New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 18

1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Office]

Raneon smiles. "Showy. This should certainly be something that catches the eye. If other things are plain, it will stand out, and if other people try to outdo it, all the better."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Riverside 18

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Eastside - Kate's Apartment]

Mick picks up the gun and makes sure to stay out of Kate's way as she goes into her work. "Well you are welcome Rochelle. Weirdness is good business for me. Plus you know seeing a guy laying bleeding on the floor, what else are you going to do. After that I didn't have anything else to do, plus I think there was mention of a shower." Yes Mick, you mentioned it. You need one and everyone can be glad to have no sense of smell. Everyone besides Mick.

He speaks quietly to the phone. "Yeah I could guess what you mean. I would have probably written it up to being stuck in a gun then robot." Hard to pick up on a persons real personality in such odd situation.

Well, it'd probably be more accurate to say that this is how Kate copes with stress. That's definitely a pretty stressful situation. Kate appears to have stopped herself a moment, and is picking things up to move them to the workbench in the bedroom. Maybe she just realized how disorganized the living room is, especially since she has guests.

Stone laughs a little at that despite herself. "I think most people would have called the Officer Corps, or Police, or whatever they're called here. Takes a special sort to try their hand at brain surgery, you know?" Her tone implies that she's joking. Probably. "I don't live here, but there's a bathroom by the door." She saw it when Kate was being moved into the Homunculus body, since it was right there in the hall.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mick grins as he looks over and spots the bathroom. "Perfect. Well excuse me. Kate I am going to take a long shower if you need me just give me a call."

He ducks into the bathroom, on the way one of his legs gives out underneath him. Only for a split second and he doesn't fall. You would have to be watching to spot it. He doesn't say anything as he heads into the bathroom and proceeds to take a very long shower.

He comes out toweling off his shaggy hair if he could find a towel otherwise he is still wet. He is dressed in a set of clothes not covered in blood that he grabbed out of his trailer. Of course he had a towel in bag but unfortunately that one also got covered in blood. "Ah that feels good."
    Last edited by McBish; 2016-10-22 at 08:47 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Office]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Raneon smiles. "Showy. This should certainly be something that catches the eye. If other things are plain, it will stand out, and if other people try to outdo it, all the better."
    [Office]

"Great. That's what I like to hear." Nadia jots down a couple more notes. "So, is there anything else you want to cover right now? Or maybe we should go and see the site?"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Toby Druid

"...ut iure sit gloriatus marmoream se relinquere, quam latericiam accepisset." Not that he expects Jezebel to have even heard of Augustus, much less Suetonius. The quiet recitation of Latin from memories of a childhood that, at times, seems to have belonged to another man is almost a reflex at this point. Just a ritual to tie the fantastic things of the Nexus to something he once knew. He resists the urge to reach for his pipe, then turns to face her. All smiles to her smiles. If I was a better doctor, I suppose I would be jealous. An entire urban district, free of that nastiness... Well, a few years ago I never would have believed such a miracle would be possible. It's rather nice to know that someone else is determined to fight disease.

Jezebel is silent for a moment, looking out over the railing at her little section of the city as she selects her next words. "As I said, this did not come without cost, but I believe it to have been worth it. Most people here should count their blessings that illnesses here tend to be simple affairs such as pneumonia or cholera. The Grandfather of Plagues, fell god of life and unlife in my home, had far more fiendish creations he would inflict upon anyone he chose without a care. Plagues that fed off of psychic powers for example. Or those that targeted those who lacked faith in The God-Emperor. Such blights cannot be fought with antibiotics or doctors and would ravage world after world. Even worse, those who were infected rejoiced such for not only were their bodies twisted, but their minds and souls as well. Seeing a world of seven billion being put to flame from orbit in order prevent the spread puts things into perspective." She explains. It could be an exaggeration, but the way she says it might tell Toby it is anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Wildside - Lazy Afternoon

As he makes his way back to the paths running through Wildside, he can hear the murmuring of the trees blowing in the wind, the river bubbling its way through the city, the buzzing of insects... the buzzing of some very big insects indeed. In fact, the sound keeps pace with him as he goes, off several yards back and always just out of sight if and when he looks. It seems like he has a follower keeping him honest about leaving. Or... perhaps an admirer? Does he dare hope?

The young noble-bun's ears twitch at the sound of buzzing, and he does dare hope. He gives a smile to himself as he slows his pace, and since the creature is constantly hiding whenever he looks behind him...

Well then, perhaps it is time for him to look up since the amazonian bee-woman from before seemed to like being up there last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Spoiler: Previously
    Show

The Empress' Estate - Victor's New Dawn

His jaw clenched so hard he can feel his teeth grind, Victor rises in one smooth, steady motion until he's sitting at the edge of his bed, swinging his legs out around and feeling his feet touch the floor despite his expectations. After a brief moment of vertigo that he shuts his eyes against, he bends forward with his hands rising to meet his face.

And he allows himself to weep.

The boy, he knows, means nothing to him. A noble lad who sacrificed himself for his mistress, a story oft repeated and each time regrettably less heartbreaking than the last. He mourns that he cannot care more for the loss of the budding man who came before him, but honoring his memory will have to fill the void left by heartfelt emotion.

But what has spurred him to such genuine emotion this morning is the pain that has brought his Empress to these lands. A wholly unique thwarting at the hands of her truest of foes, the loss of all she held dear and all chance at vengeance for what had been lost to her. As world-weary and cynical as Victor has been, seeing the trials of the one he so recklessly bonded himself to has dug a fresh gash into his soul which poured out the blood of his sorrow.

So he wept, and vowed to put his blade between his Empress and the dangers that would darken her door, and not his body. If a child had what it took to die for her, he would harden his heart further and kill in her service.

Even if it wasn't exactly chivalrous. He scoffs to himself lightly at that thought, and stands with a tiny little wobble, the faintest of tremors in his newly massive limbs. He could hide it, of course, but it's not like anyone else is here to see his weakness.

Now, time to dress, to train, and to prepare for the road ahead.
    The Empress' Estate - A Meeting

The next three days, Victor will not find The Empress out and about. Servants tell him that she is with a new prospective Knight, caring for her just as she had done for him. Afterwards though, she is found sitting upon her throne, dressed and armored once more with her face hidden behind her full helm. Victor will have been summoned and the same with Alva. "Champion Victor, this is my new Sorcerer, Alva." She says, introducing them each by their titles. "Lord and Lady, I believe it is time for you to be armed now that you have both recovered and been Anointed. Afterwards, I have a mission for you two to accomplish." She explains.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The Lotus Gardens - Cessie

"It's supposed to be in three days at 6 'o clock, I hope that's enough time to prepare? It feels like I'm throwing this at you now." Cessie explains.

The Lotus Gardens - Riftline

"Sure!" The demon exclaims. That would make Hekta's 10 minute long dream a reality! At least until she grows bored by it and does something else. "So where do I start?!" She grins widely.

Jezebel tilts her head from side to side a bit slightly for a moment as she throws the idea about in her head before she gives a nod. "I can be prepared in time, don't worry. I have something I can wear and I can arrange transportation. I will be going armed, but it won't be anything obvious."

"By being educated."
    Jezebel explains, her voice turning serious. "I'm not saying you need to go to school, but you need to learn everything you can about gods, goddesses, and other divine beings. It was why I was a priestess first. You learn from them before you stab them in the back and steal their stuff." She says, giving a small smile. "How about a job then? I won't ask you to worship me, but hang around for a bit. I could use someone clever and tricky to help keep an eye on things. Besides, maybe you'll get lucky and trip me before stealing my power."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

Mick grins as he looks over and spots the bathroom. "Perfect. Well excuse me. Kate I am going to take a long shower if you need me just give me a call."

He ducks into the bathroom, on the way one of his legs gives out underneath him. Only for a split second and he doesn't fall. You would have to be watching to spot it. He doesn't say anything as he heads into the bathroom and proceeds to take a very long shower.

He comes out toweling off his shaggy hair if he could find a towel otherwise he is still wet. He is dressed in a set of clothes not covered in blood that he grabbed out of his trailer. Of course he had a towel in bag but unfortunately that one also got covered in blood. "Ah that feels good."

Kate neither objects nor responds in any other way. No one seems to notice the apparent leg injury either; Kate's not paying attention and it's unlikely to be visible from the gun's camera, especially since he probably isn't carrying it to the bathroom. It'd be a little weird to carry a gun to the bathroom, especially when it can watch you. At least the building has hot water, though one may wonder who's been paying the bills. Kate may own the apartment, but utilities aren't free. There are a few towels set aside in a cabinet, utilitarian things discolored slightly by what look like oil stains, though they smell clean.

No one greets Mick as he reenters the main room, though it looks significantly less cluttered in there, with most of the clutter moved away. The gun is still wherever he last put it.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Eastside Elections]

"No one who matters." Says the woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Eastside Elections]

Wenomir's face bears the look of a man who is thoroughly unimpressed.

"I don't think anyone who has ever said that actually was no one who mattered," he says, as he takes a few steps to his left. He's trying to get a better look at the mysterious figure, and force her to look at him.
    [Eastside Elections]

Everyone matters, Toby says without any of the faux-cheer. I think he thinks he believes it. But maybe you mean you're working for someone or something who or that matters to you more than we do. But maybe they should matter to us. Maybe keeping tabs on poor Wenomir, making him jump at shadows, is a curious sort of thing to do. Could be he deserves a name or even a motive, after all the trouble you're putting him through. Let me ask you this, if you don't feel like boasting about who you are or the ideals you're working toward, do you have any cryptic threats or even an obscure clue to mutter to us before you vanish?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post

Jezebel is silent for a moment, looking out over the railing at her little section of the city as she selects her next words. "As I said, this did not come without cost, but I believe it to have been worth it. Most people here should count their blessings that illnesses here tend to be simple affairs such as pneumonia or cholera. The Grandfather of Plagues, fell god of life and unlife in my home, had far more fiendish creations he would inflict upon anyone he chose without a care. Plagues that fed off of psychic powers for example. Or those that targeted those who lacked faith in The God-Emperor. Such blights cannot be fought with antibiotics or doctors and would ravage world after world. Even worse, those who were infected rejoiced such for not only were their bodies twisted, but their minds and souls as well. Seeing a world of seven billion being put to flame from orbit in order prevent the spread puts things into perspective." She explains. It could be an exaggeration, but the way she says it might tell Toby it is anything but.
    [The Lotus Gardens - Toby Druid]

Seven...
    he stops himself from outright flinching, but his face grows pale as he comprehends the scale she's talking about. He knew he only mattered in, like, two universes out of a theoretically infinite amount, but if there's anything that could make all his efforts look like a molecule of salt in an endless ocean... Well. He expected this meeting would be discomforting. At least he learned something new. It is hard for me to imagine the life you must have lived.
    He sighs and chooses a wry, self-deprecating smile to wear before facing her directly.
    On to business, then?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mick did leave the gun where it was when he went to get cleaned up. He grabs his bag and pulls out a old beat up notebook with a pen tucked into it. Assuming there is space on the couch he flops down into it and starts writing. Then he blinks and looks up remembering something. "Hey guys you still doing OK?" He calls and looks over at where he left the gun. He thinks about how he could have offered to turn on a radio or TV for them before hopping in the shower.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

9. - Top - End - #159

Default Re: [Office]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Office]

"Great. That's what I like to hear." Nadia jots down a couple more notes. "So, is there anything else you want to cover right now? Or maybe we should go and see the site?"
    "It is important to us how quickly construction goes, if that helps with a choice between approaches. Otherwise, yes, let's go see the side."
    Raneon pushes away from the desk and stands up, heading slowly for the door.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside Elections]

Everyone matters, Toby says without any of the faux-cheer. I think he thinks he believes it. But maybe you mean you're working for someone or something who or that matters to you more than we do. But maybe they should matter to us. Maybe keeping tabs on poor Wenomir, making him jump at shadows, is a curious sort of thing to do. Could be he deserves a name or even a motive, after all the trouble you're putting him through. Let me ask you this, if you don't feel like boasting about who you are or the ideals you're working toward, do you have any cryptic threats or even an obscure clue to mutter to us before you vanish?
    [Eastside Elections]

"How prosaic." Says the hooded figure. "And I wouldn't say I do. Not unless you're specifically asking for threats in the nature of what I might do if either of you get any closer." She turns her head suddenly to face Wenomir, single grey eye catching him directly in an unblinking stare from behind the mask. "If you're trying to indicate that the commander of Vigil finds my interest intimidating, then maybe his fearsome reputation has been subject to some exaggeration." She continues, still staring the challenge into Wenomir's eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside Elections]

Wenomir stares right back into the mysterious figure's eyes, without blinking. Among his martial and leadership skills, it turns out he's also very good at staring contests.

"Intimidated? Hardly. Concerned? Perhaps. It comes with the job, that if someone watches me while making it a point to let herself be seen, they're doing it for a reason. If I were a celebrity, I could write it off as obsessed fans. Alas, I'm a professional apocalypse-slayer."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #162

Default [Southside]

The General heads back to her little corner of HQ, glad that the early morning's business is over. A few minutes later she's leaving, heading down the road. The armored uniform with its trim and its badges has been exchanged for slippers and only a cloak wrapped all around her.

On to the
    [Xar'cha Estate]
    careful to stay off the grass, and ring the doorbell for Ilpholin.
    There's every expectation that the HALlelujah won't recognize her, but luckily, 'disguised friend on a social visit' and 'report a demon sighting' are both early on the list.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

The Goddess gives a nod. "On to business then. What is it that you wished to speak with me about?" Jezebel asks, thankful for the change in subject. There are some memories better left buried after all.

14. - Top - End - #164

[Eastside Elections]

Honestly, you kind of are a celebrity. Toby mutters under his breath. He stays very still, avoiding any misunderstandings on what he might be doing while she's facing away from him.

[The Lotus Gardens - Toby Druid]

Politics, I'm afraid. He gives her a sheepish roll of his eyes, embarrassed to broach such a tiresome subject in the fresh air of her private balcony. It seems to me that we each have a solid chance for being elected to our respective goals. You for popularity, me by virtue of the odds. Considering that there's significant overlap in our visions for Eastside, at least it seemed that way to me following both of our initial speeches... Well, wouldn't it be nice if we were on the same page. Should we both be elected, I'm sure the people of this district would prefer that their executive and legislative bodies work together. Personally, I'd much rather we work in the same general direction than at cross purposes, at the very least. The gentleness slowly fades away from his words and body language, to be replaced by something more like an expression of cold iron. Which means we need to clear the air, you and I. I didn't come here to seek an alliance so much as an understanding. Is it at all possible for the two of us to work civilly together, for the people of Eastside? Or do we need to have a frank and open discussion before starting over on a blank slate?

[Eastside Diner]

At another time, Toby shows walks into a diner a full hour before his breakfast date casual meeting. Of course, he was watching the place from a variety of vantage points outside for an hour before that. He's clearly nervous relaxed and only conducting the bare minimum of surveillance and counter-surveillance. Now he just has to order a coffee and spend the rest of the time practicing his nonchalance.

[Eastside Campaigning]

Given the almost unprecedented number of scenes Toby is already a part of within this thread--as well as his noted propensity for body doubles, alternate versions, and wild trickery--I feel obligated to point out, from an OoC standpoint, that this is honestly just one too many plotclones of Toby Druid. I happen to have time this week and may have none this weekend, so let's just do all my scenes now.
    So.
    After obtaining the necessary permissions to run a political rally in a public area, the man running for Eastside Councilor starts preparing his event early one morning. An E-Z Up for shade, a few tables with big fake ballot boxes on them, metal folding chairs, and a whiteboard with lots of different colored dry erase markers. Each box has a different label on it: Education, Defense, Culture, Economy, Justice, and Nexus Involvement. A large bright sign invites passers-by to come cast their vote for which priority they think Eastside's new government should work towards. All ballots will be counted at the end of the day and the breakdown in potential priorities will be announced by a local news outlet as well as forwarded to all candidates running for Mayor or Councilor. A tanned young man is handing out fake ballots, one per person, to anyone who comes near. A pale boy writes "What Would You Like to See in Eastside?" on the bottom of the whiteboard (he can't reach the top) and offers markers to anyone with an opinion they want to share. The candidate himself hangs around, chatting with pedestrians, talking to potential voters about serious issues, and generally making himself a visible presence.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside Diner]

Reinholdt sure was acting squirrelly when he said he needed Reina to come here and meet up with someone. She's pretty convinced he was just messing with her, even though he claimed it would help her new attempts at practicing therapy. Still, it would have been nice to tell her who she was meeting at least.

So she shows up about five minutes ahead of time, dressed in business casual. Reinholdt was right though, it doesn't take Reina but a second to figure out who she's meeting. She falls into the chair across from Tobias with narrow eyes. "You. I'm going to kill him." She definitely looks mad, not at Tobias, but at the scoundrel who sent her.

Reina calms slightly and regards Tobias with suspicion. "I take it this set up is your attempt at an apology?"

[Xar'cha Estate]

Disguises can be effective against AIs that aren't allowed to take your blood for DNA sampling. HALlelujah starts to consider the benefits to enacting that protocol. In the meantime, however, General Skye will be admitted entrance and Ilpholin will greet her shortly thereafter as she heads inside. "Welcome. Can I interest you in some sugar water?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eastside Election]

"Interesting theory. I believe I'll let you ponder on it." Says the Mysterious Figure, with just a hint of smugness. "Unless, perhaps, you believe that I'm an apocalypse in need of slaying?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground

[DMside]

At this time of the year, this place seems to get quiet a bit of a change. On day this are of riverside looks just like every time, but at night you get a sight of colorful lights. Every house get's decorated so they will be done befor this months end.
    Even the temple of Deus mechanicus has opened his doors wide for people to come in and seek help in his pantheon.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Eastside Campaigning]

Given the almost unprecedented number of scenes Toby is already a part of within this thread--as well as his noted propensity for body doubles, alternate versions, and wild trickery--I feel obligated to point out, from an OoC standpoint, that this is honestly just one too many plotclones of Toby Druid. I happen to have time this week and may have none this weekend, so let's just do all my scenes now.
    So.
    After obtaining the necessary permissions to run a political rally in a public area, the man running for Eastside Councilor starts preparing his event early one morning. An E-Z Up for shade, a few tables with big fake ballot boxes on them, metal folding chairs, and a whiteboard with lots of different colored dry erase markers. Each box has a different label on it: Education, Defense, Culture, Economy, Justice, and Nexus Involvement. A large bright sign invites passers-by to come cast their vote for which priority they think Eastside's new government should work towards. All ballots will be counted at the end of the day and the breakdown in potential priorities will be announced by a local news outlet as well as forwarded to all candidates running for Mayor or Councilor. A tanned young man is handing out fake ballots, one per person, to anyone who comes near. A pale boy writes "What Would You Like to See in Eastside?" on the bottom of the whiteboard (he can't reach the top) and offers markers to anyone with an opinion they want to share. The candidate himself hangs around, chatting with pedestrians, talking to potential voters about serious issues, and generally making himself a visible presence.
    A sprite, wearing a gray sweater, about as big as a barbie doll, hands turquoise with chalk dust for some reason, casts a vote for Culture.
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-11-02 at 02:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

[Eastside Election]

"She doesn't look like one, does she, Tobias?" After that rhetorical question, Wenomir shrugs. "It's a free city. Until we meet again, if we do. Or whoever gives you orders."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #170

Default [Xar'cha Residence]

Of course, once they know you're taking security DNA samples, they start entirely different sorts of disguises.

"That would be lovely, thank you." Such hospitality. Skye follows Ilpholin in.

"I hope you're not too busy."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #171

The young noble-bun's ears twitch at the sound of buzzing, and he does dare hope. He gives a smile to himself as he slows his pace, and since the creature is constantly hiding whenever he looks behind him...

Well then, perhaps it is time for him to look up since the amazonian bee-woman from before seemed to like being up there last time.

The next three days, Victor will not find The Empress out and about. Servants tell him that she is with a new prospective Knight, caring for her just as she had done for him. Afterwards though, she is found sitting upon her throne, dressed and armored once more with her face hidden behind her full helm. Victor will have been summoned and the same with Alva. "Champion Victor, this is my new Sorcerer, Alva." She says, introducing them each by their titles. "Lord and Lady, I believe it is time for you to be armed now that you have both recovered and been Anointed. Afterwards, I have a mission for you two to accomplish." She explains.

There, up above and partially concealed by the afternoon sun, the bee-woman flies far back and away from the noble lad. Her wingbeats are only audible due to the unnatural stillness to the air, but he can tell quite easily it's the same one as before, as her sun-framed profile has the neck of his instrument poking out over her hip.

Victor strides confidently into the hall, looking every part the giant he has been transmuted into. His chest is partly bared by a loose tunic thrown on as he was being summoned, the leather straps used for tying it together left dangling and unthreaded through their holes. He just barely manages to suppress a scoff, the word "sorcerer" being mouthed without any air to give it voice as his eyes roll in their sockets towards Alva...

And then he blinks, legitimately surprised as he turns fully to face her and regard her more closely, "Excuse me, do I know you? You look very familiar for whatever reason."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

"Busy, yes. Too busy, no. One moment." Ilpholin steps out and returns with sugar water in a few short moments, which she offers to Skye.

"To be honest, I didn't expect to see you again so soon." Never again was also a possibility considered. "If you're looking for my taxes, I'm afraid no one's hired me yet. But then most rulers don't disguise themselves when on official business, do they?" Ilpholin probably only figured out Skye's clever disguise by asking that sugar water question. Sneaky drow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jezebel tilts her head from side to side a bit slightly for a moment as she throws the idea about in her head before she gives a nod. "I can be prepared in time, don't worry. I have something I can wear and I can arrange transportation. I will be going armed, but it won't be anything obvious."

"By being educated."
    Jezebel explains, her voice turning serious. "I'm not saying you need to go to school, but you need to learn everything you can about gods, goddesses, and other divine beings. It was why I was a priestess first. You learn from them before you stab them in the back and steal their stuff." She says, giving a small smile. "How about a job then? I won't ask you to worship me, but hang around for a bit. I could use someone clever and tricky to help keep an eye on things. Besides, maybe you'll get lucky and trip me before stealing my power."

"Job?" Hekta asks in the same tone as someone just hearing about their method of execution. Sticking out her tongue in disgust at the mere mention of the word. "What kind of 'job'?"

Cessie smiles widely. "It is a... agreement then." She nods. "Thank you, Jezebel. I really appreciate it."

24. - Top - End - #174

Default [Xar'cha Residence]

One moment, several more after that. That little bit of time doesn't try Skye's patience.
    When Ilpholin returns, she clasps the glass of sugar water in both hands and takes a sip.

"I won't be collecting it myself." she replies, amused. If there are no tax collectors to be found who are trustworthy and qualified, well, there's no hope of getting the whole thing to work. "Quite right. Official business would see me in my uniform. This-" the visit and the outfit (if you can call it that) "-is personal. It would have been a shame not to see you again. But too much of that, so soon."
    "Tell me about your brother."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Moth Park

When the twig is snapped and those under the illusion knocked unconscious, they find themselves able to breathe once more. Light filters down from above as well as the dark embrace wrapped around them all is forced back for a small area around the party. The shadows around them swirl, seemingly angry at their disruption before they begin to slink back towards Vax and her companions. She has a few moments of peace to do what she wish, so she best make them count.
    [Moth Park - Demon Hunting]

The darkness is closing in again? It's not so easily warded off as Vax would hope. No matter. This being dealt in fear, and there's one clear enemy of fear.

Bravery of course, and there are no soldiers more brave than those she and Zhareen direct today. Perhaps they need a bit of... prompting in that regard. Vax tugs on the roots she'd grown in their sleeping minds prior once more.

All at once the fright and uncertainty fade from the men. They were Malechenar's chosen combatants against this foe. They would be victorious. The men stand tall, some even smile at the thought of the upcoming challenge.

Vax smiles. Such dreams of valor of victory were so dangerous. Tucked beneath their sheets, men will fell a thousand foes as the heros of the land. In the waking world, men will accomplish much, but personal safety is such a distant thought.

All at once they charge, with their leaders following swiftly behind. The darkness may find it much harder to get a grip on them. What it tried to do was physical, but if it had its roots in fear it had very potent opposition.

"It is important to us how quickly construction goes, if that helps with a choice between approaches. Otherwise, yes, let's go see the side."
    Raneon pushes away from the desk and stands up, heading slowly for the door.
    [Architect Meeting]

As they step out of the office and move along to their destination, Nadia continues the conversation. "It has some impact, sure, but it's far from the most significant factor. That's really going to depend on the contractors you hire. I've worked with a few during other jobs, so I'm sure I can give some recommendations. You're probably going to need a high budget for the fastest possible work, though." She doesn't ask what his overall budget is, of course. That would just be rude.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'Cha Residence]

MEANWHILE.

Yet more visitors. A very specific certain flaming hawt tiefling walks up the approach, humming some pop song or other. He doesn't seem to be armed, but you can never tell with these assassin types. They're pretty sneaky like that.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

One moment, several more after that. That little bit of time doesn't try Skye's patience.
    When Ilpholin returns, she clasps the glass of sugar water in both hands and takes a sip.

"I won't be collecting it myself." she replies, amused. If there are no tax collectors to be found who are trustworthy and qualified, well, there's no hope of getting the whole thing to work. "Quite right. Official business would see me in my uniform. This-" the visit and the outfit (if you can call it that) "-is personal. It would have been a shame not to see you again. But too much of that, so soon."
    "Tell me about your brother."
    [Xar'Cha Residence]

Ilpholin tilts her head. Either she had been out of the pool for too long or Skye was just hard to read last time she was here, which would admittedly benefit her in some aspects as a leader. Regardless, Ilpholin sits down on the couch. "I don't recall mentioning a brother to you last time, so you'll have to be more specific. Which brother? I have many." Only one that isn't a half-brother admittedly. But most people consider half-siblings to be full ones barring some exceptional venom in the family.

[Xar'Cha Residence]

MEANWHILE.

Yet more visitors. A very specific certain flaming hawt tiefling walks up the approach, humming some pop song or other. He doesn't seem to be armed, but you can never tell with these assassin types. They're pretty sneaky like that.
    [Xar'Cha Residence]

"Good time of day, Kal'selthezaar," The front door chirps at the tiefling after 15 seconds of facial recognition scans and 60 seconds of buffering. "Please state the nature of your visit: 1) Seeking grievous vengeance. 2) Seeking moderate vengeance. 3) Forgotten personal effect remaining inside. 4) ...." The list continues for an extensive amount of time unless interrupted.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2016-11-07 at 09:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Eastside Diner]

Reinholdt sure was acting squirrelly when he said he needed Reina to come here and meet up with someone. She's pretty convinced he was just messing with her, even though he claimed it would help her new attempts at practicing therapy. Still, it would have been nice to tell her who she was meeting at least.

So she shows up about five minutes ahead of time, dressed in business casual. Reinholdt was right though, it doesn't take Reina but a second to figure out who she's meeting. She falls into the chair across from Tobias with narrow eyes. "You. I'm going to kill him." She definitely looks mad, not at Tobias, but at the scoundrel who sent her.

Reina calms slightly and regards Tobias with suspicion. "I take it this set up is your attempt at an apology?"
    [Eastside Diner]

She's seen through the window, causing something close to a controlled panic. The Druid reviews his old escape plan in the blink of an eye, figuring out if it can still work in this unforeseen circumstance. Dark hair, acne, teenage build, waiter's uniform: make it from the booth to the kitchen. Light buzz cut, wrinkles, short and thick build, FedNex uniform: out the back door and around the nearest corner. Wildshape to get some distance. In case of ambush, break contact with sustained spells and teleport from the nearest tree. Too late, she's already at the door, she'll see the confused looks the actual waitstaff would give him and guess it's him. Moments left before she sees him and she'll see... Gods damn it, he's just wearing a comfortable t-shirt and jeans. Toby touches his fedora and by the time Reina makes eye contact he's in boat shoes, white slacks, a sea-blue shirt with the sleeves rolled up and the top few buttons undone, a sennit hat canted at a self-deprecatingly exaggerated rakish angle, and an expression of surprise he doesn't even have to fake. But that look gives way to one approaching meekness from the direction of fear as she makes her anger known.

This isn't my set up. I am equally set upon here. I thought Reinholdt and I were going to, um, catch up over coffee and waffles.
    He holds up his open hands as if to show he's not holding any nefarious intentions. It's a bit like a magician telling you there's nothing up his sleeves when he's already palmed something. But, ah, if I were to take this opportunity to buy you breakfast and apologize... what exactly should I be apologizing for first? I'm afraid I've rather a long list of slights and transgressions to redress. It's hard to see, what with my head crammed so far up my own ass, which one has caused you the most offence.

[Eastside Election]

"Interesting theory. I believe I'll let you ponder on it." Says the Mysterious Figure, with just a hint of smugness. "Unless, perhaps, you believe that I'm an apocalypse in need of slaying?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Eastside Election]

"She doesn't look like one, does she, Tobias?" After that rhetorical question, Wenomir shrugs. "It's a free city. Until we meet again, if we do. Or whoever gives you orders."
    [Eastside Election]

Well, she looks like a woman, so kind of? In my experience, most women tend to be either a revelation or an end of a world. Toby, you've got to stop answering rhetorical questions. You're not deep, just pretentious.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Socks View Post
    A sprite, wearing a gray sweater, about as big as a barbie doll, hands turquoise with chalk dust for some reason, casts a vote for Culture.
    [Eastside Campaigning]

The sprite's vote is cast! Toby tries to draw it into a discussion of what it feels the city could improve, but won't stop it from leaving.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2016-11-07 at 10:59 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

[Xar'cha Residence]

"Oh, geeze." Says Kal, scratching the back of his head. That's very many options.
    "Let's do moderate vengeance today. Depending on how it goes I can come back for the grievous vengeance later."

[Eastside Election]

The figure raises a hand.

"Good bye." She says.

She was in the alleyway first, I guess, so now it's Wenomir and Toby's job to shove off!

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Architect Meeting]

As they step out of the office and move along to their destination, Nadia continues the conversation. "It has some impact, sure, but it's far from the most significant factor. That's really going to depend on the contractors you hire. I've worked with a few during other jobs, so I'm sure I can give some recommendations. You're probably going to need a high budget for the fastest possible work, though." She doesn't ask what his overall budget is, of course. That would just be rude.
    One would hope they're not so rude as to make all these inquiries without the budget to back them up. "Based on your experience, then, what should we avoid?"
    Along they go towards the destination. Nadia should be glad to see them moving away from the militarized center of operations to a relatively unused stretch of riverfront. It really doesn't look like much of anything. You wouldn't call a place that can get this muddy a beach, there arebn't plants worth mentioning, and whatever once stood here is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Xar'Cha Residence]

Ilpholin tilts her head. Either she had been out of the pool for too long or Skye was just hard to read last time she was here, which would admittedly benefit her in some aspects as a leader. Regardless, Ilpholin sits down on the couch. "I don't recall mentioning a brother to you last time, so you'll have to be more specific. Which brother? I have many." Only one that isn't a half-brother admittedly. But most people consider half-siblings to be full ones barring some exceptional venom in the family.
    Now, now. It could be both. Skye remains standing near the couch's arm while she sips her drink. "Is 'Nadas' among them? I heard something from my first husband's son's business partner that raised a few questions."
    Of course, there is some exceptional venom in this family.
    The general takes one hand off the glass to gesture politely with.
    "I admit, I may just not understand what a threat demons can be..." If only someone here could fill her in on that.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine