New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

awwwesome. here's hoping the specials become popular enough to become the normal episode length.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, y'all. I'm back. No really, I did leave. For almost a month. Anyway, you might not have missed me but I missed you, and it's great to be back.

After watching the shorts I have my own pet theory:

Spoiler: Reaction Video
    Show
    The title card for Crying Breakfast Friends says that it was created by Samantha Pepper. The only name Mystery Girl gives is the initial "S," Rebecca Sugar mentioned that she would eventually voice a character that appears in the Fall... You probably see where I'm going with this. Rebecca Sugar will voice her in-universe analogue, Samantha Pepper-- AKA, Mystery Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    *Looks around at the nothing to talk about because no new episodes*

... We could work together to flesh out gemsonas or something... i'm petty good at writing, so i could flesh out backstories.... Someone else would need to do the drawing though.
    Ha! I'm terrible at writing and worse at drawing. Though in the interest of sharing my gemsona is called Rock Salt. Her gem is one of her teeth and her weapon is a bowling ball. She might be a quartz of some type, but if she is she's clearly defective as tripping and falling is enough to poof her. During the Gem War she tried numerous times to assassinate Rose Quartz but was always undone by her own ineptitude before she got close. This is why Rose nor any of the other Crystal Gems know that she existed. Also how she developed her signature catch-phrase: "I'm so bad at this!" Rock Salt knew Jasper though, however Jasper was embarrassed to be in the same general vicinity with her. Maybe this is why she never mentioned her in the present

Now you might be wondering how she survived the Light Bomb and avoided corruption-- she tripped and fell on her way to a warp pad, got stepped on by some fleeing quartzes, was shattered to bits and is now in a bag of road deicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler: Gem Harvest Clip
    Show
    Yeah, that's not gonna end well.

Poor Pumpkin dog's scarred for life.
    Spoiler: Gem Harvest clip
    Show
    Until a more official name is given, I'm calling Pumpkin Dog a Pup-kin.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm already starting to crave more SU. How long do you all think THIS pause is gonna be?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    I'm already starting to crave more SU. How long do you all think THIS pause is gonna be?
    Spring 2017.

Do note that I have ZERO facts to back that up.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Colossus in the Playground

I was under the impression that it came back November. That's when Gem Harvest is slated for anyway.

6. - Top - End - #306

All I know is the next thing is sometime after Halloween.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I was under the impression that it came back November. That's when Gem Harvest is slated for anyway.
    I heard a rumor that it was going to air (US) Thanksgiving. I have no facts at all to back that up though.

After Gem Harvest... Five more episodes in May 2017, then, we'll take another break. What? You didn't think you were getting a 22 minute special and regular episodes did you? I kid, but it would be nice if these hiatuses weren't so long.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    I heard a rumor that it was going to air (US) Thanksgiving. I have no facts at all to back that up though.

After Gem Harvest... Five more episodes in May 2017, then, we'll take another break. What? You didn't think you were getting a 22 minute special and regular episodes did you? I kid, but it would be nice if these hiatuses weren't so long.
    An economist did an analysis of SU's unusual schedule and showed it generated more revenue than a regular schedule. Thus, there may be an economic reason for the long hiatuses.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwanch View Post
    An economist did an analysis of SU's unusual schedule and showed it generated more revenue than a regular schedule. Thus, there may be an economic reason for the long hiatuses.
    It took an economist to figure that out?

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    It took an economist to figure that out?
    Yes, the good phd said it was the greatest discovery of his career.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Qwanch View Post
    Yes, the good phd said it was the greatest discovery of his career.

I weep for mankind...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Link please.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

I had a dark little thought pop up while watching the episodes around when Peridot was captured.

The kindergarden might be shut down, but the Crystal Gems have conspicuously left the injectors intact for thousands of years. What possible use could they have? I mean, was it something where they were holding onto them just in case humanity died out, so they'd have no ethical qualms about draining the earth then? Or an emergency backup plan to make more gems if the situation got dire? Or was it just a world class case of procrastination?
    Click the spoiler tag for a link to my forums!
    Spoiler
    Show

Please visit my forums! We've got a great community and a lot of excellent free form RPing!

Thanks to DrKarling for the awesome avatar!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by F.H. Zebedee View Post
    I had a dark little thought pop up while watching the episodes around when Peridot was captured.

The kindergarden might be shut down, but the Crystal Gems have conspicuously left the injectors intact for thousands of years. What possible use could they have? I mean, was it something where they were holding onto them just in case humanity died out, so they'd have no ethical qualms about draining the earth then? Or an emergency backup plan to make more gems if the situation got dire? Or was it just a world class case of procrastination?
    It think its just that the injectors are useless to everyone now, that the Crystal Gems have more important things to do like take care of that still rampant corrupted Gem problem, and that they're kind of hard to destroy anyways. I mean, they've been around for 5000 years without much erosion? They seem pretty durable, but I doubt anyone can get any use out of them now. Aside from some genius like Peridot repurposing them. They're just ruins man. its not as if they can harm anyone.

that and the whole "this is kind of a reminder of the war we fought to protect this place and what things could become if we didn't keep fighting" so.....think of it as a weird kind of memorial thing. it could also be a reminder to Amethyst where she came from and well, that has a lot of bad memories associated with it, and no one likes dwelling on those.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #315

Oh hey also Gem Harvest confirmed to be out November 17th. Special long episode like Bismuth.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh hey also Gem Harvest confirmed to be out November 17th. Special long episode like Bismuth.
    The teasers so far have all been red herrings. It's actually half an hour of Onion's friends getting up to more wacky escapades. It took so long to make because they had to record so many 'garbanzos'.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    The teasers so far have all been red herrings. It's actually half an hour of Onion's friends getting up to more wacky escapades. It took so long to make because they had to record so many 'garbanzos'.
    No I mean it's literally been confirmed that "It's happening". Not just a teaser, a full on "hey yo this is happening at this date, this time, get in."

Also announced: December First: Three Gems And a Baby.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Spamalot in the Playground

No I mean it's literally been confirmed that "It's happening". Not just a teaser, a full on "hey yo this is happening at this date, this time, get in."
    The professor may have been using sarcasm there. ;)

Some artists just blow my mind...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    It think its just that the injectors are useless to everyone now, that the Crystal Gems have more important things to do like take care of that still rampant corrupted Gem problem, and that they're kind of hard to destroy anyways. I mean, they've been around for 5000 years without much erosion? They seem pretty durable, but I doubt anyone can get any use out of them now. Aside from some genius like Peridot repurposing them. They're just ruins man. its not as if they can harm anyone.

that and the whole "this is kind of a reminder of the war we fought to protect this place and what things could become if we didn't keep fighting" so.....think of it as a weird kind of memorial thing. it could also be a reminder to Amethyst where she came from and well, that has a lot of bad memories associated with it, and no one likes dwelling on those.
    I don't know about them being a memorial or anything, and I guess they hold up to the ravages of time pretty well, though the main thing I noticed is that whenever the Gems visit one of the Kindergartens is that they seem pretty casual about wrecking the Injectors. I don't think they'd act that way if they really did have any plans for using them.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

So is it just me, or do you think there'll be some significance to Jasper being corrupted with the same colors as Malachite?

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    The professor may have been using sarcasm there. ;)

Some artists just blow my mind...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure if peri is quite familiar enough with balls or lapis with water for that to happen.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

You... don't think Lapis is familiar with water? Am I reading that right?

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hytheter View Post
    I meant to put comfortable there, but I ommitted it by mistake.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hytheter View Post
    I wonder if Homeworld has any bodies of water. It doesn't rain on Homeworld, so I'd assume no, but if Homeworld is anything like how Earth was supposed to have been colonized and hollowed out, it might not be a comparable trait anyway. With water being fairly common in the universe, other colony worlds might have to deal with it.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

25. - Top - End - #325

My assumption has been similar- Homeworld has little enough liquid water that Lapis Lazuli's powers are mostly a curiosity- she would have been a status symbol to have in your court, like a less useful Pearl. I'm not quite sure how this squares with Homeworld Gem culture apparently lacking a concept of art, though.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benthesquid View Post
    My assumption has been similar- Homeworld has little enough liquid water that Lapis Lazuli's powers are mostly a curiosity- she would have been a status symbol to have in your court, like a less useful Pearl. I'm not quite sure how this squares with Homeworld Gem culture apparently lacking a concept of art, though.
    The sea shrine and Pearl's room indicate some appreciation for fountains amongst gems. Perhaps Lapis acted as a mobile one?
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benthesquid View Post
    It seems obvious from the architecture and such that they do have art, I think it's more that they don't have expressive art, just making things that look nice and do something without hidden meaning. Like how Bismuth was forced to make admittedly beautiful but non-expressive spires and such but was forbidden to make things she wanted too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Aeons View Post
    I'd kill to own a sourcebook for this: Over 9000 pages, mostly filler.

28. - Top - End - #328

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Lapis actually *does* know what the word for art is. Unless I'm misremembering, it's explicitly Peridot who started calling them 'meep-morps', and it's *very* easy to imagine how a lowly technician caste would be kept ignorant of things extraneous to their function. I'm guessing Lapis is just too apathetic to go to the trouble of correcting Peridot's wild misconception--there's a hole with no bottom, after all!
    Take my love, take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free,
    You can't take the sky from me.

Defender of

Don't make me trot out Smite Moron!

Thanks to Sneak for the Avatar.

29. - Top - End - #329

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Lapis actually *does* know what the word for art is. Unless I'm misremembering, it's explicitly Peridot who started calling them 'meep-morps', and it's *very* easy to imagine how a lowly technician caste would be kept ignorant of things extraneous to their function. I'm guessing Lapis is just too apathetic to go to the trouble of correcting Peridot's wild misconception--there's a hole with no bottom, after all!
    You need to rewatch, i'ts Lapis who says "I've been calling it Meep Morp."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks