New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 18

1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 18

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Tier

For some reason, the woman seems completely unbothered by the arms, armor, voice, and demeanor. It's as if she's come across such every day, and she still smiles as she firmly grasps Tier's hand and shakes it. If Tier can feel such, he'll feel that she has an odd strength in her thumb and middle two fingers. Her pointer finger and pinky feel rather weak in comparison. She doesn't let go after the shake however and keeps a firm grip, still smiling. "So, Tier. Mind telling me why my Goddess needs a security detail?" She asks cheerfully even as her grip tightens.
    Tier says "I honestly don't know, I was just called in as a security guard. I didn't know why, it's actually new for me too, I used to work with a group of mercenaries. But I didn't turn down the job. I needed the money, so I signed on without questions." Although Tier can feel the stronger grip, he doesn't seem to be harmed by it if that was the intention. "By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what's with such a strong grip. I know that shaking hands is a professional and polite thing to do, but you seem to be very zealous with your handshake."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Xar'cha Residence - Jacob]

There's a moment's pause before the AI replies, "Mistress Ilpholin has agreed to meet with you."

The door doesn't open yet though. A part of the wall next to the door does, revealing a cubby hole. "Please deposit your weapons inside the alcove. They shall be returned to you upon the conclusion of your visit."
    He sighs, "I guess so." He deposits his SMG, two handguns, two knives, and then asks, "
    Can I keep this walking stick?" If the answer is no, he deposits it.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

"No." I'm sure HALlelujah can cite plenty of legitimate and logical reasons why not. For someone that armed, it's more likely to be a bo staff or a magical staff. Or maybe point out that with the relief of all that heavy equipment Jacob no longer needs a walking stick to help him get around. Honestly though, the AI is just feeling spiteful and the reason Jacob is denied the staff is because of the number of times he called HALlelujah stupid.

Once the staff is also in place, the wall closes and the door opens, allowing Jacob inside. "Thank you. Have a pleasant time of day."

There's a short hallway, followed by another door which opens after the previous one closes behind Jacob. Through this one is the front parlor. A variety of furniture usually sporting various shades of purple, red, and gold await. It's a pretty typical area for meeting with guests.

With hands draped over the back of the chair she's standing behind, Ilpholin Xar'cha awaits. She is a nymph and fully possessing the incredible beauty of one, if not the typical demeanor. She wears a tan officer's uniform and an indigo cape and her stance suggests someone who is used to taking charge. But perhaps her most striking feature was her shoulder length purple hair. Natural purple hair is exceedingly rare.

"Welcome Mister Rancor. Please, have a seat."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Moth Park

The base of the tree is dry as bone and nearly as pale where the blackened bark has peeled away. The ancient watcher over the park is dead and silent, as hollow as empty promises and filled only with a sense of dread. The fear demon's influence stays back for now, and even though it knows that the party wishes to strike against it, it isn't quite sure how. For now, the shadowy influence stays back from the group, away from the painful sense of righteous valor, and bides its time as it watches and waits for its moment to disrupt their plans.

The Lotus Gardens - Riftline

"More kinds than you or I can count. I'm sure there'll be a new one daily for you. I'll see to it."
    She promises. "All you'll have to do is go to the bakery and they'll have one for you." She adds, still smiling.
    Moth Park

Zhareen touches the dead tree, and lets out a gasp. "Oh, this poor thing!" She exclaims. "This old watcher was once a thing of great power, but it was corrupted by evil deeds, so sad!" The merfolk laments. "Now its but a empty vessel, waiting to be filled by the demons essence."

Hekta gives Jezebel a suspicious look. "Alright... so what am I supposed to tell you again? My memory isn't always good unless I get something-something." She rubs two of her claws together.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"No." I'm sure HALlelujah can cite plenty of legitimate and logical reasons why not. For someone that armed, it's more likely to be a bo staff or a magical staff. Or maybe point out that with the relief of all that heavy equipment Jacob no longer needs a walking stick to help him get around. Honestly though, the AI is just feeling spiteful and the reason Jacob is denied the staff is because of the number of times he called HALlelujah stupid.

Once the staff is also in place, the wall closes and the door opens, allowing Jacob inside. "Thank you. Have a pleasant time of day."

There's a short hallway, followed by another door which opens after the previous one closes behind Jacob. Through this one is the front parlor. A variety of furniture usually sporting various shades of purple, red, and gold await. It's a pretty typical area for meeting with guests.

With hands draped over the back of the chair she's standing behind, Ilpholin Xar'cha awaits. She is a nymph and fully possessing the incredible beauty of one, if not the typical demeanor. She wears a tan officer's uniform and an indigo cape and her stance suggests someone who is used to taking charge. But perhaps her most striking feature was her shoulder length purple hair. Natural purple hair is exceedingly rare.

"Welcome Mister Rancor. Please, have a seat."
    Jacob takes a seat.

"Hello Ms. Xar'cha. I've recently met with a person that addressed themself as Nadas. They say you were hunting them because of some demonic curse. I've been trying to figure out what that curse is."

He seems to wait for a comment.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

6. - Top - End - #276
    Halfling in the Playground

The Empress' Estate - The Frescots

"Greetings, Lady Sakura."
    The Empress inclines her head when she is introduced, but when Sakura asks her question she turns to a young handmaid next to her. She's another one of the elves and Adir will recognize her as the one that had undergone the ritual the last time he'd been here. She still seemed as cheery as ever though. She's wearing a particularly conservative dress, covering from neck to ankle with sleeves down to her wrists. Although no words are traded between her and The Empress, the latter turns back to Sakura while the handmaid departs. "Glaahr tells me that there are a few in storage. It will take a few minutes for her to find them, but find them she shall."

The armored woman sits up in her throne a little, leaning forward as she looks the family over. "It truly is wonderful that you have decided to visit, no matter the outcome of today. It has been far too long since many of those who are here have had occasion to smile." She explains before looking at Sakura herself. "It is an empty request as I do not believe you will be able to do it, but do not fear for them while they are here. The Godless, those like my handmaiden, are more likely to dote and spoil such than anything else."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Empress' Estate - Frescots]

Sakura looks at Adir, both to see if he was expecting this and wondering why he's talking so weirdly to this woman. Everything about this situation is odd, honestly, but she's not going to turn her nose up at the Empress' generosity. "Um, thank you so much for having us." Her eyes roam over the food. There's way more than anyone could need here. "I'm sure we'll be able to find plenty to eat. But uh, our two youngest girls can't sit on their own to eat. You wouldn't have seats for them, would you..?"

The kids, meanwhile, aren't as exuberant as they are usually. They tend to be a bit more timid at first when coming to a new place, especially one so foreign as this. At least their parents don't have to struggle with keeping them in line... for now.
    [The Empress' Estate - Frescots!]

Adir is certainly just as surprised as Sakura. He does beam when the Empress confirms that there are actually a pair of high-chairs. "Thank you, ma'am." He looks about. "I did, uh, notice that your people seemed to like the kids. I'm just glad of it. Do they, y'know, have any of their own around...?" He hopes that isn't a strange question!

"Here, Sakura,"
    Adir steps forward. If there isn't a pair of obvious seats close to the Empress for the two adult fey, he'll just pick one and pull it out. "Go ahead and sit. I'll get our little warband comfortable," he turns and grins at his children, ears wiggling. "As soon as, um, Glaahr is back." Great name, really. In the mean time, he'll push Sakura's seat back in (provided she does in fact sit) and get the children who can eat on their own into some proper places.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin has to quietly consider that for a moment. Years of Nadas going to great lengths to hide his affliction and now he seems to have chosen to share it with every passing stranger. It lacked... compusure. Dignity. Truly disappointing.

"Nadas was born part demon. His mother was a succubus who seduced his father. As time goes on, he becomes more and more demon. Eventually they'll be nothing left of the drow and only demon will remain. I suppose you could call it a curse. Really it's more about his bloodline. Why are you concerned about it?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ilpholin has to quietly consider that for a moment. Years of Nadas going to great lengths to hide his affliction and now he seems to have chosen to share it with every passing stranger. It lacked... compusure. Dignity. Truly disappointing.

"Nadas was born part demon. His mother was a succubus who seduced his father. As time goes on, he becomes more and more demon. Eventually they'll be nothing left of the drow and only demon will remain. I suppose you could call it a curse. Really it's more about his bloodline. Why are you concerned about it?"
    "Nadas has been asking for help recently and I happened to overhear the conversation. I was wondering if that was a concern if yours, because Nadas asked for protection from you." Says Jacob.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Moth Park

The base of the tree is dry as bone and nearly as pale where the blackened bark has peeled away. The ancient watcher over the park is dead and silent, as hollow as empty promises and filled only with a sense of dread. The fear demon's influence stays back for now, and even though it knows that the party wishes to strike against it, it isn't quite sure how. For now, the shadowy influence stays back from the group, away from the painful sense of righteous valor, and bides its time as it watches and waits for its moment to disrupt their plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Moth Park

Zhareen touches the dead tree, and lets out a gasp. "Oh, this poor thing!" She exclaims. "This old watcher was once a thing of great power, but it was corrupted by evil deeds, so sad!" The merfolk laments. "Now its but a empty vessel, waiting to be filled by the demons essence."
    [Moth Park]

"Then let us empty it once more." Vax quips and walks a full circle around the tree. "I'll start with the circle." She wastes no more time before she starts to draw the intricate ritual circle.

"Greetings, Lady Sakura." The Empress inclines her head when she is introduced, but when Sakura asks her question she turns to a young handmaid next to her. She's another one of the elves and Adir will recognize her as the one that had undergone the ritual the last time he'd been here. She still seemed as cheery as ever though. She's wearing a particularly conservative dress, covering from neck to ankle with sleeves down to her wrists. Although no words are traded between her and The Empress, the latter turns back to Sakura while the handmaid departs. "Glaahr tells me that there are a few in storage. It will take a few minutes for her to find them, but find them she shall."

The armored woman sits up in her throne a little, leaning forward as she looks the family over. "It truly is wonderful that you have decided to visit, no matter the outcome of today. It has been far too long since many of those who are here have had occasion to smile." She explains before looking at Sakura herself. "It is an empty request as I do not believe you will be able to do it, but do not fear for them while they are here. The Godless, those like my handmaiden, are more likely to dote and spoil such than anything else."
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Empress' Estate - Frescots!]

Adir is certainly just as surprised as Sakura. He does beam when the Empress confirms that there are actually a pair of high-chairs. "Thank you, ma'am." He looks about. "I did, uh, notice that your people seemed to like the kids. I'm just glad of it. Do they, y'know, have any of their own around...?" He hopes that isn't a strange question!

"Here, Sakura,"
    Adir steps forward. If there isn't a pair of obvious seats close to the Empress for the two adult fey, he'll just pick one and pull it out. "Go ahead and sit. I'll get our little warband comfortable," he turns and grins at his children, ears wiggling. "As soon as, um, Glaahr is back." Great name, really. In the mean time, he'll push Sakura's seat back in (provided she does in fact sit) and get the children who can eat on their own into some proper places.
    [The Empress' Estate - The Frescots]

((Feel free to control the kids to any degree, Murkus. No need for just me to try and post for the whole gaggle. ))

"Oh, no not at all. I'm sure the kids will be just fine." Sakura wonders a bit at the Empress assuming her first reaction would be fear. Maybe it's just a different perspective...

Well anyway, sitting down and eating. She can do that if Adir's going to insist. "I can sit myself down you know." She teases in a low voice just meant for him. The other kids sit without much trouble. They're pretty keen on digging into that food after all! Sakura motions for Lucy to be seated next to her, so she can help the younger girl. Adir will know to handle Russell since he's here. The boy has proven to be an exclusive carnivore, and it's easier for Adir to take care of that if he's around.

Sakura's attention is mostly on the kids, though she looks around for something she'd enjoy. Just not meat... She inspects that melon the Empress mentioned as a likely candidate. The kids, however, aren't nearly as picky nor as patient. As soon as they're sitting they're reaching to grab food right from trays and eat it. Did anyone teach them manners? Only Gwydion has enough to put his food on a plate before he starts to eat.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's interesting to be sure, but not particularly concerning. Nadas is free to spend, or in this case, waste his money as he sees fit." Ilpholin runs a finger atop the chair as she considers if anything about the situation needs to change. "What do you stand to gain in all of this?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Tier

"I'm holding onto you like this because you're lying."
    The guard points out, still smiling but not letting her grip up. "My Goddess neither has a security detail, nor requires one." She says cheerfully. "Now, why don't you tell me the truth and we'll move from there, huh?" She asks. This time her smile turns into a broad grin and if Tier looks closely enough, he'll see that a couple of her front teeth are sharp and pointed.

Even so, her other hand doesn't move anywhere close to her weapons. The way her right arm was starting to bulge along her biceps though, perhaps she didn't need any...

Jezebel reaches into a pocket to pull out a small bag of silver and gold coins to toss to Hekta. It wasn't much for most people, but it was certainly more than enough to get a room for a few nights and plenty of hot food. Or clothes, or whatever Hekta really wanted to spend it on.

It'll all probably be spent on cake though.

"I need you to just go about what you usually do. I don't care what that is, really. During it however, I want you to pay attention and listen to any sort of rumors and gossip. Especially anything involving vampires or demons. Anything you find interesting, I want you to tell me when you get the chance." She explains.

The Empress' Estate - Sam

"Please, eat. Eat and drink to your hearts' content."
    The Empress' voice calls out from her throne when she sees the servants and Sam arrive. "You will have a few days to recover before your assignments, do not fear. Baths will be readied and rooms are already set aside." The woman says from behind her golden mask as she looks over the four. Her gaze lingers on the scrawny catgirl for a moment before she turns to face Sam. "You though. Approach, kneel, and tell me your name." Her tone leaves no room for argument.

The snow-melon is subtly sweet with a soft fleshy texture and a taste that's almost like a mixture of honey, snow, and an aftertaste of pine. Overall, it has a striped rind like a watermelon, but is shaped more like a honeydew. For the children, there's plenty of ham, venison, and pheasant for meat and buttered rolls and all sorts of more recognizable vegetables for sides(not that they're likely to eat them without prodding from their parents).

Glaahr returns with another Godless, a slightly older one wearing the fur armor and with a bronze axe on her back. She has scarring around her eyes, but she's smiling despite herself. The smile she and the handmaid share however turn slightly bitter and pained at Adir's question though they don't comment as they set the chairs up for the little ones.

"No, they do not. Not any longer."
    The Empress says, deciding to answer herself rather than making one of the elfish guards do so. "They have not been blessed with children for a long time, and likely never will again. The reasons are...difficult to explain though it could be said they journeyed elsewhere to have adventures of their own."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

The Empress' Estate- Sam

Sam's belly rumbles hungrily as they enter the hall with its feast, but he doesn't have any trouble turning away as he's called. He has quite a lot of experience ignoring food in front of him, of course.
    He walks over at what he feels is a respectful pace and kneels before the Impress, though he's not sure if he's got the pose right. This isn't the sort of thing he's done very often. Or, ever, really.
    "My name is Sam Bacon, your Highness." he says slowly, a small pause after "your" as he takes just a moment to decide on what title he's supposed to be using.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Tier

"I'm holding onto you like this because you're lying."
    The guard points out, still smiling but not letting her grip up. "My Goddess neither has a security detail, nor requires one." She says cheerfully. "Now, why don't you tell me the truth and we'll move from there, huh?" She asks. This time her smile turns into a broad grin and if Tier looks closely enough, he'll see that a couple of her front teeth are sharp and pointed.

Even so, her other hand doesn't move anywhere close to her weapons. The way her right arm was starting to bulge along her biceps though, perhaps she didn't need any...
    "What I told you is true. Well... technically its true. If you want to know the full truth, I came to find out the political platform of Jezebel." Tier clenches his fist. "Now, you can believe me or not, but either way, you are going to let go of my arm, or I'm going to splatter your head all over the ground. I don't care what the consequences, I don't care if this whole guard patrol comes to your aid, I will kill you." says Tier.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Tier

"Certainly!" The woman says cheerfully, still grinning but not yet letting go. "I'll even tell you anything you want about my Goddess Jezebel. Just tell me who you're working for first. You said mercenaries? I guess it makes sense to be interested in politics if you're in a group of them. I also need to know whether or not you're licensed. We're pretty well up in here, but no one wants an unsanctioned group fighting with MERC on their territory. If you're not, I'm going to have to ask that you leave in peace." She explains.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Tier

"Certainly!" The woman says cheerfully, still grinning but not yet letting go. "I'll even tell you anything you want about my Goddess Jezebel. Just tell me who you're working for first. You said mercenaries? I guess it makes sense to be interested in politics if you're in a group of them. I also need to know whether or not you're licensed. We're pretty well up in here, but no one wants an unsanctioned group fighting with MERC on their territory. If you're not, I'm going to have to ask that you leave in peace." She explains.
    "I'm with MERC. Is that alright with you?" Tier says, he sounds angrier. "I don't know why, nor do I care, but I need to find the political platforms of the candidates. I'm not being assigned to kill anyone, but I am allowed to kill anyone who gets in my way, and if you don't let go, you are getting in my way." Tier clenches his fist tighter.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Tier

"See? That wasn't so hard, was it?"
    Sarah asks as she lets go of the man's hand finally. As she does so, some thing wriggles under the flesh of her arm, settling down. It was as if a snake was living beneath the skin. It's only a brief moment but probably eye-catching. "So, tell me Mr. I-Have-A-License-To-Kill, what sort of questions do you have?" She asks, gesturing towards a pair of park benches across from each other at a small table. Unless stopped, she takes a seat and clearly expects him to sit in the opposite one. "The Goddess is busy, but I can most certainly answer any questions you might have. Within reason of course."

"You've done my a service, Sam." The Empress says bluntly. "Tell me, is there something I can do in order to return the debt?" She asks as she lifts her right hand from her throne's arm-rest in order to give a small and dismissive gesture. "Fear not for your situation. I am aware of the Broker's presence. What you wish for, shall be from myself, not her."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2016-12-13 at 09:34 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

The Empress' Estate

Sam is taken aback, and he has to stop and think about the list of things he's established he wants:
    - Continued schooling about his career (preferably free).
    - One Super Nintendo with a list of six very specific games.
    - A cat.
    He can't really ask an Empress for any of those things. Well, maybe he could but he really doesn't think pets are allowed in his apartment and a children's toy would probably be demeaning...
    He also realizes he's still wearing his hat and takes that off even though it's already too late to really mean anything.
    "Well, Your Highness, I'm just a cook by trade. Hope I'll be a full chef one day, but I'm quite well where I am, I think. I couldn't ask for money or a house or anything, and this isn't a cooking school, so, uh....if you keep taking people from Skyside, look for folks with my surname? I'm almost sure my whole family's dead, but..." he trails off, unsure on how to keep talking at this point.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"It's interesting to be sure, but not particularly concerning. Nadas is free to spend, or in this case, waste his money as he sees fit." Ilpholin runs a finger atop the chair as she considers if anything about the situation needs to change. "What do you stand to gain in all of this?"
    "Nadas currently got involved with me and my co-workers. I'm afraid now something needs to happen with Nadas. He says you were recently hunting him. Do you still want him dead?" Says Jacob.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Tier

"See? That wasn't so hard, was it?"
    Sarah asks as she lets go of the man's hand finally. As she does so, some thing wriggles under the flesh of her arm, settling down. It was as if a snake was living beneath the skin. It's only a brief moment but probably eye-catching. "So, tell me Mr. I-Have-A-License-To-Kill, what sort of questions do you have?" She asks, gesturing towards a pair of park benches across from each other at a small table. Unless stopped, she takes a seat and clearly expects him to sit in the opposite one. "The Goddess is busy, but I can most certainly answer any questions you might have. Within reason of course."
    Tier follows Sarah, with his SPAS 12 in hand. He says, "Simple, I just need to know her stance on the main political issues of this place. I'm new here, so I'm not sure what the hot topics are."

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

"I haven't been hunting him, otherwise he would never had the chance to hire protection. So no, I do not want him dead. To see him cured of the demon within would be nice though."

Ilpholin smiles and leans forward, pressing her arms in against her side. "So you're what? Part of some mercenary outfit? Do you and your co-workers have a name?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I haven't been hunting him, otherwise he would never had the chance to hire protection. So no, I do not want him dead. To see him cured of the demon within would be nice though."

Ilpholin smiles and leans forward, pressing her arms in against her side. "So you're what? Part of some mercenary outfit? Do you and your co-workers have a name?"
    "Multiple names and multiple groups, but I prefer to keep that to myself right now. Do you know of any way for this curse to be cured? If not I should probably grab my gear and head out." Says Jacob.
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2016-12-14 at 07:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

The Empress gives a small nod and a slow flick of her right hand. "It will be done. Should we hear anything involving the name Bacon, I will send a runner to you." She promises. "A description would greatly help the efforts, but that may come later. If you are inclined to give one, speak to one of my guards once you are done eating." She adds before gesturing that he may rise and go back to eating.

The Lotus Gardens - Tier

"You're going to have to be more specific, I'm afraid."
    Sarah admits, giving a small shrug and ignoring the gun. "In general, I can at least tell you that she seeks to unite Riverside, not just Eastside, through cooperation and by ending the policy of isolation that's given rise to so much fear." She explains. "She doesn't seek to turn the entire city into the Gardens though. This sort of place only works on a small scale."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2016-12-14 at 07:09 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens - Tier

"You're going to have to be more specific, I'm afraid."
    Sarah admits, giving a small shrug and ignoring the gun. "In general, I can at least tell you that she seeks to unite Riverside, not just Eastside, through cooperation and by ending the policy of isolation that's given rise to so much fear." She explains. "She doesn't seek to turn the entire city into the Gardens though. This sort of place only works on a small scale."
    Tier says "So what's her plan to unite Riverside? This isn't something you can just say you will do and will just happen."
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2016-12-14 at 08:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

The Empress' Estate- Sam

Sam bows his head and stands, taking his place at the table.
    He'll eat with gusto, having had only his packed rations for the day's trip, but the Empress or anyone else might notice that he eats slowly at first, only taking from dishes that are quite full, and only starting to really pick up and take foods once the former slaves have had their fill. The least he can do is make sure he doesn't take the last roll when they wanted it, after all they've been through.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin eyes Jacob for a moment as if deciding something. "I'm afraid I don't, sorry." She knows how to cure one classification of demon, but dragon bone would do little for Nadas, a completely different kind of demon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #296
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

((Feel free to control the kids to any degree, Murkus. No need for just me to try and post for the whole gaggle. ))

"Oh, no not at all. I'm sure the kids will be just fine." Sakura wonders a bit at the Empress assuming her first reaction would be fear. Maybe it's just a different perspective...

Well anyway, sitting down and eating. She can do that if Adir's going to insist. "I can sit myself down you know." She teases in a low voice just meant for him. The other kids sit without much trouble. They're pretty keen on digging into that food after all! Sakura motions for Lucy to be seated next to her, so she can help the younger girl. Adir will know to handle Russell since he's here. The boy has proven to be an exclusive carnivore, and it's easier for Adir to take care of that if he's around.

Sakura's attention is mostly on the kids, though she looks around for something she'd enjoy. Just not meat... She inspects that melon the Empress mentioned as a likely candidate. The kids, however, aren't nearly as picky nor as patient. As soon as they're sitting they're reaching to grab food right from trays and eat it. Did anyone teach them manners? Only Gwydion has enough to put his food on a plate before he starts to eat.

"You're just a wee dainty thing, and the chair looked very heavy,"
    Adir murmurs back, flashing her a sidelong grin as he seats himself amidst their brood. He sets about gently snatching at hands and at least trying to instruct the children on how to proceed! Though he's undoubtedly much less strict at their own dinner table.

The snow-melon is subtly sweet with a soft fleshy texture and a taste that's almost like a mixture of honey, snow, and an aftertaste of pine. Overall, it has a striped rind like a watermelon, but is shaped more like a honeydew. For the children, there's plenty of ham, venison, and pheasant for meat and buttered rolls and all sorts of more recognizable vegetables for sides(not that they're likely to eat them without prodding from their parents).

Glaahr returns with another Godless, a slightly older one wearing the fur armor and with a bronze axe on her back. She has scarring around her eyes, but she's smiling despite herself. The smile she and the handmaid share however turn slightly bitter and pained at Adir's question though they don't comment as they set the chairs up for the little ones.

"No, they do not. Not any longer."
    The Empress says, deciding to answer herself rather than making one of the elfish guards do so. "They have not been blessed with children for a long time, and likely never will again. The reasons are...difficult to explain though it could be said they journeyed elsewhere to have adventures of their own."

"Thank you,"
    he tells the elven guards. The Empress commands his attention again a moment later, and he mouths a little 'Oooh'. "I... see. Look, I'm sorry," he flicks a glance at the Godless. "Really. Um... Would ya like to know their names? The kids, I mean." He asks, perhaps of the whole room. He looks at the Empress and opens his hands. "Maybe the ladies could eat with us. Chatter a bit. Would that be okay?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ilpholin eyes Jacob for a moment as if deciding something. "I'm afraid I don't, sorry." She knows how to cure one classification of demon, but dragon bone would do little for Nadas, a completely different kind of demon.
    "Then what should be done?" Asks Jacob.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not sure I understand your question Mr. Rancor. Are you asking what you and your unnamed associates of your unnamed group should do about a protection job you only overheard about? If it were me, I would probably milk all the money out of Nadas that I could. Let him continue to pay you for his services until he's broke or you find a more lucrative job you wish to pursue," Ilpholin suggests.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I'm not sure I understand your question Mr. Rancor. Are you asking what you and your unnamed associates of your unnamed group should do about a protection job you only overheard about? If it were me, I would probably milk all the money out of Nadas that I could. Let him continue to pay you for his services until he's broke or you find a more lucrative job you wish to pursue," Ilpholin suggests.
    "Well, I guess that means I should get my stuff and go. Can I get my gear?" Says Jacob as he stands up and waits for an answer before turning around.
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2016-12-16 at 09:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin nods her head slightly. "Of course. You'll find your things right outside. Have a pleasant day."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast