Results 1,021 to 1,028 of 1028
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Spoiler: Geoweapon
    Show
    Given the size and scope of the resources poured into making the Geoweapon, I feel that Yellow is very invested in getting this monster operational. If all she wants to do is break Earth into small chunks, just bombard it from space with a huge asteroid or moon (our solar system has plenty to pick from). Nay, I believe Yellow wants her cake and eat it too by getting her Geoweapon activated. It'll destroy the Earth when it forms and she has a terror weapon on a planetary scale to do whatever with.
    Show
    Any practical value the Cluster has is incidental. Its true purpose is to allow a gem who had a whole song about emotions being pointless to break something because she's angry and not feel like a hypocrite. The resource expenditure is an indicator of how badly Yellow Diamond wants to avoid feeling like a hypocrite, not how useful the Cluster can be expected to be.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zircon's argument wasn't that one of the Diamonds killed Pink. It was that for Rose Quartz to even get that close to Pink Diamond in the first place without being seen, she would have had to have had* help from someone with the social standing of a Diamond.
    Slight nitpick:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She would have needed help from someone who could plausibly present a claim that they are representing someone with authority approximating that of a Diamond. The Diamonds and their Pearls are the individuals for whom that would be easiest, but it is possible that even a sufficiently cunning Ruby* could pull it off. In terms of capability, the role of Rose's accomplice is wide open. I'm disinclined to suspect either of the Diamonds we've met, for reasons of temperament, but we still know nothing of White Diamond and nothing or next to it about any of the Diamond's Pearls.

*I don't believe this is the case, but if it turns out that Navy was the mastermind behind Pink Diamond's shattering, I'm going to claim I called it and point back at this post.

Show
    I think the real resource gems need are organics. If they only needed mineral resources then Homeworld shouldn't be having resource shortages to where the era 2 gems are lacking their full powers. I don't believe they already ate up every planet and asteroid in their galaxy. But given the scarcity of life, I could believe that they've gobbled up all those worlds with organic resources, and had to venture out to another galaxy for more.
    Spoiler: Resources
    Show
    If the murals on the Moon base mean what we think they do, then we can conclude that proper conditions for a gem colony are rare in space. But the step to assuming it is organics is not supported as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    See...the point was. Why have the trial? Why the confusion? Blue Diamond doesn't have a clue what happened so she couldn't have been on any government wide conspiracy to kill Pink Diamond.
    Unless she's investigating to find out what others know, so she can hide any physical evidence that implicates her. I don't think that's what's happening, but we can't conclusively rule it out yet.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theNater View Post
    Unless she's investigating to find out what others know, so she can hide any physical evidence that implicates her. I don't think that's what's happening, but we can't conclusively rule it out yet.
    Think we can. Her 6,000 year sorrow seems really out of place for someone who knew exactly why the person was killed. It just doesn't make sense if Blue Diamond knew why Pink was shattered. She obviously knows how it happened. What with the "it was a sword." line. But her being part of the group behind it? Yeah. That makes no narrative sense. Yellow being behind it? That makes sense. White, well who knows. We haven't met her. But not Blue. Not with the confusion, the sorrow, the longing, the rage.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-06-01 at 12:39 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Troll in the Playground

Yes. My implication was that Yellow knew about the cinspiracy, or was a part of it, and Blue was not. It explains Yellow's suspicious behaavior answersZircon's point about how Rose could have been able to do it, AND doesn't change the fact that Rose Really Did It.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmon View Post
    I feel that an important bit hasn't been talked about:
    Spoiler
    Show
    TOPAZ! Steven got her/them to turn traitor with just a heart-to-heart with Lars while she was listening in.
    it's sort of obvious.

Spoiler
    Show

Low-ranking gems on Homeworld are super-repressed, especially Quartzes. Follow your orders, don't get caught up in emotions. And along comes Steven singing the siren song of self-expression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Imagine if the combat system was as well thought out and explained as the skill system. You could cut it down to a page and a half, monsters would be about three sentences long. Best of all you don't have to remember any tables for conditions or detail the special abilities because you've got rulings instead of rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding the conspiracy...

Spoiler
    Show
    I sort of hope Rose did have a hand in shattering Pink Diamond, even if someone helped her do it. After all the conflict caused by the revelation, discovering that she didn't actually do it would feel like a cop-out.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Gulaghar and Ashen Lilies.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Wait a minute...
    Show

If Yellow Diamond was so concerned about getting rid of evidence, why didn't she poof Yellow Pearl? She is literally there just to type down all the transcript of the trial. Her own Pearl is there to record all this for evidence that this trial happened while Blue Pearl is there to provide visual representation with her drawings. not only by doing this would she be raising Blue's ire, but would be leaving evidence that Yellow Pearl already written down for other Gems to examine later that would implicate her. If Yellow Diamond was the one who killed Pink, then she is REALLY bad at being a subtle mastermind about it. and the Pink's assassination just sounds too well-arranged to be handled by Yellow's sloppiness. So more reasons why I think its White Diamond.

Mottos I live by:
    1. Orcs Should Be People. 2. Screw The Numbers, Have Fun. 3. Balance For The Balance God.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Regarding the conspiracy...

Spoiler
    Show
    I sort of hope Rose did have a hand in shattering Pink Diamond, even if someone helped her do it. After all the conflict caused by the revelation, discovering that she didn't actually do it would feel like a cop-out.
    Spoiler: The Conspiracy
    Show
    I have to agree here. The build up of Rose being a 'killer' is pretty high. To throw it all away that she didn't shatter Pink but for whatever reason just took all the blame is going to just waste all the good drama built up for Steven as he's found out about her mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: Wait a minute...
    Show

If Yellow Diamond was so concerned about getting rid of evidence, why didn't she poof Yellow Pearl? She is literally there just to type down all the transcript of the trial. Her own Pearl is there to record all this for evidence that this trial happened while Blue Pearl is there to provide visual representation with her drawings. not only by doing this would she be raising Blue's ire, but would be leaving evidence that Yellow Pearl already written down for other Gems to examine later that would implicate her. If Yellow Diamond was the one who killed Pink, then she is REALLY bad at being a subtle mastermind about it. and the Pink's assassination just sounds too well-arranged to be handled by Yellow's sloppiness. So more reasons why I think its White Diamond.

Spoiler: Minute of Waiting
    Show
    Having watched the Trial episode again, I believe it is purposely muddled so that you might THINK Yellow is covering something up. Could still be she's innocent and is simply acting out in anger (over the loss of Pink) like others have pointed out. The Episode is done pretty well to open up the revelation that a diamond may have helped shatter Pink without giving away which one.
    :3

I do hope we see White Diamond soon. Going this long without seeing her is pretty annoying in my opinion, because we haven't had any time to get to know her and what motivations she might have if White is the culprit... murder mysteries work better when the murderer turns out to be someone you've seen for a while on screen.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    GitP Player Registry Entry

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: The Conspiracy
    Show
    I have to agree here. The build up of Rose being a 'killer' is pretty high. To throw it all away that she didn't shatter Pink but for whatever reason just took all the blame is going to just waste all the good drama built up for Steven as he's found out about her mom.
    Spoiler: The answer is ALWAYS sneeple
    Show
    Even if she didn't do the deed herself, Rose was apparently OK with allowing everyone, including her own followers believe that she had. On its own that's pretty sketchy too.

Spoiler: Minute of Waiting
    Show
    Having watched the Trial episode again, I believe it is purposely muddled so that you might THINK Yellow is covering something up. Could still be she's innocent and is simply acting out in anger (over the loss of Pink) like others have pointed out. The Episode is done pretty well to open up the revelation that a diamond may have helped shatter Pink without giving away which one.
    :3

I do hope we see White Diamond soon. Going this long without seeing her is pretty annoying in my opinion, because we haven't had any time to get to know her and what motivations she might have if White is the culprit... murder mysteries work better when the murderer turns out to be someone you've seen for a while on screen.
    Spoiler: I have waited for one minute exactly!
    Show
    I don't think Yellow's anger was from the loss of Pink, but rather out of being disrespected. Like "How dare you speak to me that way?" In any case she would have to know that removing evidence from the public record at this point wouldn't work-- Blue Diamond was right there in the room with her and pretty clearly finds these new developments intriguing, so getting rid of evidence at this point would likely just make Blue more suspicious. That said, I'm thinking that Yellow was mainly quick to jump to conclusions and execute mostly out of vindictiveness. I feel like we've seen that side to her personality with The Cluster. While it would destroy the Earth, it would take all the planet's resources with it, and there's little reason to think it would be all that useful afterward. At least Yellow would feel better afterward though, yeah?

Though after The Trial I've got some thoughts on what sort of powers White Diamond might have:

Spoiler: Who is White Diamond?
    Show
    It's been kicked around that Gem corruption is a result of Yellow, Blue and White Diamonds using their powers together. A corrupted Gem is altered physically, and seems to be damaged emotionally, and apparently can't even remember who or what it used to be. Yellow can disrupt a Gem's physical form with barely more than a thought, Blue can overwhelm a Gem emotionally without even trying, so I'm thinking White can alter a Gem's mind. I'm thinking that maybe this can account for the discrepancies in the eyewitness accounts of Pink's shattering. Why'd she do this though? I have no clue!
    Last edited by The Fury; 2017-06-13 at 04:01 PM.
    Iop brain.