New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Ishimi View Post
    As for fusions. No idea what they would look like, or how precisely one character would be played by two.

I think ... Starlight and Vodkana. (StarKana sounds cool)

I could also see

22+Starlight
    Starlight fusing is a bit of a conundrum, because it's a quadruped fusing with a biped. Starkana would probably keep a bipedal form and the Beerus eyes, but her fur would be blue like Starlight's. Muzzle shape would be similar, but her hair and possible her tail would both be like Starlight's. She's probably have a horn and possibly wings as well. Maybe hooves for feet, like a satyr? Clothing ... eh, might be similar? Or maybe a bit more nature-themed.

Star2-D2 would probably look like an Equestria Girls human - blue skin, hair like Starlight's mane. Pony ears and possibly tail, but possibly not. Definitely more nature-themed clothing. Definitely a horn, possibly wings. Definitely hands and feet.

Also, maybe Starlight/Ryu? They could be either bipedal or quadrupedal, and definitely a kirin.

Though in all cases, it depends on who's the primary influence and who's the secondary influence. After all, if we have Starkana, there's also the possibility of Vodlight. If we have Rylight, we could also have ... Staryu? Heh. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ishimi View Post
    I think a timeskip makes sense, although skipping to current time would be like 500 or so years.
    Well, most of our characters either are or will be immortal, and we do have access to time travel magic (in theory).
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-09-02 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

I've actually been coming up with ideas following the aftermath of Hailing. Who's to say there aren't even worse evils out there that his mere existence was keeping at-bay? Who's to say that while Hailing is indeed ruthless and evil, he didn't have a point?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe, I just thought it would be nice to see how our actions are affecting what most would consider the "present". Maybe get a chance to meet some of the canon characters.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

4. - Top - End - #64

I'm not against the idea per-se, but I have a preference away from it. Mostly because this RP is meant to tell the story of our characters in this universe.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    I'm not against the idea per-se, but I have a preference away from it. Mostly because this RP is meant to tell the story of our characters in this universe.
    Right, but I don't see how it a timeskip would change that. It's still the story of our characters, their actions and the consequences of such. I'm not suggesting we shift the focus to the canon characters, but instead use them as supporting characters in our own stories.

Actually, that's one of the reasons I was disappointed that this game wasn't set in the modern era already - if you remove the characters and events that make up what we know of DBZ, then what's actually saying this is even a DBZ game, aside from the available species and some vague references?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-09-02 at 05:13 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

I'm with Ing on this. and personally if I were to even show the future with the canon characters....it'd be mostly as a joke if we ever go to Kanassa. like Yamcha is just randomly the President of Mars or Vegeta is still a warrior, but he would also be a Ph.D in some random field and still an egotistical guy, while Goku despite all the changes is still just Goku no matter what happens. Or Freeza is born as some random colony Arcosian and works as some normal guard, and isn't evil at all.

though I guess I could write a thing where the Androids meet the Z-Fighters? as a non-canon thing? It'd be kind of biased toward the DBZA versions though, I'm not sure if I even remember the real canon versions enough to not get tainted by TFS's way of doing them.

As for fusions:
    I do intend upon fusing 23 and 22 at some point, at least in temporary fusion ways. Their Fusion is Android 45.

other fusions however, have the problem of two different players of characters now having to control the SAME character. Meaning you have to figure out some way of agreeing how to make decisions. I can see two ways this can go:

1. you can discuss each decision and what you agree upon is what you go with

2. you can take turns what actions they take. First action is player A, second Action is Player B and back to A, and so on.

3. you can determine which personality is more dominant and give that fusion to the player of the dominant personality.

as for the Supreme Kai of Time:
    I control her, and her reasons for doing so well.....extensively said at this point. like I'm sure we already went over this? But whatever I'll just say this:

Believe it or not the Supreme Kai of Time, doesn't have the authority to wipe out uncountable numbers of innocent lives just because the alternate timeline in which they are in isn't going as expected. I mean, Beerus technically does have the authority, but he is Beerus, y'know?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #67

More specifically, remember that "less is more" is a truism in storytelling. Unless you have a plotline where Yajirobe or Krillin would have an important role and it can't not be anyone else like, say, the diminutive Colonial Arcosian Chillin, they aren't necessary. It's a creative crutch.

Also, one of the ideas i've been trying to project in my descriptions of the Arcosian Empire is that the known universe is a massive place. Absolutely massive. DBZ plus movies probably only ever depicted a dozen or so. Don't feel hamstrung, get creative! Maybe a star is collapsing into a Neutron Star and is about to fire a gamma burst of radiation from the poles of its magnetic field, with an incredibly important and populated planet projected to be in the way! Maybe explorers have made first contact with a new race of aliens whose natural habitat is the void of space. The proportions of their bodies are measured in light-seconds, and their power-levels are massive. The Dead are rising all across the Silian Sector! Or you can come up with something more down-to-earth if you're averse to scale creep. A human King is raising taxes to repair his kingdom's infrastructure after fighting off an invading army from a rival Kingdom, but the tax burden is hurting his people economically and fanning the flames of revolution, what do?

I dunno, get creative!
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-09-02 at 07:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I have my own creative stuff I have mind:

-like a silicon based form of life alien that lives naturally at molten temperatures, and needs ki to be fast enough to interact with anyone outside of that because in normal conditions they are literally as slow as the changing of the continents, and their planet got destroyed by the Arcosians so now they are on this meteor filled with lava while their fighters wait on the outside trying to find a planet to crash into and and inhabit the mantle, problem, is no lifeless planet will do, since not all planets HAVE a mantle or a molten core, and lots of lifeless planets don't have a mantle.

-some civilization like The Culture meets DBZ level ki-fighters and are completely blind-sided by their existence as well as the Dragon Balls, not believing what they are seeing.

-a guy named Lord Announcington wants to start the First Budokai Tournament on Earth, but his House is low on funds from funding a failed children's card game tournament and he needs to raise the money...

-or a grown up Cell Jr. going back in time to try and eat all the Tuffles for their genius, just so he can gain a slight advantage against another Cell Jr. from his time, because this Cell Jr. is Ranked 9998th in the universal Cell Ranks, and he want to beat the 9997th or even 9996th ranked Cell Jrs, and eventually challenge the real Cell in oh about....a hundred years maybe?

-Yankar, Descendent of Yamcha, a pure human determined to prove that humanity can beat others and stand on its own two feet without needing super forms or weird special techniques and will fight anyone to prove it.

things like that. that and: are you sure you want this to be a permanent thing, Hawkflight? or do you just want to try it out? Because if you want to try it out, I can always just make a thread specifically for that where it will be non-canon and the Androids and Starlight can make a short trip to the Z-Fighters time and meet them, and see where it goes from there. though I can already predict what will happen:

Vegeta will be a massive egotistical jerk no matter what.
    Goku will want to eat animals that Starlight will want to protect no matter what.
    Both are literally the strongest fighters of their time and won't like people standing in their way, you can see how that will go downhill from there.

Future Trunks, if he is there will endure Vegeta going "Seven? Do I hear seven?" then attacking the Androids.

The rest of the Z-Fighters then pretty much stand around just making snarky comments at this or each other, waiting for Goku to inevitably win by pulling something out of his hat. Thats the authentic Dragon Ball Z experience in a nutshell.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

More specifically, remember that "less is more" is a truism in storytelling. Unless you have a plotline where Yajirobe or Krillin would have an important role and it can't not be anyone else like, say, the diminutive Colonial Arcosian Chillin, they aren't necessary. It's a creative crutch.

Also, one of the ideas i've been trying to project in my descriptions of the Arcosian Empire is that the known universe is a massive place. Absolutely massive. DBZ plus movies probably only ever depicted a dozen or so. Don't feel hamstrung, get creative! Maybe a star is collapsing into a Neutron Star and is about to fire a gamma burst of radiation from the poles of its magnetic field, with an incredibly important and populated planet projected to be in the way! Maybe explorers have made first contact with a new race of aliens whose natural habitat is the void of space. The proportions of their bodies are measured in light-seconds, and their power-levels are massive. The Dead are rising all across the Silian Sector! Or you can come up with something more down-to-earth if you're averse to scale creep. A human King is raising taxes to repair his kingdom's infrastructure after fighting off an invading army from a rival Kingdom, but the tax burden is hurting his people economically and fanning the flames of revolution, what do?

I dunno, get creative!
    Personally, I feel like your core argument is contradictory to the point of this RP. This is a Dragon Ball Z RP, very specifically. If we just go off in our own direction and do stuff that has nothing to do with the core DBZ setting, like you suggest, then it's no longer a DBZ game, because if everything we're doing could just as easily be a Yu Yu Hakusho RP, or a Bleach RP, or a One Piece In Space RP, it defeats the very purpose of the game. When I joined a DBZ game, I did so to interact with the DBZ universe, not to go off and do my own thing. If we were just going to do that, we could just as easily make our own original setting and lose absolutely nothing.

What makes a particular story interesting is two things; the first is the setting, which is all we've been interacting with so far. Granted, we've interacted with a few canon characters' great great great great grandparents, but for the most part, it's just been the setting. And that's fine. But at some point, I'd like to interact with the second thing that makes the story of DBZ interesting: its characters. Now, I realize that this timeline has been, for lack of a better term, corrupted (I personally have the theory that it's become its own budding universe, specifically Universe 13, due to how much things have been altered, but that's neither here nor there), but the core of what these characters are is still there, and I would very much like to interact with them at some point and see the effects our changes have wrought.

And no, it's not a crutch. Just because you're bringing in a canon character to interact with does not automatically make them a crutch. If they're shoehorned in for no good reason, then perhaps yes, but I think highly enough of this little group of nerds to think that however we insert them ill add to the story, and not be used as a crutch. We can still save New Plant from a neutron blast; we can still make contact with void-dwelling species (Goku: "Cool! I'mma fight them!"); we can tell all these new stories while still setting them within the core universe. If we don't interact with the core DBZ universe, then what is even the point of calling this a DBZ RP in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    That and: are you sure you want this to be a permanent thing, Hawkflight? or do you just want to try it out? Because if you want to try it out, I can always just make a thread specifically for that where it will be non-canon and the Androids and Starlight can make a short trip to the Z-Fighters time and meet them, and see where it goes from there.
    Well, I'd kind of like it to be, but I suppose we could always do a non-canon trial run. Like, maybe we get sucked into the future via a time distortion or something.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the Supreme Kai of Time:

I control her, and her reasons for doing so well.....extensively said at this point. like I'm sure we already went over this? But whatever I'll just say this:

Believe it or not the Supreme Kai of Time, doesn't have the authority to wipe out uncountable numbers of innocent lives just because the alternate timeline in which they are in isn't going as expected. I mean, Beerus technically does have the authority, but he is Beerus, y'know?
    I thought in Xenoverse she specifically eliminated rogue timelines?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Hawkflight, half the point of making a roleplay for this is for our own characters to interact with the setting, I doubt you'd find anyone who would LIKE there to be canon characters, because you run into the Elminster Problem in Forgotten Realms. Elminster is a canon character, so the result is that he is always used as an overpowered character who doesn't actually do anything himself or takes over the narrative completely because overpowered Elminster is overpowered. Thats why most people when they play Forgotten Realms, phase out the canon characters so that the PC's can have room to do their own thing without interference or fears that they living in Elminsters shadow.

that and the Bleach RP on this board doesn't have the canon characters to my recollection. Nor would I see the point in having the canon characters in a Pony RP aside from Celestia or Luna because Mane Six could very well take over the narrative, or the canonical Crystal Gems in a hypothetical Steven Universe roleplay because they would take over the narrative, and so on, because your faced with the choice of whether to make this your story that your sucking the canon characters into, and thus risk de-protagonizing and dis-respecting the characters that are MORE made for this universe than yours are, or just becoming a side-character for the canon ones who then solve the problem and you end up not having fun. Its the reason why people look down on insert-fics and mary sues who fix all the problems type of fan-fics. And why I'd rather play a pokemon trainer who never meets Ash Ketchum rather than one who does. Ash Ketchum is only one guy. He isn't the end-all be all of the universe, even if he is the protagonist. And I'd rather have a Dragon Ball that I can explore what I want with, rather than retreading old ground, that honestly doesn't serve any purpose aside from fan-service to hypothetical fans of us that don't actually exist.

I mean, sure, its awesome when Kirk and Picard meet or when Mara in Star Wars meets Luke as her Jedi mentor, but thats not the point.

The point of Episode 7 of Star Wars, is so that we can watch different people in the same universe. Why the heck would I want to watch Luke and Han Solo again when their story is already finished? Let someone new have a chance. Let Mara and Finn become heroes in their own right, let Star Trek the Next Generation do its own thing without needing to pointlessly bring in the hero of the Original Series. Let Korra become her own Avatar without needing constant guidance from Aang. Let Wax and Wayne be their own heroes without needing Vin or Kelsier. Let Nightwing have his own comic book series without needing to always go back to ol' Batsy for help. I don't want my media to revolve around the same characters forever, I want them to expand and grow, to look at other locales, to see whats happening when they are NOT around and other heroes need to step up.

But nevertheless my offer to do a non-canon trial run remains.

Edit: On Supreme Kai of Time:
    my reading was more rogue shards of time disconnected from the timelines that by themselves are moments in time that if left unchecked could do something bad. but....really I'm mostly controlling the Supreme Kai of Time as damage control. To make sure that it didn't go to somebody who would take the canon too literally and instead use her as a way to keep the Roleplay on track. She is a good person, a hero and I highly doubt that she would kill a bunch of other heroes and good people just because time told her to. The Time Patrol, is meant to be a bunch of unambiguous good guys who face evil to save all of time. To kill a bunch of good people over a strict reading of their regulations is evil. Thats all that is needed really. The truth of the matter is that the RA are the good guys and there is no reason for the Time Patrol to do something like that to a bunch of good people who are outcasts and just trying to band together to make better lives for themselves. The answer to your question is quite simply "because they are not evil"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-09-02 at 08:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I understand where you're coming from. And admittedly, most of my desire is to explore the modern setting and the consequences of our actions, with meeting the canon characters being secondary to that.

But I find it interesting that you mention ponies, because there is an episode of MLP that does exactly what I'm suggesting: Slice of Life. In that episode, we see background characters, and even some new characters we've never seen before, living their own lives and acting out their own plot. The mane six are there, but in the background. Just because they're there doesn't mean they dominate the story. I'm not suggesting featuring the canon characters heavily, but to go back to the pony example, it would be like focusing on a group of OCs in Ponyville. They have their own lives and their own problems which they solve on their own, but the canon characters are still there. And maybe every once in a while Twilight Sparkle visits your coffee pony's coffee shop for a drink, or Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash visit your joke shop pony's shop for supplies, but even then they play a supporting role at most, and a background role more often than not.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, that method.

Yeah, as long as they're in the background, works. But we've already done a lot to build up the setting and time we're currently in. See? Ing has a lot invested in it, I have a lot invested in it, igor has a lot invested in it, FF has a lot invested in it

and we can do the background canon character thing ALREADY without being in modern times. Time Travel can take care of that no problem. With the Time Patrol, our timeline and the Main timeline can be pretty much just two separate locations that characters can visit from one another occasionally if we want. like maybe Vegeta randomly comes by seeking a better fight through time, or maybe we occasionally meet the in Toki-Toki town or something. I think we can work this out without changing our current setting, that we have a lot invested in.

Perhaps look into figuring out safer time travel for this or something?

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    But I find it interesting that you mention ponies, because there is an episode of MLP that does exactly what I'm suggesting: Slice of Life. In that episode, we see background characters, and even some new characters we've never seen before, living their own lives and acting out their own plot. The mane six are there, but in the background. Just because they're there doesn't mean they dominate the story. I'm not suggesting featuring the canon characters heavily, but to go back to the pony example, it would be like focusing on a group of OCs in Ponyville. They have their own lives and their own problems which they solve on their own, but the canon characters are still there. And maybe every once in a while Twilight Sparkle visits your coffee pony's coffee shop for a drink, or Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash visit your joke shop pony's shop for supplies, but even then they play a supporting role at most, and a background role more often than not.
    But that's the thing. The episode is eminently Time Turner's story. It's Cranky's story. It's Muffin's Derpy's story. We aren't writing them out of the narrative completely. After all some canon characters have already made appearances, King Kai, SKoT, and (not really) Beerus to name a few. In this instance we're in agreement. We simply want to make sure that the story of our characters are able to keep their focus as much as possible. We can expand the universe of DBZ.

Edit: On Supreme Kai of Time:
    my reading was more rogue shards of time disconnected from the timelines that by themselves are moments in time that if left unchecked could do something bad. but....really I'm mostly controlling the Supreme Kai of Time as damage control. To make sure that it didn't go to somebody who would take the canon too literally and instead use her as a way to keep the Roleplay on track. She is a good person, a hero and I highly doubt that she would kill a bunch of other heroes and good people just because time told her to. The Time Patrol, is meant to be a bunch of unambiguous good guys who face evil to save all of time. To kill a bunch of good people over a strict reading of their regulations is evil. Thats all that is needed really. The truth of the matter is that the RA are the good guys and there is no reason for the Time Patrol to do something like that to a bunch of good people who are outcasts and just trying to band together to make better lives for themselves. The answer to your question is quite simply "because they are not evil"
    It's always been my impression that Time Patrol, while they are "Good" only intervene in the event of unstable timelines. Usually as a result of time traveling. As is the result of 22/23/Oxy's appearance and Trunks' repeated incursions into Universe 18, their interventions resulted in stable timelines, thus there was no need to unmake the timeline.

As for what is an "unstable" timeline, I couldn't say, but I would say it falls under the category of "very bad thing" if the instability is allowed to fester.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, that method.

Yeah, as long as they're in the background, works. But we've already done a lot to build up the setting and time we're currently in. See? Ing has a lot invested in it, I have a lot invested in it, igor has a lot invested in it, FF has a lot invested in it

and we can do the background canon character thing ALREADY without being in modern times. Time Travel can take care of that no problem. With the Time Patrol, our timeline and the Main timeline can be pretty much just two separate locations that characters can visit from one another occasionally if we want. like maybe Vegeta randomly comes by seeking a better fight through time, or maybe we occasionally meet the in Toki-Toki town or something. I think we can work this out without changing our current setting, that we have a lot invested in.

Perhaps look into figuring out safer time travel for this or something?
    Perhaps. But I'd still like to see how our actions have shaped the new modern world. I'm invested enough to want to see the consequences of our actions, see? How our characters' actions have changed the course of history. Though I suppose having the two time periods as essentially separate locations could work out too. Maybe someone from our time period escapes into the future, and we have to spend an arc tracking them down? Just as an example.

It's always been my impression that Time Patrol, while they are "Good" only intervene in the event of unstable timelines. Usually as a result of time traveling. As is the result of 22/23/Oxy's appearance and Trunks' repeated incursions into Universe 18, their interventions resulted in stable timelines, thus there was no need to unmake the timeline.

As for what is an "unstable" timeline, I couldn't say, but I would say it falls under the category of "very bad thing" if the instability is allowed to fester.
    I thought our timeline was unstable? Hence why so many time travelers keep winding up there? I'd reckon that our timeline essentially being a time travelers' "black hole" would warrant investigating, wouldn't you? In fact ... I actually have an idea for a new character. Give me a bit to whip one up.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Plot-related: Who plays the kai of time? I'd like to RP addressing the question of why this universe even exists, when the Supreme Kai of Time should have removed it by now. (I have a couple of ideas as to why, though I'm interested in hearing others' opinions.)
    ... we already had that.

Like, seriously, we already had that. Princess Celestia, played by you, went to meet Supreme Kai of Time, played by raziere.

There's no need to revisit it unless you want to bring Time Patrol out of the closet again.

Also, I know this is a ways off, but ... what do we do after we defeat Hailing? I was thinking it might be fun, once we've accomplished all of our goals, to timeskip to the present of DBZ and see how our changes have affected things.
    Point of note: when I came up with this game, I thought we'd make the way there in increments, jumping forward a few decades or a century at time.

I also expected people would play lower-power characters for longer and we'd see the World's strongest tournament come to being before people left to space. The time-travel aspect caused it to balloon in the middle.

So I'm not, in principle, opposed to timeskips. But there are still unanswered questions in the past of this timeline. The Tournament is the biggest one.

It's also good to think what a distant future setting will look like after all our alterations. They won't just affect "canon" characters, some will flatly not come to being. There would be no Frieza. No Goku nor Vegeta. No Namekian and Kami and no King Piccolo either, and consequently, no Master Mutaito, no Kamesennin, no Tsurusennin etc.

Instead we'd have... what? Luxana's descendant as Kami? Dragon Balls as largely forgotten devices no-one knows how to use? Red Planet Army ruling the solar system with an iron fist and duking it out with Galactic Patrol and Time Patrol?

Such a time will not resemble canonical DBZ "present" anymore than our past resembles the canonical past at this point.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

My intention is for Masala to actually wind up in South City to start the Budokai Tournament.

while if we're really thinking through the consequences....well, that depends. possibilities bloom and branch endlessly.

to assume the best outcome:
    the Arcosian Empire is replaced with a Galactic Assembly with representatives from all planets. Earth is apart of it and has space age technology, socialist systems make sure everyone gets Senzu beans as basic food so that no one goes hungry, the Galactic Patrol enforces a united law across the galaxy with all races taking part, ki fighters are the enforcers and martial arts tournaments are prime entertainment across the galaxy. Things like that.

However the problems: I don't imagine Android 23 telling anyone about the Dragon Balls or Oxyribo, but still uses the former when needed. So I imagine the Galactic Assembly would have questions like "We know you have this thing called Dragon Balls, why haven't you shared them with us and replicated them? And what is this Oxyribo? We have historical records from Oxy City of his existence and that he was apart of the Rebel Alliance during your time, why won't you talk about him?" which any explanation of Bio-Androids might become "Why haven't you told us about this potentially perfect protector and weapon against evil? We could've start research on how to replicate this centuries ago!" and then you have the makings of Cell 2.0

To assume the worst:
    Hailing is killed, his replacement is even worse than him. Arcosian Empire outright starts launching wars on everyone. the Galaxy is torn apart from the constant fighting, Earth and New Plant and various other planets get caught up in it and become post-apocalyptic wastelands where the survivors do everything they can to survive, with strange new mutations arising from the ashes such as Half-Arcosian Half-Humans, or half namekians, or other strange hybrids and makeshift cyborgs, and generally the new present is a galaxy wide post-apocalypse that no one won and is filled with strange beings. The Dragon Balls are still there though, and can still provide hope.

and any number of situations in between.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, just to throw in my 2 cents, I feel like we already have some things going after Hailing is defeated.

For example, the Red Planet Army seems like it could provide a good story arc, I don't know specifically how long it would take, but if it's like the Red Pants army then it's basically as long as we want it to be, adding generals commanders admirals and such.
    Make it count.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, let's see. I never saw much of the original Dragon Ball, but based on what I'm seeing on the wiki, I imagine it would go something like this:

The saiyans are still planning on conquering other planets, so it's not too far-fetched to believe Goku is still sent to Earth. Maybe he hits his head, maybe he doesn't, but - unpopular opinion time - I don't personally subscribe to the "head trauma turning him good" hypothesis, for personal reasons. Much of the original Dragon Ball arc could still happen, honestly - most of the original characters are unaffected by our plot so far, with the biggest issue being the dragon balls. But I think we're planning on removing the password and making them use English, so that shouldn't change much.

The biggest change would be that King Piccolo never became evil and went on a rampage - that character is now Trombone Jr, who has his own unique character arc to go through. Mutaito would have lived longer, but Roshi still probably would have founded his school eventually. Though maybe not? Maybe Goku ended up training under him, with Roshi as his assistant. 22 and 23 would still be alive, the latter still Kami ... unless Trombone Jr decides to split himself to become Kami, like in the original? I could see it going either way, with either 23 keeping the position or Trombone Jr taking it so 23 can retire and live in peace.

While Earth itself is relatively unaffected, things change greatly at an intergalactic scale. The Arcosian Empire, instead of being evil, has instead evolved into a relatively benign alliance of various species, somewhat akin to the Federation of Planets from Star Trek. Vegeta (the Prince of all Saiyans) rules the saiyans, possibly alongside his father, and hears about the dragon balls from Raditz, who would have been sent to Earth like in the original series. However, it's with the Frieza arc that things really change. Because the Empire is benign now, they're not invading and attempting to destroy Namek, so Goku and the others are able to wish their friends back without any problems.

So, what happens next? Well, it's entirely possible Namek has its own monsters, but none are as powerful as Frieza, so it's unlikely that Goku becomes a super saiyan, meaning he and the others aren't as powerful in this timeline. This, I feel, is where someone would need to step in to preserve the timeline. Maybe someone engineers a threat as powerful as Frieza to make Goku go super saiyan, or maybe it's forced through some other method, but without it, Goku doesn't become powerful enough to face future threats. I don't know how our actions will affect the Cell arc, considering Lord Gero and all, but he definitely wouldn't be powerful enough to beat Majin Buu's evil side. Perhaps in this universe, Vegeta became the original super saiyan, and Goku is trying to keep up in a bit of a role reversal? Or maybe, again, the time patrol needs to get involved, or even the agents from S.M.I.L.E.?

Either way, Battle of Gods either never happened, or it did and it was Vegeta who became the Super Saiyan God. Revival of F never happened, and ... I can't really speak to Super, as I haven't seen it yet (I'm waiting for the dub).
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #79

I don't personally subscribe to the "head trauma turning him good"
    The head trauma didn't turn him good, Saiyan's mentally and physically mature MUCH faster than humans, the trauma damaged his brain and basically made his mind function similar to a human baby, than Grandpa Gohan raised him, which I believe is what made him good.

Basically nature vs. nurture

- - - Updated - - -

Relating to the future/present /whatever.

If the Dragon Balls aren't a very big part of the world (such as people actually knowing about them and being able to use them) them the whole story begins to fall apart.

Bulma doesn't go searching for them. (even if she does, Goku more than likely wouldn't have the 4 star which is why they met)

Goku doesn't leave his home (or at the vet least doesn't go on the Journey to the West original adventure.

Goku probably never meets Roshi, never trains with him and therefore doesn't get significantly stronger

Chi-Chi is never betrothed to Goku

Gohan is never Born

Raditz would be able to VERY easily over power Goku (to kidnap/kill or whatever his plan was)

Raditz would have nothing prominent to Report to Vegita

IF Vegita still goes to earth, the strongest person to fight him would be Roshi (and the Red Ribbon Army since Goku wouldn't have stopped them more than likely) (Yajirobe would still be total garbage since he would've never went through training with Goku, and Yamcha would still be a bandit)

I could continue, but in my opinion it's already entirely different.
    Make it count.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, why aren't the dragon balls a big part of the world? I don't see anything changing that. I mean, of course they were created earlier, but I don't see how that makes them any less prominent.

EDIT: Is everyone okay with my making a new time patrol character to join the group? At least temporarily, if not permanently?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-09-03 at 02:36 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Revival of F never happened
    We're gonna call it "Revival of H" instead

and ... I can't really speak to Super, as I haven't seen it yet (I'm waiting for the dub).
    Likewise.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. i actually do thinking a lot about refrencing to the future:

Fenrir is actually
    Spoiler
    Show
    King Furry ancestor! Who have found the seven dragon balls and wished to be king of Earth!
    and on Fenrir's arc I'll also use the shape****ers

I WAS also considering to create an ancestor to Pilaf...

At a very far future from a paralell universe- Empress Burgunda! The daughter of Champa!

I have two lores which I gave a lot of thought- Trombone and the Nyagato.

About future... Hmm still a LOT can change.

Actually I thought that the RA will try to build an alternative to the empire
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Ok lets break it down:

Hawkflight 1: I've been trying to make them a bigger part of the world. Remember the earth scientists talking about the "False Eclipse" thing? Thats them noticing the sky going dark every time Shenron is summoned. The idea is that people WILL investigate at some point to find out what is causing False Eclipses and what makes them happen, and that will one day lead to the discovery of the Dragon Balls

2. I was considering making a weaker time patrol character as a sort of inter-service liaison between the TP and the RA to mend relations between them- a friendly chipper Namekian in battle armor- but you could something like that instead. the idea being that the Time Patrol has seen a pattern in that the RA has bad relationships with people more powerful than them, and thus want to avoid it by sending one of their newer members to work with them. I mostly want to do other concepts more anyways.

3. the history you laid out seems well thought out and plausible. But I don't see what the value is in "preserving the timeline". The timeline where all that happens is already preserved. Its over there, completely unchanged because of Multiverse Theory. We're not even touching it. Again: why are we insisting on retreading this? There are more creative ways of including both Majin Buu and Cell as foes. like my Cell Jr. idea, or for Majin Buu having an entire arc over the simple decision of whether or not to release him in the first place early because there are really good arguments for and against that either way.

Ishimi:
    1. At the same time, Raditz, Vegeta and so on all grow up working with the Tuffles, who over time teach and steer them a different direction through education and social skills over the centuries, could make sure that they go a different direction than in canon. and even if Raditz or the Saiyans were to attack, do you think the Androids would let that slide? Nah.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

2. I was considering making a weaker time patrol character as a sort of inter-service liaison between the TP and the RA to mend relations between them- a friendly chipper Namekian in battle armor- but you could something like that instead. the idea being that the Time Patrol has seen a pattern in that the RA has bad relationships with people more powerful than them, and thus want to avoid it by sending one of their newer members to work with them. I mostly want to do other concepts more anyways.
    Well, let me know what you were thinking, and I can try to incorporate it into my character. Heck, we could even RP the Time Patrol sending her off on her mission.

3. the history you laid out seems well thought out and plausible. But I don't see what the value is in "preserving the timeline". The timeline where all that happens is already preserved. Its over there, completely unchanged because of Multiverse Theory. We're not even touching it. Again: why are we insisting on retreading this? There are more creative ways of including both Majin Buu and Cell as foes. like my Cell Jr. idea, or for Majin Buu having an entire arc over the simple decision of whether or not to release him in the first place early because there are really good arguments for and against that either way.
    It's not a matter of whether we as the players know it or not, it's still uncertain to the characters. Also, I had this idea that due to the multiple changes in the timeline essentially turning it into a temporal black hole, this timeline is sort of budding off and becoming its own universe (Universe 13, I think?), and I was thinking of portraying this to the characters so they could relax and not have to worry about accidentally affecting the main timeline or anything. I was originally going to bring Celestia back into it, but if I'm making a Time Patrol character, I can just have her deliver the exposition message instead.

Ishimi:

1. At the same time, Raditz, Vegeta and so on all grow up working with the Tuffles, who over time teach and steer them a different direction through education and social skills over the centuries, could make sure that they go a different direction than in canon. and even if Raditz or the Saiyans were to attack, do you think the Androids would let that slide? Nah.
    "Wait, you went to Saiyan University? What could someone like you possibly major in?"
    "Child psychology!"
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-09-03 at 08:02 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

1. That was what I was thinking about it. Newbie, weaker guy, won't lecture the RA as if they're children from some arbitrary position of strength, thats pretty much all I'd aim for, because historically speaking? old powerful people lecturing the PC's? has never went well.

though he might have training in psychology as well, maybe? who knows.

2. Ok, I'm pretty sure 23 and 22 stopped worrying about it a long time ago when it became clear that Oxyribo was right and that they weren't fading or popping out of existence from changing time so that they themselves wouldn't exist, but cool.

3. Keep in mind, thats from only one generation of Saiyans having access to such things- when Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta, it had only been named Planet Vegeta for only about, 30 or 40 years or less, the Saiyans killing all the Tuffles and making a deal with the Arcosians were recent things, "happened in many Saiyans life times" recent. What I'm talking about is five centuries of Tuffles and Saiyans working together to build a happier society for both. Which is a much bigger cultural change than in canon.

though, isn't all this really getting a little ahead of ourselves? I mostly just want to play out arcs and villains rather than play in terms of time and decades, and we still haven't solved like, four or five different problems in the present day. like....

1. Spoon and Hailing are still alive
    2. Sailor Arcos is slowly going insane
    3. still haven't gotten Talsaiga mixed into this
    4. still haven't solved Vodkana being framed
    5. people still don't trust Apfel

and I'd rather think in terms of plots that we can act upon than situations that might or not be viable for solving or fun fights.

26. - Top - End - #86

Ishimi:
    The first half would change things even more. Like, drastically.

Goku and Broly would never be sent, Raditz wouldn't come afterwards because of that, and even if Vegita came for no discernable reason it probably wouldn't be as a conqueror.

As for an PCs "Letting things slide", Hawkflight suggested time travel, I.E we wouldn't be there when it happened.
    Spoiler: PARADOX TIME!
    Show

At lest... Not yet, even though it already happened and we might go back and change it, but then it never happened so we would then have no reason to change it so it would then happen, because we didn't intervene, So when we go forwards we'll see it and decide to intervene...etc.
    Make it count.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

1. That was what I was thinking about it. Newbie, weaker guy, won't lecture the RA as if they're children from some arbitrary position of strength, thats pretty much all I'd aim for, because historically speaking? old powerful people lecturing the PC's? has never went well.

though he might have training in psychology as well, maybe? who knows.

3. Keep in mind, thats from only one generation of Saiyans having access to such things- when Freeza destroyed Planet Vegeta, it had only been named Planet Vegeta for only about, 30 or 40 years or less, the Saiyans killing all the Tuffles and making a deal with the Arcosians were recent things, "happened in many Saiyans life times" recent. What I'm talking about is five centuries of Tuffles and Saiyans working together to build a happier society for both. Which is a much bigger cultural change than in canon.

though, isn't all this really getting a little ahead of ourselves? I mostly just want to play out arcs and villains rather than play in terms of time and decades, and we still haven't solved like, four or five different problems in the present day. like....
    Fair, though I should point out that that's assuming that the saiyans are even accepting of the idea of working together. After all, they were specifically promised new planets to conquer and new foes to fight when they were led off of Plant. As for the agent ... heh heh heh, trust me, she will be neither old nor imposing at all. :3

Anyways ... time for a timeskip?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Time skip? But.. we still have few issues...

and FF-sama-

if Kaio make a body for Guit... I guess it would be green. Right?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

29. - Top - End - #89

Time skip like Till morning?

Or like everyone was discussing? I mean, we still have quite a bit of stuff going on.
    Make it count.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant until morning, or possibly New Plant.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show