New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Goblins XVI: Corrupted to the Kore

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Bah, I think Minmax had the right idea here. This is a waste of time that serves no purpose other than to let the flea demon do its morale wrecking speech.
    Well, duh. From the moment it basically equaled good=dumb* it should have been obvious that further talking is absolutely pointless.

*I mean seriously? That statement didn't even answer the question**, not to mention the fact that the two good creatures are still more likely to cooperate despite their disagreement than the two evil ones. (Not to mention that the question makes sense... And that's the problem I guess. Goblinsverse is insane.

**Seriously, how is Kore good? I guess it could work if alignment is subjective***, but that brings me back to my previous point. The verse is insane.

***Meaning (almost) everyone is good and (almost) everyone else evil... Merely writing this makes my head hurt. I hope this isn't the case.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

They are getting potentially valuable information from him though. The fact that he's not trying to be helpful isn't particularly relevant.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

we learned more about Kore; That's always a plus.

I really don't think pacing is an issue, it kinda goes a little fast sometimes, but going slowly isn't really a problem in my opinion. makes it a more interesting read as a whole, coherent story when it's slower paced and takes it's time.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    not to mention the fact that the two good creatures are still more likely to cooperate despite their disagreement than the two evil ones.
    It can be true for certain types of Lawful Evil, but yeah, that doesn't seem to be the type of evil overtaking the Goblinsverse at all.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

The pacing would be fine for a comic book or something. For a webcomic that very rarely releases it feels slow.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

I so hope that the way Ears carry his axe means that he's ready to destroy the flea and that he will realize that it had a good effect on the axe and be like "oh my god we need to find evil stuff to fight".

But he wouldn't "sneak attack" even a demon...
    Last edited by Quild; 2016-08-25 at 04:18 PM.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quild View Post
    I so hope that the way Ears carry his axe means that he's ready to destroy the flea and that he will realize that it had a good effect on the axe and be like "oh my god we need to fight evil stuff to fight".

But he wouldn't "sneak attack" even a demon...
    No, he would "smite evil" on a demon.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

What interests me is that the backstory Ears receives from the axe does not mention a First Prissan. Combined with Kore's face, it would not surprise me if Kore's curse was becoming the First Prissan, forced to contain thousands of demons.

I agree that since he's the creator of the axe (and possibly insane from the strain of being the First Prissan), his genocide against evil is probably to prevent the axe from falling into the wrong hands.

"Almost as pure as what's trapped in the First Prissan" If Kore is the First Prissan, I can think of two possibilities (and a few others that don't make enough sense to mention).

Spoiler: 1.
    Show
    The flea demon is referring to Kore's soul, which was once as pure as Ear's before becoming a Prissan.

Spoiler: 2.
    Show
    It could be the other nine holy guardians that survived the battle with the Demon. To create the Prissan, they had to sacrifice themselves by becoming trapped with the demons inside Kore's body/soul. This theory could explain Kore's dual nature/mission. The good side strives to destroy evil to protect the axe, the demons twist his goals and mind to make him destroy good, so the axe is more likely to fail and free the demons.
    It's only cheating if you get caught. Otherwise, it's just good tactics...

When accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco the Swift View Post
    What interests me is that the backstory Ears receives from the axe does not mention a First Prissan. Combined with Kore's face, it would not surprise me if Kore's curse was becoming the First Prissan, forced to contain thousands of demons.

I agree that since he's the creator of the axe (and possibly insane from the strain of being the First Prissan), his genocide against evil is probably to prevent the axe from falling into the wrong hands.

"Almost as pure as what's trapped in the First Prissan" If Kore is the First Prissan, I can think of two possibilities (and a few others that don't make enough sense to mention).

Spoiler: 1.
    Show
    The flea demon is referring to Kore's soul, which was once as pure as Ear's before becoming a Prissan.

Spoiler: 2.
    Show
    It could be the other nine holy guardians that survived the battle with the Demon. To create the Prissan, they had to sacrifice themselves by becoming trapped with the demons inside Kore's body/soul. This theory could explain Kore's dual nature/mission. The good side strives to destroy evil to protect the axe, the demons twist his goals and mind to make him destroy good, so the axe is more likely to fail and free the demons.
    This explains why he didn't fall, he is getting his powers from the other nine guardians. Since they didn't fall, he still has access.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

i don't think Kore is destorying JUST good things. he's still destroying evil things, he just also destroys good things as well.

The theory holds up though i think. Perhaps the paladins trapped inside him are in a constant fight against the demons trapped in there as well.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    The theory holds up though i think. Perhaps the paladins trapped inside him are in a constant fight against the demons trapped in there as well.
    If it is something similar to V's soul splice it would also explain why Kore can summon high level paladin spells while Forgath can survive a fight against Kore.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Quild View Post
    If it is something similar to V's soul splice it would also explain why Kore can summon high level paladin spells while Forgath can survive a fight against Kore.
    Ehh Kore took out Forgath with ease and Forgath only survived because he was rescued. Kore probably gains power from the souls but I doubt any one of them is more powerful than him, he was one of the people who imprisoned a demon deity. That takes a lot. It wouldn't surprise me if he was genuinely good before that.
    Black text is for sarcasm, also sincerity. You'll just have to read between the lines and infer from context like an animal

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

it just occored to me. Forgath has a whole bunch of additions made by Kliks. really hope they don't all warp somehow and become new Jr's.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

it just occored to me. Forgath has a whole bunch of additions made by Kliks. really hope they don't all warp somehow and become new Jr's.
    Klik was apparently young and inexperienced - Forgath, meanwhile, got healed by members of an entire colony. They probably know what they were doing.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

fair enough.

You guys been checking out Thunt's streams lately? He's been doing this neat thing where if you have enough copper peices from his chatbot dungeon games, you can pay him the copper at certain times and he'll make a pseudo-custom card based on one of his already existing cards for a character to potentually use in little improvised dungeon crawls each monday, it's pretty neat.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

I miss Dies and Saves

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
    I miss Dies and Saves
    That's what your GM said

Also, who were these humans you speak of

18. - Top - End - #48
    Halfling in the Playground

Finally some hope!

The GAP is going to kick some demon ass soon I think!

Frecus
    The glade wanderer
    Madwarrior
    Temporary ponytar is temporary

19. - Top - End - #49
    Banned

I don't get why it takes a month to write these giant blocks of text with no art. Isn't this Thunt's job? Does he have something else going on? I know his blog says he's sick, but I doubt he's sick for a month between every update.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frecus View Post
    Finally some hope!
    If by hope, you mean a hell-difficulty fetch quest. Then yes, there is hope.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground

Hell-difficulty fetch quest beats imminent demon-deity invasion!

Frecus
    The glade wanderer
    Madwarrior
    Temporary ponytar is temporary

22. - Top - End - #52
    Colossus in the Playground

Of course, now the problem is, how do you open a portal to hell in this fairly low magic world they are currently on? Im glad ears figured this out, and I liked how it happened, but that doesnt really help them now. The axe is broken, things are escaping (im pretty sure the fight starts next comic) and they have no idea how to get the axe back to hell where it belongs.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

New question: Where is the Hammer of Prissan, what would it take to find and break it, and how powerful is what's imprisoned in it?
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I don't get why it takes a month to write these giant blocks of text with no art. Isn't this Thunt's job? Does he have something else going on? I know his blog says he's sick, but I doubt he's sick for a month between every update.
    This was at least Thunt's seccond attempt at drawing this particular page, possibly third. I know he tried to draw the page at least once before, and got pretty far in it, but he wasn't happy with how it turned out, so he scrapped it and started over.

plus he's started doing "improvised role-playing games" on his streams each monday, and occaisionally taking time off from the comic to make minor edits to some of his alternate realities cards so people can "buy" say, an image of big-ears with green skin or something for fictional copper peices won from his chatbot's dungeon game. So those likely factor in.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    New question: Where is the Hammer of Prissan, what would it take to find and break it, and how powerful is what's imprisoned in it?
    There IS the "Hammer of Jale" from Reality #207, a powerful weapon that holds a trapped angel who wants to break free and save the realm. Though i think that hammer more exists as a counterpart to the axe of prissan as the world it origonates from is an evil one, so it's likely unrelated to the hammer of prissan....

... holy ship i just realized.

Hammer/axe of prissan. = Prison. Hammer of Jale: Jail. *facepalms for not getting it sooner*
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Firbolg in the Playground

Of course, now the problem is, how do you open a portal to hell in this fairly low magic world they are currently on?
    By making the DM angry :D
    By gaining control of grinnorarcen and freeing him!
    By making a demon take more than she is allowed to!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer/axe of prissan. = Prison. Hammer of Jale: Jail. *facepalms for not getting it sooner*
    Don't worry, I only realized that stuff a month or two ago. So you aren't the only one who didn't notice it for a while.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    By making the DM angry :D
    By gaining control of grinnorarcen and freeing him!
    By making a demon take more than she is allowed to!
    1) Yeah but forgath isnt there to pray to his god.

2) Thats actually possible, theoretically. But first they would have to summon him.

3) DEFINITE possibility. But what could they use to trick mister flea-san?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground

3) DEFINITE possibility. But what could they use to trick mister flea-san?
    Potara earrings?
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Big Ears sounds badass...
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Welcome to Goblins, you must be new. Do not look up how long the current situation has lasted, or what the situation was before that.

I like the comic, I really do, but I'm not even trying to ridicule the update schedule anymore.

(It's practically worse than OOTS, imagine that!)

Also, wow, that is some Batlock Holmes Who level deduction there. If he's right (and it looks like he is), respect.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2016-09-08 at 03:57 PM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!