Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 153
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sad place

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    It's not highjacking. I think we can contribute with our own stuff too if it's relevant to the thread. I think it would be unnecessary to have multiple threads that have the same stuff from different authors: "Witticisms of Jon_Dahl", "Witticisms of X", "Witticisms of Y"... If there's a thread for witticisms, just use it to show your own stuff, and there you have it.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground
     
    golentan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bottom of a well

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Great. If you ever come up with one, feel free to let us know.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

    Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

    Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sad place

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Great. If you ever come up with one, feel free to let us know.
    I didn't understand. If I come up with a witticism, right? I'll delete this message after receiving an answer.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AliceLost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    I'm not entirely sure...
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Dahl View Post
    It's not highjacking. I think we can contribute with our own stuff too if it's relevant to the thread. I think it would be unnecessary to have multiple threads that have the same stuff from different authors: "Witticisms of Jon_Dahl", "Witticisms of X", "Witticisms of Y"... If there's a thread for witticisms, just use it to show your own stuff, and there you have it.
    I'm confident if you start a "Witticisms of Jon_Dahl" thread, it'll make it to page 4 before getting locked. You should try it, so we can stop derailing this one.

    Kid Jake, more snarky one liners! More!
    My awesome avatar by the lovely "the_fennecfox"

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kid Jake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Since you asked so nice, I'll post the first handful I can find before hitting the sack.

    Spoiler: She wonders how you define the 'radical left.'
    Show
    By the time they're considered part of the 'radical left' I'd say things are pretty severe. I'd imagine they own two...maybe even three berets.


    Spoiler: Her favorite channel is the Food Network.
    Show
    Do you actually like cooking, or do you just tune into the food channel to stare at them enviously and plot?


    Spoiler: She claims to be the female Ron Swanson.
    Show
    I always thought that the female version of Ron Swanson would have an equally impressive mustache. Just..you know, braided or something.


    Spoiler: She wants to find a great conversationalist.
    Show
    Not to toot my own horn, but I am a DAZZLING conversationalist. Just give me a person a place and an activity.

    No wait...that's improv. Improv is the thing that I'm good at.

    Sorry, my mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground
     
    georgie_leech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Spoiler: She claims to be the female Ron Swanson.
    Show
    I always thought that the female version of Ron Swanson would have an equally impressive mustache. Just..you know, braided or something.
    Spoiler: Spoilers for the mobile folks
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    So a ranger is like a Bachelor of Applied Druidology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    What's the word for 'fear of being eaten by a mounted bear in half-plate' again? Because that's the one I have.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kid Jake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Now that's a handsome lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Spoiler: She wants to find a great conversationalist.
    Show
    Not to toot my own horn, but I am a DAZZLING conversationalist. Just give me a person a place and an activity.

    No wait...that's improv. Improv is the thing that I'm good at.

    Sorry, my mistake.
    This one. This one was good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SaintRidley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The land of corn

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Now that's a handsome lady.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dinosaur Museum aw yisss.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show


    There are some very great messages there For comparison, this is my usual inbox status (punctuated by comments about my boobs):
    Spoiler
    Show




    As an OKC veteran I could have a look at your profile if you like. With your pictures, even the ugliest man in the world can take a good photo, and I'm guessing you're not him, and it does make a difference. Seems like you're not really after advice, though - though if you were, I'd ask whether those are the whole of your messages or whether you follow it up with something else. Great openers, but would probably be good to follow with the start of a proper conversation.
    But if you're happy with what you do then you do what you do

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kid Jake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    There are some very great messages there For comparison, this is my usual inbox status (punctuated by comments about my boobs):
    Spoiler
    Show

    I've gotten some of those before. It's worse than no response, because where the hell do you go from there? "'sup?" "Yo?" "And a fine afternoon to yourself my friend, a true pleasure to make the acquaintance of one so insightful and witty as yourself?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    As an OKC veteran I could have a look at your profile if you like. With your pictures, even the ugliest man in the world can take a good photo, and I'm guessing you're not him, and it does make a difference. Seems like you're not really after advice, though - though if you were, I'd ask whether those are the whole of your messages or whether you follow it up with something else. Great openers, but would probably be good to follow with the start of a proper conversation.
    But if you're happy with what you do then you do what you do
    Seems like I've always taken terrible photos. They're a good likeness, but terrible photos.

    I have managed a few conversations on there, but it seems impossible to actually hold someone's attention. Either they ignore me (which is fair enough, I'd probably ignore me until I went away too) or they give 2-3 word replies until I run out of ways to stretch that into something that looks like a conversation and I excuse myself to find someone else to bother; since it's hard to tell if it's disinterest and they're just one of those people who are too polite to tell me to go away or if they're on a dating site because they're just that bad with people. The longest I've talked to someone, that actually seemed engaged, was when I ended up giving a girl advice on how to fix her router; but that literally only lasted until the router booted up, so....a technical success I guess?

    So advice is welcome, but I'm pretty much doing this because I find it all amusing but it's wrong to just sit and laugh at your own jokes over and over again by yourself. That's what crazy people do, and I've already got enough marks against me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground
     
    FinnLassie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Uusimaa

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Gotta ask... do you ever cringe at what you've written? This is some hilarious stuff, but as you go through your messages do you ever go "what why oh why why"?

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kid Jake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Nah, I've got a rich history of saying things that would make lesser men facepalm in embarrassment. I do occasionally say to myself "So THAT'S why she deleted her profile..." though. I mean if I could redo some of these I probably would, but I can't so there's no reason to worry about what past-me's already done. Besides, who knows what the hell I'd come up with on the second pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground
     
    georgie_leech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Nah, I've got a rich history of saying things that would make lesser men facepalm in embarrassment. I do occasionally say to myself "So THAT'S why she deleted her profile..." though. I mean if I could redo some of these I probably would, but I can't so there's no reason to worry about what past-me's already done. Besides, who knows what the hell I'd come up with on the second pass.
    Probably something hilarious. This thread is making me wish there was a "subscribe to poster" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    So a ranger is like a Bachelor of Applied Druidology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    What's the word for 'fear of being eaten by a mounted bear in half-plate' again? Because that's the one I have.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Oz county
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    There are some very great messages there For comparison, this is my usual inbox status (punctuated by comments about my boobs):
    Spoiler
    Show

    :
    I'll bet all those "hey" messages make boob comments almost witty by comparison. Actually I highly doubt it, but it does raise the question of why bother sending a message if that's the pinnacle of their opening lines.

    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane. (I consider that a plus, btw.)
    I used to live in a world of terrible beauty, and then the beauty left.
    Dioxazine purple.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kid Jake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
    Probably something hilarious. This thread is making me wish there was a "subscribe to poster" button.
    It'd mostly just be campaign recaps and me waving around pieces of clay that I made look like things. Both of which I've been neglecting lately, due to all the time I've spent documenting my seduction harassment of the ladies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    I'll bet all those "hey" messages make boob comments almost witty by comparison. Actually I highly doubt it, but it does raise the question of why bother sending a message if that's the pinnacle of their opening lines.
    At least in droomtc's case, it looks like he's hoping his 'guns' will do the talking for him after he's made the necessary introductions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane. (I consider that a plus, btw.)
    I think I'ma sig that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Oz county
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    I think I'ma sig that.
    Have at it. You've more than earned it.

    My daughter has been asking what I'm laughing at when I read your humor. I've elected to say "nothing" because trying to explain it to a four year old is more than my sanity can take. Because eventually "why" stops sounding like an actual word.
    I used to live in a world of terrible beauty, and then the beauty left.
    Dioxazine purple.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    So advice is welcome,
    You probably won't like the one single elephant-in-the-room piece of advice then, which is that your approach of showing off how clever you are with a one liner (sometimes even putting her down in the process) is very bad if your goal is to get replies, then get to know them better and eventually meet them on dates and eventually get into a relationship with one.

    On the other hand, I guess one could say that it's a powerful filter for the very rare type of girl who won't be rubbed the wrong way by it.

    But given that even the most desirable men out there have abysmal reply rates, I'm not sure adding one more filtering layer -- and a really strong one at that -- is what you want to do at this point.

    I'm pretty sure you're enjoying this mild trolling anyway, so I'd say you're more than welcome to continue :)

    For more interesting results (since the goal isn't to get to meet girls anyway) you might try again using a random handsome guy pic like you did already in the past, see if you get more two-way interaction.
    Offer good while supplies last. Two to a customer. Each item sold separately. Batteries not included. Mileage may vary. All sales are final. Allow six weeks for delivery. Some items not available. Some assembly required. Some restrictions may apply. All entries become our property. Employees not eligible. Entry fees not refundable. Local restrictions apply. Void where prohibited. Except in Indiana.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground
     
    golentan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bottom of a well

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Nah, I've got a rich history of saying things that would make lesser men facepalm in embarrassment. I do occasionally say to myself "So THAT'S why she deleted her profile..." though. I mean if I could redo some of these I probably would, but I can't so there's no reason to worry about what past-me's already done. Besides, who knows what the hell I'd come up with on the second pass.
    Hey, I mean... The reason I deleted my profile back when was because the person I was talking to turned out to be SUPER racist.

    So if you're just going with embarrassing and insane, I would say you are well ahead of the curve.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

    Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

    Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Velaryon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    If you're 0 for 300 then you've got an even worse track record than I do. But then it seems from the research I did the first time I signed up on OKCupid that even a guy who's doing everything "right" will only get a reply at all maybe one time in five.

    For what it's worth, I am really enjoying reading the excerpts you've given us. Some of your humor has a bit of meanness to it, whether that's intended or not. It doesn't bother me at all, but then I'm not the people you're hoping to hook.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Spoiler: She admits she can't ride a bike.
    Show
    The hardest part of riding a bike is learning how to slow down two lanes of traffic at once while acting like everyone else is in the wrong. Once you've mastered that you're golden.
    A lot of your messages have made me laugh, but this one especially so.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kid Jake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    My daughter has been asking what I'm laughing at when I read your humor. I've elected to say "nothing" because trying to explain it to a four year old is more than my sanity can take. Because eventually "why" stops sounding like an actual word.
    I can relate to that. My niece is prone to saying the same crap that I am, but doesn't quite understand why it's supposed to be funny so she usually just thinks people are laughing at her. Which of course just makes her deadpan delivery funnier.


    Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
    You probably won't like the one single elephant-in-the-room piece of advice then, which is that your approach of showing off how clever you are with a one liner (sometimes even putting her down in the process) is very bad if your goal is to get replies, then get to know them better and eventually meet them on dates and eventually get into a relationship with one.

    On the other hand, I guess one could say that it's a powerful filter for the very rare type of girl who won't be rubbed the wrong way by it.

    But given that even the most desirable men out there have abysmal reply rates, I'm not sure adding one more filtering layer -- and a really strong one at that -- is what you want to do at this point.

    I'm pretty sure you're enjoying this mild trolling anyway, so I'd say you're more than welcome to continue :)

    For more interesting results (since the goal isn't to get to meet girls anyway) you might try again using a random handsome guy pic like you did already in the past, see if you get more two-way interaction.
    One of my biggest problems approaching a girl online is that so many of them give you absolute jack to go on in their profiles so I'm pretty much grasping at straws trying to think of something to say. Most of my more...aggressive messages are usually the result of only having a few minor remarks to go by and just blind firing before I move on. I mean a smartassed message has a ridiculously low probability of a response, but no message has no chance...and isn't as fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Hey, I mean... The reason I deleted my profile back when was because the person I was talking to turned out to be SUPER racist.

    So if you're just going with embarrassing and insane, I would say you are well ahead of the curve.
    Wow, I've never been ahead of a social curve before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    For what it's worth, I am really enjoying reading the excerpts you've given us. Some of your humor has a bit of meanness to it, whether that's intended or not. It doesn't bother me at all, but then I'm not the people you're hoping to hook.
    Thankya. I've been accused of having a vicious sense of humor in the past, as Jormengand mentioned I used to run a comic strip that as I recall was once described as 'gut-wrenchingly funny and indescribably offensive', but I've never really meant to be mean-spirited. Like I said, deep down I'm just kind of an a-hole without intending to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kid Jake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Spoiler: She wants a man strong enough to message her.
    Show
    So, how does one prove he's strong enough to message you? Is there some kind of wrestling contest? Do I need to reel in a marlin or arrange some manner of...bear joust?

    I'm down for any but the last one. I have a strong moral objection to bear jousting. No, wait...I don't think moral's the right word.

    What's the word for 'fear of being eaten by a mounted bear in half-plate' again? Because that's the one I have.


    Spoiler: For some reason she wants to be the Poison Ivy to somebody's Batman...
    Show
    When you say that you want to be somebody's Poison Ivy, I assume you mean you want to fill some lucky guy's hometown with toxic, maneating plants?


    Spoiler: She says she's a Disney fan waiting for Micky Mouse to eventually leave the 'friend zone.'
    Show
    Don't tell me you're one of those Mickey/Donald shippers. Sorry to break it to you lady, but the duck's first and only love will always be the navy.


    Spoiler: She likes curling up and watching Hulu.
    Show
    You know, you're quite the rebel, I can't say that I've ever seen another profile that mentions Hulu. I was starting to think that Okc had some sort of promotional deal with Netflix to promote it as the 'video streaming service...of love.'


    Spoiler: She claims she avoids Facebook because it's nothing but politics and Pokemon memes. Then asks "Pikachu's running for president, right?"
    Show
    Don't be ridiculous, Pikachu can't run for office. He's Japanese.


    Spoiler: Her profile is a little...sparse.
    Show
    So, what're you into ****? If your profile's anything to go on, I'm going to assume it's not talking about yourself.

    *I didn't curse at her, just didn't want to post her name.


    Spoiler: True story.
    Show
    I can relate to being really excited at the prospect of gardening, only to find out that my superpower is apparently killing plants by touching them.

    I remember years back my mom (who could grow anything) got me an aloe plant and was like "I'm going to walk you through this. ANYBODY can learn to garden, it's easy!"

    Two days later she comes back to check on my progress and the thing is completely dead. She was just like "Alright, you should probably just give up now. This isn't going to happen."


    Spoiler: She considers herself a taco connoiseur.
    Show
    As a connoisseur of fine tacos, what would you say really 'makes' the taco? The quality of the meat? The freshness of the tortilla? The texture of the cheese? Or is it how many they can stuff in a sack for under $9.99?


    Spoiler: She thinks that people who can speak multiple languages are sexy. Of course Elvish doesn't count.
    Show
    How about the universal language of love? Klingon.

    Spoiler: She replies that she thought Vulcan would be the language of love in Star Trek.
    Show
    That's....highly illogical.
    Spoiler: She replies that my logic seems sounds.
    Show
    Well, if there's one thing I'm big on; it's logic. If there was a second thing it'd be S'mores. But second place doesn't put asses in the seats, so I stick to the logic.
    Last edited by Kid Jake; 2016-09-15 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground
     
    georgie_leech's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Spoiler: She wants a man strong enough to message her.
    Show
    So, how does one prove he's strong enough to message you? Is there some kind of wrestling contest? Do I need to reel in a marlin or arrange some manner of...bear joust?

    I'm down for any but the last one. I have a strong moral objection to bear jousting. No, wait...I don't think moral's the right word.

    What's the word for 'fear of being eaten by a mounted bear in half-plate' again? Because that's the one I have.

    I want you to know that I may have permanently strained something trying to not burst out laughing in a quiet waiting room. Also, I may just sig that last line there if you don't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    So a ranger is like a Bachelor of Applied Druidology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    What's the word for 'fear of being eaten by a mounted bear in half-plate' again? Because that's the one I have.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kid Jake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Yar, feel free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    2D8HP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    San Francisco Bay area
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    What you are being, however, is hilarious.

    Hey, kinda like the old UTCS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    I've been accused of having a vicious sense of humor in the past, as Jormengand mentioned I used to run a comic strip that as I recall was once described as 'gut-wrenchingly funny and indescribably offensive', but I've never really meant to be mean-spirited. Like I said, deep down I'm just kind of an a-hole without intending to be.
    So the "CS" in UTCS is for "comic strip"?
    That's such a cruel, cruel tease!
    Link please (or just tell what to "Google")!
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all


    Extended Sig




    PBP's

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Anonymouswizard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In my library

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Oh man, some of these are causing me to literally laugh out loud.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    There are some very great messages there For comparison, this is my usual inbox status (punctuated by comments about my boobs)
    I'd ask if those comments work, but I've made a commitment to be the other kind of weirdo that appears on dating sites.

    Also, I think I've had about three variations of 'hey' myself, it's just annoying. I can't even be asked to check their profile after that.

    ...Man, maybe I should try this thing going around of sending stupid first messages. Trying to show interest in what people's profiles say has gotten me nowhere. Okay, I've had about two conversations, but nowhere near the quality Kid Jake seems to have experiencedinflicted? on a regular basis. Maybe I need to up my game and become a *******?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

    RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kid Jake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    So the "CS" in UTCS is for "comic strip"?
    That's such a cruel, cruel tease!
    Link please (or just tell what to "Google")!
    Yar, it was the Untitled Comic Strip. Sadly it doesn't exist anymore because I under-budgeted for my hosting and spent most of what I had left on ad space. Before it ended it took the #1 spot on one webcomic ranking site, #6 on another and something like 105th on the biggest one I registered for; if given enough time it might've gotten an audience.

    I saved a bunch of them though, so I'll try to dig them up and put them in Dropbox or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kid Jake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Here's the ones I could find. I seem to remember there being quite a few more, but they're probably on the laptop I lost.

    Spoiler: My old banner. Some people might remember this as my signature on here for quite a while.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    This thread is steadily becoming my favorite on the forum.

    How did you manage to kill a plant in two days?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Kid Jake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mayberry, NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Why Kid Jake Is Still Single (With Examples!)

    Glad to hear it.


    I have no idea, if I knew what I did I could backwards engineer it to find out how to keep one alive. From what I can tell though, most of its problems began at "Jake touched it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •