New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVII: Cross Your Hearts and Make Things Die

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I've been trying to set up a Shiva team for a while, but haven't been able to get Theurgia to do it. The Grimoires dungeon is a struggle for me, and the time I DID beat it I got Armadel instead. =/

Good to know he's a solid sub though. Maybe he'll work well with Ronia too? The Dreadful Warrior one is a Devil, looks like.
    A.Shiva is a solid leader, and Reincarnated Shiva is just excellent. There's a few other Descends where you can get Theurgia - have you checked into them?

When you get to the point where it matters, Reincarnated Shiva really is just far superior to his counterpart. Be advised, though - Reincarnated monsters have a 16 million (!) XP curve, so you're looking at several Lvl50 Snowglobe Dragons (or, like, countless Super Kings) to max them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    I've evolved mine into the Fire/Dark Dreadful Warrior, Sanada Yukimura, who works better as a leader than a sub, unlike the Fire/Fire Patriot Warrior, Sanada Yukimura, but I honestly wanted more access to good Dark damage over bonkers fire damage, which I had even before I evolved him, thanks to (at the time) Awoken Shiva and friend lead Awoken Shiva. With Reincarnated Shiva's BONKERS total multiplier (x3.5 Attack with seven combos, plus x2 Attack for all Fire element monsters, or, when paired with another RShiva, 12.25 Attack with seven combos, plus x4 Attack for all Fire element monsters, giving me a total of x49 attack on optimal play, plus any TPAs and Rows I match, as well as any enhanced orb multipliers (42 Enhanced Fire Orbs gives me a multiplier of x4.75, for what it's worth)), I need access to more elements, so I can run my RShiva team through Rainbow Dungeons.
    I'd still have gone with the Fire/Fire one
    PAD - 357,549,260

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons in the Playground XVII: Cross Your Hearts and Make Things Die

Hmm, I do have a few of those sitting around...

And man, I would have tried Aamir the other day if I'd known she could drop from there.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Just evo'd Christmas Liu Bei. I'll see about maxing out his skill in the Christmas dungeon.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Hmm, I do have a few of those sitting around...

And man, I would have tried Aamir the other day if I'd known she could drop from there.
    Yeah, but be warned - it will take 4m xp to get him to max level as Awoken Shiva, and then another 16m to get him to max level as Reincarnated Shiva.

What I'm saying is uh... wait for XP bonus days.
    PAD - 357,549,260

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    A.Shiva is a solid leader, and Reincarnated Shiva is just excellent. There's a few other Descends where you can get Theurgia - have you checked into them?

When you get to the point where it matters, Reincarnated Shiva really is just far superior to his counterpart. Be advised, though - Reincarnated monsters have a 16 million (!) XP curve, so you're looking at several Lvl50 Snowglobe Dragons (or, like, countless Super Kings) to max them out.

I'd still have gone with the Fire/Fire one
    I took a picture of Reincarnated Shiva with 5 snowglobe dragons in the feed slots (not all red, I didn't have enough red) and it was like "will be level 93 after completion." I feel like it's a good candidate for one of those contests where they ask you what's wrong with this picture.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

6. - Top - End - #246
    Bugbear in the Playground

So got the itch again and started the account recovery process.
    They told me to rename my new account TBD0297. Think they're trying to tell me something?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I took a picture of Reincarnated Shiva with 5 snowglobe dragons in the feed slots (not all red, I didn't have enough red) and it was like "will be level 93 after completion." I feel like it's a good candidate for one of those contests where they ask you what's wrong with this picture.
    I lucked out and got 1.5x on the 3 I fed to Minerva.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    They told me to rename my new account TBD0297. Think they're trying to tell me something?
    'sup dude?

Me too. I was out for a few months, but I'm back for a while.
    PAD - 357,549,260

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    That's actually their naming convention. When I revived my nephew's account, it was also TBD####.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes, but 297
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

So, grinded for a while and finally got up to 5 Magic Stones again, pulled from the Godfest machine and got...Phoenix Rider. =/

Still, thinking this was as good a time as any to drop my first purchase on this game (Google Play credits yay!) I bought the one-time bargain set.

From the free pull from that special REM, I got Anubis. Neat. And then from the Godfest I got Grape Dragon (why) and Akechi Mitsuhide.

I don't know what I expected.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

A few ideas:

1> Have an option to invert selling at the end of a dungeon so that you select the ones you want to keep, but sell automatically otherwise when it is toggled to this option. Or perhaps a sell all button.

2> Random/unguaranteed treasure chests (as in not the ones that drop always such as in the case of hades at the end of King of the Underworld or the weekend dungeon monsters) can contain monster points or pal points instead of coins (so 3 different possible contents)

3>

Jester
    5 Stars
    Dark/Light
    Attacker/Healer

HPS: 2290
    ATK: 1780
    RCV: 478

Awakenings: TPA, Dark Orb+, Light Orb+, Balance Killer (An extra one of each of these for an evo form)

Active Skill "Roll The Dice" (5 turn cd min and max): Activate a random skill*.
    Leader Skill "Pick A Card, Any Card": 3x ATK when attacking with light and dark. Various effects at certain combo amounts of 5+**. Each combo reduces skill cooldown of Leader's Roll the Dice by 1.

Shifting: Refreshes all orbs.
    Locking: No skyfall combos for 1 turn.
    Damage Shield: 50% damage shield for 1 turn.
    Damage Amplify: 2x ATK for 1 turn.
    Heal: Heal 10% of max HP.
    Damage: 10% Gravity.
    Poison: Poison for 1x ATK
    Cure: Reduce Binds by 1 Turn

5 Combos: Increased Skyfall chance for Dark and Light orbs by 10% each for 1 turn
    6 Combos: Decreased Skyfall chance for Dark and Light orbs by 10% each for 1 turn
    7 Combos: 2x ATK, RCV, and a 50% damage shield for 1 turn.
    8 Combos: Decreased Skyfall chance for Heart orbs by 10% for 1 turn

Alternatively, for a less random active:
    Tactile Alchemy - Dark: Touching an orb changes it. 10 changes allowed for 1 turn.

Other>Dark>Fire>Heart>Light>Water>Wood>Dark
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2016-12-17 at 05:45 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Anubis is awesome... If you are really really good.

Akechi is a top tier dark sub, and top tier dark skill inherit. Multiples of him are good!

So I had a few more pulls.

Vajrahfjdjdifnfbdilshs
    Dantalion

The latter is a 6* gfe, who could be good someday?

The former... Eeehhhhhhh....
    PAD - 357,549,260

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Anubis is awesome... If you are really really good.

Akechi is a top tier dark sub, and top tier dark skill inherit. Multiples of him are good!

So I had a few more pulls.

Vajrahfjdjdifnfbdilshs
    Dantalion

The latter is a 6* gfe, who could be good someday?

The former... Eeehhhhhhh....
    Vajrayaksa? The light one? He's sketchy. His skill cooldown is really long, although if you can get it up, he's offering 3 turns of double light damage and a skill refresh on the rest of the party, which is not bad. Strikes me as a possible Ra or Radra sub in the same vein as Kanna.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Vajrayaksa? The light one? He's sketchy. His skill cooldown is really long, although if you can get it up, he's offering 3 turns of double light damage and a skill refresh on the rest of the party, which is not bad. Strikes me as a possible Ra or Radra sub in the same vein as Kanna.
    More likely Vajrabhairava since it's currently the dark carnival. If you get his attack high enough to deal 67777+ damage you can use him as a button press leader against metal dragon temporary dungeons. Also, his active looks better than loki's for dark teams. As a leader, his 6x multiplier for 8 combos is pretty nice too if you don't have better things.

At 82 magic stones now. After the egg tama event (7) and the next xp of a lifetime I'll be at 90. Then 5 more for the monthly dealie and 5 more from some other sources and I'll be sitting at 100 stones with Aizen's name on them.

Spoiler: Don't read this if you don't like broken stuff
    Show

I Wish I had this card (I'd be able to PAD then)

Urd Dragon
    Attacker/Healer/Dragon
    Fire/Water
    8 STARS
    Max LVL: 99
    XP to MAX: 4,000,000
    No Evos

HPS: 5555
    ATK: 2222
    RCV: 777

Awoken Skills:
    Bind Resist x2
    Skill Boost x2
    TPA x3
    SBR x2

Active Skill: Dark Orbs to Fire Orbs. +20% Fire Orbs Skyfall Chance for 3 turns. CD 6 min, 8 max.

Leader Skill: Fire atk x6, HP x2, RCV x2. ATK/RCV/Orb Move time x2 when activating a Skill. ATK x2.5/50% damage shield at 3+ combos.

Art description: mostly human with following exceptions, red wings, thin blue tail, 4 arms, long silver hair, pointed ears, red dress with blue trim, one red magic circle in front of lower right hand (blue for lower left), upper arms crossing fingers behind head.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2016-12-17 at 08:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Grinded up to another pull, and got me Castor. I'm not sure where he falls in the meta of this game, but nice art and the ability to nuke Poison and Jammers endears him to me.

And with that I think I have enough Dark type mons to make a team. Lucifer, Satan, Hanzo, Akechi, Zuoh, Fenrir, Anubis, Diadem, Hera, Tiamat, Lilith, Vampire Lord, Izanami, and now Castor.

I can see the benefits of most of these as subs, but not sure who should lead. SOC Lucifer seems the best candidate, but the stat boosts are pretty lackluster all in all.

Izanami leading with Zuoh, Castor, Lucifer, Akechi, and Anubis(?) maybe? If I had an Izanami friend it could be some ludicrous damage output as long as I don't do any dungeon with preemptive attacks.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

I now have a third Kaede.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post

You have like the top team in the game then.
    PAD - 357,549,260

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I still need a bind clearer (My Grodin?) And something for slot 5. Plus, my other two still need hypermaxed, and I don't know when the dungeon for their skillups is coming back around.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Jealous, I haven't gotten any additional Kaede since the first godfest after she came out. I did pick up Sherias Roots on my phone though, nephew rolls way better than I do. Not that I have an immediate use for him.

In personal yay news, I just finished clearing these Challenge dungeons - level 10 was ridiculously difficult! I ran it multiplayer style, and was able to stall long enough to get both Orochi up, through judicious use of Menace against multiple lower stages and allowing myself to get hit so I could take more time against floors one and three. Ended up being really careful about floor 4, actually, as I had to take hits from both Chimera to refresh my ability to delay them. Zeus himself took both gravities plus every orb change I had available, and crazy good comboing, in order to bring him down.. and went down just in time before he OHKO'ed me. But for the first time in ages, I've bothered to try and finish a challenge dungeon, and succeeded! Pretty stoked.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Jealous, I haven't gotten any additional Kaede since the first godfest after she came out. I did pick up Sherias Roots on my phone though, nephew rolls way better than I do. Not that I have an immediate use for him.

In personal yay news, I just finished clearing these Challenge dungeons - level 10 was ridiculously difficult! I ran it multiplayer style, and was able to stall long enough to get both Orochi up, through judicious use of Menace against multiple lower stages and allowing myself to get hit so I could take more time against floors one and three. Ended up being really careful about floor 4, actually, as I had to take hits from both Chimera to refresh my ability to delay them. Zeus himself took both gravities plus every orb change I had available, and crazy good comboing, in order to bring him down.. and went down just in time before he OHKO'ed me. But for the first time in ages, I've bothered to try and finish a challenge dungeon, and succeeded! Pretty stoked.
    Good job, dude! This was by far the easiest C10 yet for me, because it was kind of a reward to people who have been playing since 2013 or so.

Me? I beat it the old-fashioned way. By stalling my brains out on Masks. It was still a close thing; Zeus himself has sooooo many hit points compared to the team you're running that, even with a pair of 35% gravities and an Orochi delay, I had to combo the hell out of him.

It was nice to visit 2013, but I'm glad I don't have to live there anymore.

Well, I still need a bind clearer (My Grodin?) And something for slot 5. Plus, my other two still need hypermaxed, and I don't know when the dungeon for their skillups is coming back around.
    Well, even with what you have, you can almost definitely run some killer dungeons.

I don't even have ONE Kaede.
    Last edited by obryn; 2016-12-18 at 02:06 AM.
    PAD - 357,549,260

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

He's not kidding. Kaede in multiples has a super amazing combo of refreshing their own skills, reducing damage, and doing an absolutely absurd amount of output. Honestly, the team is probably best (except for very specific things) just with 6 Kaedes to constantly spam skills.

You'll need to get them all statted up and especially skill maxed, of course, and you can fill in the other slots with useful things like bind clear, skill bind resist, and additional heart and wood orb creation depending on what you've got. But seriously, just 3 Kaede's and a friend Kaede ought to be able to clear everything that isn't listed as "annihilation" difficulty once you've got them all statted up. I too am very jealous, I've only got a single one.

Good job, dude! This was by far the easiest C10 yet for me, because it was kind of a reward to people who have been playing since 2013 or so.

Me? I beat it the old-fashioned way. By stalling my brains out on Masks. It was still a close thing; Zeus himself has sooooo many hit points compared to the team you're running that, even with a pair of 35% gravities and an Orochi delay, I had to combo the hell out of him.

I wasn't playing back then, but this dungeon for me was really a testament to how much better I've become as a player, and felt very rewarding. I ran it single player and was successfully making 5-6 combos every time that I wanted without any time extend awakenings. That and stalling on masks (which I figured when I saw that Orochi skill cooldown and a team with no awakenings) allowed me to do enough damage to kill Zeus, though only just barely. But I distinctly remember starting with Vishnu and having no idea how I could ever get two wood combos on the same round, and struggling with getting the 6 combos for Awoken Shiva with 2 additional seconds from the awakenings (and how hard Wadatsumi was without that extra time). So, being able to handle this felt really good.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, hey, looks like the Dimension Dragon dungeons are coming back around, so I can max out Tsubaki, and my other two Kaedes.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I haven't been playing that long, I got 800 day reward just before this Godfest. I had never had to do this dungeon with a team like that - I always had awoken skills, and used Gronia to start. I can appreciate that I got to taste that original style, but I am also glad that the game has a much more varied style now.

I'm also glad for my extensive use of Bastet, and my regular runs of Zaerog with her. Made hitting 6 combos for 6 consecutive turns quite a bit easier.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

I pulled a dupe Liu Bei and my wife got Andromeda.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

I managed to barely squeeze together enough stones for one more pull. Sun Wukong. If I was going to get a non-exclusive, I would have preferred Persephone.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

My younger son pulled Christmas Liu Bei out of the freebie machine. It's all downhill from here. :)
    PAD - 357,549,260

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

I managed to barely squeeze together enough stones for one more pull. Sun Wukong. If I was going to get a non-exclusive, I would have preferred Persephone.
    I'd have loved Sun Wukong, my last pull got me Dill Sirius.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

At 90 magic stones now (day 20, 10 more till 5 monthly) 5 more tamas will give 100 stones in 10 days.

Got Sightseeing Sorceress, Ars Paulina from the free christmas spin. Got Raphael from free 150 rank spin.

Team for Extreme King Metal Dragon

Siren Max Evo with healing awakening and just enough healing to heal the damage the king dragons on 1 and 3 deal.
    Shadow Lord
    Mechadon
    Mechadon
    Neo Exdeath

Team for Metal Dragon, Gold Dragon, Gem Dragons, Dragon Carnivals: 70k autodamage DRava.
    Dream Team for Extreme King Metal Dragon: DRava, Passionate Sun Diety Ra Fully Awakened and max skilled.
    ===

Imaginary Dungeon - Carbunculus
    Fixed Team

Lvl 1 Carbuncool
    Lvl 1 Red Carbuncle
    Lvl 1 Blue Carbuncle
    Lvl 1 Green Carbuncle
    Lvl 1 Yellow Carbuncle
    Lvl 1 Purple Carbuncle

New Monster Carbuncool:

Type: Healer
    Element: Light
    Rarity: 5 Stars
    Cost: ?
    MPoint: 10
    Max Lvl 50

HPS: 175 (880)
    ATK: 114 (286)
    RCV: 129 (425)

Active [Quick Heal]<CD 8 Turns ( 3 Turns at Lv.6 )>: Recover RCV x5 HP. Bind recovery for 2 turns.
    Leader Skill [Carbuncool]: ATK x5 when attacking with Fire, Water, Wood, Light & Dark orb types at the same time. Heal RCV x1 as HP after every orbs elimination.

New Monster Carbunculus:

Type: Physical/Healer/Attacker
    Element: Light/Dark
    Rarity: 6 Stars
    Cost: ?
    MPoint: 10
    Max Lvl 99

HPS: 175 (4725)
    ATK: 114 (1673)
    RCV: 129 (698)
    Awoken Skills: Skill Boost, Bind Resist x2, Fire Resist, Water Resist, Wood Resist, Light Resist, Dark Resist
    Active [Quick Heal]<CD 8 Turns ( 3 Turns at Lv.6 )>: Recover RCV x5 HP. Bind recovery for 2 turns.
    Leader Skill [Carbunculus]: ATK x6 when attacking with Fire, Water, Wood, Light & Dark orb types at the same time.

Evolves from Carbuncool: Evo Requirements = Mars Light Carbuncle, Mercury Light Carbuncle, Earth Light Carbuncle, Sunlight Carbuncle, Moonlight Carbuncle

===

It occurs to me that it is theoretically possible to "roleplay" made up dungeons with Dawnglare and some way to see the person's screen. Would take a while though.

===

Without Replay
    With Replay
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2016-12-19 at 04:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Christmas Paulina is actually great for a Sumire team.

If, you know, you have Sumire. :)
    PAD - 357,549,260

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. I do, actually. And that's what I got from the free pull as well.

If this keeps up all my teams are gonna be Water though. Is it just me or are half the monsters in this game Water?