New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Simple RAW Thread for 3.5 #32: More Seasons than the Simpsons

Q206
    Do the disarm bonuses from multiple lockable gauntlets (PHB) stack?
    I probably ruined another cup of tea while writing this post. Oh, the smell of half an hour brewed, somewhat cold tea!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dascarletm View Post
    Q205 Can an armblade attached to a warforged be used two-handed, or is it only usable one-handed?
    Except as noted, warforged components function just as the normal version of the item. There is no text that precludes using the armblade two-handed AFAICT. Note, though, that in order to do so, you must use two hands, which may be difficult if you have sacrificed the use of one of your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitoreous View Post
    Q206
    Do the disarm bonuses from multiple lockable gauntlets (PHB) stack?
    Multiple bonuses from the same source do not stack.
    Last edited by Troacctid; 2016-10-20 at 03:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Q207

If you have an Unhallowed area, can you cast Hallow twice to make it Hallowed, or will the second casting not do anything since it's multiple effects from the same source in the same area, and you just end up with an area that's neither hallowed nor unhallowed?

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

The main character (solo campaign) heard about the upcoming execution of his brother for murder, and was on his way to the Count's Keep to stop or delay it.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

A 207 No.

Hallow and unhallow don't interact in the way you seem to think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by SRD - Hallow
    Hallow counters but does not dispel unhallow.
    Most of the effects from hallow and unhallow can apply to an area at the same time, although the bonuses and penalties to turning and rebuking undead will effectively cancel each other out. The area will be protected by both magic circle against evil and magic circle against good, and could be subject to two different spell effects as provided by the hallow and unhallow spells.

Note: You may be thinking of the lower level consecrate and desecrate spells, which do dispel each other. You can, for example, cast consecrate twice in one spot; once to remove a desecrate effect, and again to actually apply the spell.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Halfling in the Playground

Q208 :
    Is a Warlock's Eldritch Blast advanced by class level, caster level, or character level ?

Spoiler: Who am I ?
    Show
    Alignment:
    LG - 10%
    NG- 8%
    CG - 5%
    LN- 12%
    N - 12%
    CN - 7%
    LE - 18%
    NE - 16%
    CE - 12%

Race:
    Human - 23%
    Dwarf - 14%
    Elf - 11%
    Gnome - 18%
    Halfling - 11%
    Half-Elf - 12%
    Half-Orc - 11%

Class:
    Barbarian - 5%
    Bard - 7%
    Cleric - 16%
    Druid - 4%
    Fighter - 9%
    Monk - 7%
    Paladin - 9%
    Ranger - 9%
    Rogue - 12%
    Sorcerer - 7%
    Wizard - 15%

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

A 208

Class Level (most likely)

Quote Originally Posted by CArc p. 7
    An eldritch blast deals 1d6 points of damage at 1st level and increases in power as the warlock rises in level
    Quote Originally Posted by PHB p. 306
    class level: A character’s level in a single class. Class features generally depend on class level rather than character level.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Q209: What book and page number is the Ring of Reduction located in/on? (It's a ring item that lets the person wearing it shrink up to 2 Size Catagory's.).
    "I Burn!"

8. - Top - End - #368
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Q209: What book and page number is the Ring of Reduction located in/on? (It's a ring item that lets the person wearing it shrink up to 2 Size Catagory's.).
    A209 Lord of Madness (p130)
    Last edited by NNVsOmen; 2016-10-24 at 01:18 AM.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Q210

So Corellon's blessing from the Champion of Corellon prestige class is said to be similar to lay on hands but for some reason isn't the same (different name and specifically mentioned to be much like lay on hands). This seems ok but I'm curious about this line "you add your levels of champion of Corellon and paladin together and determine your ability to heal accordingly". If you were a level 3 champion and a 10th level paladin, which of these is correct
    A: You would have a pool as if you were a 13th level champion
    B: You would have a 13*charisma blessing pool and a 10 *charisma lay on hand pool
    C:You get a 13*charisma blessing pool and a 13*charisma lay on hand pool.

Q211 Second question, I'm also curious that it only specifically mentions healing, how does that work with the damage it would do to undead?
    Last edited by Hamste; 2016-10-24 at 07:23 PM.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Q212

Could someone tell me the source material for Mechanus Gear Armor? I can't seem to find it.
    Current PbP's:

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    Q210

So Corellon's blessing from the Champion of Corellon prestige class is said to be similar to lay on hands but for some reason isn't the same (different name and specifically mentioned to be much like lay on hands). This seems ok but I'm curious about this line "you add your levels of champion of Corellon and paladin together and determine your ability to heal accordingly". If you were a level 3 champion and a 10th level paladin, which of these is correct
    A: You would have a pool as if you were a 13th level champion
    B: You would have a 13*charisma blessing pool and a 3 *charisma lay on hand pool
    C:You get a 13*charisma blessing pool and a 13*charisma lay on hand pool.
    A 210
    It would appear to be option B (your Paladin levels are included with your Champion of Corellon Larethian levels to determine the value of Corellon's Blessing, while leaving your existing Lay on Hands ability unaffected), assuming you meant to write it as "10 * Charisma bonus Lay on Hands pool" since your example character was a Paladin 10/Champion of Corellon 3. I have a feeling that they meant it to be option A, however. The only real reason it isn't A is that the abilities have different names.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    Q211 Second question, I'm also curious that it only specifically mentions healing, how does that work with the damage it would do to undead?
    A 211
    The whole second paragraph is about how you can use it to damage undead just like with regular healing magic.

Quote Originally Posted by glitterbaby View Post
    Q212

Could someone tell me the source material for Mechanus Gear Armor? I can't seem to find it.
    A 212
    Planar Handbook.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q 213

Does rod of undead mastery work with undead mastery armor?

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Q214what happens when you put a Bag of holding inside of another Bag of holding?

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

A 214 : From my experience, GM's commonly agree to say that this tears the fabric of reality apart and causes the two items to disappear the same way i would occur if you place a bag of holding into a portable hole, but with some damages (and a risk to see other things eaten by the "black hole"). They usually do this to punish the player to try a very risky trick with very risky magic.

However, the DMG rules over this question.
    Source :
    DMG : 154 (D&d 5e)
    Placing a bag of holding into an extradimensional space created by a Heward's handy haversack, portable hole, or similar item instantly destroys both items and opens a gate to the Astral plane.

A bag of holding creates an extradimensional space, so, the rule applies to it.

Q 215 : Is there a spell that my allow me to see the past of AN ITEM ? I know I can see the past of a person (if she is alive in front of me), but is there any spell allowing me to see the past of an item ? I'm trying to see the experiment a wizard did before being destroyed. I have gathered all his gear. I'm playing a R16 deity. I may be able to make a spell on my own as a deity, but maybe it already does exist... ?
    Last edited by Puke; 2016-10-25 at 09:45 AM.
    Old setting I used to play : Endless Campaign, Gods and mortals

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

A 214 Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Dmdork View Post
    Q214what happens when you put a Bag of holding inside of another Bag of holding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Puke View Post
    A 214 : From my experience, GM's commonly agree to say that this tears the fabric of reality apart and causes the two items to disappear the same way i would occur if you place a bag of holding into a portable hole, but with some damages (and a risk to see other things eaten by the "black hole"). They usually do this to punish the player to try a very risky trick with very risky magic.

However, the DMG rules over this question.
    Source :
    DMG : 154 (D&d 5e)
    Placing a bag of holding into an extradimensional space created by a Heward's handy haversack, portable hole, or similar item instantly destroys both items and opens a gate to the Astral plane.

A bag of holding creates an extradimensional space, so, the rule applies to it.
    This is a 3.5e RAW thread. 5e rules are irrelevant (as are "common agreements" among DMs). 3.5e RAW has no mention of this (that I am aware of), so one has to assume it works like everything else that isn't a portable hole.
    Last edited by Debatra; 2016-10-25 at 10:01 AM.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Puke View Post
    Q 215 : Is there a spell that my allow me to see the past of AN ITEM ? I know I can see the past of a person (if she is alive in front of me), but is there any spell allowing me to see the past of an item ? I'm trying to see the experiment a wizard did before being destroyed. I have gathered all his gear. I'm playing a R16 deity. I may be able to make a spell on my own as a deity, but maybe it already does exist... ?
    Object reading

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    That doesn't seem to be what they are asking. They know who owned it already, they want to see how it was used.

Somewhat A215
    Still not exactly the answer you are looking for but it might help you find the ritual if you know the location. Hindsight (complete adventurer) could look into the past and find out what he did as long as it wasn't too long ago (weeks get you highlights, days gets you the exact ritual. Using teleport through time you can allow for longer use but that involves direct time travel)
    Last edited by Hamste; 2016-10-25 at 04:01 PM.

Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

A 215 Legend Lore may help. It does not do exactly what you want, but there is a chance it could reveal what happened to the wizard before or up to their destruction, including the nature of their experiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

19. - Top - End - #379

Q 213

Does rod of undead mastery work with undead mastery armor?
    you guys skipped this.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D&DPrinceTandem View Post
    you guys skipped this.
    These aren't answered in any specific order. You'll get an answer when someone who knows shows up.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

21. - Top - End - #381

Lizardfolk

Q216
    When using the Monstrous Vampire Template from Ghostwalk (pg166) on a Hydra, say, 5 headed, how much Con drain does it do on its attack?
    Is it still 1d4, or is it 5d4 because 5 bites?
    Or is 1d4, regardless of heads because the attack is limited to once/ round?
    Thank you, and fixed my number.
    Last edited by PraxisVetli; 2016-10-25 at 10:27 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

A 216

The Blood Drain ability is independent of how many bite attacks the base creatures has. It deals 1d4 CON per round.

23. - Top - End - #383

ElfRangerGuy

Q217:
    What was the name of that web class that could trade damage for attack bonuses?

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

A217
    Arcane duelist with dexterous attack

Show

25. - Top - End - #385

218: Given
    At 1st level, the character can enter a frenzy once per day. Thereafter, she gains one additional use per day of this ability for every two frenzied berserker levels she acquires (but she can’t use the ability more than once in any encounter). The character can enter a frenzy as a free action. Even though this takes no time, she can do it only during her turn, not in response to another’s action. In addition, if she takes damage from an attack, spell, trap, or any other source, she automatically enters a frenzy at the start of her next action, as long as she still has at least one daily usage of the ability left. To avoid entering a frenzy in response to a provoking effect, the character must make a successful Will save (DC 10 + points of damage taken since her last action) at the start of her next turn.
    Could a Frenzied Berserker just burn through all their uses of Frenzy first thing in the morning while there's nobody around (say, while trapped inside a portable hole, for example) and then be safe from Frenzy for the rest of the day, assuming they have a way to say, "Hey, it's another encounter!"?
    Last edited by HaikenEdge; 2016-10-27 at 05:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by (Un)Inspired View Post
    Contingency is like playing chess but you get to make several moves on your turn, several on you opponents turn and you're allowed to rearrange the board when he gets up to go to the bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Spite™! Obey your thirst...for VENGEANCE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    I'm not saying that nobody should play the marathon runner. I'm saying we should at least give him rollerblades.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Q 219: Is there a feat to apply either the fiendish, abyssal or Pseduonatural template to a creature that is summoned with summon natures ally? If so, what is it called and what book is it in?
    "I Burn!"

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    218: Given

Could a Frenzied Berserker just burn through all their uses of Frenzy first thing in the morning while there's nobody around (say, while trapped inside a portable hole, for example) and then be safe from Frenzy for the rest of the day, assuming they have a way to say, "Hey, it's another encounter!"?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Q 219: Is there a feat to apply either the fiendish, abyssal or Pseduonatural template to a creature that is summoned with summon natures ally? If so, what is it called and what book is it in?
    No.

28. - Top - End - #388

Q220: Can familiars without attacks deliver touch spells? If so, what would their to-hit bonus be (master's BAB unless better + size modifier)?
    Fantabulous Duskblade avatar by linklele, for which I am eternally grateful.
    Previous avatars composed by Nathan, Ivius and Threeshades, for what I am eternally grateful, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Cookie cutter racial cheese aside, we should probably keep an eye on the whole "Dwarf only" bit of the OP. But hey, that's just me. Everyone feel free to throw out more op tricks that are 100% topic irrelevant. :P

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DEMON View Post
    Q220: Can familiars without attacks deliver touch spells?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMON View Post
    If so, what would their to-hit bonus be (master's BAB unless better + size modifier)?
    That, plus the relevant ability score modifier (usually Strength) and any other modifiers (such as flanking or high ground).

30. - Top - End - #390

Q220B to double check the calculation...

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    That, plus the relevant ability score modifier (usually Strength) and any other modifiers (such as flanking or high ground).
    So a Bat (dimunitive, no attack, no Weapon Finesse, STR 1) would get Master's BAB +4 size -5 STR +circumstantial bonuses against the target's touch AC?
    Last edited by DEMON; 2016-10-29 at 03:14 PM.
    Fantabulous Duskblade avatar by linklele, for which I am eternally grateful.
    Previous avatars composed by Nathan, Ivius and Threeshades, for what I am eternally grateful, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Cookie cutter racial cheese aside, we should probably keep an eye on the whole "Dwarf only" bit of the OP. But hey, that's just me. Everyone feel free to throw out more op tricks that are 100% topic irrelevant. :P