New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World V

Quote Originally Posted by King539 View Post
    Sēji pauses and thinks for a moment. "Two weeks, if possible. If necessary, I would be willing to return before then."
    "If that's it then..." Sēji stands up and begins to head for the door.
    "I wish you swift success in your endeavor, Sêji-kun."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Momoka is not terribly impressed, however... for now, she'd play along. Kishi snorts, taking a blood sample with more proficiency than one might expect from an uneducated miner. Momoka follows suit, smirking a little.

"Your japanese has improved, sister."

"...yeah? Kinda have to learn. You were a crappy teacher." She snorts again. "So what's the deal with this?"

"If all is as I expect, you'll see soon enough." Momoka takes a calming breath, slipping the blindfold on and holding the mufflers. Kishi finishes her extraction and does the same. "Shall we, Kotetsu?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

"As a warning, they will not come until you have both of these properly in place, and then these will not come off until they are gone."

Ominous.

Azuma takes off his visor, revealing one milky, obviously utterly blind eye, and a scorched, twisted socket that has long scarred over. It is that enthralling sort of hideous that all but demands that you try and make out the details.

There are also the connector ports to the sides of his skull, but those are very subdued in comparison.

Azuma puts on the mufflers first, and keeps his hands on them.

"Make sure to check if they are on properly and then apply a light pressure to the sides, as if to displace them. This will have started when you find that you can't even try to move them, and ended when you can do so again."

Once they are have the blindfold and mufflers on, all sound and all sight is gone. But of course, other senses remain, and are augmented slightly for the deprivation. A door opens somewhere and a musty breeze follows. The light taps of many feet reverberate through the wooden floor, indicating that a small group of people surround the three of them. And then, most telling of all...

Spiritual power. Woven into a spell, perhaps a bakudou between levels 40 and 50, but all Momoka can recognize of the energy being woven is that it is some manner of minor divination... Incomplete, perhaps.

Then comes another, stronger, 50 to 60. A connective spell. Another between 20 and 30. A lesser illusion. 70 to 80. 80 to 90. Potent spells to change perception and the mind itself. This is a carefully tailored ritual. One final spell... It feels... Familiar, in a sense, like hearing again a light noise she heard once, long ago, what could it be.

This state continues for awhile. Minutes pass, an hour perhaps. The energies waver. The ritualists are strained in body and mind. It ends.

The reverberation of footsteps once again. The wind ceases as the presumed door closes, the scent vanishes. The mufflers and blindfolds let themselves come off.

Azuma is putting his visor back on. A pair of rolls of parchment is on the table besides him. One is bound by the centipede's sigil, the other...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Momoka and Kishi oblige after Azuma explains. And then... the ritual takes place. Momoka quirks a bit of a knowing smile at the familiarity of the energy around her.

And then... it is over. Momoka seems all too keen to remove her sensory bindings, slipping her glasses back on with a bit of a calming breath. Kishi stands up, sneering a bit. "So what's the deal, Kotetsu? Tryin' to kill me slow-like with the 'cancer'?"

"...not as such, Gwynned. They were tracing our lineage."

"...an' just why the hell would they need mine?"

The other scroll displays a great bull of an Ox, head held high with wide, sweeping horns. The sigil of house Tsuyoi.

"Because you did not know your father, sister."

"...okay, seriously Yuki? Could you explain here? Why are you sayin' that so weird? I mean yeah, it's great to see you alive, an' we're sisters by bond and all but what the hell is this about?"

Momoka chuckles a little. Maybe Azuma feels like being blunt where Momoka is her usual coy self.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Azuma picks up and opens the scroll, taking a look over.

"This, 'Gwynned', is about that insolent twerp Atsumori screwing any nice-looking maid and peasant girl that caught his fancy and being generally terrible to all of his family. Good thing he died before my niece's debut or I reckon he would be a pile of glowing green manure in my garden to this day."

Azuma takes a seat, rolls the scroll back into its case and brings a hand to his chin.

"Very well, miss Tsuyoi, you have proven your lineage and that of your half sister. Well done."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Kishi stares in shock and then slumps a bit, just... processing this.

Momoka meanwhile stands to her full height, perhaps not impressive on its own, but she holds a particular bearing that makes one question why they didn't see it before. "So, Kotetsu Azuma, will you then consider my offer? We have more to gain from this woman - my half sister, indeed - than to put her in a cell or execute her. She has transgressed against you, of that there is no doubt. But would it not be more productive to use her as a stepping stone for Soul Society's reconstruction? Our government must be rebuilt. Whether or not we agree on how, we both agree that we have need of exceptional members of society that can lead others lest we fall into anarchy. Gwynned, bastard of Tsuyoi Atsumori, is one such person. It would be foolishness to deny this." She then looks to Kishi. Her tone is softer, but still somewhat stern.

"Sister, I realize this man represents to you the pinnacle of noble arrogance and indifference, but you must acknowledge that in the state Soul Society is in, it could not survive a rebellion. And even if it could, your people will nary accomplish a thing other than momentary inconvenience to men such as him, but will accomplish great harm to those less privileged."

Kishi grits her teeth. "So what do you suggest, sis?"

"Become part of the system. Make it better. Defend your stance with words, not bombs." Momoka turns to Azuma again.

"What say you? Will you grant this great favor to the noble house Tsuyoi, and allow them to recover from the calamities of the past and present?" Flowery, perhaps, but she is a poet.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Azuma is really old and already shortening somewhat, so with him sitting and Momoka standing, she is quite a bit taller than him.

"Very well. House Kotetsu will help house Tsuyoi rebuild its holdings and pardon the transgressions of an unenlightened member this time."

Azuma hops off his chair and heads for the elevator.

"Lets get up to the house, you need a bath and proper clothing at the very least."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

"...I'm still not sure if this is a game or not, but for you, Yuki, I'll... I'll play along."

Momoka bows slightly, but respectfully as she follows along. "I trust you will inform the surviving members of the clan? I may have a message of my own to send. I will leave it to your imagination." Kishi seems summarily confused, but she's... just sort of begrudgingly going along with this. She's deep in thought at this revelation, it's obviously causing her to reassess her life. Well, plus the miraculous (to her) revival of a family member (to her, adoptive).

She pulls a hell butterfly from a pocket nonetheless, muttering a message to it and releasing it when they return to the upper floors.

Spoiler: A Very Special (*coughSetsuroucough*) Someone
    Show
    "At your nearest convenience it is my hope that you will come to Kotetsu's main holdings. There is something of some importance about to occur that you have a right to be present to. It is likely they will be expecting you. It would be a sign of respect to dress formally. I hope this reaches you, that you might be by my side."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

There are three things for which Setsurou is legitimately not been known for.

Punctuality, adhering to the finer points of etiquette, and being seen without a hat.

Which is why, when he shows up at the Koutetsu household in full noble garb - of a stunning but comparably discreet red, no less - with no hat to speak of and all the bearing his noble upbringing supposedly failed to incur upon him, one might wonder if he didn't send a replacement instead.

But no, it's him alright.

He offers a respectful bow to the servants of the Koutetsu family.

"Hishikawa Setsurou, Captain of Internal Security and head of the Hishikawa family. I believe I am expected?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

There are things for which it is ok to not be immediately there.

The two armored guards look at each other briefly, as if confused, before taking a short pause and then letting Setsurou in.

When Setsurou arrives, Azuma is probably sharing tea with Momoka and Gwynned is likely still taking a bath, or rather, being bathed.

"... That is a form of insolence all its own."

Azuma's offhand remark likely announces to Momoka that Setsurou has arrived.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

"Azuma-sama, I will be the first to admit our relationship, such as it is, started off strained entirely because of my actions, and only my actions. For which you have my most sincere apologies.

In the interest of building new bridges, I have a selection of interesting facts with me that I believe will be of some use to your family given a certain... turn of events in recent memory."

Wow. Setsurou showing proper manners. It's actually almost creepy to watch.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

"Your goodwill is appreciated, young Hishikawa."

Very formal.

"As for your last request, Tsuyoi-san, I have already sent out all the messages. It is up to your family and servants to assemble at your ancient lands now."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Momoka raises an eyebrow, partaking of whatever brand of tea Azuma has presented with her usual curiosity. "Hmmm. Forgive my assumption. With all your talk of myself and Setsurou, I had imagined you would expect him to be by whether or not I invited him. Which I did. After all, it is in his interest as well as my family's." She gives a respectful nod of deference for her breach of etiquette.

________

Meanwhile, Gwynned is having a hell of a time adjusting to being waited on in her bath, and has chased the attendees off, seeing to her own cleansing, wiping off the filth from sitting in a cell for several weeks. One of the maids pokes her head in. "Please, Mistr-"

The woman growls, standing up and raising a fist, switching back to her exaggerated scottish accent. <OI! Wot'd ah tell ye?! A am nae wee bairn, ah kin wosh ma own paps ye daft burd! Scramble off!> The maid winces and retreats. What a difficult woman.

Gwynned sits back down and sighs irritably. This was moving pretty fast. To be the product of a nobles indiscretion, and not just that, but to be the same noble that sired the daughter who she came to call sister due to being raised under the same foster father... it was undeniably insane. Yet, that was the story.

She starts washing her hair, remarking how sometimes truth was in fact stranger than fiction.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

"To be perfectly frank, there was one other matter I had to deal with in regards to the Koutetsu family, Momoka." Oh? "Azuma-sama, you are no doubt aware of the recent assault on Central 46 perpetrated by the Royal Assassin, as well as the reaction our Commander-General took in regards to the incident. We have MedLog's finest looking after the Central members, but the prognosis is grim. They are unsure if the chamber of nobles will ever wake again."

Taking a deep breath, Setsurou continued. "This is strictly for your ears only, but the Commander is currently in the hospital due to his clash with my predecessor, Wan Li Lin. That is why he has requested me to mediate on his behalf. He has determined that the restablishment of the chamber is of utmost importance right this moment, and he is also prepared to relinquish his position if the new chamber so desires. Since there has been no need for a complete renewal of its ranks for at least one thousand years, we believe this is a good opportunity to perfectly balance the scales of power between the noble houses. We need everyone's input.

If you're wondering why I chose to communicate this to you directly rather than through Hideki-sama, know that was a specific request of the Commander. He does not desire to exert nor display command over the Noble Houses in any fashion, and given that your grandson is technically his subordinate, he believed this might lead to the appearance of a conflict of interest. Given my position as head of the Onmitsukidou, an entity entirely separate from the Gotei as it stands, the same does not apply to me."

Setsurou cast a gaze and a smile towards Momoka. "I think you'll have need of representatives soon."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2016-10-18 at 09:34 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I wish you swift success in your endeavor, Sêji-kun."
    Sēji smiles as he closes the door."Thank you, Koutarou-kama."

Downstairs, he hands a note to the receptionist, probably informing Lucita of her short-term promotion. Once outside, he happily inhales the fresh air before opening a Senkaimon to the mortal world, and stepping through.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

[Hishikawa Estate]

The meal presented before Suguri and Katsurou is... sumptuous, to say the least. Aside from the main dish, there are several accompaniments, including but not limited to potatoes, a light stew, and bread seasoned with several different spices. Katsurou actually watches Suguri's behavior as they're both seated to check what her usual manners are.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hishikawa Estate]

The meal presented before Suguri and Katsurou is... sumptuous, to say the least. Aside from the main dish, there are several accompaniments, including but not limited to potatoes, a light stew, and bread seasoned with several different spices. Katsurou actually watches Suguri's behavior as they're both seated to check what her usual manners are.
    Suguri observed the spread with large, sparkly, delighted eyes. However, she waited until she was served to dig in, instead of reaching for the food herself, even if she did fidget while she waited - she did have manners, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Katsurou chuckled as he watched. "Just tell me what you want, my dear."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Katsurou chuckled as he watched. "Just tell me what you want, my dear."
    "Um ... that, that, and that ... and that, and that, and that...." Suguri said, eventually pointing at everything.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Soul Society]
    [Cemetary]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Soul Society]
    Cemetery

Jehoel listens through Masaru's explanation.

"Unsurprising, I suppose."

Setting the crates on the ground, Jehoel lifts the first, now empty, between his hands and incinerates it with a tightly-controlled Cero. Lifting the second crate up, he continues their trip.

"You are, I take it, unimpressed with the existing social hierarchy of the realm?"
    Masaru frowns, though it seems more introspective than at Jehoel personally.

"I have found some personal thoughts and...reservations...about unthinking adherence to the exact, specific method of social structure and civilian governance we currently have, but I also believe in Soul Society as a whole, and take my oaths to it seriously. Anything more is likely as much personal thoughts and feelings about specific, individual families or groups."

He paused and sighed.

"I may be biased, being the bastard son of a 'disgraced' noble who never wanted or acknowledged me."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jehoel smiles just widely enough to expose a tiny sliver of white.

"There is no need to guard your words, captain. You oppose mindless adherence to tradition and acknowledge the potential for bias and hypocrisy in your views. You are a model example of the traits I encourage."

Jehoel empties another bottle. At the rate he's going, this shouldn't last too much longer.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "Um ... that, that, and that ... and that, and that, and that...." Suguri said, eventually pointing at everything.
    Katsurou smiled. "No need to hold back or hurry. The food isn't going anywhere, sweetie." He decided to balance out the portions so there was a little bit of everything in Suguri's plate.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Katsurou smiled. "No need to hold back or hurry. The food isn't going anywhere, sweetie." He decided to balance out the portions so there was a little bit of everything in Suguri's plate.
    Suguri accepted the plate, her tail wagging excitedly as she dug in.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Katsurou, by comparison, was a lot slower in his meal. Maybe he wasn't as hungry, or maybe he just liked to watch Suguri eat with so much gusto.

"You know, as a general rule, most spirits do not experience hunger. Only thirst. Those that do feel hungry generally have a good deal of spiritual power in them." He said in between bites. "Tomorrow we can check you for that."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Suguri didn't understand what Grandpa was talking about, so she simply acknowledged that she'd heard him and finished off her first plate with gusto. She then held out her plate in a request for more, please.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Figures. She's too young after all.

Grandpa is happy to serve her seconds. "We'll have to get you more changes of clothes, too."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Figures. She's too young after all.

Grandpa is happy to serve her seconds. "We'll have to get you more changes of clothes, too."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    As an aside, sometimes I might write "Grandpa" or "Daddy", partially to be in-character, but also because I can't spell their real names to save my life.

Suguri grinned and began downing her second plate. The food was delicious, and she'd never been this hungry before!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    That's fair.

"Careful, sweetie. You don't want to have a tummyache."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Suguri looked up from her meal. "Dead people can still get tummyaches?" she asked.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

"And nightmares from eating too much before bed, yes." Katsurou explained. "Being dead doesn't change how your body works THAT much."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show