Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

Is this still a thing?
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Orc in the Playground

I am mostly waiting on people here, but I do believe Torahiko and Margrave never finished their chat.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

It's still a thing insofar as people are interested in making it a thing.

For you, cardrian, I'd say there's a fairly obvious advancement track of continuing Torahiko's interaction with Margrave, as Kuroimaken happens to be consistently active. I'm pretty sure that as long as you keep replying to Kuroimaken, he will keep replying to you.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

I rather enjoyed it. But I've established a lasting history of crumbling under pressure.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cardrian View Post
    I rather enjoyed it. But I've established a lasting history of crumbling under pressure.
    As long as people keep coming back to this, I'm going to keep writing until it ends. If no one does, I'll finish it myself. I promised you guys that much.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm still here. I thought we were waiting on KD to come back.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

I am! I tried to set up a Gaiden episode for people to have something to do in the meantime but no one replied except Frozen.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

The question is: do you have characters who are not involved in the same event as KD's characters, and can hence act independent of that part of the game?

If yes, what are you waiting for?

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

Merry Christmas, ya'll.

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
    Four Von Geisters plotting
    Three Choukos a-rapping
    Two Koutarous commanding
    And a new post by our friend KD.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I’m finally at a point, overall, I could probably get posts out a couple of times a week....

But it’s the Holidays. So, yeah, it’ll be a bit still

Sorry that I made things grind to a halt.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

11. - Top - End - #371
    Orc in the Playground

Long as you're coming back, that's what matters, bud.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay, so, holidays are wrapped up, back to the grind. I'll be trying to get this onto my schedule, as it were, but I really need help remembering what's what now and where I'm needed to post.
    I'm sorry it took as long as it did for me to get back to this.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

The cliffnotes: Katsuo is apparently contaminated by some sort of Hollowification process resulting from their fight with Felicia. People are trying to contain him and find a way to reverse the process, because if they don't, then the Shinigami are definitely going to kill him. So far he's thrown a Royal Guardsman through a building. We were basically waiting on Chuck to dive into Katsuo's soulscape in an attempt to reverse the process while everyone else tries to contain the damage.

And look, don't worry about it. What's important is that you came back.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    The cliffnotes: Katsuo is apparently contaminated by some sort of Hollowification process resulting from their fight with Felicia. People are trying to contain him and find a way to reverse the process, because if they don't, then the Shinigami are definitely going to kill him. So far he's thrown a Royal Guardsman through a building. We were basically waiting on Chuck to dive into Katsuo's soulscape in an attempt to reverse the process while everyone else tries to contain the damage.

And look, don't worry about it. What's important is that you came back.
    Right, quick post to get that moving again.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

Minor hiccup there, KD: the whole sitch is happening on the Spiritual World thread, should be a short read.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Minor hiccup there, KD: the whole sitch is happening on the Spiritual World thread, should be a short read.
    *sighs*
    I'll try to fix tonight.

EDIT: Okay, let me know if that works alright.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2018-01-05 at 09:49 PM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

That should do it, yeah. We'll just have to nudge Strawbs to respond for the moment and on the next turn operation souldive is a go.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

Posting here so there's a chance he might see it:

DORIZZIT GET YO BUTT IN HERE!

Seriously though, I'll give it a week. If he doesn't answer I'll skip his turn in favor of getting the story going again, it's been pretty much halted as is.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Orc in the Playground

I'm sorry I waited for so long, but this is something I finally have to address. I just really don't have the inspiration to keep going on this, and I don't feel like forcing it is going to help.

So I'm putting Kuroi in charge of my characters, and anyone else as needed. Sorry to drop out at this juncture but... I just don't have it anymore.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

Well, as sad as it is to see you go Strawbs, I don't really have the right to keep you from doing it.

With that said, therein lies a significant problem. I simply do not have the flexibility it would take to write all of your characters. In the interest of keeping the story going, I would like to ask if anyone that has been around for a significant amount of time or with a significant enough interest in seeing this story through would like to take over for Strawbs' characters. Momoka and Katsuo are of particular interest due to the plots they're invested in.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I'm sorry I waited for so long, but this is something I finally have to address. I just really don't have the inspiration to keep going on this, and I don't feel like forcing it is going to help.

So I'm putting Kuroi in charge of my characters, and anyone else as needed. Sorry to drop out at this juncture but... I just don't have it anymore.
    I won't say I'm necessarily shocked. Still sad, though. I'll catch you around, Strawbs.
    Well, as sad as it is to see you go Strawbs, I don't really have the right to keep you from doing it.

With that said, therein lies a significant problem. I simply do not have the flexibility it would take to write all of your characters. In the interest of keeping the story going, I would like to ask if anyone that has been around for a significant amount of time or with a significant enough interest in seeing this story through would like to take over for Strawbs' characters. Momoka and Katsuo are of particular interest due to the plots they're invested in.
    I can try to pitch in but obviously it'd be a bit awkward for me, especially for Katsuo.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Colossus in the Playground

Hey.

Back again.

How are things progressing here?

Is there maybe some way I can get back in with Sarah, at least for a little bit. I've got a couple ways to fluff and respec her a little bit, make her a bit less problematic, becuase in hindsight she did not come across the way I wanted her too.

Of course, whether or not those ideas work depends on how much time has passed in Las Noches since she and her minders started waiting at the library and then vanished into limbo.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

The main threads are all but dead at the moment. Kuroimaken and KnightDisciple might work it out, but I don't see an easy easy for you to get in the heat of things, unless you want to try playing one of Strawberryman's characters.

There also is/was a sidestory called Beachdown Apocalypse which was mostly between me and Kuroi and fell inactive because I haven't gotten over my writer's block. We could throw Sarah in there if you want.

To wit, the situation is as follows:

Ishinomori Koutarou, Commander-General of Gotei, found himself at a beach somewhere on Earth. Experimentation has revealed to him that he appears to be in a human body, under a limiter and ~5 years in the past. After sleeping in Sillankorva shelter for the night, it is now 2nd of April, the weather is chilly and Koutarou is heading to the police station to possibly get himself an identity in the mortal world.

Possible ways to involve Sarah:

1) she was at the beach too, she has lost her necklace (similar to how Koutarou can't use his Zanpakutou due to being in a human body) and has followed Koutarou because Koutarou is the only spiritual being she can sense.
    2) this is an Alt!Sarah who is five years younger and she's visiting the city with her mentor.

Feel free to make your own suggestions.

24. - Top - End - #384

Is timeline synch nessesarily an issue here?

One of the issues with Sarah that I remember was that I didn't define her powers very well, leading to confusion and that her "exploding" seemed arbitrary.

The solution for that is basically that she was made to eat part of one of those "animal hollows" for lack of other food offscreen and actually taking a hollowfied soul into her body played hell with her energy absorption and evoltion powers--No more passive energy absorption(meaning that she's just got armor for protection), no more non-hollow related evoltuion, and she's just instead slowly progressing along the "hollow" paths with how far along she's been dependant on how much time has actually passed in Hueco Mundo and whether or not she's eaten anymore hollow flesh/souls while keeping her over all power level roughly where it was.

Her personality issues would be solved by a combination of Svetlana having managed to find just the right carrot and stick and combination thereof to get inside Sarah's shell and possibly "taking her out into the desert to find out what it's like to be a hollow."

The "hollow" evolution path, about midway through, involved her sort of absorbing her mother's bracelet into her body(as part of both herself and her Fullbring becoming more Hollow-like) so if she somehow ended up in past-earth after that happened but before she figured out how to fullbring with what is now part of her body, that would fit the first criteria.(I'm not sure if sealing her other uses of Fulbring or Reiatsu would also be nessesary.)

Edit: Found th elink, i'ts out of continuity(unless that changed?) so timeline is not at all an issue.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-03-26 at 08:23 AM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

The premise of the Beachdown Apocalypse was that an entity from outside time whisked characters on the same beach, so no, timeline is not an issue expect within the thread. Sarah could be months from Koutarou's future and it would work just fine. It's not even clear which exact point of time Koutarou himself is from in the Gaiden thread - I've been presuming that he's from the point just before Katsuo went berserk and wrecked the hospital.

26. - Top - End - #386

Okay, that sounds like a plan.

I'm reading through the thread on and off to get an idea of where it is and right now(beginning of page 2) I just have the mental image of a skinny fourteen year old in a modest two piece bathing suit freezing her ass off and being incredibly pissed off that she's gone from being out in the desert to being on a beach full of snow with no warning.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll help out a bit by pointing out that all the places and street names in the latter half of the the thread are real. Also, you are free to elaborate what Sarah's done in the (approximately) 36 hours Koutarou has been wandering around.

28. - Top - End - #388

So... Should I just post something when I get caught up?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I promised to Kuroi to post something by Tuesday noon, local time. If you caught up, it's your choice whether to post before me or after me.

30. - Top - End - #390

Well, I posted something.

I have no idea where this city is other than "Europe" and googling the names isn't helping, so I tried to keep thing's vauge.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks