New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 18

1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 18

[Xar'Cha Residence]

The Mysterious Figure shakes her head in response. No food. Either further proof that she's a robot, or maybe it's just because her mask doesn't seem to have a mouth hole. Seems like a pretty serious oversight.
    "An answer to my question would be nicer." She says, her staticky robot voice crackling with amusement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

"I don't know what to tell you. It's my passion. It's my profession. It needs to be done. It's what I came here to do. Killing demons and cleansing their corruption ought to be motivation in and of itself." Who wouldn't want to?

She sits down in a chair. "My turn." So many good questions. Who are you? Why do you care? What are you? "How do you breathe with that thing on your face? Like, does the air come in and out through the one eye hole? The mask seems stifling enough, but I'm not sure I could handle air flow constantly hitting my eye." Or I guess that could be the most pressing question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Residence]

In answer, the figure raises her ungloved hand to push the side of her hood a tiny fraction, and turns to reveal the side of her mask, resting against a tiny sliver of pale skin. While the mask seems tightly attached to her face by some method unrevealed, the front of it would actually be hovering a little ways off her face, not resting against it, and ventilation slits along the side of the mask provide plenty of opportunity for air flow. Makes sense - she'd need a place to fit her voice modulator, after all - assuming that she does talk like a regular person under there, and doesn't just naturally have robot voice. In general, the get-up doesn't seem quite high-tech and shiny enough to scream 'hyper-advanced-Sith-super-assassin' or 'ultra-professional-mega-corp-spy' but is clearly several steps above 'basement-dwelling-anarchist'.

She pulls her head forward again after a moment and resumes her end of the questioning, seemingly accepting the back-and-forth that Ilpholin has offered, though the figure's end of the conversation seems to be a little bit more substantive and serious for the moment.

"Were you this passionate about it when you were a demon? Or when you kept one by your side constantly as the leader of AMEN? Or is this one of those newly discovered passions?" The figure's tone remains light and conversational, despite the seemingly harsh questions being thrown out. Her tone frames merely idle curiosities, even as her word choice pulls them into accusatory territory.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Driving into Town]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

[Outside]

Kate's quiet a moment, lost in thought.

"It's located in Eastside, one of the districts of Riverside.", she finally answers. "Riverside is accessible by road from Inside; just progress to one of the city exits and follow the signs. I can give you more detailed directions from there."

It's a funny thing. Kate's never been in a car before. Never really had occasion to. Strange, innit?

I guess a lot of people in this world don't get around in cars. So many different ways of getting around, why would people chose boring old cars. Like this beat up old truck with a camper driving up to the city. Not many would choose to drive this car, not even Mick, but it gets you from point a to point b.

He follows Kate's directions towards her apartment.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Eastside - Driving into Town]

There's nothing wrong with driving places, really. Kate's just never really had the occasion to be in one. Back in Taelarys, Carriages were the most typical method of transportation through the streets. On the Aeternus, it was a colony ship. There were airspeeder highways, but she usually just walked places and took the lifts instead. On Earth-DXIW, there were certainly cars but she avoided the streets as much as she could. Really, the only time she could have safely taken a car somewhere was here in the Nexus, and she usually preferred to walk, though she had teleported a few times while working with Dr. Harald (who had, incidentally, proven to be a terrible employer before up and dying before she even got her first paycheck).

Kate sadly doesn't have quite the situational awareness that she would have had in her human body, but fortunately she remembers the approximate layout of the streets enough to give directions. Eastside is a lot more ontologically stable than Inside, that's for sure. And she hasn't been gone that long, not really. Just a few years. It's not long until she points out (or mentions the name of, rather) an apartment complex, an old-looking building surrounded by newer construction. One which, thankfully, does not appear to have an armed squad of Templar agents outside or anything like that. There are a few questionable-looking people hanging around that might be looking for someone to rob, but they'd be pretty dumb to attack the guy carrying a weird futuristic-looking energy weapon.

Unless they're wizard gangsters or something, I guess. Probably not, though.

"Hm. This is the place. My living space is on the third floor. I own the apartment, so fortunately I don't need to worry about keeping up with back rent."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

Huh. Well it'd have been slightly amusing to breathe through the eye. Alas.

"No, no, yes." No point in denying it really. "To be frank, I underestimated their threat. I considered someone being a demon to be trifling and generally unimportant for my day to day business. I've since learned from that mistake." Learning is half the battle.

Ilpholin taps her foot as she thinks up a third question to add to the two she had ready. Since stranger asked three. But so many of her follow up questions depend on the answer to the first two! "Who are you? Why do you care? Annnnnd... Are you a demon?" It'd be a decent reason to hide one's face beyond anonymity or deformity. Though she honestly doubts that the stranger is a demon, the nymph might as well check to see if the silver tray she placed down earlier with the sugar water is glowing beyond its usual lustrous sheen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post

Wildside - Lazy Afternoon

He'll find himself perhaps uncomfortably close to her thorax and stinger, but she does not raise them as he approaches, instead raising her arms to let him slip his under hers instinctively, reacting to his movements and moving in synch with him. Lenai looks on, studying the motions with a mix of intrigue and irritation.

"They are a very tactile race, and they use their antenna to read how others move nearby. If she did not want you to, there is no way you could touch her." Her lips purse in a half-grimace, "I believe I have already asked you once to leave for now, young man."
    Wildside - Lazy Afternoon

As distracted and focused as the Bunny is, he doesn't even notice the stinger until he nearly pokes himself on it when Lenai speaks up again. "Ah, so sorry, My Lady. I just believed it best if my gifts were usable rather than merely tossed aside in frustration." He explains as he carefully extricates himself from the Bee-Woman and steps back. "I will be on my way, but I shall return." He promises, giving the pair a bow. As he does so, he reaches up to sweep his hat from his head only to remember he had put it on the other woman. "Farewell."

With that, he departs, taking his merry time as he looks at plants and flowers and any other number of creatures both floral and faun.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Eastside - Kate's Apartment]

[Eastside - Driving into Town]

There's nothing wrong with driving places, really. Kate's just never really had the occasion to be in one. Back in Taelarys, Carriages were the most typical method of transportation through the streets. On the Aeternus, it was a colony ship. There were airspeeder highways, but she usually just walked places and took the lifts instead. On Earth-DXIW, there were certainly cars but she avoided the streets as much as she could. Really, the only time she could have safely taken a car somewhere was here in the Nexus, and she usually preferred to walk, though she had teleported a few times while working with Dr. Harald (who had, incidentally, proven to be a terrible employer before up and dying before she even got her first paycheck).

Kate sadly doesn't have quite the situational awareness that she would have had in her human body, but fortunately she remembers the approximate layout of the streets enough to give directions. Eastside is a lot more ontologically stable than Inside, that's for sure. And she hasn't been gone that long, not really. Just a few years. It's not long until she points out (or mentions the name of, rather) an apartment complex, an old-looking building surrounded by newer construction. One which, thankfully, does not appear to have an armed squad of Templar agents outside or anything like that. There are a few questionable-looking people hanging around that might be looking for someone to rob, but they'd be pretty dumb to attack the guy carrying a weird futuristic-looking energy weapon.

Unless they're wizard gangsters or something, I guess. Probably not, though.

"Hm. This is the place. My living space is on the third floor. I own the apartment, so fortunately I don't need to worry about keeping up with back rent."
    Someone climbing out of a pick up truck like Mick's is rarely the target of theft. His clothes are in good enough conditions, plain blue jeans and a cotton t-shirt with some band on it. He doesn't even really worry about it. "Nice, so do I need any keys or a code of some sort?" He asks before making any move to climb out of the truck.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Xar'cha Residence]

Huh. Well it'd have been slightly amusing to breathe through the eye. Alas.

"No, no, yes." No point in denying it really. "To be frank, I underestimated their threat. I considered someone being a demon to be trifling and generally unimportant for my day to day business. I've since learned from that mistake." Learning is half the battle.

Ilpholin taps her foot as she thinks up a third question to add to the two she had ready. Since stranger asked three. But so many of her follow up questions depend on the answer to the first two! "Who are you? Why do you care? Annnnnd... Are you a demon?" It'd be a decent reason to hide one's face beyond anonymity or deformity. Though she honestly doubts that the stranger is a demon, the nymph might as well check to see if the silver tray she placed down earlier with the sugar water is glowing beyond its usual lustrous sheen.
    [Xar'cha Residence]

"A curious citizen. You can call me Vedette, if you want. I'm no demon, but I do make it my business to know things. Especially about former invaders of this city." The mysterious figure Vedette tilts her head. "You're an interesting person, Ilpholin Xar'cha. And hard to get a read on. Why return here, of all places?"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Moth Park

When the twig is snapped and those under the illusion knocked unconscious, they find themselves able to breathe once more. Light filters down from above as well as the dark embrace wrapped around them all is forced back for a small area around the party. The shadows around them swirl, seemingly angry at their disruption before they begin to slink back towards Vax and her companions. She has a few moments of peace to do what she wish, so she best make them count.

The Lotus Gardens - Riftline

Jezebel gives a loud laugh. "A goddess of revelry and celebration. I'm certain you'd make a fine one and definitely not boring." She says with a grin before shaking her head. Sometimes speaking to someone like Hekta was all she needed to bring a bit of mirth back to her world. "I stole this power for myself in a way." She explains, sounding more serious. "It has marked me and even now the being I stole this power from hunts me and haunts me. You could try stealing such power for yourself, but there could be other ways. You merely just have to go and search for it."

The Lotus Gardens - Eastside Election

Jezebel gives a solemn nod, looking serious despite the obvious opening for a comment about being alone with her. "Perhaps, but even so I will need to tread lightly." She explains as she shifts Ariel in her arms to put her on her shoulder instead. "It would be best if you did inform him for certain before the debates happened though. I won't be contacting him for a while now because of this. I personally do not think it would be distasteful for Eastside to be aligned with Vigil, but you never know for certain what the populace might think."
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Wildside - Dusk

"I'm afraid I'm slightly more of a traditionalist than that. Come here." Without waiting for compliance, Lenai will step up to the druid and attempt to wrap her arms around Anika's slender shoulders and pull her in for a long, soul-searing kiss.
    Moth Park

Zhareen coughs as the guards quickly get up, not showing any signs of nervousness. They couldn't allow themselves to, their professionalism was all they had with the complete lack of magical powers. They didn't want to seem more useless than they really were. They are on the look out for enemies, even if they're not really sure what just happened. The dim would likely explain...

*cough* "Thanks, love. Should have ta-taken precautions to this." She tells Vax as she slowly gets up, eager to lean against her wife for just a moment as she recovered. That had been uncomfortable to say at least.

The young demon grins as Jezebel laughs. "So you're a thief, huh?" She asks with a giggle. "I could figure it out of my own, but how'd you steal those god powers? Did you eat their heart or something?"

Cessie nods. "Indeed. But speaking of VIGIL, there was a thing I need to ask you. I've been asked to attend to a party in Skyside on VIGIL's behalf and I'd rather not go there alone. Since I know neither Arik or Sakura would enjoy such a event I figured that I might ask you to come. It's being organized by a Skyside based company called Brightstar which, considering it's based in sky side, is probably bad news. We've been told that it would be to our advantage to attend the event however it wouldn't hurt to know a bit more about possible new threats." She explains.

Wildside - Dusk

Wow, for someone who complained about not getting enough, Lenai sure knew how to kiss. Feeling instinct taking over, Anika attempts to return the kiss to the best of her ability as she wraps her arms around the nymph...

But I guess the curtain should be pulled here.
    Anika will simply have to keep up with a demigod.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

Someone climbing out of a pick up truck like Mick's is rarely the target of theft. His clothes are in good enough conditions, plain blue jeans and a cotton t-shirt with some band on it. He doesn't even really worry about it. "Nice, so do I need any keys or a code of some sort?" He asks before making any move to climb out of the truck.

Indeed. The random sketchy youths don't even give Mick a second look as he approaches the building; he may notice, upon closer inspection, that they're all carrying wands! Apparently they're Wizard gangsters after all. They probably prefer robbing people with magical loot. Once they're in the building (which doesn't appear to have a front desk or anything; what kind of apartment complex is this?), Kate chimes in again as Mick presumably finds the stairwell and heads toward the third floor.

"Voice-specific command word. I built a Homunculus in the main room that opens the deadbolt when ordered to in my voice."

Simple enough. She points out a room number and gives the command when they reach the place, and there's a click as the deadbolt on the door opens. It's an unassuming door, really. One wouldn't even know there was one of those improbably-productive fantasy engineers living here if they didn't know any better. Though admittedly it clearly hasn't been touched in a while; there are actual cobwebs in the cracks of the door.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mick doesn't look to be very magical at all, so yeah he would probably be safe. He does briefly see their wands and almost goes over to strike up a conversation, but better to do that when you don't have a killer laser gun on your shoulder. Or is it the other way around, he could never keep that straight.

Mick wonders how easy it would be to spoof the security system. As simple as a tape recorder maybe. A brief thought as he wanders up to the third floor. Once the door unlocks he opens it up and steps inside.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Xar'cha Residence]

"A curious citizen. You can call me Vedette, if you want. I'm no demon, but I do make it my business to know things. Especially about former invaders of this city." The mysterious figure Vedette tilts her head. "You're an interesting person, Ilpholin Xar'cha. And hard to get a read on. Why return here, of all places?"
    [Xar'cha Residence]

"Hmm. Yes, sorry about that Vedette. Just part of the mission."

Ilpholin frowns contemplatively. The person wearing a mask and using a probable pseudonym finds her hard to get a read on. She supposes she should take it as a compliment, but it just leaves her feeling uncomfortable. "Where else? Watchtower smothers its own effectiveness with politics and my desire to return there to see if that's changed is understandably small. Delmah Phor would be twice as bad. Returning to AMEN runs contrary to everything I worked for. I mean I guess I could try to crash on Vasquez' couch or something equally audacious, but this just seemed far more logical."

"Which part of Riverside do you live in?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'char Residence]

"You could have gone underground." Vedette says. "Or at least blended in. Found an inexpensive property in Eastside and created your business there. You obviously don't lack in resources, if the security you've established here is any indication. No one would have scrutinized it. Instead you decided to come back to the place most visibly connected to your time at AMEN's head. Audacious and attention grabbing." She continues, throwing Ilpholin's words back at her. "Sith lords have no interest in demon hunters."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-09-23 at 12:33 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

"Sneaking about underground and using masks are for people who have something to hide. I'm aware hunting demons will make enemies of those in league with such beasts and am in need of better security than some dilapidated apartment in Eastside. You'll note the places I considered are substantially more fortified than the options you just presented." Ilpholin stands, stretching slightly. "To which point you've sorely misunderstood my resource capabilities. I can get this place prepared for the inevitable retaliation because of the groundwork I laid here. The back doors I left. Not because of some massive amount of liquid assets I have lying around. Practicality is the only answer here and if you believe otherwise, then I think I've come to understand exactly why you have trouble getting a read on me."

She motions at this point at the front door. "I honestly can say I know little about Sith Lords or why you'd bring them up. I do know, however, that you didn't answer my last question so I guess this little exercise is over."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

Vedette stands, mirrors Ilpholin's stretch, and turns around to leave. What reaction she had to their interview suddenly cutting short is not apparent. Masks are convenient like that. Before she goes though she'll hand out a parting bit of advice.

"Watchtower call themselves VIGIL now, by the way. Stay in Riverside long enough and I'm sure you'll get the chance to make their acquaintance. They've been all over the city recently, so I certainly intend to."

And then she'll be gone.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-09-23 at 11:05 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Eastside Elections - Speechmaking Park]

It's time for a speech.

Amyria sweeps in flight up to the podium, scores of tiny little dragons swirling around and coalescing into the Mayor people know and probably feel some kind of way about.

"My fellow Citizens! Your wait is over. Those who voted for me, those who voted against me, and those who are turnnig out to the polls for the first time this year, thank you all for coming. This is what makes Eastside great, that we welcome all people and the people lead, that all of us choose the best candidate to carry out the will of the people. When I took this position from honored Mayor O'Donnail, there was no fighting, no sweeping changes. This will mark the third set of peaceful democratic elections in Eastside. Where else can you find a place like this, a peace like this?"

The incumbent leans forward, conversational, and helping to play down their height.

"I'm not here to tell you what I want for the city. If you haven't seen in the past few years, just walk down to the riverside we've made. I am here to listen to what every one of you wants for this city, and make it happen. Eastside has come a long way, and, well, we all know it still has a long way to go. But we are on that path, and I know you'll choose for the city to keep healing, growing, and improving. So if you're hear to see my vision, if you're here looking for a savior, you can go now. No mayor, even me, is going to solve your problems. Keep the city free, keep the people safe, give each of you a chance. That's what we do."

"I'm not going to tell you what's wrong with the world, what's wrong with the city, what's wrong with me that I swear I'm going to change. I'm here on this stage because I was the best politician in the land, and I'm here in Eastside because it's the best damn city in the world. That was true when I came here years ago, and it's more true than ever today. And each of us, every one of you, are what made Eastside so great. I know you're going to keep making it better. I know you won't turn your back on the strength, the independence, and the acceptance that have brought us so far."

"I am honored to have served the city, and I hope you let me continue to do so."
    "Thank you."

And ends with a bow, crossing the usual performant flourish with a little bit of solemn respect.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

Mick doesn't look to be very magical at all, so yeah he would probably be safe. He does briefly see their wands and almost goes over to strike up a conversation, but better to do that when you don't have a killer laser gun on your shoulder. Or is it the other way around, he could never keep that straight.

Mick wonders how easy it would be to spoof the security system. As simple as a tape recorder maybe. A brief thought as he wanders up to the third floor. Once the door unlocks he opens it up and steps inside.

Maybe the tape recorder would work to get the door open...though that's not the only security feature. As the door opens, Kate mumbles something else involving far too many coded numbers and greek letters.

The doorway opened into an almost normal-looking apartment, with a short hall (with a side door leading to a bathroom) opening into a sparsely-furnished living room, only a couch, a table, and a few chairs present. That said, the appearance of normality is somewhat hampered by the mess. Not even a normal mess; while one might expect an apartment like this to be littered with empty pizza boxes and discarded clothes, it looks like someone gave a robot a dose of ipecac in here. There are half-finished projects all over the place. There are more two more doorways located on the far side of the main room, presumably leading to a bedroom and kitchen.

There is also an odd metallic humanoid that is nevertheless clearly not human standing to the right side of the door, along with two more such things with heavier armored plates and oversized slamming fists; these two are slumped upon the ground, apparently lifeless. The one to the right of the door stares meaninglessly into the wall with eyes like tiny flashlights, standing completely still and making no sound aside from the soft hisses of steam that occasionally escape from between its brassy metallic parts.

"The Guardians appear to have run out of fuel.", Kate says matter-of-factly. "Using the command to disarm them was unnecessary then. But yes, this is where I live, or did. It is more dilapidated than I recall." That's not the word I'd use, but hey.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

"I'll probably meet them sooner than that." Unless Cessie, Wenomir, and KR aren't in Wa- Vigil anymore by the time she goes to visit them. Possible. A lot can change in two years. "Good day."

Ilpholin will see Vedette out before returning inside. While the idea of a nymph as pretty as she is and her giant dire mechanical spider blending in did seem a bit far fetched to Ilpholin, it did get her thinking and it wouldn't be a bad idea to lay out a few safe houses across the cities that they can duck into if need be. At least check out the idea before getting started too heavy with the demon slaying. Might be a tad expensive though. And no one who has shown up yet wanted to hire her. Well no need to rush things too much. The paint on the outside wasn't even done yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maybe the tape recorder would work to get the door open...though that's not the only security feature. As the door opens, Kate mumbles something else involving far too many coded numbers and greek letters.

The doorway opened into an almost normal-looking apartment, with a short hall (with a side door leading to a bathroom) opening into a sparsely-furnished living room, only a couch, a table, and a few chairs present. That said, the appearance of normality is somewhat hampered by the mess. Not even a normal mess; while one might expect an apartment like this to be littered with empty pizza boxes and discarded clothes, it looks like someone gave a robot a dose of ipecac in here. There are half-finished projects all over the place. There are more two more doorways located on the far side of the main room, presumably leading to a bedroom and kitchen.

There is also an odd metallic humanoid that is nevertheless clearly not human standing to the right side of the door, along with two more such things with heavier armored plates and oversized slamming fists; these two are slumped upon the ground, apparently lifeless. The one to the right of the door stares meaninglessly into the wall with eyes like tiny flashlights, standing completely still and making no sound aside from the soft hisses of steam that occasionally escape from between its brassy metallic parts.

"The Guardians appear to have run out of fuel.", Kate says matter-of-factly. "Using the command to disarm them was unnecessary then. But yes, this is where I live, or did. It is more dilapidated than I recall." That's not the word I'd use, but hey.
    Mick takes a step closer to the one robot still standing taking a closer look at it before moving into the apartment. He grins as he scans all the half finished projects and all the parts laying around. "Dilapidated? Cozy I would say, seems to be in good shape for, how many years did you say you have been gone?"

He has lived in dilapidated places, even a dilapidated spaceship which wasn't much fun. He carefully steps around the room peering out any windows available.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I dunno if cozy is the word I'd use either. The walls aren't even painted (though there's a sheen on them suggesting some serious waterproofing), and (aside from the couch) nothing appears to be cushioned or decorated in the slightest.

The machine is human in shape, though no one would mistake it for one. Eyes like flashlights, an unmoving "mouth" made from a set of steam tubes, tiny whistles, and similar devices to manipulate the flow of air in just the right ways. Up close, it's a masterwork of technology, though there is just one unnerving detail: Through one of the gaps between the odd brassy metal and the gears underneath, it's possible to make out a glass sphere located in the machine's chest, containing what appears to be an organic brain suspended in cloudy fluid. (It looks a little like this, though without the green clouds or hoses.) It does not react to Mick's closer inspection, though it follows him with those flashlight-like eyes.

Kate seems oblivious. "I do not know, precisely. Time is unstable in the Nexus due to the machinations of deadtime and relative progressions of events between places vary significantly. Some individuals are more aware of this than others. I am intellectually aware and am certain I have spent at least some time in deadtime-related stasis, but have no memory or recollection of doing so, nor can I identify any specific instances where time seems to have moved on without me for a period. I stopped trying to keep a calendar soon after my arrival. It has a peculiar way of losing its place." Well, that got meta in a hurry.

There are a pair of windows located on one of the walls of the living room, giving a view of the front of the building. The wizard gangsters are still down there, though they don't appear to have moved much. Probably because they're more backdrops than they are characters.

"I must once more apologize for the mess. I usually try to constrain incomplete projects to the worktable in my room; it appears that many of the samples I sent back here for safekeeping landed in the main room rather than the intended destination."

There really are a lot of odd little inventions here. Most of them seem to be based on a 'steampunk' aesthetic, but some of the newer ones are made with shinier, ultramodern pieces and a few appear distinctly mystical. Like that pile of scrolls with glowing writing over there. Those look pretty magical.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

The whole deadtime spiel seems to go over Mick's head. Or maybe he is distracted by poking around the experiments. He barely understands any of what he is seeing. He doesn't poke or prod anything not wanting to disturb. Just leans in and examines each carefully as he passes them by. "Don't worry about the mess. It sure looks like you deal in all sorts of stuff." He says as he starts to notice the magic scrolls. He doesn't examine these nearly as closely. Sure he glances at them, but moves on pretty quickly.

"So I think you had some ideas on getting you out of that gun and into something here?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Yes.", Kate answers quickly. "The Homunculus at the door is an ideal candidate. Already functional, should only require interfacing. And it has fingers." Unlike the guardians that are out of fuel; those have crushing fists. They're there to subdue intruders, not to perform fine manipulations like opening a deadbolt. "I sent back a sample or two of the interfacing device we used in the gun, which is likely lying in this mess somewhere. I could walk you through attaching such a thing to the Homunculus."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright then lets get to work. Don't worry I am not a total moron when it comes to things technological." He takes the gun to help Kate get a better view and will start to try and look find what they need in the pile. He is pretty well versed in most things mechanical and has a decent understanding of electronics so it shouldn't be too hard to get this set up.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

[Light's Heart]

Wenomir nods, and sighs.

"Apparently, yes. I suppose I shouldn't complain. More factions means more possibility for us to play them to our advantage. Even if I hate doing that."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    st a moment as she recovered. That had been uncomfortable to say at least.

The young demon grins as Jezebel laughs. "So you're a thief, huh?" She asks with a giggle. "I could figure it out of my own, but how'd you steal those god powers? Did you eat their heart or something?"

Cessie nods. "Indeed. But speaking of VIGIL, there was a thing I need to ask you. I've been asked to attend to a party in Skyside on VIGIL's behalf and I'd rather not go there alone. Since I know neither Arik or Sakura would enjoy such a event I figured that I might ask you to come. It's being organized by a Skyside based company called Brightstar which, considering it's based in sky side, is probably bad news. We've been told that it would be to our advantage to attend the event however it wouldn't hurt to know a bit more about possible new threats." She explains.

"Nope, I took it from his back pocket while he wasn't looking."
    Jezebel says before shaking her head. "I had been a...priestess of the god first." She explains, choosing to make the story a little easier to understand. "When the god failed to protect the people I needed him to, I took the power he had granted me for myself instead. Oh, I have no illusions that he still wants my soul, but for now I have all that power and more at my disposal."

The Lotus Gardens - Cessie

Jezebel stays quiet for a bit, considering the request and what she'd been told. "I will go, though what is it that Vigil is needing to know?" She asks, voice carefully neutral. They'd just finished talking about how she needed to distance herself, but here they were...

"And did anyone at Vigil notice the name? The direct opposite of DarkComet? You all do realize it is likely a trap, right?"

27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground

[DMside]

It's been a bit since the attack in Southside happened and the people of DMside have returned. The funreal for those who died will be held soon, but for now people have come back and started to work again.
    As promised there aren't any armed units in the non military zone, but the streets of DMsidenow show more armed robots then befor.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Eastside Elections - Toby Druid]

Wenomir's face assumes that blank look it usually does when he has no idea what to say.

"I understand your point, if not the examples you chose to illustrate it," he remarks. "I like to think I could fight off a sultry drow, demon, or drow demon bare-handed without being tempted, but let's not delve into this. If you've got knives, give me a couple. I can make do with them if I have to."

Toby quickly glances this way and that to be sure that no cameras are pointed at them. Moving closer to Wenomir, he starts to undo his belt. Oh yeah, I'm sure you're skilled enough to handle my blade. What I've got might look a bit small in your large hands, but... heh, but- pffahaha.
    Unable to keep a straight face or stifle his laughter, he hands over his belt which holds two sheaths. A dagger on the left, tilted for the cross draw, and a brace of three weighted throwing knives on the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Toby Druid

If he asks around, Toby will be cheerfully guided towards a small tower inside the inner-most park. The door at the base is unlocked, and should he go up he'll find Jezebel leaning on a railing as she watches her part of the city from a bench. There's a cool breeze up here, but she doesn't seem bothered by it despite the rather flimsy white toga she wears. "I believed that perhaps some privacy and fresh air might be best. We can always go into an office if you prefer." She says, giving the man a respectful nod when he eventually heads up the three-story tower.
    The Lotus Gardens - Toby Druid

The Druid turns his face to the breeze and studies the wind pattern. By holding the meeting outdoors, she seems to be conceding a significant tactical advantage and, more importantly, giving him a line of retreat. That's probably the best sign she doesn't want this to go bad that he could get. It's enough to make him relax, just a bit. This will do just fine, thank you. On my way in, I was able to get a good look at what a wonderful slice of the city you've carved out for yourself. Not just aesthetically, but it feels more pleasant than the other districts. He affects to admire the view from the railing, but his entire focus is on her. It can't have been trivial to create that effect. Or easy to maintain it.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir's face, on the other hand, is a mask of perfect sincerity. He'd be a great poker player if he ever tried, I'm sure.

"It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it. And I've received no complaints."

He puts the belt on and adjusts it. He's probably got a wider waist than Tobias.

"Ready when you are."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Barbarian in the Playground

All right, all right. You go ahead, I'll get a better look and catch up after. He takes a moment to get serious and concentrate, then wildshapes into a red-tailed hawk and takes to the sky for an aerial view.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid