New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Hey Raz, do you want to work together to form the first World Martial Arts Tournament?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Sorry everyone, was busy doing various stuff, such as a shopping trip, lunch, watching TFS Plays stuff, writing my Pokemon fan fiction, and so on. What to respond to today?

Time Skip: I'd honestly time skip right to Earth to be honest, unless people are planning to put the saiyan character intro scenes there. Everything that can be done on New Plant can be summed up as: we dropped off the animals, the Warp Drive was replaced by a better drive, and Tuffles and Saiyans are working out the deal themselves. Unless there is something I missed, or we're allowing us to find out about the Saiyans being promised fighting and conquering by Apfel which could be a scene unto itself and will slow things down even more....

As for the Budokai:
    Yeah, I had something planned with Masala involving a long ridiculous transition scene to South City after the whole Not-Agrabah thing, and a guy who is the ancestor of the announcer of the world martial arts tournament in canon. But if you want to help me, cool, whats your idea?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    As for the Budokai:
    Yeah, I had something planned with Masala involving a long ridiculous transition scene to South City after the whole Not-Agrabah thing, and a guy who is the ancestor of the announcer of the world martial arts tournament in canon. But if you want to help me, cool, whats your idea?
    Well, Tigra is pissed off at Lucifer, so what better way to bring him down a peg than to challenge him to some form of tournament?
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Well, Tigra is pissed off at Lucifer, so what better way to bring him down a peg than to challenge him to some form of tournament?
    Cool. But one of the most important things about tournaments is showing off all the various fighters and their individual styles! To have a tournament, you need more than just two people, other wise its just a duel, so to make these things interesting you need to have various fighters that stand out in each fight. More diversity means more people who can stand out. Thus how about this: Masala finds herself accidentally in South City, she helps Lord Announcington with some conjuration magic for funds and transportation, the one who starts the tournament out, and he asks her to go find some fighters to join, and she remembers Tigra and flies back to her to tell her about it, that sound plausible?

I can finish off Not-Agrabah real quick to make it all work to, and its not as if I regard it as all that important.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds like a plan to me!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Well about Masala I mostly making Fenrir Ar'c.

Not Agrabah was supposed to be a filler for fun, and first dragon ball!of Masala...
    The whole Fenrir Arc doesn't have worldy influence (yet).
    I thought Masala need an adventure, so I planned this arc.. I have setted the filler before two "episodes"- shapeshifter assasians and the last battle against Fenrir and his armies...

It mostly for fun. If you want to do something else, sure..just let me know
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe we could combine that with the tournament plot somehow? Like they did with Majin Buu.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

סhmmm... Fenrir is viking like Magneto- he believe beastmen are suprier!to humans, and also has a dream to be the King Of Earth, to bring peace and order in image.
    (He supposed to be redeemable, and also be King Furry's ancestor)

So my plans were- shapeshifters trying to assinate Masala and after that, Fenrir and three commanders\the armies which Masala haven't defeated yet leading attack against a major city.

Sooo

Maybe he'l attack the city where the Budokai is going. His army is huge- even the (current) great heroes earth can't stop!it without major casualties to the humans...

So They offering Fenrir entering the Budokai, for the fate of humanity and beastmanity!
    How does it sound?

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    if Kaio make a body for Guit... I guess it would be green. Right?
    It doesn't even have to be Namekian. I was thinking of making Guit into Bubbles the Monkey. Or maybe Pilaf.

---

@Raziere (&others): if you skip to Earth's solar system, I'd like to introduce the Rebels to Red Planet Army as they're passing the asteroid belt.

This sound good?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    It doesn't even have to be Namekian. I was thinking of making Guit into Bubbles the Monkey. Or maybe Pilaf.

---

@Raziere (&others): if you skip to Earth's solar system, I'd like to introduce the Rebels to Red Planet Army as they're passing the asteroid belt.

This sound good?
    I like this idea!

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good! Though when Starlight learns the story behind Trombone Jr, she'll want to try and rescue him.

Hey, does anyone want to do a side-story with Starlight checking on the animals in the zoo ships during the timeskip?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-09-05 at 02:34 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, time skip right to Earth it is. Android 23 will just want to rescue him on general principle, because what the heck is a bunch of robots is doing with a namekian child anyways?

As for the side story....maybe Android 22? She needs more spotlight now and then.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

22 sounds good.

Making my time patroller now. I'm going slightly against canon, however, by saying that saiyan tails always match their hair color, because that always bugged me and now we're technically in another universe so I can do that. Also, what are our current power levels? We should probably have leveled up quite a bit from the Plant saga.

Spoiler: Time Patroller (Name TBD (Rutaba?))
    Show
    <Your character's name here>

Spoiler
    Show
    Age Appearance: 8
    Species: Saiyan
    Station: Time Patroller

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before being shrunk to the size of a child thanks to an incident with a temporal anomaly, _____ was a tall, dark-skinned saiyan woman with black hair and a black saiyan tail. She had medium-length, straight black hair and dark green eyes, and was clearly fit and athletic. After being shrunk, she retains most of these features as a typical child might - less clearly muscular, but still obviously fit and somewhat tall for her apparent age. She wears a gi when training and fighting, or a t-shirt and skirt for casual clothes. She always wears a potara earring and a time ring, as well as a regular earring made to look like a potara earring on her other ear for the sake of symmetry.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ____ is very proper, always standing to attention and saluting her superiors. She always does things by the book, unless doing so would go against her moral code - which hasn't happened yet, thankfully. She does, however, still possesses her people's saiyan pride, and places a high emphasis on honor, pride, and duty.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    TBA

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    N/A

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Power Level: ????
    Martial Arts Expertise
    One-Handed Kamehameha Wave
    Scatter Kamehameha
    Hellzone Kamehameha
    Afterimage
    Tail Mastery
    Oozaru Form Mastery
    Kaioken x10
    Time Ring

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    N/A
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Android 23 forgot that in space, no-one can hear you scream.

Doesn't she have radio-based telepathy?

Regarding powerlevels: I don't think you need to have powered up since Plant. Your characters don't need more power to deal with the Red Planet Army or anything on Earth. Every character could take on several juggernauts at once by now and Apfel (IIRC the strongest at the moment?) could take on Calcifer the Second.

Though I don't know if there will be a fight.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Android 23 forgot that in space, no-one can hear you scream.

Doesn't she have radio-based telepathy?
    I just assumed that that's how she spoke in the first place, considering that speaking aloud is physically impossible.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

about the tournament- would weapons be allowed?
    I have an ideas for few people who would practicate

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

The "no weapons" rule made/makes sense in a context where most of the combatants are humans who aren't trying to kill each other and can't shoot lasers out of their butt.

Which means yes, I think weapons should be allowed.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

actually one human practitioner which I have thought about, is "Kapoera" fighter- "Master Banana!" he mostly slipping away, in an annoying way.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

So Raziere.. what do you want to do next with Masala?

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

just watch! I was waiting to see if anyone would pot, but I'll post it now.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think I got unsubscribed, posting so I can check the box thingie.
    Make it count.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

So Masala picking peopel randomly?
    I was also thinking about Sultan Abu Scar

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

I'll reply tommorow... Sorry for the inconvinence

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #114
    Barbarian in the Playground

Does anyone know how long this political stuff will last?

I don't really have a problem with it, but I can't really find a way to get Ryu involved.
    Make it count.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ishimi View Post
    Does anyone know how long this political stuff will last?

I don't really have a problem with it, but I can't really find a way to get Ryu involved.
    Yeah, I actually agree with this. we can't waste forever on Spoon. honestly, the whole debate is unnecessarily long, drawn out and really ignores the fact that he basically has the morality of a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain, and that Android 23 is just doing this to humor Apfel and Starlight's sense of mercy.

I mean, our options for not killing him are basically
    -conjure one of Arcosian super-prisons from a blueprint, put him in. Which no one has any time to constantly monitor.
    -modify a Hyperbolic time chamber to be a prison and let him rot in there a couple months
    -put him into a jar and shoot him into the void of space, condemning him to a fate worse than death and getting out millions of years in the future where people won't even be speaking the same language as him and probably get mercilessly questioned about what the past was like by historians as a best case scenario, and getting killed anyways as a worst case scenario.

Honestly, I really just want to get this over with, no matter how fun it is to roleplay Android 23 verbally tear Spoon a new one. we have other things to do. and Ishimi doesn't seem to be having fun.

so, how are we going to resolve this? is there any possible plotline that Spoon can participate in? If no, then we kill him and be done with it, because his narrative purpose is done, Android 23 is NOT letting him go free again because she is not stupid, and there is no more point to keeping him around. If there is a plotline, pick a method of containment, let it happen in like one post, then move on until he is released.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Agreed. So, should I respond, or wait?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

well here is my plan to speed things up:

Android 23 gets tired of this wasteful discussion, listens to her inner Oxyribo/Renegade for once and stands up and just says what she honestly thinks should be done to Spoon (kill him) and in the process compare him to Hailing ("as far as I'm concerned, Spoon should die along with Hailing") which Sailor Arcos will hear and be all like "don't you compare this scumbag to Glorious Emperor Hailing!" who then starts thinking that the RA are the ones corrupting Apfel and trying to convince the other four Sailors that they need to save Apfel. 23 meanwhile goes "Apfel, why did you bring a loyalist here?"

but it all depends on whether igor has any plans for him.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-09-11 at 12:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

hmm..
    I had few plans for him, but if you all want him dead, that ok.

I was thinking of making him use the dark ring at some dramatic point.
    Maybe conquring planet Meal...

but as the crowd demands.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    hmm..
    I had few plans for him, but if you all want him dead, that ok.

I was thinking of making him use the dark ring at some dramatic point.
    Maybe conquring planet Meal...

but as the crowd demands.
    It's not a matter of crowd demands, we just want to know if you had plans so we can work with them.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Exactly as Hawkflight said. Getting this resolved is not the same as Spoon dying.