New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Cloud City [IC]

1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cloud City [IC]

You don't find anything on the lock that may be untoward, or out of place and attempt to unlock it with your picks. But fail to do so, it's just...out of your skill range.

If only there was a key somewhere?
    Spoiler
    Show

Auto is on vacation for a bit, so its just you 3
    don't worry nothing you guys cannot handle.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara shrugs and looks very disappointed. "Sorry." She put together her tools again and then goes up the stairs again. "Maybe the others have found something upstairs."

Upon meeting the others again, she says: "There's a locked door downstairs, and I'd really like to know what's behind. The doors look solid, could also be a good bunker. You folks found something?"

Once someone has shown her the key she goes downstairs again to see if the key could match. Before she tries it out however, she first holds her ear against the door to see if she hears something behind it. If not, she tries out the key.
    Last edited by Blinkbear; 2016-12-12 at 11:46 AM.
    The only way of properly dealing with me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanil View Post
    I'm just going to increase the CR of every encounter by one for every terrible pun.
    Thanks Ceika for this great avatar!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

You hear....the trickle of water, but much less so a trickle, and more of a gentle lapping. As if...you try the key, the lock opens with a snap, no other sound comes from behind, and slowly edging the door open....you find an underground canal.

Water slaps against the sides of a stone jetty lazily in the dark, a single boat sites tied to one of the moorings, and a gang plank rests in its upright position, obviously used to haul cargo to and from the boats.

Spoiler: This will get everyones attention.
    Show

DING DING DING
    Level up
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara grins, carefully closes the door again, secures the key on a piece of string and goes upstairs again.

Still grinning as if she had just won the lottery, she announces: "You'll never guess what I found!"
    I'm just going to increase the CR of every encounter by one for every terrible pun.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Fons

Fons, still focused on the door and whatever may be going on outside, turns around and eyes kara quizzically. "A well of holy water? The high priest of Pelor with nothing else to do?" He sounds a bit cynical, but the expression on his face makes clear that he is making fun. An odd thing in itself: the wolf-man must have a lot of faith in the quality of his own fate. He peers outside a second and then turns to Kara with big, round eyes: "Honey-cakes?"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    Fons

Fons, still focused on the door and whatever may be going on outside, turns around and eyes kara quizzically. "A well of holy water? The high priest of Pelor with nothing else to do?" He sounds a bit cynical, but the expression on his face makes clear that he is making fun. An odd thing in itself: the wolf-man must have a lot of faith in the quality of his own fate. He peers outside a second and then turns to Kara with big, round eyes: "Honey-cakes?"
    "I'm kinda hoping for honey-cakes, myself," Sarah adds.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Saul mumbles, "I guess I'll go search upstairs, then," as the others head down to the basement.

He cautiously searches through everything, pocketing everything useful, and heads back downstairs.

He gives Kara a quizzical look when she mentions the locked door. "You think this might fit?" he asks, producing the small black key and grinning slightly, the first thing resembling a smile that he's given all day.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing all the expectant faces, Kara suddenly feels a bit bad for having built up their hopes about sweets. "Not quite," she starts her explanation, "Not as sweet maybe, but more exciting instead. The door downstairs leads to some underground canal!"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Fons

"Oh, nice, that might be our way out of here." Fons looks at his new companions: "Anyone know where the canal leads?"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Kara

"No idea. I didn't even know there were underground canals... Probably smugglers used it... So, what would be logical... Hmmm.... She thinks for a moment. Why don't we just walk down and see where it leads? Kara suddenly looks slightly startled. That had not been her thought. Or had it?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Using Knowledge (Local) and (Geography) to find out what would be a reasonable place this canals could lead to.
    Knowledge Local - (1d20+4)[21]
    Knowledge Geography - (1d20+3)[6] (untrained!)

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

"Probably they lead to the pirate dens at the docks in the south." Kara concludes.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Fons

"Allright. I guess that makes sense." Guessing is what he is doing indeed, he has no clue and that is quite obvious. "Good job, Kara." He looks around and asks with genuine concern: "Is everyone still allright?" He skewers an apple on his right claw and starts munching it. "We´ll be fine." He is hoping that a display of physical prowess and mental calm may rub off on the others, calming everyone down a bit. "It´s just heaps of rotting muscle we face. If we use our heads, we may be able to save our friends and family."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

"Was anyone wounded by them before we closed the door?" Sarah checks, just in case, sounding concerned.

"Having seen them a few times now, I think we need to resolve to hurt them if we must. I don't like it, but I can't believe those shambling people could kill our friends if they had any shred of their senses left."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A