New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 18

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Riverside 18

Riverside, a small, modern city, some ways away from the sprawl of Inside. The city has always been in a state of flux since it came to be a part of the Nexus. Powers have risen and fallen, disasters have struck, and the climate has always been unstable. Because of all this, the people of Riverside are a hardy lot. They know what it takes to survive, and it's not always pleasant. Riverside sits on the edge of the Nexus, so while it's still prone to the strangeness common there, it's far more stable than other parts of the Nexus. A city like this is not a safe an stable place, but for many it's home and for some it's even opportunity.

Welcome to Riverside.

Current Events
    • Eastside's elections have concluded and Jezebel was elected as the new mayor.
    • The boundaries imposed on the city limits by Wildside have been pushed back and each of the districts have been granted more territory to develop.

The Districts
    Spoiler
    Show
    Northside
    Northside is the most prosperous part of the city. Many of the city's wealthiest live there, especially toward the center of the district. There a castle floats in the sky, housing the government of most of the entire city, Malechenar. Northside benefits from the careful eye of its rulers. There have been great strides taken toward making it the safest and most attractive part of the city.

Eastside
    Eastside is mostly a middle-to-lower class, densely populated area. It's fairly multicultural, even by Nexus standards, and inhabited by a wide range of species and cultures. It has been a poorer area for most of it's existence, but fairly recently they have rallied under a democratic government and, as a result, their lot has improved.

Southside
    Southside has fallen far behind the development of the rest of the city. First it was emptied by it's queen's parting, and then claimed by villains. Now, however, the remaining major powers of the city have begun to lay their claim to the once empty territory. New construction has sprung up and people are gradually moving back in. It isn't free from turmoil, but progress is being made.

Westside
    Westside is unique compared to the rest of the districts because it is covered by a cloak of darkness. During the day the Light of Evolution, an artificial sun suspended in the sky, provides light. However, it is still home to a higher density of people that are adverse to the light for a number of reasons.

The district has fallen on hard times since its government was absorbed into Malechenar. While the peace is being maintained, to an extent, it isn't given the same level of attention that Northside is despite security being hired out to MERC. As a result, it can be quite unstable there at times.

Wildside
    Though not a district in the traditional sense, Wildside is a distinct and relevant part of the city. Along the city's border, the cityscape gives way to forest. Sometimes it's a gradual blending, in other places it's a sharp cut separated by fences and small walls. Though roads and trails do cut through it, it's not recommended to travel through the trees at risk of provoking Wildside's guardian.

Previously there have been failed attempts to break through Wildside to allow the city proper to expand. They were largely unsuccessful. As a result, the city has been trending toward growing upward, rather than outward.

Places Within
    Riverside is a very modern city, and thus a person can find most of the expected amenities. All manner of stores, a hospital, parks and playgrounds, churches, you name it. Most of these places are run and attended to by the residents of the city, regular people without players to guide them most of the time. Players are free to invent and discard these places and the people in them as suits the needs of their roleplaying. Some have been named already, Moth Park, the Golden Flagon Tavern, Sawyer's Inn, but many more are out there.

There are a number of places that have been defined by players, and can be observed and interacted with. Some of these have been listed below for reference.
    Spoiler: Location List
    Show
    Northside
    • Malechenar Castle Shadowcaller
      Spoiler
      Show
      The castle is a gigantic structure, far larger than any other building in the city and somehow defying the laws of gravity by levitating right over it. This castle have no visible courtyard or entrances however, just a myriad of strained glass archway-shaped windows surrounded by round black walls. The walls are arranged like gigantic archways which supports structure with smaller archways on top which in turn supports other other archways which builds up the entire wall which is connected by an myriad of spires and build in passage ways. {Reference Image}

There are five much larger spires coming off from the main structure, reaching up into the air like spikes. Four of them end with large diamond shaped objects made of a red glass-like material. The fifth and tallest spire is in the very middle of the structure and could be called a tower instead as it's much wider than the others and ends with five smaller spires arranged in a similar ways as the ones in the castle itself.

All over Malechenar sit gargoyles upon ledges which seem to have been specifically made for them, their black skin blending in perfectly into the building.
    • Third Circle: LordDeathkeeper
      Spoiler
      Show
      The Third Circle is a small, unassuming building, its sign over the door in bold red paint and its front window mostly kept clear to prevent the sunlight from fading any colors. It advertises all written words at affordable prices, and for adventurers to inquire within about jobs.

The interior is a soft wooden-brown with reds, and smells like a library full of old books. Most of the furniture is as you'd expect, save for the counter, which is normal height but has only minimal space behind it, likely due to the fact that the clerk is a two-foot-tall imp. Next to the counter is a large bulletin board covered in paper slips.

Eastside
    • Abandoned Hospital: Shadowcaller
      Spoiler
      Show
      Eastside Hospital was build on the ground of the old hospital which burned to the ground long ago. But after strange things started to happen inside the building and a financial crisis, the building was abandoned and all it's patients moved to the Northside Hospital. The building was supposed to have converted into office space but by that time people had started to refuse to set their foot in the haunted halls.
      So now the building stands empty, the only residents are wild animals. Yet despite no one living there there have still been reports of strange things happening at night to the degree that even the homeless has chosen to stay out of the building that is said to be haunted by the ghosts of those who perished in that fire many years ago.
      The building itself consists of three wings and a separate maternity ward building which remained after old hospital burned to the ground.
      The majority of the windows are cracked and there and the empty corridors are filled with junk left behind by the staff as well as graffiti and old rags left by the homeless (or teenagers).
    • Cosiellio's Temple: Halae
      Spoiler
      Show
      There's a small temple here that just finished construction last week. It's a fairly plain thing, more utilitarian than ostentatious, but it's made of marble and granite, giving it a glowing white appearance in the sun, with Cos' holy symbol in a large carved statue above the front door. It's a shield with feathered wings imposed along the front, giving it the impression of a heart. It's carved impeccably; it must have been done with magic.

A few of Cos' faithful are here almost all the time - given the informal nature of the temple, everybody drifts in to say a few prayers whenever they're feeling like they should, or whenever they have the time. Cos himself regularly visits, of course, and answers prayers directly.
    • Light's Heart: Shadowcaller
      Spoiler
      Show
      The citadel rises up like something taken from a sci-fi movie. The walls are golden colored, untainted by age and dirt. Like something that was just build just recently. Five towers have been built into the wall, standing no less then 40 feet tall, looking like they have been cut out from the same stone. Above the towers rises the citadel itself, completely square in form and made of the same golden stone it have numerous arrow slits carved out at the upper floors. Leading around it's form is a wooden staircase going from the top of the citadel to the courtyard below.The only visible entrance is the massive gate made of obsidian colored wood which stands wide open, inviting anyone inside.
    • Lotus Gardens: UncleWolf
      Spoiler
      Show
      The Lotus Gardens are a veritable Eden, a paradise in the middle of an otherwise fairly "normal" city. The entire section appears carved of white marble and smells of sweets, a hint of sweat, and exotic flowers, inviting all to come and stay in the Lotus Garden's Embrace.

Home to the Slaanesh Cult "The Masks", the population is full of exotic and beautiful appearing people who are always welcoming. Though many just live around the area, actual cultists seem few and far between, wearing their Masks as they patrol the streets as guards.

In the very center is the Mask Temple, a cathedral of white marble and stained glass windows, surrounded by paired statues of lovers locked in eternal embrace.
    • Parliament Buildings: Recaiden
      Spoiler
      Show
      Converted from several buildings in the middle of the district, it serves as the seat of the administration. The Mayor resides there.

Not far from the Town Hall, the small circular new building serves as the meeting place for the People's Parliament. It includes a large hall for meetings as well as offices for all the members.

The main administration building for the Hunter force. The Hunter Commander's office is located there, as well as the rest of the administrative staff.

Southside
    • DMside: Zefir
      Spoiler
      Show
      DMside is a small district located in the east of Southside, close to the city's edge. It's main building is an iron cathedral of Deus Mechanicus. Around the cathedral are a number of factories, labs, and shops that work on robotics. A shield generator in front of the cathedral serves as its main defense against attacks.
    • Xar'cha Residence: Reinholdt
      Spoiler
      Show
      Home to the demon hunter Ilpholin Xar'cha, this large building appears more like a fortress than a residence. The entire thing being shaped like a spider where it expects you to enter through its mouth may be off-putting, but if one makes it up to the front door they will be warmly greeted by the local AI.

The immediate inside is much more welcoming with carefully arranged furniture designed around receiving guests. The majority of the rooms past this point serve a variety of purposes as they stretch deeper and deeper underground.

Westside
    • Cathedral of the Sacred Order of Cunningham: happyturtle
      Spoiler
      Show
      The Westside Cathedral is large enough to house people for emergency purposes, but in general, only the family of the pastor and the groundskeeper live there.

Pastor Rockwell
      is the Pastor
      Sister Janice is the Pastor's wife, and a skilled hippiemancer.
      Spoiler
      Show
      [IMG][/IMG]
    • Club Pulse: Shadowcaller
      Spoiler
      Show
      The club is quite easily noticed by the huge neon sign outside, Pulse was easily recognized as Riversides largest nightclub. Beyond the line and the bouncer outside is a classic club layout with a large dance floor with loud music and flashing lights.

In a slightly more calm area of the club is the bar run by an one-eyed bartender called Ryo.

There are two stairs leading up to the upper floor where it's easier to talk and drink.

The atmosphere is pretty heavy as you walk inside with techno music playing very loud.
    • Evolution Industries: Darkcomet
      Spoiler
      Show
      Three main buildings make up Evolution Industries' holdings in Riverside. The first is the main administrative building. A nondescript office building bearing the EI logo.

Next there is the Evolution Industries power plant. It is a heavily reinforced building that houses a Class 3 MACE unit. It is an incredibly potent power source that provides power to most of Riverside.

Lastly there is the Light of Evolution's control center. The artificial sun that lights up Westside's days is maintained by EI and powered by it's power plant. A bright blue beam of energy links the structure and the sun above.

Posts for EI's property should occur in this thread.
    • MagMart: Lord Magtok
      Spoiler
      Show
      If the individual entering has any sort of familiarity with the other MagMart, back when it was its own building apart from Mallside, they'll probably notice that this Riverside one doesn't look anywhere near as glamorous as its predecessor. It's a modest purple brick building, the glass display windows aren't even properly bulletproof, and the smelly homeless people usually employed to wander around about the front of the store in a wacky MagMascot costume with an enormous cyborg head are mysteriously absent.

That said, you can still find just about everything here that you can at the Mallside store. Curtains to carpets, macaroni to monkeys on motorcycles, groceries to zombies garlic. The staff is always happy to help (or else), and if you aren't entirely satisfied with your shopping experience, you can pay a small fee to watch the MagMart employee of your choosing get fired out the MagMart complimentary employee morale cannon. Except in this store, the 'morale cannon' is really more of a morale bazooka, and while it's still fun to watch, it's nowhere near as charming.
    • Toy Tinker: Murkus
      Spoiler
      Show
      Here stands the Toy Tinker, a rich, ancient wooden building styled after the sort of boardwalk shop you might've found on Earth in the early American twentieth century. It's a crude blocky affair dominated by sweeping, simple architecture, built in two stories with a basement beneath. The front of the shop is covered by two long, shiny windows, behind which waits a plethora of playthings. Mostly metal work, plus some plastic or wood worked in. The various creatures move about with a life of their own, eyes aglow by some strange inner light. Dragons with clockwork guts waddle alongside tin soldiers run on batteries and copper wire. You can find just about any sort of toy here.

The Tinker supplies the most lifelike toys anywhere, guaranteed. Just don't ask how the proprietor makes them - unless you're looking for business of a different sort.

Wildside
    • Underground Hive: Slii Arhem
      Spoiler
      Show
      Beneath the massive network of roots that bind the trees together are deep, winding tunnels that serve as a home to the bee colonies being kept by the orchard's guardian. These megalithic hives have even extended slightly under the city limits, and complaints about deep, sonorous buzzing in those sections of the city have increased substantially.

Archive
    Spoiler
    Show

This thread is managed by Gulaghar. He will create the new thread when this one reached 50 pages. Please contact him for updates to the OP.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-06-23 at 11:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 18

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [The Jungle's Croft Restaurant and Grille]

Harnetta grunts, "I'm looking for a relationship. I'm... truth be told not really that eager for the mating part of it. Would it be there? Sure. But it'd be sort of peripheral to me versus the companionship." the half-dragon is looking pretty awkward at this point.

"Well unless you wanted me to change in some way, it wouldn't even be mating. It's just recreation at that point, and I could take or leave that. So... unless you wanted kids some day, it's no big deal for me either." Lee coughs, feeling very awkward as well.

"I guess... do you mind if I try explaining another way? All you need to know about how being a concept affects me as a person is that I get warm, fuzzy, happy feelings when I see people pair off and have long, healthy relationships with lots of kids. Other than that, I'm my own entity."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnetta frowns, "In that case, we're probably looking for different things out of this. I don't really want any m- any kids." she's had kids before, and look how that turned out. they're great children, but Harnetta's not eager to rush into it again, particularly when she'd likely be the one getting pregnant.

"That doesn't mean we can't enjoy each other's company for the night, though."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #4

Lee shakes her head vigorously, her hair flying and her visible eye tearing up, "I- you- ugh, sorry, let me start over. I don't care about whatever you want to do in the bedroom, but having children is a big deal, and it's a step that should only be taken if everyone involved wants it. That's what I meant. I told you that I like seeing couples be happy together and have kids, but I... Well okay, do you mind hearing me out, and maybe not freaking out if I tell you something else?"
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnetta rubs her head and mutters quietly, "Ugh, I'm so dense. Yeah, go ahead. Sorry I misunderstood you."

The half-dragon's tail is moving back and forth. So very very awkward.

6. - Top - End - #6

Lee wipes her tears away with a napkin and smiles again, "It's okay, it's just that I'd like to make something of this, and I wanted to be clear with what we both want out of it. Companionship sounds wonderful to me, but if it doesn't work out that way, I didn't want it to be because I'd misspoke." For lack of a better thing to do, she goes back to holding Harnetta's hand as the food arrives, if the half-dragoness is okay with that.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnetta smiles, and squeezes Lee's hand as well, before turning towards her meal to eat. It all smells delicious, and she can't resist just digging in.

8. - Top - End - #8

Lee would try to remind her about the burger request, but the food smells so good that she simply digs into her medium rare steak at the same time, cutting off large chunks and letting out little moans of ecstasy as she devours the wonderfully done entree.

"That was amazing. I don't think I've ever tasted spices that good."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

[Empress' Estate - The Stag]

Adir takes his Beretta and tucks it back in it's holster, snapping that shut before giving the Empress his full attention again. He listens to her full response, and considers carefully. The stag just about asks 'is that it?' Or perhaps, 'what does the ceremony entail?' Maybe even something smart, like 'what would my duties be?'

No, none of that. Never having to fear for his family's security and sustenance sounds like just about the best possible outcome he could have hoped for. His ears flick up against his head as he bows deeply. "Thank you, Empress. I'll be back later today."

And so it is. He departs, as slowly and respectfully as possible, then just about bolts toward home. Yes! Finally! Things were looking up.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Eastside Elections - Toby Druid]

Wenomir listens to Tobias's speech with some interest. It all sounds too good to be true, but he realizes he's not only ignorant of politics but also an incurable pessimist. Perhaps this was what the people of Eastside want to hear. He hangs around after the speech is finished.
    Toby gets a drink of water after all that talking before approaching his old friend. It's good to see you, of course, but you're not the one I expected to find here. How long has it been, Wenomir?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

"Too long," Wenomir admits with a sigh. "Rebuilding Vigil has been a trying ordeal. But now that we've had some success, some weight has been lifted from me, and I thougth I'd drop by. Can't say I was surprised to see you up on that stage."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #12

I'm glad to hear that things are going well. He shrugs, giving the swordsman a small smile. I spent long enough playing a small part to help people. I wanted to see if I could take on a larger role.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"Good on you. The ideals of democracy appeal to me, and I'm glad to see it go on in Eastside." He sighs again. "Some things are going well, yes. But Kr's still missing." He's been very tight-lipped about it, but it gets out sometimes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Bridge - Hostage Exchange]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "We will see what the future brings." Mia says as she signs the contract as well. A copy is made for bth sides, the robot on her side prooves to be a whole office of some sort. Each time she hits the robot it seems to offer the service needed.

With a hit on the cains of the prisoner they will release him so he can cross the bridge and go to his people. The robot behind stands ready.
    Huh. The General blinks at the office-robot. Multi-purpose can go a bit far, can't it? Then she picks up her copy of the papers and-
    The prisoner is free! He shakes out the chains and walks over to the general, a new spring in his step. He gets a hug from her, and the other soldier patting him on the back.

[Xar'cha Residence]

It's important to meet your new neighbors.
    Especially if you suspect they killed your old neighbors. Don't wanna end up like them.

So one morning the General comes up and tries the doorbell. Assuming she makes it that far.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Ever get the feeling you're being watched? Either Toby or Wenomir might note a mysterious hooded figure watching them from a nearby alleyway. Of course, given that Toby just gave a big speech and all, I'm sure it's just some civic-minded citizen who was interested in what he had to say. Probably not anything to be concerned about at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Moth Park]

"...hard..." Manages to utter as her hands reaches for her own throat, as if to attempting to remove an invisible strangler. The guards have similar reactions, seemingly unable to breath normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Moth Park

The demon doesn't let up its assault at all, continuing the attempts at suffocation. It is a magic effect as it uses its ability to warp reality to suck the air from their lungs a bit at a time and to prevent them from drawing in more.
    [Moth Park]

Vax touches her wife's cheek, but her real attention is focused on their surroundings. The air isn't really lacking, she's certain. With no lungs suffer the attack with, her perception is clear. "I believe this isn't as real as it feels, love." Vax has a knack for separating the real from the unreal. It's one of her main assets against a being such as the one they face today. "I'm going to need you to trust me."

And without any doubt that Zhareen does, Vax produces a slender twig. With both her hands she snaps it. The sound resounds louder than it ever should and both Zhareen and the guards will suddenly fall unconscious. When they wake in a moment, any illusion's grip on them should be lost, but there's a brief period of apparent vulnerability while Vax is the only one left standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Phone Call - Nadia's Office]

"We're looking to construct a new administrative building, on the riverfront area east of the Syde. A combination office-clocktower-monument sort of thing. With all the changes the city's undergone, construction styles and levels are a patchwork, and we'd like this ed-i-fice to be a start to bringing everything up to modern standards."
    "Not much expertise in long-term construction around here, and you were recommended by some of our friends in Northside, so we'd like to hear your thoughts."
    [Phone Call - Nadia's Office]

"Oh, I see. Well I will be available starting next week, so you're timing is great. Maybe we can set up a meeting to go over some of the details and we can discuss my contract? I'd like to get a sense of the scope of the project and let you know how I work before we commit to anything. Is that reasonable?" Nadia replies.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

As long as the General doesn't step on the grass, she'll be fine.

There's actually two doorbells. One for Ilpholin, demon hunter, and one for Mister Squiggles. Though it seems largely irrelevant which one the General pushed as the voice that answers is neither. It's likely just there to let the people inside know who's being called upon. A nearby blatant camera looks the General over.

"Good time of day. This HALlelujah unit does not recognize you. Please state your name." There is a brief pause in which the General is expected to state her name. "Is the purpose of your visit: 1) Disfigured friend on a social visit. 2) Disfigured foe on an air quotes social visit. 3) Curious passer by indulging in curiosity. 4) Cake. 5) Dire emergency help help help. 6)... " The list goes on for a while and proves wholly unnecessary as the General can claim a purpose at any time without having to pick a number in addition to there being a number where you fill in the Other option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"Good on you. The ideals of democracy appeal to me, and I'm glad to see it go on in Eastside." He sighs again. "Some things are going well, yes. But Kr's still missing." He's been very tight-lipped about it, but it gets out sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post

Ever get the feeling you're being watched? Either Toby or Wenomir might note a mysterious hooded figure watching them from a nearby alleyway. Of course, given that Toby just gave a big speech and all, I'm sure it's just some civic-minded citizen who was interested in what he had to say. Probably not anything to be concerned about at all.

Ah. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not trying to get involved in your personal business, but if you want help looking for her... I know a guy who has some guys that could do footwork. Checking out a list of places she might have gone.
    The unspoken assumption is not only that she's still active in the Nexus, but that she's not deliberately hiding. If that assumption is an optimistic one, she's not going to be found.

It's been a long time since Toby has had that feeling, but it's a feeling he's learned to never ignore. Especially since he was expecting to come under surveillance today. The Druid gives no outward indication he notices the mysterious watcher, but inside he's on alert.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

"I appreciate the offer, and I won't turn down any help," Wenomir says. "Still... if she hasn't made any contact by now, she's probably dead or corrupted. I don't have much hope. But if there is a way to bring her back... I will find it."

It's notoriously difficult to catch the warrior unaware, and the mysterious watcher didn't manage that either. Wenomir makes note of someone watching, but doesn't act on it any more than Tobias does. They are in a city, and on the site of a political speech.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The mystery hooded figure doesn't make any other act other than to watch. Not yet, anyway. At some point after both Wenomir and Toby notice them, the figure disappears. Perhaps whoever it was may have wanted to be seen?

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Xar'cha Residence]

As long as the General doesn't step on the grass, she'll be fine.

There's actually two doorbells. One for Ilpholin, demon hunter, and one for Mister Squiggles. Though it seems largely irrelevant which one the General pushed as the voice that answers is neither. It's likely just there to let the people inside know who's being called upon. A nearby blatant camera looks the General over.

"Good time of day. This HALlelujah unit does not recognize you. Please state your name." There is a brief pause in which the General is expected to state her name. "Is the purpose of your visit: 1) Disfigured friend on a social visit. 2) Disfigured foe on an air quotes social visit. 3) Curious passer by indulging in curiosity. 4) Cake. 5) Dire emergency help help help. 6)... " The list goes on for a while and proves wholly unnecessary as the General can claim a purpose at any time without having to pick a number in addition to there being a number where you fill in the Other option.
    "Ilpholin, demon hunter" sounds more likely.

She starts responding immediately-
    "It's morning; don't y-"
    'Skye'.

But realizes it's prerecorded and stops, only speaking during the pause.
    Then there's a whole list of options, and she listens to each one before finally selecting.
    "19. Requesting information."
    It would be disrespectful to interrupt the machine.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Xar'cha Residence

"Morning here is afternoon there. Each is but a conception, both passing and relative. But it is always Time of Day." Great, now it's being philosophical. Someone turn it off.

Fortunately the door opens. "You may enter Skye. Have a pleasant day."

At just this time, Ilpholin arrives from wherever she was. She takes a moment to look Skye over before motioning her to follow her. "Come on in." Presuming the General does just that, she'll be lead to the front parlor/sitting room. "You may have any seat you'd like." There are plenty of comfortable looking chairs about, though the couch is the most exquisite spot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #23

Corruption? Oh right. Crap. Ahh... Wenomir, I just remembered a thing that happened to me recently, before I got caught up in this election campaign. You remember that big flying temple thing that went to AMEN? Well, it overflew GLoG and when I went up to collect the required toll for using our airspace, I was greeted by someone. She was wearing KR's form, but acted and talked nothing like her. Went on about using the powers of a demon staff to destroy AMEN. I called BS, of course. Then she revealed herself as "Aegris, the sixth legion", one of those Cuthun demons and clearly an important one. There seemed to be a connection to the plague that attacked Inside, the one I told you was by somebody trying to set up AMEN. I was... unable to investigate further. I don't know what that says about KR's status, one way or the other, but you should be warned. First, that the demons might be trying to corrupt the entire Association to supplement their powers... and second, that they might use her appearance to trick you. Toby really meant to have told someone about this earlier. It's just that he doesn't quite remember how that whole mess ended.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir was about to bring up the hooded watcher, before Tobias dropped a truth bomb. His mouth opens, and his famous composure drops for a few moments. His eyes widen and he looks around frantically.

"You... that's... this could mean anything," he stammers out. "It could be a trick, or... that Aegris could be possessing her. Or her body. In either case... I must find them. But if they're in AMEN... that's a problem."

He seems to be getting a grip of himself.

25. - Top - End - #25

Default [Xar'cha Residence]

"But we're here. It's relative to those involved in the conversation that-"
    "They were just too cheap to give you a clock, weren't they? And now you're trying to justify it."
    \

Luckily the door opens and she saunters inside.

"Hello. Ilpholin?"

She doesn't sit, just leans on the back of the couch, elbows propped on the back of the seat, pointy chin propped on her hands.

"Welcome to the city."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Residence]

Well. Things got mildly more exciting. And interesting. Veeeeery interesting.

The mysterious figure watching the newly refurbished Xar'Cha Residence had started to get bored of her watch. Surely nothing interesting would happen on the first day. But then some Sith had to go and prove her wrong.

Someone might want to go up there and dislodge that mysterious watching figure eventually. Or not. I'm sure she'll leave by herself at some point.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

Mysterious watching figure will have to be dealt with after the general's visit. Even if Ilpholin has no particular qualms about being observed in such a way, determining intention would at least be prudent.

"That's correct." Ilpholin says, choosing to remain standing as well since that's the position the General decided on. "And thank you. Skye was it? I'm afraid you know more about me than I know about you. Would you like something to drink?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post

Huh. The General blinks at the office-robot. Multi-purpose can go a bit far, can't it? Then she picks up her copy of the papers and-
    The prisoner is free! He shakes out the chains and walks over to the general, a new spring in his step. He gets a hug from her, and the other soldier patting him on the back.

[Xar'cha Residence]

It's important to meet your new neighbors.
    Especially if you suspect they killed your old neighbors. Don't wanna end up like them.

So one morning the General comes up and tries the doorbell. Assuming she makes it that far.

Mia doesn't really pay attention. the contracts are signed and the hostage excahnge is over. she will now have to rework on DMside, since a lot of it's citizen died.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #29

Mia should try getting more mechanical citizens. They'd be easier to replace.
    The General, the guard and the former prisoner head back to the bridge and then walk along the river, towards the south.

[Xar'cha Residence]

"Yes, it was."
    "Not so much more. I am here to learn, after all. I try to keep some order in this district. Make it a respectable place again."

Skye tilts her head this way and that at the offer of a drink. Probably poisoned. Probably tastes questionable. But she didn't bring her own drink, and it might be rude to refuse hospitality.
    "Yes please. Sugar water, if you can manage it."
    "The last owner of this place was helping me. I would know why you are here."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

"Oh? Are you in charge of this district now? Or an acting constable? Or just a concerned citizen? You'll forgive my lack of up to date information. I just got back you see." At least, she claims ignorance.

"One second." She turns to head off, presumably into a nearby kitchen area. Time ticks slowly by unless you buy into HALlelujah's relativity, but about three minutes later she'll return with two glasses of sugar water on a tray. "By the last owner do you mean someone specific or AMEN in general? The place seemed fairly unused when I returned. Barring an extensive structural makeover." Candy. Honestly. Even this sugar water had too much sugar for her, let alone the deplorable state this building was in. Speaking of sugar water, she'll set the tray down on the table by the couch, clearly rotating it so one of the glasses was closer to Skye.

"I'm here to hunt demons." She points over her shoulder behind her, towards the front door. "I believe I stated as much on the placard out front. Very clear. Very simple."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2016-09-02 at 09:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast