New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

not really that big a deal. People date people who remind them of close freinds/family members all the time because they're attracted to those traits. Pearl isn't comparing this new girl to Rose, she just has a thing for big girls with pink hair.
    Yeah, that's fair. I'm curious as to who S. really is though. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Steven has Connie. Garnet has Jamie. Amethyst has Greg. Now Pearl has Mystery Pink Hair Girl, and all the gems have a designated Human BuddyTM.

Except Peridot and Lapis are now Crystal Gems too. Who will their Human BuddiesTM be?
    Spoiler
    Show

We know her name begins with an S! That's about it.

Peridot will obvious encounter Renaldo and everyone will die laughing. I can see Lapis being friends with the the Pizza twins, or maybe Renaldo's sardonic, "my youth is dead" styled younger brother.

2. - Top - End - #62

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Peridot will obvious encounter Renaldo and everyone will die laughing.
    I need this to happen immediately. It may be the best moment of the show. Forget the mystery of Pink Diamond, or the Corrupted Gems. The real climax will be Peridot and Ronaldo's encounter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

I need this to happen immediately. It may be the best moment of the show. Forget the mystery of Pink Diamond, or the Corrupted Gems. The real climax will be Peridot and Ronaldo's encounter.
    Or will it be the resulting tweets and blogposts by Peridot and Ronaldo?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that was certainly a thing. I hope the repressed nerd known to some as Pearl does try to date the mysterious pink-haired girl.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That was SUCH a good episode! LET THE SHIPPING COMMENCE!
    I really want to see more of mystery woman!
    OMG I WANT TO SEE PEARL DATING. LIKE, ON A DATE.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OMG! I want this. I love this! Mysterious pink haired girl! I wan Pearl to date! This is amazing!

And with quite possibily the hottest character on the show so far too.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2016-09-08 at 06:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I was expecting an episode about evacuating or abandoning Beach City. Instead, I got one about Pearl being a rebel and meeting a cue pink-haired biker chick. Good episode. I'm just wondering how the name of the episode applies.

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by ellindsey View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I was expecting an episode about evacuating or abandoning Beach City. Instead, I got one about Pearl being a rebel and meeting a cue pink-haired biker chick. Good episode. I'm just wondering how the name of the episode applies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a reference to ole punk movies and stuff like that. I know it's a direct reference to something specific but I can't quite place my finger on it.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It's a reference to ole punk movies and stuff like that. I know it's a direct reference to something specific but I can't quite place my finger on it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The only direct reference I can think of is Less Than Jake's "Last One Out of Liberty City" which isn't exactly punk but similar.

This episode was so gay I love it so much. Amethyst was golden in the episode.
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Maybe some one in the Crewniverse is a Less Than Jake fan?
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

11. - Top - End - #71

Spoiler
    Show

Clearly, the mystery woman is Pink Diamond, who faked her death and is now covertly infiltrating the Crystal Gems in disguise. It's the only possible explanation.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Except Peridot and Lapis are now Crystal Gems too. Who will their Human BuddiesTM be?
    Lapis' Human Buddy TM is Steven! D':
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Pearl, if you and the Gems have been here since before it was even a sovereign nation, how come you're not citizens?"

"Steven, I think it's time we started discussing American History."

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Maybe some one in the Crewniverse is a Less Than Jake fan?
    I believe that one of the creators confirmed that if you think something is a reference, it probably is.

Lapis' Human Buddy TM is Steven! D':
    I guess since Steven is half-and-half, he counts for both.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

I believe that one of the creators confirmed that if you think something is a reference, it probably is.
    I'm still waiting for a long elevator scene. Pink Diamond's shattering will probably be accompanied by a classical piece, and will only be a single frame held for minutes.

I guess since Steven is half-and-half, he counts for both.
    I'm still waiting for Lapis and Connie to meet. I'm lacking a certain level of dysfunctional in the episodes as of late, and that's way outside my comfort zone.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Spamalot in the Playground

Spoiler: Last one out of Beach City
    Show
    I hope the cop didn't get a good look at the plate or they're gonna be knocking on Greg's door to ask if he lost a car. XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Last One Out of Beach City
    Show

I believe its a reference to some saying: "Last one out of (City), turn off the lights" where a city was was so lacking in business and such, that people were leaving and thus it was kind of a thing where people expected it to be abandoned and that the last person had to turn off all the lights like a room.

and yeah,good to see Pearl trying to be cool and "criminal". And she does make a good point that she has was around before governments and that she was probably too busy being a Crystal Gem to even bother with things like ID's and citizenship, when she had no reason to do so, much like all the other Gems. and yeah, the Crystal Gems are basically a 6000 year old group of criminals hiding from Homeworld.

as for pink-haired girl. I can see this ending in a few ways:
    1. Pearl realizes that mysterious girl is not like Rose at all, they break up
    2. pink-haired girl realizes the Gems are freaky or not what she expected, they break up
    3. They have a good relationship with ups and downs until Pearl realizes that pink-haired girl is mortal and will eventually die and thus Pearl will be right back where she started.

Yeah.....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: Last One Out of Beach City
    Show

I believe its a reference to some saying: "Last one out of (City), turn off the lights" where a city was was so lacking in business and such, that people were leaving and thus it was kind of a thing where people expected it to be abandoned and that the last person had to turn off all the lights like a room.

and yeah,good to see Pearl trying to be cool and "criminal". And she does make a good point that she has was around before governments and that she was probably too busy being a Crystal Gem to even bother with things like ID's and citizenship, when she had no reason to do so, much like all the other Gems. and yeah, the Crystal Gems are basically a 6000 year old group of criminals hiding from Homeworld.

as for pink-haired girl. I can see this ending in a few ways:
    1. Pearl realizes that mysterious girl is not like Rose at all, they break up
    2. pink-haired girl realizes the Gems are freaky or not what she expected, they break up
    3. They have a good relationship with ups and downs until Pearl realizes that pink-haired girl is mortal and will eventually die and thus Pearl will be right back where she started.

Yeah.....
    Spoiler
    Show

Or 4. They have a good relationship because while this show has depressing parts its overall message is a positive one and there is no reason to think any character (besides the diamonds) can't have a happy ending. Sure 3 might happen in the show's run, but that need not end the relationship.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2016-09-08 at 11:46 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

5. Somehow Pearl figures out how to replicate Steven's birth and either sires or gives birth to a new gem/human hybrid.... probably not though.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2016-09-09 at 08:11 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Last one out of Beach City, & possible futures
    Show

I loved Pearl trying to act all "bad boy", but still being so... Pearl. :D She tried drinking! She went to a party! She drove fast! :D

If there's going to be a relationship between Pearl and Mystery Girl, it's most likely going to further discuss Pearl getting over Rose. It might be portrayed as something she goes through to really say her goodbyes, it might talk about how the Mystery Girl is different from Rose, or something else entirely. But still, if the last big Pearl-centric moment was "It's over, so why can't I let go...", then this is her finally, in some way, starting to move on... or at least taking a few sidesteps to see what else there is, or could be, besides the memory of Rose.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

not really that big a deal. People date people who remind them of close freinds/family members all the time because they're attracted to those traits. Pearl isn't comparing this new girl to Rose, she just has a thing for big girls with pink hair.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it's actually commonly thought that the phenomenon of love at first sight is more based off of initial attraction with traits that you associate with previous partners.

Like you date a person that has an odd laugh, later you break up, later later you hear a person with a similarly odd laugh, your brain subconsciously connects that laugh to the last partner and associates that trait with attraction.

People (and gems) have types, Pearl's type has big pink hair thanks to her previous relationship with Rose.

It only becomes unhealthy if she starts to make similar expectations about her behavior as she would with Rose.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it's actually commonly thought that the phenomenon of love at first sight is more based off of initial attraction with traits that you associate with previous partners.

Like you date a person that has an odd laugh, later you break up, later later you hear a person with a similarly odd laugh, your brain subconsciously connects that laugh to the last partner and associates that trait with attraction.

People (and gems) have types, Pearl's type has big pink hair thanks to her previous relationship with Rose.

It only becomes unhealthy if she starts to make similar expectations about her behavior as she would with Rose.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the theory that Pearl was originally made for Pink Diamond is true, then it could simply be that she was made with an inclination towards liking large, pink-haired women in the first place.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Watching short clips from old episodes.

God dang Steven's voice was annoying in the first season or so.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

This episode was so gay I love it so much. Amethyst was golden in the episode.
    Spoiler: Last one out...
    Show
    Maybe the most adult episode I've seen.

Pearl absolutely needs to call that girl. Pearl is the new Rose, it's her turn to provide the Crystal Gems with direction and to date humans.

Also, maybe Mayor Dewey can help with getting her her citizenship? It will be awkward to go out and meet humans while being an *illegal* alien.

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorix View Post
    Pearl is the new Rose, it's her turn to provide the Crystal Gems with direction
    How do you figure? The leader of the Crystal Gems is unambiguously Garnet, and one Steven is old enough, he will take over as Rose's son.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Been awhile since I've been 'round these parts, I haven't even posted in the new thread yet. Anyway, just initial thoughts before reading what anyone else has said:

Spoiler: Last One Out of Beach City is the name of my Mr. Universe cover band.
    Show

It really does my heart good to see Pearl moving on and possibly learning to love again. I'll admit that there's a good chance I'm projecting or otherwise adding stuff that's not there, but I feel like when you lose a loved one-- like for good, as in they die, you occasionally ask yourself what they'd want you to do. In all likeliness they'd probably wouldn't want you to be sad and lonely forever, even though you feel like that's how it's going to be now that they're gone forever. So I feel like this is an episode about embracing life. Also, earlier on it seemed to me that Pearl only kind of liked humans because of how Rose felt about them. Now it seems like Pearl can actually see what Rose saw in them-- humans can be beautiful.

And Strawberry Sugar Shutdown-- it turns everything red? Even pee? What a horrific drink!

I'd never heard of Mike Krol before. I blame the fact that working night shifts for several years now made me stop going to shows. But damn. That '90s garage-band sound was made for mix tapes and singing along to the car radio as you drive with your friends on a clear night with the windows down. Myabe it's the combination of that style of music, along with the nightime palette and fast driving made me think of FLCL.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Or will it be the resulting tweets and blogposts by Peridot and Ronaldo?
    I've been holding out for Peridot and Ronald to be internet frenemies for a long time now.

Yeah, that's fair. I'm curious as to who S. really is though. Hmm...
    Maybe her name is "Susan," as in Susan Egan? (Rose's voice actress.)
    Last edited by The Fury; 2016-09-09 at 03:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

How do you figure? The leader of the Crystal Gems is unambiguously Garnet, and one Steven is old enough, he will take over as Rose's son.
    Pearl would have assumed leadership if it weren't for the emotional devastation she suffered at the loss of Rose. She knows the most, has the most experiences, is the smartest, the best fighter, is a founding member of the rebellion. Garnet's behavior in Season 1 (and as far as Season to, IDR when the handship was a thing) was mostly her being stressed out over the reins being handed to her, and trying to put on a strong face for her fellow Crystal Gems.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

And Strawberry Sugar Shutdown-- it turns everything red? Even pee? What a horrific drink!

This is said by Amethyst who then proceeded to eat the whole can. It is uncertain whether or not drinking it normally would give that effect.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    This is said by Amethyst who then proceeded to eat the whole can. It is uncertain whether or not drinking it normally would give that effect.
    If so that drink could have the funniest/scariest of all warning labels: "Do not be alarmed! Your kidneys probably are not failing!"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Pearl would have assumed leadership if it weren't for the emotional devastation she suffered at the loss of Rose. She knows the most, has the most experiences, is the smartest, the best fighter, is a founding member of the rebellion. Garnet's behavior in Season 1 (and as far as Season to, IDR when the handship was a thing) was mostly her being stressed out over the reins being handed to her, and trying to put on a strong face for her fellow Crystal Gems.
    Frankly, I would question most of those. She might have more book knowledge than Garnet, but Garnet has the experiences of two people, seems to be at least as intelligent as Pearl, and can almost certainly out-fight pearl if she were set on that course of action. She is also a much better leader than pearl, who gets neurotic about things even when she isn't actually in charge and isn't particularly interested in getting, say, Amethyst to work with her rather than next to her.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”