New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

You can however buy weaker offspec weapons from merchants, plus eventually you do unlock all of your legendary weapons.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

I actually did level a Priest up to 110 recently, and I can say that from my experience Disc is more tolerable than Holy. They said they were going to improve the solo experience for healing specs, but it's still bad IMHO. Leveling with Disc feels like leveling with a tank honestly; you hit harder than Holy but you still have enough heals to sustain your health unless you aggro too many things. They key thing is that because of how Atonement works, you can effectively deal damage and heal yourself at the same time. Power Word Shield + a basic offensive rotation is enough in most cases for solo open world work. Too many of Holy's features (unsurprisingly) revolve around healing throughput so damage-wise you feel like you're throwing wet socks at the enemy.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    I actually did level a Priest up to 110 recently, and I can say that from my experience Disc is more tolerable than Holy. They said they were going to improve the solo experience for healing specs, but it's still bad IMHO. Leveling with Disc feels like leveling with a tank honestly; you hit harder than Holy but you still have enough heals to sustain your health unless you aggro too many things. They key thing is that because of how Atonement works, you can effectively deal damage and heal yourself at the same time. Power Word Shield + a basic offensive rotation is enough in most cases for solo open world work. Too many of Holy's features (unsurprisingly) revolve around healing throughput so damage-wise you feel like you're throwing wet socks at the enemy.
    Disc is worse than leveling with a tank because your AOE is nonexistent. Tanks can make up for a lack of single target damage in all but the most sparsely populated questing areas by pulling lots of mobs and AoEing them down. With Disc, the best you can do is multi-dot, use Divine Star on CD (Halo will pull everything in the vicinity, bad for questing), and single target. But Shadow is super squishy.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ettin in the Playground

Can anything other than grey items and dance sticks be obtained from the band fight on Darkmoon Isle?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

Are you inferring/assuming Tanks level badly? You can tank 3-8 mobs and aoe them down effectively.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

IMHO tanks (other than perhaps Death Knight due to their lack of mobility) is the best spec for level

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ettin in the Playground

My favorite spec/class(at least for 100-110) so far has been survival hunter~
    I can launch myself at enemies, run fast, have a bunch of aoes, a pet to help me divide up damage, and some decent healing. Plus I can stealth. Also the artifact weapon's "+10-13% damage per enemy hit by your main AoE" trait is awesome. It seems to not have much of a cap(and is delicious in places like... um... whichever Legion dungeon had a dragon fight where touching the eggs spawns big swarms of little dragons. I discovered the damage lets you usually one shot the swarms and all of the little dragons can drop stuff like Darkmoon Faire quest-starter-items).
    Speaking of the faire... I tried making a tutorial-ish video to the Silas' Secret Stash quest(as well as me doing many other quests to be able to afford the third mount, plus a little extra~). Hopefully even if you've done it already, it's at least a bit fun to watch(and I do read out all of the npc dialogue, and say hi to a few npcs like Ms Greenteeth and a Ghost).
    I'm also gonna start uploading a video of the ETC concert at the faire. Realized the inky black potion gave some awesome lighting.
    Meow(Steam page)

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

If you're a Priest, which means you don't have a Tank spec, then Discipline is the most similar to tanking, is what I meant. And more to the combination of damage/durability unlike Shadow which is less defensive and Holy which is painfully slow to kill people with. I don't see anyone speed leveling with a Priest, if that entails killing mobs quickly.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    IMHO tanks (other than perhaps Death Knight due to their lack of mobility) is the best spec for level
    Levelled as Blood before (mainly via instances but a few dozen levels with quests). DKs have the advantage that their plague is a ranged attack.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Levelled as Blood before (mainly via instances but a few dozen levels with quests). DKs have the advantage that their plague is a ranged attack.
    Nowadays all the tank specs have some sort of ranged attack or a pseudo-charge to get close

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ettin in the Playground

So... jewlecrafting. How do I level it in legion? I thought I just prospected ore, but I seem to have eaten about 100 leystone and gotten, like, six random gems(not even ones I seem to be able to use for jewelry?) and a ton of gem chips(are... they useless?).
    Is it profitable at all? Or might it be better to go to something easier and more cost effective?
    Meow(Steam page)

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I'm pretty sure 'leveling Jewelcrafting' and 'Profitable' has been mutually exclusive terms ever since Burning Crusade.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

outside of Alchemy and perhaps Enchanting, no profession is profitable
    Last edited by Sian; 2017-07-10 at 06:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ettin in the Playground

What about making obliterum?(seems to sell for a lot?) Keep in mind, I do not raid, I just am curious how to make money and earn toys and pets and mounts and such.
    edit: I mean "I don't raid" as in "I don't know what raiders want to buy", sorry for is it came off weird. >///<
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-07-10 at 02:37 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    What about making obliterum?(seems to sell for a lot?) Keep in mind, I do not raid, I just am curious how to make money and earn toys and pets and mounts and such.
    edit: I mean "I don't raid" as in "I don't know what raiders want to buy", sorry for is it came off weird. >///<
    Raiders want to buy current content potions, flasks, and and cauldrons (Alch). They want to enchant their gear, and they want to either eat the 500 primary stat feast or the biggest secondary stat food, depending on the spec in question. While they do want to gem their gear... every ring, amulet, and cape that's usable needs to be enchanted, whereas gem sockets are a random drop chance and not guaranteed.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Raiders want to buy current content potions, flasks, and and cauldrons (Alch). They want to enchant their gear, and they want to either eat the 500 primary stat feast or the biggest secondary stat food, depending on the spec in question. While they do want to gem their gear... every ring, amulet, and cape that's usable needs to be enchanted, whereas gem sockets are a random drop chance and not guaranteed.
    Does anyone actually buy the Blacksmithing item that lets you add a socket to a belt? Does any raider go Jewelcrafting+Blacksmithing for the three slots and strong gems to put in them? Because you can squeeze quite a bit of performance out of it. I suppose the personal-crafting-only stuff is more useful for PvP players, as they don't have a coordinated group most of the time, so jealousy/overcomplication/tryhard accusations aren't as likely.

Actually, do the gems have their normal effect in PvP, or are they stuck as part of the I-level-stat-ratio thing? If they are, how do the gems effect the I-level of the item they are in?

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone actually buy the Blacksmithing item that lets you add a socket to a belt?
    Of course they do. But there is a difference between using a Flask every other hour and an item that is in high demands a few days and weeks after a new raid launches and then just isn't bought anymore because almost no one replaces their belt.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Does anyone actually buy the Blacksmithing item that lets you add a socket to a belt?
    Blacksmithing can't add sockets to end game gear anymore. I think they dropped it Warlords.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Of course they do. But there is a difference between using a Flask every other hour and an item that is in high demands a few days and weeks after a new raid launches and then just isn't bought anymore because almost no one replaces their belt.
    Gear replacement does tend to happen, eventually you get a Warforged or Titanforged something or other that's slightly better than what you had in that slot. Of course, it's usually not the exact same piece of gear only Warforged etc, so you end up having to choose between having more of a key secondary stat that fuels your class's damage mechanics or more general throughput and stamina.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

Nowadays all the tank specs have some sort of ranged attack or a pseudo-charge to get close
    Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    Blacksmithing can't add sockets to end game gear anymore. I think they dropped it Warlords.
    Excuse my ignorance. I was gone longer than I thought.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm...
    At least jewelcrafting can make a little money from gem sales, as well as create a few quirky toys and mounts?(well, okay, the gem tiger thingies. Still, seems worth having a character able to grind them out).
    Might try an alchemist too sometime soon though. Potions and elixirs are always nice to have, and there's some fun(in the sense of quirky) effects some have. Size boosts, underwater breathing, etc. Good profit to be made is just icing on the fun cake~
    Enchanting also seems somewhat profitable, given I recently discovered even a low level enchanter with not a very high rank can at least mash up cheap Legion gear in to Arkhana(made even more fun when I can snag some off of the ah for, like, 20g and resell once DE'd for a 20-60g profit).
    Cooking also sounds like it might, unexpectedly, be good to level?
    Meow(Steam page)

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Colossus in the Playground

Cooking is a secondary profession; there's no reason for anyone not to have it.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Cooking is a secondary profession; there's no reason for anyone not to have it.
    There's a very stable market for the top-end feasts on any server that has a decent raiding community, usually; the people who most need them (heroic/mythic raid guilds burn through a stupid number of feasts when they're working new material) are also the people least likely to want to spend the time necessary to gather all the materials to cook said feasts.

On the other hand, getting yourself the recipes for those feasts can also be incredibly expensive, so it's not all gravy.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2017-07-12 at 11:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    There's a very stable market for the top-end feasts on any server that has a decent raiding community, usually; the people who most need them (heroic/mythic raid guilds burn through a stupid number of feasts when they're working new material) are also the people least likely to want to spend the time necessary to gather all the materials to cook said feasts.

On the other hand, getting yourself the recipes for those feasts can also be incredibly expensive, so it's not all gravy.
    The tier one recipes, not so much. The higher tier recipes that cut down the amount of mats you need to farm- Nomi's still a giant pain in the butt about dropping those.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

Tip for anyone doing Magisters Terrace: you can skip the Kael'thas speech at the end by pulling him along with other nearby mobs.
    Only learned this yesterday somehow, despite playing since late TBC was current content.
    Meow(Steam page)

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Tip for anyone doing Magisters Terrace: you can skip the Kael'thas speech at the end by pulling him along with other nearby mobs.
    Only learned this yesterday somehow, despite playing since late TBC was current content.

Come on you're ruining the experience! What good is a villain if he isn't allowed his 2 minute monologue explaining his plan prior to the actual fight?

Really, TBC was the era of overly dramatic villains that never truly die.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

Sort of random: I've hit the first jump from Artifact stuff requiring 1000 power to 6000 power... does it keep exponentially jumping, or will it stay in the 6k range for a while now?
    Meow(Steam page)

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

It'll keep jumping pseudo-exponentially ... but as long as you keep up (relatively speaking) with intended (non-buffed) Artifact Knowledge, the total amount of non-modified Artifact Power needed to gain a level is roughly the same from this point on and to the time you've topped off the artifact

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

WoW is weird. I haven't had fun running LFG and other similar stuff. so I cancelled my sub. Now, on my second to last day I watched a video on Pandaria (my favorite expansion lorewise and filled with Nostalgia) so I decided to continue playing my Alliance Panda Monk. And it is a surprising amount of fun.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ettin in the Playground

It'll keep jumping pseudo-exponentially ... but as long as you keep up (relatively speaking) with intended (non-buffed) Artifact Knowledge, the total amount of non-modified Artifact Power needed to gain a level is roughly the same from this point on and to the time you've topped off the artifact
    Hmm... maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? Amounts seem to range from 35(many chests) to 160(order missions) power at the moment, aside from the 400 power pvp rewards(and the 500 power ones that pvp seems to drop at random?).

WoW is weird. I haven't had fun running LFG and other similar stuff. so I cancelled my sub. Now, on my second to last day I watched a video on Pandaria (my favorite expansion lorewise and filled with Nostalgia) so I decided to continue playing my Alliance Panda Monk. And it is a surprising amount of fun.
    I've been finding myself doing pandaria-ish stuff too~
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-07-15 at 04:07 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)