New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 18

1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Xar'cha Residence]

"As it happens, I do find myself in charge." Not a position she sought, you know. "Of course, of course."

Sometimes in those relative, timeless minutes, Skye has relocated to be sitting on the couch, leaning forwards keenly.
    "The guy who handled the structural makeover, specifically."
    Skye takes the glass swiveled to her and tries a sip, and then judging it fine, a gulp.
    "The building looks better now, honest. But if this place suddenly gets a new candy coating, you know, that's your own problem. Between you and him. Is this a good hunting ground for demons, around here?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-09-03 at 03:06 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 18

[Side of the River]

The river bottom in the city is different from the wild. More garbage, piers, and murkier water. This is how Clao knows she has finally made it through the wilderness and back to some form of civilization. She had been in the wilds too long, living in the woods is no way for a Dhabh to live.

Dhabh a magically created race. Easily confused with golems, they are entirely made of cloth. They need to consume fibers to survive. And while there are natural fibers that she can live off of she had felt her sense of self slipping away. She had started becoming more bestial as she learned to hunt for the fur of animals. So back to a city where fiber and cloth are abundant.

She clings to a pier and works to form her body out of the clump of fabric she had been traveling as. Her head and body form quickly and she realizes just how much mass she has lost. She is going to have to be much smaller then she is used to. She foregoes making arms at all a simple round head covered with a hood would do for now. Short stump like legs help push her up to the shore. She peaks her head up, her glowing eyes scanning the shore to make sure there aren't too many people watching.

She eventually finds a quit dark piece of riverside and flops onto shore. She flattens out so that she will dry quicker and look less like a body. She dims her glowing eyes changing from white to blue, hoping to dry a bit before moving on.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Eastside Elections

Jezebel frowns at the thought of VIGIL being the debate moderator and she purses her lips. "That...might make things difficult, you know." She points out before Ariel squirms in her arms, reminding her that they needed to get home. "Right. Let's get out of the crowds before we continue." The Goddess says, heading towards the still under-construction manor. It was almost done now with the final touches being put on, but the two story building was quite a sight. It wasn't a castle like Cessie's home, but was instead a two-winged building connected by a central area. It was brick for now, but already there were signs that it was changing to marble like the rest of the Gardens.

The Lotus Gardens Riftline - Hekta

"Because whether you believe it or not, there are people who care about what happens to you."
    Jezebel tells Hekta, making no motion to get closer. "You are not the only street-rat here. Even I have spent years living off them though I admit you seem to have done a far better job of it." She admits with a shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Light's Heart]

Wenomir sighs and shakes his head. His patience for this is running thin. Well, thinner.

"Slow down. We need context. I'm sure this is all basic knowledge to you, but I've just heard a bunch of terms that tell me nothing."
    [Light's Heart]

"Yeah, you did that thing again where you assume everyone understands what you're saying." Daeva remarks snidely.

Tarim grunts in response, and then Ambrosia chimes in.

"I think you started to lose us when you mentioned 'ascendancy' without giving us any context for what it is." The scholar advises, trying to be helpful.

This only earns her a glare from Tarim. "Look, it is all very simple. The shiny, abstract golem-like creatures are the vessels. The guides, their demonic leaders, inhabit them. I need one of the vessels to figure out how to banish them. Is that clear enough for you?"

Hekta looks puzzles, so she lied about the goddess thing? Or is she claiming that she suddenly became a god? The second alternative was intriguing. "Hey, how did you become a god? Can anyone do that? Could I become one? I bet I'd make a great god."

"I would have objected it, but certain members have become really engaged in this so I'd hate to take it away from them. Besides, the idea is not that bad, you need people to ensure everything works out as it should. If this election is sound and fair, perhaps people will realize what benefits democracy can have. There are already a lot of people who are deeply invested in this." Cessie argues as she follows Jezebel.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

Ilpholin takes her own glass, but just nurses it in her hands for the moment. The sugar water tastes alright. Nothing special. She doesn't really have that touch around sugar. Heck, the only reason there was even any in the kitchen at all was because HALlelujah insists on it for the cake option.

So Skye was in charge of Southside, hmm? No apparent bodyguard. Got some good invisibility tech or some serious confidence. Guess you don't grab a district without confidence.

"The Nexus hosts a plethora of demons, yes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Wildside - Dusk

"Can you catch and relocate several hundred massive beasts so that the trees could be safely moved? If not, there's not much of value I could ask of you. Your honest company has been appreciated, though, which is more than I can say for most."
    Wildside - Dusk

"Pleased to be." Anika replies with a wide smile, though she still seem to be considering how she could repay the nymph. "But I could scare off intruders in one of my wildshapes, or if you fancy me, we could have some fun?" She still smiles, perhaps in a attempt to pass it off as a joke.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

[Light's Heart]

Wenomir nods.

"Considerably clearer, yes. We'll try to capture one of those, then. If we can."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #37

'Alright' is good enough to for Skye to drink. It's not encouraging that Ilpholin is barely sipping at hers, but confidence goes all the way from grabbing a district down to sharing a drink.

"And you'll bring that amount down, I'm sure. You plan on playing your taxes?"
    She tilts the half-emptied glass curiously towards the host.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Eastside Elections - Toby Druid]

Wenomir was about to bring up the hooded watcher, before Tobias dropped a truth bomb. His mouth opens, and his famous composure drops for a few moments. His eyes widen and he looks around frantically.

"You... that's... this could mean anything," he stammers out. "It could be a trick, or... that Aegris could be possessing her. Or her body. In either case... I must find them. But if they're in AMEN... that's a problem."

He seems to be getting a grip of himself.

Exactly, it could mean anything. Toby reaches out to squeeze Wenomir's shoulder. Bait in a trap, friend. Lies and tricks are all they have. You should ignore them, unless you have a way of bombing from a distance; start researching stand-off weapons I guess. No, I told you so you would be wary if you see someone who looks like her. Or someone who looks like me, for that matter.

[Lotus Gardens - A Letter]

Jezebel has mail! A brief little epistle, with Toby's name and Eastside return address right on the envelope. It requests, in polite and formal couched terms, an opportunity to schedule an appointment to discuss some of the things they both have to talk about. What those things are, exactly, goes unmentioned. You can never know who might be reading one's mail. A business card is included in the envelope, with a cell phone number penned on the back.

Toby Druid, MD, MB BS, BM BCh, Esq, PA, RN, MMS, MFS, BA, EMT-P, DD, JD, PhD, BAMF
    Medical Director
    Good League of Good
    [Work Phone]
    [Work Email]
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

"I wouldn't say it's all they have. They're doing quite well on the overwhelming numbers front," Wenomir points out. "Speaking of trickery, though. You did spot that hooded person watching us, I assume."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Xar'cha Residence

Ilpholin narrows her eyes slightly. So much for tact. Surely AMEN didn't pay taxes. But she wasn't AMEN. No, Skye was testing something else.

"Of course I'll pay income and sales tax. You planning to use our money for something beneficial in particular or just your pockets?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2016-09-06 at 03:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Bridge - Hostage Exchange]

Mia should try getting more mechanical citizens. They'd be easier to replace.
    The General, the guard and the former prisoner head back to the bridge and then walk along the river, towards the south.

[Xar'cha Residence]

"Yes, it was."
    "Not so much more. I am here to learn, after all. I try to keep some order in this district. Make it a respectable place again."

Skye tilts her head this way and that at the offer of a drink. Probably poisoned. Probably tastes questionable. But she didn't bring her own drink, and it might be rude to refuse hospitality.
    "Yes please. Sugar water, if you can manage it."
    "The last owner of this place was helping me. I would know why you are here."
    [Bridge - Hostage Exchange] -> [DMside]

Maybe, but then you don't have people to build them.

At Dmside Mia opens the gates. Inside are the acolytes that had hold the line during the siege. She describes in short words what happened and then shows them the contract. They read through it and discuss the terms. Most appear a bit unhappy with the non military Zone and they don't make a secret out of it. Mia is at least able to calm them down, even thought it seems they have 2 groupse inside Dmside. One that preferes peacy without violance and the others who think only military precense and force can keep the enemy away.

For now both sides are happy that the fights are over and they return to their work. The gates open soon after allowing the people who survived to return home. Since there are a lot free apartments new people can make themself a new home.

Mia leaves the area in the hands of her acolytes as she has something important to discuss in Virgil.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #42

Hm, yes. A bit on the nose, wouldn't you say? I mean, they weren't making an effort to blend in... As far as surveillance goes, I'd expect a three man team at the very least, with vehicle and magic support. But it's a bit too early for me to be under proper surveillance yet. He scratches his chin contemplatively. Typical Mysterious Figure (tm)... That's the thing about hoods, you know, a trade off between being noticed and being recognized. I can think of a few likely suspects, but what about you? Step on anyone's toes lately, who might have an interest in where you go and who you talk to?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir taps his chin.

"I haven't done a lot of toe-stepping in the recent past. Everyone I can think of who might have an interest in following my movements would do a better job than that."

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Xar'cha Residence

Ilpholin narrows her eyes slightly. So much for tact. Surely AMEN didn't pay taxes. But she wasn't AMEN. No, Skye was testing something else.

"Of course I'll pay income and sales tax. You planning to use our money for something beneficial in particular or just your pockets?"
    Tact is for the timid and unconfident.
    "Quite right. 'Property Tax' is a communist scheme that we don't need here."
    Skye drains her glass. Mmm. Can't beat sugar water.

"The first major budget item is the roads; they were literally ripped from the earth a few cataclysms ago and they've only really been repaired around here, the temples, and the bridges. There's a whole shelf of public works construction lined up, actually. Then there's financing the postal service, refitting the sewer system, not to mention recycling, the water plant, the transition from military to civil police, and of course research expenses."
    Of course. Where would they be without mad science?

"I'm glad you'll be doing your part. Is there anything the city can do for you specifically?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-09-06 at 01:33 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #45

Well then, it could be any number of things. Premature to draw conclusions without additional data. Now, an ambush... that would give them plenty to work with.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Streets]

After spending some time drying off Clao pulls herself up off the shore and quickly walks into the streets. It takes her a few minutes to stop herself from sticking to the shadows and always trying to hide. In the city she was taught to hide by blending in. Walk like you know where you are going even when you don't. She definitely doesn't know where she is going, so she wanders at random.

At first glance Clao looks like a small halfling or human child in a patchwork cloak with the hood up covering her face. But then there are the glowing eyes under the hood, a light blue. And the legs that end in stumps instead of feet. The patches in her cloak also seem to be made from mostly from grass, though there seems to be a bit of burlap and fur as well.

So yeah she stands out a bit if you pay attention. She just moves through the streets hoping no one pays her any attention. Still occasionally dripping from her swim in the river, she can't help but stop and stare at the occasional sight. She has never been in a city like this before.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

Hmph. It's hard to argue with someone being completely reasonable. Well maybe not that hard. More difficult to summon up the desire to. Ilpholin places her glass of sugar water back down on the tray. Skye can have hers if she wants.

She has to actually pause and think about that question though. Ilpholin never really considered what she might be able to get out of the city in return and had built this place with the idea of self-sufficiency and then some in mind. A moment of pondering goes into her reply. "Well, I would have to say that a census of inhabitants placed in public records would go a long way." Particularly if said census included each member's race. No need to say that out loud to someone as intelligent as Skye though. After all, we wouldn't want to be accused of something.

Flushing demons out is a lot of work. Why not have the public do some of the work for her?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

"I thought about following whoever that was, but I didn't bring my weapons with me," Wenomir says. "Although I suppose I could improvise."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post

Wildside - Lazy Afternoon

Lenai has the trees translate, and the bee-woman plucks at the strings as she considers the question, before tilting her head from side to side quickly, "She's intrigued by it, because she hasn't heard anything like it before. That's the motion for, "New thing, what is?" to them." Lenai sighs as she steps closer to the pair, circling around to stand behind the bee-woman.

"They are in a very infantile state of development right now, and I neither need nor appreciate your interest in them. When they have begun to think independently, perhaps then you can try to court one like you clearly wish to. For now, I would prefer it if you left."

Mathius purses his lips in thought over what the dryad was saying and he looks back over his shoulder at her for a moment before giving a nod. "I understand." He admits, and he truly did. Even so, he hesitates, looking down at his banjo before spinning it deftly in his well-practiced hands. He holds it out to the bee-girl and with another agile flick of his wrist, flips his hat to be on top of it. "Take good care of them and learn." He tells the woman. Assuming she eventually takes them, he backs off with a deep bow to both her and Lenai. "I would hold you to your word, but I do pray that it shan't take long for while the trees and world age slowly, my kind do not."

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Empress' Estate - The Stag]

Adir takes his Beretta and tucks it back in it's holster, snapping that shut before giving the Empress his full attention again. He listens to her full response, and considers carefully. The stag just about asks 'is that it?' Or perhaps, 'what does the ceremony entail?' Maybe even something smart, like 'what would my duties be?'

No, none of that. Never having to fear for his family's security and sustenance sounds like just about the best possible outcome he could have hoped for. His ears flick up against his head as he bows deeply. "Thank you, Empress. I'll be back later today."

And so it is. He departs, as slowly and respectfully as possible, then just about bolts toward home. Yes! Finally! Things were looking up.
    The Empress' Estate - The Stag

"Hold. We require a witness."
    The eldest of the elven women tells Adir as he starts to leave. At the request, two others shift to stand in front of the barred doors to make sure he doesn't try anything. The Empress doesn't shift in her throne at the display and simply gives Adir a nod before she makes a small flick with her fingers to tell him to stand near the wall. Should he do so, the group of elves steps forward with the eldest and youngest at the fore. "It has been many years, Aldraza. I remember being but a girl when you last graced my family's halls. I had not known what happened when The Ascendants stepped forth to seize power, but it seems they were far less kind to you and yours than I believed." The Empress admits, sounding slightly sorrowful.

As she speaks, each of the elves kneels before The Empress, laying weapons on the floor before them. "Their methods were cruel and born of blind rage, but we did not break even when our bodies had. Even so, we stand before you once more, proof that my tribe failed not just you, but our oaths to come to you in aid." She states matter-of-factly. "We are here to rekindle our oaths and swear, that we The Godless, wish to be within your embrace once more." The way she says the phrase, it sounds like a prayer or ritual more than just a statement and the Empress nods in response.

"Per your own customs, you know what sort of sacrifice this requires. If you have her prepared, I will abide them and become your Voice."

As she asks, the youngest elven woman, the one with the ragged scar from the nape of her neck to cross her torso, stands with her head bowed. "I am ready, My Mistress." She says, eyes closed. There's a slight tremble of fear, but everyone seems to ignore it including The Empress. "Then step forth, Glaahr. I remember you well." She muses, a hint of a smile coming to her voice. "I would even have called us friends when we were both children, but those times have long passed." She adds as she stands up from her throne, towering over the much smaller elven girl. "Step forth and I shall take your Voice and make it my own." She commands.

When Glaahr steps forward, The Empress kneels down to bring their faces level. This close, the young elven woman is unable to hide her fear as she's visibly trembling, but perhaps because of their friendship, The Empress ignores it and even seems to be gentle with her. Her massive armored hand lightly cups the elf's chin and holds her still as she leans forward. If it weren't for the metal mask over The Empress' face, it would look like she's actually about to kiss her, but before the metal lips could meet the ones of elven flesh, she pauses and takes a deep breath.

Glaahr's fists clench and she screws her eyes tight to keep from crying out. It is hard to see, but Adir's keen eyes are likely going to catch sight of a pink-tinged frost creeping through the air from Glaahr's mouth and into the slit of the Empress' mask. It seems that she's literally breathing something in. After several long seconds, the ritual stops and the elf collapses against The Empress, out cold. "I have accepted the voice of your people, Aldraza, and that of your grand-daughter. Her Voice has become my own and she shall serve as my handmaiden from now on. My Divinity shall protect you and your people, and should you find your oaths fulfilled you shall ascend from this place to the Golden Lands. So it has been witnessed." The Empress says, picking up the girl and carrying her gently. "Adir, you may go." She commands, and when she does so the doors open of their own accord.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [B]

Hekta looks puzzles, so she lied about the goddess thing? Or is she claiming that she suddenly became a god? The second alternative was intriguing. "Hey, how did you become a god? Can anyone do that? Could I become one? I bet I'd make a great god."

"I would have objected it, but certain members have become really engaged in this so I'd hate to take it away from them. Besides, the idea is not that bad, you need people to ensure everything works out as it should. If this election is sound and fair, perhaps people will realize what benefits democracy can have. There are already a lot of people who are deeply invested in this." Cessie argues as she follows Jezebel.

"That's not quite what I meant."
    Jezebel says as they get out of hearing range of anyone else. "I'm helping to back Vigil. Only yourself, Wenomir, and I know about it, but if that ever gets dug out then it could be seen as political corruption and favoritism." She explains.

The Lotus Gardens - Riftline

Jezebel can't help but give a laugh. "Perhaps you would make a great one, but it isn't something that is easy. Or even that fun. I only became what I am because of great tragedy. Why? Is power something you seek?" She asks, raising an eyebrow and watching her curiously.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [B]

[Lotus Gardens - A Letter]

Jezebel has mail! A brief little epistle, with Toby's name and Eastside return address right on the envelope. It requests, in polite and formal couched terms, an opportunity to schedule an appointment to discuss some of the things they both have to talk about. What those things are, exactly, goes unmentioned. You can never know who might be reading one's mail. A business card is included in the envelope, with a cell phone number penned on the back.

Toby Druid, MD, MB BS, BM BCh, Esq, PA, RN, MMS, MFS, BA, EMT-P, DD, JD, PhD, BAMF
    Medical Director
    Good League of Good
    [Work Phone]
    [Work Email]
    Lotus Gardens - A Letter

An email is sent back, short and simple, telling him that he may stop by whenever he wishes for a discussion. Jezebel would be welcoming any time.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2016-09-07 at 01:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Hmph. It's hard to argue with someone being completely reasonable. Well maybe not that hard. More difficult to summon up the desire to. Ilpholin places her glass of sugar water back down on the tray. Skye can have hers if she wants.

She has to actually pause and think about that question though. Ilpholin never really considered what she might be able to get out of the city in return and had built this place with the idea of self-sufficiency and then some in mind. A moment of pondering goes into her reply. "Well, I would have to say that a census of inhabitants placed in public records would go a long way." Particularly if said census included each member's race. No need to say that out loud to someone as intelligent as Skye though. After all, we wouldn't want to be accused of something.

Flushing demons out is a lot of work. Why not have the public do some of the work for her?
    You can finish your friends' drinks, but not the drinks of demon hunters you just met. Or anyone you just met, really.

Skye nods slowly.
    "That will take some time to complete. But I will remember it."
    If she's aware of all the concerns around a publicly viewable census listing, she doesn't voice them. Not to Ilpholin.

"That's all of today's business, so I thank you for your time and hospitality."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #51

The Lotus Gardens - Riftline

"I wouldn't be a boring goddess like you!" Hekta claims. "I'd do all sort of awesome, fun, stuff! I'd be known as the awesomest person, and god, ever! I'd have all the cake and shinies in the world!"

"Yes, it's one of my fears as well. I don't think you were a known candidate when Wenomir agreed to this idea however. Some miscommunication between me and him there. But if we're lucky, no one will find out. Our sponsors are supposed to have privacy after all." Cessie replies. "But to be safe, I probably shouldn't hang around you in public like this so often, which suits me just fine. I prefer talking to you in private anyway." She smiles.

[Light's Heart]

"So I've held up my end of the bargain then. Just hope that you won't have to use what I've given you soon. We've suspected a major incursion for some time now, the raids along seaside are signs of it."

Daeva crosses her arms over her chest. "Not to mention Sargon's arrival. One of their kings decided to visit the nexus, which are bad news for us, considering the forces he's likely bringing."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

"Of course." There are plenty of other leads to follow up on in the meanwhile.

Ilpholin moves to sit down on the couch next to Skye. "Then I take it you've left just a little time for pleasure?" She asks, voice dripping with sweet promise as she runs her finger along the fabric of the surprisingly small and seemingly shrinking space between them. "I mean you took time out of your busy schedule just to meet with little, unimportant me. The least I can do is make sure you don't leave with only the taste of sugar water in your mouth."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #53

Toby pulls back in shock and even a bit of horror, confirming with another look that Wenomir is truly unarmed. Are you mad? Have you gotten soft? Who doesn't carry a weapon in the Nexus? Hell, Wenomir, I'm a full caster who just gave a political speech in front of a health clinic and I still carry daggers and knives concealed on my person. What would you do if scantily clad drow priestesses burst up from the ground and started enslaving civilians with their whips? How can you stand the possibility of fighting off succubi intent on defiling your innocence without having your greatsword close to hand? Is being helpless before the dominating, sexy forces of evil truly that tempting?

[The Lotus Gardens - Toby Druid]

About a day after the email was received, Toby ventures into the Gardens wearing his best bespoke suit. He almost looks the very picture of a young, charismatic politician. Yet he can't quite keep the wariness out of his body language, as if he thinks he could be walking into a trap.

24. - Top - End - #54

"That's not really in the schedule; as you said I'm very busy."
    Nevertheless, Skye makes no moves to stand and she turns her head to follow Ilpholin as she sits down. What is the demon hunter planning with this?

"If you were unimportant, I wouldn't have bothered meeting with you."
    Unimportant people would probably have been turned into candy; that's the way this works.
    Ilpholin is trying to be tempting right now, isn't she? Or threatening. The general isn't quite sure one way or the other. What's certain is that she's underestimating sugar water.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-09-08 at 10:56 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir's face assumes that blank look it usually does when he has no idea what to say.

"I understand your point, if not the examples you chose to illustrate it," he remarks. "I like to think I could fight off a sultry drow, demon, or drow demon bare-handed without being tempted, but let's not delve into this. If you've got knives, give me a couple. I can make do with them if I have to."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Xar'cha Residence

Ilpholin sighs a little. "Why are the powerful ones always so cold?" Leaning back with a slight arc to her chest, she puts a finger to her chin in thought. "If you want, we can play a game in which we see how long you can remain... stoic."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #57
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Empress' Estate - The Stag]

There are times in Adir's life he regrets having eyes so keen. He doesn't argue when the strange women bar his way, and he stands aside just as requested. The ritual witnessed... worries him, to say the least, but he can only guess at it's outcome. Was her soul devoured? Her tongue, frozen and inhaled? He wasn't going to ask.

The stag inclines his head to the Empress and slips out without a word of comment.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Wildside - Dusk

"Pleased to be." Anika replies with a wide smile, though she still seem to be considering how she could repay the nymph. "But I could scare off intruders in one of my wildshapes, or if you fancy me, we could have some fun?" She still smiles, perhaps in a attempt to pass it off as a joke.
    Wildside - Dusk

A genuinely amused giggle is swiftly covered by another mouthful of proto-mead, the gesture devolving into a snort as she cannot completely suppress her amusement, "It is not often I get propositioned after someone looks past the dirt I find myself habitually covered with. And entirely apart from that, most people are far too intimidated. But I suppose it is rather druidic of you to attempt to establish your relationship to nature." The entendre is so heavily implied, Lenai actually drawls as she says it.

"Very well. It has been a while since I've had the chance to indulge with anyone but a satyr who's eyes were too big for his masculine ego." Intended as a joke or not, Lenai seems to be amenable to the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post

Mathius purses his lips in thought over what the dryad was saying and he looks back over his shoulder at her for a moment before giving a nod. "I understand." He admits, and he truly did. Even so, he hesitates, looking down at his banjo before spinning it deftly in his well-practiced hands. He holds it out to the bee-girl and with another agile flick of his wrist, flips his hat to be on top of it. "Take good care of them and learn." He tells the woman. Assuming she eventually takes them, he backs off with a deep bow to both her and Lenai. "I would hold you to your word, but I do pray that it shan't take long for while the trees and world age slowly, my kind do not."

Lenai waves him off with an amused sigh, "Oh begone you sly devil, no more gifts for them lest you soften my cold, wooden heart. Perhaps if you're so worried about your old and infirm self, you can tell one of your grandchildren to woo one of them, when the time comes. For now, you at least have my blessing to go in peace until and unless I send for you."

The bee woman merely looks confused, turning the instrument over in her hands and letting the hat fall as all of her interest is on the banjo. She holds it back out to him questioningly, her head again tilting from side to side.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

29. - Top - End - #59

[Xar'cha Residence]

An easily misunderstood choice of words, as it happens.
    Skye lifts a hand to clasp around Ilpholin's, tugging that finger away from her chin - the General's skin isn't quite the temperature of ice, but one could be forgiven for making the comparison; it's very close. "Why is a rather sad story. I wouldn't trouble someone with it on first meeting."

Then with a smile and little shake of the head, she answers, "That sounds like it would be a poor game. If we're to play, we ought to enjoy it."

[Phone Call - Nadia's Office]

"That sounds just fine. Would you like to come out to our current office, or meet somewhere more convenient to you? You may wish to visit the proposed site either way. It's at <address, followed by description>"
    Although an address may not be the most helpful, given the lack of maps and adequate street signs in Southside.
    It would have been more strange if Nadia had agreed without knowing details.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-09-09 at 11:14 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

[Light's Heart]

Wenomir shakes his head, then shrugs.

"When they come, we'll meet us as best we can. Thank you for your information. We'll arrange for our end of the deal as soon as possible."