New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

The Burning Legion is coming and only you* can save us!

*you and literally all other 12 million WoW players.

Relevant and Useful links:
    Battle Net --official site
    MMO Champion --news site
    Blizzard Watch --more news
    WoWpedia --encylopedia of the Warcraft Universe
    Wowhead --search engine for pretty much anything in the game. Items, quests, achievements, enemies, everything.

Spoiler: Battletags and Servers!
    Show

Ozryk#11320 (Feathermoon/Scarlet Crusade)

Prior Thread

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

It's time for that new post smell!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo164 View Post
    My Affliction lock pulled 490k on the stairway full of bats in BRH, thanks to the Artifact talent that makes enemies explode on death :P (the rest of the instance had me much lower, of course)
    Yeah, Affliction was always my favorite Warlock spec, if I ever decide to main a 'lock, that's the way I'd go. It seems to me that Affliction is the real Warlock, and everyone else is trying to immitate another class.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

It's pretty cool that your relics will shift to suit your currently active Artifact. I was about to vendor one away, before realising I could instead plug it into my off-Artifact.

And now that I'm 110 there seems to be another difficulty bump. God help me if the enemies scale by IL too.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Spamalot in the Playground

Argh, I need to hurry and get to 110 so I can play Diablo. I've just been so sleepy after work...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    It's time for that new post smell!

Yeah, Affliction was always my favorite Warlock spec, if I ever decide to main a 'lock, that's the way I'd go. It seems to me that Affliction is the real Warlock, and everyone else is trying to immitate another class.
    I can maybe see that for Destro, but Demo? They seem pretty unique to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kind of miffed that when I tried to queue up a random dungeon the waiting time was between 30 and 40 minutes. I'm guessing everyone's moved on to Heroics by now, but dang.

When I first got into Legion I randomly queued up for Normal Eye of Azsuna and it popped almost instantly.

I guess I'll just have to work my IL and join everyone in Heroics. Heroic dungeons should count towards the storyline quests right?
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I can maybe see that for Destro, but Demo? They seem pretty unique to me.
    Demo =~ Low Rent hunter in my mind. Which is not to say I can't appreciate the niche it occupies in both the lore and in the class design, it's just that when I've messed with Demo on my Warlock, I've had this 'why am I not playing my hunter' feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Kind of miffed that when I tried to queue up a random dungeon the waiting time was between 30 and 40 minutes. I'm guessing everyone's moved on to Heroics by now, but dang.

When I first got into Legion I randomly queued up for Normal Eye of Azsuna and it popped almost instantly.

I guess I'll just have to work my IL and join everyone in Heroics. Heroic dungeons should count towards the storyline quests right?
    Are you queueing as DPS or support?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Dinged 110 last night... at 1AM

Because I make poor life choices

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Completed the Class Hall Campaign today and slotted my third relic, also got a titanforged relic yesterday, so now I am packing an item level 865 Ebonchill, it almost compensates the fact that I am still getting used to how much more hectic Frost is now (and also the fact that my spec is apparently undertuned).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Since I trust this forum's opinions more than most, I want to ask you all:

Does this expansion have less of the crushing existential loneliness that marked WoD? If the answer is yes, what's in the most fun place right now, Frost(DK), Feral, or Elemental?
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2016-09-08 at 04:25 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Since I trust this forum's opinions more than most, I want to ask you all:

Does this expansion have less of the crushing existential loneliness that marked WoD? If the answer is yes, what's in the most fun place right now, Frost(DK), Feral, or Elemental?
    Well, it's no longer "sit in your garrison doing busy stuff until the queue pops", so that's something. Order Halls means even when you're doing the busywork you're surrounded by people of your own class, and Dalaran being the main city again means you'll see lots of people even if you don't interact with them.

World Quests play a big part, though. Since you're being sent out all over the world and so are other people, you'll be out and about and bumping into people, which is a nice change of pace.

I feel that you're only as lonely as you make yourself in WoW. You can ignore everyone else and treat LFG groups as fodder to ignore until the dungeon is over, or you can find groups for things and make it a social experience.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    I feel that you're only as lonely as you make yourself in WoW. You can ignore everyone else and treat LFG groups as fodder to ignore until the dungeon is over, or you can find groups for things and make it a social experience.
    What really turned me off queue groups in WoD was that they turned hostile. Super hostile. I was around for cata heroics, Pandaria rush groups, and "let's try and pub the mammoth boss achievement" and they had nothing compared to WoD, with any attempt at even being basically polite shouted down until you stop trying.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

World quests do seen to make people come together much more often.

Although, I must admit I spend very little time in my class hall and have never actually spoken with any of the other mages in there.

My dungeon groups thus far have ranged from the silent mob of efficient pugs to a couple of friendlier, more talkative folks.
    Last edited by Draken; 2016-09-08 at 04:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    World quests do seen to make people come together much more often.

Although, I must admit I spend very little time in my class hall and have never actually spoken with any of the other mages in there.
    Well I don't either, but I also don't talk to people in major cities that much if at all. It's just actually being around them instead of in your Garrison, making the world feel populated and not completely empty.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    Are you queueing as DPS or support?
    DPS unfortunately. I've already unlocked world quests and am partway through Suramar so maybe my gearing up options will get better. Or I could wait for the weekend and try my luck with guild mates. If it weren't for all the quests gated by dungeon runs I'd be totally fine with the situation tbh.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

DPS unfortunately. I've already unlocked world quests and am partway through Suramar so maybe my gearing up options will get better. Or I could wait for the weekend and try my luck with guild mates. If it weren't for all the quests gated by dungeon runs I'd be totally fine with the situation tbh.
    Get your butt into heroics. Playing non heroics on 110 is almost completely pointless.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Yes but at least I need to get into "the zone" to reliably play Balance. I have to not overcap on AP, I have to generate enough AP to always have most desirable abilities to be castable. I am a level into the Scythe of Elune and still struggle with the Moon mechanic. Which is the only thing inelegant about the spec. It feels slapped on. I would have loved for the weapon to copy generated AP (say 20% orso) and release it on a short cooldown in order to smoothen out the rotation a bit. Instead it can make the spikes....spikier and the wet noodle valleys lower...

I hope you at least know when to AE Sunfire a clump of enemies and then just build Astral Power to use more Starfall. Depending on how long the adds live this is more better. I like that part of Balance because you can easily control when your burst comes instead of having your damage spikes be dictacted by your class.

Fire Mage is pretty overtuned atm in my eyes anyway. The mechanics are fun but the numbers are absolutely bonkers (as is MM hunter). Ele Shaman has a good AoE capability but the spec suffers in every other regard.
    You can choose your burst with the others too, and I'd argue you have more control than Balance's moon-cycling and AP buildup gets you. If Sunfire and Moonfire gave AP (even a little, or maybe over time), I think that would help a lot - against a large group you could dot everything up after the pull and then Starfall immediately, then use LS as filler for the next one. Or if there were a way to spread your dots using Wrath and Lunar, even a cooldown one, so that you're not choosing between using your GCDs to dot everything or build AP when you really want to be doing both. Meanwhile Shamans get Maelstrom for sneezing and Fire Mages are just causing conflagrations of spreading Ignites, Living Bombs, and Phoenix. It's a lot more fun when you're able to contribute to AoE on a large pack before most things in it are dead or everyone has moved on to their big procs.

Preach's rankings do a better job of explaining it than I can, but I'm just meh about Balance this time around, and playing it during the Invasions didn't stoke my enthusiasm any.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Get your butt into heroics. Playing non heroics on 110 is almost completely pointless.
    If I had the item level I would, believe me. Wont be long now though.

Unrelated. If a quest requires me to queue for a Random Heroic Draenor dungeon, but that option doesn't appear (because I'm too high level?) does that mean the quest cannot be completed. I can hazard a guess, but just to be sure before I remove the quest from my log.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

You can choose your burst with the others too, and I'd argue you have more control than Balance's moon-cycling and AP buildup gets you. If Sunfire and Moonfire gave AP (even a little, or maybe over time), I think that would help a lot - against a large group you could dot everything up after the pull and then Starfall immediately, then use LS as filler for the next one. Or if there were a way to spread your dots using Wrath and Lunar, even a cooldown one, so that you're not choosing between using your GCDs to dot everything or build AP when you really want to be doing both. Meanwhile Shamans get Maelstrom for sneezing and Fire Mages are just causing conflagrations of spreading Ignites, Living Bombs, and Phoenix. It's a lot more fun when you're able to contribute to AoE on a large pack before most things in it are dead or everyone has moved on to their big procs.

Preach's rankings do a better job of explaining it than I can, but I'm just meh about Balance this time around, and playing it during the Invasions didn't stoke my enthusiasm any.
    Eeeh, I think Preach is a fine place to start, but he makes it pretty clear that those are just his opinions on the game. I actually rather like the Balance rotation, so ymmv.

19. - Top - End - #19

Eeeh, I think Preach is a fine place to start, but he makes it pretty clear that those are just his opinions on the game. I actually rather like the Balance rotation, so ymmv.
    I think the rotation is great when you're fighting things that don't die quickly. But when you are, the spec underperforms because you don't have time to layer on your offense and build resource before the burstier classes take things down, and coming in third never feels good.

If I'm in a fight where Starfall feels necessary, chances are decent right now that it will stop being necessary right before I can actually cast it, and the same goes double for Full Moon. And it's a shame because their magic is so beautiful to watch once they really get going.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

If I had the item level I would, believe me. Wont be long now though.

Unrelated. If a quest requires me to queue for a Random Heroic Draenor dungeon, but that option doesn't appear (because I'm too high level?) does that mean the quest cannot be completed. I can hazard a guess, but just to be sure before I remove the quest from my log.
    I imagine the quest is not to queue for the dungeon, but to complete it. So you would need to either form a group normally and walk into the dungeon by foot (or go in solo if you can, walking up the portal is the relevant part).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #21

You can also hang onto it until we're timewalking Draenor again. I've completed dungeon quests via timewalking. The rewards for those don't scale but you can still get some transmogs and gold this way.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I can't recall the exact wording off-hand, but it's the one where you get these weird coins along with your "1st Random(?) Heroic Draenor Dungeon of the Day" thing. And you hand them in to some dwarf in Ironforge.

I'll hang on for (possibly) Timewalking though, didn't think about that.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

So does anyone have suggestions on how to beat Leystalker Dro in the Withered Army Training scenario, as a mail-wearing DPS (Shaman, specifically). I only have a single stun, Lighting Surge totem, and trying to face-tank him directly just gets me ripped to shreds even at iLvl838.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

You can also hang onto it until we're timewalking Draenor again. I've completed dungeon quests via timewalking. The rewards for those don't scale but you can still get some transmogs and gold this way.
    You can see the timewalking schedule on the in game calendar and it looked to me like timewalking is only going up to cataclysm.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    You can see the timewalking schedule on the in game calendar and it looked to me like timewalking is only going up to cataclysm.
    Still, I have little doubt that Mists timewalking is going to be a thing - if not now then eventually.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I did manage to hit 110 right before leaving for a week of vacation.

I think I may just have squeezed through the ilevel gap that was locking me out of heroics. Is that where I get new relics now that I'm out of leveling quests? So far all I've gotten from world quests are three storm relics, which aren't useful for protection.

Regarding the Ulduar scenario, was it warriors dying as arms or in general? I made it through without incident but did it as prot.

However, I did die to about 20 murlocs outside the sea giant king's cave in southern Azsuna. There were like three healers and one of them was evade bugged up a tower, so shockwave didn't stop it from healing my intended victory rush proc just enough to kill me.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So does anyone have suggestions on how to beat Leystalker Dro in the Withered Army Training scenario, as a mail-wearing DPS (Shaman, specifically). I only have a single stun, Lighting Surge totem, and trying to face-tank him directly just gets me ripped to shreds even at iLvl838.
    Have fun with that guy. On a 836 Vengeance DH with 8 Withered, one of which was a beserker, he tore through all but one of the withered and if I hadn't been a tank he'd of had me too. I'm mostly biding my time until I collect more of the upgrade items, hoping it gets easier cause after Dro it gets bad.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

28. - Top - End - #28
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I've got a full complement of 20 Withered, 25 when I engaged him, but he slaughtered me before any of my minions could really hurt him. They're good DPS, but I didn't have the survivability, and I couldn't kite him in GW either.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I failed a mission that was required for my class order quest chain... will it come back up? Because that would really suck lol.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I failed a mission that was required for my class order quest chain... will it come back up? Because that would really suck lol.
    How did you manage that?
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.