New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Will there be ridiculous hoops to jump through for it?

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Will there be ridiculous hoops to jump through for it?
    Sorry, not a clue. I know this stuff's on the PTR but I try not to spoil too much for myself. Broken Isles Pathfinder Part 1 is the only requirement I'm certain of, assuming you haven't already cleared that.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

All I know is that you need to grind to Revered with the new Broken Shore faction. But the dev chat answers to questions were:

-It will probably take at least a few weeks to unlock flying.
    -You will need to wait for Week 2 for Assaults to start.
    -You will need to hit Revered with the new faction as well.
    -It probably won't take as long as it did to get flying in Warlords.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    I remember that one. Thank goodness it's account-wide.

The wow YouTube channel just dropped their Tomb of Sargeras trailer. 7.2 is supposed to be soon (the raid itself will apparently be in a later patch, if that matters to you), which brings with it...

Legion Flying. I mean, with two hearthstones, the flight master's whistle, goblin gliders and Suramar portals I never really felt lacking in overland movement but this'll surely help in places with annoying geography *glares at Highmountain*
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    All I know is that you need to grind to Revered with the new Broken Shore faction. But the dev chat answers to questions were:

-It will probably take at least a few weeks to unlock flying.
    -You will need to wait for Week 2 for Assaults to start.
    -You will need to hit Revered with the new faction as well.
    -It probably won't take as long as it did to get flying in Warlords.
    Well... I have something to put my time toward :P
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I haven't done any raid beyond LFR-ing Xavius for a quest, but I did sneak a peek at the Nighthold cinematic.

Spoiler: I like spoiler boxes
    Show
    After losing Tirion, Varian, and Vol'jin in such a crummy way during the first scenario it felt good to see Illidan disintegrate Gul'dan with the same fel energy and then crushing his skull (which survived intact? Lol).
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't done any raid beyond LFR-ing Xavius for a quest, but I did sneak a peek at the Nighthold cinematic.

Spoiler: I like spoiler boxes
    Show
    After losing Tirion, Varian, and Vol'jin in such a crummy way during the first scenario it felt good to see Illidan disintegrate Gul'dan with the same fel energy and then crushing his skull (which survived intact? Lol).
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, doing that provides a clear break between this Illidan and the pre-Burning Crusade history of Illidan. That being because the acquisition and use of the skull of the original Gul'dan was coincident with his crossing the moral event horizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    where is the atropal? and does it have a listed LA?

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to The Timeless Isle Tanaan Jungle The Broken Shore!

Spoiler
    Show
    So... what happened with that fleet of Legion ships? Did I miss something? Did they get blown up? We blow up the one in the scenario but shouldn't all the others be blowing the crap out of Dalaran?

Also, where the hell is Jaina?
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

*knows nothing about Tanaan Jungle or the Timeless Isle*

Spoiler: spoilery spoilers of spoilerdome
    Show
    Khadgar said he'd be taking care of them, so presumably he did. Or they retreated. Or they cloaked themselves to prepare for the Invasion events.

We've yet to hear anything from our resident dreadlord with an Arthas fetish.

What I want to know is what the hell the Soul Engine was, or did, what it powered, etc.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So far so good

Spoiler: justincase
    Show
    We get some crowd funded buildings going on, a new zone with new world quests, a new dungeon, and I got rank 3 leystone within my first few post-patch nodes.

The illidan soul fragment quest has been cut significantly. You now need 40 tokens and can get 20 per week. Opening more dungeons to the queue should help as well. Other than my ping going bad throughout the first few hours of my experience I have little to complain about.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

jaina is still off being a pissy lil bleep cause they let the horde into Dalaran
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

There really should be a way to mass-craft intermediate products like bars. Sitting through 300 repetitions of that *tink* sound effect is not engaging gameplay.

12. - Top - End - #1062

There really should be a way to mass-craft intermediate products like bars. Sitting through 300 repetitions of that *tink* sound effect is not engaging gameplay.
    You used to have to push the button each time
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

whiney lil whippersnappers
    why back in my day in EQ you had to put the ingredients into some container or other and hit combine(and even then it didn't always work)..imagine doing that for a recipe with 6-7 ingredients multiple times
    -------
    also..wow, what a change a week makes

last week almost every carry group was Maw only and none would touch arcway with a 9.5 foot pole
    this week there are a LOT more groups offering mythic+ carries(AP--gotta grind it all) and about 1/2 of them are arc or HoV specific.. most of the rest are kara only.. almost impossible to find any willing to do maw or nelths

also hard to find any doing less than +7
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

14. - Top - End - #1064

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    You used to have to push the button each time
    Ahh those days. And you had to mine nodes multiple times, and people would ninja them between clicks. Rogues could secondary ranged weapons to the dismay of Hunters. Backstab could only be used from behind. Leveling a profession was ten times as grueling. We had genuine talent trees. No such thing as LFG. Ahh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #1065

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Ahh those days. And you had to mine nodes multiple times, and people would ninja them between clicks. Rogues could secondary ranged weapons to the dismay of Hunters. Backstab could only be used from behind. Leveling a profession was ten times as grueling. We had genuine talent trees. No such thing as LFG. Ahh.
    I take it you used to play a hunter. Because in practice it was Hunter could equip a melee weapon, to the dismay of every melee class ever. Oh and Warriors occasionally decided they liked leather more than plate, to the never ending irritation of Rogues.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

16. - Top - End - #1066

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I take it you used to play a hunter. Because in practice it was Hunter could equip a melee weapon, to the dismay of every melee class ever. Oh and Warriors occasionally decided they liked leather more than plate, to the never ending irritation of Rogues.
    I was a Rogue. Got a nice gun once, irritated a Hunter.

On an unrelated note, my progress is going well. Got Draenor flying and my raft and water walking mount. Also unlocked WQ's, did my first EQ last night, almost have Underlight Angler. ilvl is only 803, but I'm rather content with how things are going.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #1067

I remember once, in the Wailing Caverns, a rogue being upset that my hunter rolled on a piece of agility leather.

(That was back in the days when hunters used leather until level 40; there was no reasonable metric by which it wasn't aimed just as much as me as at him, defining "I expect to still be using a level 18 rare when I'm level 40" as unreasonable.)

18. - Top - End - #1068

My feral druid started a server war over looting a boe epic leather agi item in botanica. I was a cat form druid, it was a massive upgrade over my current of the bandit green, so it was a no brainer. Holy heck did the rogue flip out. He instantly dropped the group, left the dungeon and started spamming the zone, my guild, everyone he could yell at about it, and it touched off a massive argument over whether druids/hybrids should ever be allowed to loot anything if someone else also wants it. Half my guild got booted and reinvited because they wouldnt shut up about one side or the other of the argument. Personally, I was in a non guild pug, it was a large upgrade for my current spec, and I was going to equip it, not sell it, so I rolled need on it. But yeah, a LOT of people didnt think feral druids should get any items for upgrades unless no other classes wanted it because "they could use it better" It was this btw.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

19. - Top - End - #1069

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    My feral druid started a server war over looting a boe epic leather agi item in botanica. I was a cat form druid, it was a massive upgrade over my current of the bandit green, so it was a no brainer. Holy heck did the rogue flip out. He instantly dropped the group, left the dungeon and started spamming the zone, my guild, everyone he could yell at about it, and it touched off a massive argument over whether druids/hybrids should ever be allowed to loot anything if someone else also wants it. Half my guild got booted and reinvited because they wouldnt shut up about one side or the other of the argument. Personally, I was in a non guild pug, it was a large upgrade for my current spec, and I was going to equip it, not sell it, so I rolled need on it. But yeah, a LOT of people didnt think feral druids should get any items for upgrades unless no other classes wanted it because "they could use it better" It was this btw.
    Sorry to hear :(

Once I was in a LFR group, rolled need on a BoE leather chest. Some people thought it was nbd (I was low ilvl, barely made it into the group, had the lowest DPS), others were fumin' mad about it. After a few minutes I got booted.

In your case, I'd say that was lame of them, but I also see where they were coming from. It's worth 9k apparently. Now, I think the Feral v. whatever argument is total crap, but the needing on a 9k items which will soon be outdated by a green level 71 quest item, I can see it.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

One thing I liked about DCUO was that they never bothered with loot rolling for the gear that mattered. All personal drops, from the ground up. I considered the idea of killing a raid boss and most group members not getting any gear off it absurd when I first encountered it in WoW. Now I understand where that system might be desirable but it requires everyone to be of like mind, which clearly isn't going to be the case in all instances.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

forgive me for hopping in unexpectedly, but i was wondering if any of you had a better idea on some lore i learned of recently.

So Sylvanas has some kind of pact with nine Val'kyr right? and when she dies, they sacrifice themselves to bring her back from the dead? They also serve to create more forsaken and mindless minions for the Dark lady...

... what exactly do the Val'kyr get out of the deal? From what little i've learned about them, they don't seem to get anything other then a new master to serve.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1072

Once I was in a LFR group, rolled need on a BoE leather chest. Some people thought it was nbd (I was low ilvl, barely made it into the group, had the lowest DPS), others were fumin' mad about it. After a few minutes I got booted.

In your case, I'd say that was lame of them, but I also see where they were coming from. It's worth 9k apparently. Now, I think the Feral v. whatever argument is total crap, but the needing on a 9k items which will soon be outdated by a green level 71 quest item, I can see it.
    This was during the tbc expansion. There were no level 71 greens and wouldnt be for months. Short of going on a raid, I wasnt going to see anything with better stats. This was also the height of the core versus hybrid drama. Between classes like hunters (and yes druids) thinking that they deserved all of the loot because they could equip it, and the so called core classes, like warriors priests and mages who felt they got a larger benefit from the same gear therefore no hybrid should be allowed to loot it unless noone else wanted it, and the more rational people in between all up and down the spectrum, it was an annoying time. And yes, even back then the same item was worth a lot of gold. But that wasnt the issue, the issue was, it was an upgrade for both of us but the rogue felt feral druids shouldnt be allowed to loot upgrades if there was a rogue handy who wanted it instead.

This of course was made much worse for balance druids because there was very very little gear specifically meant for them, meaning leather caster gear, so they had to make due with cloth if they wanted better than greens. Guess who else wears cloth and needs sta/int? At least a cat druid is wearing leather gear and rolling on leather gear, a balance druid couldnt get any upgrades without rolling on the same items the so called core classes also wanted and it was of a lower armor type which caused even worse friction.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

23. - Top - End - #1073

...hold on.

During TBC? Until they simplified stats for WotLK so they didn't have to keep making Strength mail and leather, catform druids, like enhancement shaman, didn't want Agility, they wanted Strength. Did you roll on it for tanking (bears did want Agility) or for damage, or was it not Agility gear then?

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This is why I think personal loot should be the norm in MMO games. Loot is never distributed by any agent except the random number generator, and there's no reason to get mad at anyone. One of the things that City of Heroes did absolutely right was to bypass looting altogether. Your gear from beating stuff simply showed up in your inventory, and the Superbase (basically Guild shared housing) would let you purchase additional storage to store more things in. A bigger base meant more upkeep, but gave you more room to put useful things in it. It was a good, natural way to put in resource sinks, defuse loot drama, and encourage commerce.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Blizzard's website being offline is annoying. I want to see their usual April Fool's 'patch notes'.

Especially since the issue is on my end, DownForEveryone says its fully functional. I don't know what is going on, it just keeps timing out. Clearing cookies didn't help.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2017-04-01 at 02:50 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...hold on.

During TBC? Until they simplified stats for WotLK so they didn't have to keep making Strength mail and leather, catform druids, like enhancement shaman, didn't want Agility, they wanted Strength. Did you roll on it for tanking (bears did want Agility) or for damage, or was it not Agility gear then?
    Agility for cat druids was considered reasonable enough to start a war on both server and guild chat, so im not entirely sure what you are talking about.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    forgive me for hopping in unexpectedly, but i was wondering if any of you had a better idea on some lore i learned of recently.

So Sylvanas has some kind of pact with nine Val'kyr right? and when she dies, they sacrifice themselves to bring her back from the dead? They also serve to create more forsaken and mindless minions for the Dark lady...

... what exactly do the Val'kyr get out of the deal? From what little i've learned about them, they don't seem to get anything other then a new master to serve.
    From a WoW Wiki.
    After the events took place within the Icecrown Citadel, and the death of Arthas, only nine val'kyr remained in the world. These nine, lead by Annhylde the Caller, were bound to the will of their new dormant Lich King. Imprisoned atop the Icecrown, possibly for eternity, they hungered for their freedom. To gain this freedom they needed a vessel, one like them, a sister of war, strong, and who understood life and death. Someone who had seen the light and the dark. Someone worthy of power over life and death. Sylvanas Windrunner, after having just committed suicide off the Frozen Throne, was shown what would happen to her people and herself if she was gone. Using this information, they convinced her to make a pact with them. In this pact the val'kyr would be free of the Lich King forever, but their souls would be bound to the Dark Lady. Sylvanas will walk with the living once again, but through the sisterhood of the val'kyr. As long as they live, so too will Sylvanas. All of them will have their freedom, life, and power over death.

Sylvanas agreed to this pact, if only to prolong her fate, which filled her with terror. Annhylde took Sylvanas's place in death as the pact was made and the remaining eight sisters were bound to their new leader.
    So, they gain freedom to go places other than hang around granddad Bolvar for eternity.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So I show up to the Broken Shore and find a quest waiting for me.

Turns out it's the single player challenge thing the devs were talkin about in the Q&A. Alright, I'll give it a try. The specific one calls for Protection Warrior.

Naturally the demon hunter who comes with me gets neutralized almost immediately. But Velen has my back, he's a cool guy.

The target sends his inquisitor minion out first.

I die in two hits of his ability. And yes, I did counter it the first time. But my cooldown hadn't come around the next time he cast it.

So I'm thinking, maybe next time. Or never. Since the first trip was free but subsequent ones cost nether shards.

29. - Top - End - #1079

Well, update for me.

I finally got the artifact fishing rod. I was dreading grinding out the AP, but I got everything I wanted (the first trait + the 2 golden traits and everything up to them) in like 30 minutes. I had the lure for Ghostly Queenfish. Got to the right spot, got to fishing, got a second lure before that one expired, along with 22 or so fish. Did it again, got another lure. 3 total of those got me almost all the AP I needed, then just one more (Aromatic Murloc Slime) got me the last like 6 rares I needed.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well, update for me.

I finally got the artifact fishing rod. I was dreading grinding out the AP, but I got everything I wanted (the first trait + the 2 golden traits and everything up to them) in like 30 minutes. I had the lure for Ghostly Queenfish. Got to the right spot, got to fishing, got a second lure before that one expired, along with 22 or so fish. Did it again, got another lure. 3 total of those got me almost all the AP I needed, then just one more (Aromatic Murloc Slime) got me the last like 6 rares I needed.
    Grats. I thought the artifact rod was just a rumor. Now I'm thinking of getting it for myself, since I do fish a bit in my spare time.