New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Your arguing over the properties of a sword for a pacifist when we've already seen a relic made by gems that allows for some as physics breakingly ridiculous as time travel?

no matter how right you are, this clearly isn't the show for logical nitpicking. much like many. Tis the folly of many a nerd to have all this logic and desire for consistency and misapply it to entertainment and art.
    Yeah, and I guess I'm doing a great job arguing by myself, too.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Amethyst fell onto a rock. Eyeball got hit by a tiny meteor. Both of those resulted in cracks that started to spread. Gems seem pretty easy to damage of you hit them right.
    and those were cracks, not shattering. and even then meteors and rocks are not the sword, so i fail to see the point.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    and those were cracks, not shattering. and even then meteors and rocks are not the sword, so i fail to see the point.
    I suggest you take a look at the parts of the post that I quoted. You know, the parts to which that was a response? You should be able to figure out the point I was trying to make from there.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Or Steven is misinterpreting Bismuth's statement. Bismuth makes one statement of intent (fair fight), one statement of capability (one-strike cut), and one statement (destroy body but not gem) that could go either way.
    I think the rule of conservation of detail implies that it's an actual property of the sword.

Also, as I mentioned above, they specifically highlighted that contradiction in one of the recent promos, so I think it's pretty clearly deliberate and something we're supposed to be thinking about. "Oh, I didn't mean literally seems like a pretty silly resolution to that. Like... Bismuth stating that Rose's sword was designed to never shatter gems was a pretty dramatic moment, and then they went out of their way to establish that PD was shattered by a sword.

I mean, there's a lot of possibilities, but I think the vast majority of the evidence at the moment suggests that it was actually Pearl who shattered PD. Notice that she's always the one who freaks out when the topic comes up; and immediately after Steven returned to earth (when he was upset over Connie), it looked a lot like she was about to confess something along those lines before Steven interrupted her.

It also fits into what we know about Pearl and Rose's characters. Rose opposed shattering gems; Pearl was fanatically loyal to Rose but didn't always understand her. It makes sense to me that Pearl would do that, thinking that it's what Rose wanted.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2018-04-21 at 12:40 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    I think the rule of conservation of detail implies that it's an actual property of the sword.

Also, as I mentioned above, they specifically highlighted that contradiction in one of the recent promos, so I think it's pretty clearly deliberate and something we're supposed to be thinking about. "Oh, I didn't mean literally seems like a pretty silly resolution to that. Like... Bismuth stating that Rose's sword was designed to never shatter gems was a pretty dramatic moment, and then they went out of their way to establish that PD was shattered by a sword.

I mean, there's a lot of possibilities, but I think the vast majority of the evidence at the moment suggests that it was actually Pearl who shattered PD. Notice that she's always the one who freaks out when the topic comes up; and immediately after Steven returned to earth (when he was upset over Connie), it looked a lot like she was about to confess something along those lines before Steven interrupted her.

It also fits into what we know about Pearl and Rose's characters. Rose opposed shattering gems; Pearl was fanatically loyal to Rose but didn't always understand her. It makes sense to me that Pearl would do that, thinking that it's what Rose wanted.
    why do i see this almost immidiately after seeing this fan-art someone made
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Colossus in the Playground

I just saw an AU anti-bullying advertisement starring Amythest and Jasper that claims that Jasper has her own issues and that's why she's angry and is so obsessed with putting down offcolors.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And considering that leaked Episode titles and synopses, taken together, indicate that Jasper might be getting cured this season...
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I just saw an AU anti-bullying advertisement starring Amythest and Jasper that claims that Jasper has her own issues and that's why she's angry and is so obsessed with putting down offcolors.
    Here's the above anti-bullying video by Dove featuring Amethyst and Jasper. I do wonder if it means anything about Jasper's personality:

Also, here's a new promo from Cartoon Network Australia showing a couple of things we haven't seen yet. Spoilers as usual.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsegNeM3Phk

Spoiler: About the promo vid
    Show
    That silhouette of Pearl seems to be drawing a sword that looks an awful lot like Rose's...
    You were born an original. Don't die a copy.
    -- John Mason.

8. - Top - End - #1118

Do we know when there'll be new episodes?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phexar View Post
    Here's the above anti-bullying video by Dove featuring Amethyst and Jasper. I do wonder if it means anything about Jasper's personality:

Also, here's a new promo from Cartoon Network Australia showing a couple of things we haven't seen yet. Spoilers as usual.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsegNeM3Phk

Spoiler: About the promo vid
    Show
    That silhouette of Pearl seems to be drawing a sword that looks an awful lot like Rose's...
    a lot of those images seem to be from old episodes. wouldn't be surprised if that one was from "Rose's scabbard" or something.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ettin in the Playground

Do we know when there'll be new episodes?
    May 7, 2018

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

a lot of those images seem to be from old episodes. wouldn't be surprised if that one was from "Rose's scabbard" or something.
    Spoiler: Promo Spoilers
    Show
    No it's new, I checked around. Looking at it again, given the skirt, Pearl is in her original outfit when drawing the sword from its scabbard as well.

Also I see it looks like Lapis is trying to remove Steven from the Moon Base by opening the airlock as well. Not sure whether that's going to be before or after we see him in the bubble on the moon's surface.

The two scenes with Peridot are the only old stuff, definitely are taken from their trip with her to the moon. In particular one shows off the White Diamond mural. I suspect its both to remind us of the Moon Base and White Diamond. Everything else is either from the recent bomb or stuff from the upcoming Lapis episode/s.
    -- John Mason.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Honestly, Pearl makes the most sense to me as Pink Diamond's murderer. There's her fanaticism for Rose, her overzealous nature, her occasional crazy outbursts, her reluctance to talk about the subject, and the fact that we don't know whose Pearl she was before the war. On that note, that lawyer Gem specifically called out the absence of any sort of warning from Pink's Pearl, who should have been standing right there. Seems like a decent fit, to me.

Let's take a stab in the dark here. Maybe Pearl was Pink's, and used that position to do the deed. Who better to assassinate a queen than the handmaiden standing right next to her? Maybe Rose helped plan it, maybe not, but the sword in that promo looks awfully familiar. Anyway, I'm sure we'll find out sometime around the next Presidential elections.
    I do not think the way you think. If you try to apply your own mindset to the things I say, there will be miscommunications. If something I say seems odd to you or feels like it's missing steps, ask for clarification. I'm not some unreasonable, unknowable entity beyond your mortal comprehension, I'm just autistic and have memory problems.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    Let's take a stab in the dark here.
    Intentional phrasing?

I can agree with your theory. Rose and Pearl likely conspired together for the assassination plot. Pearl stabbed Pink, but everyone is focused on Rose who makes it appear that she dealt the fatal blow (and takes the blame for it).
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    Honestly, Pearl makes the most sense to me as Pink Diamond's murderer. There's her fanaticism for Rose, her overzealous nature, her occasional crazy outbursts, her reluctance to talk about the subject, and the fact that we don't know whose Pearl she was before the war. On that note, that lawyer Gem specifically called out the absence of any sort of warning from Pink's Pearl, who should have been standing right there. Seems like a decent fit, to me.

Let's take a stab in the dark here. Maybe Pearl was Pink's, and used that position to do the deed. Who better to assassinate a queen than the handmaiden standing right next to her? Maybe Rose helped plan it, maybe not, but the sword in that promo looks awfully familiar. Anyway, I'm sure we'll find out sometime around the next Presidential elections.
    Didn't Garnet mention that Pearl was frequently accompanying Rose into battle though? I would think that she would struggle to remain in the company of Pink Diamond if she was always running off to jump in front of a sword for Rose.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Didn't Garnet mention that Pearl was frequently accompanying Rose into battle though? I would think that she would struggle to remain in the company of Pink Diamond if she was always running off to jump in front of a sword for Rose.
    Fair point. If we're running with the idea, there's a chance she could have approached Pink all apologetic, then ganked her when her guard was down.
    I do not think the way you think. If you try to apply your own mindset to the things I say, there will be miscommunications. If something I say seems odd to you or feels like it's missing steps, ask for clarification. I'm not some unreasonable, unknowable entity beyond your mortal comprehension, I'm just autistic and have memory problems.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

A lot of the war seemed to happen after pink's death, so it's possible what we've seen of pearl in the war was just after the fact.

... suppose pearl could have gotten a sword made that is visually similar to Rose's but doesn't have the "no shattering" properties to it.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1127

A lot of the war seemed to happen after pink's death, so it's possible what we've seen of pearl in the war was just after the fact.

... suppose pearl could have gotten a sword made that is visually similar to Rose's but doesn't have the "no shattering" properties to it.
    Garnet explicitly stated that Pink Diamond's shattering was what ended the War when telling the Story of the Off colors.

Pink was Shattered, the Diamonds related to the corruption thing, with Rose only able to save Pearl and Garnet.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

The problem I have is that it means pearl beat a diamond in single combat. Even If it was a surprise attack that seems far fetched.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    The problem I have is that it means pearl beat a diamond in single combat. Even If it was a surprise attack that seems far fetched.
    Pearl has the ability to hide items in her gem. Against the scrawny Pinkie, I reckon it wouldn't be too hard to hit her with a weapon, like a Shatterpoint.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

Garnet explicitly stated that Pink Diamond's shattering was what ended the War when telling the Story of the Off colors.

Pink was Shattered, the Diamonds related to the corruption thing, with Rose only able to save Pearl and Garnet.
    good point, forgot about that.

Pearl has the ability to hide items in her gem. Against the scrawny Pinkie, I reckon it wouldn't be too hard to hit her with a weapon, like a Shatterpoint.
    Breaking point* And even then eyewitnesses say it was a sword, the breaking point is more of a gauntlet-thing.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2018-04-24 at 03:22 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

good point, forgot about that.
    When was this mural made then?

Also the mural that makes me say this argument is fruitless. It seems like Pinkie was poofed, everyone thought she was shattered, then shattered by WD.

Breaking point* And even then eyewitnesses say it was a sword, the breaking point is more of a gauntlet-thing.
    I like Star Wars better. I've made my choice.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Troll in the Playground

When was this mural made then?
    Presumably, midway through the war. It shows the war in its early stages.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Presumably, midway through the war. It shows the war in its early stages.
    Well, given that Rose has a pink diamond in her hands, and WD's presence (who seemed to be absent for the most part, given that it's not her colony. Presumably the other didn't arrive until after the war started to deal with the rebels), I can't agree. What is this supposed to be? A prophecy?

Hold on... that's not white diamond in the image. It looks like her but the gem is in the wrong place. It's not Pinkie, YD or Blues either either. Who the hell is this?!
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2018-04-24 at 06:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Closer look at the mural:
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't think her gem is in the wrong place. I think the gem isn't depicted in the mural.
    Last edited by Fawkes; 2018-04-24 at 08:06 PM.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

That certainly is a possibility, but Murals seems to always make a a point to show the gem. Not showing the gem would be like painting a person's clothes but not them.

The two figures on the right and left have a similiar figure on their chest.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Titan in the Playground

.......Snowbluff, thats just White Diamond holding the Gem Homeworld in her hands. the Diamond is on her head. and they're murals, they don't have to be super-anatomically accurate. I mean....for one, Pink Diamond is NOT that tall or long.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah I know that's homeworld, hence why the gem should be on her head and not on the her chest/belly.

I'm not saying they're gonna be super accurate, but the one thing that is important is the gem placement. That said, I'm playing Devil's Advocate, as this is plain evidence Shiro-chan is the one who shattered Pinkie.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, maybe the person Rose was facing was simply one of white diamond's commanders/quartzes? besides the triangle looks a little too big to be a gem? I mean its not impossible for a quartz to be the same color as her diamond, or have similar hairstyles.....

but then again maybe White's design simply wasn't fully finalized by then? could've been just a very devoted White Diamond fan girl commander, since the Diamonds themselves seem to so big and powerful that you can't face them in anything resembling normal combat.

but the other other hand....there seems to be a different part of the mural with rose in it depicting White Diamond in a similar pose to the four diamonds mural.....
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-04-24 at 08:51 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

29. - Top - End - #1139

New Episodes aired today, and they're a doozy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, you member how we all speclated that Pink Diamond was still alive somehow and that theAssassination wans't what it seemed to be...

...turns it's a lot more complicated than that.

Spoiler: Super Duper Major Oh My Fricken God Spoilers
    Show
    Also, remember how before we found out that Rose shattered Pink, we all thought that Rose was Pink?

...Yeah. Turns out we were all dead on the money.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Well, we finally got some answers. Big, big spoilers here.

Spoiler: Recap of the two new episodes (Massive Spoilers)
    Show
    Short version of the biggest parts first: Rose is Pink Diamond and faked her shattering. Pearl is Pink Pearl.

Long version: Ronaldo finds the barn on the moon with his telescope, Steven goes there and finds Lapis is in the Moon Base using the orb to spy on the earth because she misses it and then sings. Steven falls asleep and has a vision of Pink, Blue and Yellow Diamond in silhouettes. Blue Diamond is chastising Pink Diamond for not really wanting to run her colony anymore because of all the humans and handling the Crystal Gems/etc. Steven then sees a silhouette of Pearl appear and go up behind Pink Diamond, then draw what appears to be Rose's Sword. Steven wakes up babbling about the Diamonds and says he's not sure if they're coming or not, Lapis panics and flees once more far away from Earth. Steven decides he's going to confront Pearl.

Steven thinks about all the apparent facts around Pink Diamond's shattering and confronts Pearl who has a new cellphone. Pearl still can't say anything to Steven and puts her cellphone away, but then it messages Steven without her doing anything, saying she wants to tell him but can't. Pearl can't seem to recover her phone from her gem, so she gets the idea to takes him into her gem to find it. After Inceptioning through several Pearls inside and her memories, he discovers that Rose is Pink Diamond and that Pearl was her Pearl, and plan to fake her assassination with Pearl shifted as Rose to do the deed. Pink swallows some fake pink diamond shards first to make it more convincing, and gives Pearl her last order as a Diamond that she can never tell anyone.

In the preview for the next episode, it's shown that Sapphire is so devastated that Rose lied to them all that she runs away as well.

I also noticed that Pearl's original outfit had more of a pink dress design to it, though her top was blue and yellow anyway.
    Last edited by Phexar; 2018-05-07 at 08:21 PM.
    -- John Mason.