New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

well lets think about this:

If Vodkana is dead, how much difference does this actually make? The Dragon Balls can wish her back after all. So what excuse are you going to do, to make sure she stays dead rather than get wished back by someone as soon as Hailing is dealt with?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

I dont want her to stay dead.
    Just dead as Krillin was, I guess?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Colossus in the Playground

My understanding is that Vodkana drained herself to her last drop of energy trying to help 23, after which Hailing fired a Gaster Blaster at her (if you don't understand the reference, it's basically a skull that shoots energy blasts.) Safe to say that there isn't much left of her to bury.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    I dont want her to stay dead.
    Just dead as Krillin was, I guess?
    Ah okay, thats not very dead at all, Krillin only kind of dies. Hes dead but y'know, he does that a lot, its no big deal. That kind of dead means "automatically back with Dragon Balls."

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

mm.. yeah, I want Vodkana continue the story, you know?
    mm.. just not sure what to do with her for the rest of the battle.

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

mm.. yeah, I want Vodkana continue the story, you know?
    mm.. just not sure what to do with her for the rest of the battle.
    Well, she is dead, so that means she is in Other World. Probably waiting for judgement. Maybe the line waiters have free godtube while they wait and she can watch the fight from there? and/or get judged? just like, a screen floating on the side of snake way, that people can look at turned to something interesting. like the battle with Hailing.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

I have an idea.. But it require some head cannoning about gods and demigods. (Mostly based on DBZ, so no spoilers)

So... I have imagined, that maybe- dead Vodkana is stronger than living Vodkana, and she can do a comeback to the battle.
    Why and how?
    Well... King Kai died, but he is functioning the same. And if I recall correctly, King Kai explain that the Halo just embarssing him, and he being mocked by the other King Kais.

Soooo...
    Here the head cannon- Vodkana's mortal side is weakening her. But her godly side stay the same.
    So she actually much stronger now- but without acces to her Nyagato techniques.

So, what do you think?

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well, one of the problems with that is that, as far as I recall, if you die while halo'd, that's it, you're gone. For King Kai it's inconvenient and embarrassing, but he doesn't fight people...like, ever, so he's not really in danger of being erased from existence.

The next problem is that Vodkana would still need to get through the line for processing. If she disappeared from the line, it would be rather conspicuous and lead to who knows what kind of trouble. Goku, for example, Instant Transmissioned from King Kai's world to Earth to help out Gohan with the Father-Son Kamehameha against Cell. But in that instance, Goku was already at King Kai's place, so the only person who saw him do it was King Kai, who was willing to cover for Goku/let it off with a scolding. If Vodkana does something similar, or goes further and sticks around to fight in the mortal world while dead, without anyone's permission, then I don't see it as likely that she'd get away with just a scolding.

So, if she's trying to avoid getting sent straight to Hell, she would probably need to wait until she gets to the front of the line, then make her case to King Yemma. Which it would be nice to have FF for, since as far as I recall they were the one doing Yemma and King Kai.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that in story problems, which I took in count.

1- Yes. It's dangerouse. But Vodkana willing to take the risk.
    2- Well, Vodkana was about to ask Tarasai to help her get back into the battle, and she will face the punishment later. She will be revived anyway... And again, willing to take the risks.

Those risks will add to the epicness, to my opinion..

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #1420

RedWizardGuy

Well, I don't really have a horse in the Hailing race, so to speak, so it doesn't particularly bother me in concept. From a story telling perspective though, it seems like we're ramping up towards 23's transformation and subsequent epic fighting against Hailing, so if this Does happen, it could derail things there. So, that seems like something that would need to be hashed out with Ing and Raziere before moving forward with.

Like, even though Max is trying to get Asalute and Yankar to go into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to act as a plan B against Hailing, that's not a thing that would affect the fight going on (since they would be in there for 24 hours, and the fight is going to wrap up before that happens).

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that a valid point. That why I let Vodkana die in the first place..

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Titan in the Playground

Eeeeeeehrrrhhrrhhh.......

I'm not sure about Halos coming back to life even temporarily without Fortuneteller Baba being involved.

Like yes I get Goku being there to Father-Son Kamehameha Cell was like, cool and all?

But I thought it was just the image of him just appeared there as some metaphorical/figurative/symbolic thing? especially when Gohan had this weird symbolic bird taking flight image before that when he went Super Saiyan 2? stuff like that I tend to attribute to temporary warping of reality from high amounts of ki usage being thrown around, much like how sometimes auras take animal shapes in other martial arts stuff or how Cosplays have weird cosmetic side effects of being activated that don't actually mean anything. crazy spiritual symbolic stuff just tends to happen in some martial arts stuff. but apparently not.

while Goku somehow doing the same thing in one of the Broly movies is well- well its a Broly movie, its kind of on the very low end of quality as far as Dragon Ball goes, its not canon, and its kind of the nonsense I want to avoid. especially if we want some consistency to this, because the whole problem with being a Halo in the mortal realm is that your running out of energy, that you can't stay there if your dead, because the spirit world is full of energy its like unlimited energy and your body no longer has any mortal limitations but of course has no mortal means of gaining energy which is a no-go for dwelling in the realm of the living. so if your going to the mortal world, when dead, you better have a method of getting energy to sustain yourself or you going to probably like fade away or something because like an idiot you starved yourself of the soul stuff you need to keep going and there isn't exactly any way to like, engineer it so you receive an infinite supply of that. the boundary exists for a reason, and its not just "dead people can't step on the living world's grass" its "no really, that place is a wasteland to you now, your going to starve if you go out there and the only way we have of temporarily getting you there so that you don't starve is a one ticket only thing for one day and if you waste that by powering up to a Super Saiyan or 3, tough luck thats on you."

so assuming that Vodkana somehow figures out a way to get back temporarily by herself, by herself she can only stay like, briefly. as in, probably "less than a minute" briefly if its possible at all, and how is she going to make sure she is at Alchior while that minute happens?. if she somehow gets Fortuneteller Baba to do it- which is not guaranteed, Fortuneteller Baba doesn't do this frivolously, and not just for anyone.- there is still the problem that Vodkana powering up will shorten the time she has to stay. like remember, Baba has only done the temp-rez thing without being paid three times:
    1. to bring back Goku, because he is just that charming apparently and knows Baba well.
    2. to bring back Vegeta, a dire situation where the universe was being threatened by Majin Buu
    3. to bring back Freeza to participate the tournament of power, to again, save the universe.

like, I just don't like that particular thing Goku did to be honest. it was Gohan's moment and Goku breaking the rules to do that Kamehameha was just.....weird. I just don't think I'm ok with that kind of shenanigans, personally.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

So, MLP canon now has sphinxes. I feel this is particularly relevant to a certain pony princess of destruction.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

There is one Sphinx.. and she is a monster thingy, like Tirek.

and ok, I have few things I can argue with that, but it really isn't that important for me. But thank you for listening.

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #1425

RedWizardGuy

Isn't it Ing's post in the main thread?

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm waiting on Hawkflight.

I can move things along on Earth, however.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

You thought I was about to post, BUT IT WAS I, DIO COMPUTER ISSUES!

Will try to get something up tomorrow.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

Is there something for Lucifer to loot from the lookout?

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Titan in the Playground

oh good, I was about to post stuff like that myself to poke things along a little.

anyways, I'm going to be posting the full rules of the God of Hyperdeath Cosplay someday soon, just get the whole thing fine tuned and ready. I just have a gut feeling about how soon its coming.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

B]Name:[/B] Princess Vodkana
    Weight: 210lb
    Species:Nyagato/Destruction Goddess
    Station: Spoiled godly princess
    Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Vodakana is chubby nyagato's female, which diffrent from the nyagatos with her purple fur. She also dressed as "egyptain" princess/godess. Her hair is black/blue. Most noticable she had the yellow eyes of her father. Ref:http://postimg.org/image/dcdg3ukch/full/
    Or celebrity

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Vodkana is really epicly spoiled princess. She believe she deserve everything she want. She want something? She should get it. Why? Because Beerus is her father!
    she selfish, caring only for her own desires. She also curious and quite playful.

Spoiler: history
    Show

17 years ago:

Beerus wakened up with yawn.
    "What? already? mmpgh...." Whis floated next to the Lord of destruction. "My lord, it's time for you to awake." he said in pleasant but strict tone.
    "Fine fine..." Beerus grumbled and awakened up. "I had some of the strangest dreams..." he scratched himself his belly.
    "Oh"? Whis listened. "Something about glorious battle I bet?"
    Beerus grumbled. "Sadly no. Something stupid, about my heart conquered by Pure Stormart Nyagato woman."
    Whis giggled. "It's actually sound quite interesting! Wouldn't you like to ask Oracle about that?"
    Beerus shaksed his head. "Nah. It's stupid... even though she was beautiful... it was boring."
    Beerus scratched and licked himself.
    "nyagato..." Whis said with wonder. "Hmmm.... Oracle?" the little fish thingy floated toward him as his command.
    Beerus growled angered. "I just said, it's boring and not worth thinking over it!"

Whis waved at him. "Yes yes... Oracle.. do you know something about connection between Pure Stormart Nyagato to Lord Beerus?" He asked.
    The oracle paused for a minute. "Well yes! Lord Beerus's heart going to be won over his greatest feast he have ever eaten! And the fruit of this conquer will be called Vodkana!" Beerus stood up at once. "Oh! The greatest feast I have ever had?! That sound good!"
    Whis chuckled. "Well... let's see.... oh- Planet Meal, would be good place to start looking for this feast."
    __________________________________________________ ___

The legend tell that Lord Beerus have visited Planet Meal, but no one dared to offer him food. Not even the four great Rajas of tastes, not even the divine Maharaja! One simple looking girl was brave and confident enough. Her name was Dinneria. She have invited Lord Beerus to her house. Usually, Beerus hardly wasted more than a hour on each planet that he have visited.
    But he spent there the whole night.
    Some say that pure great light of ki shined from the house. Beerus had his best feast ever.

What probably only Beerus and Whis know that he ate so much, that he had to train for a month to lose the weight he have gained during the meal! He decided that, this planet were worth keeping, but he never letted himself to go back there. The food was too fattening and tempting! but he couldn't bring himself destroy such artistic kitchen...

Vodkana was hidden until she was 4. A great chef have found her- mystic chef named Spoon. He recognized her as Beerus's daughter. She managed to eat Chef's food filled with ki!
    He turned into Prophet, standing by her side, teaching her the Shoguki. She never trained more than half of hour a week. And yet she gained about 1000 ki every year! She was set higher than the Meal's Kami, she was looked upon as more than goddess. She was spoiled as much as anyone can be. When she was 12, she got bored of planet Meal, and decided to travel the planets, using her glory and having fun. In quite random way. Prophet Spoon traveling with her, making sure she got the respect she deserve.

Story So far

Spoiler
    Show

Vodkana got to Earth, demanding as usual to be worshipped and spoiled. 23 slapped the pride out of her, and with a little drama, Vodkana joined the RA, abandoning Spoon. She trained and learned few Stormart Nyagato moves. She dated Hailing, until recently, and together they saved Meal.
    She tried to assassinate Hailing at the Greatest Party Of The Universe, and gotten killed.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show

Power Level- 16,450
    Current Base 1,000,000

Paralyzing Gaze – Like Beerus she narrow her eyes and stares at her foe, and due to his raw power the foe is rendered almost completely immobile. Only works on foes who are much weaker than he is.

Headshot – A physical technique where just like Beerus, Vodkana knocks her opponent away with a simple finger flick to the forehead.

Martial Skills:

Ki beam~a very simple beam, which the nyagatos didn't even bothered to name. Mainly used for hunting and fishing.

Fast Food beam~ all needed is the ingridentats and the imagnation~ the user point at the ingrideints and making them into dish he have imagined. Though it doesn't garuntee of the quality of the food. If someone doesn't know the right time to put off eggs from the oven it's still will get burned~ the technique simply fast forward what the user can do.

Food Ki sense~ any sane Shugoki warrior learn this~ it let you feel the Ki within food, letting you decide if you up the challenge. Strangly, the Nyagatos never thought of learning how to Ki sense people.

Ryurihama~ cooking beam. Its cooking the target and investing it with ki, while beaming it with hot beam. The longer and stronger the Ryurihama last, the more ki invested. While using it on living beings would usually kill them in monstrous pain, those who survive getting a serious power up for a while. "Being cooked to their potential"

Mummyhama~ same idea, just with canning. Those who die from it will turn into dry mummies. Those who survive will get a resistance power up.

Ki plate- smiliar to destriction dixc, but used to... put food on it.

Busy Resturant Eve- Original technique which Vodkana devolped- simply mass throwing ki plates.

Kiai- invisible ki blast

Cloning technique

Sealing Spell

Enchaining Cooking Beam enhancing Cooking beam which isn't hurting the target.

Destruction Saw- she spinning like sonic ball, and her back blades turning her into a cutting ball.

Destruction Energy she control over destructive energy which could annihilate... even souls

Ki glove paw

Nya-Lust-Paw

Stormart Nyagato Of Despair FOrm

Stormart Nyagato of Generosity form

Other Information

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, I'm waiting on a certain pair of cyborgs in the Super Forms thread.

By the way, once Starlight's sidequest is over, and Hailing is deposed, I was thinking of introducing Equestria to the larger galactic community and even letting them eventually act as a neutral ground as the Empire transitions away from a monocracy. Maybe even proposing an alliance of worlds, in which the worlds' respective leaders form a sort of United Nations of sorts. What do you think?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

well.. is Equestria part of U 7/13? or it's on cpmpletly diffrent reality?

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Titan in the Playground

well.. is Equestria part of U 7/13? or it's on cpmpletly diffrent reality?
    I'm pretty sure we said it was a U13 thing, to make it stand it out more from U7.

also, posted in super form thread, sorry sometimes I blank out on ideas of how to respond and put it off until later.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

so... the dimensional mirror?

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ettin in the Playground

I find it amusing Tarasai named Yamakami as "potential GoD". We'll see if anything ever comes of that, Lucifer's son was born during the timeskip and is less than a year old at the moment. If the plan for 10 year timeskip still holds, maybe Tarasai will meet him.

Anyways. Watching last few episodes of Super revitalized my interest in writing DB stuff. I speed-read the last four IC pages to get up-to-date and I feel like I have good enough hang of events to actually contribute again.

Let's see how it goes.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

I really hoped for Vodkana's judgement.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I find it amusing Tarasai named Yamakami as "potential GoD". We'll see if anything ever comes of that, Lucifer's son was born during the timeskip and is less than a year old at the moment. If the plan for 10 year timeskip still holds, maybe Tarasai will meet him.
    Well yeah, Yama's (or at least the book of god's version of Yama) mindset seems really close to what God of destruction's mind set would be:
    -life and death doesn't matter so much as heaven and hell
    -incredibly utilitarian mindset regarding the welfare of the universe
    -coldness or distance to normal society, given that a GoD can't afford to get attached to something he might have to destroy someday
    -rejection of normal morality and compassion.
    -the fact that he is based upon a chinese god of the underworld.
    -the mindset of "everything ends someday".

things like that.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I'm pretty sure we said it was a U13 thing, to make it stand it out more from U7.

also, posted in super form thread, sorry sometimes I blank out on ideas of how to respond and put it off until later.
    Spoiler
    Show

so... the dimensional mirror?
    I see the DMs as being more of a sort of wormhole. Could lead to other dimensions (like with the mirror clone arc), but more often than not leads to other worlds.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-10-29 at 07:12 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #1439

RedWizardGuy

Hm, it would be rather funny to have a lot of diplomats, all up on their particular species and it's merits and what have you showing up to Equestria via magical mirror gate and getting put on the same level by being transformed into magical ponies with their core themness symbolized on their butt.

I think the main problem would be security and cultural contamination for Equestria for running that kind of thing, even if it got secluded to a remote location in the realm of magical friendship. Even if the visitors are reduced or equalized in power level from the transition, there remains the potential for some planet out there to inevitably try to flood the place with refugees, dissidents, or terrorists. So, that's a possible concern.

Oh, and I took so long to actually hit submit on this that other people posted in the interim...so, yey, we got FF back.

And if Asalute, Yankar, Purple, and Max go into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, we can probably cover that off in the superforms thread or something, since it will be rather temporally disjointed from the Hailing fight and possibly focusing on a few vingette's of stuff going on in there.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, I mostly was just figuring that Yankar would go in and when the Hailing was over, I'd just have him come out ready to fight in the epilogue.........and be told by Tarasai that Hailing is already defeated, and he yells angrily to the sky at being late. y'know, as a closing joke to the Hailing arc

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Afterlife; Halls of Waiting]

Yenma looks down at Vodkana from behind his desk. "Hmmm, yes. Vodkana, Princess of Destruction, isn't that right?" He leans back and beckons towards a huge pile of black book to his right, on hid desk. "What do you have to say about all this?"
    My recommended response:
    "The Aristocrats!"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-10-30 at 07:43 AM.