New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Revenge of the true master arcane(COUNTERING FAMOUS OPTIMIZED CHARACTERS BUILDS)

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    awww, I was gonna grab the popcorn.

If I call for one of our heroes, does that make me a damsel in distress? Red Fel, Red Fel, Red Fel!

Wait. I see Taint rules. So taint but no infinite loops? I mean, I think most T'OP builds aren't truly infinite, so they're fair play?
    TREMBLE WITH FEAR, MORTALS, FOR I HAVE COME TO-

... is that popcorn? Dude, don't hog the popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Don't bother the dark one, he left these "builds" in the trash months ago the last time around. He has better things to do.
    I honestly don't even know what's going on here. It looks like somebody posted something, claimed it was unfinished and took it down, and now everyone is commenting on how this bears a shocking resemblance to something that happened awhile back which we probably shouldn't be discussing you guys because reasons.

Mostly I'm just here for the nachos. Someone remembered nachos, right?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Revenge of the true master arcane(COUNTERING FAMOUS OPTIMIZED CHARACTERS BUILDS)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I honestly don't even know what's going on here.

This is nacho average thread, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

I honestly don't even know what's going on here. It looks like somebody posted something, claimed it was unfinished and took it down, and now everyone is commenting on how this bears a shocking resemblance to something that happened awhile back which we probably shouldn't be discussing you guys because reasons.

As previously mentioned, I have lots of tortilla chips (and now salsa as well), but I assumed somebody else would be bringing the cheese.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Dang it Red Fel, I don't want you getting your lawful tendancies all up in my nacho and popcorn enjoyment! Your regulations stifle my creativity!

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Dascarletm, Spinner of Rudiplorked Tales, and Purveyor of Puns
    Thanks to Artman77 for the avatar!
    Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessGnome View Post
    ...What is happening here?
    Something beautiful, my friend. Something that will boil your eyes with it's radiance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragevillain View Post
    But I think for this particular build the sorcerer has advantage..
    Spoiler
    Show
    If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Honestly, I think these threads (if this is, in fact, one of the aforementioned threads) are good for the community as a whole.
    I mean, really, we've got running gags, reaction gifs, snacks, Evil Overlords...
    Say what you want about OP, he's bringing The Playground together.

I reserve the right to retract this statement once the actual debating begins
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Honestly, I think these threads (if this is, in fact, one of the aforementioned threads) are good for the community as a whole.
    I mean, really, we've got running gags, reaction gifs, snacks, Evil Overlords...
    Say what you want about OP, he's bringing The Playground together.

I reserve the right to retract this statement once the actual debating begins
    I agree - forums are usually very impersonal: you know what users think but next to nothing about who they are; this kind of thread is a very fun and unexpected surprise

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Damn you, now I want nachos.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

So, he has some sort of build.

I don't see why that should evoke these reactions.
    Let him have his build.
    And his cake.
    And nachos.

DAMNIT I'M HUNGRY.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calthropstu View Post
    Damn you,

Seriously, this thread is all hype and no payoff. Can I go back to my private hell now? I was ordering a pizza.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Calthropstu View Post
    So, he has some sort of build.

I don't see why that should evoke these reactions.
    Let him have his build.
    And his cake.
    And nachos.

DAMNIT I'M HUNGRY.
    Short answer: It shouldn't evoke these reactions. The forum is being excessively toxic for no good reason.

@Red Fel
    You were ordering pizza? Why are you waiting around here for? Nachos can be good and all but almost nothing beats pizza.
    Last edited by OldTrees1; 2016-08-17 at 04:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by OldTrees1 View Post
    Short answer: It shouldn't evoke these reactions. The forum is being excessively toxic for no good reason.

@Red Fel
    You were ordering pizza? Why are you waiting around here for? Nachos can be good and all but almost nothing beats pizza.
    Old trees, if you are <i>insinuating</i> that i am the one being excessively toxic you need to go reread my posts. Ive been nothing but exuberant about this. I love a lorddrako build!

That being said, i fear i was too quick on calling him out and i may have frightened him off. Like a hesitant turtle he has taken his toy and slithered back into his shell. Sorry about that guys!

*is waiting to pick up indian takeout for dinner, sorry im missing out on the nacho pizza*
    Last edited by Gallowglass; 2016-08-17 at 05:16 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowglass View Post
    Old trees, if you are <i>insinuating</i> that i am the one being excessively toxic you need to go reread my posts. Ive been nothing but exuberant about this. I love a lorddrako build!

That being said, i fear i was too quick on calling him out and i may have frightened him off. Like a hesitant turtle he has taken his toy and slithered back into his shell. Sorry about that guys!
    No, while your initial 2 posts could be misread (I do apologize about that), I do not think you are being excessively toxic. The toxicity is more a result of the chain of signalling that followed rather than an individual's intention.

Turtles are known to retreat if the climate is not conducive to their activity.
    Last edited by OldTrees1; 2016-08-17 at 05:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

There was a villain handbook?

And what's the point of countering famous builds? At least, for TO that supposedly just aims to beat punpun, the point is showcasing beating the supposed most powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

If this is toxicity, I think some of the other forums might make you physically sick.
    If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Hum!

I was reading the build on my phone and then when I went to post puff. Gone. Dammit the hype.

Spoiler: Joining the popcorn crowd though
    Show
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

@Red Fel
    One, because I was called, I made the trip across the planes, and thrice damnit, I want a show for my troubles.

Two, do you know how long those deliveries can take? My last one took a quarter of a century. I ended up having to send a minion to kill the delivery guy while he was thinking lecherous thoughts simply to get him down here with my pizza already.

We're keeping him waiting in the sixth lobby. That's the one next to the scream room. Let him wait for delivery for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    There was a villain handbook?
    Um... Hi? Have we, you know, met? I mean, I made a thing and everything.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Is OP really claiming to have a build that counters all of these, many of which come online much earlier than 20th level? I'd say anyone who tries to do that is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowglass View Post
    Its Metamagic, so perhaps it shapes your spell into the form of former Chicago mayor Richard Daley. You know, so you can throw a Firedaley at people instead of a fireball.

you know, this guy, on fire, streaking toward you then exploding.
    Spell Thematics (Richard Daley) is totally going in my next caster build.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Flickerdart, you're beautiful.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2016-08-18 at 09:47 AM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Banned

Beholder

Already finished , lacking only show how to kill everyone, for obvious reasons I do not use infinite loops

20. - Top - End - #50

Already finished , lacking only show how to kill everyone, for obvious reasons I do not use infinite loops
    Right folks, it's done! Tear it to shreds!

I'd do it myself, but my op-fu is rather weak.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Banned

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Right folks, it's done! Tear it to shreds!

I'd do it myself, but my op-fu is rather weak.
    I think a little difficult

22. - Top - End - #52

I think a little difficult
    Assuming you're a new poster, there were two builds almost identical to this posted recently. (In the past few months, I think.) Both times, many holes were found in the design, and it failed to hold up to the smarter minds of GitP.

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Banned

Beholder

I believe you will not find holes to find, please tell me,
    If you get me report any mistake , even tried to remove any possible doubt of interpretation.
    Priya and Mailmain
    I used as a reference, I think they have improved.
    This is my first build.
    Last edited by ragevillain; 2016-08-18 at 10:23 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Ex Fighter, Mailman, and Priya aren't really theoretical optimization, but I suppose they're not exactly super-easy to kill either, so... *shrug*

I wish you good luck in killing a H.I.V.E., or Khepri for that matter.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-08-18 at 10:23 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #55
    Banned

Beholder

I never said that they are easy .
    My build is not theoretical , it takes no infinite loop and it has low cost.

Can u link these builds ?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Well, here's a list of famous char-op builds (mostly theoretical, but a good number of practical). H.I.V.E. is somewhere in there, and Khepri is the build in my signature (although I'm currently working on an upgraded version that can use some of their technically-finite feats to take epic feats).
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-08-18 at 10:31 AM.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Has there ever been a compiled list of all the big bad builds of the forums?

Edit: thanks, Mr. Vecna. Always a good resource.
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2016-08-18 at 10:34 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Khepri is in AV's sig.

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Has there ever been a compiled list of all the big bad builds of the forums?

Edit: thanks, Mr. Vecna. Always a good resource.
    Being totally fair, it was previously linked in this thread, I just re-linked to it. But yeah, it's a good resource. It's not really super-complete though: I have no doubt there's lots of fantastic builds floating around that can accomplish quite a bit.

Incidentally, here's another link. These builds are more practical optimization (for the most part), but they're still interesting in their own right.

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #60
    Banned

Beholder

Well, I saw some problems with the Hive , Low spot check . And he needs a cohort optimized to access charisma and intelligence and he is using infinite loop.
    This build I made can also use infinite loops, Twin Greater Arcane Fusion :
    Slot7 : Sanctum Greater Arcane Fusion
    Slot 4: Celerity

Infinite Actions, by logic it is banned.
    But What happens when conjure Evil Weather or Disjunctun or Frostfell or Supernatural Holyword or a simple supernatural spell Gust of Wind , preventing their swarm ?

It is exactly why it is theorical H.I.V.E.

Twin greater arcane fusion
    Slot 7: Sculpt Selective Spell Antimagic Field(Ball)
    Slot 4: Sanctum Arcane Fusion
    Slor 4: Twin Empowered FellDrain Hail of Stone
    Slor 1: Twin Empowerd FellDrain Hail of Stone.

-8 Negative Level + High damage.
    Last edited by ragevillain; 2016-08-18 at 10:50 AM.