New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Banned

Default Re: Goblins XVI: Corrupted to the Kore

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post

also "throwing the axe into a pit the end" would make a terrible story.
    I guess that depends on whether or not you care about the Axe subplot. Personally, I couldn't care less about it. The interesting things in the comic are the dynamics between the characters, and Goblins is quite gruesome enough without sending the characters to literal Hell. I'd be perfectly content with resolving the axe subplot with some kind of joke and getting back to the parts of the story that don't suck.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

If the Jade Teapot can go across planes like that, it could get them down there too - use it to go to Grinnorarcen (aka Not-Walter).
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

3. - Top - End - #633
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    If the Jade Teapot can go across planes like that, it could get them down there too - use it to go to Grinnorarcen (aka Not-Walter).
    Yeah but the pot wont go with them. So unless kin makes several copies its a one time deal.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #634

Ah, but what if they brew extra tea and take the tea with them? They only need to be there 1 round, after all, the tea should last that long.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, but what if they brew extra tea and take the tea with them? They only need to be there 1 round, after all, the tea should last that long.
    This is Goblins. Nothing good will come of this. Probably the tea will automatically teleport you to the worst place in the multiverse for you specifically, because screw you, screw your destination, and screw the idea that you could actually succeed at something in the Thuntverse.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

6. - Top - End - #636

Hmm, I suppose that could work. Of course, then why would they all even go? Seems an unneeded risk to send everyone for a quick port, drop, port.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I guess that depends on whether or not you care about the Axe subplot. Personally, I couldn't care less about it. The interesting things in the comic are the dynamics between the characters, and Goblins is quite gruesome enough without sending the characters to literal Hell. I'd be perfectly content with resolving the axe subplot with some kind of joke and getting back to the parts of the story that don't suck.
    i'm not sure if it's a subplot really... think it's becoming the main plot. of an arc if not the entire story at least.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #638

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    i'm not sure if it's a subplot really... think it's becoming the main plot. of an arc if not the entire story at least.
    Yeah I mean, at least its likely to draw in forgath and crew. Still not sure how dies horribly will cross over at this stage, but there almost has to be a way.

*EDIT* By which I mean im aware the evil kills horribly, dies horribly, and forgath with his army of kliks will cross paths eventually, im just not sure if it will be somehow before the trip to hell or after. Im honestly wishing we had a map of the world to see where everyone is in relation to each other. Its fairly safe to assume that forgath is heading around the area the dungeon is in and could meet the crew on the other side, but I have no idea where dies is. Its been so long I cant recall any details.
    Last edited by Traab; 2017-08-01 at 03:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Yeah I mean, at least its likely to draw in forgath and crew. Still not sure how dies horribly will cross over at this stage, but there almost has to be a way.

*EDIT* By which I mean im aware the evil kills horribly, dies horribly, and forgath with his army of kliks will cross paths eventually, im just not sure if it will be somehow before the trip to hell or after. Im honestly wishing we had a map of the world to see where everyone is in relation to each other. Its fairly safe to assume that forgath is heading around the area the dungeon is in and could meet the crew on the other side, but I have no idea where dies is. Its been so long I cant recall any details.
    Lo and behold!
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't think Dies was shown after Click's death. A Chronology would be nice to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

10. - Top - End - #640

New comic. The RSS feed still doesn't work.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    New comic. The RSS feed still doesn't work.
    I can't view the new update. Link please?

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

12. - Top - End - #642

http://goblinscomic.com/comics/1501526844-Page20.jpg

At least, I assumed it was a new comic, because I didn't see any discussion about it, and I hadn't read it yet.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, at least he's self-aware.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

14. - Top - End - #644
    Banned

This one has been up for a few days. I guess I should have said something but I just assumed everyone knew.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

Monday comic: If people still need links: http://goblinscomic.com/comic/page-21

16. - Top - End - #646

Nice,
    Spoiler
    Show
    vorpal remembers the prophecy of young and beautiful. But seriously? Im still waiting for the other shoe to drop. That was way too easy. Dude just absorbed like 3x more imprints than any goblin in legend has survived. What effect did minmax yanking him out of contact have? How about shaking him out of his ramble? Did the fact that he had levels already offset the danger?

17. - Top - End - #647
    Troll in the Playground

He actually seems to be alright, and he's a teller, and the overload does not prevent his powers from working properly. That's... uncharacteristically pleasant. I just might be able to get used to this.

Also a quick reminder that the prophecy hasn't happened yet and that it will be something bad.

Also also, all of that stuff he says is forward references to the next 20 years of comics. If he is going to keep spouting them at this rate we're all going to be permanent residents of speculation town.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2017-08-07 at 09:04 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

he's okay!

some of those ramblings do sound like prohecies. no idea if they will all be relevent though
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that could be worse, but considering that this is Goblins, I'm pretty sure they're doomed.

Extended sig here.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Banned

I think I can safely proclaim that Maxo is now Yoda.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    I think I can safely proclaim that Maxo is now Yoda.
    He's too large and too coherent to be Yoda.
    And too stupid.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

22. - Top - End - #652
    Banned

I think we can make a reasonable guess at some of these. The name one that she "got wrong" is obvious Dies Horribly. The hammer would be the hammer of Prisson. Something about Ears wanting a book but he actually needs Complains? Levels gained outside of time probably refers to Kin in the maze.

Any ideas on the others?

23. - Top - End - #653

On the last one, which we've seen long ago, this just occurred to me: it could be that Minmax/Kin's love fuels Ruby's hate. It certainly fits what I remember of Ruby's reaction when she found out.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    He's too large and too coherent to be Yoda.
    And too stupid.
    Yea .... I meant Kickaxo. I have no idea what happened there =)

25. - Top - End - #655
    Banned

On the last one, which we've seen long ago, this just occurred to me: it could be that Minmax/Kin's love fuels Ruby's hate. It certainly fits what I remember of Ruby's reaction when she found out.
    I don't think we could consider the Serpent his prey at that point.

Whatever happens, the latest comic seems to imply that things are going to end very badly for Minmax's relationships.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I don't think we could consider the Serpent his prey at that point.

Whatever happens, the latest comic seems to imply that things are going to end very badly for Minmax's relationships.
    "Imply"? This is Goblins; the comic's going to end with everyone on the Material Plane in their own personalized hell.

Extended sig here.

27. - Top - End - #657

And thus did we find out, Goblins is actually the one true I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream prequel.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    "Imply"? This is Goblins; the comic's going to end with everyone on the Material Plane in their own personalized hell.
    So, just like Goblins, so far? I mean between Goblinslayer being a hell for Goblins, world being a crapsack and there being a nightmare made of fingers, it's hard to tell.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I feel like you are overstating how bad the comic is. It is pretty bad for the main characters overall but good things do happen to them sometimes.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoLegsArmchair View Post
    I feel like you are overstating how bad the comic is. It is pretty bad for the main characters overall but good things do happen to them sometimes.
    Of course good things happen. How else would they feel true despair?

Extended sig here.