New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWvl_MW8kJk
    Here. a proof for Vodkana's visit at Equestria.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

So should Hailing's shenanigans on Earth have their own sidethreads so as to not slow down the main storyline?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    So should Hailing's shenanigans on Earth have their own sidethreads so as to not slow down the main storyline?
    Well, it doesn't seem that Hailing's Artifact Hunt is anything particularly important to the overall plot, so I guess yes, I can make one for that when we're ready?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Well, it doesn't seem that Hailing's Artifact Hunt is anything particularly important to the overall plot, so I guess yes, I can make one for that when we're ready?
    Or we could use the pre-existing sidequests thread. That's what it's for, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that works to. I guess I could also put in things for Hydrovore there as well.

6. - Top - End - #1026

I think for the start of Hailing's artifact hunt, he'd inquire to several of the humans he overheard talking about lost artifacts, see if they can't provide additional info.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

I've posted with Tigra in the sidequest thread.

BTW, Igor, did you have any particular plans for Vodkana's visit to Equestria? I must admit to being a bit lost for what to do there.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh, good, the forum is back up and posts are rolling once more. And now that Hawkflight has posted, Frozen and I can get the ball rolling on what's up on Mars while Hailing is announcing his claim on Earth. I'm only sad that Max didn't get a chance to see it....he would have sent a split form dressed in that wizard outfit to go lodge a complaint about the unlawful search and seizure of his floating home.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ettin in the Playground

@Hawkflight: I thought we'd continue the tournament in the main thread?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    @Hawkflight: I thought we'd continue the tournament in the main thread?
    I thought it was the side thread? Raz?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Titan in the Playground

work it out yourselves, I don't care which one. as long as it happens. Thats the point, I feel, so that they happen and not get bogged down.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's call it the main thread for the tournament then, since Hailing's doing his global announcement there and all, and that seems like it will have a major impact on things.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

So, uh ... what next? Are we training? Should I have Starlight find Apfel and train with him, then go to get her super form? How will we manage those, anyway?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

As dramatically and with as much weight as possible. Acquiring a Super Form for the first time should not be anything easily done, or done lightly. And we should save them for after the time skip. Which should be soon, I really don't have anything else to do, not main story wise. I was going to have Android 23 give Groundbreaking Science to a scientist to get Earth to start training up their ki once she got back as her contribution to improving the world, but with Hailing stuff the opportunity kind of got lost.

but yeah, 23 is just going to start training and such now. let me know when we get to the Masala vs. Yankar fight.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant more like, are we going to have our own little sidequests in the main thread for getting them, or in the sidequests thread, or an entirely new separate thread just for training? Maybe individual threads for each arc? I mean, I can't imagine many (if any) of them will be obtained in a solo act, so will we take turns getting them or just have multiple stories running side-by-side at different times?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

Since, we have decided that the R.A. wont fight Hailing right now, let's go through two routes-
    the awesome training of each of the R.A. members. (which also have to be thought. For exaple- I would like to see Vodkana help 23 to control Flowey form, while letting herself in her destructive desire and still be in control.
    Also, each should roleplay or simply describe the awesome event which made her gain super mode. For example, I'v an idea for another assisian, which could challenge Apfel to the extreme.
    Or Bodkana going to save Meal herself.
    About Starlight, I already have offered my idea to Hawk in private.

Second route- Since we are NOT baka sayians, we should plan Hailing's attack as... assisnation plot.
    The place and how...
    I didnt had chance to fully expose it- but the Meal Cooking style also have preservation beam, which meant to make food last longer, and most importantly... get stronger by itself.
    So the idea, that after Vodkana will befriend Hailing. (As minister) when and where the time will be right she will serve a troll pickles with 1,000,000 pl. During the shock start with the others the assisnation attempt.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Second route- Since we are NOT baka sayians, we should plan Hailing's attack as... assisnation plot.
    The place and how...
    I didnt had chance to fully expose it- but the Meal Cooking style also have preservation beam, which meant to make food last longer, and most importantly... get stronger by itself.
    So the idea, that after Vodkana will befriend Hailing. (As minister) when and where the time will be right she will serve a troll pickles with 1,000,000 pl. During the shock start with the others the assisnation attempt.
    I agree that I foresee more planning and working together in our attempt. While the Frieza fight is like a Platinum fighting game (rules of nature, etc.), I foresee our battle with Hailing being like a dungeon raid in an MMO - careful planning, synergizing of abilities, etc. We have our white mage, our monk, our rage mage, our mechanist, our ... um ... revenant? Anyhoof, you get the point.

Also, you never answered my question -- did you have any plans or goals in mind for Vodkana in Equestria?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

I was mostly thinking that I'd just start training then cut to a year later to show off the results of the training in battle then the Androids would get the power up in the eleventh hour, because thats what I'm sticking to. and of course show the Vodkana/ Flowey 23 fight.

and yeah I agree with Hawkflight about the dungeon raid thing......we're not going to even use the Shenron to get to Arcos. Too risky for various reasons.

19. - Top - End - #1039

I like Igor's idea, it gives us gaining our Super forms some weight while also allowing us to flesh out our characters. I'd be willing to control, say, a coalition's united attack against Planet Meal that the R.A (or even just Vodkana herself) has to repel either through force or diplomancy.

edit: This can all be done in the main thread.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-05-18 at 11:44 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

So ... are we just doing all of the powerup quests in the main thread then? That didn't really answer my question.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana in Equestria, should aproached carefully, since it is in the past.
    I didn't anything planned beside learning how to be friend and how to care, and flirting with anything that moves..
    BUT! maybe she could obtain there, her first Stormart Nyagato form?
    For example, getting into situation where thousands on point of starving to death, unless the fed in the next hour,
    or starving army, that is about to lose...
    And of course creating a magical peanut-jam sandwich worth of it's own window

It is important, because in order to get the Pure Stormart form, Vodkana has to gain all the Stormart form.
    "Pure Stormart" is the closest in matters of PL to Super Sayian, but it's more about some imposibble feats.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2017-05-19 at 12:29 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #1042

RedWizardGuy

So, if we're gearing up for a time skip, should Max, Calcifer 2, and Dr. Whooves move into a more 'time is passing, they are working on things, fading to black' mode to help transition into that?

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ettin in the Playground

Would be fine with me.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm ... my only concern is that ... well, one, I hate writing long blocks of text. But two, Starlight's super form requires participation from all of her friends as well, and I don't feel comfortable writing for them since they're not my characters.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #1045

RedWizardGuy

Well, if Starlight's is a 'friendship mode, activate' then it might behoove her to learn a little light telepathy and with a focus on the friends and family network plan. You know, so that in her pinch moment she can reach out to draw on the strength of those others to activate super friendship mode (not to be confused with the psychodelic, super friendship mode plus, or super friendship mode plus super).

Silliness aside, I think it would be fair to assume that during the time skip the various player characters who haven't met yet would at least encounter each other, and a bit of cross pollination of techniques might emerge.

And when it comes to cooperative writing, you might want to write a rough draft, IM it to the other players involved so it can be bat around and edited a bit for the people participating, to make sure that wording or reactions are more or less correct before it makes it's way to being posted. It might help to utilize a discord group or something to bat prospective text back and forth faster.

26. - Top - End - #1046

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post

((Do you want to say it happens off-screen, or RP it out in the sidequests thread? Also, how about him training Starlight?))
    I should answer this before my next IC post.

Apfel and Celestia should probably RP in the sidequests thread. As you suggested in the IC thread, they could start training after Vodkana's little test.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Vodkana in Equestria, should aproached carefully, since it is in the past.
    I didn't anything planned beside learning how to be friend and how to care, and flirting with anything that moves..
    BUT! maybe she could obtain there, her first Stormart Nyagato form?
    For example, getting into situation where thousands on point of starving to death, unless the fed in the next hour,
    or starving army, that is about to lose...
    And of course creating a magical peanut-jam sandwich worth of it's own window

It is important, because in order to get the Pure Stormart form, Vodkana has to gain all the Stormart form.
    "Pure Stormart" is the closest in matters of PL to Super Sayian, but it's more about some imposibble feats.
    Good to know. I can work with that.

Say...the initial bombardment is devastating. Though the loss-of-life is bad enough, from the ash and dust kicked up in the initial bombardment, much of Meal is forced to endure a nuclear winter, minus the nuclear. Crops cannot grow, and ingredients will become increasingly scarce without external aid, or perhaps a chef who can transcend the limitations of culinary excellence...?

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

Hawk- well, for that we have ooc. Tell us, in general what replies you are expecting from us, at this specific scene, and then you can make a reply with conclusion to all that.

Sage- I am not sure all pcs have to be together- the universe is big enough to hold parallel adventurers.
    Oh! Mmmm... What should I do with Slushie? not that he is that important... but maybe the Red Planet army will notice him on the way to earth?

Ing- wow! That idea actually beatifull. I guess it will happen "offscreen"?
    If you wish I have few ideas for assisians to challenge Apfel..

And... I'll just copy paste from the charactee sheet the legend Of The Stormart Nyagato.

Spoiler: Stormart Nyagato Legend
    Show

The legend of the StormArt Nyagato:
    Legends say, that when a Nyagato getting a divine great inspiration he/she might turn into Stormart Nyagato, and then turn all his techniques into a super version and also get a special techniques. (That doesn't necessarly means a ki power up~ but the techniques would be super effective)
    There are many kinds of Stormart Nyagatos. This is defined by the inspiring emotion.
    The legends which survived to our age tell about few examples, but there are probably unique Stormart Nyagato to each emotion.

Love Stormart Nyagato~ his ring stripes turning into shining pink, and beside super techniques it told that his food can heal everything and even revive the dead.

Rage Stormart Nyagato~ his ringtail stripes turning into shining yellow, this version does get a ki power up, and his techniques getting fast as combative techniques. But his techniques still on his normal level

Grief Stormart Nyagato~ his stripes turning black. Beside the normal super effective techniques, the Nyagato receive necromancy's abilities.

And the strongest of all~ the Pure Stormart Nyagato~ some say that Nyagato could get into this state, only after achieving a 3 diffrent Stormart Nyagato's states.
    This state come from true hunger for perfection. Beside Ki power up and techniques power up, he got instinct to know what food other NEED. He may use abstract subjects as ingridents.
    He could litteraly make "salad of justice and glory peppered with rage". That why he also called the Judge Stormart Nyagato~ he serving justice and fairness. Literally.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait ... just how big is the Juggernaut?

Anyhoof, the thing is, I was planning for Starlight to get her super form as part of this big ol' sidequest resolving Dust Devil's plotline, and I'm not entirely sure I could write that myself. I guess if I want to do that, I'll have to start it immediately in order to give it enough time to finish....
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-05-19 at 01:43 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I've described it variably as "twice as tall as the tallest human man nearby" and "15 feet".

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Wait ... just how big is the Juggernaut?

Anyhoof, the thing is, I was planning for Starlight to get her super form as part of this big ol' sidequest resolving Dust Devil's plotline, and I'm not entirely sure I could write that myself. I guess if I want to do that, I'll have to start it immediately in order to give it enough time to finish....
    I can help you with that, if you wish. Especially since he is now Trombonist.

------
    My previouse Avater