New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,484 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins XVI: Corrupted to the Kore

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    Kin also recently walked into a trap (whose rules she correctly determined ahead of time) and had to be rescued from certain death (by Kore). She is pretty clearly as smart as she needs to be for a given scene.

I think it is probably likely that Thunt isn't deliberately giving us false exposition, so the sword probably works the way she guessed, even though no she didn't really have enough info to do anything more than wildly guess.

Maybe it is Questionable Content having recent storylines where characters gain or lose traits to suit the stories' need, but I'm seeing the Doylism in webcomics more as of recent, and Goblins is no exception. Kin is convenient for Thunt when it comes to exposition because she's a genius (and thus supposed to know things).
    We have precedent of Hunt deliberately giving us false exposition, here: https://goblinscomic.com/comic/08122007. Here's where it was contradicted: https://goblinscomic.com/comic/09182016-2. Therefore, exposition isn't completely trustworthy in this comic.
    What did the monk say to his dinner?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out of the frying pan and into the friar!

How would you describe a knife?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cutting-edge technology

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Parchment has been off-panel since Kin noticed the white IME, then we see it again in the first panel on the left.Kore hasn't displayed any interest in it, so it's fair to assume he didn't see it moving and especialy not changing the rune color. I conclude that Kin set it here right before Kore turned the corner.
    She might have had the idea from seeing how Kore's IME changed the color of the other runes, but saying Kore saved her is kind of like saying the apple told Newton what the laws of gravitation was.
    I... uh, that metaphor went right by me. I don't know how Kore is to Kin and the Apple is to Newton. I guess I would fail my GMATs and GREs these days. Regardless, perhaps saved isn't the right word, but as I'm reading it, Kin went from saying to herself, "It's turning all the shapes the same colout! The floor will vanish below me!," "Stupid, Kin! Stupid and Careless!," and "They're changing colour too fast! I'm not going to make it!" to a rune changing to white because of Kore's I.M.E. coming along. I don't really know what other lesson to take from it except Kin got herself caught in a deadly trap and would be absolutely dead if Kore hadn't come along. Trust me, I'm not a fan of him saving the day in any way (and probably not deliberately), but that's what it looks like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaln View Post
    We have precedent of Hunt deliberately giving us false exposition, here: https://goblinscomic.com/comic/08122007. Here's where it was contradicted: https://goblinscomic.com/comic/09182016-2. Therefore, exposition isn't completely trustworthy in this comic.
    Good point. I remember that, yet had not thought of it.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

I... uh, that metaphor went right by me. I don't know how Kore is to Kin and the Apple is to Newton.
    The story goes that an apple falling down inspired Newton. In the story the apple didn't set out to give newton ideas or understands the idea itself, it just happened to fall down at the right time to be useful. Kore is implied to be the same thing.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Obviously Kin has Wisdom as a dump stat.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    Kin also recently walked into a trap (whose rules she correctly determined ahead of time) and had to be rescued from certain death (by Kore). She is pretty clearly as smart as she needs to be for a given scene.

I think it is probably likely that Thunt isn't deliberately giving us false exposition, so the sword probably works the way she guessed, even though no she didn't really have enough info to do anything more than wildly guess.

Maybe it is Questionable Content having recent storylines where characters gain or lose traits to suit the stories' need, but I'm seeing the Doylism in webcomics more as of recent, and Goblins is no exception. Kin is convenient for Thunt when it comes to exposition because she's a genius (and thus supposed to know things).
    Yes, because she didnt realize her ime would turn into a room filling fog and change all the runes too fast for her to escape. The trap had an extra stage she wasnt aware of till it was too late.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Obviously Kin has Wisdom as a dump stat.
    I'll start calling INT and WIS dumb stats, when used as dump stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Yes, because she didnt realize her ime would turn into a room filling fog and change all the runes too fast for her to escape. The trap had an extra stage she wasnt aware of till it was too late.
    Yes, exactly. Remember, I was responding to the statement, "Yea Kin doesn't always get everything right." This is a case of Kin not getting everything right. Her getting everything right might have required something approaching omniscience (This dungeon is clearly of the 'toying with the PCs' vein deathtrap), but that doesn't change that she was very much not right in a way that would have flat out gotten her killed.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like we're going to be wrapping up the Forgath arc soon. No new page yet, but perspective will be shifting to them and staying there until "it comes to it's very near conclusion".

unrelated, we need a new thread.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Banned

Well, we could just only post when a new comic hits. If we do that, this thread should last us until the heat death of the universe.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Looks like we're going to be wrapping up the Forgath arc soon. No new page yet, but perspective will be shifting to them and staying there until "it comes to it's very near conclusion".

how about „the shocking end of this story arc“ for title
    maybe we’ll see it by the end of the thread
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

WeeWoo WeeWoo UPDATE UPDATE!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ettin in the Playground

And that's how Dread Gazebos get started!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hurray, the triumphant return of the least interesting sideplot in all of Goblins: "another flying pac-man went bad, and it's up to a bunch of over-designed jabronis to stop it".
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Hurray, the triumphant return of the least interesting sideplot in all of Goblins: "another flying pac-man went bad, and it's up to a bunch of over-designed jabronis to stop it".
    I'll let you know when we switch perspectives then so you can start reading again

also made a new thread because this one was making me antsy
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show