New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World V

Naito's gaze very slowly drifts towards Hasunaga from straight ahead.

"Not here for you, a**hat."

Naito is well past the point where a situation like this is particularly surprising. Naito doesn't even stop walking.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Orc in the Playground

"No kidding. I saw them wheeling in Katsuo.

...what is she doing here?"
    Hasunaga doesn't seem to take Naito's verbal lambasting to heart, nor does he seem particularly on edge by the sight of Aoi, but he DOES look surprised.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #633

Hasunaga can see Naito tense up even more, an impressive accomplishment, but doesn't slow.

"She-" the emphasis is very specific, "-isn't."

Naito doesn't seem particularly inclined to go into detail.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

"...here is one of Seireitei's three main hospitals. It was founded a thousand years ago by predecessors of what are this day known as Medicine and Logistics...", Naito and Hasunaga can hear a voice echoing through a nearby open window. The new Academy students are still touring the capital of Soul Society, not letting the arrival of the Royal Guard distract them from their routine.

A magenta-haired girl with mismatched eyes doesn't seem to be following the lecture too tightly, however. Her eyes drift towards the hospital window.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #635

[Seireitei]
    Hospital

Naito's head snaps to the open window, not expecting noise from that direction. Looking out for a moment, Naito grunts.

"Hm."

Then, without warning, Naito leaps through the window, apparently unwilling to continue looking for the exit. Spinning in mid air, Naito comes to land in a three-point stance quite close to the group in general and the magenta-haired girl in particular. Standing, Naito turns to look the tour group over, their expression an open challenge for anyone to object or say something.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

There is a moment of stunned silence as the new recruits and their instructor just stare at Naito. Then, the silence is broken by laughter and clap of hands, coming from the magenta-haired girl. "Hahaha! Cool trick! Do it again!"

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Soul Society]
    [Hospital, Seireitei]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Soul Society]
    Hospital

Naito found a chair in the corner of the room and has been sitting there quietly since the group's arrival, hunched over and looking around discontentedly. Forcing one hand to unclench, Naito notes the bloody marks gouged into their hand and stands up abruptly.

"I can't...just sit here. I'm going for a walk."

Naito heads for the door. Aoi begins to stand as well.

"Would you like me to-"
    "No. I'm fine."

Naito doesn't look back, but the tone used with Aoi is still considerably restrained based on Naito's recent behavior. She sinks back into her chair, apparently unperturbed.
    Chuck looked over when Naito spoke of taking a walk. The Australian opened his mouth, but Aoi's question beats him to the punch. He shifts gears a bit.

"Alright, just keep your phone on you in case somet-"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    On the way, Naito runs into a very bandaged kid. Whom apparently recognizes him.

"Sheesh, I must be in a more sorry state than I look if they actually asked you boys to come up here."

NOW DOESN'T THAT VOICE SOUND FAMILIAR.
    Chuck closes his eyes and gives a long-suffering sigh. He just knows this isn't going to end wel-
    Naito's gaze very slowly drifts towards Hasunaga from straight ahead.

"Not here for you, a**hat."

Naito is well past the point where a situation like this is particularly surprising. Naito doesn't even stop walking.
    Hey look he was right. He stepped forward to try and distract the teacher and give Naito more space.

"Yeah, we didn't know you were here, Mister Hasunaga."

It's not as harsh, but it is a bit firmer than a student usually speaks to a teacher.
    "No kidding. I saw them wheeling in Katsuo.

...what is she doing here?"
    Hasunaga doesn't seem to take Naito's verbal lambasting to heart, nor does he seem particularly on edge by the sight of Aoi, but he DOES look surprised.
    Chuck's eyes bounce over to Aoi...
    Hasunaga can see Naito tense up even more, an impressive accomplishment, but doesn't slow.

"She-" the emphasis is very specific, "-isn't."

Naito doesn't seem particularly inclined to go into detail.
    Before he just sighs and nods.

"What Naito said. It's complicated. Explanations later. We're all kind of tired and on edge."
    [Seireitei]
    Hospital

Naito's head snaps to the open window, not expecting noise from that direction. Looking out for a moment, Naito grunts.

"Hm."

Then, without warning, Naito leaps through the window, apparently unwilling to continue looking for the exit. Spinning in mid air, Naito comes to land in a three-point stance quite close to the group in general and the magenta-haired girl in particular. Standing, Naito turns to look the tour group over, their expression an open challenge for anyone to object or say something.
    And then Naito jumps out the window. Chuck reaches up and pinches the bridge of his nose, eyes clenched shut.

"I swear...Mister Hasunaga, please stay here with Aoi and Shinji, if you're not going to wander back to your room or whatnot."

It's worded and spoken as a polite suggestion, but there's definite firmness there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    There is a moment of stunned silence as the new recruits and their instructor just stare at Naito. Then, the silence is broken by laughter and clap of hands, coming from the magenta-haired girl. "Hahaha! Cool trick! Do it again!"
    Chuck hears non-Naito voices outside the window, sighs again, and blurs to be standing near Naito.

"We're not a circus act, kid. Naito, I know doors are a sometimes portal, but maybe not a window next time?"

Chuck's tone is simultaneously slightly joking, and a bit of sincere pleading. Naito's a smart person; it's clear Chuck just wants everyone to move along, and not have this escalate.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

[Seireitei, Soul Society]
    [Commander-General's Office, Command Division HQ]
    Yeah, the criticism was a long time coming. It actually surprises Koutarou that Masamune reined it in that long.

"No, that is not a merit of my leadership but rather a telltale sign of the competence of the officers under my command. Which is all the more reason why the following events transpired as they did.

It is worth noting that the significant lack of intelligence we had been acting upon at the time slowed us to a crawl."
    The Commander-General sighs. "At one point, we worked under the assumption that Von Geister may have been a portion of Izanami's soul - her Zanpakutou, especifically - and that slaying him might result in her return, which was a turn of events we could not afford either. So we were deadlocked at the time. We've only recently been able to confirm that is not the case.

It's also worth noting that Las Noches took care of the Quincy threat for us. Given the scale of the battle that took place, we could have been met with significant casualties in spite of our superior expertise and numbers. They, once again, did us a favor.

But I digress. You asked me what happened when Wan Li Lin came to us. Some of what I will report, mind, is second-hand knowledge, since I was away when Yamamoto Saiyuri tried to contact the Royal Guard.

From what I understand, among other things, Wan Li Lin assaulted that very same Yamamoto Saiyuri - possibly in ways we cannot heal or fully ascertain,
    mind - in order to make her more 'apt to the task of aiding them'. They also summarily executed the Chamber of Forty-Six with nothing so much as resembling a trial. They yet breathe, yes, but they are like living cadavers, utterly catatonic.

Upon my return, I immediately requested an audience. Wan Li Lin demanded we immediately turn on Las Noches as well as initiate a move from our current position by means of a device that was not only not fully understood by me, but had also apparently never been tested, which they insisted could not wait in the slightest."

Koutarou takes a deep breath at this point.

"I could neither accept such demands as they were nor simply allow they do as they please with their Zanpakutou within Seireitei as though the officers and people within were tools or worse, toys for their amusement. And while I fully comprehend it was not within my authority to do so, I requested Wan Li Lin place themselves under effect of a limiter while not under a combat emergency. I absolutely refused to pay Las Noches' good faith with violence, or to allow the use of a device that could very well have damaged Soul Society's structural integrity even further without making sure that none would be affected.

As a result, Wan Li Lin and I clashed in combat. The fact I'm talking to you right now ought to tell you how that went, but you need not take my word for it - there are recordings to that effect that I am more than happy to submit for your perusal.

For what it's worth, Central 46's decisions towards Las Noches were more or less aligned with Wan Li Lin's, so I ignore why they thought it better to have them executed. I was not their first choice for this post, either. But, my differences of opinion with them aside, I could not condone the fate that was decided for them. I was, in fact, prepared to make arrangements to institute a new Chamber before your arrival.

I will say this as many times as necessary. You may judge my ineptitude for command as you will, but I will not tolerate the abuse of officers under my wing no matter the nobility of the cause or of the title held by those who would engage in such practices."
    Masamune frowned thoughtfully at the mention of speculations regarding Von Geister's nature, but the damage of not passing on knowledge was done, and they seemed to be disavowed of the notion, at least.

At the mention of Wan Li Lin "assaulting" a random member of the Command Division, a slightly pained expression crossed Masamune's face, but he motioned for Koutarou to continue.

"Hm. This matter is...complex. I cannot shake that this whole idea of a treaty with a city of Arrancar is a bad idea. I think, to ensure there is no...miscommunication...the best approach would be to have someone get us copies of all the treaties Soul Society has entered with outside polities, be they full defense agreements, cease-fires, or anything else, in the last century. As well, any minutes of meetings the Central 46 had with one or more leaders of Las Noches would be beneficial.
    The rule of law is important, after all.
    "

He gives Koutarou a rather sharp look there, but doesn't speak directly to the Commander's actions, for the moment...

"I will say that I don't feel we can simply let a member of the Gotei fight a Royal Guard with zero consequences. I'm not going to make a judgement this moment, however. I wish to examine all the evidence. After all, the best blades are forged with care and time, not hastiness and raw strength."

He nods sagely at that, like some wise man dispensing proverbs.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #638
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Command HQ)

Kusuma considers this silently, his smirk dampening only slightly.

"...where is Wan now?" He breaks his silence with a simple question after allowing Masamune to speak.

(Momoka's House)

A hell butterfly flutters through the crack of a window, perching on the table in front of Momoka. A quiet, sort of frazzled-sounding voice speaks out

Kobayashi Momoka of the SSI, your expertise is requested at the East Gate hospital as soon as you can possibly manage.

She blinks. As does Gwyn. "...so you really did join, huh?" Momoka gives her a 'not now' shrug, sighing as she slips her sandals on.

"...well. Duty calls, I'm afraid." She looks to Setsurou, at that. "...will you be coming?"

(East Gate Hospital)

A mousy, frazzly-haired nurse steps out to look into the waiting room. "...erm. Are you here for... Katsuo? That's the name we got, I think." She looks between Shinji and Hasunaga. "...are you a patient?" She seems to focus on the apparent kid's bandages.

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Nielle lets out a frightened yet enraged scream as Clovis triggers the trap, the chains catching her legs and raising her into the air a meter or two, tightening even as she thrashes in desperation.

"...you... you bastard! When your kingdom crumbles I'll find you in hell and make you pay for every year! EVERY YEAR!"

It gets less coherent from there.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2017-07-11 at 03:43 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Gathering particles from the nearby environs, Nuala tells a story the sand. Steps, leading into the heavens. Bridging the gap between sky and earth. They eagerly jump to her command, long forgotten in this equally forsaken place. Glaring down at her now utterly worthless opponent with contempt, Nuala leans forward at the thrashing beast and seizes her calmly by the eye-holes of the mask. She could be an Olympian. Unstoppable, a force like an earthquake rent into flesh.

With a wrench and a squeal of revenge, she tears off Nielle's mask, to see the frightened face beneath.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society; outside East Gate hospital]

The magenta haired girl falls quiet and blinks in surprise as Chuck speeds next to Naito. She stares at him wild wonderment as she's addressed. Then, recognition dawns on her face and she smiles widely, pointing at each of the Earthlings in turn. "Ooh! Ooh! I get it! You're from Earth, aren't you? You're... what's the word... Queensies! You fire bows! Like noble ladies of old!"

She pauses, and her smile changes to a more ponderous expression. "Though neither of you are very Lady-like. What a shame."

The academy instructor walks next to the girl and puts a hand on her shoulder. *Ahem* "Very observant, Zaraki-kun. However, you'd do better to remember your manners. Get back in line, please." He gently turns the girl around and pushes her towards the other recruits. He seems distracted, though, looking at the two Earthlings present, as if searching for something.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Orc in the Playground

[Momoka's house]

"Naturally. I... wasn't aware you had medical skills they could count on." Sure, Momoka was the biggest Kidou expert on Seireitei, but Setsurou wasn't aware there were esoteric Kaidou around.

[Command HQ]

"In a cell, under heavy observation, separated from his Zanpakutou. He has not spoken a word since we fought, as soon as he determined that he could not count on the cell guard to aid in his release.

This is a report of the damage he wrought during our confrontation. I'm sure it will illustrate why I thought incarceration was necessary, if a bit overkill."

The report also includes which bindings Wan Li Lin is under. It's probably more than warranted, but no less than he could escape under.

Masamune's request does not go unheeded either. Koutarou produces a tablet.

"I thought you may say that. Which is why I prep--"

There is a buzz on Koutarou's Reiphone. A quick side glance turns into a heavy frown as he realizes what it's about.

"...Black Tortoise King. It seems one of the mortals' friends was admitted to the East Gate Hospital a while ago. He is accompanied by one of the signataries of those treaties - the Grandmaster of the Kuzunoha clan.

I expect you might want to have words with him regarding the treaties themselves."

[East Gate Hospital]

Hasunaga shrugs. He can't deny he's a patient, but he's too stir-crazy to be on his bed. Plus he was hungry.

He was, after all, running low on Reiatsu for a while now.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #642

Naito stares the girl down, unsure of whether to be flattered or insulted, but Chuck's presence defuses the situation before anything else goes wrong. Apart from a slight chest thrust in the direction of the instructor to see if they flinch, Naito doesn't engage the group and turns to walk away.

"Worked, didn't it?"

13. - Top - End - #643
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Momoka's House)

"Frankly, me either." Momoka offers a truly (if subtly) confused shrug before looking back to Gwyn. "Don't get yourself in trouble, dear sister."

Gwyn gives a sarcastic, yet rude gesture. "Not my ma."

Momoka rolls her eyes, smirks a bit and takes Setsurou's arm. "You are the greater shunpo expert. Lead the way."

(Command HQ)

"Mortals in Seireitei... truly different times we live in." Kusuma remarks this with amusement. "Very well, I at least will see this ambassador. It will do well to have a second set of eyes for dear old Masamune."

That was in fact a subtle jab at the man's age. Or apparent age.

(East Gate Hospital)

"..." The nurse's look sours. "...if you don't have a good reason, please get back to your bed. We have too much going on to be worrying about a missing patient. Let someone know if you need something."

With that, she turns to Shinji. "As for your friend... we've done what we can, but... his condition isn't proving. We've slowed the bleeding, but any attempts to address his apparent hollowfication simply intensify the issue. We've had to quarantine him in a secure wing of the hospital we had prepared for... other circumstances such as this, but... we're calling in a kido expert to see if she has any possible insights, because any medical procedure we have simply doesn't seem to be doing anything. And... to possibly prepare for the worst." She bows to Shinji with a grim look on her face.

"I'm sorry. We're trying to help him, but... the safety of others - including our other patients - comes first."

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Nielle lets out a screaming roar as the mask is torn off her face, revealing... one much like her own, a bestial visage with violet eyes burning with hate, and a great maw that is now snapping at Nuala even as she likely backs off.

"You stupid *****! I knew you were with him! I won't forget this, and I'll make sure you pay, even if I have to..." Really, it kind of just becomes easy to drown it out with how desperate and angry it becomes. The gates of hell begin to form behind her, prompting her to break free somewhat, digging her claws into the cold stone below and no longer letting out spiteful utterances so much as savage roars and yelps.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #644
    Orc in the Playground

[East Gate Hospital]

Shinji's expression sinks for a moment, as he tries, and fails, to hide his frustration. Taking a deep breath, he questions, "How long...
    do you think he has left?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #645
    Orc in the Playground

[Seireitei]
    (East Gate Hospital)

The nurse rises, once again giving a frown that gives context of someone who has bad news and really doesn't want to give it. "...we aren't sure. We're maintaining him as best we can, and we don't think he'll deteriorate any faster, but... the best I can say is a few days."

She lets out a tired, empathetic sigh. "...I'm really sorry. We think he might become lucid in that time, so... maybe you should speak to him." She doesn't say it, but... it's in her eyes. 'For possibly the last time'.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

The great, ornate gates rise from the ground, filling the entirety of the, honestly, vast corridor. The doors begin to slide open.

"Wait, I-"

And press Clovis against the wall once they are fully spread. Crossed chains separate the inside of the gate rom the outside, and a veil of crimson and wisps of black shroud the enormous figure on the other side. It looks down at Nuala and then at Nielle, before reaching out with its clawed arm and picking up the behemoth by the scruff as if she was a common cat.

Silently it takes Nielle in, and the gates close behind them, Clovis sliding down onto the floor and they let him free. And once the whole thing is finally shut, it slides back into the ground as if they had never been there in the first place.

It is silent for a moment.

"Groan..."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #647
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

She hadn't been expecting that. Between taking Nielle's mask for her own and getting out of the way of the demon's jaws, there was too little time left to react to the gates of Hell itself appearing here, of all places. Nuala could only look on, calculating, as she processes what's happening, and perhaps why.

Nuala steps down from her stairway in the wake of the behemoth's exit, allowing the sand to relax once again as she takes stock of the massive mask still in her hand, still gripped by the eye-holes. It remembers what it was once, to be fluid. Nuala had seen the transformation take place on more than a dozen demi-hollows. One of her mentors had a method for tracking them down just as they were about to turn, and made Nuala study how it happened. It could be fluid again.

The mask shivers, shaking apart into viscous bone, melting away in her hand. The liquid seizes, and begins to revert, but in a much smaller form. The rest of it pools around Nuala, forming clawed gauntlets that cover her hands, all the way up to her elbows. Some pieces worm their way through her hair, replacing softer beads with bone tubes and braces. The wild swirling patterns burn into place, and the whole hardens. Triumphant, she dons the mask over her own face.

"So," she begins, "Yer not the librarian." Her tone is somehow accusatory, but also very calm. Her patois is all but absent. "I suppose there's an explanation, overhind that deception. Why ya thought it were necessary at all. An' come to think of it, I never caught yer name. Mayhap on the rest o' the way, we could talk about these things."

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Clovis is still in his release state, but lying flat on his face on the ground, speaking into the dirt.

"Are you telling me you were still operating under the ludicrous assumption that I was the librarian?"

With a groan and a few very artificial creaks, the arrancar gets up, his flouncing almost looking like a puppet being pulled by the strings. He dusts himself, coughs and with a flourish, presents himself anew.

"Lady Nuala Byrne, it is with great honor and no small regret at the delay of it all that I present and introduce myself to you anew, I am Clovis Severin, Lord of Light and Glass, God of Mirth and Trickery, Servant of his Dread Majesty Erscheinung Von Geister, Court Jester of the Ghost King of All Hollows."

"I am your father."

No he isn't.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

"The kind of power you just displayed is connected to your survival instincts. So, when you are made to fight, they come to the fore.
    But you don't like to fight. So we will have to find some other way to condition that power in you."
    "....Like what?" Suguri asked, scratching at her fur.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #650
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "....Like what?" Suguri asked, scratching at her fur.
    "I don't know yet, but we'll figure it out. Maybe acrobatics. Meditation. The point is, it's dangerous for you to not have control over it,
    Suguri-chan."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't know yet, but we'll figure it out. Maybe acrobatics. Meditation. The point is, it's dangerous for you to not have control over it,
    Suguri-chan."
    Suguri tilted her head. "Why?" she asked.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #652
    Orc in the Playground

Oh goodie! The "why" phase.

"Because if you fly into a rage like that you risk hurting someone you care about. Not everyone is as strong as your grandpa or your daddy, you know."

- - - Updated - - -

[Momoka's House]

"Sure thing."

And with that, he jokingly motioned to pick Momoka up in his arms before setting off ahead of her. No worries about her keeping up, though.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Eastern Gate Hospital]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Soul Society; outside East Gate hospital]

The magenta haired girl falls quiet and blinks in surprise as Chuck speeds next to Naito. She stares at him wild wonderment as she's addressed. Then, recognition dawns on her face and she smiles widely, pointing at each of the Earthlings in turn. "Ooh! Ooh! I get it! You're from Earth, aren't you? You're... what's the word... Queensies! You fire bows! Like noble ladies of old!"

She pauses, and her smile changes to a more ponderous expression. "Though neither of you are very Lady-like. What a shame."

The academy instructor walks next to the girl and puts a hand on her shoulder. *Ahem* "Very observant, Zaraki-kun. However, you'd do better to remember your manners. Get back in line, please." He gently turns the girl around and pushes her towards the other recruits. He seems distracted, though, looking at the two Earthlings present, as if searching for something.
    Chuck just crosses his arms and quietly stands there.

"None of your business, kid. Run along."

He just gives the instructor a cool stare in return.
    Naito stares the girl down, unsure of whether to be flattered or insulted, but Chuck's presence defuses the situation before anything else goes wrong. Apart from a slight chest thrust in the direction of the instructor to see if they flinch, Naito doesn't engage the group and turns to walk away.

"Worked, didn't it?"
    Chuck waits until the group has moved on to sigh.

"I just don't want to make extra work for the maintenance people. You were lucky the window was open this time. Anyway. Are you still planning to go on a run?"

The question was delivered neutrally; Chuck's not pushing Naito one way or another.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

[Commander-General's Office, Command Division HQ]
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Soul Society]
    (Command HQ)

Kusuma considers this silently, his smirk dampening only slightly.

"...where is Wan now?" He breaks his silence with a simple question after allowing Masamune to speak.
    Masamune patiently awaits the answer to the question.
    [Command HQ]

"In a cell, under heavy observation, separated from his Zanpakutou. He has not spoken a word since we fought, as soon as he determined that he could not count on the cell guard to aid in his release.

This is a report of the damage he wrought during our confrontation. I'm sure it will illustrate why I thought incarceration was necessary, if a bit overkill."

The report also includes which bindings Wan Li Lin is under. It's probably more than warranted, but no less than he could escape under.

Masamune's request does not go unheeded either. Koutarou produces a tablet.

"I thought you may say that. Which is why I prep--"

There is a buzz on Koutarou's Reiphone. A quick side glance turns into a heavy frown as he realizes what it's about.

"...Black Tortoise King. It seems one of the mortals' friends was admitted to the East Gate Hospital a while ago. He is accompanied by one of the signataries of those treaties - the Grandmaster of the Kuzunoha clan.

I expect you might want to have words with him regarding the treaties themselves."
    For a moment at the mention of Wan Li Lin's situation, Masamune's eyes close and his brows furrow, before he relaxes with a faint nod.

"Yes, his sword is still existent. I do not detect any death-echoes."

His hand had just risen to start reaching for the tablet before he hears the phone buzz. He raises an eyebrow at the interruption, as well as the invitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Soul Society]
    (Command HQ)

"Mortals in Seireitei... truly different times we live in." Kusuma remarks this with amusement. "Very well, I at least will see this ambassador. It will do well to have a second set of eyes for dear old Masamune."

That was in fact a subtle jab at the man's age. Or apparent age.
    Masamune chuckles.

"That sounds like a sound plan, Kusuma. Please go speak with this representative. Perhaps in a short while the Commander and I will follow. I'd like to read over a few things first; I might need the doctor for the eye-strain!"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

24. - Top - End - #654
    Orc in the Playground

"There is also video and photographic evidence you may wish to review, Masamune-sama." Koutarou replied. "Kazuki-kun. Would you kindly show Kusuma-sama the path to the East Gate Hospital?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #655
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

Nuala presses her lips together gently, listening to arrancar's introduction with a nonplussed expression. It's possible she's no longer amused by his antics. "Tha's airy," she says at last. "Pleasure to meet you. As ye've gathered, I'm Nuala Byrne, proprietress and agent of Nonessentia. I've heard of some call me the Dragon Witch, but it's by na means a proper title."

She turns and allows him to walk first, just as her servants, Escarabajo and Saltamontes, catch up with them, both panting with exertion. Her eyes are pensive, attention barely on them, but to acknowledge their presence. "This Ghost King ya mentioned... na to be impudent, but scholar-like. What gives him the right to rule?"

(Commander-General's Office, Command Division HQ)

"I should like nothing more, Ishinomori-sotaichou," Kazuki says calmly, standing up to his full and frankly absurd height. Strangely, he didn't look quite so big from his sitting position, and despite towering well over seven feet, he manages to come off as unimposing. He begins to sweep his arms toward the door, which opens seemingly of its own accord. "Right this way, Kusuma-sama. While we walk, is there anything you would like, to make your time with us or our transit more comfortable?" He smiles slightly, pleased to make such an offer to such a prestigious guest.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh goodie! The "why" phase.

"Because if you fly into a rage like that you risk hurting someone you care about. Not everyone is as strong as your grandpa or your daddy, you know."
    Suguri was sad. "I didn't mean to...." she mumbled.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    (The Hive)

"Pleased to meet you."

Clovis does some stretches before pressing himself between his hands and sealing his release with a flash of light.

"And not really impudent, the question, he likes to issue it to others himself, when they make demands. As for the answer... Wisdom? The Ghost King knows much after all, he is a scholar too. Seniority? He was the second, and the first is dead. But the honest answer would be..."

"Puissance. Plain and simple, power gives him the right to rule. Mind you, the 'of all hollows' bit is pageantry, most hollows don't really know much about living in society. Well, and there are always other factions but we stomped most of these back in the day? Eh."

The arrancar walks down the corridor.

"As for your title, honestly, you look like neither a dragon nor a witch, believe me, I have seen plenty of both."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #658

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Eastern Gate Hospital]
    Chuck just crosses his arms and quietly stands there.

"None of your business, kid. Run along."

He just gives the instructor a cool stare in return.
    Chuck waits until the group has moved on to sigh.

"I just don't want to make extra work for the maintenance people. You were lucky the window was open this time. Anyway. Are you still planning to go on a run?"

The question was delivered neutrally; Chuck's not pushing Naito one way or another.
    "Relax. I'm not going to break anything. I checked."

More accurately, the window being open is what attracted Naito's attention in the first place.

"...Yeah. Need to move."

Assuming Chuck is coming along for the ride, Naito sets off at a fast but sustainable pace.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Command HQ)

Kusuma stands, bowing very slightly to Koutarou and Kazuki in turn. "Of course, my old friend. Don't stay cooped up too long, you should not strain your eyes." Then he actually takes stock of Kazuki. "My, you are a man built from solid foundation, aren't you?" He lets out a chuckle. "Lead on, o hopefully gentle giant."

(East End Hospital - Courtyard)

...there's a flutter in front of Naito and Chuck as a woman appears in a flash of shunpo, leaves kicking up at her appearance. She... seems a bit winded. Oh, hey. It's Momoka. Is she all right? She kind of vanished after the last time they met. She furrows her own brow as she leans against a wall to catch her breath.

"...aren't you friends of Kuzunoha? What are you doing here?"

((I almost forgot they'd met in the middle of those barrier shenanigans.))
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #660
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Suguri was sad. "I didn't mean to...." she mumbled.
    "I know you didn't, sweetie." Katsurou says as he pats her head. "And it's precisely to avoid you doing things you don't mean to do that we ought to make sure you can control it. That way you'll avoid feeling bad about those things. Do you understand?"

[East Gate Hospital]

Setsurou arrives shortly thereafter. With a bottle of water for his best girl.

Shinji looks up to Momoka with a slightly more relieved expression. "Momoka-san! I'm glad to see you're alright." The young Kuzunoha almost stumbles towards her. "Katsuo's aunt was kidnapped by Von Geister's daughter. We managed to beat her, but... she did something to Katsuo, we don't really know what. He's been in critical condition ever since. Doc Tobioka, our Master of the healing arts, said that you Shinigami might know what to do. So we brought him here."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2017-07-14 at 10:18 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show