New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1345
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Master of Shadows(COUNTERING FAMOUS OPTIMIZED CHARACTERS BUILDS)

Originally Posted by LTwerewolf
    I was letting that slide by. Known a great many Brazilians (from Brazil, in Brazil) that acted nothing like this.
    Yup, likewise. But Drezius seems to be Brazilian, just wondering what he meant about the culture.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Banned

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    From your original post.
    I know,man ! It was a sorcerer nerfing.

But, Dragon Compendium is allowed.
    Last edited by ragevillain; 2016-08-26 at 11:10 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Interestingly, it is both official and third party. Dragon magazine was run by TSR until right before #300 (I think like 288? I could be wrong). After that Wizards ran it until somewhere in the #350's, where paizo took over. It was officially licensed by wizards, putting it in a very strange place. It is directly third party material though.

Important note though: If content from dragon magazine is not allowed, but anything not in dragon magazine that appears in dragon compendium is allowed (which would fit within the rules of the op), then the op is allowed to use anything on the title page and the credits pages.
    Last edited by LTwerewolf; 2016-08-26 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fresh and exciting doesn't exist in a game that's almost old enough to drive. Which is why it's extra fun every time someone comes in to say that no, fighters are totally a real character class, because you all missed that one thing or that other one thing and once I saw a fighter beat up a squirrel.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    Dragon compendium which is a compilation of "articles that appeared in dragon magazine" published by paizo?
    ^

Dragon Compendium is Dragon Magazine.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys I have this build:

Spoiler: super awesome build superior mega for is best
    Show
    Classes Winsauce 20

Abilities
    84375938 str
    58694389573 dex
    34568934589730 con
    45896734095843458 int
    3453904573249875349 wis
    347834095967768666993939 cha

Ex: does anything because reasons
    Ex: is immune to all things because reasons

I bet you guys can't beat him. No infinite loops allowed other than the ones I'm using because I can and you can't. No he does things and he wins. No you can't do things, but I can do those things.

Strategy: I do things you can't because you can't and I can.

Pretty sure my build adheres to about as many rules as his does.
    You forgot to add reasons another eight times, and cast your Protection from Grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by ragevillain View Post
    This my sorcerer level 5 is fictional . Dragon compendium is allowed.
    Yes, i nerfed sorcerer, banning knowstones.
    Wow, just no. Didn't YOU ban those?

I mean, Dragon Compendium is a collection of featured articles from the Dragon Magazine, it even says their issue...

Just cut it, I recommend playing from the start, avoiding net-building until you know how to proper build your own

EDIT: Ninja'd
    Last edited by Yael; 2016-08-26 at 11:13 PM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

6. - Top - End - #1206

ElfWarriorGuy

^

You done got swordsaged, son!

Fresh and exciting doesn't exist in a game that's almost old enough to drive. Which is why it's extra fun every time someone comes in to say that no, fighters are totally a real character class, because you all missed that one thing or that other one thing and once I saw a fighter beat up a squirrel.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

Reposting from edit that was lost a page ago:

Look Ragevillian, I will run a short series of encounter for you if you like, I'll even let you be Unseelie Fey. You can choose between running as 1 member of 4 person party (assuming we get four people) in which case we measure party contribution, or we can have you run alone, in which case if you die to a monster you will respawn, you'll get all your spells back after each fight, and if you go 50% we will consider that a victory (since that's what the CR system says is a victory). If you choose this option, I'll also offer to run the same encounters for some other filthy Wizard.

My only (initial) stipulation is that the level has to be lower than level 11, since at level 11 a Wizard can retire to a demiplane and send an army of Glabrezues to do all his adventuring for him.

My secondary stipulations include but are not limited to: 1) You have a Marshal Level. 2) You don't have early access to Wish, 3) You don't have more feats than you get from levels+class bonus feats+two flaws. 4) No one has SpellDancer or Incantatrix or DMM Persist (applies to hypothetical Wizard or other party members too).
    Last edited by Beheld; 2016-08-26 at 11:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beheld View Post
    Reposting from edit that was lost a page ago:

Look Ragevillian, I will run a short series of encounter for you if you like, I'll even let you be Unseelie Fey. You can choose between running as 1 member of 4 person party (assuming we get four people) in which case we measure party contribution, or we can have you run alone, in which case if you die to a monster you will respawn, you'll get all your spells back after each fight, and if you go 50% we will consider that a victory (since that's what the CR system says is a victory). If you choose this option, I'll also offer to run the same encounters for some other filthy Wizard.

My only (initial) stipulation is that the level has to be lower than level 11, since at level 11 a Wizard can retire to a demiplane and send an army of Glabrezues to do all his adventuring for him.
    Now it got interesting, tho!

popcorn!

"**** if I know."

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Now it got interesting, tho!

popcorn!
    Only if it actually happens.

So, no.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Banned

I'm now very interested to know what aspects of Brazilian culture could make ragevillian behave the way he does.
    Last edited by Tiri; 2016-08-26 at 11:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiri View Post
    I'm now very interested to know what aspects of Brazilian culture could make ragevillian behave the way he does.
    Well, there's the Mexico incident about two weeks ago.

Also, the parade incident, also about two weeks ago.

I don't know, they are having rough times.

"**** if I know."

12. - Top - End - #1212

ElfWarriorGuy

Maybe this? I dunno, the only one of these I ever noticed in the folks I knew was the goodbye ritual. Seriously though it could last forever. I dunno, maybe it's more of a subculture thing? The people I met were nothing but pleasant.
    Last edited by LTwerewolf; 2016-08-26 at 11:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

Interestingly, it is both official and third party. Dragon magazine was run by TSR until right before #300 (I think like 288? I could be wrong). After that Wizards ran it until somewhere in the #350's, where paizo took over. It was officially licensed by wizards, putting it in a very strange place. It is directly third party material though.

Paizo ran it until the end of 350s ( and a little into 360s ) until wizards took it over and paizo gave wizards the middle finger.

14. - Top - End - #1214

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by animewatcha View Post
    Paizo ran it until the end of 350s ( and a little into 360s ) until wizards took it over and paizo gave wizards the middle finger.
    Yeah I got that backwards.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

^

Umm, partially - it is actually worse than that...

For example the Dragon Compendium contains the Death Master class. The Death Master class originates as an npc only 1st Ed AD&D class from Dragon back int he days when Dragon was TSR published.
    The Dragon Compendium version is a 3.5 re-write of the class, which as far as I know (which could be wrong) was never published in Dragon magazine.

So, where does that leave the Death Master? - Paizo, WotC, TSR or something else?

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

The typical brazilian don't accept criticism, always try to blame others, and don't like to be corrected, generally answering with offensive jokes.
    Like i said, we have exceptions, but this is a common problem recognized for our own society. Lorddrako can sound like a extraordinary guy, but for us here in Brazil, he is just another one.
    And, again, i just saying that it will never get anywhere, because for us brazilians, this kind of attitude is a serious problem as a whole, then think where it can get here on the internet.

If you guys can, ask a brazilian who speaks english, about the "brazilian way". He can explain better then my google translator skills.
    Last edited by Drezius; 2016-08-27 at 03:14 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Banned

Beholder

I really dont care about you

Spoiler: Dont open it!!! PLEASE!!!!
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Barbarian in the Playground

I really dont care about you

Spoiler: Dont open it!!! PLEASE!!!!
    Show
    You cared enough to respond, and look at that, your build is still invalid mr shadow minnow
    Useful tips and hints for those wanting to try DDO out but are new (click the link and help my friend get 1 step closer to becoming a full time blogger) :)
    http://mylifeinstormreach.blogspot.com/

19. - Top - End - #1219

PirateGuy

So i just finished reading all of this thread just like i read all of Lord Drako's posts in the past (assuming of course this is the same guy, wich nobody could know for sure) and i got to say, you guys trying to teach him the way sure are patient, if i knew more about optimization i would love to help, but i dont think i will be much help.
    but as long as we are still making jokes about the way this thread behaves i will throw in my 2 cp joke:

Spoiler: Did you know Family guy actually made a skit about this thread?
    Show

EDIT: i do not intent to call anybody anything, this was not meant as insult. merely stating that the conversation in this thread reminded me of this video fragment.
    Last edited by Swaoeaeieu; 2016-08-27 at 08:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hello guys.

Day 2, still no sheets in my in box, Ragevillian.

As for some of the problems we have here in Brazil, I should point that the worst stays with us. It is an internal situation, mostly.
    Almost everyone that leaves de country to work/study/travel are cool, civilized, intelligent, cultured... and speak english, at least.

But the guys we have here, the ones that try to deny to live a great community and lives only for themselves, fall in the "Brazilian Way" Drezius spoke.
    They're the ones who cut lines (figuratively speaking, even) to almost every d**n situation. Bank line? Cut. Prestige Class qualification? Cut. Number of spells per day based on Charisma? Cutted in so many pieces that you move to use Taint.

As I see, Furytrooper/Ghoul/Baronlizard doesn't even understand what is going on. He's running in some kind of survival instintic ("most surpass then all, at any cost"). He'll never be wrong, he'll fight to the death with sticks, stones and bad grammar to the last drop of internet band.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Banned

Beholder

I am mechanical engineer with 24 years old and i dont care about yours personal opinion about culture.

So I will ignore any comments about my personal life (Respect for privacy should be part of their culture).

Spoiler: NEVER OPEN IT! ITS YOUR CULTURE
    Show

And i dont know who is lord dark.
    Last edited by ragevillain; 2016-08-27 at 10:11 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yeah, I kinda agree to keep discussions about real-life culture away from this thread, as it might veer easily towards verboten topics.

So to get back on topic, the build still isn't rules-compliant
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am mechanical engineer with 24 years old and i dont care about yours personal opinion about culture.

So I will ignore any comments about my personal life (Respect for privacy should be part of their culture).

Spoiler: NEVER OPEN IT! ITS YOUR CULTURE
    Show

And i dont know who is lord dark.
    Still waiting on a valid, coherent character sheet. Your build isnt valid, go back to grade school to learn proper addition imo ;)
    Useful tips and hints for those wanting to try DDO out but are new (click the link and help my friend get 1 step closer to becoming a full time blogger) :)
    http://mylifeinstormreach.blogspot.com/

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Banned

Beholder

Sorry man.
    Do not be repeating WHAT the One Step Two say(Desperately trying to find a fault)
    He1s just crying a frustrated boy trying disqualify(He lose a duel)
    Last edited by ragevillain; 2016-08-27 at 10:43 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

No one's crying ragevillain, you build isn't legal, therefore it doesnt work, therefore we arent going to try to fight it until it is legal
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Banned

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    No one's crying ragevillain, you build isn't legal, therefore it doesnt work, therefore we arent going to try to fight it until it is legal
    No arguments, only crying.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Still waiting for your PM with the sheets so I can help to organize everything, rage.

Till now, we doesn't even had something to view, as this build is illegal in general.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

No arguments, only crying.
    The Argument is, is that you spent XP to get the Evil Subtype and it lowers your XP below what it takes to get to level 20. When that happens you lose that level and means you only have 18 levels and +1 LA, and thus no 9th level spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Banned

Beholder

So do not say it is invalid , but not well detailed.
    Invalid without arguments is only crying.

I need to leave work, in order to finish. (Its need atention)

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Banned

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    The Argument is, is that you spent XP to get the Evil Subtype and it lowers your XP below what it takes to get to level 20. When that happens you lose that level and means you only have 18 levels and +1 LA, and thus no 9th level spells.
    The limit is ECL = 20. ( How acquired ECL changes nothing )
    One Step two creating new rules .
    But he was insisting that, then gave an answer.

Okay, you're right !
    Want a sweet ?

I'll laugh some more with your conclusion

190.000xp to be lvl 20, -2k xp

Go to level 19, Take LA +1= ECL 20.

Spoiler: Never see that
    Show
    Just to remind you little boy , LA does not cost xp .

Want a another sweet?

Answer to the One Step Two.
    Guy does not follow this guy , he's just a guy frustrated .
    Last edited by ragevillain; 2016-08-27 at 11:03 AM.