New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins XVI: Corrupted to the Kore

So I will be the one to state the obvious since noone else is. Kickasso is about to get an official class designation. Lets face it, he is the only one who (aside from his 2/12ths of a spell level) doesnt have any class abilities of his own. So now he will be a teller, which is apparently a cleric class. Which is handy, because they really did need another healer anyways. :p
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    So I will be the one to state the obvious since noone else is. Kickasso is about to get an official class designation. Lets face it, he is the only one who (aside from his 2/12ths of a spell level) doesnt have any class abilities of his own. So now he will be a teller, which is apparently a cleric class. Which is handy, because they really did need another healer anyways. :p
    He has a staff. He is about to become a wizard.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

Well, if you make Kickasso the fortune teller you run the risk of his making MinMax the newest goblin chief.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    Isn't he already a wizard? Well... partially?
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    He has a mustache, wizards need to have long glorious beards. He will be a cleric. Besides, young and beautiful had some sort of odd staff/polearm weapon.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    He has a mustache, wizards need to have long glorious beards. He will be a cleric. Besides, young and beautiful had some sort of odd staff/polearm weapon.
    Now, mind that all I have to go on is the fact that he has a staff capped with a gem.

He'll be a wizard. I'll bet you!

I do have something else: He's the comic relief. A faith based class simply doesn't have any comedy to it. But wizards apprentices have been comedy stock since friggin Mickey Mouse =)

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Well, if you make Kickasso the fortune teller you run the risk of his making MinMax the newest goblin chief.
    Is there a requirement that the Chief be a Goblin?
    Are tellers Racist?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Are tellers Racist?
    Hmmm... no, I don't think a +7 bonus vs. goblins would be very useful here...
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Hmmm... no, I don't think a +7 bonus vs. goblins would be very useful here...
    Actually, Forgath still has the "Axe of Racism". A Klik took a bite out of it, so Forgath, Idle and Bowst have to take care of it, though probably not during this arc.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shouldn't Complains of Names be named Fortune Teller so he would complain on how hard it is to find names for Goblins?
    I wonder if his demonic traits would prevent that.

If the plan works, Thac0 will probably be named Chief (except if Fumbles gets chosen as a Fortune Teller and choses MinMax, which is actually likely) since he was supposed to be one in the first place.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by Quild View Post
    Shouldn't Complains of Names be named Fortune Teller so he would complain on how hard it is to find names for Goblins?
    I wonder if his demonic traits would prevent that.

If the plan works, Thac0 will probably be named Chief (except if Fumbles gets chosen as a Fortune Teller and choses MinMax, which is actually likely) since he was supposed to be one in the first place.
    Honestly, I think fumbles being the fortune teller makes the most sense from the most angles. He is the only one currently without an actual class, making him fortune teller would also allow him to become a true member of the group instead of a burden to be protected. And I love the idea of minmax being named chief, though I think it would be thaco considering he was supposed to be chief in the first place. Heck it might even be both, fumbles names minmax as chief, everyone freaks out, and thaco takes charge anyways. But minmax is still "officially" the chief. Even if noone wants to accept it.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

My money's going to Complains of Names being named cheif, has been ever since This page where Cheif dies.

My reasons are thus. Please, consider the following.

Complains is the son of Thaco, who was supposed to be chief to begin with. And Chief was the son of the former chief, and from the outrage that would have sparked if Thaco HAD been named cheif, it's safe to assume that cheif-dom is hereditary at least to a small degree.

Combine that with the fact that Complains was the only one there when Cheif died, and it's sort of like an inheritance thing, there is only one "Son of the cheif" left.

As well, It's a fact in the Thuntverse that Every Goblinoid chief has a tattoo over their right eye. Now look back at the first link i gave. What does Chief do? Places a bloody hand-print right over Complain's right-eye. That's probably not intentional on Chief's part, but it would be a hell of an amazing piece of foreshadowing, especially if out of Respect for Chief, Complains had the tattoo put over his right eye be made in the shape of a Goblin's left hand.

Plus, you know. how awesome would it be to have a half-demon be chief of your clan? I mean the vipers get the probably celestial Duv with them.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

On the topic of if tellers are arcane casters or divine casters, I'd say arcane. Not because of any solid evidence, but because while the GAP have limited divine magic from Big Ears, they have no form of arcane casting at all.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Banned

I don't feel like Kickasso has either the Int to be a wizard, or the Wisdom to be a cleric class. He's got charisma for days though, so maybe he could do something with that.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I don't feel like Kickasso has either the Int to be a wizard, or the Wisdom to be a cleric class. He's got charisma for days though, so maybe he could do something with that.
    Yeah, so Sorcerer sounds good. Bard wouldn't suck either.

Extended sig here.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

fourtone tellers are divine casters. Young and beautiful used divine spells in her fight against forgath, and a chat between Ksseliss and the viper fourtone teller stated that goblin fourtione tellers gain some cleric levels/spells.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    fourtone tellers are divine casters. Young and beautiful used divine spells in her fight against forgath, and a chat between Ksseliss and the viper fourtone teller stated that goblin fourtione tellers gain some cleric levels/spells.
    Oh. Then Cleric it is, I suppose. I presume "smarter than they look" is a cliche for high-Wis, low-Int characters.

Extended sig here.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Isn't Dies already the chief of this tribe?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

possibly? But i don't think so. I think what Dies went through was a ritual that just showed he didn't HAVE a cheif anymore. from what i recall the ritual to actually make him a cheif never happened before things hit the fan.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

New Comic is Up.

Spoiler
    Show

Still too early to tell but...

As well, It's a fact in the Thuntverse that Every Goblinoid chief has a tattoo over their right eye. Now look back at the first link i gave. What does Chief do? Places a bloody hand-print right over Complain's right-eye. That's probably not intentional on Chief's part, but it would be a hell of an amazing piece of foreshadowing

Caaaallled iiiit
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201

Interesting... good guesses, guys. Hit it on the nose.
    Check out our O'Reilly Book, "Creating Augmented and Virtual Realities: Theory and Practice for Next-Generation Spatial Computing"
    I contributed Chapter 13: "Virtual Reality Enterprise Training Use Cases"

22. - Top - End - #202

Ears isn't taking the news very well .

Complains arguments against being the new chief aren't bad. He's also more and more demonic.
    On another hand, the idea that ThacO has only an average of 4 years to live is a bad argument. So what? The idea is to get in contact with the gobgod who did chose ThacO back then.
    Four years on thirty isn't that bad, especially considering the death rate in the clan lately...
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Becoming cheif isn't just a short thing though, it's a lifetime commitment. If Thaco becomes cheif then in four years they'd need to decide a new cheif. if Complains or someone else becomes cheif, then they'd be able to wait longer before stirring up annother Cheif VS Thaco drama
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Quild View Post
    Ears isn't taking the news very well .
    Paladin. What did you expect? Of course he would have choosen extinction over dishonesty.
    And expect everyone to agree. I half expect him to loose his powers for this. Again.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Dude, you don't loose your powers for having an attitude You loose them for willingly going against your code, for killing the innocent, or for doing something unspeakable like killing a god.

If you lost your powers for freaking disagreeing with someone then there wouldn't be any paladins ever.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dude, you don't loose your powers for having an attitude You loose them for willingly going against your code, for killing the innocent, or for doing something unspeakable like killing a god.

If you lost your powers for freaking disagreeing with someone then there wouldn't be any paladins ever.
    Didn't he (almost) loose his powers because he considered the way he attacked Kore with the axe evil?
    While I don't think this will have such an effect it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.
    Okay, claiming that- even if it qualifies as fallworthy -the Tellers lie is on Ears somehow is a bit of a stretch*, but so was the Kore thing.

*Well, without the lie his tribe wouldn't exist anymore and he would most likely be dead so he benefited from an "evil" act. Plus the lie was made by one of the leaders, meaning it is on every member of the tribe.
    As I said, a bit of a stretch.
    They are lucky the Axe didn't break when Ears first picked it up.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Didn't he (almost) loose his powers because he considered the way he attacked Kore with the axe evil?
    You don't "Almost" loose your powers, you either have them or you don't. Plus that had nothing to do with his powers, that was for the Axe breaking. And in all likelyhood, the axe breaking had less to do with Ears attacking Kore and more to do with Fumbles' staff.

And i'm not sure, but i'm pretty sure it was stated that Ears doesn't lie on personal principle, not because it would cost him his powers. idk.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

And i'm not sure, but i'm pretty sure it was stated that Ears doesn't lie on personal principle, not because it would cost him his powers. idk.
    Well, there's the first row of panels of this page. So, yeah, pretty sure it doesn't cost him his powers.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2016-12-06 at 01:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209

Becoming cheif isn't just a short thing though, it's a lifetime commitment. If Thaco becomes cheif then in four years they'd need to decide a new cheif. if Complains or someone else becomes cheif, then they'd be able to wait longer before stirring up annother Cheif VS Thaco drama
    I don't get what's wrong with being picked to a lifetime commitment while you're already old or here: have high chances of dying in adventure like any other pretender.
    I'm not sure of how Chief had been chief. Maybe ThacO already wasn't very young when kills a werebear died.

Even if he does not lose his powers from this, he might think he'll lose them from this.

I think the Fortune Teller did a mistake though. Going against the goblin's god will isn't very smart. And a scission in the clan maybe wouldn't have been that bad. Scission in the clan wouldn't have been worse than everybody dying...
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Actually, Forgath still has the "Axe of Racism". A Klik took a bite out of it, so Forgath, Idle and Bowst have to take care of it, though probably not during this arc.
    As I recall, Kliks take on the attributes of things they eat. So does the Klik that bit the axe now get a bonus against other Kliks? That could be useful given there's that crazed evil one still running around.