New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Rant Thread

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Rant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    He means you started an entire thread to complain about the fact that you hit on a woman who wasn't available and that fact was pointed out to you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Case in point.
    Ok so I'm not good at body language. Is that what you're trying to say?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, and more.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes, you failed to pick up on my body language. That's exactly what I was saying. I guess I was wrong about you after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    He means you started an entire thread to complain about the fact that you hit on a woman who wasn't available and that fact was pointed out to you.
    I think you're missing the whole point of this thread. This is a rant thread. You can rant anything you want.

6. - Top - End - #36

I think you're missing the whole point of this thread. This is a rant thread. You can rant anything you want.
    And we've chosen to rant about your reaction to getting rejected. Don't stifle us!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    And we've chosen to rant about your reaction to getting rejected. Don't stifle us!
    Good point.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

yes i think psychiatry/psychology is not in the dark ages anymore when it comes to most disorders - ocd, depression, add, bipolar, etc. i guess i was wrong to say that the whole science/medicine is bad when it's just, as far as i'm concerned, their interpretation of one single disorder, namely schizophrenia with positive symptoms.

edit: more ranting: seroquel is the main drug i'm on. it's no joke because i put on 70 lbs from it while in the hospital (so being forced to take this is kind of a bitch). it is a sedative. but the evening dose is actually pretty cool because while it sedates you it also gets you high (unlike other drugs i've been put on). it gives me an experience that is kind of spiritual ... unfortunately i've developed a tolerance to this aspect of it so i don't feel it very much anymore.
    Last edited by Goodkill; 2016-08-16 at 10:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

About the only thing I really like ranting about is a particular member of this forum that I find to be a sentient pile of crap. Unreliable at the best of times, argumentative and prone to angering quickly at the worst of times, I would accuse this callous ******* of posting for the sake of boosting their post count if I didn't know better. A lack of any social awareness combined with a tendency towards diarrhea of the mouth (well, of the fingers? keyboard?) makes for a ghastly combination I wish I could avoid.

Not a huge problem usually, but when these behavioral quirks become particularly difficult to ignore, this poster's presence on the forum I frequent is the fly in my ointment.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Goodkill View Post
    yes i think psychiatry/psychology is not in the dark ages anymore when it comes to most disorders - ocd, depression, add, bipolar, etc. i guess i was wrong to say that the whole science/medicine is bad when it's just, as far as i'm concerned, their interpretation of one single disorder, namely schizophrenia with positive symptoms.

edit: more ranting: seroquel is the main drug i'm on. it's no joke because i put on 70 lbs from it while in the hospital (so being forced to take this is kind of a bitch). it is a sedative. but the evening dose is actually pretty cool because while it sedates you it also gets you high (unlike other drugs i've been put on). it gives me an experience that is kind of spiritual ... unfortunately i've developed a tolerance to this aspect of it so i don't feel it very much anymore.
    Hey, uh... I'm schizoaffective and I was put on seroquel in January after a hospitalization incident.

>.>
    <.<

If you ever need an ear, I'm available, though I'll say I've had a very different experience from yours.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    About the only thing I really like ranting about is a particular member of this forum that I find to be a sentient pile of crap. Unreliable at the best of times, argumentative and prone to angering quickly at the worst of times, I would accuse this callous ******* of posting for the sake of boosting their post count if I didn't know better. A lack of any social awareness combined with a tendency towards diarrhea of the mouth (well, of the fingers? keyboard?) makes for a ghastly combination I wish I could avoid.

Not a huge problem usually, but when these behavioral quirks become particularly difficult to ignore, this poster's presence on the forum I frequent is the fly in my ointment.
    The site has an ignore feature.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    The site has an ignore feature.
    Doesn't work for this case.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Today I play my very first Pokémon Go Gym Battle and I lost by a powerful ******* Goldduck. Goldduck combat points was 2000+ and that Pokémon wipe out all my six weak Pokémon. **** Why did I have battle against a Pokémon on ******* steroids?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Today I play my very first Pokémon Go Gym Battle and I lost by a powerful ******* Goldduck. Goldduck combat points was 2000+ and that Pokémon wipe out all my six weak Pokémon. **** Why did I have battle against a Pokémon on ******* steroids?
    I don't know, why do you have to curse with every other word? It's just a game, keep things in perspective.

15. - Top - End - #45

Beholder

Ok Here the few rules in this thread. No cursing. If you feel like censor the curse and swears just do like this: **** Also the forum rules always applies. So no religion, no politics, none of that stuff. Ok I go first: I actually talk to a girl who works at movie theater. It was at the concession stand and I asked her about the Stubs Premiere. I was going to get her phone number but one of her co-workers interrupted me saying that she married. Why?! Why does this keeps happening to me?!
    You probably shouldn't listen to me, but my advice is as follows:

Just because there's a goalie, doesn't mean you can't score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

I really, REEEEAAALLLY hate the new Roll20 pathfinder character sheets.

What they had was perfect, it was simple, it was organized, it was just like the real-life pen and paper sheet, you put your skill points down, you weapons were right under your weapons were right beneath your BAB, you could set if they were magical or masterwork right next to their name, everything was amazing. Sure, there were maybe one or two things that could be improved, such as being able to select which ability score modifier to use for skill checks, but in the end it worked, and that's all it needed to do.

This new sheet though? What even the heck? If i want to check if my weapon is magical or not i need to go to one tab, scroll down and click a seccond tab, then look under a third tab to see if a box is chececked. under the "all" page isn't even much better, why the hell is my movement speed all the way under literally everything else!? why can't it be right below my AC or eye and hair colour like is senseable!? Why do i need to go on a freaking scavenger hunt just to find the most BASIC of information!?

I honestly can't understand what everyone enjoys about it! Nothing is in it's place or where it's supposed to be, NOTHING is right in front of your eyes, you need to go looking for everything under a thousand tabs and sub-tabs, and there are freaking boxes and things of like... code? or something everywhere? The heck does that even mean!? why does this need to be there!? Why can't everything just be right in front of you where it ought to be when you're playing a character!????

For the first time in months. i am NOT looking forward to my next session, knowing i'll need to put up with this giant steaming peace.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I really, REEEEAAALLLY hate the new Roll20 pathfinder character sheets.
    Thank you! At last, an actual rant!
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lhurgyof View Post

This. This is true.
    My friend, who is a psychologist, always tells me this when I'm in doubt with a woman:
    "Go ahead and try it. You never know what a girl likes."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Dahl View Post
    This. This is true.
    My friend, who is a psychologist, always tells me this when I'm in doubt with a woman:

Because even if the other party isn't in an open marriage, who needs a moral compass or cares whether or not a family will break apart/innocent spouses or children will be hurt if there is a chance that you can take advantage of someone's moment of weakness or low moral fiber to have sex? It's the same logic one of my classmates argued when he said "it's not shoplifting if you don't get caught."
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Because even if the other party isn't in an open marriage, who needs a moral compass or cares whether or not a family will break apart/innocent spouses or children will be hurt if there is a chance that you can take advantage of someone's moment of weakness or low moral fiber to have sex? It's the same logic one of my classmates argued when he said "it's not shoplifting if you don't get caught."
    I trust my friend's advice a great deal. I can't argue about his logic on his behalf. He thinks about these things a lot more than you and I combined so I'd say that we should show some reverence.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Frankly, that's the most idiotic advice possible in this situation. OP, if someone's in a pre-existing relationship, a) don't be angry when you're rejected on account of it (because you have zero right to, regardless of who the messenger is) and b) don't try to insert yourself. If they want you involved, then they'll get you involved, not the other way around.

Jon_Dahl, if your friend would suggest the same, your friend is an idiot and we shouldn't listen to him with reverence (and seriously, reverence? He's not a source of moral guidance to be revered in the first place. Maybe listening to him has been a pet of your problem all along, because it sounds like you place way too much stock in his opinion by your language there).
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2016-08-18 at 07:06 AM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

I trust my friend's advice a great deal. I can't argue about his logic on his behalf. He thinks about these things a lot more than you and I combined so I'd say that we should show some reverence.
    If your friend is the sort of person who spends a great deal of time thinking about getting people to commit adultery, I would say he is the last person whose opinion I would be inclined to show reverence on the subject.

Cannibals undoubtedly spend a great deal more time thinking how to cook human beings than I do. That doesn't mean I'm inclined to ask for Hannibal Lecter's recipe list.

As Saint Ridley said, I agree on this subject. There is nothing Saint Ridley said which I even feel inclined to quibble or equivocate for slight accuracy gains, and that's rare for my own thoughts, let alone another person's opinions.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

As Saint Ridley said, I agree on this subject. There is nothing Saint Ridley said which I even feel inclined to quibble or equivocate for slight accuracy gains, and that's rare for my own thoughts, let alone another person's opinions.
    Thanks, and likewise I disagree with none of your points. I do quibble with the fact that my post originally dropped the i in 'it,' but I've fixed that now.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Colossus in the Playground

That the whole point of it. The woman isn't an infant. Her friend didn't need to tell me her martial status. She should have spoken it herself.
    Yeah, no. When this is a thing:

Spoiler: There's lots more, but not forum friendly
    Show

you do NOT get to blame her for not telling a complete stranger, who is hitting on her at her place of work and who so far as she knows might take it well, might fall back on plausible deniability of "I was just being friendly", or might lash out at the rejection, a private fact about her personal life. You just don't, mate.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

This. This is true.
    How about you ask?
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey look, this was good advice at first, and terrible afterwards!
    (Do the faces mean it's better?)

This. This is true.
    No, it's not.
    My friend, who is a psychologist
    Completely irrelevant point, what he does for a living, unless you're talking about how you need psych help.
    Maybe his advice has been, you know, misunderstood. Because that's a thing that happens with people. For example, we all understood, clear as day, that there was no interest.
    always tells me this when I'm in doubt with a woman:
    There's no doubt about anything. Your "friend's" advice is not for this case. Bye.

I trust my friend's advice a great deal.
    That's good. You know what goes good with trust? A pinch of salt. You may need a big old bucket, though.

I can't argue about his logic on his behalf.
    Wow, sane reasoning!
    He thinks about these things a lot more than you and I combined[...]
    There's no way to know that for sure without implying this:
    a) "You're stupid, that's how I know he thinks more about these things"
    b)"I'm stupid, and you too, that's how I know..."

[...] so I'd say that we should show some reverence.
    No, what you're saying is to turn off your brain because someone with an allegedly greater thinking ability said something that suits your rather off-center moral compass and lets you get away with saying some reaaaally shady s*** without being held responsible for what it actually implies.
    "Oh, he's smart and he said we should do it. if it's wrong... hey, he said it, not me!"

Ok Here the few rules in this thread. No cursing. If you feel like censor the curse and swears just do like this: **** Also the forum rules always applies. So no religion, no politics, none of that stuff. Ok I go first: I actually talk to a girl who works at movie theater. It was at the concession stand and I asked her about the Stubs Premiere. I was going to get her phone number but one of her co-workers interrupted me saying that she married. Why?! Why does this keeps happening to me?!
    Maybe because you're approaching girls at their workplace? Maybe because you're actively seeking a relationship with so much intensity that you're willing to forget how creepy that is? Maybe it's because you actually don't read much into the context of what's happening (or read too much into it, maybe?) and think that because a girl was a decent human being (as in, she smiled at you or said hello) she's into you... but then "the world" hates you and makes it impossible for you to pursue a relationship.
    Either way, I'm sure, really sure, way damn f****** sure that just because you're screwing yourself. Be open to talk to girls without expecting they're going to be your girlfriends some day (or rather, not your girlfriends in a romantic sense, just being friends with you). Be polite with people at their workplace. If they're interested, maybe (just maybe) they'll share with you stuff. Be conscious that girls, much like the rest of mankind, are HUMANS. They have the ability to choose what they want, what they do, and what they like, and you don't get to tell them what to do.

Well like I said. She could've said it herself instead of her friend telling her marital status. I mean the woman does have a mind of her own.
    Case in point. You're saying what they shouldn't do, you're automagically assuming they're doing something out of evil intent or like some sort of "The world" mind control that makes them not do something you want them to.

----
    To summarize:
    -Don't listen to Jon Dahl. He advocates for being a bad person, saying someone else said it was a good idea, and generally being ignorant of other peoples' feelings and desires.
    -Don't listen to Lhurgyof either. He's apparently the equivalent of the facebbok :V movement (the smilies make it funny and smart!)
    -Don't be that guy who stalks or annoys or tries to romance people at their workplace
    -Don't complain if your stalkerish or annoying presence at the workplace of a girl makes her friend(s) talk in her stead. It's your behaviour that's making them do it, so they have every reason to do it until you change that behaviour.
    -If she's smiling at you, she's NOT flirting.
    -If she says hello with a smile, she's NOT flirting.
    -You can (and possibly should) show your romantic interest to a girl, but that also implies you have to be grown-up about it. You can (and will) get shut down sometimes. Suck it up, man, we've all been there and it's ok.
    -I think it's uncalled for to rant about it because it implies you were done wrong or someone did a screw-up that ended up with you getting the fuzzy end.

Finally, my rant is this: I find it irking that people assume they should turn off their brains just because someone "who thinks a lot more about it than you and me combined", as if brainpower and individual thinking is something to be saved up, like that one special brandy. Thinking and using your moral compass is not something you should try to save for special occasions.
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

Always find the idea of hitting on someone when they're at work to be a bit off. Namely in the sense that in a position like that, they sorta have to be nice and polite with you, and the fact that they're there to work and not to engage in a courtship.

Anyway.

Getting so tired of a lot of my clients. Our office hours are posted, I always recite them when they're asking me about times that I'm available, or when they need to come in. And yet, without fail, I will always get a call on my lunch break an hour after they were supposed to show up. Or they'll be showing up a half-hour after I was supposed to get off when they had already said they'd be there two hours before that.

Just. I'm so tired of this, I gotta pick up my kid, the bridge closes for construction every night and missing that timing adds another goddamn hour to my commute home. AHHHHHHH. And don't even get me started on the ones that show up out of the blue looking for the owner without setting an appointment when he's overseeing construction all over the area, or the ones that wait until the day before their quarterly reports are due to give me the damn sack full of receipts.

Once again. AHHHHHHH

28. - Top - End - #58

What rants, in particular? Can I rant about how everyone has terrible taste in music but me?

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Yeah, no. When this is a thing:

you do NOT get to blame her for not telling a complete stranger, who is hitting on her at her place of work and who so far as she knows might take it well, might fall back on plausible deniability of "I was just being friendly", or might lash out at the rejection, a private fact about her personal life. You just don't, mate.
    p sure all women are evil Serps which is why I can't get laid. It's not the fact that I'm entitled and make women uncomfortable and am creepy.

Why can't girls just like me because I'm a nice guy!

(Serps I love you so much, I might even get over my fear of Australia to come snuggle you)
    My Metal Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychedelicBard View Post
    I think we can all agree in one thing. Metal + Pirates = Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Dwarves, like pirates, simply become more proficient as they becomes more intoxicated.
    Thanks to Crimmy for the awesome avatar
    Come join the Giantitp Chat on Facebook!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Colossus in the Playground

Omg Grimmy I have a boyfriend omg ok bye

(dooooooo do that yes snugs)