New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445
Results 1,321 to 1,345 of 1345
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Banned

Beholder

Default Re: Master of Shadows II(COUNTERING FAMOUS OPTIMIZED CHARACTERS BUILDS)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fau View Post
    Craft Contingent Spell disagrees with you. And there are other contingencies beyond just Time Stop (you seriously think that one Time Stop contingency is all that H.I.V.E could possibly have?).
    Its nice, summons with xp! i love it.
    We will fight for high speed and nothing change.
    My countingency counter it.
    Last edited by ragevillain; 2016-08-30 at 12:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Master of Shadows II(COUNTERING FAMOUS OPTIMIZED CHARACTERS BUILDS)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fau View Post
    Secondly, the Hivemind rules state that they need to be within 10ft of at least one other individual creature in the hivemind itself. You can actually set it up so that a single hivemind is spread out over a 10ft cube, which is significantly bigger than the area of a Gust of Wind spell. All you do is separate one part of the hivemind, and this doesn't counter any potential contingencies the hives may have.

Craft Contingent Spell disagrees with you. And there are other contingencies beyond just Time Stop (you seriously think that one Time Stop contingency is all that H.I.V.E could possibly have?).
    Also take note it doesn't say every individual must be within ten feet of EVERY other individual. 10ft cube? FEH! We can cover the hole of observable reality in them and still observe that rule even if we had to do so past formation. We don't. But it REALLY isn't a meaningful limitation.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Master of Shadows(COUNTERING FAMOUS OPTIMIZED CHARACTERS BUILDS)

Quote Originally Posted by ragevillian's definition of infinite loop
    Any action that may be abusable accumulating the same effect repeatedly, even if it really is not infinite
    Quote Originally Posted by ragevillian's character on taint and feats
    Embrace the Dark Chaos/Shun the Dark Chaos/Pysichic Reformation/Retraining rules:
    7 Site locations( Othy Hole, Metamagic Storm and others ): 7 bonus feat

Evil Subtype and Undead are ignore tainted negative effect.
    The limit for tainted score will be the maximum that it can survive without evil subtype . Avoiding the infinite loop.
    So he has already violated his own infinite loop rules twice in the build already, and we haven't even gotten to the part of the build where he buys a Psicrown of Metafaculty which costs 614,750gp, presumably he introduces a third infinite loop in the form of Wished items.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Banned

Beholder

OMG? Where my thread?

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ragevillain View Post
    OMG? Where my thread?
    The mods judged it to be the same thread as this one, so they merged it. Ask them to lock this one if you want to start a new one (and tell them you want to start a new one when you ask them to lock this one).
    "It doesn't matter how much you struggle or strive,
    You'll never get out of life alive,
    So please kill yourself and save this land,
    And your last mission is to spread my command,"

Slightly adapted quote from X-Fusion, Please Kill Yourself

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Banned

Beholder

Okay, I managed to save the changes.
    Last edited by ragevillain; 2016-08-30 at 12:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Banned

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Beheld View Post
    So he has already violated his own infinite loop rules twice in the build already, and we haven't even gotten to the part of the build where he buys a Psicrown of Metafaculty which costs 614,750gp, presumably he introduces a third infinite loop in the form of Wished items.
    Its only 90k.

Sorry double.
    Last edited by ragevillain; 2016-08-30 at 12:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Troll in the Playground

Its only 90k.

Sorry double.
    You need to adjust the price for the XP component.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Banned

Beholder

still 140k

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Also still have a listed 80 str. If you're incorporeal, your str is -.
    Last edited by LTwerewolf; 2016-08-30 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fresh and exciting doesn't exist in a game that's almost old enough to drive. Which is why it's extra fun every time someone comes in to say that no, fighters are totally a real character class, because you all missed that one thing or that other one thing and once I saw a fighter beat up a squirrel.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Troll in the Playground

still 140k
    And how much of your WBL did you have before you bought that? After using the DCFS multiple times?

Oh, and this is important:

Metafaculty can defeat spells, powers, and special abilities such as screen or mind blank (or even a wish spell) that normally obscure clairsentience powers. You can attempt a caster level check (DC 6 + caster level of the creator of the obscuring effect) to defeat these sorts of otherwise impervious defenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I.V.E
    Casts Spells as a 4787 Level Sorcerer
    Are you saying you can beat that CL?

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Banned

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    Also still have a listed 80 str. If you're incorporeal, your str is -.
    Thanks, I forgot.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Barbarian in the Playground

still 140k
    Still using infinite loops in your build.
    Useful tips and hints for those wanting to try DDO out but are new (click the link and help my friend get 1 step closer to becoming a full time blogger) :)
    http://mylifeinstormreach.blogspot.com/

14. - Top - End - #1334

ElfWarriorGuy

still 140k
    No, for every point of exp, it's 5 gold. If it doesn't have a limited number of charges, it's 500 gold per xp. That puts a command word activated item of metafaculty at 500,000 gold just for the exp, before the gold for the rest of it. For a command word item it's 9x17x1800 which is 275,400. That means your entire thing costs 775,400. Psicrown is only slightly less than that.
    Last edited by LTwerewolf; 2016-08-30 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fresh and exciting doesn't exist in a game that's almost old enough to drive. Which is why it's extra fun every time someone comes in to say that no, fighters are totally a real character class, because you all missed that one thing or that other one thing and once I saw a fighter beat up a squirrel.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

still 140k
    "must provide any focus the spells require as well as material and XP component costs sufficient to activate the spell a maximum number of times"

"Unless otherwise stated, a psicrown has power points equal to 50 × its manifester level when created."

So that's 50 uses of Metafaculty, which comes out to 25000 extra GP. So not 600k, merely 300k.

Well I mean, I suppose you can always just Supernaturally Wish up more using the infinite loops that the Master of Shadows uses that no one else is allowed to use.
    Last edited by Beheld; 2016-08-30 at 12:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1336

SamuraiGuy

Also, please explain how you are qualifying for Dwoemerkeeper, as Divine Sorcerer and Divine Stalwart do not provide Divine Spellcasting
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
    Also, please explain how you are qualifying for Dwoemerkeeper, as Divine Sorcerer and Divine Stalwart do not provide Divine Spellcasting
    He just won't accept his flawed entry to Dwoemerkeeper, we already established that Domain Access won't give divine spellcasting.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

18. - Top - End - #1338

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    He just won't accept his flawed entry to Dwoemerkeeper, we already established that Domain Access won't give divine spellcasting.
    Well, I helped erase his original character from existence. I thought i might as well try and help him rebuild by reminding him about the flaws that need to be addressed. And since we have other folks pointing out the Metafaculty problem, I thought I'd remind him of this one too.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Banned

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
    Well, I helped erase his original character from existence. I thought i might as well try and help him rebuild by reminding him about the flaws that need to be addressed. And since we have other folks pointing out the Metafaculty problem, I thought I'd remind him of this one too.
    Welcome back again little boy.
    You just a frustrated guy who was sad because he lost a duel.

But you're still very funny.

Spoiler: When I see you
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    Also take note it doesn't say every individual must be within ten feet of EVERY other individual. 10ft cube? FEH! We can cover the hole of observable reality in them and still observe that rule even if we had to do so past formation. We don't. But it REALLY isn't a meaningful limitation.
    I need only disjoin / Wind Gust / Enigma Aura / Evil Weather / Antimagic Field against H.I.V.E and then kill him .
    Last edited by ragevillain; 2016-08-30 at 06:53 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1340

SamuraiGuy

I need only disjoin / Wind Gust / Enigma Aura / Evil Weather / Antimagic Field against H.I.V.E and then kill him .
    I know I'm hilarious, but not as amusing as you. I don't really think anyone in this thread agrees with you about whether or not I lost the duel, but it hardly matters. Your build is still illegal.

And you still haven't defeated Khepri.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Banned

Beholder

Default Re: Lord of the Sevenfold Shadows(COUNTERING FAMOUS OPTIMIZED CHARACTERS BUILDS)

Link Khepri

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

See this? You've been doing it throughout this thread. Stop it.

Personal attacks on other posters are uncalled for. Stop it.

You're here to defend your build. That's fine. Do that. You don't need to call people "little boy" or things like that.

You can do better than that.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Banned

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    See this? You've been doing it throughout this thread. Stop it.

Personal attacks on other posters are uncalled for. Stop it.

You're here to defend your build. That's fine. Do that. You don't need to call people "little boy" or things like that.

You can do better than that.
    Ok , I agree with you

24. - Top - End - #1344

SamuraiGuy

Ok , I agree with you
    Good to hear you're going to be reasonable. So, before you go on about tactics for countering any other builds, can we please address the issues with yours?

Would you like me to list everything out again that's wrong so you can make a more concise attempt?

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Lord of the Sevenfold Shadows(COUNTERING FAMOUS OPTIMIZED CHARACTERS BUILDS)

Mod of the Broken Pattern: Thread Locked for review. Per the forum rules, remember that re-starting a closed thread without permission is against the rules.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.