New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Blue Blood in Zarush - IC

Orianna

She laughs, a warm throaty sound. "Yourr curriosity does yourr rreputation no justice. The prrince is verry busy prreparring forr this jourrney of grreat rresponsibility. As I underrstand, yourr job is to ensurre his safety, not to get to know him." She pauses, looking you over. "Perrhaps, if you desirre, you can make my acquaintance... laterr." She gives you a lazy wink, then lets the curtain fall back.

Orin

The soldiers have their own cards out, but they laugh and wave you over when they see you. "C'mon over, Orin! We're happy to take your money!"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    Orianna

She laughs, a warm throaty sound. "Yourr curriosity does yourr rreputation no justice. The prrince is verry busy prreparring forr this jourrney of grreat rresponsibility. As I underrstand, yourr job is to ensurre his safety, not to get to know him." She pauses, looking you over. "Perrhaps, if you desirre, you can make my acquaintance... laterr." She gives you a lazy wink, then lets the curtain fall back.
    Orianna blushes a little, then heads over to where Orin is, still red in the face. Ho, Orin. I see you're making friends.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Orianna blushes a little, then heads over to where Orin is, still red in the face. Ho, Orin. I see you're making friends.
    Orin turns, and makes a deep bow, already rather tipsy from drinking with his newfound "friends", "My dear lady, would it please you to join us for refreshments and entertainment? I'm turning out my pockets tonight, the Fortunes are not with me today!" He raises his hand of cards in a fist-shaking motion, intentionally-unintentionally letting the man next to him see one or two of his cards.

"Someone get this warrior a drink, eh mates?!" Mentally, a rather slurred version of his mental voice dribbles through Orianna's peripheral thought, So, how'sh the prince? Izzhe cute?
    Last edited by AirApparent; 2016-08-16 at 10:26 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by AirApparent View Post
    Orin turns, and makes a deep bow, already rather tipsy from drinking with his newfound "friends", "My dear lady, would it please you to join us for refreshments and entertainment? I'm turning out my pockets tonight, the Fortunes are not with me today!" He raises his hand of cards in a fist-shaking motion, intentionally-unintentionally letting the man next to him see one or two of his cards.

"Someone get this warrior a drink, eh mates?!" Mentally, a rather slurred version of his mental voice dribbles through Orianna's peripheral thought, So, how'sh the prince? Izzhe cute?
    Orianna smiles and takes a seat, but turns down any cards or drinks offered to her. Thanks, but it's best at least one of us stay vigilant, she says with a smile towards Orin. Besides, I rather like having something to fill my pockets with, and I'm sure you men would clean me right out!

I didn't see him, she says mentally, debating about mentioning her insights into captain Ansom's words, but deciding against it until Orin sobers up. His companion, though... Me-ow!

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #35

At the note of vigilance and of him getting cleaned out, he nods in a mock sageliness, "Ah true. I set up a perimeter, but its no substitute for real warriors eh?!!!" which is met with a rousing cheer from the guards and soldiers.

Orin's composure cracks for a second at Orianna's description of the Prince's "companion", and a mental, inarticulate, "Whoa...

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by AirApparent View Post
    At the note of vigilance and of him getting cleaned out, he nods in a mock sageliness, "Ah true. I set up a perimeter, but its no substitute for real warriors eh?!!!" which is met with a rousing cheer from the guards and soldiers.

Orin's composure cracks for a second at Orianna's description of the Prince's "companion", and a mental, inarticulate, "Whoa...
    Orianna joins in the cheer, clapping a few men on the back.

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #37

AssassinGuy

Tenel awakens from his dirt nap and sits upright wiping dirt from his cheek. He watches the exchange between Orianna and the girl with sleep heavy eyes before standing up and wiping the road dust from his clothes. He pulls out his pipe and eyes before deciding against it and making his way to the card playing guards just in time to hear Orin say

"Ah true. I set up a perimeter, but its no substitute for real warriors"
    " Yea, to bad we don't have any.." Tenel says taking a seat and pulling out a knife and a piece of wood which he starts carving ignoring the hostile glares of the guards whom he just insulted.
    " I see that royalty is to good to sit amongst us commoners, don't really blame him when he's got such lovely company though. " Tenel says as wood shavings fly from his knife
    " Still, I find myself curious about our royal leader. If he wasn't the prince I might have just knocked the door down and forced a conversation....I might still." He says with a chuckle.
    Last edited by Jacon; 2016-08-16 at 11:21 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the older guards snorts a hard laugh at that, though the look he directs at Tenel is unfriendly. A grizzled veteran, the drunk guard (whose insignia mark as a sergeant) levels a finger in the general direction of Tenel's left shoulder.

"Wouldn't that be a sight, though! It'd be a shame whennee'd make us whip us for it, too." Some of the other guards try to shush him, but he speaks over them. "No, they deserb the troof! This... this PRINCE isn't half the man his grandfather was, and his father... Yesh. Whip the hide!" He burps loudly and slumps over, obviously drunk beyond sense.

One of the younger guards, a man who Orin has made some 'investment' in, speaks in a quiet and steady voice. "Old Sarge doesn't mean anything by it. Please, he's just an old fool." He looks around for support from the fellow guards, and they nod and murmur agreement. "The Prince... His Highness spent a lot of time in the south. People say he came back with strange habits, in addition to his strange companions."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Khalid Al-Hakim

"You find the South strange, do you?" Khalid appeared at the fireside as if from thin air, his accent adding a bit of an ironic point to his question. He looked to the guards, brown eyes the only part of his face visible within his concealing robe and hat. He let his words hang in the air, maybe with a hint of malice, and then broke the silence again to even it out. "Trust me, they no doubt find your habits equally strange." He flicked his gaze toward the drunk, old sergeant and narrowed them, his disapproval plain despite the trouble one had reading his full expression.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

10. - Top - End - #40

AssassinGuy

" The old man is speaking sense. What good to us is a prince who's been seduced by the south? He needs to learn about his own people and stop sexing that concubine of his. Tenel says stopping his carving to examine the wood.
    "Am as loyal as the next, Long live the king and whatnot" he says throwing an arm up in the air. " but this prince won't even step out of his carriage, what kind of man is that to lead us?" He says with a snort.

When Khalid appears Tenel only rolls his eyes.
    " Yea we find the south strange. Your a prime example of it. Appearing like a ghost out of nowhere, keeping your face covered, calling me brother. No one wants to my brother believe me."

Tenel eyes the carriage before suddenly standing up.
    " You know what, I believe it's time for a security sweep. I'll be back." He says and makes for a beeline towards the carriage.
    Last edited by Jacon; 2016-08-17 at 08:27 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Khalid Al-Hakim

"He is a one bottle drunk and Tenel is no better. At least your sergeant will eventually sober and regret his poor choice of words." Khalid said conversationally to the guards. Tenel had the manners of a goat, and one day one of his casually flung insults would land in the ear of someone substantially less patient than Khalid. On that day, the thief would die a dog's death and no one will mourn him. Thus it was generally Khalid's practice to ignore him.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42

One of the older guards snorts a hard laugh at that, though the look he directs at Tenel is unfriendly. A grizzled veteran, the drunk guard (whose insignia mark as a sergeant) levels a finger in the general direction of Tenel's left shoulder.

"Wouldn't that be a sight, though! It'd be a shame whennee'd make us whip us for it, too." Some of the other guards try to shush him, but he speaks over them. "No, they deserb the troof! This... this PRINCE isn't half the man his grandfather was, and his father... Yesh. Whip the hide!" He burps loudly and slumps over, obviously drunk beyond sense.

One of the younger guards, a man who Orin has made some 'investment' in, speaks in a quiet and steady voice. "Old Sarge doesn't mean anything by it. Please, he's just an old fool." He looks around for support from the fellow guards, and they nod and murmur agreement. "The Prince... His Highness spent a lot of time in the south. People say he came back with strange habits, in addition to his strange companions."
    Orianna looks at the sergeant, saying I wouldn't advise speaking your mind so freely. Some nobles get offended more easily than others, and I haven't had the chance to take my measure of this prince yet.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

The young guard raises his hands defensively. "Not at all, and no offense is intended worthy Khalid. The Khalifates are great allies of ours. I speak only of our ruler's behavior..." He warily watches as Tenel strides away. "A subject of which I will discuss no more. Good night, Highborn Company." He rises and strides away.

Tenel

Servants have come from the baggage train and begun setting up the tent in which the prince and his entourage have been sleeping. It is a large canvas tent, but simple enough to raise and lower. The caravan master stands nearby, directing them. He turns to you as you approach, noting your focus and expression.

"Hey now lad, we're busy here setting up for the evening. If you're here for a social call, maybe wait a spell."

14. - Top - End - #44

AssassinGuy

Tenel freezes in mid stride and slowly turns towards the caravan master. He slowly starts towards him his hands brushing against the pommel of his rapier, a look of displeasure crosses his face as he strides right next to him and looks him up and down as if assessing him. Suddenly he breaks in a friendly grin and place a gentle but strong hand on the mans shoulder. .
    " No worries, just patrolling the area making sure our prince isn't disturbed. We have to make sure our future leader is safe from harm afterall. You give him my regards if you see him good sir. Tell him he should come and meet the highborns when he has the chance. All of us would sure appreciate a visit from him.
    He says releasing the man before striding away to continue patrolling the camp while blowing normal grey smoke from his pipe.

15. - Top - End - #45

Seeing his fellow Highborns dismantling the good mood he spent good money to achieve, he finishes that hand of the game, collects his cards and the money remaining, and offers to accompany the first watch. He sends Mystery on a half mile perimeter scan, to return immediately when he sees trouble and to hunt, while he inquires with the first watch guards, still friendly but more relaxed, about Captain Ansom, while also offering to tell fortunes.

As he collects his cards Orin flips over the top card while pondering whether the conversation would yield any more insight about the prince. Two of Swords. Impasse. "Glob. Oh well, another time."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

You are familiar with the magical sense of your companions and their equipment, and with the natural sense of magic that fills the world and connects individuals. Small hints of magic show in the baggage train, minor scrolls and potions for trade and supply. One item of note occurs as you pass the carriage. You are used to observing at least the essential basis of magic that exists in all things. The carriage has none of that, it appears to be magically void. You can perceive nothing of what is within.
    Lardo

Lardo takes mental notes of the magical items that are being carried in the baggade train, he is about to turn back so he could eat, but gets really surprised by this thinking "Hmm...maybe the prince is carrying some powerfull magical items inside the carriage and wants to keep it a secret. I know I would do this, but Who is powerfull enough to do this?"

After that Lardo goes toward the rest of the party, he grabs a bowl with stew and starting eating vigorously with a piece a bread as side. He goes toward Orian and Orianna and share his findings "So, looks like there is another powerfull spellcaster traveling with the prince besides me and Orin, since there is some sort of spell blocking magic to come from inside the carriage. Do any of you know who could this be? I don't think it is too strange, just wonder who is this person."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

The Mountain Highroad

The caravan had left early that morning, pushing the pace harder on this leg of the journey. The journeyed among you know that this road is wilder, more prone to attacks from bandits and monsters coming both from the arid hills to the north and the deep forest that fills most of eastern Zarush. The soldiers and guards march with hands hovering close to their weapons, with tension on bowstrings and bolts set in crossbows.

Strong winds blow down across the hills from the north, carrying dry dust and desiccated vegetation. The summer sun beats down on each long day of travel, and the camp at the end of the day becomes more of a struggle to arrange, the guards simultaneously more alert and more deeply exhausted.

The third day of hard travel finds you half-way between the fork and Montgard.

18. - Top - End - #48

AssassinGuy

Tenel looks half dead on his horse, sweat rolls down his face and his long clothes are soaking. The men near him hear him muttering curses in faded breaths. He keeps his position in the middle of the caravan where he bullies lowly squires and guards to fetch him water. Every once in a while he does a long patrol checking in with each member of the company before returning to his post.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Khalid Al-Hakim

Khalid always stayed in the shadow of the wagon, taking what little relief where and when he could from the heat like any veteran desert traveler. He also had an ulterior motive by keeping one foot in the dark, but he didn't advertise that to the others. He offered a sip from his waterskin to any of the more heavily armored caravan guards, knowing that it could be brutally oppressive in such smothering plate and chain. The rest of the time, he kept his head on a swivel, looking for any telltale signs that they were about to be viciously attacked by bandits and ruffians.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Perception: [roll]1d20+6z[/roll]

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Lardo

Lardo had traveled during his merchant time around this parts, he say to everyone, his hirelings and the party members - one by one - that they should keep themself alert this point foward, because a bandit raid could happen at any time "Or something worse...", but besides that he just keep himself near his wagon alert to everything.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2016-08-29 at 03:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

The Ambush

The sun is high in the sky as the caravan is called to halt for a brief mid-day meal. As it has been for the past two days, the meal passes in near-silence as everyone not assigned to a watch finds whatever shade they can and consumes their portion of food and water. The hour of rest passes, and the trumpeter calls the return to positions and the march.

Scant moments later, the caravan master's eyes go wide and he shouts "Ware the south! Stop, damn your blind eyes!" Even as horses are reigned in and wagons that had only just begun moving are slowed once more, the sky darkens at the front and rear of the caravan. A whistling rush of air is followed by heavy crashes as large boulders smash into the road both in front of and behind the caravan. Looking to the south, two enormous figures dressed in rough furs and carrying clubs that have the look of freshly uprooted trees have stepped out of the treeline. Next to each is a large pile of rocks. Even as the boulders land, more figures swarm out of the woods. Large burly figures swinging heavy spiked logs come out to surround the giants, and to their right and left swarms of swarthy orcs begin to charge.

Taking this in, the Captain of the Guards turns to Orianna. "We can handle the orcs, but those giants have to be taken down!"

22. - Top - End - #52

AssassinGuy

Tenel seems to perk up as the sight of the charging horde as stops slumping and with a grin draws his twin rapiers. Kicking his horse into action he recklessly charges straight towards the orcs ignoring the captains orders swinging his rapiers into their faces and laughing in his raspy tone as he enter battle. As a bonus action he mutters a minor curse he learned from a street mage that makes his blades swifter and sharper against one foe at a time. (Hunters mark.)

first rapier
    (1d20+7)[10]
    damage (1d8+4)[8]
    Sneak attack damage if i go first is 2d6.

second attack
    (1d20+6)[14]
    damage (1d8+3)[11]

Hunters mark additional damage is 1d6
    Last edited by Jacon; 2016-09-13 at 05:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Khalid Al-Hakim

In a flutter of robes, Khalid disappeared into the shadow of the wagon and then reappeared within the trees, moving stealthily toward the giants. He kept to cover, darting from tree to tree, not wanting to gain the attention of the orcs or their larger cousins. He'd likely have to wait for the others to catch up, but he might be able to harass the giants from cover and convince them to stop and swat him before resuming their attack on the caravans. Maybe the poison he'd brought would be enough to give his tiny throwing darts some more punch than usual.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Passive Perception 16

Initiative: (1d20+3)[9]
    Stealth: (1d20+6)[24]

Shadow Step 60 ft to nearest available cover as a bonus action, followed by full move of 45 ft. toward the giants. Staying in stealth if possible.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2016-09-13 at 07:50 PM.

Spoiler
    Show