New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

As far as Nuala is concerned? Nothing. You can pick up from where you left with her.

Kazuki is trickier. Soul Society is on alert because the Royal Guard is making their move. Senkaimon network has been replaced by Garganta network. Jehoel's still in Soul Society.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

Then I'll need to talk with Draken a bit, but I think I know what we're doing with Nuala.

Kazuki is a bit trickier, yes. What kind of "make their move" is this? We're not talking about a civil war type thing, are we?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Well, less a potential civil war and more 'the royal guard might fight a few of the strongest shinigami'.

And that's assuming they can't come to an agreement, admittedly.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think Kazuki should be rolling out the welcome mat, then. Since he was there when Koutarou fought Wan Li Lin, he should be able to figure out that the Royal Guard will be coming at some point, and since he owns the Black Joker Den, he's in a good position to create a professional, yet relaxed and neutral atmosphere. I mean, unless the involved prefer the white-walled sterility of the military accommodations. Even then, he would still prefer to cater...

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hm. So I just posted with Chuck...
    Masaru's kind of waiting in the wings until Stuff Happens.
    Not sure if I should have Masamune show up yet? Dorizzit, is Rin going off to gather the others who are going, or is she going to be doing some other stuff first?

Also FYI I'll be out of town and not really able to regularly post from this evening until sometime Wednesday. Honestly I don't expect this to majorly slow anything down at this point. *shrugs*
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was kind of assuming everyone was meeting centrally; if people want, I could have Rin gather everyone up as a prelude to the actual moment of leaving. Either way, I'm ready for her to go.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

Does that mean I should have Kazuki in preparations?

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

You know, nix that. As much fun as it would be to keep Kazuki involved, I think I'll just use him as a minor character. We are winding down, after all, so I should keep my focus on the villain. Er, my villain, that is.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So I am back but I'm playing catch-up in various things. I'll try to get some responses up in the next day or two. Sorry for any delays.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Just for the record, in case it wasn't clear: I'm having Shinji abstain from comment not only because of his headache but because I'd rather not talk to myself.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #281

Rin is not the only absent member of the Royal Guard.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

Hm? I could swear Kusuma went down with them. Unless he decided to vamoose too? >.>;;

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Kusuma is there, I just did not post for him!
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #284

Zheng Li Lin. Orihime as well, if she still exists.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Regardless, my point was kinda that he was finding it weird Rin in particular did not seem around, given that the Senkaimon network was shut off and she's the creator of Senkaimon. But whatevs.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286

That's a much more logically sound justification that I have no objections to.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ammutseba View Post
    [Soul Society]
    (Command HQ, the meeting)

Saburo Kazuki looks on at the proceedings with absolute impartiality, his face the very nature of neutrality in diplomacy. He is seated with the other First Division officers, though in a position near the front, where he can watch the flow of the meeting in detail. When Koutarou pauses for feedback, Kazuki silently raps on the side of his left hand with his right, eyes front.

From outside, a pair of pretty young ladies bearing choices of the highest quality full-leaf teas, enter the meeting chamber. Heated, never boiled; steeped, never stirred. Quietly and with genuine smiles on, they attend the guests of the Seireitei. Each of them wears a badge, identifying them as seated officers from the Combat Division. Despite the reputation of "the Pack," these girls move gracefully and efficiently, serving those who wish to be served what they wish for, and unless stopped, retreating just as quickly as they came.

Kazuki sits with his hands folded neatly over his lap.
    ...Um, a couple issues here, Ammutseba.

1.) This would not be a meeting occurring in a setting with a bunch of officers, of any Division, sitting around watching. This is a private meeting between the 2 RG members, and Koutarou. I could see an argument for Kazuki in particular being there, but there's not lots of people in a big meeting room. Not for this.
    2.) All members of the Combat Division are already assigned posts. They don't have time to be tea-girls. If they're busy being tea-girls, they're not Combat Division.
    3.) Connected to that, in the future I would prefer you running it by me if you want to use members of the Pack for something.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

What's up everybody? How's the afterlife treating you?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ...Um, a couple issues here, Ammutseba.

1.) This would not be a meeting occurring in a setting with a bunch of officers, of any Division, sitting around watching. This is a private meeting between the 2 RG members, and Koutarou. I could see an argument for Kazuki in particular being there, but there's not lots of people in a big meeting room. Not for this.
    2.) All members of the Combat Division are already assigned posts. They don't have time to be tea-girls. If they're busy being tea-girls, they're not Combat Division.
    3.) Connected to that, in the future I would prefer you running it by me if you want to use members of the Pack for something.
    It would seem I drew the wrong impression from this information:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [Command HQ]

Going inside, the tension is palpable. And it's not just because, thanks to the recent scuffle, a good deal of the main Command HQ office is missing a portion of its roof. It was less than 24 hours ago that the confrontation took place, and the moods of the attending Command Division officers are still shaken by what may very well result in the incarceration of their boss. ...[/COLOR]

I was asked to provide tea, and did not realize that all members of a given division would have already been assigned locations. This seems like a pretty easy fix, but we should hash something out. When I posted Kazuki in the character thread, I thought he'd been given a once-over by the other players. No one posted an objection, so that lead me to believe he'd cut the mustard.

I hope I'm not coming off as defensive, here (I'm really not trying to be), it's just that part of Kazuki's abilities is that he employs officers from other divisions in their off-hours for his various businesses in what would appear to be innocuous positions, but that each one of them is usually being trained somehow to bring out their potential. For instance, whoever he assigns to the tea pouring role would like have been missing some poise and grace when they started the position.

Is there anyone I need to check with if I change the Pack characters to criminal conscripts?

And I would make a case for Kazuki being there; right now, he's the closest thing the Command Division has to a lieutenant. That he's functioning as a caterer would just be par for the course with him.

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    What's up everybody? How's the afterlife treating you?
    The afterlife is good! A bit dead, but that's to be expected. What's up with you?
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2017-07-04 at 07:07 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just finished re-watching the first few seasons of Bleach with my significant other. Reminded me of all the time I spent on this forum several years ago, telling ridiculous stories. So I decided to hop over to GitP and see what I would find.

Little did I know that some of the lovable crazy people that I met so long ago are still here!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

To be fair, I meant to imply the attending Command Division officers on the way to the meeting room. Sorry if I wasn't clearer.

I feel it's a fair compromise that the catering girls would otherwise be off-duty, but this is kind of an emergency situation, so whether they would REMAIN off-duty given their position is up for debate. Therefore, I defer to KD whether that would be the case, since he's playing the Combat Division Captain.

As far as going for criminal conscripts instead, technically that'd go to me since I'm playing the IntSec Captain. I say go for it. Makes it a more interesting contrast if you ask me.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

No sweat. Simple miscommunications happen.

I'll edit my post as soon as KD has a chance to reply.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It would seem I drew the wrong impression from this information:

I was asked to provide tea, and did not realize that all members of a given division would have already been assigned locations. This seems like a pretty easy fix, but we should hash something out. When I posted Kazuki in the character thread, I thought he'd been given a once-over by the other players. No one posted an objection, so that lead me to believe he'd cut the mustard.

I hope I'm not coming off as defensive, here (I'm really not trying to be), it's just that part of Kazuki's abilities is that he employs officers from other divisions in their off-hours for his various businesses in what would appear to be innocuous positions, but that each one of them is usually being trained somehow to bring out their potential. For instance, whoever he assigns to the tea pouring role would like have been missing some poise and grace when they started the position.

Is there anyone I need to check with if I change the Pack characters to criminal conscripts?

And I would make a case for Kazuki being there; right now, he's the closest thing the Command Division has to a lieutenant. That he's functioning as a caterer would just be par for the course with him.

The afterlife is good! A bit dead, but that's to be expected. What's up with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    To be fair, I meant to imply the attending Command Division officers on the way to the meeting room. Sorry if I wasn't clearer.

I feel it's a fair compromise that the catering girls would otherwise be off-duty, but this is kind of an emergency situation, so whether they would REMAIN off-duty given their position is up for debate. Therefore, I defer to KD whether that would be the case, since he's playing the Combat Division Captain.

As far as going for criminal conscripts instead, technically that'd go to me since I'm playing the IntSec Captain. I say go for it. Makes it a more interesting contrast if you ask me.
    No sweat. Simple miscommunications happen.

I'll edit my post as soon as KD has a chance to reply.
    I would say I'd rather they not be Pack members, as this is an emergency, all-hands-on-deck situation. "Serving tea for the Command Division" is a lower priority in their potential duty train, this is not an "off-hours" sort of moment, and any Combat Division officer not mustering to the Division HQ would be facing severe censure.

I won't say none of the Pack people don't have part-time jobs with Kazuki, though if Masaru catches wind of it being a notable number he might increase scrutiny through alternate channels, but they would definitely not be working as caterers in this specific instance/time.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright then. I'll make those edits now.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Koutarou
    "For what it's worth, Central 46's decisions towards Las Noches were more or less aligned with Wan Li Lin's..."
    No they were not.

Like, not even close. Koutarou just characterized Wan Li Lin as demanding immediate overturning of the treaty. Central 46 never did anything of the sort, they were concerned with Jehoel specifically using Las Noches as an excuse for his personal ambitions. And they were okay with withholding punitive actions once given an explanation.

The gap there alone is miles wide. I won't even get to their other decisions.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

They sure didn't act like it, at least from my point of view.

The treaty happened rather begrudgingly on their part, as a concession that SS could not hope to defeat Las Noches if it came to that. Their censure of Jehoel's actions (Haven especifically) betrayed a stance where they saw them as inferiors and subordinates, not equals. And then there's Project Fury.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that Koutarou wasn't there when Wan spoke to Central, so he's clearly biased.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2017-07-09 at 09:37 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

It's also worth noting that Koutarou wasn't there when Wan spoke to Central, so he's clearly biased.
    I know. It's relevant mostly because in this case the bias is so clear that even cursory investigation would reveal it. Also because we don't know what the rest of the Royal Guard would've thought of the previous Central 46.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I know. It's relevant mostly because in this case the bias is so clear that even cursory investigation would reveal it. Also because we don't know what the rest of the Royal Guard would've thought of the previous Central 46.
    The real problem is that regardless of Masamune's thoughts, he would not have just mind-murdered them. I'm trying to find a way to leverage a conflict here, but between Wan Li Lin's actions being....questionable...and Koutarou basically throwing himself on his sword without being asked, it's tough to come up with a good conflict lever.

I think Dorizzit might inadvertently provide one now, but we'll see.

29. - Top - End - #299

I can if you want me to.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

The way I see it if this comes out to no conflict, we probably shouldn't force one. Things lined up a bit differently than we initially thought.

That said, the main issue at hand here is whether Koutarou is a competent commander, which can still set up a dramatic narrative even if it doesn't come to blows.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!