New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    My point is: wasn't his soul supposed to self-destruct or something the second his Quincy Reiatsu touched Hollowification?
    No. Again, he was stable because of his inheritance. The circumstances of how this happened are highly convoluted, but the end result is pretty simple.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Just out of curiosity, does this hospital happen to be the same hospital Koutarou's at?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

There are three hospitals in Seireitei. I had to reread Dorizzit's post, and yes, Koutarou was taken to the Central Hospital AKA Monastery of the Ho-ou. Whether he's there anymore is yours to decide.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

So where should I be at with Kazuki, FF? Is he still taking up Vern's time?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you want him to speak with Vern? Kazuki was last seen leaving Vern's office, he could be anywhere by now. It is your call.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not really convinced that conversation is still relevant, so I'll pass on that. This does make him free to be somewhere else, though.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Man, the Sin Rostro better be enjoying existence while it lasts. When word gets back of what they pulled with, not just a Shinigami, not even just a member of the Combat Division, but specifically of Masaru's old Squad/command (Guerilla Squad)?
    Yeah, they gonna die.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, Senshi's plan right now is to try to play along, be a model prisoner, etc. He's then planning to try and break out, then come back with some friends. Lots of them.

Closest thing I had to an evil grin smiley.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like this part. This is the interesting part. Nuala wants Petrov-Yi alive, but it looks like everyone else wants him dead.

Join Nonessentia, Stranger! We'll protect you. Or try.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Well of course. Nuala has an inkling of who Petrov-Yi was, but not a whole lot of what he's done. While Senshi and Masaru have some inkling of what he's done, but not a whole lot of who he was.

It's no surprise if what they think of him, or of how to deal with him, would be radically different.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Of course, to Nuala, what he's done is irrelevant beside what he can do and how he can be used. If she knew, she might be mildly impressed, though. Maybe.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "Spiritual Arts Academy. Or maybe I'm paraphrasing a Tom Cruise movie based on a cheap thriller novel. Who knows, it's not really relevant to you answering the question."
    Well it kind of does but when does truth matter to these wackos?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

If I was holding a box behind me back, and someone asked me "is the box green or blue?", it might satisfy my curiosity somewhat to know where they got the idea that it could be green or blue, but such knowledge would still be absolutely unnecessary to me answering the question, nor would it have any relevance to what a truthful answer to the original question is.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

WAIT. Wait wait. Hold. The. Phone.

If Koutarou is hospitalized at the moment, who's the Acting Captain-Commander?

15. - Top - End - #135

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ammutseba View Post

I'm not fully sure... but maybe Kazuki?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ammutseba View Post

Nope, the answer is still Koutarou.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

It probably would'be been Kazuki, if Koutarou had stayed hospitalized for longer. But he seems to be pretty fine now.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ahh, thank goodness. The last thing we all need is a mob boss in charge of the Shinigami.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Righto, with the holiday coming up, I'll be unavailable for posting between tomorrow and next Thursday. Might be able to manage a couple brief OOC posts but not more than that.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

It's too bad Narsica has sworn unilateral vengeance against the people who specialize in her condition. This would be the point where they kindly and unhelpfully reassure her that it's probably nothing that complicated, that she should just relax and take her meds.

It will be hilarious if Senshi and Narsica meet.

21. - Top - End - #141

NecromancerGuy

I have plans...

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry again. Got good news, bad news. If I'm still relevant in any way anymore?

Good news: I finally got my life in order, with a real job, emotional stability, and the ability to keep my online desire to get back into enjoying RPs.

Bad news: I'm going to be without any internet service, at all, from the tenth, until February.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

23. - Top - End - #143

NecromancerGuy

New character, and his name doesn't start with Se this time:

Spoiler: Yama
    Show

Name: Calls himself Yama.
    Height: 8'7"
    Weight: 450 pounds or so.
    Station: Unaligned... so far.
    Speech/Reiatsu: #999933.
    Species: Vasto Lorde-level Arrancar.
    Aspect of Death: Savagery.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Yama is a very tall Arrancar, with muscles stacked on muscles. His jaw is square, and his eyes are small and beady. His Hollow Hole goes through his face, just below his left eye. His mask fragment takes the form of a small, rhino-like horn. His eyes are blue, and he has no hair. His Reiatsu feels, appropriately, like lifting a mountain on your back.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Yama is, in general, friendly and cheerful. He isn't any sort of philosopher, due to his being too stupid to understand such concepts. However, Yama can be extraordinarily savage when roused to anger. This is the guy who inspired legends of Surtr and other wrathful giants, after all.

Spoiler: History
    Show
    Yama was a horror in ancient times, a savage monster that haunted bedtime stories before bedtime stories even existed. In the early days of the Shinigami, they made it a high-priority goal to track him down and destroy him. The fight was long and terrible, but one of the Shinigami used a Bakudo spell designed to destroy him through his mask. However, Yama killed him before the spell took full effect. However, the spell still had several nasty effects on him. The first of these was severe damage to his psyche, rendering him stupid and with a completely different personality. The second effect was the slow and torturous melting of his mask, gradually weakening him.

Yama spent the next 10,00 years or so wandering around what would be Northern Africa and Europe. At this time, the myths of trolls and ogres sprung up around him, inspired by his rage at being attacked. Throughout this whole time, his mask was slowly melting off, unable to regrow. Finally, enraged at this constant pain, Yama decided to rip off what was left of it, darn the consequences. The consequences were actually quite good, transforming him into an Arrancar, and ridding him of his eternal pain.

These days, Yama wanders Hueco Mundo, building things out of rock, then smashing them just for fun. It's only a matter of time until he finds Las Noches, or they find him.

Spoiler: Story So Far
    Show
    N/A.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show

General Physical Ability:Yama's strength and endurance are truly incredible, even for the Vasto Lorde-level Arrancar that he is. His speed, however, is lacklustre.

Intelligence: Or, rather, lack of it. Yama is very stupid. Very, very stupid.

Cero and Bala: Yama's Cero and Bala are greenish-yellow, and very powerful. However, they take noticeably longer to charge than most other Ceros. He also uses a variant of Cero called Cero Puņo. This infuses the Cero into his fist, which then detonates when he hits something with that fist, considerably augmenting the attack's power.

Hierro: Average for a Vasto Lorde-level Arrancar.

Garganta, Pesquisa, Negación: Nothing special.

Sonido: Pretty bad.

Regeneration: Fairly fast. Superficial injuries should close in around 10 seconds, with even severed limbs growing back in around a week.

Hierro: Nothing special for his level of power, but good enough to keep most enemies off his back.

Spoiler: Zanpakuto
    Show

Zanpakuto: Trituradora.
    Description: A massive double-headed weapon.On side is an axe head, the other a hammer.

Resurreccion... kinda: Destroy, Tritudora!
    Description: Yama simultaneously becomes taller and more hunched. Tritudora becomes a series of metal plates and wires, randomly covering and threading through him.
    Powers: Yama's Hierro is notably increased in the random areas covered by metal plating. In addition, he can absorb energy-based attacks directed at or near him, using it to temporarily augment his own abilities. However, if the attack is too powerful, it may "overload" him, causing a massive explosion.

Segunda Etapa...kinda: Divisor De Islas
    Description: Yama grows smaller, only about the size of a slightly taller-than-average human. In his hand, a broadsword appears, and black amor covers the rest of him, except his face. Yama's old personality takes over, a cunning, ruthless, and utterly evil conqueror. Yama isn't even aware he as this power, and will only use it instinctively, when his life is in extreme danger.
    Powers: Yama radiates a burning heat in this form, and all his physical attributes are noticeably enhanced, especially Hierro. He retains his absorption power. However, his greatest power in this form is the power to increase or decrease his size, with proportional strength and toughness. He could theoretically become big enough to make Godzilla cry his heart out, or small enough to walk around in people's blood vessels. Yes, he's Antman on steroids.

Resurrecion represents him during the melting-mask phase, and Segunda Etapa represents him before that. It's theoretically possible for him to achieve true Segunda Etapa, but this is unlikely to ever happen.
    Last edited by King539; 2016-12-30 at 09:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cardrian View Post
    Sorry again. Got good news, bad news. If I'm still relevant in any way anymore?

Good news: I finally got my life in order, with a real job, emotional stability, and the ability to keep my online desire to get back into enjoying RPs.

Bad news: I'm going to be without any internet service, at all, from the tenth, until February.
    Just get back to the game when you can. You're not under pressure.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Back. I'll try to get a response for you up soon, Dorizzit.

Not sure what to do with any other plots I'm in, though.

26. - Top - End - #146

NecromancerGuy

What's going on in the Soul Society right now? I keep hearing about time travel, and something happening to the Rukon, etc. but what's going on and what's the story behind it?

Also, any feedback on Yama, or should I repost him to the Character Registry?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

The "time travel" bit only means Soul Society is back in the spiritual world and has to be reached by Senkaimon (as opposed to flying there, or using Garganta etc.)

As for Rukon, half of it, specifically the outermost 20 rings, were dropped to Earth by Von Geister and his cult. They're floating above Eastern Russia because no-one has recovered them yet.

As a result, remaining Rukon has an immigration problem, because it now has to fit all the residents of the outer districts.

As for other things, not much is happening. More like everyone is recovering from what just happened, including a falling out between Gotei and the Royal Guard, assassination of the Central 46, moving Soul Society to a new location etc. Jehoel Yurius visiting the city and Kobayashi Momoka claiming noble inheritance are the biggest things happening, I think.

---

As for Yama, the character is fine, but does he have to be that old? This is mostly just me being weary of "super old character who totally inspired myths about X". Gotei is only 1500 years old and Shinoreijutsuin is 2500 years old.

---

EDIT: oh yeah, and before I forget... Anyone can play background characters. So, for example, Lord Raziere could play whatever Shinigami is assigned to Rome, or you could do it yourself. You don't need to wait or rely on me to do that.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-01-03 at 05:40 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148

NecromancerGuy

Hmm... I'll repost and edit Yama.

@KD, if you want something to do, Turiel, as the highest-ranking Espada currently in Las Noches, may want to respond to the sudden appearance of a very powerful Arrancar outside Las Noches (Yama).

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, apologies to everyone involved in anything I was running. Just had kind of a period of languor with regards to this.

Not sure if I'm over it yet but I'll try.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

Quick guys, bring the cheerleaders!

Now, I'm afraid I do have some bad news to impart.

The game has been in a bit of a rut for a while now, and quite frankly, if it drags any longer we face the risk of never finishing it.

As such, I'm afraid we will need to impose a few rules as of now.

1) No new characters. I'm sorry, but there quite simply isn't enough narrative space for the ones we do have already. Minor characters, throwaway NPCs and villains are fine, but we simply don't have the space for everyone to develop a whole new series of relationships and ways to enter the plot. As is, I will be relegating some of my own characters to minor or supporting roles, something I've been doing for a while - but now it's official.

2) No new long/overarching story arcs besides the ones already in motion and the Royal Guard, which already has characters set for it. This means we will actively pursue the current ongoing storylines to bring them to a satisfying conclusion. Minor side episodes are fine, just don't suddenly find a long lost cousin of Von Geister's leading an army of Bount or something. (Ammutseba: I'm afraid we will need to do some of the growing of Nonessentia behind the scenes or off-screen.)

3) I believe we can successfully conclude the game by the end of August or the end of this year. We will try to make this something of a deadline. I understand RL happens, so we may be delayed, but by setting an actual limit we might find ourselves pressed to post more often.

That is all.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show