New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default [Art Shop/Order] Steen's road to RPG Art [Accepting Free character submission]

Hello, my name is Steen, i am a freelance illustrator and concept artist. I always loved RPGs in medieval and fantasy setting more than anything, lately i have been interested in creating/drawing and painting characters of all sorts, i also wanted to explore and create more diverse and hybrid creatures/characters! lastly, i figured why not join a community in which my skills may be needed, of help and appreciated.

Here, are a couple of samples to which extent my skills are, at the moment. Enjoy!

Colored/rendered full body characters: these were 4 elemental "sanggres" i did as a fan art and tribute to a show called "Encantadia"

-------------

Something more realistic and less fantastical.

-------------

A viking woman warrior, wielding an oversized axe!

-------------

A Vampire king sittin on an Impaler's throne

-------------

Tried mixing 17-19th century royalty with minimal fantasy themes, what came out? a Dragon emperor!

------------

If anyone would be interested in commissioning me for a character art, here are my base prices for such!

Full body sketch and bnw: $50
    Half body sketch and bnw: $25

Fullbody rendered: $100 up (depending on details and amount of work
    Halfbody rendered: $50

Character Portraits sketch: $50
    Character Portraits rendered: $85

Multiple characters sketch: $25
    Multiple characters rendered: $80-100+ (depends on how many and how detailed of a render)

What i need?

Form
    Character short bio, and info, (so i can get in the zone)
    Character special equipments (if any)
    Character appearance and attire: hair, color, skintone ect
    Character unique trademarks: birthmarks, scars. ect.
    personal and additional notes: (If want to clear a term, e.g a race that is very specific in characteristics!

Always accepted: additional and in-depth character Bio. <3

----- I will keep updating for new works!
    Last edited by steen_dl; 2016-09-06 at 04:15 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Art Shop/Order] Steen's road to RPG Art [Accepting Free character submission]

I have no monies, so I'll bite at anything that's free.

Name: Vergil Asmodean
    Twitter hash: No clue what that is. If it's my username, it's @Asmodean_
    Character bio and information: A chaotic neutral (neutral greedy, of course) drow sorcerer who's fed up with nobody having common sense. Left his drow homeland not because of a permanent uncorruptable chaotic good alignment but because he'd rather be somewhere where everybody's not trying to kill him. Minor nobility but it doesn't really count - like if someone were the Archduke... of Milton Keynes.

In addition to being a magnet for necromantic artefacts (not his fault, it's just they have a natural homing instinct for elves of any kind and they don't get out much), he's also been
    Spoiler: Haven't written these parts yet, but it'll probably be around part 15
    Show

tasked by the drow goddess Nevakin to bring his race up to its former glory since he's the only one not planning an assassination or dreaming of being the lord/lady of the First House.

For extra in-depth stuff, I wrote some chapters based on his misadventures with an elf (and recently, a dwarf)
    Spoiler: things in which I used to be involved before i was claimed by the great pestilence of exams
    Show
    The One Sane Drow (Vergil: Drow Sorcerer 5, CN)
    The Uprise (IC/OOC) (Ker'anson: Drow Arcane Spellcaster 4, NE)

Running Total Of Things I've Critically Hit That Jormengand Didn't Want Me To Critically Hit: 3

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: [Art Shop/Order] Steen's road to RPG Art [Accepting Free character submission]

@Asmodean_ Thanks for dropping by! i gladly accept this! figured i might as well take these kind of things as practice and warm up as i dive int the DnD world! thank you for taking the time!! :))

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

finished up a sketch of @Asmodean_ 's drow sorcerer!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by steen_dl View Post
    finished up a sketch of @Asmodean_ 's drow sorcerer!
    Oh my god that's amazing thank you! Permission to use as my forum avatar?
    Spoiler: things in which I used to be involved before i was claimed by the great pestilence of exams
    Show
    The One Sane Drow (Vergil: Drow Sorcerer 5, CN)
    The Uprise (IC/OOC) (Ker'anson: Drow Arcane Spellcaster 4, NE)

Running Total Of Things I've Critically Hit That Jormengand Didn't Want Me To Critically Hit: 3

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodean_ View Post
    Oh my god that's amazing thank you! Permission to use as my forum avatar?
    Sure buddy! i', glad you liked it!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

sketched Sly9's Pale Heartbeat Wind (Dakai Hjalkar)