New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

*nods*

I was thinking about what we were talking about earlier - how those with higher natural power levels often don't train as hard, or their style is often much more inefficient. My thinking was that while ponies are naturally fairly powerful (since they can use magic), their world is filled with things that are immensely more powerful than them (hence why I had Desert Storm take the albinos there to train ... speaking of which, I should get back to them....). Nightmare demons, chaos gods, windigos, dragons, lava-surfing demons, sirens, demonic necromancers from the shadow world, bugbears, arimaspi, penguin nazis, great old ones ... you get the idea. So they had to learn to fight smarter, not harder, and use clever tactics to survive. Plus, magic requires some degree of intellect to master.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

That said...

I am a little wary of trying to find a balance of how to work with Starlight, because there is always the tendency for more warlike and evil foes in DB to underestimate peaceful and merciful fighters, especially if they have a lower power level, and while DBZ and DB Super has silly foes that can fight just as well as "serious" foes just like regular Dragon Ball, I wouldn't call Starlight a silly foe.

on the other hand, I don't want to spend forever on Flake and just hope that it was satisfying to you.

like for example if it was Freeza, I'd imagine he'd be far worse in his racism, and far more outright insulting of Starlight rather than my attempt at subtle implications that Flake like anyone raised in an imperial society has views that treat others as strange curiosities to their idea of normal, but he'd also have his four forms that when he gets blasted by whatever final attack, suddenly he'd come out with his second form more powerful than ever and be all like "I was just getting started."

All I'm saying, is that it can be a little tricky to judge these things, is all I'm saying, but I think that Starlight earned it because I couldn't find any reason why she wouldn't. like she came up with a defense against the Blue Bullet Blizzard that counters moves like the sphere attack 22 can do or such. She took advantage of the fact that Flake can't sense energy to attack from behind, she had a plan in case if the blast DIDN'T work, and I always intended for Flake to be unable to read her movements because of unusual biology that she wasn't used to fighting

while I'm still glad that the Flake/Artic fight turned out as close as it did, because he would've been training for this for years and would know all about the Arcosians and how they fight, so it would make sense that if things had just been a little different that Artic could've won as well.

that and I do have a tendency to be all like "we're kind of getting near the end of this, and I'm not sure how to properly keep this going, I just want to get this done and move on" and thus not put as much as effort into some of the final moments because I'm not sure how worth it would be to keep dragging it out, but I still feel as if Flake did good as an experienced, skillful fighter and that this attempt having an honorable foe was worth it if only to have some fighting without an automatic "no one fight we're all gonna die" kind of thing happening where no fights happen at all because everyone is too smart for that.

which is honestly better than y'know how comic books handle it with superheroes, who do it with stupid misunderstandings for no reason. Like if there were more superhero comics were the heroes were like "ok, we want mutually exclusive things, lets have a duel where even if one of us loses, we both walk out alive and the winner gets what they want." I think the writing would be a lot better, because you'd have a better excuse for the heroes to fight each other, while still having a good reason for them to still come back and be alive to live another day, and you wouldn't have to have a supervillain come in to break up the fight and such.

just my thoughts.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Ehh.. I kind of derped. Where is Vodkana right now?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Back at the Lookout, still unconscious. in hindsight, maybe we should've woken her up.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Back at the Lookout, still unconscious. in hindsight, maybe we should've woken her up.
    I figured we just did that offscreen.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

About Vodkana's avengers...
    Should some of them show an actual challenge?
    I also have thought, that some of them might hire merencaries to represent them.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

What do you want me to do in regards to "Android 23 & Co go to investigate Ackon Cahuak" subplot?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    About Vodkana's avengers...
    Should some of them show an actual challenge?
    I also have thought, that some of them might hire merencaries to represent them.
    Some of them could hire mercenaries as representatives, yes. Though I figure that only a fraction of them would actually pose a challenge.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    What do you want me to do in regards to "Android 23 & Co go to investigate Ackon Cahuak" subplot?
    Honestly: I don't actually want to do much with it right now. I honestly want more to go to Talsaiga, so this investigation I'm mostly hoping to give 23 a reason to leave them alone for now and hopefully get the Trombonicon or at least a copy of it, because I want to post up MST of Trombonicon, which considering 23's new position, Trombone is probably the threat to be more worried about considering his people actually attacked Earth and she is now the Kami that has returned and has to deal with that fact, that and if my memory correct, this whole thing is still just some big elaborate prank on the Time Patrol for something that Oxyribo did a few weeks ago and the Time Patrols response to that, so its hardly relevant to her at this point aside from being an opportunity for an epic rant about the stupidity of the gods involved when it actually comes to fruition.

but then of course, there is the problem of Trombone Jr. I doubt that anyone would be ok with allowing a child to be raised by a strange mechanical army of people who claim they want to take over the solar system. I don't know how to deal with that, because it might result in a fight that would take up more time.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, we could have a heart-to-heart with Trombone Jr., then he could leave a note that he's leaving and order the army not to follow him. They would have to obey him since he's their leader, and he could ... well, do whatever he wants (go back to Shanakan and Luxana, stay with the Alliance, etc.). And Starlight or Ryu (since he knows Instant Transmission) could easily teleport them out.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. I could send a Cross Clan agent to the Vodkana's tourney (on Talsagia?) If we want 23 to have a copy.
    yummy godly ki...

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

I was actually thinking the RA would learn of a living Namekian being nearby from Luxana and making a pitstop at Mars to see if they can get the dragon balls to work that way. And maybe taking Trombone Jr. with them to Talsaiga due to the aforementioned "who leaves a child to be raised by a robot army?" thing.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Raziere- so... what next with Masala?

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

For now? Masala actually meeting the Androids as well as getting the tournament started. Character development for all three, because just because the two versions of the Androids are similar....they are not the same. The most obvious difference? Android 21 and Masala can't exist a timeline where the other comes into being. Android 21's presence is what makes killing Buu possible, while Masala's presence is only because the Androids gave Buu a chance of redemption which Android 21 wouldn't allow because of his seeking to kill Buu like a video game boss.

This has been planned for a long time, so don't worry about it and just do whatever.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Ok. Should we list the main practitioners of the tournament?

Should Lucifer (Somehow?) be the winner in the end?

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

I did in fact look that up beforehand, and I'm not contesting the facts or your use of it.

its just that Android 22 not knowing and being surprised that people in this time period DO know about Jello and getting distracted by that is kind of the joke. because its not a thing that people would expect about Jello.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Just for the protocol- I hate mary sues, but I thought he would be funny to find new ways to make Vodkana a terrible person, with a terrible taste.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #229
    Colossus in the Playground

There is an anime Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto. The titular character is absolutely a complete Mary Sue (or Gary Stu, more specifically.) The difference is, his Sue-ness doesn't just work, it's actually amazing. Seriously, watch it. It's hilarious.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Just for the protocol- I hate mary sues, but I thought he would be funny to find new ways to make Vodkana a terrible person, with a terrible taste.
    Oh I know, I just found an opportunity to take a shot at all those female saiyan sue OC's you see every time you search anything related to DBZ on google. like seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are complete mary sues who are far worse than what I've written as parody.

Saiyan Sue-Chan's PL is for the curious, 9^9001. Despite this she can be defeated by anyone, even Yamcha. Mostly because all her power is spent looking super-impressive without any actual substance. Her claims of actually doing any of her feats, outside of whatever unstable shard of time she is from that the Time Patrol has not gotten to yet, is dubious at best.

ok, I'll take you up on that challenge Ing, I'll see if this Sakamoto is really what you say.

Edit: it is pretty funny. Its not that Sakamoto always wins, its that he makes his losses so stylishly cool that they don't effect him and you feel bad for winning.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-10-22 at 04:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Say, where is Flake right now?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

didn't think she was important for what was coming next so I assumed she just stayed behind and organized the Sailors to defend the planet or something, but y'know, not posted, schrodinger's status, she could've also came with them. sorry. anything in particular you want with her, or just keeping her up to date?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Vodkana liking Mary Sues makes perfect sense, because she basically lived (or thought she was living) as one for most of her life. It figures she would empathize with them.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    didn't think she was important for what was coming next so I assumed she just stayed behind and organized the Sailors to defend the planet or something, but y'know, not posted, schrodinger's status, she could've also came with them. sorry. anything in particular you want with her, or just keeping her up to date?
    I was going to offer her a few words of encouragement before I left, but I'm wondering if that would work better after I get back....
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

I'll just update her then and continue on.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Are Vodkana and Flake at the same place where Nasala.is?

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak and the Wasteland are not the same place no, the former is a place high up in a tropical mountain range I believe, so pretty much the exact opposite of being the same place.

Though one would think that you'd sense Masala speeding around the world repeatedly....she doesn't know how to hide her PL.

Edit: Um? Ing, its Dragon Ball Super canon that Bulma uses a strange blue liquid fuel for time travel, I don't make this stuff up I just repeat it. There is no evidence that Bulma actually reverse engineered the Infinite Energy Generators, especially when she invented the Time Machine in a timeline where the Androids weren't defeated until AFTER it was made and used, so the original design wouldn't need the IEG's in the first place to time travel so far as Trunks did, especially since the one Cell used is used to escape Trunks timeline by Goku and Vegeta despite not being used for years. In fact its basically outright stated and shown that the Time Machines need refueling and recharging to work.

if Bulma had IEG's, this wouldn't be true. you wouldn't need to refuel, you'd just wait, when its a plot point in DB Super's latest arc that the Time Machines do need to be refueled every time to go through time. nor is there any evidence in the age 1000 that the IEG's ever caught on as a power source despite the Red Pants Army probably using it in all their androids. I mean you could invent Time Machines that DO use the IEG's from Gero, but the fact that Bulma doesn't use IEG's for whatever reason and the Time Machine needing fuel is Universe 7 canon.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-11-02 at 09:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

It's not really possible for abducting of Yamakami's future reincarnation to take place in the same timeline this iteration of Rebel Alliance exists in without creating a temporal paradox. And it taking place in another timeline would mean 1) this Rebel Alliance cannot meet them 10 years later and 2) the Red Planet Army is duplicated at least once.

The least headache-causing way to go about it would be to say the two timepatrollers get eaten by grue and are never heard of again due to Error: timeline not found.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    It's not really possible for abducting of Yamakami's future reincarnation to take place in the same timeline this iteration of Rebel Alliance exists in without creating a temporal paradox. And it taking place in another timeline would mean 1) this Rebel Alliance cannot meet them 10 years later and 2) the Red Planet Army is duplicated at least once.

The least headache-causing way to go about it would be to say the two timepatrollers get eaten by grue and are never heard of again due to Error: timeline not found.
    How so? Unpack, please.

Again, the Time Machines made by the Time Patrol are modified from Trunk's original time machine. TP Time Machines do not create alternative timelines, or all their efforts at making sure Universe 7 stays intact wouldn't work.

so explain to me how this would cause a temporal paradox. Going forward is the least bad option, since their quickest other alternative for interrogating him is to go back in time right before he goes into the Hyperbolic time chamber and interrogate him there. This would cause a different sort of problem where they would stop him before he does all this and thus change the current timeline so that Red Planet army retroactively doesn't exist, which I didn't do because you put a lot of work into it and it'd be jerkish to just erase all that work.

while with them going forward in time and kidnapping Yama's reincarnation and letting the RA know they will do that won't cause any temporal paradox because they did the warning before they gone to the future and kidnap him, and its not as if they have to share any of the info he tells to the RA until ten years down the line from the RA's perspective. I don't see anything that would contradict all this happening and forming a temporal paradox. Unless there is something about the future reincarnation that some how makes sure the event that just happened would not happen that your not telling me?

Like....
    1. Artic tells TPers stuff
    2. TPers decide to kidnap Yama reincarnation 10 years in the future
    3. TPers warn Artic they will kidnap him 10 years in the future
    4. Artic warns rest of RA to not interfere
    5. ten years pass
    6. TPers kidnap Yama reincarnation and take him to Toki-Toki Town which is not within RA's timeline. RA doesn't interfere.

........and thats all thats there? Like what about this causal chain would make it go back and make sure one of the events of 1-5 not happen by doing 6 and thus paradox?

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Suppose the world line for the two time patrollers is this:

Time patrollers leave Year N ---> Time patrollers arrive at Year N+10 and abduct Yamakami ---> Time patrollers go to Toki-Toki and hand information to other time patrollers ----> other time patrollers go to fight Red Planet Army at year N+1.

Then years N+10 and N+1 cannot take place in the same timeline without forming a causal paradox where an effect (other timepatrollers fighting RPA) precedes a cause (all events from N to N+10).

---

EDIT: and since you mentioned going back in time to prevent creation of Red Planet Army, that runs into the exact same paradox: the event of time patrollers learning about RPA cannot exist in the same timeline as the event of time patrollers stopping their creation without violating causality.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2016-11-07 at 07:41 AM.