miles from East Babsar.

Kepcha and Roro are cantons on the northern shore of Armatta. They fish and farm dark grain. The rye loaves of Roro and the firm salty cheeses of Kepcha are well prized throughout Bardu.

Spoiler: Ollshore
    Show
    Ollshore
    Ollshore is the eastern coast of Armatta and is the waypoint to the Merfolk kingdom of Oll. The merfolk do not permit sealing or fishing off Ollshore and the Matriarch has agreed. The Mudfeet have several important trading posts along Ollshore at the Company-founded towns of Freeport, Freehaven and Freeharbor. These towns provide important employment with the merfolk trade.

Spoiler: Southern Cantons
    Show
    Southern Cantons
    Canyons and Aalso abut the Harm Mountains. Canyons is the historic route of the drow into the Armatta and is kept nearly empty. The only major settlement is Whitewater, a fortified town used as a base for exploration into the wilderness to the south. Aalso canton is renowned for its pottery and ceramics of many hues and sturdy construction.

Spoiler: Holy City State of Armatta
    Show

The Holy City State of Armatta
    Armatta was originally a refuge for escaped slaves from the drow. The original citadel is now the Temple Complex, with a new citadel spreading out nearly a mile to the Inner Wall.

The Temple is in two parts, the Outer Temple dedicated to Mom, and the Inner Fane dedicated to Dad being a subterranean structure. Very few are admitted to the Inner Fane and fewer know all its galleries.
    On the great plaza before the Temple is the Dragontower, which houses 72 dragonkin partners for the 72 Champions of Dad, a great Barracks, the Congress of Electors, and the Palace of the Matriarch. This Citadel represents the elite of the kingdom of Armatta and admission is restricted. Between the Inner Wall of the Citadel and the Outer Wall of the town is Armatta's commercial and residential districts, with a great bazaar run by the Mudfeet. Beyond the Outer Wall is a mile of fragrant fruit trees known as the Hedge, so that Armatta is often bathed in the smell of flowers. Atop the canyon housing the Temple is a great Castle of Wings, where winged beasts and rocs are reared as mounts for the warriors of Armatta. The fabled grey spiders of Armatta are reared in pits under the plaza.

Crime and demon worship in Armatta are strictly punished throughout the twelve cantons. Armatta believes that the worship of demons is the first step in the inevitable drow attack upon the cantons and it is zealously crushed by all the representatives of Mom and Dad in the realm. Worship of the Suitors is tolerated but not encouraged. Armatta is dedicated to Mom and Dad as special protectors of the realm.

Armatta has four legions of heavy infantry, housed in the Citadel, with outstations of light infantry and skirmishers, with patrols of lancers along major roads. It also has specialized troops such as combat engineers, spider riders, and winged riders on griffons and eagles. It was mainly the presence of these rare and exotic forces that led the boyars of Eastport to hang the first Count and surrender to the Matriarch in the old war.

The Congress of Electors represents the cantons to the Matriarch, who is chosen by the Temple. The Matriarch has always been a great cleric of Mom, though there are no formal requirements for advancement beyond tradition. In practice the Matriarch lets the Electors make legislation for the cantons, interposing a veto or approval, and reserving for herself the conduct of foreign affairs, as befits a monarch.

The infamous legionnaires of Armatta bear bronze agile half-plate and helm, bronze pilums, a heavy bronze shield, a gladius, over a shirt of spider silk.

Spoiler: Kingdom of Oll
    Show
    Kingdom of Oll
    The Harm Mountains continue out under the sea east of Bardu proper extending another 150 miles as the Bardeni Plateau, a land of shoals and cays where much of the seabed is within sunlight. This rich biozone forms the basis for the Kingdom of Oll, a nation of merfolk.

The merfolk of Oll do not say much of themselves or where they came from. They do not admit humans into their undersea cities. They began talking to humans instead of slaughtering them some 80 years ago when the Mudfeet finally made peaceable contact with them. Prior to that, merfolk attacked fishing vessels using the insidious war bolas: lines thrown over the prow of a ship, then weighted, until the added weight of several lines dragged the vessel under.

It has been all the Merfolk would say that their kingdom is called Oll. They trade with the Mudfeet only, at the full moon, at specified cays in the middle of the plateau. The merfolk still patrol to see that no fishing or hunting of seals occurs by drylanders. They themselves reap the bounty of the sea in all forms, growing coral and a sea fungus that feeds streams of plankton that draw many forms of fish to the plateau, as well as cultivating kelp forests in deeper shoal water.

Extraordinarily, the merfolk have taken to the worship of Paasa the Erratic, who on dry land represents the power of the monsoon. It is feared that Paasa is helping the merfolk repel demon worshippers from the deeps, though the merfolk do not say anything.

One of the Mudfeet, Padmi Allore, has taken to deep dive training off the North Shore, to prepare himself to dive in the Kingdom of Oll. He has not been attacked, with the merfolk coming to stare amused at his ability to remain on the sunlit coral beds for up to a minute. However they have not responded to his attempts to converse with them with Mudfoot's sign language. Merfolk talk to humans, such as it is, on rocks and cays. They prefer cays absent of valuable and touchy seals and sea lions.

The Mudfoot Manual of Commerce says that bronze, tin, gold, silver, brass, and copper are highly prized by the merfolk, but not as ingots or coin. The metals must be formed into tools or jewelry or weapons. They prize glass, especially obsidian, wicker, dense wood which sinks, and pottery, with leather not being wildly appreciated as they have the hides of seals themselves. They offer sharks, tuna, mullet, swordfish, sardines, crabs, lobster, clams, oysters, rays, eels, seal, pearls, coral, ropes, nets, anchors, octopus ink, and sometimes treasures of humans that sunk to the sea floor. The practice of the merfolk is to discuss a quantity of prey to be traded, and then catch it fresh.

Five years ago, the Matriarch had a eight-foot statue of Paasa made in silver and gave it to the merfolk of Oll through the Mudfeet. The Merfolk excitedly returned from their unnamed capital city with nets full of a hardened wax that makes an excellent base for perfumes and incense. Where this royal gift originates is not clear, as the merfolk refuse to identify traces of the substance or even discuss further production.

Intruders to Oll waters – if they are not simply sunk – may see a Merfolk warden order them off. The wardens bear eel hide armor and helms of conch, spears of whalebone, shell terbutjes, and bone atlatls.

5. - Top - End - #5

Spoiler: Neen
    Show
    NEEN

Neen are small crablike creatures. They were first created by Norn the Burnt Wizard to assist him in dungeoncrawling. Many Neen are trained as rogues.

Half Construct
    : The first Neen was made with the remains of a crab dinner and a large slug. 7 RP

Small Neen are about 3 feet high and weigh 8 lbs 0 RP

Slow Quadrupeds: Neen gad about on 4 legs at a base speed of 30 ft. -1 RP / 2 RP

Great Weakness: Neen have a -4 penalty to Strength, a -2 penalty to Constitution, and a +2 bonus to Dexterity -3 RP

Master Tinker Neen gain a +1 bonus on Disable Device and Knowledge (engineering) checks. Neen are also treated as proficient with any weapon they have personally crafted. 2 RP

Scavenger Neen gain a +2 racial bonus on Appraise and Perception checks to find hidden objects (including traps and secret doors), determine whether food is spoiled, or identify poison by taste. 1 RP

Focused Study At 1st, 8th, and 16th level, Neen gain Skill Focus in a skill of their choice as a bonus feat. 4 RP

Skilled Neen gain an additional skill rank at 1st Level and gain one additional skill rank at each level 4 RP

All Around Vision Neen have eyestalks granting them a +4 racial bonus on Perception and making them immune to flanking. 4 RP

Spoiler: Morca
    Show
    MORCA

This killer of the Arjan deep ocean has the tail of a whale, the head of a small shark, and the torso and arms of a man.

Aberration:
    Morcas gain no proficiency with armor or shields. 3 RP

Medium Morcas are 8 feet long and weigh 500 lbs. 0 RP

Flexible: Morcas gain +2 racial bonus to any two ability scores.

Aquatic:
    Morcas have the aquatic subtype. 0 RP

Darkvision: Morcas can see in the dark up to 60 ft. 0 RP

Mixed Weakness: Morcas have +2 STR, -2 DEX, +2 INT and -4 CHA. -2 RP

Elemental Immunity (Cold):
    Morcas are immune to cold. 4 RP

Swim:
    Morcas have a swim speed and +8 racial bonus to Swim checks. 2 RP

Powerful Swimmer:
    Morcas have a swim speed of 40 ft. 1 RP

Slapping Tail: Morcas can do 1d10 + STR modifier damage with their tail. 3 RP

Constant Spell Like Divination Morcas can cast detect magic as a spell like ability.

Hatred Morcas gain a +1 racial bonus to attacks against Outsiders of the native and demon subtypes.

Weapon Familiarity Morcas gain a +1 racial bonus to attacks made with the spear and trident.
    Last edited by TheYell; 2016-08-11 at 07:49 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Okay-I'm Game

But I'm going to ask for a world map of at least the main planet and when someone claims a region - it is shaded in to avoid conflict. Also a degree of shared policies on books/setup plans

Also to be worked out-basic relationship with the planes and gods? Golarion norm?

As for my own claim.....I'm thinking of a polar Island Chain/Land mass complex. Say between 61(anchorage, Alaska) and 65 degrees (basically 100 miles north of Trondheim Norway) to 90 either north polar or south polar. Thoughts?

7. - Top - End - #7

Welcome! yes about all i could do with a map to start is shade in. I'll get on it.

The arctic is yours!

Perhaps i came on too strong about Me Boss. This is a collaboration and when we get to publish you'll approve in advance or we dont publish.

As i see it the planes are universal so you can have the gods of golarion or not, as you like. I have new ones for my island. in fact if you want no gods exerting control over the arctic of Arjan, thats your call. Same goes for magic and psionics, if they dont work there just say so and explain or leave it mysterious.

i made a zodiac for my islanders but Im southern hemisphere so your folks cant see mine.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Do you mind if I grab: seventh orbit moon one (hereby Klefa)? Or would you prefer I focus on a smaller region of the moon?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

9. - Top - End - #9

Given the light posting moons and dwarf planets are one unit. Klefa is yours! I'll update my post tomorrow to list it.

Want to name the 7th planet for me?
    Last edited by TheYell; 2016-08-12 at 02:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I can't think of anything good for the planet right now :C

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

I am gonna claim area of 36 to -42 north and 26 to -45( aka were the turkey in on earth

12. - Top - End - #12

@ khadagar567 welcome! its yours!

i will work on a map this weekend.

@tvtyrant thanks for taking it seriously. we'll hold that for you

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheYell View Post
    @ khadagar567 welcome! its yours!

i will work on a map this weekend.

@tvtyrant thanks for taking it seriously. we'll hold that for you
    thanks everyone feel free to populate cradle of nations
    ( small question is vestiges are worshipable)

14. - Top - End - #14

yes to vestiges if they arent somebody elses protected material.

as compiler I welcome specific and explicit homebrew tweaks so long as we accept that they dont affect others realms without specific and explicit agreement.

15. - Top - End - #15

For myself i invite you guys to explore Bardu and use it for your stories. Others may want to be exclusive or more private. Both attitudes must be respected.

If i understand vestiges their powers would still work in Bardu. But Kabr, the lawful evil god of REPOSE, will not be pleased.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheYell View Post
    yes to vestiges if they arent somebody elses protected material.

as compiler I welcome specific and explicit homebrew tweaks so long as we accept that they dont affect others realms without specific and explicit agreement.
    gonna try build something and thanks

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hmm-also what is the planet's rotation inclination-run off 23 degrees like earth's?
    Being in. The Arctic degree of seasonality is gkinda a huge deal.

Also what is Pujal's orbital plane in relation to planet's? While it may seem to be a bit obtuse it would be important. The closer the two are the more eclipses and the like but also the more the sun and moon mirror each other in the amount of time and placement in the sky. Kinda important to know how much moonlight I'm dealing with when the sun disappears for several months at the top of the world. Would press for a higher angle rather than a lower one myself. . . Hmm gives me ideas will PM
    Last edited by sktarq; 2016-08-12 at 01:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sktarq View Post
    Hmm-also what is the planet's rotation inclination-run off 23 degrees like earth's?

Also what is Pujal's orbital plane in relation to planet's? While it may seem to be a bit obtuse it would be important. The closer the two are the more eclipses and the like but also the more the sun and moon mirror each other in the amount of time and placement in the sky. Kinda important to know how much moonlight I'm dealing with when the sun disappears for several months at the top of the world.
    yeah knowledge about lunar schedule might help people want to put were-neighbors on their areas

19. - Top - End - #19

Also what is Pujal's orbital plane in relation to planet's? While it may seem to be a bit obtuse it would be important. The closer the two are the more eclipses and the like but also the more the sun and moon mirror each other in the amount of time and placement in the sky. Kinda important to know how much moonlight I'm dealing with when the sun disappears for several months at the top of the world.
    This is true. I had not thought about it.

Arjan the planet has a year of 360 days even. The moon Pujal orbits every 28.8 days which gives 25 lunar months every 720 days. Beyond that I hadn't figured.

If you guys have the math sense to come up with solid answers, we'll go for it. I defer to your calculations on polar declinations which I know are really a thing. You're the one living up there (I chose my own latitude for comfort)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Okay for planet seven I have some ideas, please tell me which one is least objectionable.

Temure, Creorro, Geasia, Jisan. I like Jisan but I am not sure it sounds planety enough..

Early fluff for Klefa.

Spoiler
    Show
    Klefa is a picturesque moon of the Seventh Orbit. From surrounding planetoids Klefa looks to be a sterile white rock with five green spots, like mold growing on cheese. Outside of these areas there is too little water to support life, but there is bubbles steam hot out of cracks in the moon. The farms and towns of Klefa are built around these geysers, which are dangerous unstable and can disappear for centuries leading to mass movements being common.
    Klefa has a fairly typical fantasy population, consisting of Elves, Dwarves, Humans and Flumphs. The Flumphs are the native population of Klefa, but being easy going have accepted the migration of other races to their moon. Flumphs are better adapted to the dry and moving environment of Klefa, and in the modern world they have become powerful water prospectors. Clouds of Flumphs drift over the moon looking for new geysers to claim and then sell to more stationary populations before moving on. Other Flumphs have marged into the farming economy of Klefa, especially as they have perfected siviculture. What other race can simply pick all of the acorns from an Oak, or cherries from a cherry tree?
    Klefa has the following racial demographics:
    20% Incorporated Flumphs (“Free” Flumphs are unknown, but have a large population).
    30% Human
    20% Elven
    20% dwarves
    10% Exotic

The largest of the wet zones is Varnice, a realm roughly two hundred miles in radius. Varnice consists of a single large, decentralized empire whose political power lies in the hands of Fourteen electors. These electors are often local rulers, but can include the heads of permanent none-political functions like dioceses and guilds.
    Varnice has a single unsolvable problem in the Endless Crusade. A tear in Klefa was being explored over a century ago, and during the exploration they discovered a giant catch of eggs. Within a year Varnice was being overrun by a strange variety of monsters pouring up out of the Great Crack, and a crusade was launched to retake the city of Tulk and plug the monsters. Tulk was a partially subterranean dwarven city located near the Great Crack, and was retaken despite great losses. Underground tunnels from the Great Crack to Tulk were discovered, showing that the crack could not be simply covered over. Instead the surface opening was closed by the building of a massive and guarded wall, while scalp bounties were set on the monsters and Tulk transformed into a privatized, armed camp for hunting in the Great Crack. Tulk is now known as Advent, and draws the reckless, greedy and desperate to its dark halls.

Advent

In response the surrounding kingdoms built up funds to place a bounty on the creatures that have displaced the dwarves, 10 gold per scalp for the smaller critters, 100 for the mediums and 1,000 for the big ones. As a result thousands of people threw themselves into hunting in the mountain. The most successful of these retook the dwarven capital and made it a camp from which to further intrude on the mines and tunnels, the new shanty-city of Advent.

Advent is divided into free adventurers and companies. The companies split the profits and costs of scalping, paying each member a monthly cash payment along with keeping up their quarters and equipment. The heads of the Great Companies are the most powerful people in Advent, former divers who now wield paramilitaries of sizable number and tremendous experience. Advent is largely divided into political districts by these Great Companies, who have carved niches out of the city.

Companies

The Volute Company is the largest of the Great Companies. Consisting of some seven hundred primary members and thousands of secondary members, the Volute's dominate the third ward. The third ward is attached to the only secondary entrance to the surface, giving the Volute's a dominant position in trade since the main door is maintained by the All Kings Alliance and forbid the importation of certain goods through it.
    The Volute's import drugs, alcohol, and prostitutes through their side entrance to entice pelts, scalps and money out of the general population of Advent. They still run raids of their own into the middle tunnels but these are becoming rarer and rarer.

The Hyrarch Company is the most famous and respected of the Great Companies. Run by the beloved Lord Arrawak, the Hyrarch Company only draws recruits from veteran adventurers and hunts only the deepest and most dangerous tunnels.
    Lord Arrawak was an officer in the Endless Crusade before it was transformed into a commercial venture, and believes that Advent will one day return to being Tulk if given the chance. He directs the Hyrarch's to find the source of the seemingly endless monsters and destroy it.

The Great Crack

The Great Crack is the name given to the maze of caverns beneath Advent. These punch deep into Klefa, and some claim that they go all the way to its hot, watery heart. Whatever the truth of this it is known that they go at least five miles down and are filled with writhing hordes of aberrations. Especially common are jellies, gibbering mouthers, beholders, and the various strange fusions of their bodies. However the commonality of these monsters does not preclude moon beasts, aboleths or many other kinds of aberrations from appearing. The deepest dives have run into gibbering orbs, leading some to believe that at the bottom of the Crack will be found some Ur-Beast, from which all other aberrations derive.

Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2016-08-12 at 03:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

I also totally forgot about subterranean realms!

We can simplify by saying you guys own your coordinates from the sky to the planet core. Consider subterranean realms to be like "mineral rights" -- you got them to share or use or sit on as you please. We won't have signups for overlapping depth zones. I think that preserves your right to your own zones of arcane and divine magical powers.

Now my realm of Bardu definitely has some drow in the central mountains, but I'm not really big on going into their empire in depth. Anybody who wants to design a drow realm on my turf let me know and I'll share some backstory -- the Matriarchy of Armatta are descendants of escaped drow slaves. I also have some dwarf kingdoms in the same desolate mountain range so if subterranean stuff is your thing I'm glad to share with you.

22. - Top - End - #22

Jisan it shall be!

Excellent story for your moon. I hope we get others nearby going soon. Is Klefa populated with humans? What kind of monsters come up, is there a type or subtype?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I updated it with racial demographics. Flumphs are one of the character classes on Klefa and make up a large portion of the population, since they seem like the perfect moon race. At the heart of Klefa may be the Mother of All Aberrations, although this is pure speculation on my part.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2016-08-12 at 03:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Ok here is the world map as of today

http://s133.photobucket.com/user/The...16zqt.png.html

Green North is sktarq

Red rectangle is Lunaria

Blue rectangle is Bardu

As of 8/19 60S to 90S belongs to DMwithoutPCs
    Last edited by TheYell; 2016-08-19 at 09:08 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

So when I was thinking about light levels in the artic winter I got onto the moon's angle of orbit (and thus how often it would be higher in the sky than the over the horizon sun). Thinking about how it would get a significantly different angle a bit of origin story came to me. Wanted to run it by you since you've claimed the depths of the place.

Great scholars of the system have long compared the eldest tales of the early trials of worlds of the system to try to stitch together. What may have happened in those long ago times before the count of days began. While few stories and myths agree on much a certain family of stories share many components - so much so that their origin is thought to be linked. Perhaps in true memory of the divinities who witnessed it or an even older tale of a race so old that no memory survives. Below is a summery of what. Has been gleaned. By overlapping the two score fragmentary legends scattered in ancient ruin throughout the system. Commentary on the various specific legends is separated by {parentheses}.

It was the dawn of system. Gods held sway over a system still taking shape. The fires of the star Apuchi still changed and shifted and failed proto-planets still spun in the void-they {and possibly the god or daemon corpses they carried} not yet eaten by the sun and were still a risk to the early life fostered by gods and goddesses that have long been forgot. Into this new system a traveling object from beyond the reach of the wind of the sun appeared. Most legends agree it was taken as a sign from the wider universe - an acknowledgement of presence and worth-at least in part a sign of welcome. {many stories claim if came from a dying star at the birth of the sun-it's strange metal far heavier than lead - weighed down with wisdom or memories but coated in ice from its long journey yet warm from within (uses terms like cold heat, and sunless basking are used)} It skimmed along the edge of the great cloud of whorling detritus at the edge of space. {here the stories diverge into great tests and battles between factions - some say the test was failed or via hubris the gods destroyed/ruined it and only it's husk continued on but in others the test or battle was won and the prize was accepted} in any case it spiraled into the system toward the sun {in some stories causing more divine disputes or at least worry and strange prophecy}. As it came from the great cloud at the periphery it brought many fragments of ice, iron, and featherlight metals that had either collected on its surface or followed it in a great trail. However it never reached the sun-instead it flew near to closest planet of the system and joined it a great dance to become it's moon. But having not formed with the planets its orbit was not quite in the same plane as the planet. Most of massive chunks of ice that trailed it slammed into the planet itself causing the early shallow seas of Arjan to, in time, greatly expand over most of the planet. The ice collected in its travels between the stars melted from the now far closer sun and the stranger heat from the star's welcome itself at its heart. Since then this object has stood for many things in the legends of the system's races but in many of the most ancient its exotic origins are shared, their truth unknown.

Sent this to Yell as Pujal Ocean 's are under his purview - was approved.

Now the Moon's orbit has inclination of 5.14 degrees from the earth's orbital plane...so for a larger one lets say 12 degrees-that should give a good separation in the sky and while it would cause greater variation in tidal heights it wouldn't be hugely problematic.
    Last edited by sktarq; 2016-08-12 at 08:16 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

That sounds reasonable. I think an icy moon should have an albedo at least twice that of Luna- so .25 or thereabouts.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

any important resources in setting cuz my area needs to have something very important in the setting( turkey has major amount of bor and little bit petrol in its borders) so whats the tech level of the world
    @Tvtyrant Can I get elusive trade contract between klefka and my country?
    Last edited by khadgar567; 2016-08-14 at 08:52 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

I think on the whole we're early modern late medieval, pending consensus. My own realm is decidedly backwards, in the Bronze Age with iron and steel being dwarf and drow secrets. I don't expect anybody to follow that, I just like the challenge of fighting demons with bronze weapons.

If you're trading with outer space you need to explain why we aren't all at a 21st century tech level.

If your national elite want exclusive trade deals, that could be a complete explanation: It's all national top secret. Your national elite can have palaces full of air conditioning and gas generated electricity and running water and cell phones, but anybody steals that or drawings of how-to, and they get the chop as a traitor. From the spacers perspective, they don't want to give you very advanced arms or technology, because if you start living at a very advanced level or carving out empire, you're going to compete for the natural resources you presently are shipping them because you have no use for them.

One thing I do insist on as editor: what's the name of your realm? :)

29. - Top - End - #29

BTW it's PF custom to give planets nicknames. I propose Arjan be the Wild Orchard, because of our varied fruits, and I invite TvTyrant to pick a nickname for Jisan. Denne can be The Cursed.

PPS I have said that Denne is reserved for grimydark horror. What do I mean by that? I think a good example of what I mean is the Alien vs Predator universe, where humans are cattle to be used to breed lethal parasites for hunting. We can use evil like the drow or undead on Arjan, but if you're building a story where evil is ascendant and triumphant, I think the other planet is a better setting. And that leaves out the Call of Cthulhu-like stuffs where you lose sanity just by making a Perception check.
    Last edited by TheYell; 2016-08-14 at 04:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    any important resources in setting cuz my area needs to have something very important in the setting( turkey has major amount of bor and little bit petrol in its borders) so whats the tech level of the world
    @Tvtyrant Can I get elusive trade contract between klefka and my country?
    Yes, my group is dark age tech though so their trade is going to be in pelts and aberration parts (pete's dragon style). They need to import food because their water supply is in constant flux and crops fail frequently.

The population of Klefa got there via magic (planeshifting or teleport, not sure yet) so they could possibly have a teleport circle to Arjan.