New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVII: Cross Your Hearts and Make Things Die

PAD is on my G4 phone, which apparently decided to go into the inescapable boot loop. Since I can't access the secret code, then it was fun while it lasted.
    Last edited by Klaatu B. Nikto; 2016-10-14 at 08:03 AM.
    Professional assassination is the highest form of public service. -- Chiun
    My PadHerder: https://www.padherder.com/user/NukedDuck/
    FFRK FC: qZaG

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVII: Cross Your Hearts and Make Things Die

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu B. Nikto View Post
    PAD is on my G4 phone, which apparently decided to go into the inescapable boot loop. Since I can't access the secret code, then it was fun while it lasted.
    Ouch. Any luck at the store?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu B. Nikto View Post
    That happened to me too. Did you link it to your Google account? If you did then it's very easy to retrieve.
    *Waves from Aca*

Spoiler: Aca's Teams
    Show
    Main Leaders: Kirin, Pandora, RSonia

Secondary Leaders: Haku, Genbu, LMeta, Bastet, Lu Bu, Yamato, WuKong

Developing Teams: Andromeda, Amaterasu, Athena, BSonnia

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Academia View Post
    That happened to me too. Did you link it to your Google account? If you did then it's very easy to retrieve.
    This. Even if you don't have the secret code, esp if you've bought anything support can still help you out if you have the other info (in game name, friend code, may need receipt emails).

Otherwise a quick googling of the g4 bootloop is showing people saying freezing the phone for 15 minutes gets them in for a short period, so could get it that way as well maybe. -shrug-
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.

Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

5. - Top - End - #95

I just realized that once the Parvati Reincarnation Evolution comes out, she'll be an ideal sub for Ronove teams... Scary.
    *Waves from Aca*

Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

So, what do people think about this "One-Shot" challenge dungeon thing that they've thrown at us? I think I could potentially, with enough time spent, make it up to the 10th dungeon, but that 10th one...there's just no way. Not with the immunity to any damage over 500k for 5 turns, since it hits you for like 30k damage a pop for the next 5 turns. If it wasn't for that I think I could potentially take her out with a strong enough 3x Lu Bu devil team shot.

As it is, I've gone up to the 7th and have decided to stop bothering, I have little need for the 'pys right now, most things I want skilled are already skilled, the things I still want skilled are easily done so, and 7-10 look just rough enough to not want to put forth the effort for minimal(in my eyes, I know to the more advanced players(or whales) that 'pys are extremely valuable, but for me they just aren't. And the final reward itself, which appears to be nothing more then an evolved Green Odin Tamadra is damn well not worth the effort, lol. If they were offering like 10 stones or something, yeah that'd be awesome and I'd be spending the next god knows how much time trying to grind it out, but not for some 'pys and an evolved G.Odin Tama.

On another note, I've spent the day farming the heck out of the Monday dungeon, looks like I'll end up just 2-3 ranks shy of rank 300, which isn't too shabby, I've gone up about 15-20 today which is pretty nice. Not to mention the dub-metalit is worth 45k exp on-color, 30k off-color which really isn't too shabby of a reward for a dungeon that gives that much rank exp.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2016-10-25 at 02:51 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Well the reward Grodintama has a better leader skill but he's pretty gimmicky. I'm through floor 8 on the OS challenge, probably going to try the other floors. Might use Myr or an Indra inherit to try to stall through that damage window. We'll see.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Finally got back into this. Stopped playing after dropping my phone, got my data back and am now on a tablet. I've super-ulted both my Kaedes, and am remembering just how bad I am at this game.

I got a Bastet from the One time bundle thing, but I'm not good at making bunches of combos, so she won't be super helpful for the near future. I did two rolls on the Halloween REM (Vampire and Undine), but am saving my stones beyond that. I think my rule is going to be two rolls on trap REMs I'm interested in, and beyond that save them for box space (I have 310 slots) and Godfests.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

I beat the One Shot Challenge!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Bleh, wonder how much stamina I'm going to have to waste in order to not get more then 1 dark Noel dragon. I have literally no dark monsters that need to be leveled, so getting more then one will be a massive waste, especially considering I already have 2 dark noel dragons sitting in my stash. Hoping for 2 water, 2 green and either a red or light, but I could settle for whatever, just so long as it only involves a single dark noel. 60 stamina down the drain so far, lol.

Edit: Ended up costing me 100 stamina, but I got 1 red, 2 light, 1 blue and 1 dark. Not awful, though I had been hoping for at least one green. Didn't feel like wasting a ton more stamina though.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2016-10-27 at 06:25 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    Nice! I'm getting stuck a bit on lvl 8, though i think once i plunk a bit more stam on it I'll get it. 9 and 10 will be...interesting, though, I'm sure. Luci, don't fail me now!
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thiyr View Post
    Nice! I'm getting stuck a bit on lvl 8, though i think once i plunk a bit more stam on it I'll get it. 9 and 10 will be...interesting, though, I'm sure. Luci, don't fail me now!
    I did 9 with an ALB team, and 10 with a Myr//BMyr team. All blue subs meant the shieldra didn't kill me.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Me too! 9 was way worse than 10, imo, other than the annoyance of DQ Hera on round 2.

I did 9 with an ALB team, and 10 with a Myr//BMyr team. All blue subs meant the shieldra didn't kill me.
    ALB? Can't think of which character that is by acronym.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    ALB? Can't think of which character that is by acronym.
    I think it is Awoken Liu Bei.

I'm still trying to get through 8, though my wife has already beat through 10.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Awoken Liu Bei. I did it with uh... ALB//Zeus Dios/Awoken Artemis/Leeza/Balboa//ALB.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Awoken Liu Bei. I did it with uh... ALB//Zeus Dios/Awoken Artemis/Leeza/Balboa//ALB.
    Ah, okay, yeah that looks doable. C9 was just about putting out big numbers several times in a row, but they were a lot of big numbers. I used You Yu for it, took a couple tries but it was very doable.

Did anyone actually use a 6 star or less team though? I thought that was the silliest bonus to apply.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, okay, yeah that looks doable. C9 was just about putting out big numbers several times in a row, but they were a lot of big numbers. I used You Yu for it, took a couple tries but it was very doable.

Did anyone actually use a 6 star or less team though? I thought that was the silliest bonus to apply.
    Well both Leeza and Balboa met that on my team, and between that and their killer awakenings they were dealing like 9x on some floors.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

You know, it's sad. I put so much effort into getting a Neptune dragon, and not only have I never encountered anyone else using it as their lead, I'm pretty sure that Sarasvati is just straight up better now.

19. - Top - End - #109

I'm actually trying to do it with the half-baked Myr team I got through c8 with for lack of a Huge Numbers team atm. Been working decently when i can get past the first two floors, and how can I say no to enhancing moogle and robocat (Leonis, it's either him or wee jas and I need that last SBR, that screwed me when I got to z8 in my best run. After getting 100% sbr by sheer happenstance for so long it kinda surprised me).

update: I ended up ragestoning c9 because ****ing crosses kept flubbing on the last bit of health on venus and z8. I ended up no-stoning c10 because i've beaten the snot out of myr enough to be pretty comfortable doing that, even with my not-really bmyr team. Really enjoying this whole heart cross deal now that my subs are high enough to actually be capable of doing real content.
    Last edited by Thiyr; 2016-10-31 at 12:33 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

I got a Blodin and a Tsubaki from the Godfest.

I also got a Durga (Yay?), Second Hathor (...Yay?) And a Wee Jas (BOOOO.)

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Sigh, had 20 stones saved(would have been like 35, but I used a bunch like a week ago), used all of them in the hopes of getting a damn Raphael(I've wanted one since I very first made my healer team), and instead I got a Cinderella, 2x Gabriel(I already HAD one, so now I have 3), and some weird green guy called Ronove.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

I got a Ronove with my last 5 stones. He's weird, but seems like he might be good? He's a Godfest exclusive anyway.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Ronove is really good. Use him.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

24. - Top - End - #114

Day 1: Ur-Chimera (ugh. really?), tsubaki (kay), aa luci (how underwhelming), rodin (well that's nice i suppose), sumire #2 (okay, that's something i can def make use of).
    Day 2: tsubaki #2 (I...guess I can almost make a system now?), akechi #2 (I'll keep it for inheritence for now, but i'm shifting away from ADLuci so not sure where it'd be used.)

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

I can see where he'd be quite powerful, but I'm nowhere near skilled enough to match 4 different orb colors + a cross heart. And without doing both he doesn't appear to be nearly as strong.

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    I got a Ronove with my last 5 stones. He's weird, but seems like he might be good? He's a Godfest exclusive anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I can see where he'd be quite powerful, but I'm nowhere near skilled enough to match 4 different orb colors + a cross heart. And without doing both he doesn't appear to be nearly as strong.
    Ronove is ranked #1 with Kaede in terms of how good it is. However, Ronove requires specific team set up to be stable. Otherwise you get trolled a lot. I sunk heavy investments into it and it's actually not so bad considering you'll have at least 8-10 time extensions. So it'll be almost like Myr.

------------------

I actually recently started playing a PAD clone called Tower of Saviors and thought I'd be l33t since it's the same mechanics as orbing. But NO, that game have so many gimmicks that I'm not use to that it absolutely owns me. Like "Trailing Blaze" where when you start moving your orb, it ignites the last 5 orbs and you take damage if you go over them again. And hidden bomb orbs that you cannot move because if you touch it, it explodes and your turn ends.... Here's a list I got from one of my guild members (Yes, actual guilds!)

Probably not an exhaustive list, but:

Spoiler: Mechanisms that screw orbing, but kinda refreshing.
    Show
    Masking - runes turn into question mark bubbles, preventing you from seeing their color. Variants: On enemy attack, after wave entry, after enemy death, converted drop rate, trail.

Weathered - Stops spinning when touched. The Weathered Mine variety also deals damage when touched. Variants: On enemy attack, post-spin, during spin, pre-spin.

Freezing - Runes are marked with frost; if not dissolved that turn, they freeze and can't be touched for 3 spins (regardless of whether runes are dissolved). Giemsa NM has a variant that freezes without the frosting phase.

Locking - Runes are locked; if they aren't dissolved, the enemy takes no damage/heals instead of taking damage/heals after taking damage.

Lock Weakening - Certain runes are locked; if they're dissolved, team ATK is reduced.

Lightning - Runes are electrified; if they're touched, spinning is stopped. If any electrified runes are left on the board after all dissolving, the team's ATK drops to 0.

Masking, Weathering, Frosting (but not Freezing) Locking, Lock Weakening and Lightning can be removed by an Egyptian active, or any other active that "explodes" runes. Masking, Locking and Lock Weakening are removed by converters.

Masking and Locking are removed by DC.

Sticky - Certain positions become sticky; if the sticky area is touched, spinning stops. Variants: fixed positions, trail

Burning - Certain positions become burned; if the burned areas are touched, you take damage (instantly). Variants: fixed positions, trail, fungus (more areas become burned after every spin), thaw (converts frozen into burned).

Laser - A laser shoots across the board; spinning stops if you touch it. Variants: Fixed row/column, random row/column, alternating between random row and random column

Bomb - Runes are locked; if not dissolved, they deal damage after the enemy takes damage (if it's not dead).

Shroud - The appearance of runes becomes randomized; e.g. Fire runes are still Fire runes, but will look like Water runes.

Bomb is removed by conversion. Shrouded runes can still be converted.

Renegade Conversion - Converts one random runetype into a fixed runetype; if that fixed runetype is dissolved, you take damage after the enemy does.

Curing Conversion - Converts one random runetype into a fixed runetype; if that fixed runetype is dissolved, the enemy heals after taking damage.

Time Conversion - Converts one random runetype into a fixed runetype; if that fixed runetype is dissolved, the next turn's spin time is reduced.

Weaken (don't think we've seen this yet) - Runes are weakened; if weakened runes remain after spinning, the team's ATK becomes 0.

Oh and bosses have shields that jack you up too. Like you have to match a specific pattern to do damage x.x....

Even story mode mess me up.... I r noob T.T

Imagine if they are in PAD -.- Good luck making crosses LOL.

Anyways, if anyone's looking for new refreshment, I recommend it. It's got great graphics "Dark and more mature" in comparison to the light hearted-ness of PAD. The game's still on the 1 stamina regen per 10 min so it's a quick get in and get out sorta game. The REM there is generous to say the least. But the best part is that Descents give out pivotal cards! The strongest teams usually have some sort of ultimate boss or seal lord...

I put this here because now until December, they have a special REM that house JUST the newest series of cards (8 cards in total), 3 of which are the best leaders in the game. 1 of them is the tankiest end game team. And the other 4 are utility subs. So it's really really good for starters. ALL of their subs are farmable, which is beastly. Oh and did I mention that they have good drop rates? Everyone pretty much gotten one of the leads within 3 or 4 rolls. Also, next friday (11/11) is when all the top end leads in this REM have 3x up rate, which in this game is 30% drop rate...

Each team has passive hidden skills that are not shown on the card, but are discovered by players... sometimes the company tells you:

http://towerofsaviors.wikia.com/wiki...Passive_Skills

Here's some graphics:

Satan - one of top leads I was talking about.
    Spoiler: See darker and more mature lol
    Show

Satan
    Leader: Dark ATK x3.5. Dissolve 3 runetypes, Satan launches chaser damage of 4x self ATK.
    Active: For 1 turn, Dark ATK x2 and self ATK x3. If the allied (friend) leader is also Satan, every turn after runes are dissolved, explode hearts until no hearts remain. Self attribute also has the effect of hearts.

Which means that it's always a no RCV board, but dark orbs have 100% the effect of heart AND dark orbs @.@....

Suzuko

Athena

Spoiler: Gameplay
    Show

Also, this game isn't all about multipliers... It has skyfall mechanism that allows for 100+ combos via skyfalls -.-, but the leader itself have very low or no multiplier lol So all your damage come from high combo count. Also there are cards that have PERMA buff until you turn it off... Like

Circe's active:
    Attack bonus + 40% for each Combo made; Attack and Recovery can only be triggered when 4 or more Combos are made. Invalidate all Damage-reducing Skills. This Skill can be deactivated anytime. Upon deactivation of the Skill, the current Skill CD -6 (the Skill stays in play until deactivation or defeated).

Just way way more complex team building.

Edit add: There's no delay between Asian and the NA updates. We get them the same time!!!! Same for Collbas, we get them all and they DO NOT return after it's passed. Almost no copy right issue because it's a Chinese company and they give no Fs @.@.

Just saying and sharing ^^. I'm having fun lol. Gifts are really good to. More stones given than PAD does.

Aca
    Last edited by Academia; 2016-11-06 at 06:06 PM.
    *Waves from Aca*

Show

27. - Top - End - #117

/delurk

So, I'm still around and still doing things... slowed my PAD playing a little to avoid burnout, but still feel like I'm making a little bit of progress.

My PADHerder is as up-to-date as I can make it (for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to have Divine Law goddess Armor, Ana, or the new Awakenings for Batman+Remote Claw or Final Nightmare Harley Quinn). If anybody has any suggestions for really obvious good teams that I'm blindly missing (the teams are also up-to-date), I'd welcome suggestions. At the moment, my #6 Team, 'Whatever1', is my attempt at a Green team, which I'm currently lacking. I'm not that impressed with that try, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of better options.

I'd also like to create a Dark team, but once again, I'm not having a lot of luck finding a grouping that works well for me. Assuming I ever manage to beat Zaerog ∞ and Agni, I'll have Awoken Vritra to work with as a lead- he looks reasonably solid, and it'd be kind of neat getting my very first REM pull back into play.

As far as recent pulls go, they seem to have been skewed rather heavily towards Machine-typing for whatever reason- Australis, Thuban, Markab (when did Tony Stark start making Pegasi?), Apocalypse, Antares... with the only break in those being Facet between Markab and Apocalypse. Then Mulan from the Halloween 'eh, what the heck...' REM pull, and most recently, Sitri, who I've been kind of looking askance at. Something's tickling the back of my brain that she could be quite powerful, but I'm not entirely sure how.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Whew! I didn't realize how much of a difference there was going to be the Sutr legend dungeon, and the Sutr mythical dungeon(I'm assuming that's what the difficulty was for the Challenge dungeons, because I beat it with ease with my healer team a while back on legend). I've sunk about 800 stamina over the last few days trying so flipping hard to get it completed so I could get the +50HP bubblie, and lost time after time. I finally made the right set of adjustments to my Lu Bu team and finally beat it just a few minutes ago. Stoked that I beat it, but geez that was rough.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

I managed to beat it with just a single edit to my Sarasvati team. Raphael covered my light and fire requirements, while letting me delay so I had Karin's ability to use on Surtr himself.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Almost have my Saria hypermaxed. Just need +31 HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem