Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 901 to 930 of 1030
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    ... So you know how gems can kind of tap the top of a bubble to send it "home" so to say? and how the cluster bubbled itself?

    ... You think it'd be possible to target where a teleported bubble goes, and then tap the cluster to warp it into space?

    i mean, bubble or no bubble. Keeping that thing inside the earth probably isn't the best idea in the world. Might be worse to have a giant gaping cavity beneath the eath's crust granted but still. the bubble always struck me as a temporary solution at best.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show


  2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Underworld
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    ... So you know how gems can kind of tap the top of a bubble to send it "home" so to say? and how the cluster bubbled itself?

    ... You think it'd be possible to target where a teleported bubble goes, and then tap the cluster to warp it into space?

    i mean, bubble or no bubble. Keeping that thing inside the earth probably isn't the best idea in the world. Might be worse to have a giant gaping cavity beneath the eath's crust granted but still. the bubble always struck me as a temporary solution at best.
    Obviously the Cluster's collective consciousness will synchronize completely, creating a singular personality.

    It will then somehow shrink itself using a combination of dozens of gem powers and form a body like a proper gem's, and crawl out.

    Stevenwill give her/them a proper name.

    to keep things balanced, shrinking themselves will somehow reduce their raw power.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here.

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wasn't arguing that they still think the cluster is active and that's why they are content to sit back, just that they still don't know about the gems. The gems only pop up after Yellow closes the feed.
    Ah ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Obviously the Cluster's collective consciousness will synchronize completely, creating a singular personality.

    It will then somehow shrink itself using a combination of dozens of gem powers and form a body like a proper gem's, and crawl out.

    Stevenwill give her/them a proper name.

    to keep things balanced, shrinking themselves will somehow reduce their raw power.
    This is funny, but I think it should said that the fragments and their disparate natures would likely never sync. Also the gems can make them smaller than their gem, it seems.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Obviously the Cluster's collective consciousness will synchronize completely, creating a singular personality.

    It will then somehow shrink itself using a combination of dozens of gem powers and form a body like a proper gem's, and crawl out.

    Stevenwill give her/them a proper name.

    to keep things balanced, shrinking themselves will somehow reduce their raw power.


    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Ah ok.


    This is funny, but I think it should said that the fragments and their disparate natures would likely never sync. Also the gems can make them smaller than their gem, it seems.
    I can't help but imagine a rainbow-coloured gem with normal human-sized puportions, with exeption to a GIANT AS HECK HAND THE SIZE OF THE FREAKING MOON! that does nothing but hold the "gem"
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2017-03-16 at 12:59 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show


  5. - Top - End - #905
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I can't help but imagine a rainbow-coloured gem with normal human-sized puportions, with exeption to a GIANT AS HECK HAND THE SIZE OF THE FREAKING MOON! that does nothing but hold the "gem"
    Pffft, that's an amusing thought.

    Spoiler: Cluster Talk
    Show
    In terms of the cluster coming together, it reminds me of a huge bucket of randomly assorted LEGO pieces, and you need to find the only two matching 1x3 pieces to complete your build.

    I wonder if there will be a way to separate these forced-fused gem shards. Or some way to destroy them completely. That broken state they're in really looks like it hurts on several levels. :(
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    GitP Player Registry Entry
    Avatar by me - Switchblade

  6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Pffft, that's an amusing thought.

    Spoiler: Cluster Talk
    Show
    In terms of the cluster coming together, it reminds me of a huge bucket of randomly assorted LEGO pieces, and you need to find the only two matching 1x3 pieces to complete your build.

    I wonder if there will be a way to separate these forced-fused gem shards. Or some way to destroy them completely. That broken state they're in really looks like it hurts on several levels. :(
    best way i can think of would either be throw it into a black-hole or the core of a star.

    neither would really be good for the cluster iitself granted, but it would solve the problem of the cluster existing.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show


  7. - Top - End - #907
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    John Cribati's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Given that the weird mosaic painting was made up of gems ground into dust, Black Hole or sufficient heat seems to be the only real solution for killing a Gem dead.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2017-03-16 at 12:42 PM.

    Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

  8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I can't help but imagine a rainbow-coloured gem with normal human-sized puportions, with exeption to a GIANT AS HECK HAND THE SIZE OF THE FREAKING MOON! that does nothing but hold the "gem"
    Woah man. That'd be huge. Would it be like sitting on it's own moon sized sand? o.o
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Given that the weird mosaic painting was made up of gems ground into dust, Black Hole or sufficient heat seems to be the only real solution for killing a Gem dead.
    Acid. :0
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    I had to look it up, but the aformentioned gem dust is reffering to the smoke monster that used to be a painting.


    I wonder if it'd be possible to melt down gem shards / gem-dust and mold it all into one new gem like a mosaic amythist or something.

    to my knowledge however "Liquid amythest" isn't a thing that exists.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show


  10. - Top - End - #910
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I had to look it up, but the aformentioned gem dust is reffering to the smoke monster that used to be a painting.


    I wonder if it'd be possible to melt down gem shards / gem-dust and mold it all into one new gem like a mosaic amythist or something.

    to my knowledge however "Liquid amythest" isn't a thing that exists.
    I mean...that's probably what the Homeworld was trying to do with the Cluster. Just...experimentation with "alternative" fusion and how far you can push gem-kind.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  11. - Top - End - #911
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Benthesquid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wasn't arguing that they still think the cluster is active and that's why they are content to sit back, just that they still don't know about the gems. The gems only pop up after Yellow closes the feed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My reasoning for the Homeworld Gems knowing the Crystal Gems are still around doesn't depend on Message Recieved, though. Peridot told them about Gems disrupting her work on Earth, which was confirmed by interrogation of Lapis Lazuli. They were considered a sufficient threat to justify sending Jasper back along with Peridot, since when they have no reason to believe that the Crystal Gems have been destroyed.
    Avatar courtesy of Kaariane!

  12. - Top - End - #912
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Flickerdart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Benthesquid View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    My reasoning for the Homeworld Gems knowing the Crystal Gems are still around doesn't depend on Message Recieved, though. Peridot told them about Gems disrupting her work on Earth, which was confirmed by interrogation of Lapis Lazuli. They were considered a sufficient threat to justify sending Jasper back along with Peridot, since when they have no reason to believe that the Crystal Gems have been destroyed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jasper probably begged the Diamonds to send her - and they would acquiesce, because you never send a scientist out by themselves. Gotta have a military officer to keep them on task.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Imagine if the combat system was as well thought out and explained as the skill system. You could cut it down to a page and a half, monsters would be about three sentences long. Best of all you don't have to remember any tables for conditions or detail the special abilities because you've got rulings instead of rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

  13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jasper probably begged the Diamonds to send her - and they would acquiesce, because you never send a scientist out by themselves. Gotta have a military officer to keep them on task.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, she didn't. During The Return Jasper was quite annoyed about having to escort Peridot right up until she saw Rose's (well, Steven's) shield. Peridot at one point comments "Now do you believe that I needed protection!"
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2017-03-17 at 03:50 PM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

  14. - Top - End - #914
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The Fury's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I had to look it up, but the aformentioned gem dust is reffering to the smoke monster that used to be a painting.
    The Smoke Monster/Painting worked on some weird rules. Like apparently it wasn't just the fact that it was made of Gem dust that made it dangerous, images of it were dangerous too. As evidenced by Garnet seeing the need to destroy Steven's phone after he took a picture of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    to my knowledge however "Liquid amythest" isn't a thing that exists.
    "Liquid Amethyst," huh? I like where this is going! I guess our Amethyst would have to be "Solid Amethyst," Jasper could be "Solidus," I guess Steven can be Otacon.
    Last edited by The Fury; 2017-03-20 at 11:24 AM. Reason: AAH! Punctuation!
    Iop brain.

  15. - Top - End - #915
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Flickerdart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    I guess Steven can be Otacon.
    Ronaldo would make the best Otacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Imagine if the combat system was as well thought out and explained as the skill system. You could cut it down to a page and a half, monsters would be about three sentences long. Best of all you don't have to remember any tables for conditions or detail the special abilities because you've got rulings instead of rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

  16. - Top - End - #916
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The Fury's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Ronaldo would make the best Otacon.
    Maybe? My impression is that I don't understand Ronaldo the same way most other fans do. Maybe that was why I didn't find Rocknaldo offensive like danged near everyone else did.
    Iop brain.

  17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Maybe? My impression is that I don't understand Ronaldo the same way most other fans do. Maybe that was why I didn't find Rocknaldo offensive like danged near everyone else did.
    Eeeeehhh....I don't really care for Ronaldo myself. Sure he gets a few things right in his crazy conspiracy rantings, but he is still a crazy conspiracy theorist, the worst part of any fandom and kind of annoying and grating. My dislike of that episode was how cringy it was, like, so much cringe, because everyone was doing all the wrong things, I wasn't offended by it, I just found it painful to watch. It was more like Cringenaldo.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 20!



  18. - Top - End - #918
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Eeeeehhh....I don't really care for Ronaldo myself. Sure he gets a few things right in his crazy conspiracy rantings, but he is still a crazy conspiracy theorist, the worst part of any fandom and kind of annoying and grating. My dislike of that episode was how cringy it was, like, so much cringe, because everyone was doing all the wrong things, I wasn't offended by it, I just found it painful to watch. It was more like Cringenaldo.
    I don't like Ronaldo as a character that much either. Every time he shows up prominently, it can pretty reliably be assumed that he will take whatever it is he does this episode too far, while not putting too much thought into what he's actually doing. He doesn't learn from his mistakes, he just makes them differently.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

  19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Underworld
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I don't like Ronaldo as a character that much either. Every time he shows up prominently, it can pretty reliably be assumed that he will take whatever it is he does this episode too far, while not putting too much thought into what he's actually doing. He doesn't learn from his mistakes, he just makes them differently.
    Again, he seems to have finaly learned a lesson at the end of his last episode and judging from the update to his blog, it's likely to stick.

    Also, I can't help but think that in Season one or two, Ronaldo findinf out that the Crystal Gems met his definiton of "Rock People" would result in him assuming they were part of the conspiracy instead of throwinghis work out and starting over.

    As a side note, I liked him in Resturant Wars.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here.

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  20. - Top - End - #920
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The Fury's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Eeeeehhh....I don't really care for Ronaldo myself. Sure he gets a few things right in his crazy conspiracy rantings, but he is still a crazy conspiracy theorist, the worst part of any fandom and kind of annoying and grating. My dislike of that episode was how cringy it was, like, so much cringe, because everyone was doing all the wrong things, I wasn't offended by it, I just found it painful to watch. It was more like Cringenaldo.
    Don't get me wrong, I didn't especially like Rocknaldo but it didn't get me all ragey either. Just sort of "meh." There are fans that think Ronaldo is super insightful and right about everything, then there are those that think he comes up with a lot of wacky ideas which are sometimes correct. I'm definitely more in the latter category. Though I think the major disagreement I tend to have is regarding the purpose of the character. Nearly the whole fandom seems to think that he's there to provide clever foreshadowing and confirm fan theories. Personally, I think he's there to poke fun at the fandom. After all, Steven Universe would hardly be the first animated show have a character like that--

    Spoiler: Remember, creators poke fun because they love you!
    Show






    Last edited by The Fury; 2017-03-21 at 12:52 AM.
    Iop brain.

  21. - Top - End - #921
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I didn't especially like Rocknaldo but it didn't get me all ragey either. Just sort of "meh." There are fans that think Ronaldo is super insightful and right about everything, then there are those that think he comes up with a lot of wacky ideas which are sometimes correct. I'm definitely more in the latter category. Though I think the major disagreement I tend to have is regarding the purpose of the character. Nearly the whole fandom seems to think that he's there to provide clever foreshadowing and confirm fan theories. Personally, I think he's there to poke fun at the fandom. After all, Steven Universe would hardly be the first animated show have a character like that--

    Spoiler: Remember, creators poke fun because they love you!
    Show






    I mean Control Freak is a villain and would probably be a bad example?

    Starfan13 is definitely like, legit a good example though, especially given her complete and total not even hiding it legitimate lesbian crush on her, which is refreshing to see in a tv show for once.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    "Liquid Amethyst," huh? I like where this is going! I guess our Amethyst would have to be "Solid Amethyst," Jasper could be "Solidus," I guess Steven can be Otacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Ronaldo would make the best Otacon.

    At first i was very confused, and wondering what the heck a "Solidus" was and why steven would be an Octagon.

    Then it all clicked.

    Re: Smoke monster: To be fair, that thing was in what, the first seasons of the show? I tyhink it's fair to beleive a lot of the first season episodes were written before the overarching plot / information about homeworld existed. So most likely there are things that go against what exist now, and might even be considered non-canon to some degree.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show


  23. - Top - End - #923
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Flickerdart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    At first i was very confused, and wondering what the heck a "Solidus" was and why steven would be an Octagon.
    I actually had to go and look it up; turns out Steven is a pentagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Imagine if the combat system was as well thought out and explained as the skill system. You could cut it down to a page and a half, monsters would be about three sentences long. Best of all you don't have to remember any tables for conditions or detail the special abilities because you've got rulings instead of rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

  24. - Top - End - #924
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The Fury's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    I actually had to go and look it up; turns out Steven is a pentagon.
    It's true! See?

    Spoiler: Why are these images so darned big?
    Show
    Last edited by The Fury; 2017-03-21 at 01:13 PM.
    Iop brain.

  25. - Top - End - #925
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chromascope3D's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Across the spiraling sea.

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    I still like Ronaldo, despite knowing full well that, were I to meet him in person, I would actively despise him. I don't really understand the fan hate for him honestly. Like, yes, he's a total unlikable ****, but, that's the way he was written to be? I could understand if he was a massive tool and yet all the other characters still liked him for no discernable reason, but they don't. Everyone (except Steven) either only tolerates him at best or actively avoids him at worst. So, if he's a total ****, and the other characters treat him like he's a total ****, doesn't that mean he's actually very well characterized?

    That being said, I didn't like the Bloodstone episode either, and am probably just going to expunge it from my memory.

  26. - Top - End - #926
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Speaking of which did the show just stop making episodes again? Was Room For Ruby the last episode of this batch and it's not back forever like we thought it'd be? Cause...I mean it feels like that's the case and that sucks. That sucks a whole pantload.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  27. - Top - End - #927
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The Fury's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    I still like Ronaldo, despite knowing full well that, were I to meet him in person, I would actively despise him. I don't really understand the fan hate for him honestly. Like, yes, he's a total unlikable ****, but, that's the way he was written to be? I could understand if he was a massive tool and yet all the other characters still liked him for no discernable reason, but they don't. Everyone (except Steven) either only tolerates him at best or actively avoids him at worst. So, if he's a total ****, and the other characters treat him like he's a total ****, doesn't that mean he's actually very well characterized?

    That being said, I didn't like the Bloodstone episode either, and am probably just going to expunge it from my memory.
    There was still that bit at the end that I thought was kind of neat. Where Ronaldo asks Steven why he doesn't use his Gem name and Steven explains that it's his mother's name and other Gems only use it when they're specifically out to get him. It suggests that he might still be upset with Rose for making him deal with the things she'd done, even after the events of Storm in the Room. He might not outwardly show that he's upset, but as Mindful Education shows he tends to hide that kind of thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Speaking of which did the show just stop making episodes again? Was Room For Ruby the last episode of this batch and it's not back forever like we thought it'd be? Cause...I mean it feels like that's the case and that sucks. That sucks a whole pantload.
    It's on hiatus again. Last I heard new episodes will air in April, though I have no idea how accurate that is. CN's in the middle of promoting a new show which generally seems to mean taking a show out of rotation. On the plus side We Bare Bears has new episodes coming out soon.
    Last edited by The Fury; 2017-03-21 at 04:17 PM.
    Iop brain.

  28. - Top - End - #928
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Phobia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Last edited by Phobia; 2017-04-21 at 01:34 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #929
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Finally, more Steven.

    I'll be honest I'm getting tired of how Cartoon Network is running the show and it's making it kinda suck to discuss the show and have fun with it, so I'm glad more is coming, but damn if I don't want it right now, in a weekly format, without breaks. Please, for the love of god.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  30. - Top - End - #930
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Chromascope3D's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Across the spiraling sea.

    Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

    Please god yes give us an overarching plot to look forward to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •