New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Sizemore sees the future?

I'm probably reading way too much into the second-last panel of page 60, but...

As Parson explains "the other guy thinks we're stupid" and so will easily fall into traps, Sizemore mumbles a comment.

Cut to next panel, with Vinnie briefing Ansom again.

Am I the only one with a bad feeling about this?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Sizemore sees the future?

Quote Originally Posted by AlisdairM View Post

As Parson explains "the other guy thinks we're stupid" and so will easily fall into traps, Sizemore mumbles a comment.

He was grunting an affirmative. And yes you are reading to much into it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Well, Vinnie is certainly the brains on Ansom's side, and always the one who figures what Parson is up to. He has already avoided one obvious trap.

If Parson believes Ansom is running the show, and makes the same mistake as Ansom/Vinnie assuming The Tool runs his own show, then Vinnie could well exploit Parson's fondness for setting traps with some bait of his own...
    Last edited by AlisdairM; 2007-07-07 at 08:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Actually, he was having a heart attack. He just didn't want to be a bother to anyone else so he kept it as quiet as he could.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ErikZ View Post
    Actually, he was having a heart attack. He just didn't want to be a bother to anyone else so he kept it as quiet as he could.
    Such a considerate lad...
    "All sorts of nastiness happens in a dungeon. That's why they are not called "malls"." -Wehrkind

6. - Top - End - #6

It's impossible to be sure but somehow the "Mm" seemed more to me like "Mm well that's because it's not possib-OH NOES don't say that out loud in front of the Tool!" than like "Mm-hmm, Ansom thinks that way."
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlisdairM View Post

Actually Parson's comment is "He'll always assume he's smarter then you...He can't imagine you laying a trap...." I think Sizemore's "Mm." is more of a "He's got that right, but I'm not saying it out loud." while Wanda's look is "I thought I told you! Make him think it was his idea!"

Stanley however is too dumb to take notice, and Parson after an "..." manages to save his boop. But being an egomaniac himself, how long can he keep this up?
    Last edited by ChowGuy; 2007-07-07 at 05:05 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You're missing the other place in the same room where a character said, "Mm." What to read into that? No clue.

As for the "...", yeah, it seems like Parson ended up walking into his solution, but he's not stupid even if he enjoys Stupid Meals. He's a quick study at letting Stanley have Parson's way.

9. - Top - End - #9

I took Misty's "Mm" as something like, "Aw, isn't that cute how enthusiastic he gets about his elaborate plans! I'd better not interrupt with questions while he's figuring out how to save us."
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Agreed with Scientivore. I have a very low opinion of Stanley, and I've little doubt his own troops probably have the same opinion.

You live with an idiot, you begrudge the idiot.
    Noble Axeman of the Roy fanclub. Why?

Look at this face. That's why. That is one awesome face!

" MAMA'S BOY!"- Kefka cosplayer to Sephiroth cosplayer.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scientivore View Post
    I took Misty's "Mm" as something like, "Aw, isn't that cute how enthusiastic he gets about his elaborate plans! I'd better not interrupt with questions while he's figuring out how to save us."
    Maybe. But Misty stayed to help after Parson told her she could go back to sleep, and I think she really had been helping. She's one of the ones who has to run the table, so she's possibly the only one who could explain to Parson what it can and cannot do. I take the "Mm" as agreeing with what he's saying, with a certain pride that for the first time in a long she's actuall been a part of something and not just a nameless fixture.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

i took it to be "mmm" yes, now you are getting it.
    -rawk