New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Indosira: A Bold Beginning

Shalana

Shalana eyes popped when Dacin yelled a warning, she hissed at him, "You idiot, when you choose sides, you can't just go back to skulking."

She began to move without thinking. "The battle line is drawn, I for one will not leave them to their fate."

With that she made her way to climb down at greatest possible speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Climb: (1d20+3)[13]
    Last edited by Valairn; 2007-10-19 at 04:09 PM.
    This avatar brought to you by ThreeShades.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Dacin

Dacin laughed out loud, the sound echoing down the hill, then he called after Shalana in a quieter voice...but still loud enough for her to hear, "What do you expect from me? I've no armor, and I'm armed with a paring knife that I barely know how to use! I'm one of those people that you warrior types are sworn to protect, not a warrior myself!! I fought when there was no choice and to help people I know...not for a total stranger who's as likely to slit my throat as thank me!! And anyway, if yon fellow can't help himself with my warning, my little blade won't save him!"

A thought occured to him suddenly, and he smiled and drew the rune covered bone and brandished it. "But let no one say I didn't at least try to help."

He waved it dramitically as he's seen a musician swing a baton, then pointed it at the princess and yelled, "SANCTIFY!!"
    Shaolin Busboy of the Ninja Waitress Fan Club
    Spoiler
    Show
    'Cause if you're going to be a part of a meaningless organization, you might as well make it the MOST meaningless one available!! And anyway, if anime has taught me anything, its that female ninjas are hot!!

3. - Top - End - #303

Shalana

"A blade is forged with courage, skill is its tempering. If all you have is courage, you still have a blade, and its burning hot, which in the hands of the right person is all the more deadly," she half-yelled this at Dacin as she scrambled down.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Shalana gets in range of combat she will engage anyone attacking the man or moving to attack the man, preferably whoever is closest, I imagine Dacin removed a chance for suprise, so I will roll initiative.

Initiative:(1d20+4)[12]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Worms eyes widen and she shakes her head. Zesh's people had attacked them back in the caves, but that didn't mean they were the enemy here. Especially not if that man was a mage - few, if any, existed in Nasjtor, and magic that could kill was dangerous magic indeed. Visibly flinching as the half-elf and princess prattle loudly, she tugs on Theron's sleeve and falls back on the path, pressing back to a point where she

"Boulon mystérieux! If I had to guess, that's what killed it," she whispers to whoever is nearby as she does her best to sink into the background, trying to hide from the figures below.
    What a fun, sexy time for you!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Halfling in the Playground

And the calm was ended by a shout, all attention turning to Dacin in that moment. Shalana leapt to the edge of the cliff and began to scramble down the rockface as she and the half-elf traded words. Dacin held the bone out before him, fingers wrapped tight around the wider end, and his shout echoed across the mountain. No flash of light or puff of smoke followed the attempt. Then the two creatures hiding behind the rockface interrupted their coversation with crossbow bolts.

The princess, unable to make any attempt to avoid it from her perch, caught a bolt in the hip. Her leg slipped at the eruption of pain but her fingers held fast and she dropped the last few feet to the snow-covered ground. The rocks that the creature's were using for cover prevented them from following up on that attack.

Dacin felt the bolt score up his arm, drawing blood before it sailed off into the fog. The shock almost sent the bone spiraling from his grasp. Then Theron was beside him, a hand on his shoulder as the prince attempted to shove him back towards Worm. "Get away from the edge!"

Darien, perched on the edge overlooking the two creatures, can see them fumbling to reload their weapons. He can also make out a motion by one of them in the direction of the cave entrance, now also beneath him. A motion that indicated something was in there as well. The beast make no indication of knowing that he is there, just 10 feet above their heads.

The man, seemingly startled by all the ruckus, slams the book closed and focuses his attention back on the cave. The woman behind him leaned out from her tree and nocked an arrow, sweeping the tip across the cliff cautiously.

Mechanics

Ok, here is where it gets ugly. If you intend to do bad things to the kobolds or the peoples you need to roll some initiative.

Dice

Shalana - 3 Damage
    Dacin - 2 Damage

Initiatives

Ahua 20, Darien 17 (Delaying to 14ish), Bow Woman 16, Book Man 14, Shalana 12, Kobolds 11, Theron 9, Dacin 8
    Last edited by DoNotFearToTread; 2007-10-22 at 10:00 PM.
    "Through the darkness of future past
    the magician longs to see
    one chants out between two worlds
    fire...walk with me." -- Twin Peaks

"I have emerged from the place of
    spells and fairies!" -- Bender, 'Futurama'

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Dacin

Dacin slipped behind the cliff back towards Worm, swearing under his breath the whole time. Whether he was angriest at the kobolds, Theron, Shalana, or himself wasn't immediately apparent...even to himself.

Ignoring his wound for the moment, he showed the bone to Worm, "Okay, that didn't work. Maybe it needs to be said in the language its written in? How do you say 'sanctify' in that tongue? Of course, maybe Zesh just lied to me, but since I ain't heading any closer than this...and neither are you if you're smart...maybe we can try and figure this thing out in time to do some good. What do you think?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+3)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    'Cause if you're going to be a part of a meaningless organization, you might as well make it the MOST meaningless one available!! And anyway, if anime has taught me anything, its that female ninjas are hot!!

7. - Top - End - #307
    Banned

Prince Darien

Sod! Damn page took matters into his own hands, and Shalana's got another wound for her recklessness. Dammit, Theron, you want to make the decisions, make them faster!
    The younger prince draws his side-sword and casts a glance first at the man with the book and then at Theron, waiting a few moments. Before he commits to an action he can't take back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative, Tumble check to not take damage: 1d20+5=17; 1d20+4=18
    Tumble check is going to wait for if/when Darien jumps down; I'm delaying until after Bow Woman and Book Man.

8. - Top - End - #308

Shalana

Shalana spit into the snow, anger and frustration coursed through her. How could she have been so stupid. Fire burned in her eyes, drawing her sword she stood a bit wobbly. Another scar in the making, another lesson for her to remember.

Looking at her hip she knew she had to get out of the line of fire, there was no helping it. She made for the trees keeping a wary eye on the rocks where the kobolds lurked behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shalana takes a total defense standard action, while moving towards the trees with her move action, if she makes it to the trees, she attempts to get cover behind them.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Doing her best to appear invisible against the snowy backdrop, Worm watches in horror as several of her compatriots charge yet again into a dangerous and uncertain situation. When Dacin approaches her, she gives the wound on his arm a worried look, then frowns at the page.

"I don't know the language it's written in, if you can even call it a language - I mean, it's magic and words, combined, sort of. And I think it's a wand, but um, they're kind of tricky, and I don't have a whole bunch of experience with them, but the ones I did went kinda like -" She takes the bone from his hand and raises it into the air, pulling it back a bit and then snapping it forward with a flourish of her wrist.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Banned

Prince Darien

There's a moment of hestiation in which only the kobolds fumble with their bows. With a silent oath and a hope that the other critter won't get its bow loaded and finish Shalana off or nail him before he can deal with it, Darien breaks cover, pushing himself over the ledge he's crouching on; his legs bend as he lands beside one of the kobolds, and he straightens into a hop that he follows with a straight-armed lunge for the kobold's chest.

Spoiler
    Show
    1d20+6=24 - should be +4, for 22
    Confirmation: 1d20+4=10 - not so much.
    Damage: 1d6=4

11. - Top - End - #311

Ahua of Chamahez

Ahua watches as suddenly his Large-World companions seem to burst into activity around him. He trudges forward slowly, still holding himself, to see what the source of all the calamity is. When he spies the battle taking place down below, a sudden jolt of adrenaline shakes some of the cold from his mind (and his limbs).

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I'll play now!
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[20]
    "This man wishes to be accorded the same privilege as a sponge!" - Henry Drummond, Inherit the Wind

12. - Top - End - #312

Ahua finds himself on the edge of the cliff, staring down towards the clearing. The man extends his forefinger and traces a circle in the air in front of him. A few muttered words accompany the gesture and there is an odd popping sound that quickly fades under the whining of the wind. A moment later Darien drops from his perch, disappearing over the side.

Catching his footing on a crack in the wall, the young prince flips end over end before hitting the ground on his feet and hopping forward with a swipe of his blade. The beasts, caught completely unawares, turn their attention to this new arrival. One of them catches steel in the chest, the thin leathers it is wearing part easily beneath the blade and Darien feels the resistance as he cuts deep through the beast's hide. It crumples to the side, dropping it's weapon and exhaling a gurgled screech.

Shalana rallies herself and begans a hasty retreat to a small clump of trees near the cliffside. Huddling behind one, she can see the events transpire from relative safety.

Kobolds, six of them, charge out of the cave mouth. The two in the back stop and fire on the man with their crossbows before discarding them as their companions continue forward, blades in hand. The bolts follow an unerring course towards the man only to shatter against some invisible barrier in front of him. He flips open the book again, eyes focused on the pages. The woman lets loose an arrow that catches one of the charging creatures and sends it sprawling backwards onto the snow.

The kobold facing off against Darien discards his weapon in favor of a blade and slashes it wildly at the prince, the weapons sliding against each other in an elaborate series of lunges and parries.

Theron's curse cuts through the noise below, his eyes narrowed as he backs up several steps. "Fools, both of them." With a flexing of his legs to lead him off he charges to the edge and jumps, hanging in the air for a moment. Then he disappears over the side, coming down on the back of one of the rearguard kobolds and driving the creature down into the snow. The other, having replaced his crossbow with a small hand-axe, rounds on Theron as he comes up from the crouch.

Dacin and Worm, safe from the battle below, find their further experiementation with the rib to have no noteworthy results. It simply hangs in the apprentice's hand, content to be waved about in a senseless manner.

Round 1/2 Mechanics

Initiatives

Ahua 20, Book Man 14, Darien 13, Shalana 12, Bow Woman 11, Kobolds 11, Theron 9, Dacin 8

13. - Top - End - #313
    Banned

Prince Darien

Thank the gods for my time on the border. This'd be a damn sight harder if I hadn't fought on uneven ground before... not much like fencing in a salle.
    Darien's expression is grim as he meets Theron's, and then glances away to Shalana, both to check on her and to make a point to his brother. His blade swipes intentionally high, leaving a gaping opening; the kobold he's fighting takes the invitation and comes in under it, cutting low for his legs, only to have Darien leap over the crouching thing and, with a long croisé that turns into a crouching skitter, come up behind the kobold fighting Theron. His side-sword comes up and around, the point piercing the thing's side as it thrusts at his brother.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble: 1d20+4=16 to get into a flanking position without AoOs.
    Attack: 1d20+6=22 - wow, I'm using up my good luck for the rest of the game - for 1d6=5 points.
    Last edited by Rachel Lorelei; 2007-10-23 at 08:30 AM.

14. - Top - End - #314

Shalana

Shalana peers from behind the tree seeing Darien and Theron battle the kobolds. They had made it seem easy to engage them, and all she had done was through her body into some arrows. She was a fool, rushing headlong into things without regard for her own safety or the safety of her friends. They were fighting for her, and she felt the waves of shame fall down around her, tiredness and stress beat at her defenses and the walls came crashing down. She leaned against the tree next to her and slumped.

The fire in her blood turned to ice. She would not forget today. Standing she readied herself, but waited for her nerves to solidify. If a blade was forged with courage, then she would find courage, and not foolhardiness.

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: I changed my characters response, this is more appopriate, ignore the roll warning. I had rolled to attack, I'm quite certain she wouldn't have attacked.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Valairn; 2007-10-23 at 10:03 AM.

15. - Top - End - #315

Planetar

Raite

"Preneur take all fools and kings," Raite swears as the two princes drop into the melee below. Rushing to the edge, he leaps after them, wondering as he lands why it is that nobility exhibits such precious little common sense. Focusing once again on his duty, the kingdom's newest Vigilant draws his sword and takes stock of the fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative is 5 from dice thread. (joints in my armor must be freezing)
    Jump: (1d20-1)[18]
    Last edited by ajw79; 2007-10-24 at 11:42 AM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Dacin

Ignoring the chaos below, Dacin shook his head at Worm, "No, no, no!! There wouldn't be a word on there if just flicking it was all you had to do. Besides, Zesh said it 'helps you fight better' so you need to designate a target, and you didn't do that just waving it around!!"

He frowned at her, "Look, our firends are fighting for their lives down there, so quit messing about! I know those magic words can be said outloud, I've seen and heard you read them aloud from that book of yours!! Treat this wand thing like a book, and SAY the word on there while pointing it at someone!! Or, if you don't wanna, the tell ME the word, and I'LL try it!! It IS mine you know!!"
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah? Well for knowing so much, you sure don't seem to understand that loud noises attract attention!" she practically shouts back in Dacin's face.

"And you don't know as much as you think, because this isn't written in the same language as my spells, it isn't a language I know! And yes, you point wands at the target, but I don't know what it does and neither do you and I'm not going to risk zapping our friends, who are fighting because of you, with lightning on Zesh's word, you stupid, selfish brat!" And then she turns and hurls the rib over the precipice, finishing the action with a glare in Dacin's direction.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Dacin

Dacin stared at Worm for a moment, then his voice went quiet, and cold. "So I should have let that man get shot by the creatures, then? And trying to figure this out quickly to help the others? That's selfish? I see you're as stupid as ever. Selfish would be slitting your throat while no one's looking, taking your precious book, and disappearing forever. Selfish would be running off with Zesh when I had the chance and letting you lot rot without letting you know where the escape tunnel is. Selfish would be throwing away a chance to help people you're supposed to care about because you can't be bothered to try and figure out how something works."

He sneered at her, "But I guess you'd know...you're the expert, after all."

Dacin shrugged, "But you just stay up here where its safe and pretend you're the giving, helpful, generous one. I'll take my selfish self down there and go help out."

He stalked away without another word, looking for a way down that would keep him out of sight of the battle as long as possible. He also kept an eye out for his wand. If the stupid brat hadn't broken it, maybe it could still be salvaged...

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide - (1d20+3)[19]
    Climb - (1d20+1)[18]
    (Unless I can take 10 on the Climb while still Hiding, in which case I'll do that.)
    Search - (1d20+4)[17]
    Last edited by jng2058; 2007-10-23 at 10:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319

Ahua of Chamahez

Thump-thump. Thump-thump.

Ahua's ears are filled with the sounds of the wardrums beating in his temples. His numb fingers squeeze tighter around his spear, and he lets out his shrill battle cry once again. For the moment, at least, the biting cold is forgotten as a thrust from his legs sends the tiny warrior sailing over the edge of the small bluff.

"GYAI!"

With a harder thump than he expected (his legs don't seem to be bending as well as they should), Ahua squats low to minimize his profile as he gets his footing.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action - Hop off the edge! Jump: (1d20+5)[17]
    Standard action - Full Defense action
    Last edited by TheGreatJabu; 2007-10-24 at 12:04 AM.
    "This man wishes to be accorded the same privilege as a sponge!" - Henry Drummond, Inherit the Wind

20. - Top - End - #320

The halfling disappears over the edge of the cliff and lands with a *thump* in the cushion of snow below him. Crouched there, he has a fine vantage point to make out the entirety of the scene.

The man runs his finger over a page in his book and begins to speak, his words caught by the battle and scattered by the wind. He extends a hand outwards towards the approaching creatures and the air between them shimmers. Small globes of light, like water rippling in the air, cut across the distance and collide with one of the beasts. It spins, a screech of pain cutting through the air, and sprawls out lifeless onto the snow.

Darien darts past his opponent, twisting past the creature's blade and rolling out from behind the rock. He comes up behind the axe-wielder and thrusts his blade deep into the creature's side. It rounds, the blade ripping free, and narrowed red eyes set on Darien with rage. The shrill cry that it gives as it hefts its weapon is unsettling.

The lead koblold continues its charge but stops abruptly as an arrow sprouts from its chest. It staggers a few feet forward, struggling, but falls still at the feet of the book man.

The two kobolds from the middle of the group turn back to meet with this new threat. They charge Theron and drive their blades forward, the desperation at being surrounded clear in their manner. The prince pivots away from the first strike, only to connect with the second, a fresh slash drawing blood from across his stomach. The axe-wielder swings his weapon in an upward arc and it cuts deep into the younger prince's side. The pain is numbed only slightly by the cold, fresh blood staining the fine fabric's of Darien's outfit. The creature then drops back and readies for a second swing, clearly more skilled in battle than the other's they have faced. A shriek rises up from behind Darien as the creature he abandoned runs up and drives his blade into the prince's back, a fresh flood of agony coursing through the boy's body.

Theron steadies himself and turns, trying to face both his opponents. The shriek from behind his brother draws his attention away from them and he drops into a crouch, pulling the knife out of the hand of the creature he'd crushed in his descent and sending it end over end towards the kobold. It skims past Darien's arm and drive's deep into the creature's chest, sending it staggering backwards. It looks at the weapon, a look of confusion settling on its beastial face before it sinks to it's knees and falls forward into the snow. The axe-wielder steals a look at Theron but opts to keep his attention on Darien, the sword presenting a greater danger.

The wand leaves Worm's hand and flips through the air, vanishing from sight. Ahua, still safe from attack and vigilant in his watch over the area, sees the stick fall through the air and disappear into the snow near a stump. Dacin reaches the bottom of the cliff and turns to look for his property, pressing his back to the cliff to remain inconspicuous. The area offers little cover for sneaking but nobody seems to be paying attention to Dacin. The princes, bloodied and outnumbered, have other things on their mind. However, the vastness of snow will make for a daunting and lengthy search.

Raite hits the ground and staggers a bit, his armor working against his balance, but he rights himself in time to assess the battle. The princes are still engaged by three of the creatures, the only three still standing in fact.

Round 2/3 Mechanics

Dice

Darien - 4 Damage

Initiatives

Ahua 20, Book Man 14, Darien 13, Shalana 12, Bow Woman 11, Kobolds 11, Theron 9, Dacin 8, Worm 8, Raite 5
    Last edited by DoNotFearToTread; 2007-10-24 at 01:03 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321

Planetar

Raite

Raite steadies himself after the abrupt stop at the end of his jump and joins the fight at Theron's side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Raite will move as necessary and make a standard attack against any enemy still standing when initiative 5 rolls around.
    To hit: (1d20+3)[23]
    Damage: (2d6+3)[10]
    Last edited by ajw79; 2007-10-24 at 04:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322

Planetar

Raite

Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm Critical: (1d20+3)[21]
    Extra Damage: (2d6+4)[11] I've just realized I should be getting +4 to my damage for Raite's strength bonus as he's wielding a two-handed weapon... not that it should make much difference to this poor kobold.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Banned

Prince Darien

Darien gives a choked-off cry of pain that turns into a strangled hiss as the axe bites into his side and something else into his back; he staggers--keeping, commendably, his blade up.
    Taker's balls! That *hurts*--stupid mistake, turning my back--missed the spine--it should heal--when'd Theron get good? Guess I wasn't the only one practicing...
    Right hand going around his torso to clutch his side, Darien turns and performs an odd shuffling step combined with a seemingly too-wide parry, Velaxian style; when the axe starts to come in again, he catches it with his wepon, moves it cross-body, then disengages from the axe faster than the kobold wielding it can recover; as it staggers forward, Darien's foot stomps down and his blade extends in a stop-thrust that goes right through the kobold's throat. Hastily, we whirls and skitters to the side, shifting until he's beside Theron, his blade warning one of the kobolds menacing his brother back.
    "Nice throw. Start thinking about what you're going to tell those two, brother," he manages to get out through pain and battle-focus, meaning the mage and the archer. "Better not be the truth."

By the time Raite gets there, the axe-wielder is already dead. There is not, however, a dearth of other targets.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fighting defensively, +2 AC -4 AB, still flanking.
    1d20+2=20 to hit, 1d6=4 damage.
    Crit confirm and extra damage:: 1d20+2=15, 1d6=2
    Last edited by Rachel Lorelei; 2007-10-24 at 01:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324

Shalana

The cold wind blew Shalana's hair about, and it suited her mood. Watching the battle unfold she knew it was time for her to move. Gathering herself, she could feel the fire begin to course through her veins, and like a fire it suddenly exploded.

She charged into the fray, the fire in her eyes was almost visible. Lifting her sword she brought it down onto the kobold. The fire burned even hotter as the blade struck the kobold true. Shalana then shifted her weight to gain some balance from her headlong charge.

Spoiler
    Show
    To Hit: (1d20+5)[24] +2 from Charge, her AC is -2 for duration of round
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6]
    Last edited by Valairn; 2007-10-24 at 02:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325

Ahua of Chamahez

HP: 4/6
    AC: 11 (counting Charge penalty)
    Init: 20

The little Evisan-that-could bounds forward through this rotten "snow" covering the ground, seeking to let out all his cold-inspired wrath out upon the nearby Small-Lizards. Locking both hands into their places on his weapon, he lets his speed and momentum carry the tip through the creature's hide.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: You know, I think most of the critters are dead already but hey - Ahua's initiative is higher, so I may as well try to steal someone's kill.

CHARGE:
    Attack (1d20+6)[23] Damage (1d6+3)[9]
    Last edited by TheGreatJabu; 2007-10-24 at 05:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

Worm rolls her eyes at the page's back and blows a bang from her eye. That was the problem with some people, they only heard what they wanted to hear. Scrambling toward the cliff edge, she peers at the battle below, her eyes popping wide open when the man flings his spell at the creature, the argument forgotten in an instant as considers the possible meaning behind the man's presence in her head.

Contemplation is cut short as she sees the kobolds set upon the princes, and she snatches up a nearby rock, packing snow tightly around it. What was it the kids at the orphanage used to call it? Oh, right - a surprise. Poking her tongue between her teeth, she pulls back and lets the snowball fly at one of the kobolds threatening the prince.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Dacin

Dacin took in the scene. The battle had become a rout, at least as far as he could tell. The few remaining "kobolds" vanished beneath Darien, Shalana, and Raite's blades, so the fight seemed as good as won.

The half-elf headed towards the man with the book cautiously and with his hands open so that the sniper in the woods knew he was no threat, and said with a bow, "Are you alright sir? It looked like those things may have had the drop on you...I'm glad we seem to have arrived in time!"

He smiled, "And if it's not too much trouble, perhaps you could tell us where we are? My friends and I had the misfortune to be lost in those dreadful caverns for what seems like forever, and we'd be ever so grateful if you could help us get our bearings!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy - (1d20+6)[15]
    Dunno if I need it, but its my best skill, so I don't mind rolling it!!
    Last edited by jng2058; 2007-10-26 at 02:22 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328

The halfling bounds forward, catching one of the kobolds unawares and skewering him on the tribal weapon. The creature has but a moment to twitch before the spear it withdrawn and it falls to the ground.

The man with the book flips it open again, his eyes no longer on the creatures. He seems to study the princes and their companions as he traces his fingers along the pages.

Darien's thrust finds a home in the axe-wielder's throat, sending it sprawling away as Darien steps into position beside his brother. Theron shifts his attention away for a moment. "Nice? That was one in a million! You think only you can throw a knife? I can throw a knife all over the place." An odd moment of levity in a gradually fading battle.

Shalana reappears, crossing the snow at a rabbit's pace, and her sword cuts across the last kobold's arm with a precise slash. It spins to focus on her but an arrow catches it in the chest, dropping it to the snow. The moment is oddly silent, the sounds of battle fading into echoes.

Then a clawed hand thrusts up from the snow at Theron's feet. The creature he'd taken down with his landing scrambles up, its movements fast and unpredicatable. Darien's blade sweeps out instinctively and cuts deep into the creature's back but the kobold isn't fazed. One hand lashes out toward's Theron's injury, tearing at the stomach wound with ferocity. Theron staggers back, bumping into Shalana and kicking the creature away.

The kobold staggers at the kick but only stops as a ball of snow cracks it upside the back of the head. Dazed, it spins around in search of the source of the attack. Before it can recover and renew it's assault Raite steps in and brings his sword down on it, cleaving the beast from head to heel. The pulpy mess that remains is barely recognizable as the creature it once was.

Theron reaches out and takes Darien's shoulder in his grasp, tighter than is comfortable. "Maybe...this time...you should do the talking." His eyes sweep across the area as if he were searching for something. "Looks safe enough now..." His words trail off as he sinks to his knees and falls backwards into the snow.

The man slaps the book closed as Dacin draws near, his eyes focused on the page. He considers the words for a moment, then makes a motion towards the cave with his free hand. His voice is light and relaxed considering all that's occurred. "Lost, are you? This is Nasjtor, boy. High up in the Spine."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Momentarily delighted that she actually managed to hit the thing, Worm quickly deflates as Prince Theron collapses into the snow. "Oh no," she murmurs, scrambling over the edge of the cliff and scrambling down it as quickly as her icy fingers and underdeveloped muscles will allow, dropping the last couple feet and scurrying across the snow to the prince.

"Your majesty," she whispers, looking helplessly at the wound and then at Darien. "I don't have any magic for this, and everyone's hurt at least some - we gotta ask these people for help. Do you know Spine-Speak? I can translate," she offers, pressing the ragged of her robe against Theron's wound with both hands, biting her lip and waiting for Darien to take the lead.
    Last edited by slapdash; 2007-10-26 at 05:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330

Shalana

Shalana went before Darien and bowed her head. "I am sorry I acted rashly and put all of us in danger. I will not repeat the mistake." She lifted her head after she said it and looking a bit uncomfortable she said, "If it doesn't trouble you too much Darien, I could use some help removing this bolt. " The tears in her clothes were evident now, what had once been a beautiful dress, was nothing more than rags now, hanging strangely from places and stretched and torn for moving in ways it had never been intended to.

She was disgusted with herself. She looked and was a great big fool. The burning in her hip was a painful reminder of it all. A tear managed to break from her, but she wiped it away in disgust, while she waited for a response from the prince.
    Last edited by Valairn; 2007-10-27 at 12:58 AM.