New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Would You Like to Play Discord's Game? IC

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Adeola, was it? Aloe says to the other mare. Mind checking my bag too? You've the look of someone who knows what they're doing about you.
    " Of course, if you allow me, I'll be happy to check it for you."

" I sense the bag have being magicly enhance to carry more then their weight. It should be safe to carry around however."
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2016-08-28 at 05:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anthracite stared in confusion at the statue for a moment, before deciding it just looked a little bit like her aunt Sunny. That's why I though it was familiar, she thought, nodding. She turned back towards the saddlebag. The Zebra had pronounced the saddlebags to be safe, but Anthracite no idea if her judgment was trustworthy. Until she knew her new companions better, she couldn't depend on anypony, and so she studied the saddlebags intently from a safe distance.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Using my first (of four) use of my Paladin Divine Sense ability, to see if the saddlebags contain anything hallowed or desecrated.
    Last edited by Rysto; 2016-08-27 at 11:27 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Chase, refusing to look a gift horse in the mouth (and what an odd expression that was!), gave a soft "Thank you," to Discord (if he was indeed listening) and began going through the pack to see what had been provided to her.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

If Sweet Echoe doesn't find 'normal' trap, she nodding toward Adeala and looking over her saddlebags.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Aloe shrugs, with a Thank you, towards the other mare, then opens her bag and begins to rummage through it.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

The ponies, going through the bags find their things organized neatly. In a special pouch, they each find a colored piece of some sort of crystalline substance

Spoiler: This is what they look like
    Show

As they do this, the notes on the bag hop up in front of their faces, and begin beeping. On the envelopes, the words READ ME-READ ME-READ ME flashes.

Spoiler: Sorry about the notes, guys
    Show
    It's the only one that you have to read, I promise

Spoiler: Anthracite
    Show
    Although Anthracite has a suspicion the answer is right in front of her nose, she cannot identify the pegasus mare the statue depicts.

Anthracite detects a spark of pure goodness coming from the inside the bag. In particular, the crystal tucked away carefully

Spoiler: Sweet Echoe
    Show
    Try as she might, Sweet Echoe can't wrap her head around Discord's reasoning for giving these gifts
    Last edited by Estralita; 2016-08-28 at 11:35 PM.
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Macabre blinks as he takes the bag and rifles through it to see what is inside, being less cautious than his companions. "Oh is this where we find out one of us has the blade of a knife but no handle and another of us has a book of matches?" he asks cheerfully.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

8. - Top - End - #38

Anthracite found herself drawn to the magic emanating from the saddlebags before her. With a trembling hoof, she drew out the crystal from the saddlebags and stared at it with wonder. "What is this? The magic within this is unlike any I have ever seen. It is ... pure. Untouched by chaos. It speaks to something deep within me."

Anthracite broke off as the letter that accompanied the saddlebags began whizing in and out of her vision. Realizing that she had little choice in the matter, she scowled, took the letter in hoof and began to read.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

frowning and mambling:'This doesn't make any sense...' she has readen the note, prepared for it to explode or something

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

The zebra princess is a bit wary and wait for everyone to open their letter. If it not explose or do anything nasty, she open her and read it.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

The opened envelopes unfolded into letters.

Spoiler: Anthracite
    Show
    My my, Anthracite. I wonder what I've done to make you so hostile. I mean, I give you all a piece of your elements, and I get snarls. Meanwhile, two of your allies are lying to you about who they really are. You might want to reconsider where your loyalties should lie.

In any case, I won't bother you through notes again. Ta-ta!

Spoiler: Sweet Echoe
    Show
    Dearest Sweet Echo. Please accept this token of my esteem, a shard of the Element of Generosity. No thanks is necessary. Your presence is it's own reward.

Who knows, maybe I should be the Element of Generosity instead of you.

Spoiler: Adeola
    Show
    Looking up at the Unicorn Mare above her, she instantly recognized that the statue depicted Twilight Sparkle, Element of Magic who once confronted and defeated Discord, although that hadn't lasted
    Last edited by Estralita; 2016-08-31 at 12:49 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet Echoe frowned. "I dont want any gifts from HIM!" enraged she threw away the note

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Macabre of course would open up his letter, he honestly had no reason not to trust discord. Such of course was often those from the laughter realm.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Macabre
    Show
    Thank you for your trust. As a special bonus for that, you will receive not only an exclusive piece of the Element of Laughter, but also a special, very important message from yours truly:

Non-passing particle grizzlies don't own two coloring.

Spoiler: Adeola
    Show
    My dearest element of Magic, I wish to offer my condolences. Not only to you have the most difficult element to crack in your hooves, but you have to keep this group under control during my games. They have a lot of issues under the surface, but I'm sure an alicorn like you can handle it, right?
    Last edited by Estralita; 2016-09-01 at 12:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Adeola : " Well, Discord is being fairly nice so far, Im surprised. I wish he could be redeemable. And for your information everyone, THIS is twilight Sparkle, original owner of the element of magic. By simple deduction, the statue next to you should be her friends, each representing a element of Harmony. "

" So let's try to get along like them. I believe it might be the key to sucess. "
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2016-09-01 at 12:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Anthracite balled up the letter Discord had sent her and threw it away in disgust. "Exactly what I'd expect from Discord: lies, lies and more lies." Then she looked back at crystal Discord had given her and hesitated. "Although there is something special about this..."

After Adeola spoke out, Anthracite looked at unicorn statue she indicated, back to the pegasus statue in front of herself, and cocked her head to the side. "Sorry, 'Twilight Sparkle'? Her friends? Who?"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Rysto View Post
    Anthracite balled up the letter Discord had sent her and threw it away in disgust. "Exactly what I'd expect from Discord: lies, lies and more lies." Then she looked back at crystal Discord had given her and hesitated. "Although there is something special about this..."

After Adeola spoke out, Anthracite looked at unicorn statue she indicated, back to the pegasus statue in front of herself, and cocked her head to the side. "Sorry, 'Twilight Sparkle'? Her friends? Who?"

" You dont know them? They defeated Discord first attempt to come back from being a statue. Each of them was representing one of the Elements of Harmony, the power that was able to defeat Discord's magic. The crystal given to us might be part of that power. I never seing anything like them. he must be very confident that we will fail."
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2016-09-01 at 12:54 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Anthracite shrugged. "Oh. I don't recall hearing the tale before, but if I did then I suppose that the story of some ponies who were eventually defeated by Discord failed to catch my interest."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

"Then... I guess he gave me shard of the Element Of Generosity?" Sweet Echo said skeptically. But it's probably just a chocolate or something...' she took a look at the shard

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Macabre giggles softly, tucking his note away "Nah, I know chocolate, and thats no chocolate. Sugar candy sure. But Chocolate not at all."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Chase opened her own letter and began to read at its insistence.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Chase
    Show
    I truly feel for you, my dear changeling. While I am not one to judge you, I'm afraid that some of the others will be less than kind to you if they discover your secret. So a bit of friendly advice, you will never succeed on your quest if you are unwilling to fight back.

Just as Aloe cracked her letter open, a sudden burst of smoke and confetti exploded from inside. Once the dust cleared, Aloe was replaced by two different confused and coughing ponies: a male zebra and a different female earth pony. There were even two sets of saddlebags leaning against the statue instead of one.

Spoiler: Double Bluff and Radshidi
    Show
    One minute you were going about your business, the next you were here. Nothing more to say.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" Looks like the the honest ponies opened their letter a bit later then us. Welcome to what is called " Discord's Game," but I believe "deadly challenge. would be more suitable. Im sorry you got chosen but let's try to work together to resolve it. Our life depends on it after all! "

24. - Top - End - #54
    Firbolg in the Playground

Rashidi

A zebra lay down in the dust, his form
    draped by a red-orange cloak, steel scales half-bent
    beneath. A greatsword sat strapped to his back,
    the blade dark grey and glinting in the light.

Rashidi groaned, rolled to his side, and then
    opened his mouth, his eyes half shut in pain.

"So, Discord's Game? That test of stories so foul?
    I welcome such a fight, and won't back down."

His eyes had now adjusted, and, deep brown,
    surged with a glint of steel, the soul to show.
    A frightful mood it was, at first, although
    in time, it left. The zebra raised his hoof.

"I am Rashidi, of Siwatu clan.
    My blade is Applejack's, and now yours, also."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Meet Rashidi.

Rashidi is a zebra. Unlike most zebras, however, he does not speak in rhyming couplets. Rather, his 'thing' is iambic pentameter.

For hard mode/special occasions, I will occasionally attempt to write whole posts in the form. Don't expect this too often.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2016-09-19 at 11:51 PM.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

"Awww...' Sweet Echoe cooed.
    "You look cool! Just don't force me to take this sword of you. Ok? If I need anything from you, I'll just take it. So no need to force your generosity." she said with a worried tone.
    "Oh. And my name Sweet Echoe!" The bat pony said warmly

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"And with that, I am ready to pronounce my verdict." The weathered old Judge raised his gavel in one hoof, before looking across the couthouse with a familiar smile. "Unless the defence has anything to add?"

Over at her table, Double Bluff is tapping her hoof against the ground, trying desperately to think of something. "Well, I... ah mean... we haven't heard all the..." she flips through the court record, searching for anything with an air of desperation. She must have overlooked something, but what? Testimony? Alibi? An alternate murder weapon? If Ms. Shadow Skulker really did kill Ludicrously Rich, surely she'd have...

Her train of thought is rudely interrupted by an envelope popping into existence right in front of her muzzle. Bluff takes a second to look at it. Invitation to Play. It's suddenly apparent to her that the entire court has gone silent.

Finally, the judge chimes in. "Well, Ms. Bluff? Open it, please." A little nervously, Bluff does so, unfolding the sheet of paper inside and skimming through it swiftly. "Yew have ben cordially yadda yadda --- Discord's game?"

And with that, there's a wooshing sound, and in a second, Double Bluff has vanished from the defence table.

The ponies up in the gallery murmur to themselves. The judge blinks at the spot where a lawyer had been just a second ago, trying to compute this summons from a higher authority. Finally, he bangs his gavel. "Ahem. Well, we will need Ms. Bluff back here for the verdict. Or a new defence attorney. Either way, for the moment, Court is adjourned."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Earth Pony picks herself up, a little hesitantly, dusting off the sleeves of her rather nice looking jacket. She was well dressed, white shirt and crevat standing out in the stark light of this waiting room, especially against her golden mane and tannish coat. Discord had seemingly taken this one from a high society party rather than some more traditional home of adventurers.

The stranger hums to herself as she blinks, violet eyes adjusting to her surroundings. Soon enough though, she's with the group, nodding towards the zebracorn. "Well, ahm Double Bluff, lawyer of Honesty. Dunno wha Discord felt ahd fit in wit' this crowda world savin' heroes 'n such, but hey. 'taint mah call, is it?" The newly named Double Bluff glances around the group, before whistling. "We've seriously got two alicorns here? Heh. Guess the big ol' wyrm's goin easy on us."

Or somethin' ain't quite right

Bluff doesn't try to hide her suspicion as she looks over Chase and Adeola. Still, if somepony was a fake, there wasn't going to be an easy way to tell right off the bat. Instead Bluff trots over to the saddlebag with a shield and star design that matches the mark on her flank. Humming to herself, she immediately reads the note.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2016-09-20 at 03:15 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Firbolg in the Playground

Rashidi

At the mention of two alicorns, Rashidid did a double-take, his eyes finally absorbing the party in its entirety for the first time. A sky pegasus, a unicorn, a bat-pony, the earth pony who had just stood up beside him and - not one, but two alicorns? And one of them a zebra, no less! His gaze lingered a fair while on Adeola, and he shook himself after a few seconds.

"It seems I must have hit my head far harder
    than I thought. How else could I have missed a sight
    like this? And, prithee, madam, do abstain from
    my sword. I need it, and all else, to fight here."

The last sentence had been addressed to Sweet Echoe, of course, but, the gentleman he was, Rashidi graciously inclined his head in greeting even as he made his request. Then, turning to where Double Bluff had procured her bag, Rashidi grabbed his own equipment, as well as the note that promptly leapt up in front of his face.

"But pray tell, friends. Before I open up
    this note, might I have your names as well, please?"
    Everything dissolves into blue.

28. - Top - End - #58

"I am Anthracite, of the Coal family, from the Elemental Plane of Loyalty."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Chase's expression as she reads the letter is unchanging, although, she is careful to fold it up and reseal the envelope, before packing it away. Chase gave the two new arrivals a (slightly awkward) smile at the attention. "I'm Chase, from Kindness. We probably don't have much time before things really get going, though, so let's hurry just in case."

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

" I am Adeola, princess of the Zebras on the realm of Magic. And as I was saying, those statues represent the original elements of Harmony. If we were chose, I think its because we all have that potential within us. "

She look brieftly at the other Alicorn, smile to her and nod her head, then make sure everyone is ready...
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2016-09-20 at 08:58 PM.