New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Thread XXVII: Pokémon GO Recharge Your Phone!

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    Spoiler: One detail that deserves a mention
    Show
    Did anyone notice that there seems to be a special currency called Festival Coins? It appears on the trailer while changing clothes. I wonder if that means that we are losing pokes as the currency or if this special kind of currency can only be obtained in a certain way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most likely, they are trying to get away from just dumping cash on you (like they did in XY) so clothes take a different currency. Seriously XY gave you SO MUCH CASH and I'm 90% sure it was because the late-game clothes cost so much (plus the Mega Stones too).
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Did anyone notice that there seems to be a special currency called Festival Coins? It appears on the trailer while changing clothes. I wonder if that means that we are losing pokes as the currency or if this special kind of currency can only be obtained in a certain way.
    Spoiler: SuMo
    Show
    I did see those. I'm guessing it might be something we acquire from some kind of minigame, like the old Game Corner.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Spoiler: SuMo
    Show
    I did see those. I'm guessing it might be something we acquire from some kind of minigame, like the old Game Corner.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Won't be gambling though. EU regulations say anything with gambling is at minimum rated their equivalent for T for Teen. Game Freak wants to keep their child friendly rating worldwide.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Won't be gambling though. EU regulations say anything with gambling is at minimum rated their equivalent for T for Teen. Game Freak wants to keep their child friendly rating worldwide.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well yeah, that's why we had Voltorb Flip (A pox upon its very being!). It'll likely be something on the level of the Pokemon Amie minigames, no cost to play except time.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figure it's a special thing. The third or town/city you reach after you started off, perhaps the harbor town on the second island, will have a festival going on. There you can play some sort of (mini)games, preferably something with your pokémon, like the pokéatlon, to win these coins to buy outfits. Later places will hand them out as well. On the third island you get fly, so you always have a quick way back there.

Yes, that is way to specific for such a wild guess. Please just ignore everything after the first sentence.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2016-09-21 at 12:12 PM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

BW Oshawott is basically DP Piplup X2.

They do meet eventually and it's absolutely hilarious.

Free montage (spoilers possible): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gadANUoDJy8
    Spoiler: things in which I used to be involved before i was claimed by the great pestilence of exams
    Show
    The One Sane Drow (Vergil: Drow Sorcerer 5, CN)
    The Uprise (IC/OOC) (Ker'anson: Drow Arcane Spellcaster 4, NE)

Running Total Of Things I've Critically Hit That Jormengand Didn't Want Me To Critically Hit: 3

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm offering a mega-capable Rayquaza holding your choice of Life Orb or King's Rock in exchange for anything holding a Starf berry.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    While most people think about Z-Move Eevee competitively I am trying to come up with elements and philosophical values for each Eeveeolution.

Jolteon: Instinct
    Flareon: Valor
    Vaporeon: Mystic
    Umbreon: Romance
    Espeon: Thought
    Leafeon: Nature
    Glaceon: Uh, cold?
    Sylveon: Love
    Spoiler: More of a joke response than a spoiler
    Show
    Me thinks loyalty, honesty, generosity, laugher, kindness, and magic should be in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I'm offering a mega-capable Rayquaza holding your choice of Life Orb or King's Rock in exchange for anything holding a Starf berry.
    All of mine are ill-gotten, so if you just want to get rid of a much lesser pokemon and have no personal concern on the matter, I could get you one.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2016-09-21 at 11:54 PM.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    All of mine are ill-gotten, so if you just want to get rid of a much lesser pokemon and have no personal concern on the matter, I could get you one.
    ...How many starf berries did you hack in, and why didn't you just do one and plant it?

Also, since when is Rayquaza lesser‽
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2016-09-22 at 12:30 AM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

^ Try reading that again, chief.

Made it through the first gym, caught a Purrloin to add to the team. Will give a real update when I'm not about to fall asleep.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

...How many starf berries did you hack in, and why didn't you just do one and plant it?
    They're still all ill-gotten that way, aren't they?

Also, since when is Rayquaza lesser‽
    As Ridley points out, Oracle's offering you a free berry if you just trade them a caterpie.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2016-09-22 at 03:02 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, wow. Thanks!

I registered your code, Oracle, and am now waiting for you to come online.

Thank you once again for providing the final part of my combo.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm pretty sure I have all of the available berries in X, but I'd have to double-check.
    Jude P.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    They're still all ill-gotten that way, aren't they?
    I wouldn't call it that. If you acquired the berry from through legal means and made use of the in-game berry field to grow more it's all fair in my opinion.

Quick question: Anyone got a Brave Syncronizer Abra/Ralts they would be willing to trade? Don't need any special IVs/etc, just the Syncronize ability and Nature required. Can offer any of the pokébred 'mons from my signature link in return. ↓
    Last edited by Kuroten; 2016-09-22 at 06:29 PM.
    “A world where you can surrender yourself to sleep on a giant ball of fur is a world where you wouldn’t be able to get any work done. A perfect world.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Info
    Show

FC: 2809 8617 8608
    IGN: Raijin [X] & Akemi [Y] & Gardenia [ΩR]
    Safari: Water|Safari 'Mons: Panpour, Floatzel, Frogadier
    Trades - Go here for viewing a list of the pokemon I have available for trade.

Avatar featuring my poké-trainer, Raijin, drawn by Sajiri. ^_^

15. - Top - End - #285
    Colossus in the Playground

Evolved a 93% Magikarp.

Twister.

Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

16. - Top - End - #286
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Evolved a 93% Magikarp.

Twister.

Again.
    Oh man, that sucks.
    Jude P.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroten View Post
    I wouldn't call it that. If you acquired the berry from through legal means and made use of the in-game berry field to grow more it's all fair in my opinion.
    In this case, I "earned" the initial berry through the Battle Maison, using the aforementioned Ninjask, Shedinja, and Mega Heracross. While there's no way to identify the berries I've grown off of that initial one as illegitimately earned, just the fact that cheats were blatantly used to obtain the original is enough for people of other opinions to consider them so. And, like, I want to respect people who have that kind of stance on cheating/exploiting/manipulating things and allow such people to play the game the way they want to, so if there's a chance the thing I have to trade was somehow connected to one of those things, I'm gonna be upfront about it.

Now, my Type Gem collection? That's irrefutably nonlegal.

Oh, wow. Thanks!

I registered your code, Oracle, and am now waiting for you to come online.

Thank you once again for providing the final part of my combo.
    I'll plug in my 3DS and idle in online, should be awake for a good long while, so just send a trade request my way.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So, I'm working on building a (kind-of) competitive team (I'm using Smogon's OU tier, for reference). However, I'm not sure what to use for the last two slots on the team.

Spoiler: Current Team members
    Show
    Azurill (Assault Vest, Adamant, Huge Power, 31/31/31/x/31/31, 240 HP/252 Atk/16 SpD, Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Play Rough, Superpower)
    Talonflame (Adamant, Gale Wings, 31/31/31/x/31/31, 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe, Acrobatics, Roost, Sword Dance, Will-o-wisp)
    Mega Venasaur (Venasaurite, Modest, Chlorophyl, ???*, 232 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD/20 Spe, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Synthesis, Hidden Power (Fire))
    Garchomp (Rocky Helmet, Impish, Rough Skin, 31/31/31/x/31/31, 240 HP/176 Def/92 Spe, Stealth Rock, Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Fire Blast)**

* I haven't bred/traded for this guy yet, so he's probably the easiest of these three to switch out, but I just like Venusaur
    **Currently, I'm actually using a Choice Specs Goodra, but Garchomp's strong physical defense feels like it fills the team better, and I don't want two dragons.

Looking at what I have so far, I don't have a good counter to psychic types, and steel wouldn't be much better. Stealth Rock also shuts down talonflame hard, so a Rapid Spinner is probably needed. A support pokemon of some kind to keep Garchomp and Azumarill on their feet might also be a good idea.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Squark; 2016-09-22 at 05:55 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll plug in my 3DS and idle in online, should be awake for a good long while, so just send a trade request my way.
    'Kay.

Thanks again.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

In this case, I "earned" the initial berry through the Battle Maison, using the aforementioned Ninjask, Shedinja, and Mega Heracross. While there's no way to identify the berries I've grown off of that initial one as illegitimately earned, just the fact that cheats were blatantly used to obtain the original is enough for people of other opinions to consider them so. And, like, I want to respect people who have that kind of stance on cheating/exploiting/manipulating things and allow such people to play the game the way they want to, so if there's a chance the thing I have to trade was somehow connected to one of those things, I'm gonna be upfront about it.

Now, my Type Gem collection? That's irrefutably nonlegal.
    I didn't think you had used hacks to get your berry. I just felt the word "ill-gotten" had been used loosely here and so made a comment. It is easy enough to fight your way through the maison and obtain a starf berry* and, in my opinion, completely fair to use the berry farm from X/Y to produce more─after all, it is why it were put in the game in the first place!
    * Just takes a bit of time...

I am not sure why people would want to jump through hoops and rings to hack stuff into their game, but each their own business...

Personally, I much prefer the challenge of gathering all the items and such on my own. It is more fun that way.
    “A world where you can surrender yourself to sleep on a giant ball of fur is a world where you wouldn’t be able to get any work done. A perfect world.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Info
    Show

FC: 2809 8617 8608
    IGN: Raijin [X] & Akemi [Y] & Gardenia [ΩR]
    Safari: Water|Safari 'Mons: Panpour, Floatzel, Frogadier
    Trades - Go here for viewing a list of the pokemon I have available for trade.

Avatar featuring my poké-trainer, Raijin, drawn by Sajiri. ^_^

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, but, I mean, the fighting I did in the Battle Maison was entirely with pokemon with abilities and moves that you can't get in game outside of hacking.
    ---

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. so after all that build-up, Team Rocket's climactic BW episodes only exist in the form on an online summary.

Fantastic.

Oh well, at least they're back to "normal." Could still stand for them not to be in every episode, though, but I guess we'll see.

Edit: As an afterthought (because he's really not worth more than that), can Trip please be hit by a bus? Because he's not fit to lick Paul's or Gary's boots. He suuuucks as a character and a rival. His entire characterisation comes down "smug bigot."

Edit edit: On the other hand, I now cannot work out whether Emolga or Snivy is the absolute best! Say what you like about the rest of the series, the Pokémon characterisation is brilliant.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-09-23 at 07:07 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

The third episode of Pokemon Generations was meh.

I wonder if the next episode will just focus battle between Red and Blue, or move on to another subject.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Man, the pokebank has spoiled me. I started turning old games into nuzlocke runs.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltstarfire View Post

I wonder if the next episode will just focus battle between Red and Blue, or move on to another subject.
    Yeah. I'm not really feeling any of these. Maybe it's because it's manga adaption (and as noted, I'm a big Ash fan to boot) but... I'm not invested in any of these characters.

Has anybody done any breeding with Snivy and have any spares? After seeing Ash's snivy, I feel obligated to actually make a proper go of using one (it's the only starter I really couldn't bring myself to use out of all he generations because it's stats were so rubbish), which is going to require a load of breeding. I've got a Contrary Serperior from the give aways (male), but of course the IVs are nothing special. I'm aiming to breed up a Contrary female with Glare (amybe even Leaf Storm is I can wangle it)... At some point for IVs I can maybe bring one of my Bulbasaurs in, but if anyone happens so have anything that would help expeditite matters at any stage of this, I'd appreicate it!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

I did like the team rocket one for what it was.

Fingers crossed that the next short is going to be a decent battle. I don't care about the characters, I just want to see a well animated pokemon battle.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltstarfire View Post

Considering that this episode was basically how Blue got to the Elite Four before Red.....without actually SHOWING all the important battles......doubt they will go for another battle there.

shortness like this is why I never liked Pokemon Origins all that much despite its attempt at higher quality. It would be awesome if only they actually had time to show this right, but you can't when you only have four episodes or in this four minutes, you need time for the fights, you need time for the character development, the interplay, the details. thats why I'd rather watch the normal anime because at least you seeing how it all happens going back and forth.

speaking of which, I'm still haven't gotten around to watching Hoenn. anyone have any tips to help me watch through Hoenn so that I can get to the later regions? I watched all of Kanto and Johto, but I haven't gotten around to continuing Hoenn.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    speaking of which, I'm still haven't gotten around to watching Hoenn. anyone have any tips to help me watch through Hoenn so that I can get to the later regions? I watched all of Kanto and Johto, but I haven't gotten around to continuing Hoenn.
    Hoenn is better than Johto in that (Master Quest aside), it just doesn't back on with filler so much. I think the way I've been watching stuff - basically just binging like billio - is probably the best way to do it. (Reading Pokemopolis' hilarious recaps afterwards is optional, though after a while, you start to snicker more often at inoccuous comments...)

The big punch is the break between Advanced Battle and Battle Frontier. Even having watched DP and thus become now used to the voice cast change, the first three or four episodes - the first one especially - is rather jarring and painful, since it's clear the voice actors haven't found their groove yet. Those in particular, you just have to grit your teeth and sit through.

BW, actually watched sequentially is... Actually nowhere near as bad as I'd thought. I'm actually warming to Iris and Cilan and the Pokémon are awesome, though the larger number (I don't think Ash has caught this many since the first season and that's counting all the Tauros) mean that the "family" feel of DP isn't quite as prevalent.

Maybe it'll dip down later on, but it's actually pretty good - if not quite to DP's high standard.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

I just managed to take three gyms and have them still Valor by the time I got my defender bonus.

All I had to defend with were some 800ish mons, but I guess nobody else is up at 6am playing Pokemon Go on a Sunday
    Spoiler: things in which I used to be involved before i was claimed by the great pestilence of exams
    Show
    The One Sane Drow (Vergil: Drow Sorcerer 5, CN)
    The Uprise (IC/OOC) (Ker'anson: Drow Arcane Spellcaster 4, NE)

Running Total Of Things I've Critically Hit That Jormengand Didn't Want Me To Critically Hit: 3

30. - Top - End - #300
    Colossus in the Playground

I found a shiny gloom in my Alpha sapphire locke. I think that's like my fourth of that family

I'm a shiny oddish collecting god!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.