New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World V

At this point, Sarah is like 90% sure that the cute but stupid Arrancar that wants to be the fourth Espada is either radioactive or something to do with Meteors.

Svetlana dodges back, bending fluidly to move out of the way and then flips and rolls behind the Shark. As she moved behind him, she swung one arm while releasing her grip on the other end of Cephalopoda, thus striking at the shark's back with one end of her weighted chain.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Orc in the Playground

[The Bar]
    "You mean sorta like an energy drink? I wouldn't know, never really had one of those available to test it. Those are basically condensed spirit particles, right? I'm not sure if my powers are, shall we say, compatible with those, but we could give it a shot sometime."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    At this point, Sarah is like 90% sure that the cute but stupid Arrancar that wants to be the fourth Espada is either radioactive or something to do with Meteors.

Svetlana dodges back, bending fluidly to move out of the way and then flips and rolls behind the Shark. As she moved behind him, she swung one arm while releasing her grip on the other end of Cephalopoda, thus striking at the shark's back with one end of her weighted chain.
    The shark-Hollow arched his back and turned, and while the chain struck, it did not hit head-on. The weight skipped along the shark's back, bouncing off into the open air.

Meanwhile, the Hollow's clawed hand snapped up, working to grab at the chain and keep Svetlana from easily using it, at least for a few moments.

"Why should we respect you? Are you truly strong enough?"
    ================================================== =======
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [The Bar]
    "You mean sorta like an energy drink? I wouldn't know, never really had one of those available to test it. Those are basically condensed spirit particles, right? I'm not sure if my powers are, shall we say, compatible with those, but we could give it a shot sometime."
    "Hm. Maybe we could shove Ginto contents into energy bars? I bet Shinji's folks could figure that one out. Anywho, something for later. So, you can wrap yourself in strong and/or invisible armor of varying sizes. But ultimately it's 'just' a super-suit, no big booms or blasts? Well, if you want to get in on all the shenanigans we're pulling, it sounds like you and Katsuo are our go-to front line, Teacher. If you don't want to be on the front line, I'd feel fine with you watching our backs, too."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #1114

Svetlana pulls back the chain just barely fast enough.

"Five of the strongest Arrancar in the Sexta district have come to contest my claim, each in their released form, and I have defeated three of them as a moderate effort at most in my sealed state. But, if that's not good enough for you..."

A burst of Sonido brings Svetlana to the far edge of the area in which the combatants are fighting. Hr chain is fully extended and wrapped aruond her, one weighted ling inserted into her hollow hole.

Where the observers are at, Sarah immediately covers her eyes.

"Strangle, Cefalópoda!"

In an instant, Svetlana is torn to pieces by her own zanpakuto as it vanishes within her. In an instant, her remains explode. In an instant, her reiryoku multiplies ten times over.

In an instant, dozens of tendrils, each twenty-five feet in length, emerge from the smoke of the explosion and dart to the shark with lightning speed, attempting to seize his limbs.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post

"Hm. Maybe we could shove Ginto contents into energy bars? I bet Shinji's folks could figure that one out. Anywho, something for later. So, you can wrap yourself in strong and/or invisible armor of varying sizes. But ultimately it's 'just' a super-suit, no big booms or blasts? Well, if you want to get in on all the shenanigans we're pulling, it sounds like you and Katsuo are our go-to front line, Teacher. If you don't want to be on the front line, I'd feel fine with you watching our backs, too."
    "Not the same way you kids have. Like I said, think of it like bullets. I've got handgun bullets, shotgun bullets, machinegun bullets, sniper rounds, grenades and even missiles, but bigger booms mean more energy going there. And of course, bigger armor means I can smash into comparatively bigger things or more things at once, though it is less practical than it sounds. Plus, the armor itself can fly, even if I can't. Since I can control the individual pieces, that means I can attack from different angles too."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Orc in the Playground

[Elsewhere]

You know what the worst part of trying to find your friend in a hospital after another one has been cracked like an eggshell and you look too young, too short and not injured enough to be there is?

No one pays any attention to you.

Try as he might, Shinji is currently completely lost in one of the other medical facilities of Seireitei where Katsuo as well as hundreds of other patients have been moved to, and particularly since the disaster provoked new injuries on older patients, some of them critical. He is a little disoriented himself, has been since he got here, so he can't bring himself to stop a nurse or doctor in order to try and find his friend.

Lucky for him, Masaru needed to get himself checked out for contaminants after the battle with Felicia. To the Captain of the Combat Division, the young onmyouji should be easy enough to spot.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Svetlana pulls back the chain just barely fast enough.

"Five of the strongest Arrancar in the Sexta district have come to contest my claim, each in their released form, and I have defeated three of them as a moderate effort at most in my sealed state. But, if that's not good enough for you..."

A burst of Sonido brings Svetlana to the far edge of the area in which the combatants are fighting. Hr chain is fully extended and wrapped aruond her, one weighted ling inserted into her hollow hole.

Where the observers are at, Sarah immediately covers her eyes.

"Strangle, Cefalópoda!"

In an instant, Svetlana is torn to pieces by her own zanpakuto as it vanishes within her. In an instant, her remains explode. In an instant, her reiryoku multiplies ten times over.

In an instant, dozens of tendrils, each twenty-five feet in length, emerge from the smoke of the explosion and dart to the shark with lightning speed, attempting to seize his limbs.
    The shark's movements were swift enough only one arm was grasped. His other, clawed hand slashed at the tendrils, even as he tried to move his arm so his sharp, sandpaper-like skin could wear away at the ropy limbs from within.

"It's not just what's good enough for me, it's what's good for the District and the City."

His mouth opens wider, and he seeks to bite her tendrils and tear strips out.

=========================================

"Not the same way you kids have. Like I said, think of it like bullets. I've got handgun bullets, shotgun bullets, machinegun bullets, sniper rounds, grenades and even missiles, but bigger booms mean more energy going there. And of course, bigger armor means I can smash into comparatively bigger things or more things at once, though it is less practical than it sounds. Plus, the armor itself can fly, even if I can't. Since I can control the individual pieces, that means I can attack from different angles too."
    "My point is, from what you're describing, the best way to leverage your strength without you running out of gas too soon is as the versatile front-line member. I can fight up close, but unless I go full-bore from the get-go, I've got to stay super-mobile, and I kind of want to try fighting at range some for a bit. I'm hitting my current limits in terms of raw melee, and I don't think I'll manage much better without a longer training period."

================================================== ===================

[Elsewhere]

You know what the worst part of trying to find your friend in a hospital after another one has been cracked like an eggshell and you look too young, too short and not injured enough to be there is?

No one pays any attention to you.

Try as he might, Shinji is currently completely lost in one of the other medical facilities of Seireitei where Katsuo as well as hundreds of other patients have been moved to, and particularly since the disaster provoked new injuries on older patients, some of them critical. He is a little disoriented himself, has been since he got here, so he can't bring himself to stop a nurse or doctor in order to try and find his friend.

Lucky for him, Masaru needed to get himself checked out for contaminants after the battle with Felicia. To the Captain of the Combat Division, the young onmyouji should be easy enough to spot.
    Masaru was finishing up his paperwork after the last quick exam dubbed him clean and ready for duty. He noticed Shinji wandering about and walked over.

"May I help you, young man? You look a bit lost."

8. - Top - End - #1118

While scratching breaks a few tendrils, biting proves completely ineffective--These things are pencil thin and rather rubbery. All biting manages to do is get a couple stuck between the shark's teeth for a few seconds.

"Right now, what LAs Noches needs are strong leaders--strong enough to protect it from its enemies, firm enough to enforce the law, but gentle enough to nurture and foster the growth of its citizens into their best and strongest selves."

She starts pulling on the arm she managed to grab onto.

"We all have obligation to this city, to each other, and to the individual citizens whom we meet and form bonds with, but beyond basic loyalty, those obligations are left to us to learn and assume. A common thought that one's obligations of loyalty to the city take precedent, but this is folly: To make one citizen stronger, to protect one comrade from an enemy, to show mercy to a rival so that he may learn... All make the City Stronger. And what's best for the city is that which is best for all, or at least the large majority, of its citizens. From the city entire down to the meerest of citizens, every obligation you assume is of equal weight because ultimately that which is in the best interest of all numeros is in the best interest of the city entire and vice versa."

"It is in my nature to protect and guide. As a citizen of Las Noches, it is my obligation to do so for as many of its citizens as possible so that they can continue to learn and grow. Beyond my power, I would be best able to fulfill my own obligations to both the city and to its individuals from the position of a leader who is already supposed to do that which is in my nature to do."

And now the pull gets stronger, as Svetlana tries to toss the shark by his arm into the dome above the city.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Orc in the Playground

[The Bar]

"My problem isn't staying power. As long as I stick to a personal scale, I can go for a while. The problem lies afterwards if I'm too spent. That's why I try to finish things quick; battles of attrition aren't my forte.

I think you might be underestimating how much diversity melee has to offer. You might just need some new tricks. What's your style?"

[Back at the hospital]

"Ah, Captain!" Shinji notes hurriedly and bows deeply in respect. "Thank you so much for helping my friend after everything that happened. I can't help but feel responsible for bringing that monster Felicia to Soul Society."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

While scratching breaks a few tendrils, biting proves completely ineffective--These things are pencil thin and rather rubbery. All biting manages to do is get a couple stuck between the shark's teeth for a few seconds.

"Right now, what LAs Noches needs are strong leaders--strong enough to protect it from its enemies, firm enough to enforce the law, but gentle enough to nurture and foster the growth of its citizens into their best and strongest selves."

She starts pulling on the arm she managed to grab onto.

"We all have obligation to this city, to each other, and to the individual citizens whom we meet and form bonds with, but beyond basic loyalty, those obligations are left to us to learn and assume. A common thought that one's obligations of loyalty to the city take precedent, but this is folly: To make one citizen stronger, to protect one comrade from an enemy, to show mercy to a rival so that he may learn... All make the City Stronger. And what's best for the city is that which is best for all, or at least the large majority, of its citizens. From the city entire down to the meerest of citizens, every obligation you assume is of equal weight because ultimately that which is in the best interest of all numeros is in the best interest of the city entire and vice versa."

"It is in my nature to protect and guide. As a citizen of Las Noches, it is my obligation to do so for as many of its citizens as possible so that they can continue to learn and grow. Beyond my power, I would be best able to fulfill my own obligations to both the city and to its individuals from the position of a leader who is already supposed to do that which is in my nature to do."

And now the pull gets stronger, as Svetlana tries to toss the shark by his arm into the dome above the city.
    A shark's teeth are nothing so much as serrated blades, so a bite from one has as much chance of slicing and tearing as it does piercing. Still, Svetlana is a prospective Espada, so her resilience is expected.

At the length and complexity of Svetlana's answer, the shark grins, even as it is slammed into the dome. It hangs there only a moment before falling to the ground. From the crater, the slightly-pained words float up.

"I yield. You have satisfied me."

Before she even has a chance to untangle him, the final challenger steps up. They are already transformed, and are the most inhuman of the lot, showing clearly arthropod heritage, with a chitinous shell and many limbs. Though a rather colorful one, at that.

"I am but a humble challenger, milady, oh yes. Let us test our strengths, hm?"

Okay his voice is kind of creepy, but he's holding off until she's untangled from sharkboy at least.
    ================================================== ==================================
    [The Bar]

"My problem isn't staying power. As long as I stick to a personal scale, I can go for a while. The problem lies afterwards if I'm too spent. That's why I try to finish things quick; battles of attrition aren't my forte.

I think you might be underestimating how much diversity melee has to offer. You might just need some new tricks. What's your style?"
    Chuck shrugged.

"Just tossing ideas out, Mister Hasunaga. Point is, we have a general grasp of that. As for me...if I'm not using Vollstandig, I'm either using one of my Seele Schneider, which are basically lightsabers, or the Hochroter Beschützer: Fassen der Gerechten, which are basically spinning punch-fist-gauntlets. So, I guess aggressive, with a big of favoring to dual-wielding. I tend to kind of try to dip in and out of close-up, though; just a bit too squishy. My Blut Vene's not the best.

If I'm in Vollstandig, then I have either a big spear, or a big honkin' sword. I tend to be pretty aggressive when I'm in Vollstandig; I have lots of armor, so I can afford to be.
    "
    =============================================
    [Back at the hospital]

"Ah, Captain!" Shinji notes hurriedly and bows deeply in respect. "Thank you so much for helping my friend after everything that happened. I can't help but feel responsible for bringing that monster Felicia to Soul Society."
    "I can't say we love the forced rennovations, but cleansing one of Von Geister's brood wasn't a bad consolation prize. That we kept your friend from falling into full-on Hollow-dom is a welcome bonus. It's just sad things got that far."

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Orc in the Playground

[At the bar]

"Figures. Your approach is typical of your continent of origin.

Nothing wrong with that, mind you. It's just that we Japanese are about doing 'more with less'. The typical hunter will tell you that you can't kill an elephant with a revolver. The typical Japanese will tell you that there's a way a to do just that, and then will set out to find it.

I don't think you've reached the limits of your melee, Chuck. You've just started scratching a larger surface of a vast world of conflict.

If you'd like, I can show you what I mean later. Maybe these old bones got a little teaching left in them yet."

[At the hospital]

"I simply don't have enough apologies in me to cover the damages." Shinji admits, blushing in embarrassment for what feels like the first time in... ever? Masaru hasn't known the young Kuzunoha long, else he might note that this lack of composure is VERY unlike him. He gives off a feeling like he's more than just lost - he's out of his depth in many ways. "The limits of my foresight are... honestly becoming bothersome. But I am loathe to depend much longer on such a thing."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1122

Svetlana untangles herself from the shark and reclaims the few tendrils he managed to sever and devour them. It's considerably less messy than when she did the same with her arm.

"Tell, arthropod... Why do you want to be an Espada?"

And she prepares herself for the shrimp's attack.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[At the bar]

"Figures. Your approach is typical of your continent of origin.

Nothing wrong with that, mind you. It's just that we Japanese are about doing 'more with less'. The typical hunter will tell you that you can't kill an elephant with a revolver. The typical Japanese will tell you that there's a way a to do just that, and then will set out to find it.

I don't think you've reached the limits of your melee, Chuck. You've just started scratching a larger surface of a vast world of conflict.

If you'd like, I can show you what I mean later. Maybe these old bones got a little teaching left in them yet."

"I won't deny I've got plenty of learning to do, still. I've had to make a lot of this up along the way. I know I'm probably a small croc in a big pond, but on the flip side, I've made it this far, yeah?"
    ================================================== ================
    [At the hospital]

"I simply don't have enough apologies in me to cover the damages." Shinji admits, blushing in embarrassment for what feels like the first time in... ever? Masaru hasn't known the young Kuzunoha long, else he might note that this lack of composure is VERY unlike him. He gives off a feeling like he's more than just lost - he's out of his depth in many ways. "The limits of my foresight are... honestly becoming bothersome. But I am loathe to depend much longer on such a thing."
    Masaru shrugged.

"That one strange girl with you, the one who talks like a computer, has been a big help. And again, while the damage was bad, we were glad the result wasn't worse. Besides, that walking abomination that calls itself a Ghost King would have probably pulled something similar with one of his 'children' sooner or later.

I do think you're wise not leaning over-much on foresight, though. Such a talent seems dubious at best, and if things were so different now, who's to say this is the only time it will happen to be wrong?
    "
    Svetlana untangles herself from the shark and reclaims the few tendrils he managed to sever and devour them. It's considerably less messy than when she did the same with her arm.

"Tell, arthropod... Why do you want to be an Espada?"

And she prepares herself for the shrimp's attack.
    "Because I'm sick of being overlooked for my ungainly appearance, and for living in a battered and forgotten District. Because I'm strong, and I aim to prove it."

One of his club-like limbs snaped at Svetlana, and a sound-infused Bala roared toward her. At testing, probing strike.

14. - Top - End - #1124

Moving with surprising agility for a big ball of floppy tentacles, Svetlana easily shifts herself out of the way, allowing the Bala to pass through empty space before moving back into place.

"A fair enough reason."

A dozen tendrils are extended, a green Bala forming at the tip of each one, and with a flick, each Bala is sent flying at the shrimp.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Orc in the Playground

"I won't deny I've got plenty of learning to do, still. I've had to make a lot of this up along the way. I know I'm probably a small croc in a big pond, but on the flip side, I've made it this far, yeah?"
    ================================================== ================
    Masaru shrugged.

"That one strange girl with you, the one who talks like a computer, has been a big help. And again, while the damage was bad, we were glad the result wasn't worse. Besides, that walking abomination that calls itself a Ghost King would have probably pulled something similar with one of his 'children' sooner or later.

I do think you're wise not leaning over-much on foresight, though. Such a talent seems dubious at best, and if things were so different now, who's to say this is the only time it will happen to be wrong?
    "
    "Because I'm sick of being overlooked for my ungainly appearance, and for living in a battered and forgotten District. Because I'm strong, and I aim to prove it."

One of his club-like limbs snaped at Svetlana, and a sound-infused Bala roared toward her. At testing, probing strike.
    [The Bar]

"Hey, far be it from me to diss your skill. For someone so young you do have a lot of ability under your belt.

I'm just reminded of what a teacher of mine told me once. That sometimes it's not the depth of your skill but the breadth of your experience that makes the difference. I ain't no master, though I've had plenty of time to practice."

[The Hospital]

Oh, if only Masaru knew how literal Shinji was being. The boy suddenly stares dead-eyed ahead for a few seconds, as if in a trance, before he shakes what looks like he'd been stunned off.

The change of subject may come as off as bizarre as it is sudden. "And for what it's worth, I'm also sorry you had such a big misunderstanding with Hasunaga-sensei. It's... kind of ironic, but I get the feeling the two of you would've gotten along better under different circumstances."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1126

[?????]

Her eyes snapped open. Something was different. She wasn't quite sure yet, but she could feel it in her bones.

She left her hideaway in the old plantation house and looked into the alien sky full of decrepit skyscrapers and the massive, pink, bloody, fleshy thing that was the Sun of this plane.

She then looked to the cancerous, inky black masses connecting the buildings in the sky but unable to touch the bloody sun. she frowned as she was reminded of the constant frustration at the injustice of their presence in this world.

Soon. Soon she'd be able to correct the damage done to this place and avenge the Injustice done against her beloved master. She could feel it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moving with surprising agility for a big ball of floppy tentacles, Svetlana easily shifts herself out of the way, allowing the Bala to pass through empty space before moving back into place.

"A fair enough reason."

A dozen tendrils are extended, a green Bala forming at the tip of each one, and with a flick, each Bala is sent flying at the shrimp.
    The shrimp moves, speed belied by his bulk, as the strange club-arm, and its mirror twin, begin moving at incredible speeds. After all, the regular, mortal Mantis Shrimp can snap its limbs fast enough to produce sparks of light due to supercavitation. How much moreso can a being such as this move his limbs at incredible speed? In short, he matches Svetlana Bala-for-Bala, though not quite able to exceed her speed. Of course, his regular humanoid arms are busy...is that a Cero? My my, yes it is!

Turiel's eyes have sparked with interest, and he leans forward a bit, paying even more attention.

================================================== ==========================

[The Bar]

"Hey, far be it from me to diss your skill. For someone so young you do have a lot of ability under your belt.

I'm just reminded of what a teacher of mine told me once. That sometimes it's not the depth of your skill but the breadth of your experience that makes the difference. I ain't no master, though I've had plenty of time to practice."

[The Hospital]

Oh, if only Masaru knew how literal Shinji was being. The boy suddenly stares dead-eyed ahead for a few seconds, as if in a trance, before he shakes what looks like he'd been stunned off.

The change of subject may come as off as bizarre as it is sudden. "And for what it's worth, I'm also sorry you had such a big misunderstanding with Hasunaga-sensei. It's... kind of ironic, but I get the feeling the two of you would've gotten along better under different circumstances."
    "I'm pretty sure you're being over-generous, kid. That wasn't a misunderstanding. It was an argument that turned into a fight, because we're both bull-headed men of action who like to talk with our fists. It's okay, we worked it out. Mostly."

18. - Top - End - #1128

Svetlana keeps up the barrage of Balas but her eyes widen at the sight of the forming Cero...

With the speed and enhanced properties of the shrimp-Arrancar's Balas, it was almost inevitable that there would be some enhancement to it's Cero.

Standard tactics were to dodge or form your own cero to counter, but the shrimp was on roughly the same level of power as her--the fact that her Bala hand't overpowered it's own was proof of that--and unlike her was coming into this fresh.

That, and he had a head start on charging his Cero, which was never a good sign.

She'd have to stop throwing Balas to dodge, meaning she'd get hit and taking too many hits would leave her a sitting duck.

Svetlana sighed and brought four loose tendrils up to her mouth. She really hoped this worked--she'd never tried it before.

She bit down on her own tentacles. hard. A moment later she pulled them from her mouth and steam rose from them as the bite wounds healed.

Meanwhile, a small pool of blood sat at the bottom of her mouth, and a little more coated her teeth.

She opened wide and began forming a Cero in her mouth, letting the swirling reiryoku absorb the blood in her mouth.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Orc in the Playground

[That bar]

"Heh. Ain't like there's a whole school just for those, really.

Even in spirits, the head is still the most vulnerable part of the body. Nearly every dirty trick in the book is meant for a momentary advantage and the head concentrates the most senses out of everywhere else in a humanoid anatomy. Cuts just below the brow bleed like hell. Hit just behind and below the ear leaves your head ringing if done right. Pinpoint hit right here?"
    He points to a very specific spot halfway between the nose and the eye, "Done right, it drowns the opponent because it stimulates the tear ducts and blocks them from the damage. But with Hollows all of those tricks will only buy you a moment, maybe two, on account of their regeneration. So your right hand's gotta be moving at the same time your left does. That moment better be the time when you finish, because dirty tricks never work twice." He takes a hold of his glass for a sip. "You can use that to psych your opponent out, though. It's a natural reaction to guard the same spot someone used to trick you with. You can use that to leave a different spot unguarded."

=====================================

[The Hospital]

"...mostly?" Shinji asks in genuine curiosity. "Though I suppose if neither one of you ended up lying down here, that just means you guys got it out of your system." Shinji can't help but look around; it's like everything and anything draws his attention. Considering how busy the hospital looks, it's probably not surprising, but even then it seems weird how he tries to take everything in.

That looks even weirder when the boy's normally purple irises glow golden and gain a shape much like a fox's eyes.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Svetlana keeps up the barrage of Balas but her eyes widen at the sight of the forming Cero...

With the speed and enhanced properties of the shrimp-Arrancar's Balas, it was almost inevitable that there would be some enhancement to it's Cero.

Standard tactics were to dodge or form your own cero to counter, but the shrimp was on roughly the same level of power as her--the fact that her Bala hand't overpowered it's own was proof of that--and unlike her was coming into this fresh.

That, and he had a head start on charging his Cero, which was never a good sign.

She'd have to stop throwing Balas to dodge, meaning she'd get hit and taking too many hits would leave her a sitting duck.

Svetlana sighed and brought four loose tendrils up to her mouth. She really hoped this worked--she'd never tried it before.

She bit down on her own tentacles. hard. A moment later she pulled them from her mouth and steam rose from them as the bite wounds healed.

Meanwhile, a small pool of blood sat at the bottom of her mouth, and a little more coated her teeth.

She opened wide and began forming a Cero in her mouth, letting the swirling reiryoku absorb the blood in her mouth.
    The shrimp-Hollow's eyes had no lids, so seeing them visibly widen in panic at Svetlana's strategy was most impressive. For a few moments his gaze flitted back and forth, before he seemed to settle on a course of action.

Which turned out to be "shoot Cero at ground while ceasing Bala fire, and curling up to present the hardest parts of the shell to the Gran Ray Cero". Ideally, this would mean he only lost some of said shell, rather than getting torn in half, or worse.

================================================== ========
    [That bar]

"Heh. Ain't like there's a whole school just for those, really.

Even in spirits, the head is still the most vulnerable part of the body. Nearly every dirty trick in the book is meant for a momentary advantage and the head concentrates the most senses out of everywhere else in a humanoid anatomy. Cuts just below the brow bleed like hell. Hit just behind and below the ear leaves your head ringing if done right. Pinpoint hit right here?"
    He points to a very specific spot halfway between the nose and the eye, "Done right, it drowns the opponent because it stimulates the tear ducts and blocks them from the damage. But with Hollows all of those tricks will only buy you a moment, maybe two, on account of their regeneration. So your right hand's gotta be moving at the same time your left does. That moment better be the time when you finish, because dirty tricks never work twice." He takes a hold of his glass for a sip. "You can use that to psych your opponent out, though. It's a natural reaction to guard the same spot someone used to trick you with. You can use that to leave a different spot unguarded."
    "Hm. Makese sense. Keep them guessing. Plus side of how my abilities ended up manifesting, is I can keep changing up not just where, but how I'm attacking enemies. Hm"

He idly drums his fingers on the table.

"So...try to think several steps ahead, with the goal being to basically manipulate their strong and weak points in their defense until I can exploit an opening to do some real hurt?"

[The Hospital]

"...mostly?" Shinji asks in genuine curiosity. "Though I suppose if neither one of you ended up lying down here, that just means you guys got it out of your system." Shinji can't help but look around; it's like everything and anything draws his attention. Considering how busy the hospital looks, it's probably not surprising, but even then it seems weird how he tries to take everything in.

That looks even weirder when the boy's normally purple irises glow golden and gain a shape much like a fox's eyes.
    "There's a lot of junk that went into that fight, kid. Can't expect it'll all be cleared up at once. But yeah, I think we got the real-deal punch-throwing out of our system."

He blinked at the change in the boy's eyes.

"You okay, kid? Your eyes bothering you?"

21. - Top - End - #1131

The shrimp-Hollow's eyes had no lids, so seeing them visibly widen in panic at Svetlana's strategy was most impressive. For a few moments his gaze flitted back and forth, before he seemed to settle on a course of action.

Which turned out to be "shoot Cero at ground while ceasing Bala fire, and curling up to present the hardest parts of the shell to the Gran Ray Cero". Ideally, this would mean he only lost some of said shell, rather than getting torn in half, or worse.
    Yeah, that seems about accurate.

The blast clears. Up with the observers, Sarah has since summoned her armor in case of collateral damage. If Turiel is paying attention he might note that it's slightly thicker than it was when last he saw it and that it has a silver ring where once there was a stylized sternum on the breastplate.

And Svetlana is nowhere near where she was when she fired the blast? Where is she? Between the pressure she emits in her ressurecion, the ambient energy from the Cero Blast, and the huge burst or pressure she let out earlier to draw attention to her claim, it may be difficult to find her with energy sensing techniques.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Orc in the Playground

================================================== ========
    "Hm. Makese sense. Keep them guessing. Plus side of how my abilities ended up manifesting, is I can keep changing up not just where, but how I'm attacking enemies. Hm"

He idly drums his fingers on the table.

"So...try to think several steps ahead, with the goal being to basically manipulate their strong and weak points in their defense until I can exploit an opening to do some real hurt?"

"There's a lot of junk that went into that fight, kid. Can't expect it'll all be cleared up at once. But yeah, I think we got the real-deal punch-throwing out of our system."

He blinked at the change in the boy's eyes.

"You okay, kid? Your eyes bothering you?"
    [The bar]

"That's one way to go. Doesn't always work; some guys just have tight-knit defenses like that and won't take a sucker punch to the jaw. But you got plenty of tools if you need to outlast them, whittle them down. All depends on your objective at the time.

Main thing, though: you have to be flexible. You're gonna find out that there is no such thing as a single strategy that beats everyone. You'll have your favorites, of course, but sometimes you gotta improvise. Creativity can do wonders in a pinch.

Don't let your opponent catch you thinking hard in the middle of a fight. Plans gotta come to you naturally, second-nature. Combat's a lot like a dance that way, and you can't be tripped up if the music changes. That all making sense? I feel like I'm going a bit far with the analogies."

[The Hospital]

A disembodied, female voice seems to assail Masaru's ears. Kid this, kid that. Just because a grandmaster is young doesn't mean you shouldn't show some respect, you know. The voice doesn't seem to belong to a presence that Masaru can easily identify; it only takes that long for Shinji's eyes to return to normal.

"Apologies. I feel a bit... overwhelmed since I first arrived in Soul Society, Captain. I'll be fine with a little rest, but... if it's not too much trouble, could you guide me somewhere a bit less crowded?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah, that seems about accurate.

The blast clears. Up with the observers, Sarah has since summoned her armor in case of collateral damage. If Turiel is paying attention he might note that it's slightly thicker than it was when last he saw it and that it has a silver ring where once there was a stylized sternum on the breastplate.

And Svetlana is nowhere near where she was when she fired the blast? Where is she? Between the pressure she emits in her ressurecion, the ambient energy from the Cero Blast, and the huge burst or pressure she let out earlier to draw attention to her claim, it may be difficult to find her with energy sensing techniques.
    The shrimp Arrancar lands in a crouch, his shining, segmented eyes glancing around as he curls up on himself a bit. His larger, inhuman arms twitch now and again, producing slight cracking sounds like small gunshots. His humanoid hands clench and unclench as he works his way slowly away from the immediate area of the fight, seeking to find "clearer" ground without dropping his guard.
    ================================================== =======================
    [The bar]

"That's one way to go. Doesn't always work; some guys just have tight-knit defenses like that and won't take a sucker punch to the jaw. But you got plenty of tools if you need to outlast them, whittle them down. All depends on your objective at the time.

Main thing, though: you have to be flexible. You're gonna find out that there is no such thing as a single strategy that beats everyone. You'll have your favorites, of course, but sometimes you gotta improvise. Creativity can do wonders in a pinch.

Don't let your opponent catch you thinking hard in the middle of a fight. Plans gotta come to you naturally, second-nature. Combat's a lot like a dance that way, and you can't be tripped up if the music changes. That all making sense? I feel like I'm going a bit far with the analogies."

[The Hospital]

A disembodied, female voice seems to assail Masaru's ears. Kid this, kid that. Just because a grandmaster is young doesn't mean you shouldn't show some respect, you know. The voice doesn't seem to belong to a presence that Masaru can easily identify; it only takes that long for Shinji's eyes to return to normal.

"Apologies. I feel a bit... overwhelmed since I first arrived in Soul Society, Captain. I'll be fine with a little rest, but... if it's not too much trouble, could you guide me somewhere a bit less crowded?"
    [Bar]
    "Not gonna like, Mister Hasunaga, at this point it's sounding like you're giving me one of those speeches that amounts to 'I can't teach you in here any more, you need to learn out there. Not that that's bad! But...I dunno? I do what I can to be flexible and creative already, it's the sort of thing Hunters get taught as early as we can learn it. At this point, I guess I'm wondering if we should, like, formally inquire about how to work with the Reapers? At least until we clear out the Goopy Disease Family."

============================================
    [Hospital]

Masaru tensed as he heard a voice with no source. He didn't make any radical movements, but it pushed him to high alert. He had a poor history with the disembodied voice of a woman rattling into his head, after all. When Shinji asked to move, he nodded slowly.

"Yes, of course. I am assuming you are discharged? If so, we can go to my Division's compound. There's an open-air office overlooking some of the training grounds that should give you some space and privacy. If you need sleeping accommodations, I will inquire with the Logistics and Command Divisions."

He seemed reluctant to bring up the voice just yet, even as they started walking.

24. - Top - End - #1134

The shrimp Arrancar lands in a crouch, his shining, segmented eyes glancing around as he curls up on himself a bit. His larger, inhuman arms twitch now and again, producing slight cracking sounds like small gunshots. His humanoid hands clench and unclench as he works his way slowly away from the immediate area of the fight, seeking to find "clearer" ground without dropping his guard.
    No sign of her.

Still no sign of her...

Then, the sound of Sonido.

Svetlana, returned to her sealed form, appears from the aether, Cefalopoda wrapped around her right fist and forearm, coming in fast to attempt to punch the shrimp in the head.

For the split second, after she becomes visible, she seems almost... Manic.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Orc in the Playground

[At the bar]

"Can't fault you for thinking like that. All we're doing is talking, this is a lot about feeling. More easily learned through doing.

And isn't that what you guys came up here for?"

[At the hospital]

"That would be great, thanks." Shinji replies simply. "And yes, I have no physical injuries, but I'm not actually tired. More like overwhelmed. I just need a quiet space to think, and maybe talk things over. I apologize for bothering you with such a task."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Las Noches]
    No sign of her.

Still no sign of her...

Then, the sound of Sonido.

Svetlana, returned to her sealed form, appears from the aether, Cefalopoda wrapped around her right fist and forearm, coming in fast to attempt to punch the shrimp in the head.

For the split second, after she becomes visible, she seems almost... Manic.
    The shrimp's eyes were well beyond the strength of normal Arrancar or Hollow eyes, owing to the animal whose form inspires his own. Thus, he did see Svetlana coming.

The problem is, he cannot fully react in time. He turns enough that his club-arms are able to snap out counter-blows at blinding speeds....but he cannot dodge her strike. It hits him full in the face, and sends him flying back, bits of chitin going everywhere even as he lands and rolls. For several moments, there's no movement. Then, his body glows and shrinks, until he is a human-looking Arrancar once more, whose mask fragment frames his lower jaw with mandibles.

He stands, his knees shaking, and nods at Svetlana.
    "I yield the field of battle to you, Espada."
    And then he falls over unconscious.
    ================================================== =================
    [At the bar]

"Can't fault you for thinking like that. All we're doing is talking, this is a lot about feeling. More easily learned through doing.

And isn't that what you guys came up here for?"

[At the hospital]

"That would be great, thanks." Shinji replies simply. "And yes, I have no physical injuries, but I'm not actually tired. More like overwhelmed. I just need a quiet space to think, and maybe talk things over. I apologize for bothering you with such a task."
    [Bar]

"Our main reason for all coming here now was to help Katsuo, and also help keep him contained, if things got bad."
    He grimaced.
    "Which they did."

================================================== =================

[Hospital->Combat Division]

Captain Masaru smiles faintly.

"I understand the need for quiet at times. And don't consider it a bother; I'm checked out and ready to leave, and heading toward my Division anyway. Besides, you are at least an honored guest, if not a diplomat, yes? Young that you might be?"

As they moved out, he slid into a position where Shinji could tell the Captain could move to intercept an attack from virtually any angle. It was done seemingly without conscious thought, simply a natural consequence of Shinji being there. Clearly the Captain was taking the "diplomat" bit seriously.

27. - Top - End - #1137

[Las Noches]
    The shrimp's eyes were well beyond the strength of normal Arrancar or Hollow eyes, owing to the animal whose form inspires his own. Thus, he did see Svetlana coming.

The problem is, he cannot fully react in time. He turns enough that his club-arms are able to snap out counter-blows at blinding speeds....but he cannot dodge her strike. It hits him full in the face, and sends him flying back, bits of chitin going everywhere even as he lands and rolls. For several moments, there's no movement. Then, his body glows and shrinks, until he is a human-looking Arrancar once more, whose mask fragment frames his lower jaw with mandibles.

He stands, his knees shaking, and nods at Svetlana.
    "I yield the field of battle to you, Espada."
    And then he falls over unconscious.
    No challengers left.

It's about evening.

Sexta Espada Svetlana Svetellegavanette calms from her manic state and smiles.

"My first official act as Espada is one of clarification. To remove all ambiguity, the human child Sarah Smith is a full citizen of Las Noches with all the rights and responsibilities that entail."

Sarah, still armored, kind of bashfully shies away from any attention brought to her by this.

"I'm also formally appointing her as my sole Francione."

"I...uh... I don't know what that means? We never got to that part when explaining how..."

Somewhere, a random observer laughs.

"In human terms, I believe the equivalent is somewhere between a personal minion and a secretary. For the most part, you'd be no different from a Numero working under me, but you'd be able to act or speak for me if I were unavailable. Essentially, you'd have most of the same rights I as an Espada do... and any attack on you would be treated as an attack on me... Of course, it also means that your behavior would be a reflection on me."

Sarah is silent for a moment.

"...A-are you sure you wanna do that?"

"Regardless of the circumstances of your entering into my care, child, you've been rather well behaved in your time with me and have given me no reason to doubt that you won't do your absolute best to live up to the responsibilities I'm entrusting you with."

"Uh, um... Thank you, Ma'am."

"Now, return to our current abode and make sure your possessions are together. We won't be relocating to the Sexta's Palace immediately, but it's good to be prepared. I'll be after shortly."

"Yes Ma'am!"

Sarah zips off in a flash of bringer light.

A few observers from the fringes start getting closer, now that the fighting is done.

"Now that the clarifications are done: I'll admit the downside of what I've said before: I'm a guardian and a nurturer, not a civic planner nor an Architect. The Sexta District is damaged, and I'll admit that repairing it is outside my area of expertise. But, the sign of a good leader is knowing when to delegate. I'm looking for volunteers to spend the next few days surveying the district, making note of the damage--what buildings can be salvaged and which will need to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch--as well as collecting the opinions of the residents on what should be prioritized first. Are there any hollows here willing to take that job?"

About four faceless grunts raise their hands. Svetlana motions them to the side, intending to give more detailed instructions in a moment.

She turns to her most formidable opponents and requests that if any of them are going to leave to seek medical attention that they take the shrimp with them.

All the while, she has an eye and ear open for Turiel's reaction to her first actions and decrees.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2019-03-25 at 11:13 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Orc in the Playground

[The Bar]

"I could feel you guys' spiritual pressure, but I figured something else had made its way here. But then the place was crawling with Shinigami already, their higher-ups even. Figured you guys would be safe no matter what happened." Hasunaga points out, sipping again. "...hey. If you want to get something off your chest, I'm listenin'. Promise I won't tell a soul."

===========

[The Hospital]

Shinji smiles. It's faint, but sincere. "Thank you." And so he walks. Every so often, his gaze seems to wander as if he's looking at nothing in particular, but he keeps on walking. "I guess I'm something like that. You seem a little hung-up on my age." He speaks matter-of-factly; he doesn't sound offended. "If it makes you feel any better, I'm no more comfortable with diplomatic matters than you are, Captain." The boy seems to have regained some of his composure. "It's alright. You can speak frankly to me. I do not take offense easily, and besides, it would be refreshing to have people treat me as someone my own age for once."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1139

Las Noches

It's about an hour later when Svetlana finishes up with her first-few acts as Espada and returns home.

Sarah is packing some things up together, deciding if she should put her sleeping bag in her backpack or not...

"My child? Are you certain you wouldn't prefer a bed? I'm more than capable of getting you one, now."

"It's fine. I'm used to it--I can't sleep if I'm too comfortable, anyway."

Svetlana hums. "That's something we're going to have to work on."

"Ma'am? Why did you decide to become the Espada?"

"It is as I said early. To protect and nurture is in my nature, and to protect and nurture the city and its citizens is part of an Espada's job. Besides, I have of my own will assumed obligations that my position as Espada would facilitate the fulfillment of."

"Like what?"

"For one, protecting you: As my fraccione, the vast majority of Arrancar who may want to inflict harm upon you would be held back by the retalliation of an Espada. Any Hollow who tries to get to me by targetting you would be weak and cowardly enough that they'd be no actual threat to you. And by appointing you Faccione, I have essentially removed all the restrictions on your behavior imposed by you... The trouble with the law," Sarah's left pinky twitches. "You could have been stronger than you are now by now. I know it, you know it. But you've been holding off on any attempt to increase your raw power for fear that Lord Segunda or Lord Tercera would perceive it as a prelude to rebellion, but as a Francione it's expected that you'll do your best to build strength so as to be strong enough to be worthy of your lofty position... Of course, the same is expected of myself... Once the district is rebuilt, you and I shall start training together in earnest... Unless you'd like to try eating hollowfied animal souls again? I know that the first time was an accident, but..."

"I don't think that would be smart. Last time it took me a trip out into the desert to figure out how to use my fullbring again."

"Well, it'll be weeks at most before we have to worry about that. For now, I'm tired."

"Yeah... Are you okay, Ma'am? After the smoke cleared you seemed kind of... Twitchy."

"...Ah. As I used the Grande Rey Cero, for a brief moment I felt as though I had an ocean of untapped power. It's probably nothing to worry about."

"Okay."

And then, bedtime.

The Next Morning

Sarah wakes up first, as is usual for her. Immediately she brings hands to her face, feeling over it.

Then she starts tapping her sternum before eventually checking to make sure that there isn't a hole in her chest.

"Okay... Not a Hollow."

Svetlana awakens soon after. The look in her eyes when she sees Sarah. She knows what's up.

The morning is spent, first exchanging details, and then making plans.

A message is sent out through the district: The Sexta Espada has learned of a potential security risk and will be spending the day investigating it. Continue on as normal.

And a courier is solicited to deliver a message about a potential mutual threat to their allies soul society.

Leaving the city

Sarah and Svetlana stand in a clear area in the Sexta district. Sarah has traded her Numero uniform for the human clothing she wore when she first came to the city.

"Are you ready, child?"

"Yes, Ma'... Mom." Sarah blushes.

Svetlana smiles and opens a Garganta. She extends her arm, which Sarah takes, and they step into the Garganta together. It closes behind them. Next stop: Finland.

Soul Society: Gates to the Seireitei

Concurrently with Francione'sspada and her Fraccione's departure, a faceless grunt Arrancaapproachesoul society and approches one of the gates leading into the Seireitei. He is holding what is clearly a bundle of documents.

"Urgent message from the Sexta Espada for Head Captain Ishinomori Koutarou," the Arrancar says in explnantion to whoever is manning the gates at this time.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Orc in the Playground

"Please present your identification."

Oh right, those are a thing now. Since the last rampage with the Nanashi a little bit more organization has been put in place - people don't assume any Arrancar with non-hostile intent are from Las Noches anymore.

Shouldn't be much of an issue, at any rate.

"This way, please. If for any reason the Commander-General is not in his office, we can contact him via Jigokuchou so that he comes to meet you."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show