New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Servants of the Thrallherd IC [3.5, high speed]

Joas

Joas frowns and then grins into the sensor. He moves in the direction of Rex and manifests Missive, sending him the following telepathic message: I´ll be back in a minute. Then, moving away from Rex again, he turns and looks into the sensor and waves, after which he manifests Time hop, hoping that by removing himself from the time stream, essentially stopping existing, it would break the conditions of the Scrying spell and thus the effect.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Spent 6 PP

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

When Joas re-appears a few moments later, the sensor is gone.
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

Joas

Joas moves back to the group. "So much for secrecy and avoiding being noticed. I say we learned now that we only discuss mission details in the extradimensional shelter. It has to be harder to scry on us from there." He pauses a moment. "Though I am not sure. Also, we should consider traveling at night...that makes it a lot harder for third parties spying on us to infer where we are." He thinks a bit on the topic and concludes: "This could be a serious problem for our mission. Thoughts?"

4. - Top - End - #964
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grassis

"Traveling at night probably increases the risk. It brings about its own dangers plus we would have to waste time moving to such a schedule. I think we need to be mindful of our speed. Maybe ditch the cart in town and purchase new, faster horses. Perhaps we can find some magic to help protect us from the magical snooping. " Grassis offers.

"There are a few things I would like to shop for in town, but perhaps we should limit our dilly-dallying. Also we should look for any gear or items that allows us to travel for longer out of a given day or could be used to help defend us in case someone does catch up with us. I think we are too far from our homeland for it to be agents of our actual enemy. Its possible this is something new or the Lich. Improving our ranged attacks and anti-undead arsenal couldn't hurt" he suggests.

Grassis continues to drones on and on about several theories that seem unhelpful at best. The central theme seems to be someone is out to get him personally - a dangerous mix of ego and paranoia.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Titan in the Playground

Continuing the discussion (if you want to), the group rides on. Another hour and a half (7.5 hours travelled today) and a northwards curve in the road (following the river) puts you at a large clearing that abuts the Dalo River. Several roads or paths exit the woods from various directions, including at least one that appears to be a well-travelled road going east.

You see several wagons or carts parked nearby, and a few tents scattered around the edges of the clearing.

A large (15’ tall) stone pyramid near the river serves as the anchor point for a large metal cable that stretches across the span of the water to the other side. A barge – obviously the ferry- is visible on the far side of the river.

A very basic 4’ wooden palisade surrounds the area where the ferry docks; it contains several permanent structures, including one at the gate that appears to be sheltering several armed men wearing bright yellow vests.

=> Party
    (continue discussion if you want, and/or decide if or how you want to approach this area)
    Campaign Logs:

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grassis

"I wonder if our choice of mounts is going to present an issue here." Grassis mused. He plopped himself on the edge of the cart and turned visible.

"By all accounts these folks are reasonable - let's try not to start any wars." He said as much for his own benefit. He let Rex take the lead in addressing the guards. He hoped his Xeph heritage didn't cause any issues.
    Last edited by Ragnarok'n'Roll; 2017-02-06 at 03:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

Joas

"Agreed. We are very close to the city now. Perhaps it would make sense to get rid of the undead mounts here and purchase proper transport in Panjin?" He shrugs: "I am sure they´ll have something for sale there.....or are we attached to the undead?"

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

Rex looks at Joas with a mixture of amazement and bewilderment, his mouth opening several times, as if stuck in a stupor, like a goldfish.

He narrows his eyes as Joas dissapears, and then nods, as if he understood all along, what the psionicist was doing.

"Well played Joas." he says with a broad grin, but you can see a sense of uncertainty, as if Joas was the most dangerous thing he had ever encountered, and he managed to survive only by being freindly toward him, as if by Joas' whim it was he lived each day.

Nodding at the wise words, he looks over the pyramid and his palisade as they talked, "You may be right, but it is a fine steed." he slaps the thing, and sighs, "But I feel some might not like it, putting it to rest may be a good idea. The less we bring attention to ourselves, the better." he turns to Grassis, "Do you want to blast it to bits somewhere?" he waves off into the whatever foliage is available.

(after the deed is done)

He walks up to the gates, along side the cart, "Hail good sers!" he declares, jovial as always.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

Panjin Ferry Gate
    The skeletal rhino stands still as it is blasted to pieces, leaving shards of bone behind in the woods. Roger, pulling the cart, is now the only beast of burden in the group.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume Rex picks up the collar & rings, and the saddle; please put them in inventory if so.

It’s near the end of the day, and there is no wait at the gate. The men in the yellow vests look at Rex, and one of them speaks, not nearly as enthusiastically as Rex did. “Hail, and welcome to Panjin! Are you a citizen or returning visitor? No?” The man turns to a small nearby hut. “Fred, we’ve got some new guests for you!”

You hear a few bumps and a thud, like somebody running into something, and a young man in an apprentice’s robe hurries out. He has a spell component pouch at his waist, but the focus of his attention appears to be a thin sheet of metal with some paper attached to the top by a wooden clamp.

“Right, right, hi! Please step over here, they get grouchy when I make a line.”

He speaks quickly, obviously repeating something he’s said many times before. “Welcome to Panjin, city of coin. We’re ruled by an autonomous collective of merchants and officially neutral in the war, err, wars these days I suppose you could say. The guard doesn’t care who you work for as long as the city and areas around it stay peaceful and quiet. Everyone has the right to buy and sell here if they have coin to spend. Panjin was built on trade, and we stand on it; there are many good reasons why we are the regional trade hub and trusted by many people. For everyone’s safety, there are a few rules you need to know, and then I will need to collect the gate tax and get your names for our records.

All weapons must be peacebonded. The peacebonds are magically marked, so don’t think you can make a fake one or break one and then re-tie it. The innkeepers guild prefers their floors clean and their furniture unbroken, and they know what to look for. Any weapon-seller is also equipped with a stock and will peacebond anything you purchase. There’s a 50 gold piece reward for reporting any violations of this policy.
    Spellcasters are expected to abide by similar standards. You can walk around with Mage Armor all you want, but if you start throwing around acid or fireballs, the guard will put you down fast and hard. Merchants rule the city, but they also make sure that the archmages are well paid, happy, and able to respond quickly.
    Necromancy is prohibited in the city without a license. Undead that are intelligent or able to reproduce themselves are strictly prohibited on pain of death for the responsible spellcaster, and have been since the incident with that vampire a few score of years ago. The same goes for summoning creatures of any sort.
    Weights and measures are checked regularly by disguised inspectors. If you suspect that someone is cheating you, please bring all applicable documentation and witnesses to the City Hall Merchant division…”

He goes on for a little while longer, flipping to a second and then third page. It’s evident that Panjin is a city that takes peaceful trade very seriously, and that it has defined processes in place to preserve both peace and trade. As he talks, you see a large raft of freshly-cut logs go past on the river, headed downstream.

“Aaand the entry fee is 5 gold per person, non-refundable, and covers the cost of recordkeeping. Your entry will be logged, the log turned into City Hall, and your departure will be as well. Indigent visitors are permitted for a maximum of one week, and are required to visit the temple of Ilmater within 24 hours for a check for any diseases. Qualified people may also receive aid at the temple to… ah, that doesn’t apply to you….
    Neither does that, okay…
    I just need your names, species, a physical description – I’ll write that in - and occupation?

Then you can get on the ferry and you’ll get over to the outskirts of the city – the walls are actually a couple of miles away, but we prefer to keep any problems on this side of the river. You can get directions at the city gate to whatever you’re looking for. Enjoy your stay.”

He looks at the three of you and waits, back to the front page on his paper-holder. His quill is poised above the paper.
    Campaign Logs:

10. - Top - End - #970
    Troll in the Playground

Joas

Joas hears out the young man with a smile on his face. "Well," he decides that it is probably best to speak truthfully because the city may have ways to uncover lies, ""that was a long speech!" He smiles and continues: "My name is Joas Vanlanthen, Human, Male, Adventurer...Treasure-hunter....how do we call it these days? To what degree I am good looking and athletically built I´ll leave up to you to describe."

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

Rex smiles as the man rattles off the rules and city litigation policies, it was nice to see such...law and order? Yes, after all the wilds and rough riding, nights in the field, and inside Joas strange bubble of timey whimey space, he almost felt at home. If only this city would receive the succor of his Great Majesty, then it would truly be a place of rest and respite.

He narrows his eyes at the mention of Peacebonding weapons. He nodded at the other things as he went, but kept his tongue not wanting to offend, or interrupt the man, who had obviously rattled of this speech many times.

"Many thanks for the information Fred!" he says beaming "Might I call you that? I hope so, you do seem like you know your job, I have a few questions, what, exactly is Peacebonding? and how do we go about doing it to our weapons? Please forgive my ignorance, we are traveling adventurers, and have quite a few things to sell...but many of them are weapons." he says frowning slightly, implying that he was concerned there was a price to it.

"And as for me, well My name is RexThaun, I am a Dragonborn, and we are all adventurers." he finishes, smiling with his usual toothy grin.

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy - (1d20+20)[25] vs DC 30 for Helpful (automatically succeed on DC 15 for Friendly)

He will indeed keep the saddle and rings.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

Fred smiles back at the dragonborn, and then politely turns his attention to Grassis as he finishes writing. "And you, sir?"
    Campaign Logs:

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

"Hmm, that's odd. I could have sworn there was another person in the wagon with you two. Oh well, it's been a long day. Enjoy your stay!"

Without any further difficulty, the group pays the entry fee (please deduct 5gp each from your sheet), and after a short wait, you take the ferry across to the outskirts of Panjin. You're actually downstream of the city, in an area with livestock and tanneries - the river curves north to your east, joining with a giant lake. Panjin borders both the river and the lake. After a mile's ride, you enter the city. The guards look to see that your weapons are peacebonded as you pass, but don't stop either of you.

What do you do next?
    Campaign Logs:

14. - Top - End - #974
    Troll in the Playground

"Maybe we could stay at an inn and look into purchasing supplies and mounts tomorrow?" Joas smiles at Rex. "A good night's sleep and a proper meal is something we haven't had in a while. What do you say? I don't think we should stay here longer than needed....maybe leave the day after tomorrow at the latest?"

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

Rex nods to Joas, before departing, he asks Fred "Where can we get our weapons peacebonded?"

Then to Joas "I agree, a nights rest on a bed will be a nice change, we sell our wares, and purchase what we can, and we stay as long as that takes." he looks at Joas with concern, as if he had more to say, but didn't want to incase of listening ears or other things. It was obvious he was thinking about the last time they entered a town. They still carried the weapons from those who were too foolhardy to battle them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

Anything 10000gp or under you should be able to find. Most more expensive items should be available, but check with me due to regional variations, ongoing war, etc. 1d2 hours to find an item up to 4k, 1d4 hours for 4k-8k, 1d6 hours for up to 12k. It will take 6 hours to buy a mount and tack (find the place, select an animal, get everything fitted, transfer ownership, learn basics of care, etc).
    Mounts you know should be available:
    Warhorse (light and heavy)
    Warpony
    Wyvern (I need to calculate cost)
    Rhinoceros

As far as your time in town:
    -Do you shop together, or do you split up?
    -Do you stay someplace cheap, someplace middle of the road, or someplace expensive?
    -Do you stay near the merchant rulers, near a trade district, near a residential area, or in a rougher part of town?
    -What, if any, information do you try to gather?
    -What, if any, steps do you take to obscure your identities, loyalties, etc.?
    -What do each of you do if the scrying sensor shows up again, targeted at you?
    -Who, if anyone, do you try to meet or research in town?
    -Do you carry everything with you, or do you leave the wagon and some belongings at whatever inn you stay at? What security measures do you take?
    Campaign Logs:

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

In Town

Arriving in town near the end of the day, you are able to find a place in the trade district. Catering to merchants, there’s even a secure area to pack your wagon (which is starting to look a bit battered from cross-country travel, and is definitely dirty!) and a stall and non-magical feed for Roger.

It takes the better part of a day to arrange the sale of all of the group’s items. You eventually find a magician’s supply shop in a rather shady part of town that agrees to buy the shards of onyx.

Entirely coincidentally, you are stopped for a random inspection not a half-hour later by a squad of guards. Finding nothing out of order, and with no traces of necromantic magic or evil about your persons, you’re released quickly.

Spoiler: shopping times
    Show

1d2 hours to find an item up to 4k, 1d4 hours for 4k-8k, 1d6 hours for up to 12k.
    Items under 4k
    4 (rolled 5 hours)
    Items 4k-8k
    3 (rolled 8 hours)
    Items up to 12k+
    1 (rolled 4 hours)

When speaking with the stablemasters, RexThaun learns that Wyverns are stabled about two miles north of the city walls (but within the claimed and patrolled area) of Panjin, atop a steep hill that offers a good launching pad and room for them to be regularly exercised. The “Air Master,” as the head of the rookery styles himself, has a representative in town, and Rex is able to pre-negotiate the deal in less time than expected. Final fitting of the saddle and tack will take some time, but the barding will be ready.

In total, it takes about 3 days in Panjin to sell everything, and find all of the equipment you are looking for. Roger finds a good home with an upstart mercenary who’s happy to have a fearless, battle-hardened mount. There are a number of mercenary groups and would-be adventurers in town at the moment; there are wars and rumors of wars all around, and for those who trade blood for gold, opportunity seems to be everywhere.

The scrying sensor shows up once more during the three days, at least as far as the two of you can tell. At one point on the third day, the two of you return to your room to find the window closed – but you’re pretty sure it was open. Maybe it was just the maid cleaning. It’s entirely possible that your presence is no secret to any Imperial agents in town, although since you’re focused on shopping, you don’t know who those might be.

Finally, on the morning of the fourth day, you’re ready to ride up to the rookery, and then northwards from there.

Any last-minute changes to make? We’ll pick up once Snowbluff’s character is ready.
    Campaign Logs:

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

Rex enjoys the bedding, and the food. though, he always enjoyed the food, so that wasn't particularly a hard thing for him to do. Joas seemed content in mostly ignoring the sensor, he told him it was there, listening to them, but he could never see it. Shrugging his shoulders, he kept quite, knowing that the time manipulating Joas was most likely correct. He always was, so he did as he was bidden.

He lit up as they moved toward the rookery, Roger was a good horse, but he had to leave him behind, he needed something more, and the Wyverns, in Rex's mind, were the most superior mount possible. Apart from a real Dragon, but he wasn't sure how he felt about riding an actual dragon, perhaps he could find one, and befriend them, then he could suggest it?

He listened intently to the stable master, heeding the advice on how to care and treat the great animal, soon, he would be able to fly, soar through the clouds like a real dragon, and it thrilled him to no end. He had to hide his excitement though, his teeth kept making the stable master frown, had he not seen people smile before?

Leading him to the Wyvern he would be taking, he nodded in approval, it was a mighty beast, he moved up to it slowly, as instructed, and placed his hand on the snout of the wyvern, letting it smell him, and accept him of its own accord.

When it did, he couldn't help but smile, even if it did make the stable man frown.

Once he had made sure the saddle was secure, and his gear stowed, he headed out to find Joas.

Spoiler
    Show

Ready to rock and roll people.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

Joas and Rex leave the rookery around mid-morning; Rex is on his new Wyvern mount, still un-named, and Joas is atop his magically summoned horse. There’s only one road leading directly north, and it borders the lake. Flying and riding at a healthy clip, the two artifact-seekers reach the edge of officially controlled territory after only an hour (4 miles). Passage through the checkpoint is simple – weapons are un-peace-bonded, and their identities noted.

Outside the officially controlled area, the terrain shifts to fields of grain & livestock west of the road, bordering small peasant houses & barns. East of the road is still the lake, which remains just as dark, wet, and deep as before.

The road has a gravel surface and is about 15’ wide. It goes in a generally straight line, approximately 30-80’ from the water’s edge, and 10-15’ above it.

Rex spots motion from atop his mount right as several figures move onto the road from behind a barn, apparently to block it, about 150’ in front of Joas. One of the figures takes flight, despite having no visible wings.

=> Rex and Joas, you get one move action as they move out (before you’ve had a chance to take in details). What general direction do you head? Rex, what altitude are you flying at?
    I will populate your starting locations on a map tomorrow based on this.
    Campaign Logs:

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

Rex nods at the wyvern as it looks into his eyes, he smiles a toothy grin "I'll call you Lockheed." he says quietly, the wyvern passively stared back, blinking once. It seemed to be what he was looking for and he nodded again, and climbed upon the dragon, pulling gently on the reigns, he took his new mount outside for the first time as its rider, and couldn't help but beam.

He found Joas close by and they took off out of town, he kept Lockheed close, only 60 feet or so above the ground, letting the wyvern stretch its wings but not too far from Joas, keeping slightly abreast from him.

He narrowed his eyes as he saw the figures, and barked down to Joas. He bought his knees in and kicked slightly downwards, letting Lockheed know he wanted to land.

"Joas, what do you want to do here, I believe they mean us harm" he says, in a mocking tone.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action fly down next to Joas
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

Joas squints as he tries to discern what is going on, and then shrugs at Rex: "I believe you may very well be right, Rex....but I also believe it is best not to be an aggressor, especially not so close to the city. Let´s carry on and see what they want." Joas lets his horse carry on at the same pace.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

Rex descends, landing Lockheed next to Joas, as the human rides closer.

A pair of centaurs are on the road ahead of you; one is carrying a longbow, while the other has a lance resting across his arms. On the west side of the road is a human in heavy armor, carrying a tower shield. Near a short hedge, you see a second human; this one is barefooted, and wearing a blue robe. Another human, in blue-dyed leather armor, floats overhead, empty-handed.

The armored figure shouts out a threat: “Tilghman sends his regards, and regrets that he can’t be here in person. He's a good man, and I'm glad he's not dead any more. I don’t know what that bastard il-Kim is up to sending his crazies up away from the battle, but neither the Empire nor the pantheon is too happy with him. Give up or die.”

Spoiler: Map
    Show

picture should be clickable for larger version
    CL = Centaur with Lance
    CB = Centaur with Bow
    HA = Heavy Armor
    Hb = Human barefoot
    F^30 = Flyer @ 30' altitude

=> Party
    Campaign Logs:

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

Gretch

Spoiler
    Show
    Gretch will use travel devotion, move to CH83 with her move and swift action.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Troll in the Playground

Joas

Joas sighs. He does that a lot, lately. Realizing a combat is nigh-inevitable, he mumbles to Rex: "Go get ´em." Immediately after, a thin layer of ectoplasm forms over Joas´ body which then seems to sink into his skin. 45 feet in front of him, a large construct appears, much larger than the ones he´d make earlier, which charges towards the robed barefooted man (DA81) and ends his run with a slam. Further analyzing the problems they have gotten themselves into, Joas concentrates to regain his mental focus.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Self:
    Standard: Vigor, 7PP, share with crystal, +35 temp hp
    Swift: Favoured construct, take (1d8)[1] damage
    Move: regain focus (DC20) (1d20+14)[23]

Construct:
    Charge (+2att, -2AC) the barefooted man, end charge in DA81
    Slam: (1d20+17)[29], damage (2d6+16)[23]. Crit confirm (if 37) (1d20+17)[21], bonus damage (2d6+16)[26]. Damage is bludgeoning and magic. If hit: trip (1d20+15)[20]

Spoiler: Construct stats
    Show
    PERSONAL CONSTRUCT

Special menu abilities: (B) Muscle, (A) Improved natural attack, (A) Trip

Medium construct
    100 hp
    +1 initiative
    40 Sp
    AC 23 (touch 10, flat-footed 22)
    Attack: 2 slams +15
    Damage: 2d6+16
    Sp: Darkvision, low-light vision, DR5/magic, construct traits,Trip +15
    F+2, R+3, W+2
    S33, D13, C-, I-, W11, C10

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

Rex

Rex frowns at the mention of the lawman, and the general disrespect shown here. All signs of happiness gone, he quickly glances over the battlefield, seeing the largest threat, he kicks Lockheed into a flying charge directly toward the centaurs.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift action to activate LAW devotion
    Charge to DG/DH 80/81

Rex Charge
    Lance - (1d20+14)[17]
    Damage - (3d8+6)[13]

Wyvern charge
    Sting - (1d20+10)[29]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[8] + DC 17 Fort vs Poison con damage - (2d6)[4]

ride - (1d20+11)[24] to deflect the inevitable attack vs mount
    Will initiate Shield block on Lockheed if they do target him

Maneuvers - (gained Vanguard Strike and Shield Block)
    1. Vanguard Strike
    2. Douse the Flames
    3. Battle Leaders Charge
    4. Shield Block
    5. Foehammer

Stance - Iron Guards Glare: Foes suffer a -4 to attack allies when Rex threatens them

Lockheed AC: 21-2 = 19
    Lockheed Damage 98/98
    Effects: Dragon Aura - sense (+2 to init, spot and listen)

AC: 26-2 = 24
    Touch AC: 11-2 = 9
    Rex Damage: 136/136
    Breath: Available!
    LAW: 10/10
    Effects: Dragon Aura - sense (+2 to init, spot and listen), swift action used
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2017-03-22 at 05:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

Round 1, Part 1

No strangers to sudden violence, Joas summons a construct that beats down the barefoot man, knocking him to the ground, while Rex charges one of the centaurs on his steed, driving his lance and the wyvern’s stinger home.

Spoiler
    Show

Construct slam hits for 23 damage.
    Hb has -1 and can’t win…tripped

Targeting flat-footed AC…
    Lance hits for 13 damage.
    Wyvern hits for 8 damage.
    CB Fort (1d20+4)[11] vs DC17 or 4 Con damage from poison fail

Gretchen moves closer – no longer stealthy, but still covered by the barn.

Spoiler: Status
    Show

Hb 23 damage, prone
    CB 21 damage, 4 CON damage

Joas +34 temp HP

Last edited by J-H; 2017-03-22 at 04:16 PM.
    Campaign Logs:

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

Round 1, Part 2

Some sort of magical feedback from the tripped man damages the construct (12 damage).
    The armored man backs up, casting a spell at the construct, but fails to harm it. The barefoot man desperately casts a spell, and a white glow envelops the Astral Construct, causing it to dissipate right before it would have landed a heavy blow on the man.
    Spoiler
    Show

Concentration check to cast a 3rd level spell defensively (1d20+15)[31] vs DC18 success
    If failed, AOO (1d20+15)[26] for (2d6+16)[23]
    If succeeded, Dispel check (1d20+7)[27] vs ML 19 success, dispelled
    If successful, he’ll stand from prone.

The flier points at RexThaun, releasing a burst of green energy. The bow-wielding centaur steps back, firing a pair of arrows at the dragonborn that both miss.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ranged touch (1d20+8)[27] for (4d6)[21] damage, Fort DC14 or sickened for 1 minute hit for 21
    Rex Fort (1d20+15)[16] 1 auto-fails, -2 on attack/damage/saves, etc.

5’ step, includes PBS
    Attack (1d20+12)[19] for (2d6+5)[8] miss
    Attack (1d20+7)[16] for (2d6+5)[10] miss

The lance-wielder stabs at Rex, while kicking at the Wyvern with his hooves. The lance bounces off of Rex's armor, and the dragonborn agilely blocks a blow with his shield.
    Spoiler
    Show

Lance (1d20+12)[17] for (3d6+10)[14] miss
    Hoof (1d20+7)[17] for (2d6+3)[11] miss
    Hoof (1d20+7)[24] for (2d6+3)[9] Ride check does not negate; Shield Block boosts AC by 7, blocking it. Shield block is expended, Swift action for next round is used.
    Ride check of 24 and Shield Block counter are both active on Lockheed.

Spoiler: Map & Status
    Show

Hb 23 damage
    CB 21 damage, 4 CON damage

Rex 21 damage, sickened until Round 10 part 2
    Joas +34 temp HP

=> Party
    Last edited by J-H; 2017-03-22 at 05:12 PM.
    Campaign Logs:

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

Rex

Rex reels from the eldritch blast as it crawls over him in sickening and revolting way, for a moment, he gritted his teeth and was about to repel the noxious assault, but it found a chink in his fortitude and attacked relentlessly, Rex had never felt so disgusted, he almost vomited and swayed slightly in his saddle, he kept upright though and pushed the assault, forgoing the damn lance he dropped it down and pulled his sword out, it crackled with electrical energy as he swung it towards the already injured centaur, channeling his fervor into his swings, even though he felt lessened by the arcane attack.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift action used
    free action - drop lance
    free action - 5ft forward to DG/DH 79/80
    free action - draw bastard sword on the move

Rex Full attack vs Archer Centaur (-2 sickened, +1 furious counterstrike, +3 Law devotion)
    Attack 1 - (1d20+12)[27]
    Damage - (1d10+3)[4] & Electricity - (1d6)[1]

Attack 2 - (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage - (1d10+3)[9] & Electricity - (1d6)[1]

Wyvern Full attack (merged the talon and wing attacks and took middle damage from the two attacks)
    Attack 1 - (1d20+10)[26]
    Stinger - (1d6+4)[10] + DC 17 Fort vs Poison Con damage - (2d6)[4]

Attack 2 - (1d20+8)[19]
    Bite - (2d8+2)[11]

Attack 3 - (1d20+8)[9]
    Slam - (2d6+2)[8] (1d8+2)[5]

Attack 4 - (1d20+8)[16]
    Slam - (2d6+2)[10]

Ride - (1d20+11)[24] to deflect attack vs mount (-2)

Maneuvers - (gained Foehammer)
    1. Vanguard Strike
    2. Douse the Flames
    3. Battle Leaders Charge
    4. Shield Block
    5. Foehammer

Stance - Iron Guards Glare: Foes suffer a -4 to attack allies when Rex threatens them

Lockheed AC: 21
    Lockheed Damage 98/98
    Effects: Dragon Aura - senses

AC: 26
    Touch AC: 11
    Rex Damage: 120[5]/136
    Breath: Available!
    LAW: 9/10
    Effects: Dragon Aura - senses, swift action used, Sickened 10/10 (-2 to attacks/damage/saves/skill/ability checks)

Misc:
    Bow Centaur takes secondary effects in 9 rounds (DC fort 17)
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2017-03-23 at 01:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

29. - Top - End - #989
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Small note regarding dispelling
    Show
    The DC to dispel my personal constructs is actually 20, because my ML is 9. Not that it mattered in this case, but hey.

Joas

Joas mutters a curse under his breath. Dispelling...so crude, so desperate, and decides to give the man a deja-vu. He conjours a new construct, which performs exactly the same action: A strong drain on his power reserve, but the situation seems to warrant it.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Self:
    Swift: manifest personal construct (9PP), take (1d8)[4] damage
    Standard: Manifest Share pain on crystal (5PP)
    Move: regain focus DC20 (1d20+14)[31]

Construct:
    Charge barefooted man (+2att, -2AC): Slam (1d20+17)[37], damage (2d6+16)[22]. Crit confirm (if 37) (1d20+17)[31], bonus damage (2d6+16)[19]. Damage is bludgeoning and magic. If hit: trip (1d20+15)[26]

Spoiler: AC stats
    Show
    PERSONAL CONSTRUCT

Special menu abilities: (B) Muscle, (A) Improved natural attack, (A) Trip

Medium construct
    100 hp
    +1 initiative
    40 Sp
    AC 23 (touch 10, flat-footed 22)
    Attack: 2 slams +15
    Damage: 2d6+16
    Sp: Darkvision, low-light vision, DR5/magic, construct traits,Trip +15
    F+2, R+3, W+2
    S33, D13, C-, I-, W11, C10

30. - Top - End - #990
    Titan in the Playground

Gretchen

Gretchen closes in, and fire a spell at F. She doesn't chatter, merely focuses on her objective.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to with swift and move action CW 82

Great Skirmish triggers (+3 AC, +5d6 damage)
    Ray of enfeeblement specifically does negative energy, but Dragonfire Strike will make that Sonic

Attack(1d20+10)[29] versus touch
    Damage (5d6)[16] sonic
    Stength Penalty (1d6+4)[10]

Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.