New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR²] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

Torahiko and Margrave had some DEEP STUFF to discuss, as I recall.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

That was before I missed a lot because laptops are more fragile than my cat would like them to be.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

I'll give people time to react, but for those invested in Katsuo's safety re: Kusuma, don't worry too much on that. It's a bit awkward for me to handle the opening parts of this disaster with my own characters, but Momoka -is- there for an important reason.

Chuck and Naito could probably easily hear the howl and possibly the commotion.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

OMG THINGS AND STUFF!
    Ahem.

Hopefully that post isn't too much of a mess as I try to get caught up on the crazy happenings of the now.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #335
    Orc in the Playground

I think it was pretty spot-on.

BUT YOU AIN'T SEEN CRAZY YET

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

How's it going. Been ages since I poked and prodded around in here. Wondering if it's still possible to poke around and be a part of the setting? Since the thing is pretty plot heavy I wanted to find out how unrealistic it is to try to get someone involved.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Orc in the Playground

Well, it mostly depends on what you're thinking of doing. We do have a few places here and there that could use livening up, but as far as additional plots are concerned, space is pretty tight at the moment.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338

I like most of the Bleach setting. What areas could use things?

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh oh! Nuala runs a fullbringer organization that could really use members! It's part honorable and part villainous, including plots to protect humans from Hollows (honorable) and condemn Hueco Mundo to Hell (villainous). However, that second part is known only to members of a certain very trusted inner circle of Nonessentials. If you're interested, here's a rundown on what Nonessentia is, and some information on their unique weapons and uniforms. :D

Spoiler: Nonessentia
    Show
    Far from something that Nuala can pick up and take with her, this is the place that she retreats to between adventures and excursions. Simple, small and out of the way, Nonessentia is part tea shop, part museum, part library and all hole-in-the-wall. As an organization, Nonessentia operates for the protection of fullbringers. It also contains Nuala’s humble basement apartment and more varieties of tea than you knew existed.

Nonessentia's fullbringer protection agency operates on the idea that fullbringers are unnecessary (hence the name), because they're the result of a side effect of hollows, who are themselves a side effect of the natural cycle of souls. Furthermore, due to the bestial nature of hollows, fullbringers existing at all means that children and their families are suffering needlessly. If the organization did have an overarching goal, it would be to find a way to stop fullbringers from happening at all.

There are multiple things a member of Nonessentia could do. A lack of education can be just as dangerous as monsters, so collecting spiritual artifacts and volumes for the museum and library is a good way to be involved. Alternatively, a member can be assigned to scouting out new fullbringers and introducing them (and their families) to Nonessentia. Or, they can watch over women with child in areas prone to hollow activity, as a part of fullbringer-prevention duty.

A member of Nonessentia doesn't even have to do any of these things. They could man the tea shop if they really wanted (encouraged to use fullbring to produce the best dang tea). Or they just eat scones and visit the library and the museum on occasion, and maybe even attend a couple of classes. Nonessentials are also free to have their own goals, and each member can be closer or further to the core operations of the group. Depending on the situation, Nonessentia may even help them achieve their own goals.

Despite the extensive charter, though, fullbringers and other spiritually aware people are rare. Nonessentia doesn't have many members, so it's always looking for more. Case in point, Nuala has had no reason to acquire a larger space for its people, because they can all fit in the tea shop's sitting area without any special accommodations.
    Spoiler: Uniforms
    Show
    The basis of their uniform is a light breastplate with chain, a pair of reinforced pants and boots, and a long greatcoat. The greatcoat is made for protection from the elements, has a low waist seam, with light waist suppression to provide shape without restricting the wearer. The coat is primarily gunmetal grey, with silver buttons and clasps, and furry trim in emerald green. Each other piece of the uniform follows the same color pattern; the boots are grey with silver buckles, and lined with emerald green. The coat is secured at the waist with a dark grey half-belt, which clips to the back of the coat and the hem of one side. The coat has different cuts for men and women; men's coats are just below knee length, whereas womens' are calf length.

The Dragon's Tail
    The emerald segments of the dragon's tail are actually a series of gated drucht anam reservoirs. Using a simple fullbring-based switch, the wearer can activate the dragon's tail, which disperses drucht anam into their surroundings to make eagna uisca available. The dragon's tail can be halted at any time, but if left open too long, the tail segments will eventually all drain, leaving them with little access to fullbringer spells. Should the dragon's tail run dry, they will only have the small throwing points and their beil-axes to work with.

Triple Moon Beil-Axes
    Flat, aerodynamic and simple to use, Nonessentia's triple moon beil-axes sport two concave crescent moons along their sides, and a sturdy wedge tip straight up the haft. Each is sixteen inches long and six inches wide, and equally usable as either a melee or a thrown weapon. In the center of the axe is the third moon, a double concave disc filled with the rich forest green of drucht anam. A simple fullbring-based switch in the handle releases the catch of a hammer buried within the axe. When the catch is opened and the axe is thrown, the hammer shatters the drucht anam disc, spraying its contents nearby, often serving as the setup or the trigger for eagna uisca techniques or spells.

Throwing Points
    Concealed along the outside of either leg of the Nonessential uniform, each of these throwing points is a misericorde-shaped throwing spike with a five inch blade and an additional three inches of handle. Set into the middle of the dart is a drucht anam reservoir, which breaks open on impact with a target. Nonessentials often use these darts for surprise attacks, or to set up swift spellcasting or other eagna uisca techniques at range.
    Spoiler: Slabhraí Pionóis
    Show
    Irish for "penalty chains," these things are probably a terrible idea. From an in-universe perspective, anyway. Still, they represent a fast track to great power, so we'll probably find some people dumb or desperate enough to use them. As weapon devices go, these slabhraí pionóis have freakishly strong starting points, but the risks are steep. Fortunately, supply is low, as they are dangerous to make.

To start, all slabhraí pionóis have no fewer than these six things in common:
    1) Each slabhra is crafted from the splintered soul of a single togabito.
    2) Every slabhra pionóis is a chain weapon. This is to say, one or more chains are a central feature of the weapon.
    3) An elaborate but stout lock appears somewhere along the weapon. Usually in the place of a guard, but if the weapon doesn't normally have a guard, the lock can appear elsewhere.
    4) Paired with a slabhra's lock is a heavy key, unique to that weapon.
    5) Along any sections of the weapon that are not its lock, chains, piercing points or cutting edges, all are wrapped in strips of black cloth.
    6) Since its soul is locked steadfastly within it, a slabhra pionóis resists fullbring. It cannot be manipulated or transformed with fullbring, nor can one become a character's personal fullbring.

Like some other special weapons in this setting, each slabhra has a special ability. This is the same as the special ability of the togabito whose soul was broken to create it. Any ability the togabito would have had, both the weapon and the key's bearer have. However, due to the nature of the lock, the strength of a slabhra's ability is yoked down to just greater than the strength of the average shikai (if there were an average).

A slabhra's lock opens in two stages, called "chéad guaise," (Irish for "first hazard") and "iomlán scaoil" (Irish for "full unleash"). The further a lock is opened, the more influence and freedom the togabito experiences. However, opening a slabhra's lock is a dangerous proposition; it comes with multiple effects. As soon as the key touches the lock, its wielder can feel the togabito's monstrous willpower, gratitude and malevolence.

When a slabhra's lock is opened to the either stage, its wielder and the togabito spirit are pitted into a fierce struggle of spiritual pressure against one another. While the wielder has the upper hand, the spirit is subjugated, forcing it into a position of subservience under the key's bearer. When the spirit gains the upper hand, it breaks free from the wielder's control and rampages, inflicting destruction and misery on the world around it, until either it can be subjugated again, or the lock is closed back down.

There's more information to be had on all fronts, here, but I have cherry picked the most front-facing bits for you. If you're interested. :)

10. - Top - End - #340

Quote Originally Posted by Ammutseba View Post
    Oh oh! Nuala runs a fullbringer organization that could really use members! It's part honorable and part villainous, including plots to protect humans from Hollows (honorable) and condemn Hueco Mundo to Hell (villainous). However, that second part is known only to members of a certain very trusted inner circle of Nonessentials. If you're interested, here's a rundown on what Nonessentia is, and some information on their unique weapons and uniforms. :D

Spoiler: Nonessentia
    Show
    Far from something that Nuala can pick up and take with her, this is the place that she retreats to between adventures and excursions. Simple, small and out of the way, Nonessentia is part tea shop, part museum, part library and all hole-in-the-wall. As an organization, Nonessentia operates for the protection of fullbringers. It also contains Nuala’s humble basement apartment and more varieties of tea than you knew existed.

Nonessentia's fullbringer protection agency operates on the idea that fullbringers are unnecessary (hence the name), because they're the result of a side effect of hollows, who are themselves a side effect of the natural cycle of souls. Furthermore, due to the bestial nature of hollows, fullbringers existing at all means that children and their families are suffering needlessly. If the organization did have an overarching goal, it would be to find a way to stop fullbringers from happening at all.

There are multiple things a member of Nonessentia could do. A lack of education can be just as dangerous as monsters, so collecting spiritual artifacts and volumes for the museum and library is a good way to be involved. Alternatively, a member can be assigned to scouting out new fullbringers and introducing them (and their families) to Nonessentia. Or, they can watch over women with child in areas prone to hollow activity, as a part of fullbringer-prevention duty.

A member of Nonessentia doesn't even have to do any of these things. They could man the tea shop if they really wanted (encouraged to use fullbring to produce the best dang tea). Or they just eat scones and visit the library and the museum on occasion, and maybe even attend a couple of classes. Nonessentials are also free to have their own goals, and each member can be closer or further to the core operations of the group. Depending on the situation, Nonessentia may even help them achieve their own goals.

Despite the extensive charter, though, fullbringers and other spiritually aware people are rare. Nonessentia doesn't have many members, so it's always looking for more. Case in point, Nuala has had no reason to acquire a larger space for its people, because they can all fit in the tea shop's sitting area without any special accommodations.
    Spoiler: Uniforms
    Show
    The basis of their uniform is a light breastplate with chain, a pair of reinforced pants and boots, and a long greatcoat. The greatcoat is made for protection from the elements, has a low waist seam, with light waist suppression to provide shape without restricting the wearer. The coat is primarily gunmetal grey, with silver buttons and clasps, and furry trim in emerald green. Each other piece of the uniform follows the same color pattern; the boots are grey with silver buckles, and lined with emerald green. The coat is secured at the waist with a dark grey half-belt, which clips to the back of the coat and the hem of one side. The coat has different cuts for men and women; men's coats are just below knee length, whereas womens' are calf length.

The Dragon's Tail
    The emerald segments of the dragon's tail are actually a series of gated drucht anam reservoirs. Using a simple fullbring-based switch, the wearer can activate the dragon's tail, which disperses drucht anam into their surroundings to make eagna uisca available. The dragon's tail can be halted at any time, but if left open too long, the tail segments will eventually all drain, leaving them with little access to fullbringer spells. Should the dragon's tail run dry, they will only have the small throwing points and their beil-axes to work with.

Triple Moon Beil-Axes
    Flat, aerodynamic and simple to use, Nonessentia's triple moon beil-axes sport two concave crescent moons along their sides, and a sturdy wedge tip straight up the haft. Each is sixteen inches long and six inches wide, and equally usable as either a melee or a thrown weapon. In the center of the axe is the third moon, a double concave disc filled with the rich forest green of drucht anam. A simple fullbring-based switch in the handle releases the catch of a hammer buried within the axe. When the catch is opened and the axe is thrown, the hammer shatters the drucht anam disc, spraying its contents nearby, often serving as the setup or the trigger for eagna uisca techniques or spells.

Throwing Points
    Concealed along the outside of either leg of the Nonessential uniform, each of these throwing points is a misericorde-shaped throwing spike with a five inch blade and an additional three inches of handle. Set into the middle of the dart is a drucht anam reservoir, which breaks open on impact with a target. Nonessentials often use these darts for surprise attacks, or to set up swift spellcasting or other eagna uisca techniques at range.
    Spoiler: Slabhraí Pionóis
    Show
    Irish for "penalty chains," these things are probably a terrible idea. From an in-universe perspective, anyway. Still, they represent a fast track to great power, so we'll probably find some people dumb or desperate enough to use them. As weapon devices go, these slabhraí pionóis have freakishly strong starting points, but the risks are steep. Fortunately, supply is low, as they are dangerous to make.

To start, all slabhraí pionóis have no fewer than these six things in common:
    1) Each slabhra is crafted from the splintered soul of a single togabito.
    2) Every slabhra pionóis is a chain weapon. This is to say, one or more chains are a central feature of the weapon.
    3) An elaborate but stout lock appears somewhere along the weapon. Usually in the place of a guard, but if the weapon doesn't normally have a guard, the lock can appear elsewhere.
    4) Paired with a slabhra's lock is a heavy key, unique to that weapon.
    5) Along any sections of the weapon that are not its lock, chains, piercing points or cutting edges, all are wrapped in strips of black cloth.
    6) Since its soul is locked steadfastly within it, a slabhra pionóis resists fullbring. It cannot be manipulated or transformed with fullbring, nor can one become a character's personal fullbring.

Like some other special weapons in this setting, each slabhra has a special ability. This is the same as the special ability of the togabito whose soul was broken to create it. Any ability the togabito would have had, both the weapon and the key's bearer have. However, due to the nature of the lock, the strength of a slabhra's ability is yoked down to just greater than the strength of the average shikai (if there were an average).

A slabhra's lock opens in two stages, called "chéad guaise," (Irish for "first hazard") and "iomlán scaoil" (Irish for "full unleash"). The further a lock is opened, the more influence and freedom the togabito experiences. However, opening a slabhra's lock is a dangerous proposition; it comes with multiple effects. As soon as the key touches the lock, its wielder can feel the togabito's monstrous willpower, gratitude and malevolence.

When a slabhra's lock is opened to the either stage, its wielder and the togabito spirit are pitted into a fierce struggle of spiritual pressure against one another. While the wielder has the upper hand, the spirit is subjugated, forcing it into a position of subservience under the key's bearer. When the spirit gains the upper hand, it breaks free from the wielder's control and rampages, inflicting destruction and misery on the world around it, until either it can be subjugated again, or the lock is closed back down.

There's more information to be had on all fronts, here, but I have cherry picked the most front-facing bits for you. If you're interested. :)
    That sounds interesting! What kinds of roles/characters would you be looking for?

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, due to the time we have left to develop characters and the arc (BitP is trying to wind down), I'd say what we need is the parts of a five-bad band. Nuala fits the big bad (technically the bigger bad) trope, and I think what she really needs right now is a dragon/heavy. Someone she can trust almost implicitly, and who trusts her further than that.

Keep in mind that while they may fit these tropes, though, Nonessentials are genuinely trying to help humanity and tend to have good intentions. They don't have to be inherently bad people; they're likely just good people whose organization's true goal is something that's probably quite bad.

There are three tiers of circle. There are the Rangers, who are the majority of the active-duty Nonessentials, there are the Watchers, who have been initiated once and invested in with higher-quality gear, and then there are the Dragons (not the trope :p), who have been initiated twice, sworn to secrecy and filled in on all of Nuala's plans to date.

It is worth knowing that, for the moment, the Slabhraí Pionóis don't exist. They're in the process of being developed, and they'll come to be soon.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

What has Momoka ever done? It's not like she's cast a bunch of forbidden kido or anything. D:
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

Or (technically unlawfully) imprisoned the former Commander-General before Zhen Li Ling.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344

Quote Originally Posted by Ammutseba View Post
    Well, due to the time we have left to develop characters and the arc (BitP is trying to wind down), I'd say what we need is the parts of a five-bad band. Nuala fits the big bad (technically the bigger bad) trope, and I think what she really needs right now is a dragon/heavy. Someone she can trust almost implicitly, and who trusts her further than that.

Keep in mind that while they may fit these tropes, though, Nonessentials are genuinely trying to help humanity and tend to have good intentions. They don't have to be inherently bad people; they're likely just good people whose organization's true goal is something that's probably quite bad.

There are three tiers of circle. There are the Rangers, who are the majority of the active-duty Nonessentials, there are the Watchers, who have been initiated once and invested in with higher-quality gear, and then there are the Dragons (not the trope :p), who have been initiated twice, sworn to secrecy and filled in on all of Nuala's plans to date.

It is worth knowing that, for the moment, the Slabhraí Pionóis don't exist. They're in the process of being developed, and they'll come to be soon.
    Sure! I can take a crack at a dragon heavy member of the team of bad guys. I'll work on something and put it in the Character area and see what you think of it.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Orc in the Playground

Haaaaaaaang on, that's not exactly how it works.

Post it here instead for review. Once we give the A-ok, you can post it to the registry!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So, because of various not-bad things going on in life, I really won't be around until, like Thursday or Friday, and even after that my attention may be even spottier than normal for a while.
    In light of that:
    -Dorizzit can have control of Masamune if needed.
    -Dorizzit, and Strawbs as necessary, can have control of Chuck (probably the most urgent)
    -Kuroi can control Masaru
    -If needed, Draken can control Thomas

17. - Top - End - #347
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Sure! I can take a crack at a dragon heavy member of the team of bad guys. I'll work on something and put it in the Character area and see what you think of it.
    I'm still very much looking forward to this!

18. - Top - End - #348
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry for the wait.

And yes, for the record, Hollowtsuo is fullbringing his hair.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

Just in the case you missed it, Dorizzit, (as it was last post of its page), I'm waiting/hoping a response from Aoi.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

With the recent developments with Nuala, I've made two major changes to her character.

Spoiler: Emerald Bichirs
    Show
    Emerald Bichirs [3]: Living spiritual devices of Nuala's own design, emerald bichirs represent Nuala's first complete foray into the craft of spiritual weapons and armaments. Emerald bichirs are normally small, invisible and have no physical bodies, even with regards to other spiritual creatures. When an emerald bichir is awakened, it becomes vaguely visible from certain angles.

An emerald bichir has an elongated body with an appearance halfway between an eel and a fish, with bright silver scales, long whiskers, twelve separate dorsal finlets and shiny highlights of rich forest green. Unlike the bichirs for which they are named, emerald bichirs have long, curved teeth that can sink into the spiritual body of a host and anchor them in place.

An emerald bichir is awakened by feeding it caloric energy, which is tied to human strength and stamina. The bichir takes in this caloric energy, processes it as food, and outputs reiryoku back into its host's body. The reiryoku a bichir produces is the host's own, thus allowing them to use it freely. An emerald bichir functions like an amplifier for spiritual energy, and its gain is dependent on the amount of caloric energy being fed to the bichir. Even when dormant and invisible, the emerald bichir passively processes caloric energy and provides reiryoku back to its host, producing a rough gain of two.

When awakened, an emerald bichir's gain increases, sometimes up to as much as four. The more caloric energy that is fed to the bichir, the more visible it becomes, and also the longer, larger and more dragon-like one appears. An invisible bichir might be as small as four inches long, but a fully awakened one could be more than two feet in length. Once caloric energy is no longer being actively fed to the bichir, it quickly becomes invisible and shrinks back down to its normal size again.

Using an emerald bichir is not without consequences, however. Just having one anchored to the body increases a person's caloric needs, making them hungrier than they would be without the device. If a bichir is not awakened, the difference can often be easily dismissed, but awakening a bichir has repercussions that can leave a person ravenous.

Nuala has taken on a load of three emerald bichirs, arranged into a cascading circuit, and though this does make her much more powerful than she was before, she must eventually meet with the consequences of her actions. Even when she does not awaken her bichirs, she must consume more than twice as much food as an athletic human of her size and weight to maintain her health.

And a change in her reiryoku status from High to Great, owing to the recent (nearly accidental) but intense training she's put herself through with trying to cure Cero Palido, and the use of three bichirs.

Just thought I should bring it up. :)
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2017-08-15 at 05:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    So, because of various not-bad things going on in life, I really won't be around until, like Thursday or Friday, and even after that my attention may be even spottier than normal for a while.
    In light of that:
    -Dorizzit can have control of Masamune if needed.
    -Dorizzit, and Strawbs as necessary, can have control of Chuck (probably the most urgent)
    -Kuroi can control Masaru
    -If needed, Draken can control Thomas
    Due to a couple of different factors this is still the case and will be for a few more days yet.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Orc in the Playground

I am generally okay with waiting for KD on this, it'd feel weird without him.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #353
    nickelangelo
    Guest in the Playground

Hello to everyone!
    I'm a friend of Ammutseba's and he's brought me in with a character to act as a goon for his. I'll get on finishing up his profile soon, I just thought I'd greet everyone first.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well you know. That and because I trust you and am arm-flailingly excited to write with you. :P

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I am generally okay with waiting for KD on this, it'd feel weird without him.
    Likewise, just nudge me if I miss anything.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Unfortunately still in a position of only having my phone to post with. Will be at least a few days before that changes.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Orc in the Playground

We'll be here, buddy.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    nickelangelo
    Guest in the Playground

I've been told this is where a new character's supposed to be put first, so here goes

Peadar
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Peadar
    Race: Human; fullbringer
    Height: 6’ 2”; 188cm
    Weight: 242.5 lbs; 110kg
    Affiliation: Nonessentia
    Reiatsu: Pale Green(#AAFF77)
    Speech: #437e1f

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show
    Peadar is, at a first glance, a bear of a man. Tall and built sturdy, his presence alone can be intimidating to the more skittish. a shoulder length mess of curly, ginger hair crouwns his head under a marsh green cap. The hint of stubble on his cheeks and chin is only slightly unkempt. A pair of dark, yet sparkly eyes watch intently from under the cap, scouring for details. At the center of his face is a large, wide nose.

His normal attire consist of a pair of faint greyish green trousers and a white button up shirt, its sleeves rolled up to reveal thick, hairy arms. There's usually a bartowel hanging out of at least one of his pockets.

When out in the field, he wears a custom version of Nonessentia's Dragon uniform, as is befit for an elite.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Peadar is a feeler. He acts on emotion, mostly on what he believes is righteous and is fairly hard to budge in his convictions. He's the first to laugh at a joke, no matter how bad, and the first to bawl his eyes out at anything unfortunate. However one shouldn't take his emotive nature as a lack in strength of character. He's not easy to placate once you become his target, and his tendency to rush the front line gives one few occasions to even try before they find themselves in his grip.

Out of battle, he's not dissimilar. Loud when he speaks, he also knows how to listen, skill learned during the years he manned his father's pub. People say interesting things around a bartend, afterall. Peadar still tends to judge first though, and is reluctant to change his mind about his first impressions of someone. A good first impression will get you far with him. A loyal man also, he is devoted to Nuala, her group and her cause. While he understands that some of the things they do are morally questionable at best, he is convinced that it is all in the name of a greater good.

Spoiler: History
    Show
    Peadar's story starts before he was even born, when a stray hollow destroyed half of his parents' pub. The two barely escaped with their lives, but the unborn child was already permanently marked by the encounter.

The family rebuilt and resumed their usually uneventful lives, the incident written off as a freak accident, details lost to memory. Little Peadar grew up around his eternally busy father and a usually rowdy pub, helping out like a good kid is supposed to. Still, the atmosphere of the pub couldn't help but rub off on him. So was it that he started getting into scuffles with the local kids and at the age of 8 first manifested his fullbringer powers.

The abilities were subtle enough for him not to notice them at start, but they gave him an unseen advantage in fistfights that he couldn't help but gradually notice. Years later he would become the head of one of the gangs, leading kids against other youngsters, fights in alleys escalating to street brawls.

An unfortunate accident sparked by his abilities brought an end to this phase of his life. His father, expecting Peadar to grow into a serious and dutiful man, confronted him about his thug-like behavior and lectured him. It became a fight that culminated in Peadar setting the house on fire. This resulted in his father's death and te pub having to be partially rebuilt a second time.

Consumed by guilt, Peadar resolved to take over running the pub and care for his grieving mother, who fell ill and never quite recovered. For a while, he struggled, but also learned a lot, and only in a short few years the place was running without a problem again, or so Peadar thought.

The local mob was unhappy that the pub's protection fee stopped coming in after Peadar's father died, he himself never having learned about this. When some goons tried to extort him, it did not end well for them. This, in turn, provoked their boss who, in a vengeful fit, ordered the destruction of the pub.

This time the damage was permanent, and Peadar lost his mother as well. Without a chance for revenge, he had to escape into the nearby marshlands, where he lived a hermit's life for a few years. He spent his time honing his fighting skills as well as his mysterious ability, which he named "switching". He specialized in compressing the air around himself, making anything that passed through it slow down and deviate from its direction, while he himself retained his agility.

When he became satisfied with his progress, Peadar began his revenge plan. Donning a mask, he signed up into an underground wrestling ring led by the mob. With the aim to rise at the top and take out the boss at an opportune moment, he found little in the way of obstacles to reach the status of champions. Normal humans couldn't complete with his supernatural 'switching' abilities.

This period of his life did mark him in some significant ways, however. His fighting style has become notably flashy and grandiose, as in the ring he was as much a fighter as much he was entertainment. Another thing that has clung to him ever since was the habit of naming and calling his attacks when performing them.

The revenge was anticlimactic and rather disappointing, in the end. It left Peadar directionless and without a purpose. Having angered what remained of the mob, he had to escape the town he had grown up in, and then just drifted from place to place until he stumbled into a tea shop.

That is where he met Nuala and where he was recognized for what he was. He was educated about his nature and offered a place in a group that strove to help humanity against a foe they couldn't fight. Six years passed since and he hasn't regretted his decision, now an elite and as dedicated as he'd ever get. He now runs the tea shop whenever Nuala isn't around to do that, which happens fairly often.

Spoiler: Possessions
    Show
    His wrestler mask, consisting of dark green leather with a raw brown hem, covering most of his head's upper half, his ears and his upper cheeks but not his nose, with holes cut out for his eyes. This item is actually his personal fullbring, that he made after he learned he could make one when he was taught what it means to be a fullbringer.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show

Spoiler: Fighting
    Show
    Peadar is a grappling wrestler. He's well versed in the art of sneaking through an opponent's blows and grabbing their limbs tightly before either holding them down in a painful clutch or using a throwing move on them. He is, however, not particularly good at aerial moves typical for the wrestler fighting style.

There's also traces of street fighting mixed into his combat behavior. Every so often an opponent will catch an odd punch thrown in less than sportsmanlike fashion, aimed to paralyze, even if just long enough to grapple and hold down.

One newer addition to his fighting style is a 10 meter (~30ft) metal chain he wears wrapped around his right arm in combat. He uses it in conjunction with his grappling techniques, trying to immobilize an opponent.

He's got several sequences of moves that crop up in has battle often enough to have gained their own names, which he gleefully calls out as he performs them:

-Super Deflation Drop Clothesline-

Peadar runs toward an opponent, with his arm raised horizontally, bending forward. He catches the opponent's neck with his arm as he jumps, swinging his legs forward to use his momentum to bring the enemy to the ground as he himself falls down. Using the force of the fall, he shifts his elbow lower on the opponent's torso so that he can use the force of the fall and his own weight to strike down just below the sternum, knocking the air out of the opponent. He then proceeds to put the opponent into a hold/lock/choke of his choice while they struggle to recover.

-Bull Spin Piledriver-
    Bracing to face a charging opponent, Peadar will let them pass under his raised arm, then bend down and grab them across their torso. He will lift the opponent up, who is now upside down, with their head around Peadar's thighs. He will then drop to the ground into a sitting position with his legs apart, so that the enemy's head smashes against the floor.

-Undone Shoelace Lock-
    Peadar charges an opponent and then jumps at them, spinning mid-jump so that he's horizontally oriented when his abdomen hits the enemy's. His girth will knock the opponent on their back, while he wraps his arm behind their knees and uses the momentum of the fall to roll over the upper body of the enemy, still grabbing their legs, then brings the shins around each side of the opponent's neck and locks their ankles behind their head.

He's not a stranger to powerslams, neckbreakers and suplexes either, though those aren't as widely used. He very rarely kicks.

Spoiler: Basics
    Show
    High Speed Movement: Peadar is capable of greatly enhancing his speed thanks to the fullbringer training he went through as a nonessential. Not always a part of his fighting style, he sometimes has trouble or plain forgets to integrate it in fights, but will most likely remember to use this skill if in a pinch.

Strength: Peadar is without a doubt a strong man even without his fullbringer powers. This ability considerably enhances his already great strength, allowing him to clutch down and hold opponents with ease, allowing little chance of escape.

Durability: As large as he is, Peadar is used to dodging strikes, as his universal fullbring abilities also suggest. He's more keen on slowing down a hit so he can slip around it, but will shrug off anything but a serious strike as well.

Spiritual Energy: High Spiritual Energy - Peadar has been, especially in the six years with Nonessentia, training to increase his spiritual energy. The level he has reached is greater than average, granting him fairly high speed, strength and durability as a fighter.

Spoiler: Universal Fullbring
    Show
    Fullbring Master: At its most basic level, the ability to manipulate the souls within all things. Not without limits, the technique is yet extremely versatile. A fullbringer “pulls” on the soul within an object, drawing out its inherent or conceptual qualities, its imprinted memories, its desires and its potential, which manifest into the outward body of the object and its abilities or functions.

For a long amount of time Peadar called his ability 'switching' and still sometimes refers to it as such in the heat of combat. Developed away from any other users, his focus turned to slowing down an enemy as opposed to speeding himself up. As such, he relies on compressing air and making it hard to pass through, slowing down and even derailing anyone trying to break through. The air around him gains a slightly hazy, pale blue quality as he uses this skill. Peadar can also use liquids, and to a smaller extent even solids to form obstacles in an attacker's way, though only rarely does he get the opportunity.

-Switch Blue: Swamp Air-
    Peadar uses his ability to compress air (or for a greater effect, water, if in rain or underwater) to cause a moderate slowdown in an enemy's movement while he himself is free to move.

-Switch Red: Mist Haze Fist-
    Peadar uses his ability to compress air, then punches in the direction of an enemy, resulting in a short to mid range air cannon of quite considerable force. Beyond around 10 meters the projectile turns into a gust of wind, losing its force.

-Switch Purple: Snake Bite Clutch-
    Peadar uses his ability to compress air around his fingers to aid him in his grappling arts, strengthening his grip on whatever he grabs on to.

Spoiler: Eagna Uisca
    Show
    The various techniques of the Quincy have very little that differentiates them from the equivalent Kido arts of the Shinigami. With research, adaptation and training, Nuala has been able to adapt the ginto and liquid reiryoku, via fullbring transformation, to a medium that Fullbringers can make use of. She calls these spells "Eagna Uisca." As much stolen from the Quincy as Nuala developed it for herself, these skills are as Hollow as they are Human, and as a result, they are somewhere halfway between techniques (Sonido) and spells (Ginto).

Eagna Uisca makes use of a specially-prepared liquid reiryoku, called "drúcht anam," stored in soul-synthesized silver orbs, called "clocha," to provide the energy to create fast and powerful effects. The drúcht anam is released from one or more clocha as a mist, usually invisible until manipulated, and then transformed via precision-intensive universal fullbring to create spells. As more Eagna Uisca spells are cast, they "burn through" drúcht anam, and particularly powerful spells will deplete the liquid more quickly.

Peadar has managed to incorporate a few select spells rather shockingly quickly, as if they weer tailor made for him. They augment his fighting style in ways he couldn't think of before, and now uses them with great efficiency. On the downside, most of the spells which he's deemed useless for him, he is not particularly good at using. The ones he did commit to learn are:

Nathair (Irish for "Snake"):
    -Soul Switch Green: Crane Dancing Among the Reeds-
    Drúcht anam is compressed into sheets of pressure, giving the fullbringer elevated mobility and control within its confines, such as for dodging and sidestepping, for brief instances of time. This can also be used to shift from a defensive position into an offensive position, or vice versa. The effect is poor outside of short, personal movements, so even if it were used in conjunction with a high speed movement technique, the effect would be negligible. Nathair spends drúcht anam very slowly, so it can be maintained for quite some time.

Braistint (Irish for "Cognition"):
    -Soul Switch White: Lighthouse on a Misty Night-
    By dispersing drúcht anam over and attuning it to their senses, the fullbringer expands their intuitive awareness and reflexes, allowing them to predict and respond to attack trajectories with crystal clarity and lightning speed. This spell provides foresight on the entire course of an attack entering its area, making course adjustments and chaotic behavior of no use in the face of its precision. More advanced fullbringers can cast a wider net with this spell, giving them more effective time to respond to attacks.

Dheirceach Taoide (Irish for "Waxing Flood-Tide"):
    -Soul Switch Blue: Walk Through a Wall of Rain-
    Filling a space with drúcht anam under far too much pressure, the caster creates air that fights its occupants tooth and nail, pushing back against their movements and exhausting them more quickly than they otherwise would. At the same time, fullbringers can take advantage of this space, using the high-pressure drúcht anam to more easily use Nathair.

Spreagadh (Irish for "Impulse"):
    -Soul Switch Red: Fist of Where Are You Aiming-
    A spell that takes effect over three rapid steps, Spreagadh's effect is often unexpected, even by those that witness the entire process. A fullbringer first shapes drúcht anam into a bullet, gives it the properties of infusion and momentum, and then fires it at an attack or projectile. When the bullet impacts with a moving target, it redirects its target's path of motion up to 90 degrees in any direction, as if it had quickly turned a corner.

There are also a couple of spells that he hasn't mastered but is in the process of perfecting:

Hiodra Dol (Irish for "Hydra Snare"):
    -Soul Switch Purple: The Great Serpent Bites-
    Drúcht anam is quickly compressed into a thin but sturdy steel chain with a snake-like head, which bolts outward and attempts to wrap itself around a target. Then, the other end anchors itself into the ground, a nearby wall, or other solid point. If the chain is attacked, it splits itself into two chains, which try to ensnare the victim from opposite sides. More skilled casters can create hydra snares that will split more than one time.

Na Slabrhaí Bardach (Irish for "The Warden Chains"):
    -Soul Switch Yellow: My Cage is to Keep You Out-
    Drúcht anam becomes orange-hot chains that form a dome around the fullbringer, sealing them away from reach. Contact with the chains causes them to wrap around the offender, offering a searing penalty for the enemy foolish enough to test their protection. By burning additional drúcht anam, a fullbringer can create additional chains, making the barrier more powerful and more dangerous, even after it has already grabbed a victim.

Beir ar na Gealaí (Irish for "Catch the Moon"):
    -Soul Switch Cyan: Kiss of the Maiden called a Winter Morning-
    By arresting control of and freezing the drúcht anam within an area, a fullbringer can likewise immobilize a target. It can be used equally on creatures, inanimate objects and even spiritual effects such as ceros and kido, but lasts for seconds under even the best conditions. When a person is frozen by Breith ar an Ngealach, however, their perception of time is frozen along with them, and so it is easy for an unprepared victim to be disoriented in its wake.

A final category of spells he uses are spells tailor made for or by him:

Muir na braoinin (Irish for "Sea of the Droplets"):
    -Soul Switch Greater Blue: The Sea Claims my Enemies-
    An especially thick version of Dhearceach Taoide, creating a wide field of drucht anam droplets, which cling to opponents and slow them down. The field can be caused to move together with its prey, denying them escape. Peadar can slip through the droplets with ease, and the droplets are viable drucht anam for more spells.

Aisfhuaimniu (Irish for "Reverberation"):
    -Soul Switch Greater Red: Your Power is a Boon for Me-
    By rapidly hardening and vibrating reaitsu on the body, the fullbringer can dilute, neutralize or store the force of attacks. Peadar coats his hands and arms in gelified drucht anam, the "sleeves" connected across his back. Catching incoming attacks with his left palm, he can immediately redirect with his right fist, or store the force in the gel for later, more powerful release.

Spoiler: Personal Fullbring
    Show
    Green Barghest Mask: Peadar's personal fullbring is his old wrestler's mask, which he turned into his item of power when he learned about the possibility. When worn and activated, it will grow from his head down on his face, splitting at his neck, covering his shoulders and running down his arms, covering all but his fingertips, maintaining its deep green color. A pale, lime green mane cascades down his back, and copper colored gauntlets form around his wrists, grappling claws extending around his fists to aid either with grabbing or punching. He can also use his personal fullbring in conjunction with his universal fullbring skills:

-Switch Greater Red: Air Cannon Punch-
    Peadar uses his ability to compress air, then punches in the direction of an enemy, adding force with his personal fullbring's grappling claw gauntlet. The range and power of the resulting air cannon both increase significantly.

-Switch Greater Purple: Crocodile Crunch-
    Peadar uses his ability to compress air around his grappling claw and grabs at an enemy with crushing force, to be followed up by a clutch or throw move.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Orc in the Playground

I like him, and also feel bad for his childhood.

(I should also note he'd HATE to fight Sagarosso.)

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Orc in the Playground

I grow bored waiting for the scenes in the spirit world to progress.

Therefore, I have drafted an out-of-continuity side episode for us to scratch our collective itch.

DANCE, MY PUPPETS, DANCE!!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show