New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVII: Cross Your Hearts and Make Things Die

https://www.padherder.com/user/Mysti...0,0,;element,0

Updated Padherder with everything relevant. My Primary team is a Sarasvati team (Which should be listed). I would like to put my Neptune Dragon, or BlOdin on it (Yay for Lucky godfest rolls!) but neither of them really seem to do something I want, unless somebody has a better perspective on something I could replace. Or just a team to put BlOdin on, because he feels like he could be an MVP on something.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVII: Cross Your Hearts and Make Things Die

I took a small break from the game (I was getting very tired of the grinding required to skill stuff up, and more often than not getting no skill up anyway.) But have started playing again the past couple of weeks.

I've manage to clear the descend challenge for the first time, though there are still several dungeons in there that I can't beat reliably. I'm still using the same Gadius team I've had forever now (Gadius, Yamato, RLFreyr, Mitsuki, Phoenix Knight Homura), since the game won't give me any of the other things to use. I used my Green Athena team for the things Gadius can't do (GGChair Committee Athena, Avalon Drake, Gaia, Australis, Odin), since it seems to do really well for having just been slapped together for fun after pulling Australis.

I wish the game didn't have so much grinding built into it, I want to challenge myself, not run the same boring old old dungeon over and over trying to gather up the monsters I need to improve a team.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

What are the thoughts on the GFE machine?

I've got about half of them already and I'm not sure which ones are going to be a great option for me. Don't have much else to do with my stones but still don't want to waste them.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    What are the thoughts on the GFE machine?

I've got about half of them already and I'm not sure which ones are going to be a great option for me. Don't have much else to do with my stones but still don't want to waste them.
    I rolled twice because why not.

I got LMeta #4 and Paimon.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

My wife had 3 pulls and got 3 she didn't have.
    I had 3 pulls: fenrir #2 (still no use for the first), gaius #2 (3 if you count the bride special one), and last was GrOdin #3

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

I did two pulls, in the hope of getting either BLonia, or BLOdin, instead I got some weird chick called Australis, and then D.Kali which is cool as I now have both light and dark kali ^^. If I had had enough for a third pull I think I'd probably have given it another try, there were at least 8 people I wanted, 2 I really wanted, 1 that was in between(Red Odin), and the rest could have been cool really.

Anyone know how useful Australis is? What kind of team would she fit on?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

I got a Gadius, which I'll look into using, and a Fenrir Viz who will almost certainly be turned into monster points.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    I got a Gadius, which I'll look into using, and a Fenrir Viz who will almost certainly be turned into monster points.
    If you end up using Gadius that's what I use mainly mine has maxed out skill, and pluses. If you want to trade friend codes let me know.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeh, couple of pulls for me too, got Fenrir #2 and Gronia #2, both of whom are already monster points. Oh well.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

Between saved and bought stones I had 9 pulls on the gfe machine. I got Ronove #2, Ronove #3, D.Kali #2, Ronia, Gadius #3, Sheiras #3, Fenrir #3, Grodin, Ronove #4. Or, what's probably more accurate, a giant pile of MP. Because screw this message you're trying to send me REM, i'm not running ronove.

(The only one of those i'm particularly happy for is the grodin, and even then mostly because the super duper bind clear could be useful. And if it can be used to cheese a high level challenge dungeon i can't otherwise do because i'm bad. My first DKali only ever found use as a bind clearer on ad luci and last ditch heartmaker/half-baked combo with persephone, as i'm not a huge fan of rainbow teams.)
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.

Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

I got Ronia #2, a bit disappointed over that. Is there any reason to need a second Ronia?

Also, additional question. I have a DLG Valkyrie. I have Ana. With the exception of the skill change, DLG Ana appears to be strictly superior to DLG Valk in every respect. Is it worth Ulting into DLG Ana? Is there any reason, other than the distant and improbable possibility of Khepri, not to Ult into DLG Ana?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I did two pulls, in the hope of getting either BLonia, or BLOdin, instead I got some weird chick called Australis, and then D.Kali which is cool as I now have both light and dark kali ^^. If I had had enough for a third pull I think I'd probably have given it another try, there were at least 8 people I wanted, 2 I really wanted, 1 that was in between(Red Odin), and the rest could have been cool really.

Anyone know how useful Australis is? What kind of team would she fit on?
    I have her on my A. Lie Bei team. She would also fit well on any green team, especially any row based team. On green teams not based on rows she would probably make a better option for skill transfer as her awakenings aren't worth anything to a non-row team.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

I cleared the one shot challenge. I started with Plessy, so I've got a Zeus Dragon now.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Starting to dislike the memorial REM. 2 of my last 3 pulls have been Hades. And the other was also a dupe, a 2nd Ruel(green angel thingie). Bah Humbug!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Finall cleared Fagan. So now I have access to Arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I cleared the one shot challenge. I started with Plessy, so I've got a Zeus Dragon now.
    I got one too. Praise Sarasvati!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

They've released the new pantheon to North America, but there isn't an event for them yet. When they make said event I'm reinstalling PAD and rolling till I get the dark attribute guy with the 30x autoattack.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Well, finally cleared Sonia Gran Descended today. It'll take a bit, but working on evolving her, even if I don't have a specific use for her at the moment.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Academia View Post
    Hey Starwulf,

From what I can see, your strongest team is actually green. You will ultimately be able to build a killer Vishnuu team once his Ult Ult Evo comes out:

Vishnu / Green Sonia / Genbu Princess of Leisure, Meimei (This card is so so so strong) / Green Angel Ruel with Green Guan Yu for Skill Inherit (For Bind Clears) / Flex: Fryeja for more damage, Awoken Artemis for more wood orb change, OR Awoken Susano for tank / Friend's Vishnu

Aca
    So, the Vishnu Ult is out, and for whatever reason I thought the team would consist of both of them, LOL, so now I have two Ult. Vishnu's, and I imagine I won't ever use the 2nd one.

I have a bit of a question. I've obtained a few other green monsters since this post, some of them that seem like they would be quite strong, so I'm kind of left wondering which I should slot in as the 4th(You left the 4th slot open, giving me 3 options). So, new options: 2nd Ult'd Vishnu, Final form of Cauchemar, Reincarnated Zeal, a 2nd Ruel(she's not leveled/ult'd, but that wouldn't take too terribly long), Osiris(Ult.d) Ronove, Australis.

Would any of those provide more utility/power then the previous 3 you mentioned(Freyja/Artemis/Susano)?

The idea of a team that could push out #'s as high as you mentioned sounds quite fun, even if it is quite challenging. I just finished the Seraphis descended challenge thing where I had to use Acala, and after 6 failures, I finally managed to get use to making Wood Crosses, and doing 2x of those for x81 damage was just insane. If this Vishnu team can make #'s anywhere close to that, I will be quite happy :)
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2016-11-30 at 07:49 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi, everyone. I still live. I'm playing regularly again after just daily logins for a month or so. I am working up the materials, as much as I can, for the Ultimate RaDra, because he looks awesome.

I am prepared to throw stones at both MechaZeus and ZeusDra to get him, too.
    PAD - 357,549,260

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    They've released the new pantheon to North America, but there isn't an event for them yet. When they make said event I'm reinstalling PAD and rolling till I get the dark attribute guy with the 30x autoattack.
    Got HIM!!!! (Had to reinstall 5 times: Dmeta, Persephone, Ilm, Zweihander, This guy)

Here we go easy street. And as a bonus if I ever get good at the game he has a decent multiplier.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2016-11-30 at 02:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Hi, everyone. I still live. I'm playing regularly again after just daily logins for a month or so. I am working up the materials, as much as I can, for the Ultimate RaDra, because he looks awesome.

I am prepared to throw stones at both MechaZeus and ZeusDra to get him, too.
    That does look pretty absurd. Actually kinda makes me feel good about buying him, again. Even though I keep him in slot 1, I've barely been using RaDra at all since the combination of a workable You Yu team and the new Krishna ult means I have better options for both glass cannon and tanky teams.

Edit: Though seriously, that Japanese name translates as "omnipotent god, Ra Dragon." I'm not sure where you go past omnipotent.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2016-11-30 at 03:14 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    That does look pretty absurd. Actually kinda makes me feel good about buying him, again. Even though I keep him in slot 1, I've barely been using RaDra at all since the combination of a workable You Yu team and the new Krishna ult means I have better options for both glass cannon and tanky teams.
    I've been working on buffing my Myr team, which is really solid but which I'm not great at yet.

I just (finally, like I said I've been PAD-hibernating for months now) evolved my A.Liu Bei, too. He's pretty remarkably strong!

Edit: Though seriously, that Japanese name translates as "omnipotent god, Ra Dragon." I'm not sure where you go past omnipotent.
    Well, when you get 75k hp on your own with sufficient rcv and a better-scaling damage set...

His evo mats are absurd, though, for NA. Right now the only way to snag a Radar Dragon in NA is Arena 3, and they drop 1/3 of the time, AND there's lots of possible dragons appearing.

Oh, so godfest news. Urd #4 (kept for now? probably sold if i need it) and (finally a year and a half after it would have been totally relevant for me) Phoenix Rider. I will probably skill inherit him, tho, because that's a rad skill.
    Last edited by obryn; 2016-11-30 at 03:50 PM.
    PAD - 357,549,260

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

What's better between days one and two of this Godfest? I'm torn.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post

His evo mats are absurd, though, for NA. Right now the only way to snag a Radar Dragon in NA is Arena 3, and they drop 1/3 of the time, AND there's lots of possible dragons appearing.

Oh, so godfest news. Urd #4 (kept for now? probably sold if i need it) and (finally a year and a half after it would have been totally relevant for me) Phoenix Rider. I will probably skill inherit him, tho, because that's a rad skill.
    I started Plessy, so I already have a Zeus dragon from clearing one shot challenge 4. Machine Zeus seems like a tough nut to crack, but I'm pretty sure You Yu and a few stones could make it happen if I really needed one. The 8 combo requirement is a pain in the neck though, I'd be worried about messing up my burst turn.

Edit: Oh, and I pulled Hermes in the godfest today, so that significantly boosts that You Yu team even further. He was the only Greek 2 I was still missing.

Second edit: Also, we could always just do this run for machine Zeus. Because Echidna never dies.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2016-11-30 at 05:28 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

The wisdom kings have enabled a path to victory against Celestial Black Dragon normal dungeon:

1 +495 atk Reincarnated Hinokagutsuchi with 4 latent attack awakenings as leader with 20% wisdom king (Trailokyavijaya) gravity skill transfer
    4 4 skill boost tengus with wisdom king 20% gravity skill transfer

Strategy: Quite Difficult
    Match orbs each round to clear.
    Match orbs once to clear 2 lesser dragons on final round. Activate the gravities that deal 20% of max hp each to clear zaerog.

With a bit of luck and skill this can work.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    The wisdom kings have enabled a path to victory against Celestial Black Dragon normal dungeon:

1 +495 atk Reincarnated Hinokagutsuchi with 4 latent attack awakenings as leader with 20% wisdom king (Trailokyavijaya) gravity skill transfer
    4 4 skill boost tengus with wisdom king 20% gravity skill transfer

Strategy: Quite Difficult
    Match orbs each round to clear.
    Match orbs once to clear 2 lesser dragons on final round. Activate the gravities that deal 20% of max hp each to clear zaerog.

With a bit of luck and skill this can work.
    I should know better than to engage, but for real, if you have 5 of her for the skill transfer, you definitely have a box which can field that dungeon with button presses.
    PAD - 357,549,260

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

I pulled on FFREM instead of Godfest (the wisdom kings don't really inspire me) and got Penelo, Ace, Tidus, Aemo #2, Aemo #3, and Noctis.

Noctis looks interesting. Maybe hard to play, but interesting. Definitely a great sub for a number of teams though.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Quick question: What is the encounter rate on the jewel invades? I've run Hera-Ur Mythical difficulty 9 times so far and have not gotten a single invade, it's driving me nuts! I need green jewels for some evo's.

Edit: Sigh, the #'s I found were 15-20%, but I didn't have any sort of experience like that. 0/17 runs >< All of them successful, not a single one yielded me a jewel invade.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2016-12-02 at 02:51 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Quick question: What is the encounter rate on the jewel invades? I've run Hera-Ur Mythical difficulty 9 times so far and have not gotten a single invade, it's driving me nuts! I need green jewels for some evo's.

Edit: Sigh, the #'s I found were 15-20%, but I didn't have any sort of experience like that. 0/17 runs >< All of them successful, not a single one yielded me a jewel invade.
    I've typically seen 5-10%, though I think it varies by length of dungeon, as it's a chance for every non-boss floor. My favorite of all time was on Zaerog infinity, where an invade replaced his first form.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes