New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

If Apfel gives the co-ordinates, is anyone opposed to, some days in the future, hypernet broadcasting "Planetary disaster: connections to remote drydock suddenly cut. Investigation reveals massive scale destruction. Numberless ships vanished without a trace." ?

EDIT: Ing, what's special about Hutton Orbital? Because now that it's been named, of course C-II is going there.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2016-09-26 at 02:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Have someone watched the late episodes?
    There were, info about Beerus, that I wonder if it might be relevant for Vodkana..

- - - Updated - - -

[SPOILER=Duke Slushy]
    :

Duke Slushy
    [spoiler]
    Height: a bit shorter than Frieza in his base form
    Weight: 120 kg.
    Species: Arcosian
    Station: Duke. Nephew of the Emperor Hailing, surfing the galaxy, on his space surfboard.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite short and cheerful arcosian. His skin is blueish, and his armor is pink with red "gems". With his little horns, he looks like psychodelic colored space imp. He is wearing T shirt with Logo- "Hailing is best uncle ever!" He using the word "dude" way too much.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slushy, is very bored noble, who is looking for adventures and excitements. For him, laws and order are just a little annoyance. He can stand enmity, even trying to hurt him- will amuse him, and he might befriend you!
    But he can't stand boredom. When is bored, people and planets starting to die.
    Or not. If he feel too lazy for that, or if he is distracted. (Quite easily)

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What has happened to your character before the game and made them who they are?

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Power Level: 333,000
    Arcosian Genetics
    Space surfboard with gravity manipulation!
    Surfing skills.
    Various ki blasts.

Other information:
    [SPOILER]

- - - Updated - - -

ing- where Tzarbone and Apfel setted the meeting?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #183
    Colossus in the Playground

No, they weren't. Sorry, i'll get an update.

Also, Cooler is going to be canon in our game? I was just assuming that Frieza was going to be an only child in our game. Don't get me wrong i'm not against it, just a detail I want cleared.

Finally, the Empire already conquered the galaxy, it's a bit late to stop that. The few systems they don't control like the Sol System represent the few stragglers that either aren't known about yet, or have agreements that maintain the systems' independence.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-09-26 at 07:28 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    No, they weren't. Sorry, i'll get an update.

Also, Cooler is going to be canon in our game? I was just assuming that Frieza was going to be an only child in our game. Don't get me wrong i'm not against it, just a detail I want cleared.

Finally, the Empire already conquered the galaxy, it's a bit late to stop that. The few systems they don't control like the Sol System represent the few stragglers that either aren't known about yet, or have agreements that maintain the systems' independence.
    Sorry, I'll edit out Cooler.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, why would we say Cooler never existed?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Wait, why would we say Cooler never existed?
    He's a villain from two movies, which are disputably canon at best.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Now here's an interesting predicament. The logical matchup would be 23 vs Arcos, as 23 is the group's leader. But that would just make for a "fighting yourself" post - which may not be a bad choice, considering the situation, but is that really what we want?

Also, I'm pretty sure the only ones who haven't disbanded from the meeting by now are the androids, Starlight, Ryu, the Scouts, and Apfel, right? So if we don't want to go for a "fighting yourself" post, then it looks like it'll be either Starlight or Ryu who fights her, since Apfel isn't part of the alliance.

(If you don't want to have 23 fight, then perhaps Starlight should be the one to fight her, since she was going to challenge the pony originally anyway?)
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. my original plan for this was that Sailor Arcos would just go insane and attack or try to make a break for the space ship or something and die, but it soon quickly became clear that:

1. she was outnumbered and even Arcosians would easily die to overwhelming numbers, not a good fight.

2. as apart of Apfel's entourage, she would've had to have some sympathetic traits that would make her more than just a foe to be fought, thus making her a character able to change her mind.

3. that characters like Starlight and Apfel would forever block any sort of fight that could start that WASN'T something like this

4. that the other Sailors have different values from living on different planets and thus wouldn't back Arcos up on anything.

so its like.....I made the Sailors with the expectation that they would fight the Rebel Alliance, but the way its going, only Arcos really has any reason to do so in this situation, because I imagine what motivates an Arcosian in the empire and a non-Arcosian in the Empire to be noticeably different things.

so yeah, I do kind of have this same problem where I don't want to fight myself. and Sailor Arcos/Flake is kind of meant to be a Starlight foil in a way. They're both loyal and faithful to their ruler, but Arcos does so out of trying to avoid her guilt in taking apart of the atrocities the Empire commits, building up Hailing in her mind to be perfect and justified so that she doesn't have to face the fact of what she has done, and while Starlight thinks in terms of peace, Arcos thinks in terms of war.

so unless Ishimi speaks up soon in wanting to fight, probably Starlight Vs. Arcos. I could do a "fight yourself" post if you really think I could do it well enough to get it out of the way and onto other business and that doing so would be a better option than actually going through the fight yourself. this honorable challenge thing is mostly to try and introduce some other way of getting cool fights that won't run into in game politics because of people being political or pacifist about life-or-death situations rather than just.....fighting. though I guess thats why antagonists like Freeza or Cell you make absolutely sure that everyone knows they are monsters that you can't negotiate with.

I could roleplay a bit with 23 to make a deal with Arcos to try and alter the duel a little if we need to, just like work out whatever will work, kay? If no one is feeling up to it, I can do the fight in one post and we can move on, but if anyone is up to it, that can work to.

9. - Top - End - #189

I think Artic (remember him?) might be an interesting candidate. Some time studying Tuffle technology, let's see how he's incorporated it into his power armor.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe Vodkana will be the champion of 23?

Also, does anyone have idea where I can put Slushy in the story?

would you allow Vodkana ability to sense killing intent?

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    so yeah, I do kind of have this same problem where I don't want to fight myself. and Sailor Arcos/Flake is kind of meant to be a Starlight foil in a way. They're both loyal and faithful to their ruler, but Arcos does so out of trying to avoid her guilt in taking apart of the atrocities the Empire commits, building up Hailing in her mind to be perfect and justified so that she doesn't have to face the fact of what she has done, and while Starlight thinks in terms of peace, Arcos thinks in terms of war.
    Yeah, that could make it an interesting fight. Starlight's fight on Plant was cut a bit short, so I've been itching to have her take on a proper fight.

And yeah, I do think it would be helpful to make future villains more ... irredeemable.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

@Igor:

Potential idea:

Slushie is visiting Hutton orbital for some weasely reason. (Still waiting on Ing to elaborate what's supposed to be interesting about it.)

Suddenly space robot out of nowhere claiming all your base belong to him now.

Slushie doesn't take robot seriously.

Cue chaos. Stuff gets messed up.

Later, see hypernet news I mentioned. Slushie is giving an interview about what happened.

Sound promising?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #193

Hutton Orbital is another of my dozens of Elite Dangerous references, as it's an in-game station in the Alpha Centauri system.

What makes it infamous is that while most space stations in-game are somewhere between 50 to 5000 light-seconds distance from their system's star, which is the drop-off point of someone traveling from system to system, Hutton Orbital is 6,784,404 light-seconds, or 0.22 light-years away. In game, it takes roughly 80 minutes of travel time to get from the drop-off point of the Alpha Centauri system to Hutton Orbital. Thus, completing a delivery to Hutton Orbital is something of a badge of honor amongst the community.

I suspect that hasn't changed in this universe, for reasons that are as simple as that they amuse me

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that could make it an interesting fight. Starlight's fight on Plant was cut a bit short, so I've been itching to have her take on a proper fight.

And yeah, I do think it would be helpful to make future villains more ... irredeemable.
    Hm. kay. I shall do this thus: every villain that I intend to be irredeemable, I will introduce doing something bad. probably to npc's, and with no remorse for their actions. or with news that something bad has already happened, and people have to investigate why....

always best to make a bad first impression.

as for the Sailor Arcos duel.....well Starlight would be good, but Artic would also be good since he would fit in a way. and Arcos would be arrogant enough in her ability to believe that she could take on both, but is that what people would want? She does have techniques meant for war and thus not just for a single opponent, so it could work.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm ... if you like, sure. I just want to get some battling in with Starlight, since her last one was ... shall we say, rushed.

And Arctic recently developed telekinetic powers, right? So Starlight can use this as an opportunity to help demonstrate how to use them.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

I think it would be more dragon ballish, if it go one by one, from the weakest to the strongest.
    1)Vodkana (she will get defeated)
    2) Acrtic (something technical will stop him?)
    3) Starlight (???)

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    I think it would be more dragon ballish, if it go one by one, from the weakest to the strongest.
    1)Vodkana (she will get defeated)
    2) Acrtic (something technical will stop him?)
    3) Starlight (???)
    Hm. maybe. I could change the duel challenge to:
    "I will fight all of you one at a time, if you all lose against me, I will count it as a win and go to Arcos, but if any one of you wins, I lose."

y'know, do it cell games style. I will wait until I hear Ing's response, but we gotta keep this moving, so I'll say that the default for now is Starlight Vs. Arcos since Hawkflight seems the most eager, and keep the other ideas in mind depending on everyone else wants.

18. - Top - End - #198

Artic might actually win because his armor is able to power itself up for quick bursts of strength that can be quite dangerous to not only himself but what ever is being punched.

And it's Ieez that developed telekinesis. Not Artic.

So if Starlight wants to fight, she can go after Vodkana.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Ok then. I think I know what to do then. In the interests of keeping things moving, I'll just modify the challenge a bit then get going.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Ah Ing, how should I edit it, because I didn't intend for you to draw that conclusion, Arcos can do neither of those things, my intention was just to demonstrate that she was going really fast- DBZ fighters can literally go faster than the speed of light at mere thousands of PL. I apologize for being misleading.

21. - Top - End - #201

The simplest solution is to say that she's moving faster than the eye can see.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey guys, I've been super busy lately but will try to get an IC post in soon.

Also, as a side note, does anyone know what to do if I keep getting unsubscribed from a thread?
    Make it count.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

I do not, it's never happened to me.

Remember, I called dibs on the final battle with Arcos.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Ing, uh......I didn't mean for that to be a curb-stomp battle, and I didn't pull those out the ether.

1. The ki redirection technique is an idea I've been contemplating as an idea that I don't see wuxia or shonen anime use very often since so they often use hard martial arts instead of soft, and that it might be a good idea to incorporate more as a thing in some way- Lord Lagerin was supposed to use that sort of technique as well, but he died because of a sudden case of Callins using the moon-powers.

2. The gravity star technique and the ultimate technique were things I came up with because of Captain Ginyu. I very much doubt that Captain Ginyu's entire race has body-switching as a technique. So I thought to give a Captain of an Elite Squad some special tactical advantage over most other people- this is why they get promoted to such a position in the first place, because they have an edge most people don't.

3. next for my reasoning for why Arcos came up with those techniques, is Vegeta. He clearly had figured out a fighting style and techniques that took advantage of his biology. He used the fake moon ball to go great ape, he optimized his body to be a tank to get more out of his Zenkai, making it more likely he would live to take advantage of it, and he figured out how to go Ascended Saiyan, to maximize the power of his super-saiyan form.

So I just applied that to Sailor Arcos taking advantage of her biology and came up with Gravity Star, and the other technique, Helium Sphere. Which is basically her generating a sphere of pure helium around her in a short radius that doesn't extend past melee range, to deny air to anyone non-Arcosian to fight her or whom she can grapple. Of course in a non-lethal duel, its completely useless, as well not being a technique that could ever help against Hailing, but its quite useful for all her other missions. It used to be the Vacuum Sphere, but she had to change it because she couldn't communicate orders to the squad through a vacuum.

The rest are the squad pose stuff which from Xenoverse I taken to actually be hyper-advanced forms of yoga or stances that change your ki around without actually increasing your PL, and ordinary ki attacks. the entire point of my design of Sailor Arcos was to figure out how she would get a bunch of advantages without going the normal route of transforming and giving her a PL boost, since her PL is high enough to be a challenge already.

I'm sorry if all that came across as such, I will post up her character sheet, I honestly don't have anything else up my sleeve. I was at my wits end with that fight. If Hawkflight hadn't called dibs on last fight, and you provoked Arcos just a little more to rant before firing, she would've lost the focus to use the technique and you would've won. I apologize if I did anything wrong, and I would like hear any feedback about how to do this better in the future, because that was not supposed to be a curb-stomp and I thought it was pretty close myself. I was perfectly prepared to lose right there.

Spoiler: Captain Flake
    Show

Name: Flake
    Alias: Sailor Arcos
    Race: Arcosian

Description:
    Her Bio-Armor is the traditional white, her skin in pitch black. Her bio-gems are a light blue. She is on the short side, being only 5 ft tall. She has no horns, and her body is learn but muscular, optimized through combat experience for both speed and strength efficiency.

There are no spikes on her body, being very smooth and her tail has a single light blue orb at the end of it. She wears a white magical girl outfit with a short skirt, blue highlights, boots and gloves, all made of protective elastic material. She wears light blue lipstick on her mouth.

Personality:
    She is loyal, dutiful, utterly beholden and used to the status quo. She has been taught all her life to suppress her individuality in the name of the greater good of the Arcosian Empire and crush anything that could upset its order. In response to the atrocities she has had to carry out under Arcosian orders, she has developed a “just following orders” mindset while putting great faith in the authorities above her that they know what they are doing and that it wasn’t her place to question why she was ordered to do it. To the point where she has idolized and worshipped Hailing as a way of coping.

To the point where when given a choice, she no longer knows what to do, and her world is slowly crumbling around her as it becomes clear that change is starting to happen and she needs to choose one way or the other.

Powers:
    PL: 300,000

Homeworld Arcosian Biology:
    Incredibly hardy, can survive massive amounts of dismemberment, can breathe in space, and use her tail with its ball on the end as a mace and chain. Due to her high starting PL, its harder for her to progress in her training and she has yet to unlock even one arcosian transformation.

Fighting Style:
    Due to her fighting experience, she is both strong and fast, and good in both melee and at range. She has had time to round out her weaknesses offensively, given her natural Arcosian defenses allow her to take many hits, though she knows when to dodge the more powerful, problematic attacks.

Azure Heart Cannon:
    Blasts a big blue heart shaped blast at people. A basic signature move of hers.

Blue Bullet Blizzard:
    Fills the air with thousand of tiny bullet-size ki blasts then sends them zooming at the foe en masse like an oncoming blizzard.

Sapphire Spirit Blade:
    Creates a blade of blue ki extending vertically from her hand. Is three feet long.

Elite Squad Poses:
    They are actually strange stances that allow ki to flow better for short periods of time towards certain things, giving certain things a boost, like offensive power, speed, defensive power, and so on.

Special Technique: Vacuum Sphere/Helium Sphere
    Uses her ki to create a spherical vacuum around herself up to 20 feet in diameter. While she is immune to vacuum, other species needing to breathe will die without air, allowing her to grapple them and suffocate them just by keeping them within the sphere.

There is also a Helium Sphere variant where she turns the air within the sphere into pure Helium, since most beings seem to breathe oxygen specifically and she needed a way to transmit sound through a medium so that she could say orders and hear others.

Special Technique: Gravity Star
    Creates a ball of glowing purple energy that cancels flying and temporarily applies the equivalent of Arcos’s gravity to all combatants within its radiation. Useful for gaining a mobility advantage against other races.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

So I just applied that to Sailor Arcos taking advantage of her biology and came up with Gravity Star, and the other technique, Helium Sphere. Which is basically her generating a sphere of pure helium around her in a short radius that doesn't extend past melee range, to deny air to anyone non-Arcosian to fight her or whom she can grapple. Of course in a non-lethal duel, its completely useless, as well not being a technique that could ever help against Hailing, but its quite useful for all her other missions. It used to be the Vacuum Sphere, but she had to change it because she couldn't communicate orders to the squad through a vacuum.
    Heh, does it make her sound like Alpha from Up?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, does it make her sound like Alpha from Up?
    The Helium Sphere does in fact make her voice sound incredibly squeaky and whatnot, because Helium, if thats what you mean, but I don't know who Alpha is, so I'll say yes and allow you to supply the voice yourself.

However unless you specifically prod her, she won't show it in this fight, and even then if she does demonstrate it, she won't actually use it, her honor won't allow her to go back on her word.

27. - Top - End - #207

Ing, uh......I didn't mean for that to be a curb-stomp battle, and I didn't pull those out the ether.
    I was criticizing the webcomic Dragonball Multiverse for doing these things in a recent story arc, not you

Everything you did was completely reasonable and within the scope of a well-trained and extremely powerful ki-user. Quite frankly I was actually a little nervous I was allowing Artic to do either too well or to last too long as I knew this was supposed to be Starlight's win.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-10-06 at 10:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Oh good, I was just making sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong by you, that you weren't unhappy, glad that was cleared up.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a little worried - was that fight too one-sided?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-07 at 07:20 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

......Nah, DBZ is full of prideful characters who are proud of their skills yet get their ass handed to them easily for reasons they didn't see coming, and to often that reason is "because the foe was just more powerful" and Starlight's entire style of fighting seems to working her hardest to avert that. Meanwhile Flake's entire fighting style in retrospect was very heavy on thinking and tactical decisions- meaning it slowed her down a bit, as well as relied on information she already had.

Quite simply, there was little time for Flake to come up with a good tactical decision to strike back against Starlight- in wuxia, some styles of fighting simply beat other styles easily because its simply not in their design to. A style that requires a lot of thinking and choosing which tools to use can't work against a style so fast that it makes sure they don't have the time to react. Meaning you actually hit the nail on the head which even I didn't see at first. I didn't really have a plan for HOW Flake would be beaten, I was mostly hoping for others to figure out a good way by themselves, because I wanted to make a well-rounded opponent who could believably not be beaten easily because of her skill and experience and that you'd have to come up with your own solution to defeat, instead of providing an obvious weakness myself.

So you came up with a legit strategy to take her down. instead of just using more power or something. thats good.