New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVII: Cross Your Hearts and Make Things Die

Not naturally, I had to arrange 3 crosses and 1 prong on a 7x6 endless dungeon board and then orb change, but it's a little over 1.5 billion damage all together.

Spoiler
    Show

I fear to go higher (not all the orbs were plus orbs, most of them weren't). It could break my game if FF FF FF FF (4,294,967,296) is the max value.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-01-17 at 12:40 AM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVII: Cross Your Hearts and Make Things Die

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Not naturally, I had to arrange 3 crosses and 1 prong on a 7x6 endless dungeon board and then orb change, but it's a little over 1.5 billion damage all together.

Spoiler
    Show

I fear to go higher (not all the orbs were plus orbs, most of them weren't). It could break my game if FF FF FF FF (4,294,967,296) is the max value.
    The game won't break if you hit the damage cap. People did it on Kenshin a few months ago, no big deal. It's totally unnecessary, but fun.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    The game won't break if you hit the damage cap. People did it on Kenshin a few months ago, no big deal. It's totally unnecessary, but fun.
    Well, then I won't have to worry about "lucky" skyfalls breaking my game I guess.

Spoiler: MP Monster Weird Healer
    Show

300k MP Monster (Evo Form)
    Name: Weird Healer, <Name?>
    Type: Healer/Attacker/Physical
    Attribute: Dark/Light

HPS: 5252
    ATK: 2152
    RCV: 1252

Active Skill: [Weirding Ritual][CD 9->3] Spawn 3 Dark Orbs at random from Non-dark and non-heart orbs. Spawn either 3 Heart, Jammer, or Poison Orbs at Random from Non-dark, non-heart, non-jammer, non-poison orbs.
    Leader Skill: [Affliction Inversion] 3x ATK/RCV for Healers. 3x ATK and halve dmg when matching 3+ jammer orbs, +5% damage reduction per jammer orb. 3x ATK and recover 3x Team RCV when matching 3+ poison orbs or mortal poison orbs, +1x RCV per poison orb or mortal poison orb.
    Leader Skill Abbreviated: 3x ATK/RCV for hlrs. 3x ATK, reduce dmg @ 3+ jmr. 3x ATK, heal 3x team RCV @ 3+ psn, +heal for more.
    Awakenings:
    2x Skill Bind Resist
    2x Bind Resist
    2x Skill Boost
    2x Time Extend
    1x Bind Recovery

===

Inverts the effects of poison, jammers meant to stall you block damage and stall for you, regular heal orbs are massively more effective.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-01-17 at 07:17 AM.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    Personal preference speaking here, but: Ronove's skill is way way way faster and in my limited experience more useful. Ronove's multiplier is a lot higher and stacks well with TPAs, where Myr is more of a row card. Ronove gets a little less time to work with, but has higher returns. Ronove also has much more controllable bursts: if you're worried about a damage ceiling, you can not heartcross and still get 9x, while Myr is 1x or 59.29x. Ronove gets 6.25x for 3 colors, 9x for 4, 16x for a heartcross and one or two colors, 100x for a heartcross and 3 colors, and 144x for 4 colors. Also Ronove boards appear more 'naturally', I guess is the best way to put it. A good Myr board is some hearts and a ton of lights, which basically means you have to burn an active. Ronove, on the other hand, requires five hearts and three colors on the board. Barring something like Beelzebub's shenanigans, most boards will have that (and those that don't, you can use your three-turn active to make some and save your bigger actives for tougher opponents).
    Sorry, I passed right over this.

That makes a lot of sense - yeah, Ronove's active is pretty fantastic for board-cleaning, isn't it? I also tend to prefer prongs to rows, but my ReMinerva experiences are making me reconsider. Prongs are, indisputably, easier to do with a heart-cross.

So it looks like maybe King Tans tomorrow? I am crossing my fingers.
    PAD - 357,549,260

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Sorry, I passed right over this.

That makes a lot of sense - yeah, Ronove's active is pretty fantastic for board-cleaning, isn't it? I also tend to prefer prongs to rows, but my ReMinerva experiences are making me reconsider. Prongs are, indisputably, easier to do with a heart-cross.

So it looks like maybe King Tans tomorrow? I am crossing my fingers.
    Oh man, I would be so happy if we got King Tans tomorrow. I need to get rid of some of my current stockpile, make some space
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

So I'm considering getting the blue/red puppeteer for cheese Minerva tricks. I have 575k mp, so I'll have >300k for anything super-cool. Am I crazy?
    PAD - 357,549,260

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, you're definitely crazy.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

So I'm considering getting the blue/red puppeteer for cheese Minerva tricks. I have 575k mp, so I'll have >300k for anything super-cool. Am I crazy?
    Wait, why blue/red? That makes the enemy fire attribute, so you get regular 1x damage. Why not red/green so you turn them green and get 2x damage?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, why blue/red? That makes the enemy fire attribute, so you get regular 1x damage. Why not red/green so you turn them green and get 2x damage?
    Cheesy fire resist, of course!
    PAD - 357,549,260

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Cheesy fire resist, of course!
    Oh, duh. You want it to tank. I've heard worse plans.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, it's literally for novelty. I have a spare 250k, and monsters I can sell if push comes to shove. Which it won't, probably, until I build up more.
    PAD - 357,549,260

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

First, imaginary monster idea:
    Spoiler
    Show

Wise Rainmaker, Kushinadahime

Types: Healer/Attacker
    Attributes: Water/Wood

HPS: 2805
    ATK: 1832
    RCV: 700

Active Skill [Protection of Divine Wisdom](CD 11->8): 75% damage reduction for 1 turn.
    Leader Skill [Rain Dance]: Can match 2+ connected enhanced water orbs. ATK x1.5 at 3 combos. ATK x0.5 for each additional combo, up to ATK x10 at 20 combos. All attribute cards ATK/RCV x3 when reaching Water & Wood combos.
    Awakenings:
    5> +Water Orb Awakenings
    2> Bind Resist Awakenings
    1> Skill Boost Awakening
    1> 2x Attack at 7+ Combos Awakening

It's enhanced water orbs so that it generally has to "rain" for them to combo.

Second:
    I noted that A cross and a prong are a LOT easier to make than 2 crosses.

That in mind
    2 Aizen leads
    4 Satsuki/Lumiel (It'll interrupt a little with the water primary of aizen, but it's alright for the firepower tradeoff)[Optimally 3 Satsuki, 1 Lumiel]

Third and finally:
    I plan on running Mephisto, Noah, and Hel today for +3 stones to put me at 38 by the end of today (hoarding for 100). Almost rank 333.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-01-18 at 06:00 AM.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

I ended up grabbing her and going for a test run.

Interesting. Fun, even. But I'm not completely sold yet.
    PAD - 357,549,260

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Well, ended up using one stone on challenge 9 because I miscalculated by damage on Cu chulain by one point (Ronove not having a sub attribute is irritating), and knew I could clear Tengu (ended up getting lucky and Kaede one-shotted him), and figured a py of my choicevis worth a single stone.

Yes. I used a team that relies on hearts in a dungeon that doesn't spawn hearts, shut up.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2017-01-19 at 05:26 AM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

I've got challenge 10 and the fixed team (8?) left.
    I really need to get some of my new monsters up and into teams. I've had Ronove for quite a while and just haven't built a team for him, pulled Gremory but nothing there yet either. Though I did build a Krishna team and have been using that a lot, but it seems like I've had team after team of red based that all have almost all of the same people, so not much variety there. Also finally got Myr done but only used a bit. I just don't really seem to like the cross meta but it seems to not be optional for anything hard at this point.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I really need to get some of my new monsters up and into teams. I've had Ronove for quite a while and just haven't built a team for him, pulled Gremory but nothing there yet either. Though I did build a Krishna team and have been using that a lot, but it seems like I've had team after team of red based that all have almost all of the same people, so not much variety there. Also finally got Myr done but only used a bit. I just don't really seem to like the cross meta but it seems to not be optional for anything hard at this point.
    I was just happy getting through challenge 6 and getting a badpy.

Spoiler: Another made up monster
    Show

Two-Faced Machine King, Binarius
    Types: Machine/Attacker
    Attributes: Water/Dark

HPS: 4444
    ATK: 2222
    RCV: 88

Active Skill (Twin Face)[CD 16->12]: Randomly spawn 4 Water & Heart orbs from non Water & Heart orbs. Increase Combo Count by +2 for 2 turns.
    Leader Skill (Binary Logic): Can no longer clear 3 or less connected orbs. 2x to all stats for Machine Type. Matched attribute ATK x4 for each combo of exactly 4 connected orbs. Reduce damage taken by 50% when simultaneously clearing 4 exactly connected Heal orbs.
    Awoken Skills: 2 Bind Resist, 2 Two-Prong Attack, 2 Skill Bind Resist, 2 Skill Boost

===
    Prongs are more fun than crosses to make and easier to make.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-01-19 at 01:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

I found 10 easier than 9 this time. Regardless, Krishna is really quite good, so I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss him. He's not quite at the heart cross level, but he's surprisingly close. Among other things, I've cleared Ultimate Arena and Machine Zeus with Krishna, and he carried me through this C10 as well.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

The fixed team is actually pretty good. Only trick is to save Hades for Alfecca and don't be stingy with skyfall actives.
    PAD - 357,549,260

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

I really wish I had my own Sarsavati. My friend has been pairing well with Metatron, and I like the playstyle, but I'm starting to hit a bit of a wall again in what I can kill. I need that little bit more "oomph".

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I really wish I had my own Sarsavati. My friend has been pairing well with Metatron, and I like the playstyle, but I'm starting to hit a bit of a wall again in what I can kill. I need that little bit more "oomph".
    I wish I could give you one of my three!

---

And wow, this game is real different when you're mostly spending stamina on farming Arena. Have I mentioned I love ReMinerva? Parvati is the only one who can really hose my run - and I have figured out how to beat her, too.
    PAD - 357,549,260

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

I've tried C10 a few times now, Krishna is very good, I just need to take the time to figure out where to farm his skill-up and get him done. Also out of +s for him. The last few times on C10 I got to Myr, delayed through the damage absorb, and then had is skyfall into her death zone. I'm sure I can 1-shot her, or ding her down a bit to make sure but it just seems to be trolling me so far.

As for the other teams, I didn't mean Krishna was bad, just that I also have some other very strong options that I just haven't really put any effort into.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

I've tried C10 a few times now, Krishna is very good, I just need to take the time to figure out where to farm his skill-up and get him done. Also out of +s for him. The last few times on C10 I got to Myr, delayed through the damage absorb, and then had is skyfall into her death zone. I'm sure I can 1-shot her, or ding her down a bit to make sure but it just seems to be trolling me so far.

As for the other teams, I didn't mean Krishna was bad, just that I also have some other very strong options that I just haven't really put any effort into.
    Bring Dragon Killer Tsubaki. There will be a very dead Myr at the end.
    PAD - 357,549,260

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

I wish I could give you one of my three!

---

And wow, this game is real different when you're mostly spending stamina on farming Arena. Have I mentioned I love ReMinerva? Parvati is the only one who can really hose my run - and I have figured out how to beat her, too.
    We are weirdly paralleling each other. What's your ReMinverva team? I've also been farming arena, but I'm doing it with Krishna instead (same team as I used for c10 listed below). Krishna's thing is just that you need to not waste too many actives on the last three enemies before Kali, as the team I'm using for Arena has to keep ASusan active on Hino, so you only have two orb changes, one of which might need to be used on the all poison board if you pull Beelz. So you have to kill Zeus and big dragon without wasting an important active.

Bring Dragon Killer Tsubaki. There will be a very dead Myr at the end.
    This is very good advice. I was going to ask in general what your team is. I used Krishna/Urd/ACaoCao/ReHino (with inherited awoken Susano-o)/AAme and had no trouble one-shotting Myr once her shield ran out. I think it was 2 rows and a TPA with actives.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

If anyone wants to run Gainaut or any of the other rogues, LMK. I'm farming MP and partners help the process.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

I didn't notice when they changed the killer awakenings from multiplayer to all the time. Although I do have Tsubaki, I took her into the other ultimate.

And as I was looking at my box I realized I had a few more options than I was used to, probably changes that I didn't remember or in some cases like ReMinerva I did her but haven't finished leveling her up so overlooked them.

Right now it is:
    Khrisna/Ame no Uzume/ReMinerva/Gadius/Urd

Although at some points I've had Yamato Takeru and Awoken CaoCao on the team. Also have Awoken Lielan and Tsubaki (2970 R/L version) as options. Got Dantalion as well but still in his first form so a while to go before he is ready for a real team.
    AmeNoUzume is just for the bind clear, which I think is needed in C10, but actives don't seem to be my problem so much as poorly timed skyfalls.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

We are weirdly paralleling each other. What's your ReMinverva team? I've also been farming arena, but I'm doing it with Krishna instead (same team as I used for c10 listed below). Krishna's thing is just that you need to not waste too many actives on the last three enemies before Kali, as the team I'm using for Arena has to keep ASusan active on Hino, so you only have two orb changes, one of which might need to be used on the all poison board if you pull Beelz. So you have to kill Zeus and big dragon without wasting an important active.
    I am running with...

ReMinerva [GrOdin*] / Yamato / ReKagu / DK Tsubaki [Terra] / Gadius

* soon to be the green healer girl from Kenshin Collab, because I like her Active waaay better except for niche uses.

I prefer to pair with a Minerva with RGY's active. The only one who stumps me consistently is Parvati, though I can get her if I can get really controlled damage output - usually literally one red and one yellow combo, with very few other combos. Same thing for Sopdet, who never kills me anymore.

This is very good advice. I was going to ask in general what your team is. I used Krishna/Urd/ACaoCao/ReHino (with inherited awoken Susano-o)/AAme and had no trouble one-shotting Myr once her shield ran out. I think it was 2 rows and a TPA with actives.
    All I'm sayin' is that DK Tsubaki deals 9m instead of 1m against dragons. That's crazy. She has actually overkilled DKali with her 50% shield up once or twice, so I keep the initial damage burst more controlled. Especially since I can tank the Kalis' punishment swings with the +15% HP/-cost badge.

I didn't notice when they changed the killer awakenings from multiplayer to all the time. Although I do have Tsubaki, I took her into the other ultimate.
    You should reverse and re-ult unless you are specifically using her as a lead. She is really that good.

Although at some points I've had Yamato Takeru and Awoken CaoCao on the team. Also have Awoken Lielan and Tsubaki (2970 R/L version) as options. Got Dantalion as well but still in his first form so a while to go before he is ready for a real team.
    AmeNoUzume is just for the bind clear, which I think is needed in C10, but actives don't seem to be my problem so much as poorly timed skyfalls.
    Bind clear is generally best saved for inherits, IMO.

Dantalion is ... disappointing. I have one, too. I hope he becomes the next Kaede after some buffs, because otherwise I never see myself using him.
    PAD - 357,549,260

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

I am running with...

ReMinerva [GrOdin*] / Yamato / ReKagu / DK Tsubaki [Terra] / Gadius
    And we're running the same ReMinerva team, sans inherits. I'm sad I don't have Terra.

All I'm sayin' is that DK Tsubaki deals 9m instead of 1m against dragons. That's crazy. She has actually overkilled DKali with her 50% shield up once or twice, so I keep the initial damage burst more controlled. Especially since I can tank the Kalis' punishment swings with the +15% HP/-cost badge.

Bind clear is generally best saved for inherits, IMO.
    I take Ame for bind clear because she's also bind immune. I could potentially inherit her onto CaoCao and take Tsubaki instead, which could be strong, although that means losing Cao's active much of the time, so I'd need to, like, inherit a second good board change active onto Tsubaki, I think. Much work, possibly worth the payoff. I'll consider it.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

And we're running the same ReMinerva team, sans inherits. I'm sad I don't have Terra.
    It's a really good active skill, and the cooldown is low enough that it becomes Ready pretty quickly. The nice thing about it is that I can hide annoying orbs (looking at your preemptive, Grisar ) on the sides, then nuke them. It's not strictly superior - there are board configurations where it could theoretically be worse - but I really like it.

I thought about inheriting Vaan but his cooldown is way too much longer for one more of each orb. Still, he'd be a good second choice IMO.

I take Ame for bind clear because she's also bind immune. I could potentially inherit her onto CaoCao and take Tsubaki instead, which could be strong, although that means losing Cao's active much of the time, so I'd need to, like, inherit a second good board change active onto Tsubaki, I think. Much work, possibly worth the payoff. I'll consider it.
    Yeah, the 'bind immune' bit is why I'm using Minerva as the bind-clearer. Cao's active is great; I might look to inherit that onto the team.
    PAD - 357,549,260

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

How many combos do I need to make my monsters attack anime style? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIxuYNVWr9o

Spoiler: Broken Neptune Evo
    Show

Reawoken Neptune
    Attacker / Physical / God
    Water/Dark

HPS: 6412
    ATK: 2251
    RCV: 567

Active Skill [Strength of My Enemy](CD 8->5) Team attribute type becomes the same as target enemy for 1 turn. Spawn 4 Orbs at random of the same attribute as target enemy. (If only 1 enemy, then that is the target)
    Leader Skill [Bident of Superiority]: 2x All Stats. No Skyfall Combos. 2x ATK/RCV/combo count/50% damage shield for each combo of exactly 4 connected orbs.
    Awoken Skills:
    1x Skill Bind Resist
    2x Bind Resist
    2x Skill Boost
    2x TPA
    2x Time Extend

I think I could clear some content with this.

1 Combo of 4 is treated as 4 combos with 2 of these as leads. 2 (4) orb combos are treated as 32. I used to be worried about exceeding the damage threshold, but that's not a problem apparently.

1) tank a hit of a certain total damage
    2) resist or undo negative orb changes
    3) deal a large amount of damage at one time
    4) deal a specific, limited amount of damage at one time
    5) overcome a combo shield
    6) resist, tank, or undo monster binds
    7) live through skill delay
    8) Heal a large amount either at once or over several turns
    1) Check, hp and shield
    2) Orb Changer Subs
    3) Yep
    4) Should be able to
    5) Most definitely
    6) Resist
    7) Latents
    8) Check
    9) Potentially ignore element absorbs (check)

Alternative monster:
    Spoiler: Alternative monster
    Show

Gleancrawler
    Attacker / Physical
    Dark/Wood
    HPS: 7125
    ATK: 2517
    RCV: 676

Active Skill [Summon Darkness](CD 11->6): Randomly spawn 5 Dark orbs from non Dark orbs. Enhance Dark orbs.
    Leader Skill [Bident of Superiority]: 10x All Stats. 10x ATK for each cross of dark orbs. 90% damage reduction at full HP. Damage dealt can never be absorbed. Deal 10x ATK when matching orbs ignoring defense and element. Leader skill always functions (even when switched).
    Awoken Skills:
    1x Skill Bind Resist
    2x Bind Resist
    1x Skill Boost
    5x Time Extend

1) Check, hp and shield
    2) Yep
    3) Yep
    4) Won't need to
    5) Won't need to
    6) Resist
    7) Latents
    8) Beyond Belief
    9) Potentially ignore element absorbs (check and mate)

Could clear ultimate arena 1-3 with no problems.

Spoiler: On second thought
    Show

The Rainmaker
    Water/Water
    Balanced
    HPS: 4444
    ATK: 2222
    RCV: 1111
    Active Skill [Greywater] (CD 5->3): Damage you deal becomes untyped for 1 turn.
    Leader Skill [Rain Dance]: Water all stats x3. 50% damage reduction for 1 turn at 7+ combos. All orbs are treated as water orbs and heal orbs after being matched. Increase orb move time by 10 seconds.
    Awakenings:
    2x Bind Resist
    1x Skill Bind Resist
    6x ATK x2 at 7+ combos

Should be fun.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-01-21 at 02:23 AM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh. This one-shot was way easier than the past few.

That, or ReMinerva is kinda broken.
    PAD - 357,549,260