New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] OOCVII: Kidnapping aunts for fun & profit

The former I can see, the latter, not so much. But I was mostly poking fun at how when someone owns the party book, wears the party uniform and has taken military action under the party banner, they're usually no longer "wannabes", just "bes".
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-04-13 at 01:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

Eh. Potato, genetically modified potahto.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Margrave and Torahiko have met before at Shen-Yi's castle, though Margrave was in his bodysuit then and didn't say much.

Also, gotta love how nervous the cross makes Chuck.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Margrave and Torahiko have met before at Shen-Yi's castle, though Margrave was in his bodysuit then and didn't say much.

Also, gotta love how nervous the cross makes Chuck.
    Yeah, but Momoko doesn't know that. And Torahiko probably didn't know it was a bodysuit.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

That's why I pointed it out; it's not a given Torahiko would recognize Margrave, despite them having met.

Margrave shouldn't have trouble recognizing Torahiko, though.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe. I mean, things were pretty hectic at the time.

By the by, Dorizzit, strawbs, Tobioka is on standby anytime you guys want to get on with treating Katsuo.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

I'm purely reactionary at this point, so it might save time to do a minor fast-forward to a meet-up outside the shrine, wherever that would be.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "You know, I'm actually surprised that you guys don't have more ayakashi in Australia. One of the most common form of ayakashi is a spiritually evolved animal of one kind or another...
    Possible explanations:

1) the animals turned into Hollows instead and were destroyed by Andersons. (As per Anderson backstory.)
    2) Andersons mistook animals-turned-ayakashi for Hollows and destroyed them. (Possible given Anderson backstory.)

Either way, Chuck loudly disavowed the concept of equality between animals and humans early in the game. If he still holds the same beliefs, this whole concept of "spiritually evolved animals" has the potential to get super awkward.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Possible explanations:

1) the animals turned into Hollows instead and were destroyed by Andersons. (As per Anderson backstory.)
    2) Andersons mistook animals-turned-ayakashi for Hollows and destroyed them. (Possible given Anderson backstory.)

Either way, Chuck loudly disavowed the concept of equality between animals and humans early in the game. If he still holds the same beliefs, this whole concept of "spiritually evolved animals" has the potential to get super awkward.
    Thanks for speaking for me and my character!
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

Possible explanations:

Possible third explanation: the Ayakashi were smart enough to stay the **** away from the people with magic rifles. Which Shinji posited already.

Honestly, the whole ayakashi ecosystem is something that's left as working on its own on purpose. It's so people who don't want to or have no reason to interact with them can choose not to. Shinji only brought it up because it concerns his main line of spiritual work.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sorry for the posting delays. Low motivation for any of the threads these days to be honest, and the multi-day forum outage didn't help.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

It happens, man.

If there's anything I can do to make the ones I'm involved in more interesting, let me know.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It happens, man.

If there's anything I can do to make the ones I'm involved in more interesting, let me know.
    *Shrugs* I think my motivation is just waning in general...I feel like we're just kind of going through the motions right now? It seems like a lot of us are fast losing most of our investment. I think trying to speed things up some might help, but even then I'm not 100% sure....
    I'll try to reply where I need to in the next couple of days but we'll see how it goes.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm waiting for King539.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

Yes, well, we went from "TOO MANY THINGS HAPPENING AT ONCE" to "very little if anything is happening", so that change of pace can definitely disrupt motivation. We ought to speed up so we can get back to cool stuff happening again.

I think it would be good if we started off the Royal Guard plotline as soon as the Masaru/Hasunaga duel is finished.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yes, well, we went from "TOO MANY THINGS HAPPENING AT ONCE" to "very little if anything is happening", so that change of pace can definitely disrupt motivation. We ought to speed up so we can get back to cool stuff happening again.

I think it would be good if we started off the Royal Guard plotline as soon as the Masaru/Hasunaga duel is finished.
    We'll just have to see what we can manage.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

On that note, Dorizzit, is it all right if we say that the senkaimon have stopped working now? That seems like a good enough way to cut this duel off, and get things moving.

Also I'd say we should also skip ahead as necessary for the crisis with Katsuo. Whether it be a call via Reiphone or whatever.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground

Certainly. Rin did, technically, pull the plug on the network before the meeting.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm good with fast-forwarding things with various people. Just need pointed in the right direction for my various characters and I'll do what I can.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Dorizzit, I think you're up.

...Please let Jehoel be standing where he was. I want Masaru to get at least a little bit of humor out of this, and sarcastically pointing to Jehoel after she asks where he is would be perfect.

21. - Top - End - #261

I apologize. On it.

22. - Top - End - #262

I have elected to rework Rin's Bankai, as her current one is a bit underwhelming and insufficiently grandiose in appearance. I am presenting the rework here for balancing concerns.

Old
    Bankai: Heikō no Fuhen Shuyōna (Eternal Principle of Balance)
    Spoiler
    Show

When fully released, Heikō no Fuhen Shuyōna is condensed into a golden bladed fan. A massive set of golden scales appear in the air behind Rin's shoulders, beginning at a perfect balance.

While Heikō no Fuhen Shuyōna is activated, Rin is able to freely control the flow of gravity within the area around her by gesturing with her fan. While her fan is open, she can levitate or lighten the weight of gravity on her targets. While the fan is closed, Rin can alter the direction of gravity or increase its effect. As Rin uses the fan when it is open, the left side of the scales begin to lower. When she uses the closed fan, the right side lowers. When Rin has used the power of her Bankai enough for either scale to touch the ground, regardless of whether or not it has done so, she gains access to three new abilities.

Weightless Imbalance: Useable only when the left side of the scale is lower. Rin gains control over her own weight, allowing her to increase or decrease the effects of gravity on herself independent of her other effects in an area. Rin also becomes invulnerable to self-inflicted impacts. The level of control Rin receives varies depending on how low the scale is. At maximum power, she can make herself weightless or several tons at will.
    Heavy Imbalance: Useable only when the right side of the scale is lower. Rin designates a target, around which an extraordinarily powerful column of gravity forms. The energy of this attack is increased the greater the imbalance of the scales are; at maximum strength, the gravity can crush rocks into powder and open yawning chasms in the ground.
    Principle Collapse: This ability can only be used when Rin's scales are at a perfect balance. Both the fan and scales of Rin's Bankai evaporate into golden light, which concentrates around her hands. For the next minute, anything that Rin touches with her hands disintegrates into dust as the forces holding it together momentarily dissolve. Constructions of spiritual energy are just as vulnerable as physical objects. The effect spreads outwards from Rin's point of contact, meaning that severing the affected location before it can spread can preserve parts of an affected object.

New
    Bankai: Banzen no Fuhen Shuyōna (Eternal Principle of Perfection)
    Spoiler
    Show

When Rin activates her Bankai, both gloves of her Shikai dissolve and flow into a matching pair of golden, bladed fans. Simultaneously, her clothes become replaced with a shining golden robe of comparable design but increased ornateness compared to her Shinigami uniform. Finally, the next time Rin is in contact with solid ground or a sufficiently large surface of uniform construction, the true form of her Bankai manifests; an enormous lóng dragon made out of the medium used to summon it. This external shell quickly cracks and flakes away to reveal that the dragon, as well, is golden in coloration. Rin's Bankai removes access to all of her Shikai's abilities, but provides access to three new ones, beyond simply having a large, angry dragon to fight with her.

Breath of the Demon's Fury: Any energy-based Kidō that Rin hits her Bankai with can be absorbed, stored, and then amplified ten-fold in power and released from the dragon's mouth. While this is usually done directly to the dragon, smaller Kidōs can be absorbed by Rin's fans instead, although this halves the power of the amplification effect. Kidō from other Shinigami cannot be absorbed by this effect under any circumstances. Kidō redirected by this effect can be reshaped, as long as the total output of energy remains the same, or launched in a way that is identical but larger.
    Breath of the Divine Wind: Even without input from Rin, Banzen no Fuhen Shuyōna is capable of launching powerful, controlled gusts of wind from its mouth. These releases of wind can range in power from gentle gusts to gale-force blasts, and can quickly cover large areas of terrain.
    Imposition of the Divine Will: The true power of Rin's Bankai. Any inorganic, dead, or other wise fully inanimate object touched by Breath of the Divine Wind falls under Rin's mental control. She can accelerate, decelerate, alter directions, and otherwise exert full control over any such objects for as long as her Bankai remains active. The sole limitation on this effect is that Rin cannot create motion with this ability; no object will move unless it is already moving, and once it has come to a stop it once again temporarily falls out of Rin's control.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2017-06-08 at 08:23 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I would be a hypocrite to not approve of DRAGON.

I think it's a fitting powerset. And you've hard-coded limits into it; she can't just flick a finger and disintegrate a city. Though with GIANT GOLDEN DRAGON, she could, presumably, use the Wind, then have the Dragon tear up and toss chunks of rock, which she then accelerates or whatnot?

I almost want her and Masaru to be the ones to duel, now, despite earlier discussions of having him and strawbs's RG fight.

24. - Top - End - #264

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I would be a hypocrite to not approve of DRAGON.

I think it's a fitting powerset. And you've hard-coded limits into it; she can't just flick a finger and disintegrate a city. Though with GIANT GOLDEN DRAGON, she could, presumably, use the Wind, then have the Dragon tear up and toss chunks of rock, which she then accelerates or whatnot?
    Exactly. Large scale Kido, the dragon itself, or even just high powered winds themselves can all create large areas of destruction that immediately transition into large projectile barrages at minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I almost want her and Masaru to be the ones to duel, now, despite earlier discussions of having him and strawbs's RG fight.
    The duality between the Bankais is interesting. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how good the fight would be other than that, since the two have fighting styles that don't interact very interestingly.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Wasn't the point of Frozen's shenanigans to make it so the Royal Guard couldn't mess with Seireitei and they could have some breathing room?

This is kind of getting to the point of risking being majorly disruptive to Katsuo's plot, which is something I have to admit I'm much more invested in. The whole point to the backwards-in-time move was supposed to be to throw the Royal Guard off, as the only way to get there was a direct connection from the mortal world or Hueco Mundo. To actively block garganta in such a fashion Rin would have to have already located Seireitei which entirely defeats the narrative purpose and means we just complicated a whole ton of plots for basically nothing, which suffice to say I kind of have a problem with.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

To be fair, I do believe that this could be a system Rin had put in place beforehand. Meaning there's probably a backdoor to it somewhere and they don't necessarily have direct access to Soul Society.

While that means that the folks in Soul Society are trapped, sort of, it doesn't mean that the RG have the keys to the cage. The fundamental problem the Royal Guard now faces is that they probably expected to have a workaround the Senkaimon network, which SS's current location has potentially prevented.

TL;DR: Basically, to get to Soul Society, they still need to take the isolated Shinigami on Earth, and then open the Senkaimon network back up so that the soldier(s) can step through and they can follow.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

You could assume the Cleaner ate Jehoel's Garganta, and it would be perfectly in line with both my explanation and Rin having done something.

28. - Top - End - #268

This is, as Kuroimaken surmised, a system previously invented by Rin because she's bored and has large amounts of free time.

Additionally, the Garganta consumption is the last piece of the shut off. If you don't want to deal with it, feel free to have Chouko come up with a work-around of some type in your next post that re-rails the Garganta substitution plan. I will not be adding in any more contingencies or countermeasures.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

All right. Apologies for being a bit defensive.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi there. Here I am.

What have I missed?
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2017-06-15 at 10:14 PM.